PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again!! A Feb 2010 PTR - update 1/31 "Final Update? Itinerary Time(again)"

wsdl1085
11-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Here we go again? We haven't gone together in the first place. Two have never gone... EVER! The title mostly refers to me trying my hand at a PTR again. I gave up on the last one. I am NOT someone who can start a PTR 6+ months before a trip and keep it up. Now that the title explanation is out of the way, we can start!! I could sit here, and in one post tell you everything. But what would be the fun in that? I'll try to break it up a little. We're gonna start with the who. Mainly because everyone does and I'm a sheep. Baaaaaa! <-- Best paragraph ever! This is what happens when I don't get enough sleep. :headache:

Hi! My names Taylor. Disney runs through my veins. I was born and raised in Anaheim, CA, so I grew up at Disneyland. My parents met there when they both worked there. I was raised there. Had an annual pass most of my life. And I used to go every Friday with my cousins, uncle, aunt, grandparents, friends, their friends... My family is very Disney. Their friends are very Disney. I even ended up working at Disneyland for a couple of years after graduating high school. And even after all that, I still love all things Disney!! So I am super psyched to be going back to WDW after a 10 ˝ year hiatus. I am the planner for the trip. I've spend endless hours on the internet researching, making spreadsheets, planning... And the end result, my friends think I'm insane.

Falena - my bestest friend. We have the oddest things in common. I won't go into detail here, but trust me, we were meant to be friends. This is her first trip to the world. I'm more excited for her than she is, or at least that's how she is playing it. I know once she gets there, she'll be jumping up and down on the bed with me. She doesn't know it yet, but she will be wearing the First Visit button the entire trip. I'll make sure of it.

Johnny - Falena's boyfriend. The only boy going, and we're still not sure how that happened. Finds ways of cheating at Disney Scene It, but still loses. His first trip to WDW as well. Only his second trip outside the state of California. His first being this past January when he and Falena came up to Washington to visit me. He's very deprived when it comes to vacations. So he's excited!

Jen - my other bestest friend. She's been to WDW a bazillion times. So this trip is more about hanging with Falena and I than being at Disney World (and even if that's not true Jen, just play along) She is almost as excited about the trip as me. She laughs at all the emails I send out about updates, and ADRs, and just all things Disney. Is up for stalking the characters with me, and getting pictures of the cute guys from other countries working at EPCOT. We've been planning ways to embarrass and “get” Falena and Johnny. Beverly anyone?

jordanyosh
11-27-2009, 02:20 AM
okay i'm in.

wsdl1085
11-28-2009, 11:32 PM
okay i'm in.

Yay! A reader!! Thanks for joining :yay:

wsdl1085
11-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Working retail this time of year... Wow. I've been doing it for technically 6 years now (though two years really don't count), and it still is exhausting even though I know what to expect. Anywho...

So I decided I'd mention the where and why this time. I'm skipping what. That's easy. We're going to Walt Disney World!! And a one sentence post... Doesn't seem right for some reason. So the where. Well, other than WDW, we'll be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village, studio, safari view. Jen's family belongs to DVC and have been awesome enough to let us use their points to book our room. Yay!! Last time I was over there, Animal Kingdom was still new, and there was no Animal Kingdom Lodge at all. So I'm psyched! I love animals, and from the pictures I've seen from other TR's, it looks absolutely stunning. So I am looking forward to seeing it with my own eyes.

The main reason for this trip is for Falena, Jen and I to get to hang out together again. The three of us have not hung out, or even all been in the same state at the same time, since Jen moved back to Jersey in 2004. So it's been a loooooooooooong time. I've seen Jen once since she moved, and Falena three times. But, as with most friends, it sucks not seeing each other much. Big time.

Funnily, this whole trip started as a joke. I was back in California this past April for my cousins wedding, and stayed with Falena and Johnny while there. Well, I'm not sure how it came up, but somehow the conversation of her, Jen and all going somewhere together and taking a vacation of sorts came up. I, jokingly, said we should go to Disney World.

Ok, so a little history... Falena, Jen and I actually all met when we all worked at Disneyland in Back of House Store Ops. I met Falena late 2003 and Jen early 2004 and we all immediately hit it off. We're very similar in personalities so we all just kinda clicked. I always want to snap when I say that word for some reason. Sorry, just had to share. We hung out a lot together. There were other people that were in our group we hung out with, but we've all lost contact with those others over the years, but never with each other. So Jen moved the later part of 2004 back to her native Jersey, and then I moved to Texas in mid-2005, and then up to Washington in early '06. Falena stayed in Cali. And at Disneyland. And in Store Ops Back of House. She just loves it. :rolleyes:

So getting back to the why... I jokingly mentioned how we should go to Disney World to have our “reunion” of sorts. The Disney theme just seemed to fit. Well, Falena has never been, so she actually liked the idea. Especially when we remembered (how could we forget?!) she still worked at Disneyland, and that meant CM discounts and not having to pay for entry to the parks!! Gotta love perks!! So, by the time I got back home a week later, I lived on the internet, doing research and emailed Jen about our brazilliant (I like making up words) idea. That's when she mentioned her family having DVC and said she'd ask her parents about letting us book a room with their points. They said yes. I ran around the house screaming and dancing. Seriously. I got back online five minutes later after my celebration was cut short by running into the doorway (did I mention I'm a klutz) and started doing more research.

So, after a month or so of going back and forth on dates and resorts, we were settled. Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village, arriving Wed, Feb 3rd, and departing Tues, Feb 9th. Which I guess takes care of the when part too. We've got our itenerary (version 3,294), ADR's (third revision of them – and hopefully final), packing lists, tons of spreadsheets, a binder, and still a lot to be done.

jordanyosh
11-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Cool plans...I used to be a CM at DL, but like 20 years ago...

Stop by the Countdown Forum and sign in and I'll put you on the list.....

Here is the link:

The February 2010 thread. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2164229)

wsdl1085
11-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Cool plans...I used to be a CM at DL, but like 20 years ago...

That's so cool! What area did you work?

Stop by the Countdown Forum and sign in and I'll put you on the list.....

I'm heading there next!

jordanyosh
11-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Okay I'm dating myself, but 79-82 worked in Frontierland/Adventureland Merchandise. I did stock alot and was a lead.

After college I came back to Front/Adv merch but then went into mgmt and worked Plaza Complex...(plaza inn, inn between, red wagon, tiki juice bar and several other restaurants that are no longer there.) I left in 1989, but still keep in touch with 3 or 4 friends from back then.

wsdl1085
11-29-2009, 12:13 AM
No way! My friends and I worked west side stores/stock. Falena and I were FOH leads for the Frontier/Adventure complex, and she later switched back over to BOH as a lead, and still is today.
I didn't mean for you to date yourself. I was just curious because my parents worked there around that time. My dad worked there for nearly 20 years, from mid-70's to early 90's, but he was Tomorrowland and Main Street attractions, and my mom was late 70's to mid 80's I believe as Tomorrowland attractions too.

jordanyosh
11-29-2009, 12:23 AM
No way! My friends and I worked west side stores/stock. Falena and I were FOH leads for the Frontier/Adventure complex, and she later switched back over to BOH as a lead, and still is today.
I didn't mean for you to date yourself. I was just curious because my parents worked there around that time. My dad worked there for nearly 20 years, from mid-70's to early 90's, but he was Tomorrowland and Main Street attractions, and my mom was late 70's to mid 80's I believe as Tomorrowland attractions too.

I knew people in attraction, merch and restaurants...maybe i knew them.

I could tell you stories........is that downstairs stockroom still there in Adventureland?

wsdl1085
11-29-2009, 12:28 AM
I could tell you stories........is that downstairs stockroom still there in Adventureland?

Yes it is. It is the stockroom for Indy still as far as I know. I hated going down there, especially when it was raining. It would end up so flooded, you'd be in ankle deep water sloshing around to get product. Not fun.

jordanyosh
11-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Yes it is. It is the stockroom for Indy still as far as I know. I hated going down there, especially when it was raining. It would end up so flooded, you'd be in ankle deep water sloshing around to get product. Not fun.

:rotfl2: Yup that's the one. I had a great time working there and it sounds like you did as well.

wsdl1085
11-30-2009, 09:50 PM
So I made a binder. Well, I'm making a binder. I've made my cover sheet, and a few spreadsheets and things to go inside. But I'm always open for more ideas of what to put in it. Anyone?

Moving on... I'm sitting here, trying to keep myself awake because I believe that 7pm is too early to go to bed for the night unless I want to be up at about 1am. And I don't. So I am going to post our current thoughts of an itinerary. Well, my thoughts anyways.

Wed, Feb 3rd
Arrival day
Jen's flight was pushed back, so she won't be getting in till about 6pm now. Falena and Johnny are scheduled to arrive around 4:30, and me 5. Since we're still all arriving in close enough time to each other, we'll meet somewhere in the airport and take the ME over to the resort together.
Dinner: Who knows. Depends on how everyone feels I guess. We might just grab some food at Mara, or maybe go over to DTD. Still to be decided.

Thurs, Feb 4th
DHS day
We're going this day because of Fantasmic showing. I LOVE me some Fantasmic. I've seen the one at Disneyland a ton of times. When I used to close in Frontierland, we'd go out on the porch in front of Bonanza and watch the show since we'd be so slow in the stores. I love love love it! So we have to go! Now, the others want to see it to, so it's not like I'm dragging them!
Breakfast: At the resort, probably something small in the room, or else maybe grab something at the Writers Stop?
Lunch: Earlyish ADR at 50's Prime Time
Dinner: CS at the park or maybe go to DTD

Fri, Feb 5th
Animal Kingdom day
I love this park. I like walking all the different trails and seeing the animals and getting pictures of their butts because, really, do they ever show their faces? I'm also super psyched to ride Everest. It looks amazing! A modern Matterhorn if you will.
Breakfast: Grab something at Mara before we leave
Lunch: CS at the park
Dinner: ADRs at Boma

Sat, Feb 6th
Magic Kingdom day
What can you say? It's like Disneyland. I love Disneyland. I love the Magic Kingdom. The castle, the fireworks, the parades. **sigh**
Breakfast: either in the room or maybe grab something at the bakery
Lunch: CS
Dinner: ADRs at Tony's before Spectro and Wishes

Sun, Feb 7th
EPCOT day
I LOVE EPCOT! Totally my favorite park. And the last time I was there, I wasn't even old enough to try the adult beverages offered, so that tells ya something. I love the idea of traveling the world (who doesn't?!) and the fact that you actually are interacting from people from those places. Amazing! We're also planning on doing the Around the World on a Segway tour (or whatever it's called) thing this morning.
Breakfast: Later ADRs at Akershus – Yay Princesses!!
Lunch: Just snacking and drinking around the world
Dinner: ADRs at Le Cellier
Dessert: Beaches and Cream? I want to try a Kitchen Sink!

Mon, Feb 8th
Go Back And Do What You Want day
It's really like our free day. Get up late. We can go back to what we want. I already told them I'm going to want to spend more time at EPCOT. But who knows.
Breakfast: Grab something at Mara or eat in the room
Lunch: Depends where we go
Dinner: ADRs at Whispering Canyon

Tues, Feb 9th
Departure day
I can't remember when everyones flights leave. Mine is around 6 or 6:30, and the other's are around the same time. So we do have time to go do something that morning before we have to leave.
I have no clue on food this day. We'll eat something somewhere I'm sure.

jordanyosh
12-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Our itineraries match up on Sat/Sun. I meeting up with some DISers who I met on my last trip on Saturday at MK. A few of them are eating at Tony's as well....
Be on the lookout for the crazy Asian man....it'll be me.

wsdl1085
12-03-2009, 02:30 AM
Be on the lookout for the crazy Asian man....it'll be me.

Got it. And I'll be the crazy red head that isn't Winkers being chased down by three people who look massively embarrassed to be with me :hyper:

wdwislife
12-03-2009, 07:18 AM
joining! i'll be there in Feb. as well, though I'm arriving a couple days after you leave.

jordanyosh
12-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Got it. And I'll be the crazy red head that isn't Winkers being chased down by three people who look massively embarrassed to be with me :hyper:

Will do! I'll be on the lookout for sure.

wsdl1085
12-03-2009, 03:15 PM
joining! i'll be there in Feb. as well, though I'm arriving a couple days after you leave.

Yay!! Another one!! :woohoo: I don't know why I get so excited about that. Deeeep breath.
I'm busy trying to come up with ways to extend my stay. The others can't because of various school and work reasons, but I already am taking 2 1/2 weeks off around that time, so.... We'll see.

wsdl1085
12-06-2009, 02:20 PM
I scrapbook. I love doing it, though I seem to have no time for it anymore. Well, lately I've spent the time I've had working on layouts that will just need pictures stuck on once I get home, which will save me some time after the trip. And I've decided I'm actually going to do two scrapbooks. Maybe. I'm going to do a classic one, like a traditional scrapbook. But I also want to make an ABC's of Disney one. Where I have 26 different pages, one for each letter and what the letter stands for when it comes to Disney. But I'm having problems coming up with something for each letter. Then there are letters like C where I have like 10 things. Ugh... I thought this was going to be easy! :headache:
I guess I am just looking for ideas if anyone has some good ones. I'd rather not get into naming specific characters or attractions. Because then I'd feel bad for the ones I left out. Like A, I'd totally have to use Ariel, but what about Alice? Or Aladdin? See what I mean?
I decided this last night when I couldn't sleep, can you tell? Here's what I have so far:

ANIMAL KINGDOM
B
CHARACTERS
DOWNTOWN DISNEY
EPCOT
FOOD
G
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
I
J
K
L
MAGIC KINGDOM
N
O
P
Q
RESORTS
SHOWS
TRANSPORTATION
U
V
WEATHER
X
Y
Z

Maybe I could get away with just doing half the alphabet...

englishrose47
12-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Joining in followe you over from Blues thread !! I will be one of them with Jordan on the 6th !! nly now we are eating at the Wave before watching Wishes !! May be we can meet ya there !!!

wsdl1085
12-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Joining in followe you over from Blues thread !! I will be one of them with Jordan on the 6th !! nly now we are eating at the Wave before watching Wishes !! May be we can meet ya there !!!

:welcome:
Sounds great to me! I'm excited to meet all you disers!!

englishrose47
12-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Sounds great to me! I'm excited to meet all you disers!!

When we hae details will let yu know !!:banana:

eliz991
12-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Joining in - I'll be there in February too, but a week after you!

Where did you live in Texas?

Letters....how about "X"-citement....Laughter...buffets? :lmao:

wsdl1085
12-07-2009, 09:45 PM
When we hae details will let yu know !!:banana:

I can't wait to hear!! :yay:

Joining in - I'll be there in February too, but a week after you!

Where did you live in Texas?

I lived in north Dallas, like on the border by Plano

Letters....how about "X"-citement....Laughter...buffets? :lmao:

Yay! Thanks!:thumbsup2

wsdl1085
12-08-2009, 11:39 PM
So I ordered custom maps from Disney a while back. Like when this whole trip was still a joke. Though I don't know if I should call them custom. I only left off one thing from MK I believe when I “customized” them. I mention this because I found them again today. They were somehow stuck in the bottom of a box of stamps with the planning DVD I had ordered. So I've spent the last hour watching the DVD (which told me nothing new, sadly) and studying the maps and living our trip in my head. What we're going to ride first, where we're eating, what route to take...

So I decided that I will go ahead and just list some of my must dos. Why not, right? Right. And I will do it in order of parks we will be visiting. As of right now anyways.

Disney's Hollywood Studios
~Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular: We didn't do this when I was here eons ago. I'm upset about this now for some reason
~Star Tours: Falena hates this ride. But Johnny loves it (he's a Star Wars fan). When I was down in California in April, I promised to ride this with him at Disneyland. It ended up not happening. I owe him this.
~Lights, Motor, Action: Johnny likes cars. He's the only boy. We must keep him entertained.
~Toy Story Mania: Not necessarily a must do, but sooooooooooooooooooo much fun!!
~One Mans Dream: I just want to, looks awesome
~Voyage of the Little Mermaid: Lena and mines favorite character is Ariel. Enough said.
~Magic of Disney Animation: Again, it looks awesome, wasn't there a bazillion years ago when I was last here
~Beauty and the Beast: I love musicals. I love Disney. It's Disney on Broadway off Broadway!!
~Rock 'n' Roller Coaster: Another new attraction for me. And roller coasters are fun
~Tower of Terror: Up and down and up and down and up and down... :yay:
~Fantasmic: Best show ever. Period.

Animal Kingdom
~Festival of the Lion King: I saw the Broadway show in LA when I lived in California. Loves's it!!
~Finding Nemo The Musical: Refer to the Beauty and the Beast show above for comments (this movie is also one of my fav's)
~Kilimanjaro Safaris: Animals are fun. Especially when the giraffe sticks his head in the jeep. At least that's what happened when I rode this, you know, forever ago
~Kali River Rapids: We didn't ride this for some reason back in '99. This is becoming my make up trip I'm realizing
~Expedition Everest: Roller coaster! FUN!
~Dinosaur: First time I rode this, wow, the picture made it look like I peed my pants:sad2:
~All the trails and treks and stuff: I also love taking pictures. And they have animals and plants to take pictures of!

Magic Kingdom
~Railroad: I love just doing circles around the park. Taking pictures of things you normally wouldn't see on the ground
~Tiki Room: Again, Lena doesn't do this. I'll do it alone. I love singing with the birds and flowers!
~Jungle Cruise: I'm a total sap for the corny jokes. The best rides are right before the park closes and there is a good chance you're group is the only one on the boat. So much fun
~Pirates: Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me **sigh** Johnny Depp (I just realized that one of the peoples going is Johnny – This may cause some confusion. So Depp will now be called hotmaninlotsofeyeliner)
~Thunder: Again with the coasters
~Country Bear Jamboree: I miss this at Disneyland. Lena does too. Now, Winnie the Pooh is cute and all, but bring back the country bears!!
~Haunted Mansion: I'm running out of comments about the attractions... Uhm... Boo!
~PhilharMagic: Another new thing. And any excuse to wear styling 3D glasses!
~Carrousel: I am a kid at heart. I love my spinning horses.
~Mad Tea Party: Jen can't do this one. But someone else might. Maybe. Or else I'll find the Mad Hatter. He'll surely ride with me
~Space Mountain: Again, roller coaster. You should know by now.
~Indy Speedway: Even though I now am more than old enough to drive, and do so every day, this just brings me back to being a kid and not being able to see over the steering wheel. Just some nice memories
~People Mover (or TTA or whatever): A relaxing ride through Tomorrowland (I think I'm starting to sound like a tour guide or something)
~Space Ranger Spin: I'm competitive. IT'S ON JOHNNY!! (I beat him and Lena on TSM at DCA in April - Yay me!!)

EPCOT
~Soarin': If I don't ride it, I'm ok with that. I've ridden the one at DCA a ton of times. Now, if they had it be a different film or whatever, I'd be first in line. But it's exactly the same, which sucks honestly. Still a great ride though!!
~Mission SPACE: As long as someone else goes with me lol I won't do it on my own
~Test Track: Another one I think Johnny will love. Boys:rolleyes:
~The Seas with Nemo: I love Nemo
~Maelstrom: I kinda remember it. Not really. So I wanna go back.

As for things I won't do:
~Nothing
I'm willing to do anything at WDW. Even if that means they want to sit through the Playhouse Disney show, I'm there. I love Disney. It's my happy thought!

I know this was kind of a boring post. But I was bored. Go figure!

winkers
12-10-2009, 03:42 AM
I'll be there feb 3-11th...

looking at your schedule, I think we'll be in the same parks a few times!

wsdl1085
12-10-2009, 03:51 AM
I'll be there feb 3-11th...

looking at your schedule, I think we'll be in the same parks a few times!

Yay!! I just realized I should post a picture so people know who to look for. Though, the only ones I have I'm either wrapped up in a blanket (I always seem to be cold apparently) or else I've had a few too many and look a little, well, funny. ;)

winkers
12-10-2009, 03:59 AM
funny's good..

eliz991
12-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Yay!! I just realized I should post a picture so people know who to look for. Though, the only ones I have I'm either wrapped up in a blanket (I always seem to be cold apparently) or else I've had a few too many and look a little, well, funny. ;)

I drink at Disney too (um, see avatar) so I figure I'm likely to look pretty funny the whole time.

wsdl1085
12-10-2009, 12:11 PM
I drink at Disney too (um, see avatar) so I figure I'm likely to look pretty funny the whole time.

:lmao: Yea, that'll be Lena, Johnny and I. Jen says she's going to be good when it comes to drinking and control herself. I tend not to believe her, I know her too well ;) If you hear of any stories of a group of four who've been drinking and getting into shenanigans, that'd be us

wsdl1085
12-14-2009, 09:32 PM
50 day dance!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Off to work on things for, well, work. Will hopefully do an update by Wed, or maybe Thurs. I dunno :confused:

jordanyosh
12-14-2009, 09:37 PM
50 day dance!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Off to work on things for, well, work. Will hopefully do an update by Wed, or maybe Thurs. I dunno :confused:

woohoo!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

englishrose47
12-14-2009, 10:17 PM
51 days !!!!!!!

wsdl1085
12-20-2009, 12:15 AM
So I got one of my Christmas presents today. Though I've known about it for almost a month now, and have been buying more stuff for than I can afford for the last month. So, after this last month of driving one of my friends nuts about it, she gave it to me a week early. :goodvibes So if anyone thought I had no life before, I'm totally void of one now. I've spent all afternoon/evening since getting home from work playing with it!

Anyways, on the trip front. Nothing. No changes, no planning, no nothing. I SUCK! I know this. But I kinda went overboard when we first talked about this trip that now there is not much else to do. Except my binder. Which I have a number of inserts for, except my printer still does not work so they are still not printed out. And my DBF is very frugal with using his colored ink, so that's a no go.

I have five days off next week (assuming I call out next Sat... I think I feel something coming on *cough*), so I am planning on getting my butt in gear, getting these babies printed out, prettifulling it, and maybe posting some pics. And maybe work on some more of my scrapbooking layouts for the trip. Oh, I will also then get caught up on here. Maybe. A lot of maybes aren't there?

Is 45 days before I leave too early to start packing?

eliz991
12-21-2009, 11:43 AM
What was the Christmas present?

jordanyosh
12-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Wii?

DS?

wsdl1085
12-21-2009, 04:00 PM
What was the Christmas present?

Wii?

DS?

Nope, nothing like that. I'm a crafterish person. So my friends went in together and bought me a Cricut (electronic cutter machine) Me loves it! If you bought me a Wii or DS, it'd probably sit in the corner for ages. My Cricut is already getting more use than I think it was made for. They also bought me one of the Disney Princess cartridges made for it, so I've been Disneyifying our house :thumbsup2

eliz991
12-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Nope, nothing like that. I'm a crafterish person. So my friends went in together and bought me a Cricut (electronic cutter machine) Me loves it! If you bought me a Wii or DS, it'd probably sit in the corner for ages. My Cricut is already getting more use than I think it was made for. They also bought me one of the Disney Princess cartridges made for it, so I've been Disneyifying our house :thumbsup2

Cool! You'll have to share some pics with us!

jordanyosh
12-21-2009, 08:38 PM

Scary that I actually know what that is!

What a great gift.

englishrose47
12-22-2009, 10:24 PM

What a great gift.

Your Good Jordan !! I have no clue what it is ,but I am NOT crafty :lmao::lmao:

wsdl1085
12-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Cool! You'll have to share some pics with us!

If you want pictures of the Disney stuff I've cut, well, I've only got one. Some of my friends were over, saw what I'd done, and took them ALL! I didn't realize it till they had all left and I couldn't believe it. :mad:

What a great gift.

I think it's great you know what it is! My boyfriend had no clue, and kept telling me it would be such a waste to get it. Well, once my friends gave it to me and I played around with it, and he saw what it did... Boy, did he change his tune. Now he feels bad for not getting me one a couple of years ago when I first started talking about getting one. But, to make up for it, he's buying me cartridges for it. So he is forgiven. :woohoo:

Your Good Jordan !! I have no clue what it is ,but I am NOT crafty :lmao::lmao:

:lmao: I really have only done scrapbooking, only recently branching out on my creativity. I love it all now!!

wsdl1085
12-27-2009, 09:10 PM
I said I was going to update this thing during my 5 days off. Sorry!! I'm at a loss of things to really talk about with our upcoming trip, so I thought I'd go down memory lane to the last trip to WDW.

**Insert Wayne's World dream sequence sounds and motions here**

I take you back to June 1999. My grandparents were taking the family on a trip to the World as an 8th grade grad trip for one of my cousins and I who just finished middle school. Yay us!! Well, it ended up just being an awesome vacation as, like I said, they offered to take the entire party. My parents ended up not going for whatever reason they came up with. I think it was something like my dad wasn't going to be able to get the time off and mom offered to stay home with him. Fine by me, I was 13 and felt I didn't need my parents anyways. Just like every other teenage girl, right? Along with me was my grandparents of course (mom's parents), my Uncle (mom's brother – aka Goofster57 on the dis), Aunt, and their two daughters (my cousins – or is that a duh statement?)

I pulled out an old calendar and after studying the dates, I believe I'm correct on them. I know we left the Thurs after my last day of school. So June 24th 1999. It was later in June, we were home the end of June, so that has to be it. I think. We stayed 7 or 8 days. This I can't remember. So we'll just see what I do remember of it and see how many days worth of stuff I come up with.

So day 1. We had to be at my grandparents at the buttcrack of dawn. I don't honestly remember the flight, I think Jess was feeling sick? I sat next to my grandma. I think. A lot of I thinks. I should just call my cousin and ask her. Oh well, this will be fun. We got to Orlando late-ish. So we must have had a layover considering it was the middle of the night when we left. At least that is what it felt like. I don't remember the Welcome to Disney sign. But I do remember the Wilderness Lodge one. It made me feel like I was heading towards Yosemite or something. I also remember walking into the lobby and being awestruck. Keep in mind, Disneyland had nothing like the resorts at Disney World at this time. This was absolutely amazing!! We didn't get bunk beds in the room though they'd been requested. I was very disappointed with this. I'm totally over it now. Stupid bunk beds.

After we all got checked in, we took the boat launch to MK. We went towards some restaurant that told us there was no table large enough for us all (again, we were a party of 7, not that big) Or maybe it was a long wait. I'm pretty sure they said they couldn't seat us all. Whichever. Isn't this just the best 10 years later TR ever?! So we went somewhere else for food, I know we also rode Space at some point. Maybe another ride? It also rained. Gotta love Florida rain. Did we see the parade or fireworks? I don't remember. I was just excited to be there. And exhausted since I'd been up since before the chickens. Not that we had chickens. But... Nevermind. We went back to the room soon after and off to sleep. Well, I couldn't sleep. I know that. I had a few problems falling asleep that trip. I'm sure it'll be the same this trip too.

Day two was EPCOT. I stayed in a room with my grandparents, and the other four had their own room. I know that basically every morning the three of use would be standing outside my cousins door waiting for them to come out. We ate food somewhere. No clue where. I believe Test Track was our first attraction. So much fun!! We ate at the TS restaurant in the Mexico pavilion. Nothing to write home about. I think we may have ridden other attractions. Again, it's been 10 years!! I know we went back to the resort and ended up going back to MK that evening. Though my uncle and grandpa stayed at the resort. This is where we discovered Coke/Rootbeer floats. These were big things to us girls. We rode Pirates, Pooh, and probably some other things. Then back to the room for some sleep.

Day three was MK. I'm surprised at what I remember. I think it's because I've been reliving that trip in my head the last 7 months or so. We rode speedway. That's all I remember from MK. That may have been all we did. That afternoon/evening we ended up at EPCOT again. My cousins and I did the EPCOT passport things. Those were so much fun!! I want to do them again this year. Well, technically next year. In 37 more days. No, EPCOT is in 41 days. So in 41 days. I'm doing the passport thing again. Alyssa learned how to order Coke in Italian. Or German. Or English. Some language. This was the evening we ended up eating at the McDonalds in DTD. It was dark and pouring rain and took a year to find a place to sit inside. But it was food, and it was dry. That's all I remember from DTD. Boo.

