PDA

View Full Version : Ooops,I booked again,by accident,truthfully..

stitchaholic
11-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Welcome to my first PTR on the DIS :welcome:

Let me tell you a little about us and how this accidental trip came to be...

First, introductions...

this is me,single mom ,39 years old, work in sales and operations in the transport industry, I am also a soccer coach for my daughter's u-11F competative soccer team, I don't have too much time to myself to socialize,so i really look forward to my trips, even if this one was not supposed to happen, this was supposed to be my year to catch up, but i like to live a little, i think i deserve it, there, justified ;)

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/023.jpg

stitchaholic
11-22-2009, 02:11 PM
http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/034.jpg

this is DD,she is 10 years old,and is looking quite angelic in this photo,don't judge a book by it's cover, she loves our trips to disney,but feels like her mother is a little disney obsessed ,she loves soccer,horseback riding and baby animals

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/024.jpg

this is DS, he is 8 years old,also looking angelic, he has ADHD/ODD and can be difficult,but he is also quite a character and can be alot of fun to be with most of the time,sometimes,not so much :scared1:

stitchaholic
11-22-2009, 02:35 PM
this trip is the trip that was not supposed to be, it all started when I was starting to miss disney,and decided to convince my sister,her family and my parents to do a trip to disney in dec 2010 at our dream resort, AKL.
everyone was up for it,however I am the only disney obsessed family member,so of course I started planning right away,getting prices,and scouring the boards, again. This is how the trouble started...I was going through some stressful changes where my job was concerned,I was leaving my buisiness partner to go back to the family buisiness to help out,I was happy ,unhappy and stressed about it all at once,so I emersed myself into the planning of the trip in order to not think about anything else, and then it happened, I discovered DIS :disrocks: ,I was posting elsewhere for a few years,but i wanted to check into pricing DVC points for the trip,and low and behold, the DIS had a thread especially for this.
I started lurking, enjoying the almost auction like process to getting points at a great price, until a feeling so strong came over me that i felt like I couldn't breathe,a longing like a first forbidden crush, I needed the Magic,I needed it NOW !
I could not find the self control to not click on the reply to post,before I knew it,I was pulled in to the bidding war, but it would be ok,because there were so may replies I was sure that the points were long gone,but still,I secretly wished for that not to be true.

stitchaholic
11-22-2009, 03:09 PM
:surfweb: I was completely unable to pull myself from the rental boards, I finally did, but i felt like a junkie,A MOUSEJUNKIE,LOL, desire overtaking reason, I don't think that i need to go into further desciption here,I know you all know exactly how I felt :hug:
The next morning, I woke with dark circles under my eyes,made a coffee and switched on the laptop before the little angels woke.
Logged on to DIS ,what a PM for me :goodvibes, points are available for my dates :laughing: ,the renter would call DVC for me today to see what was available ,WLV was available :woohoo: OH YEAH, that will do just fine :cool1:
Before I knew it, the contract was signed and the first paypal payment was made, let the planning begin :yay:

kaffinito
11-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Great PTR!

I love to meet other people who "accidentally" book trips like me.... :goodvibes

stitchaholic
11-22-2009, 07:13 PM
welcome to my report Kaff ,I knew I couldn't be the only one who accidentally books trips on these boards ;)

brittanyherndon
11-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Great job but what dates are you going, and have you told your kids yet

stitchaholic
11-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Great job but what dates are you going, and have you told your kids yet

we are going jan 2-9th,and I told my kids,I cannot keep these kind of secrets :confused3, plus I like to get them involved in the planning.

brittanyherndon
11-22-2009, 07:41 PM
we are going jan 2-9th,and I told my kids,I cannot keep these kind of secrets :confused3, plus I like to get them involved in the planning.

r they geting excited yet

stitchaholic
11-22-2009, 07:52 PM
So the first decision would be travel, how could I make this accidental trip a wee bit cheaper, I will drive ,what a fantastic idea,I take a 26 hour drive alone with 2 children, what an adventure that will be :lmao:.
I did eventually come to my senses and started the 5 day airline marathon, checking for the cheapest flights, no southwest out of montreal, so i check Airtran out of Burlington VT, no flights, no great prices either.
I had a brilliant suggestion from one of my dis friends to check flights out of Manchester NH, I got a great deal on a direct flight with southwest, we arrive at MCO at 10:30AM, and leave MCO at 8:30PM, perfect! :cool1:
Our vacation will officially start on Jan 1st, when we leave for NH, we will stay at the holiday inn at the airport, Happy New Year :cheer2:
next installement ADR's...

stitchaholic
11-22-2009, 07:56 PM
r they geting excited yet

They are totally excited,I just got them advent calendars, not to countdown Christmas and New Year, but to count down our trip , seriously :rotfl2:

brittanyherndon
11-22-2009, 08:04 PM
They are totally excited,I just got them advent calendars, not to countdown Christmas and New Year, but to count down our trip , seriously :rotfl2:

Wow that is Great

tinkerbellmichelle
11-23-2009, 11:14 AM
We're there Jan. 3 - 8 and are so excited. We did the same week last year (Jan. 3 - 9) and it was SO nice. The weather was gorgeous and the lines were short.

stitchaholic
11-23-2009, 03:38 PM
We're there Jan. 3 - 8 and are so excited. We did the same week last year (Jan. 3 - 9) and it was SO nice. The weather was gorgeous and the lines were short

This will be our 3rd january in a row,I love it at this time,although we were never able to catch the osbourne lights before,so i am excited to be able to do that this time

stitchaholic
11-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Our first year there as a family,I wanted to please my little angels:angel: with alot of character dining, the second year I wanted to try some of the hyped restaurants and more character meals,but this time around I set some rules, we were going to try only places that we have not tried yet :snooty:
We had already done the 2 dinner shows,so that was out of the question, that was ok as it just left open another TS.
I was 1 week to ADR day ,scouring menus on allears, constantly lurking on the dinning threads, I had finally come up with our ADR's ,they looked like this;
arrival day- no ADR,planning on going to HS for osborne lights
jan 3rd-whispering canyon breakfast- garden grill dinner
jan 4th-kona breakfast- boma dinner
jan 5th-Cape may breakfast
jan 6th-le cellier dinner
jan 7th-mama melrose fantasmic package
jan 8th-T-rex lunch

the night before ADR day,I tossed and turned, worried that I would not wake up in time to get all my ressies , finally 6am comes and I am on the phone,just to find out that they would not be open for another hour,I called back and got all my desired reservations :dance3: I was ecstatic and had to get on the january snowbird thread to announce my luck!
after the initial high wore off ,I started checking out the dinning reports with photo's :rolleyes1 probably not a good idea at this point, being as I had gotten all that I wished for.
Ya see, I like to go on chat once in awhile, and sometimes I speak with some of the experts on there, wigdoutdismom had casually mentioned her TR, so I went and checked it out, great TR, but the best part was the picture of the 1900 parc fare sticky buns, those buns got me thinking about things ,oh the pondering I would do...

*~PrincessBelle~*
11-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Great start on your PTR!! That's so excited that your staying at WLV...me and DFi are staying at WL for our honeymoon in Sept.

Curious about you renting DVC points...did you find it cheaper renting points from someone than making a ressie through disney.com?

If you've never done Wispering Canyon you will LOVE it ... I had lunch there last year and it was such a riot! It was a great time and awesome food (hopefully the breakfast fare is as good as lunch!)

stitchaholic
11-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Curious about you renting DVC points...did you find it cheaper renting points from someone than making a ressie through disney.com?

if you can find cheap points,it is definitly worth it,I paid 8.50 per point, depending on the season,you can check through the points calculator on this site whether it would be worth it for you,the points calculator will tell you how many points you would need to stay at each resort on the days you need,also depending on the size of the villa

If you've never done Wispering Canyon you will LOVE it ... I had lunch there last year and it was such a riot! It was a great time and awesome food (hopefully the breakfast fare is as good as lunch!)

