PDA

View Full Version : Fed up!

Buckalew
07-19-2002, 01:57 PM
I'm fed up with how I have been feeding myself! I'm on a "diet". Starting today and I'm telling you all because I think I should tell someone so I'll be accountable. I was running a while back and am having some bad foot problems and have really been doing what my tag says. :(
I'm going to go weigh in and will weigh back in next Friday. I will be eating when (and only when I feel physical hunger) and stopping when I feel satisfied (not stuffed... and fed up. ;) )

Thanks for listening. :)
(Wish me luck)

Ted and Holly
07-21-2002, 12:03 PM
Good Luck Buckalew! You can do it! The first week is miserable and is the worst! If you can get through it, it becomes much easier.

Holly

disfanatiks
07-21-2002, 06:11 PM
Good Luck!!!:D

Margie J
07-21-2002, 08:55 PM
Buckalew,

I was where you are now not so long ago. I had been going to the gym four days a week, in the best shape ever, when my foot started acting up. It was so painful that I stopped ALL exercise. 15 pounds was gained atop the 20 I was already trying to lose. I was eating giant pieces of cake and downing hot fudge sundaes on a regular basis.

When my foot finally felt better I told myself enough! I got rid of the fudge sauce, wine with dinner and peanut butter sandwiches. If I wanted cake I bought one slice at the store not the whole cake. When I had burritos (like tonight) I had one instead of two. I have not felt deprived of my favorite foods. I even enjoyed great meals at WDW in May. My walking began to take a quicker pace and I went back to playing tennis too. I think it was Richard Simmons that called it a "live it" not a "diet". 17 pounds are gone as of today.

You can do this. Take it slowly. Make gradual changes and you may not even notice much of a difference in your meals. The weight will come off and the running will return.

TinkerPixie
07-22-2002, 09:38 AM
Good Luck! You can do it....:Pinkbounc

wovenwonder
07-22-2002, 02:14 PM
GOOD LUCK!:bounce:

247/235/139
started lowcarbing
06/17/2002
:D

cmbelle
07-22-2002, 10:21 PM
Have yourself water on hand all the time. I find if I drink water whenever I start to feel hungry, it takes away the hunger. I think I read on this board once that a lot of times when we are hungry, our bodies are actually craving water. We just don't know the difference.

Buckalew
07-23-2002, 10:31 PM
Thank you all for such encouraging words. I did see an orthopedic doctor about my poor ol' left foot. It has a heel spur, planter's facitis (sp?) and Morton's Neuroma. What a poor ol' foot it is. I have to stick something in my shoe and stretch out the bottom more than I am (so painful!!)

The diet "live it" is going well. Not the best but well. I eat a lot when I'm not hungry & for comfort. I have stressed out for the past 1 1/2 yrs. with DH's job changes etc. and I suppose I have eaten my way through it all.
I did this diet about 4 yrs. ago and lost 21 lbs. in 3 months and kept it off for 2 1/2 yrs. and have slowly & steadily gained it all back. I know that I can do it if I can regain my focus. Thanks to all of you though. There is something special about the DIS and its encouragment!!