Day four was MGM. Back when it was MGM. We rode the bus to the park, and I remember seeing TOT come into view. So Jess and I made a plan to head their first. And we were the only two wanting to do this ride. I could have done it over and over and over. You have no clue how excited I was when they brought this attraction to DCA. When we had cast preview days for it, you could go on your lunch in costume to ride it. So, of course, that's what we did. This is before you really had to clock in and out for lunch, and I was working on the freight team. So we divided into two, and spent the next hour and a half (yea, we took some extra time) riding this thing over and over and over. Anyways, back to Florida... We also rode GMR, the Backlot Tour, and that's it. I don't really think there was much else to ride/see then.

We had lunch at 50's Prime Time that day. This was by far the best meal in my opinion that day. Whomever our waitress was, she was great. My uncle got in trouble at some point, so I think she may have been “mom”. He did draw her a picture on his place mat to get back on her good side, and she pinned it on the wall above our table. Ok, so maybe you had to be there, but I spent lunch laughing. I think it rained again. What we did after this, I don't know. I have no clue what was done for dinner. So it must not have been memorable. So don't eat at the place I can't remember because it isn't worth it.

Next day was Animal Kingdom. I loved the Safari, the storyline was boring to me though. Dinosaur was awesome too, and I'll admit that stupid thing that jumps out at you (you know, when they take your pic) scared the **insert word of choice here** out of me. We ate lunch at Flame Tree I think. I remember it was something barbecue. Oh, we also did the Animal Kingdom passport things too. Though, I believe we didn't finish them?? We saw TTBAB. I wanted to ride Kali. But as I remember, I was the only one. We went to MGM that night for dinner and Fantasmic. We had “Priority Seating” for SciFi. Can I just say I'm glad they got rid of priority seating!! We checked in at our check in time and sat around for a decade to be seated. For those who don't know, Priority Seating really just meant that you told them when you wanted to eat, they told you to come back and check in then, and when you check in, all they do is put you in front of the people who didn't do Priority Seating. It's not an actual reservation. So, you basically still had to wait till they had an open car/table/whatever to get seated. After dinner we watch VOTLM and then Fantasmic. Jess and I were going to go try to ride TOT again, but for some reason didn't. I really don't know what happened there.

Day whatever I'm on. I don't know what I did that morning. Jess, Alyssa and Shivahn went to Typhoon Lagoon. Maybe I just watched TV. We ended up going to MK again that night. We did Carousel of Progress, People Mover (or TTA for you who want to call it that), Splash and Thunder too I believe. We watched the parade. Watched the show they had in the Diamond Horseshoe Revue and had coke floats. When they asked everyone in there where they were from, of course we had to say Disneyland. This must have been like EMH night or whatever it was called then. I remember we were out major late. So maybe we rode all those rides later. We also did Buzz Lightyear and my grandpa and I did the Alien Encounter thing.

Day seven. EPCOT again. And a major storm. Well, major for me. Let's just say there was Mexican food all over the ground at one point. I don't remember details, but I remember they lost their food the wind was so strong. I know at one point everyone in the parks were trying to hide under all the covered walkways. I remember getting stuck by Innoventions. It let up at some point. I'm sure we rode something. Played around in WS again. I know after we got back to the resort that night, our grandma asked us to write down our top 5 things to do the next day (our last day).

Day eight. Alyssa, Uncle Keith and I went to Typhoon lagoon. The only thing I really remember was swimming with the sharks. We did some of the slides I'm sure, and I have a vague memory of the river thingy. After this we met with everyone else at DTD and went to Disney Quest. A five story arcade? Yes please! I love love loved the create your own roller coaster thing. That night we did WCC for dinner. We went there some other day too, but I don't remember what day or what meal.

Want an embarrassing story? Well, at some point Alyssa had to go to the restroom. Well, Jess and I at some point went to check on where she was. We also wanted to get away from our server who enjoyed his/her job a little too much. Well, we walked in as Alyssa was walking out, so we walked back to the table together. We get back, and the server starts questioning our whereabouts. We told him/her we went to the restroom to try and find Alyssa, and he/she asks what color the soap is. Jess and I had no clue as we hadn't actually washed our hands as we'd done nothing but walk in the door. Alyssa just started at the guy/lady. So he/she starts announcing to the entire restaurant that we'd gone to the bathroom and not washed our hands. The three of us went running from the table to find out what color the soap was. Jess and I then started screaming at Alyssa for not saying because she had washed her hands and should have known. We got back to the table, after making sure to scrub our hands thoroughly just in case and announced the color and texture of the soap. I believe it was a white powder substance that turned into suds. I could be wrong. Yea, for a long time after that, every time I had to go to the restroom at a restaurant, I made sure to know what kind of soap they had in case I was ever asked again. My point? Make sure you know what you wash your hands with in the bathrooms!! You never know!!

Getting back on track, after dinner, we packed. We were leaving the next day. Early the next day. Like, with time change and all, this was the buttcrack of the buttcrack of dawn. On the flight home, certain members of the family were talking about going to Disneyland that evening so they could say they'd been to Disney World and Disneyland in the same day. They did too. I went home and recanted the entire trip to my parents. Then slept. And slept some more.

winkers
12-27-2009, 10:32 PM
oh, how I love my cricut!!

I even found a lady who sells cartridges for $20, which means I've spent too much lately adding to my collection.:rolleyes1

wsdl1085
12-28-2009, 06:55 AM
oh, how I love my cricut!!

I love mine too. I have to admit, it's like the best gift I've ever gotten. Just don't tell my DBF that :thumbsup2

I even found a lady who sells cartridges for $20, which means I've spent too much lately adding to my collection.:rolleyes1

Really?! Is she online or local or what? I could imagine spending quite a bit on upgrading my collection... I'd just have to decide if it was worth spending trip money on it or actually going to WDW.

wsdl1085
12-28-2009, 05:05 PM
I am not a morning person. I'd much rather be walking in the door at 4 am rather than out of it. And here I was this morning, up at 3:30 for work, guzzling coffee like no ones business after going to sleep just before 1 am. Now, part of my problem is I have insomnia. So, sleeping at all is difficult for me. But, if I wake up on my own 2 ˝ hours later, instead of by an alarm, I am fine and can go all day. Don't you just hate that? Well, I do anyways. My cats love it though. It means early breakfast for them. Then they go back and get back into bed with my DBF while I'm forced to get myself ready for my day ahead. Why am I mentioning this?

Well, I had a realization this morning as I was sitting on my computer, cup of coffee in hand, reading some more entries of a recently found TR from three years ago. For some reason, I love the completed ones more. I think it has to do with the fact that they are completed, so I don't have to wait for an update. I'm impatient like that. Anywho, my realization is Walt Disney World is in FL. EST time. I live in WA state. PST. Anyone else see the connection? 3:30 am to me, is 6:30 am to the east coast mouse. I actually banged my head against my desk with this thought came to me. What am I going to do? I'm a rope drop kind of gal. I am excited to see the opening shows. Even if it means ditching the rest of my party to see them. Parks open at 9, so need to be there by 8:30 (did I mention I always need to be wherever early?), which means up no later by 7. But, there are four of us and one bathroom. So do we need to get up at 6:30? 6?!

So, there I was, having a slight panic attack about how I'm not going to be able to sleep for a whole week and I'll have to back at work the day after I get home at 5am... I'm going to be Grumpy. And Loopy (he's the eighth dwarf no one ever talks about) But I then realized something else. Who cares? I will be at Disney World!! I'll take a nap on IASW. Snooze on the buses/monorail. They have coffee, right? I will survive. Did I really think I'd be sleeping much anyways? I'm going to be on a total adrenaline rush! Anywho, I got home from work, was bored, 2 pm is too early to go to bed. So I decided to share. Yet again, no real update.

winkers
12-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Really?! Is she online or local or what? I could imagine spending quite a bit on upgrading my collection... I'd just have to decide if it was worth spending trip money on it or actually going to WDW.

she's on ebay...if you want more info, I'll pm you.

I understand about mornings, the need to be places early and the 3 hour time change...my body usualy adjusts the day before we go home....just in time for me to re adjust at home.

wsdl1085
12-28-2009, 08:56 PM
she's on ebay...if you want more info, I'll pm you.

Yes, please!

jordanyosh
12-31-2009, 01:09 AM
I am not a morning person. I'd much rather be walking in the door at 4 am rather than out of it. And here I was this morning, up at 3:30 for work, guzzling coffee like no ones business after going to sleep just before 1 am. Now, part of my problem is I have insomnia. So, sleeping at all is difficult for me. But, if I wake up on my own 2 ˝ hours later, instead of by an alarm, I am fine and can go all day. Don't you just hate that? Well, I do anyways. My cats love it though. It means early breakfast for them. Then they go back and get back into bed with my DBF while I'm forced to get myself ready for my day ahead. Why am I mentioning this?

Well, I had a realization this morning as I was sitting on my computer, cup of coffee in hand, reading some more entries of a recently found TR from three years ago. For some reason, I love the completed ones more. I think it has to do with the fact that they are completed, so I don't have to wait for an update. I'm impatient like that. Anywho, my realization is Walt Disney World is in FL. EST time. I live in WA state. PST. Anyone else see the connection? 3:30 am to me, is 6:30 am to the east coast mouse. I actually banged my head against my desk with this thought came to me. What am I going to do? I'm a rope drop kind of gal. I am excited to see the opening shows. Even if it means ditching the rest of my party to see them. Parks open at 9, so need to be there by 8:30 (did I mention I always need to be wherever early?), which means up no later by 7. But, there are four of us and one bathroom. So do we need to get up at 6:30? 6?!

So, there I was, having a slight panic attack about how I'm not going to be able to sleep for a whole week and I'll have to back at work the day after I get home at 5am... I'm going to be Grumpy. And Loopy (he's the eighth dwarf no one ever talks about) But I then realized something else. Who cares? I will be at Disney World!! I'll take a nap on IASW. Snooze on the buses/monorail. They have coffee, right? I will survive. Did I really think I'd be sleeping much anyways? I'm going to be on a total adrenaline rush! Anywho, I got home from work, was bored, 2 pm is too early to go to bed. So I decided to share. Yet again, no real update.

Life of a West Coaster.

eliz991
12-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Life of a West Coaster.

One more reason to be glad to live in the middle...we can adjust either way. :thumbsup2

jordanyosh
12-31-2009, 12:33 PM
One more reason to be glad to live in the middle...we can adjust either way. :thumbsup2

True dat.

wsdl1085
12-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Life of a West Coaster.

It's a tough life, but millions of people gotta do it!

Very true! Maybe I should be living in Texas still, then I'd only being losing an hour of sleep... Or maybe not. I like it too much out here.

wsdl1085
01-01-2010, 08:06 PM
So I decided a while ago I'd make a countdown calendar. Like when I was still way over 100 days away. But I put it off because I still had so long to go before we were set to leave, and I didn't want to stare at it everyday and have to think to myself that I still had so long before I could do anything with it. So what happened? I never made one.

I did get a few Mickey heads from the local Home Depot a while back to use for the calendar. This was before Jordan scared everyone into thinking they were doing away with them. Since then, at my Home Depot, they now have a Mickey head guard. I'm not kidding. He hovered over my friend and I as we looked at the paint cards this morning. We were there actually looking for colors to paint her new house, but getting some Mickey heads was part of my plan too. Needless to say, we didn't get anymore. I was too scared.

Getting back to the point, I made a faux countdown today. It's weak. I know.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m295/wsdl1085/IMG_1298.jpg?t=1262393634

I have this white board on my fridge that I post my work schedule on so my DBF has some clue about when we'll see each other. And it's color coded so he knows how likely I am to be home on time. Well, actually it's coded to show what exactly I'm supposed to be doing that day. Whichever.

I have Sunday off, so I may give it a try again. But probably not.

Blueyed Girl
01-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Don't know how I missed out on this PTR until now!:confused3

I'm here now. Hope we all get to see ya at WDW! :thumbsup2

wsdl1085
01-06-2010, 02:52 AM
Don't know how I missed out on this PTR until now!:confused3

Well, I'm no Jordan...

I'm here now. Hope we all get to see ya at WDW! :thumbsup2

I look forward to it!!:yay: I'll post a pic at some point so people know what to look for.

wsdl1085
01-08-2010, 09:52 PM
*sigh*

Yea, that's about all I can say. So we're changing our dining plans. It's been decided to do the QSDP instead of the DDP. I'll spare you the details, but basically, no one wants to be tied to a reservation time. I understand it, and sadly I think I'm to blame for the change. Oh well. We're still keeping our ADR for the Princess breakfast at Akershus though and just paying OOP for it. Plus, we'll get Falena's cast member discount on the meal, so it isn't like we're paying full price for it or anything. Anywho, Falena has never ever never done character dining before, and she wants to. Come to think of it, I'm sure Johnny hasn't either. And since this one was already set, why not? Again, it's a character meal we'll all enjoy. Jen, Falena and I love the Princesses. And Johnny, well he's a boy. We'll just leave it at that. ;)

My happy thought about it all is that the refillable mug is included in the QSDP, and isn't in the DDP. So now I don't have to pay OOP for a mug. lol It's all I've got.

On to the other Disney related news front... So, Disney has their own line of wedding gowns based on the princesses, right? Well, they'll be having a show at my local Costco showing the gowns right before I leave. So a group of us are going to ditch work/school and go have some fun!! I'm excited. It'll be the perfect thing two days before I go to WDW. Not that I need any help getting excited about the trip. It's gotten to the point at work that on a daily basis everyone asks me how many days I have left (It's 26 btw)

I've also come up with a gift for my friends up here that are busy being mad at me for not agreeing to stow them away in my suitcase. Well, it's a great gift for two of them anyways. Erica decided she wanted an autograph book filled with signatures. Well, that turned into a custom made book, with cut outs from the Cricut machine and pictures of the characters, and oh so much more. We spent our shift a couple of nights ago planning it all out. It'll be a surprise for the rest of the girls. Now I can only hope they're all as excited about them as Erica is.

winkers
01-08-2010, 09:56 PM
do you get to try on the dresses?
I've seen some pictures of them before and they're gorgeous!

