PDA

View Full Version : If you need to cancel esta ?

mackay_j
11-25-2009, 07:29 AM
Our trip is still a bit up in air at the moment, My mums back in hospital:sad1:
Not sure what our insures are going to say- we already canceled a trip to mexico in oct because my eldest took very ill and was in hospital for 31/2 weeks:confused3. Not the best of times for us at the moment. But my qusetion is about the esta do I need to do anything if I cancel the trip. I ahven't filled it in yet and I am holding off until the end of this week as we may know more about whats happing with my mum by then.

Also not looking forward to telling the girls that our holiday is off again! they will be very good about it, but I know how disappointed they are going to be. Also not sure what will happen re insurance for all the things I have booked like park tickets (flex had to be activated by dec31) and discovery cove.

wayneg
11-25-2009, 07:51 AM
You don't need to do anything, they are valid for 2 years if you re-arrange, if not they will just expire.

2Tiggies
11-25-2009, 08:51 AM
I don't have advice. I just want to say that I hope your Mum is okay and that she makes a good recovery so that you don't have to cancel. Here's hoping that your up-in-the-air trip lands right back on schdule for you! :goodvibes

natalielongstaff
11-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Hope your mum is ok :hug:

eyoreaud
11-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Our trip is still a bit up in air at the moment, My mums back in hospital:sad1:
Not sure what our insures are going to say- we already canceled a trip to mexico in oct because my eldest took very ill and was in hospital for 31/2 weeks:confused3. Not the best of times for us at the moment. But my qusetion is about the esta do I need to do anything if I cancel the trip. I ahven't filled it in yet and I am holding off until the end of this week as we may know more about whats happing with my mum by then.

Also not looking forward to telling the girls that our holiday is off again! they will be very good about it, but I know how disappointed they are going to be. Also not sure what will happen re insurance for all the things I have booked like park tickets (flex had to be activated by dec31) and discovery cove.
I would still fill in your esta forms as they last for 2years and you will have to pay $10 in January next year.

We had to cancel this year because i had to get an operation. Check your insurance policy to see if you are covered for park tickets. We were booked to do DC as well through Virgin. Virgin would not refund or change our booking for DC, but when we phoned DC direct they said that we will be able to change our dates under the circumstances.:thumbsup2 Now we are booked to go on the 14th December :cool1::cool1: