View Full Version : Anyone worried about not finding reasonable flights for August

11-24-2009, 01:28 PM
I am beginning to wish I booked Continental at 650 now. Paid 500 last year miles and money on Virgin but nothing as good as that so far this year. I leave on Saturday for 2 weeks so just know something will come up whilst I am away and will probably miss it.
Really want to book SSR again but can't bring myself to pay the crazy flight price. Flights on Saturday cost me less that 500 for 3 using airmiles, hence the extra trip.

11-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Can you not go beginning of September?

We have booked 2nd September - 12th September with Virgin plus miles 414 each and staying at SSR.

I am not good at knowing when the prices might be better - I just booked in September to get the best price for us:thumbsup2

11-24-2009, 02:36 PM
More bothered about Easter just now. For August I sometimes don't book until Xmas time. I remember August 08 I booked Xmas Day morning.
We have made our mind up and going Easter now but can't get anything under 500ish, 481 is best I just found indirect into Tampa. Never paid more than about 350 for Easter.
Hope I don't regret turning down Miami in August for 400 last week.

11-24-2009, 02:40 PM
I considered the Miami option but my husband and I would have probably strangled each other on the drive to Orlando. Just not confident to drive that far. I know I would have got completely lost.

11-24-2009, 02:49 PM
its a straight road! i understand the killing the other hal;f bit though!!
we are staying overnight in fort lauderdale to break up journey the night before we book into ssr, so kids can recover from journey and not arrive at wdw drained like we did last time. should arrive at wdw 12ish, so we can either do a park or dtd, or more likely one of the waterparks, they can get that out of their system, i think thats the only reason they want to go, lol!!
bring on TL!!

11-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Hmm I have a feeling our flights next Oct won't be as cheap this time. Last year we paid 400 each VA direct to MIA. It's too early for anything much but BA is showing 513 at the moment. Hopefully there'll be a sale at some point. I normally book for Oct in about January though, but now I know we already want to go it'll be hard not booking something if a half-decent price comes up...

11-25-2009, 09:25 AM
I am trying to get flights for May and October but the sales so far have only been upto 31 March - hoping for a decent sale at xmas. Just hoping I don't have to book all the flights at once :goodvibes

11-25-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm exactly the same as you, want SSR again but want to book flights first, yesterday started wishing I'd booked Continental flights even pondered on the Miami flights but did'nt want to travel so far at each end. Hopefully something will come up soon.

11-26-2009, 04:29 AM
We were in the same boat as well. Like Wayne, I was going to wait until Christmas day hoping for a bargain, but when AA had their sale on, we decided to take the plunge and fly LHR - MIA rather than from Manchester for a shade over 400 each. At least we know we have the flights booked by now so can hopefully have alie-in on Christmas day morning.

I'll just have to resist the temptation to check prices from Manchester now!!