Are you making 1 autograph book or several?

wsdl1085
01-08-2010, 10:08 PM
do you get to try on the dresses?
I've seen some pictures of them before and they're gorgeous!

I have no clue. But, just in case, we're all bringing cameras. I hope we don't have to show a ring as proof that we're getting married. Though I'm perfectly fine just trying on a bridesmaids dress if they'll let me.

Are you making 1 autograph book or several?

I think Erica and I decided four. We kinda went through the list of everyone, and other than her, there are only really two who we think would like one. That only adds to three you might say. Well, you are right. The fourth is for me of course!!

jordanyosh
01-08-2010, 10:08 PM
quick service also gets you 2 snack credits right?

wsdl1085
01-08-2010, 10:16 PM
quick service also gets you 2 snack credits right?

That's right, it does. 2 QS meals, 2 snacks and the mug.

jordanyosh
01-09-2010, 02:23 AM
That's right, it does. 2 QS meals, 2 snacks and the mug.

Still not a bad deal.

wsdl1085
01-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Still not a bad deal.

I know. And I'm all for it now. I realized they're right. I don't want to be standing in line for Soarin', only 20 minutes from getting on, but have to get out of line to go run across the park to Teppan Edo, run up a thousand stairs and find out we're already an hour late. :headache: Yea. At least I still have my Princess breakfast. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

wsdl1085
01-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Got my ME tag from Jen today. Along with a copy of all our ADR confirmations and a letter from her. Well, this has all been hanging out at the PO box for a week, but due to the location of the PO versus where our house is and where I work, I haven't been over there in a while. And trust me, there's a good reason we don't have mail delivered here. Mainly because we never would get anything. We've got some really bad mail service over here.

Anywho... Want some crazy news. I haven't done any shopping for the trip. As in nothing. I have quite a bit of travel stuff here already, plus my local Target condensed their travel section months ago, so there isn't much there anyways. As for clothes... I don't know. I'm a person who has what I have to wear for work, and spend most of the rest of my time at home in sweats or pj bottoms. I have jeans. Most of which are too big and totally torn up on the bottom as I'm short and tend not to get my pants hemmed. I have shirts. Though half of them are in support of local sports teams. Not that there is anything wrong with that, and I plan on wearing at least one of my Mariner ones to annoy Jen. Though, knowing her, she'll probably bring a Yankee shirt of her own.

Ugh, and shoes... I love heels. Like, if I could wear them to work, I would. But with my job, it's not practical. Nonetheless, I have quite the collection of heels.:lovestruc 2 pairs of flip flops. 1 pair of slippers. 2 pairs of sneakers. 1 of which is falling apart. So I really need a new pair of those too.

My problem is, I'm not interested in shopping. I don't know why. It's so unlike me. I'm the one who bought a whole new wardrobe to celebrate the beginning of baseball season last year. I'm not kidding. Maybe I'll get the shopping bug before I leave. Hopefully. I'd hate to wear the same outfit for 7 days. That'd be kinda gross. And I'd be sleeping out with the animals by day 3 I'm sure. I think I need to seek some professional help.

winkers
01-14-2010, 04:40 AM
You don't feel like shopping????

Get yourself to a doctor!!

My dh would die from shock if I ever told him that.:laughing:

just think of all the money you're saving that you can give to Disney!

wsdl1085
01-14-2010, 10:22 AM
You don't feel like shopping????

Get yourself to a doctor!!

My dh would die from shock if I ever told him that.:laughing:

just think of all the money you're saving that you can give to Disney!

lol I know. My DBF came over and felt my forehead when I told him this. He was assuming I'd spend all the money I could come up with buying Disney stuff before the trip, and be broke for the trip itself.

wsdl1085
01-21-2010, 02:21 AM
So I was going to write an update this morning before I went to work since I knew I would be home late. But I did not. I did not even think about it before work. I did think about it about 10 minutes after I got to work. But, too late at that point. Oh well. Luckily, it is still today here. And today is 14 days, 2 weeks, until I will be at WDW with my two bestest friends having the time of our lives. Well, it is still 14 days for me. But not for those of you who are already in tomorrow. Which is today for you. And today is yesterday. So tomorrow for me will no longer be today. Huh? I think I have just confused myself. I should not try to do these things this late. I probably should not attempt this at all.

Anywho, getting back to the point... TWO WEEKS!! I have annoyingly been updating my facebook status every day to show how many days I have left. Today my uncle told me to quit bragging. I told him to hold on because it will most likely just get worse. I have definitely gotten to the point that I am sure I am annoying absolutely everyone. One of my friends at work said she hated me today because I get to go. Apparently, she has never been outside the northwest. Maybe I will get her to come along next time we go. But if I brought her, then there would be another friend I would totally have to bring too. And another one who would feel that she was entitled to go. Next thing I know there are 50 people I work with on the way to WDW. Sooooooo not into that.

I am horrible at staying on point today. Well, every day really. So I did a little shopping. Like a little little. I bought two long sleeve shirts, Disney Princess band aids (come on, regular ones do not work at WDW), some travel size laundry soap, and lastly some ponchos on clearance at Target. I feel like such a failure in that department. But, I do have some travel stuff from my trip to California last April that I plan on using. Oh, and I have started packing. So has Jen. I am a little worried about all that stuff I'm going to be bringing. Luckily, some of it is presents for Jen and Falena, so I will not have to deal with lugging it home with me at the end. And, I am not planning on buying much stuff. There are a couple of presents for some people up here, my MM ears, and maybe one or two other things. So I can not justify bringing an extra bag “just in case”. If I do end up going crazy, I will just ship it home.

So, because I am lame like that, I plan on doing a “one week from now” kind of thing starting next Wednesday. And I will probably give some general info on Tuesday. What else am I supposed to do with the week before I leave? I took it off work to use up some extra “use it or lose it” PTO I have. Only four more days of actually going to work left!! I also am planning on cleaning my house before I leave. Though, I am not sure why as my DBF is not going on the trip and the house will be a crazy mess again by the time I get home. Oh well, it will make me feel better. Right?

I am totally rambling at this point. I apologize. I am tired without being sleepy. So, I am a little off. Off Kilter. Like the band. At EPCOT. Which is in WDW. Which is where I will be in two weeks. WOOHOO!!

jordanyosh
01-21-2010, 02:32 AM
focus!;)

did you have 3 red bulls?

wsdl1085
01-21-2010, 03:39 AM
focus!;)

did you have 3 red bulls?

lol I had nothing!! Well, I had coke (as in coca cola peoples) earlier, like around 5ish, but that should not have had that sort of effect on me!!

englishrose47
01-22-2010, 07:19 PM
lol I had nothing!! Well, I had coke (as in coca cola peoples) earlier, like around 5ish, but that should not have had that sort of effect on me!!

