PDA

View Full Version : Flying Continental ?

2Tiggies
11-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Does anyone know what Continental's baggage allowance is and what the upgrade options are?

wayneg
11-27-2009, 02:24 PM
This says free for 1st bag then $45 for 2nd ($50 at airport) upto 23kg/bag.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/travel/baggage/checkbag.aspx

Getting complicated some of these websites for luggage.

scottishgirl87
11-27-2009, 04:17 PM
This says free for 1st bag then $45 for 2nd ($50 at airport) upto 23kg/bag.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/travel/baggage/checkbag.aspx

Getting complicated some of these websites for luggage.

Tell me about it! Just noticed on the website the following:
Fees apply for certain economy fares between the destinations for tickets purchased on or after Oct. 2, 2009 for travel on or after Nov. 1, 2009.

Well I booked before 2nd October, but I fly after 1st November so does my ticket still include the 2 x luggage or not?! :confused3

wayneg
11-27-2009, 04:36 PM
I would read that as 2 bags free but I would get confirmation from the airline.
Glad we have enough with 1 bag each.

T16GEM
11-28-2009, 05:13 AM
Well I booked before 2nd October, but I fly after 1st November so does my ticket still include the 2 x luggage or not?! :confused3

Same here and now I am totally confused, I will call them later today I think. :confused:

scottishgirl87
11-28-2009, 05:42 AM
I would read that as 2 bags free but I would get confirmation from the airline.
Glad we have enough with 1 bag each.

I'm not really that bothered either way. We don't usually take more than 1 bag each so doesn't really matter!

2Tiggies
11-28-2009, 10:07 AM
ScottishGirl87, weren't you making a quick stop in New York on the way home? Might want to have an extra bag for the shopping ...:rotfl:
Or have I confused you with someone else?

Still $50 is not too bad for 23 KG if needed. Try and get an email from them and take it with you to the airport. I believe in the power of written confirmation :thumbsup2

scottishgirl87
11-28-2009, 11:23 AM
ScottishGirl87, weren't you making a quick stop in New York on the way home? Might want to have an extra bag for the shopping ...:rotfl:
Or have I confused you with someone else?

Still $50 is not too bad for 23 KG if needed. Try and get an email from them and take it with you to the airport. I believe in the power of written confirmation :thumbsup2

No, no, that's me, lol! We have a very very quick....something like 12 hours....stop in NY on the way home! I've been before but BF hasn't so I doubt I'll get much shopping done while there :(

Plus if I need the extra room, you know what guys are like they hardly take anything, so I can just use the BF's case for extra space :rotfl2:

TraceyL
11-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Tell me about it! Just noticed on the website the following:

I booked before 2nd Oct & as far as I am aware we still have the 2 x 23kg allowance :thumbsup2