Are you going somewhere ??????:lmao::lmao::lmao:

wsdl1085
01-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Are you going somewhere ??????:lmao::lmao::lmao:

lol nope, I'm not going anywhere at all :rolleyes1

wsdl1085
01-27-2010, 03:27 PM
So I am down to a week!! How exciting!! And how crazy. Now that it is here, I wish I had more time. What a horrible thought, eh? Well, not really. I, following in the tradition of many of you, am sick. Like, I woke up this morning wishing I could just go bury myself in a hole for a while. A long while. I was in bed at 10 last night, and didn't get out of bed till 10:30 this morning. And here it is, 12:30, and I'm ready to go back to bed. And after I take some meds, I will be. When it rains it pours I guess.

On to happier stuff... I did a little more shopping. I bought 3 shirts from Old Navy (their clearance btw is an additional 50% through Thurs) and found in the dollar bins at Michaels tubes of glow sticks. 15 bracelet ones per tube or something like that. I did buy a lot more. But it was all scrapbooking items, so it does not really count. Though they are for the scrapbook I will be doing on my trip when I get home, so I guess they really do count. Whichever whatever.

So one week from today Jen, Falena, Johnny and I will be arriving, though at all different times. Falena and Johnny will arrive around 4:30, my flight is scheduled to arrive at 5:10, and Jen's was pushed back to 6:30ish. We will all meet up at MCO and ride the ME together to AKV. I'm excited. After we get checked in, whenever that is, we are planning on going over to DTD for a few hours, grab some food, walk around, talk about what has been going on with us all, that sort of stuff. Then, we will head back to the resort, and either will be too excited to sleep, or else will all crash from pure exhaustion. I want to explore the resort a little. So, depending on everyone else's level of tiredness, I may be on my own there. Thus ends our “first” day. Really, our trip would not have even begun yet!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I'm just a little excited ;)

wsdl1085
02-01-2010, 02:11 AM
So somehow the last week has gotten away from me. I'm not sure how either. I leave in two days. Well, two and a half, but I round down. I've still got a little packing to do. Things I forgot when I had everything packed last week. It still seems surreal that three days from now, I'll be asleep in Florida. Well, hopefully asleep. I am planning on living on caffeine for the next week, who can sleep at WDW?!

So, because I've failed on this already, I'm just going to list what our plans are for the trip. I know this will probably all fall apart once we're there, but, it's a post at least.

Wed, Feb 3rd
Arrival Day
We're getting there late-ish. I am hoping we will get checked in by 8pm and then we will be heading to DTD. We may eat there, we may not. It depends on how everyone is feeling. Then back to the resort, catching up, checking everything out, taking tons of pictures, and maybe getting to bed.

Thurs, Feb 4th
Hollywood Studios Day
I want to get to each park for rope drop. Again, this is a we will see what happens thing. It's DHS day simply because of Fantasmic. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the show, and am happy that they added a second show. Though I know this is because of the crowds. Who knew the Super Bowl would be played in Florida. If I did, we may have gone a week earlier. Because Falena is signing us in, we didn't know when we started planning if WDW is like DLR in that we can park hop, so we wanted to have DHS as our park for Fantasmic JIC. And we were too lazy to change this. Anywho, now we know we can park hop for sure, so... Whatever.

Fri, Feb 5th
Animal Kingdom Day
Not much to say here. After AK, we may go hang at DTD, skip to another park, just spend time at our resort, go check out another resort... I will leave that up to them to figure out. Maybe.

Sat, Feb 6th
Magic Kingdom Day
Ropedrop. Fantasyland. I want to meet Tink. Fireworks. Spectromagic. Classic Disney characters. Loves it!!

Sun, Feb 7th
EPCOT Day
I love the World Showcase. We will get there early I am hoping, do Future World rather quickly, then spend some quality time traveling the world. And having a few drinks. A few :thumbsup2

Mon, Feb 8th
Do What You Wish Day
Falena and Johnny as of right now plan on heading to Gator World or whatever that place is called. I am not. And I don't believe Jen is either. I want to go hang at EPCOT or MK this day. Maybe both. Falena is bringing her comp tickets that she's been hording from herself and her mom (who works at DLR as well) so we have those to run around with too. I don't know much about the Gator World/Land place, so I don't know their hours or when Falena or Johnny think they will be getting back, so who knows if they might be meeting us at one of the parks later.

Tues, Feb 9th
Departure Day
All of our flights leave around 6 or 6:30 I want to say. I honestly can't remember, and can't find the email that states this info. I know mine leaves at 6:30, so we'll go with that. So we do have the morning to do some stuff if we want. Maybe explore the resort some more or go to DTD again for some last minute shopping. Then we abandon each other again. Hopefully it won't take another 5 1/2 years for us to get together again. Maybe I can talk them into making this a yearly thing. That means Jen's parents agreeing to letting us use their points and Falena never quitting Disney so I don't have to pay for admission. Or else I could win the lotto. I'll take either. ;)

So yea, that is what is going on. 63 hours and counting till I get to see my two bestest friends again!! YAY!!

eliz991
02-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Sounds like a great itinerary - have a fabulous trip!

wsdl1085
02-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Sounds like a great itinerary - have a fabulous trip!

Thanks!! You as well since you're arriving there the day I get back :)

wsdl1085
02-03-2010, 01:26 AM
12 hours from now I will be high in the air... I can not believe it. I mean, it seems like only yesterday I was excited because I was at 99 days, double digits, no more three digit counts for me! And now... YAY! I'm excited again. I lost my excitement for a while. I think it was just stress. Life has been... Stressful. But we are not going to think about that! We're thinking about how I will be at WDW TOMORROW! Like, less than 24 hours from now! I just want my plane to land at MCO already. I hate flying, and spending 5 ˝ hours on a plane, by myself (not really by myself of course, but I won't know anyone else on the flight) is not a good way to keep me calm. Luckily, there is stuff I can take to calm me down so I don't have a complete panic attack.

Anywho... No real update here. Just me, excited, unable to sleep. Which will probably be true all night. Though I find this to be an ok thing, because I'm hoping that means I will sleep on the plane (ha) I am off to try anyways now!! See ya when I get back!!

jordanyosh
02-03-2010, 01:34 AM
Have a great time. I'll be at MK on Sat and Epcot on Sunday

wsdl1085
02-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Have a great time. I'll be at MK on Sat and Epcot on Sunday

Thank you! And you too of course!

Winkers and I exchanged info and so I might meet up with you all at some point. Depends on how the rest of my group is feeling.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

jordanyosh
02-03-2010, 01:43 AM
Thank you! And you too of course!

Winkers and I exchanged info and so I might meet up with you all at some point. Depends on how the rest of my group is feeling.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

cool!!!!!!

wsdl1085
02-03-2010, 01:46 AM
cool!!!!!!

That's what I said. I'm excited to meet the cool group :goodvibes

Dis_Yoda
02-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Have a great trip!

Maybe I'll see you around.

TnkrBoo
02-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Where's your trip report? I'm waiting eagerly, yet patiently. :goodvibes

wsdl1085
02-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Where's your trip report? I'm waiting eagerly, yet patiently. :goodvibes

It is sitting in my head... This is what happens when 6 hours after my flight gets in I have to be at work. Maybe tomorrow after work. Or can you not wait that long. And what are you doing here on your birthday? You should be out doing something right now girl!