I have never done WCC before,and am looking forward to the antics, but we will no longer be having breakfast there, having access to online ADR's definitly has caused me to think and rethink my first ADR's :rolleyes1 ,so now it will be lunchon arrival day instead, as you know, we will be having dessert for dinner :cloud9:

stitchaholic
11-23-2009, 07:40 PM
I really wanted to try the online dinning system, but it just would not work for me, not until after I booked my ADR's by telephone (not too sure if this was because my reservation was under my renters name) but after, it was happy to let me in to play :banana: , so I did,I was thinkin about those sticky buns from parc fare coupled with how I would love to see my son squirm under the attention of the stepsisters,mary poppins and the mad hatter:rolleyes:
I also started thinking that WCC would be more fun dinner time, and tepan edo looked like a fun experience coupled with good food,and some forced adult company pirate:
so jan 3rd changed to supercalifrigilistic breakfast and tepan edo dinner, and WCC was changed to a dinner on jan 5th, there that should do it right ??:confused3

*~PrincessBelle~*
11-23-2009, 07:45 PM
I really wanted to try the online dinning system, but it just would not work for me, not until after I booked my ADR's by telephone (not too sure if this was because my reservation was under my renters name) but after, it was happy to let me in to play :banana: , so I did,I was thinkin about those sticky buns from parc fare coupled with how I would love to see my son squirm under the attention of the stepsisters,mary poppins and the mad hatter:rolleyes:
I also started thinking that WCC would be more fun dinner time, and tepan edo looked like a fun experience coupled with good food,and some forced adult company pirate:
so jan 3rd changed to supercalifrigilistic breakfast and tepan edo dinner, and WCC was changed to a dinner on jan 5th, there that should do it right ??:confused3

Ahhh yes but Stitchaholic you are now under the control of the online ressie system...your hooked from your first click onwards :rotfl: It's funny how far mine have come from the first round of ressie's made till now...not even close LOL and btw WCC for lunch and desserts for dinner? Sounds like heaven to me!

stitchaholic
11-23-2009, 08:00 PM
here are some highlights from our past trips

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/031.jpg

this is when i forced my kids on TOT,I was not being mean, they are daredevil coaster lovers, just scared of this one, they love it know, but can't you just smell their fear ?:scared1:

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/disney203.jpg

doesn't everybody have a picture with this guy ?

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/disney160.jpg
um, is this what the futurelooks like??

stitchaholic
11-23-2009, 08:23 PM
http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/disney2009142.jpg

too funny, my DS was making faces because there was way too much kissing in HDDMR for him, he was oblivious to the CM behind him

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/disney2009124.jpg

the pure joy of the pattisery de france strawberry tart

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/disney2009125.jpg
oh,no, not sharing,mine all mine!

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/disney2009126.jpg
good to the last crumb !

stitchaholic
11-23-2009, 08:34 PM
A few more dinning reviews had me thinking about the dessert party, I did some reserch,and much to my surprise the dates had been extended,wow, that would be a great way to kick off the trip !
I got on the phone, but there was no availability :sad2:
So what do I do when I am sad ? I vent on DIS, and I sent out the call on the dinning board, begging for tickets, because once I have a thought,I have a hard time letting go of it until I get what I want, or get into trouble trying :cool2: ,I got a reply to my e-mail by a fellow canadian,that she has been trying to get a solo ticket for the last month,and had not been able to snag one :eek: I was alarmed, but then I came to the conclusion that they may be trying to stuff as many tables as possible ,and 3 people would leave 1 seat empty, one person would leave 3 seats empty, why don;t we try and get a table for 4, well it was a brilliant plan ! I am so happy to say that we will be celebrating our arrival and princess belle's birthday at the wishes dessert party :banana::banana::banana:
this just brought about more changes to the ADR's, I changed my WCC to a lunch on arrival day, so that we would have some real food in us, before we ate dessert for dinner :yay:
after those changes were made,I looked over the park hours for the week we were there, and more choices and dilema's presented themselves :confused3

kaffinito
11-25-2009, 11:07 PM

That's too cool! :lmao:

I might have to do that for my DHDH (Disney Hating DH) but then he'd surely never speak to me again. :laughing:

Now that one sounded good to me - I was bummed to hear later on down below that you changed WCC back to lunch. The antics happen at dinner, and some nights are more "wild" than others! (The food's good too!) :)

I am so happy to say that we will be celebrating our arrival and princess belle's birthday at the wishes dessert party :banana::banana::banana:
this just brought about more changes to the ADR's, I changed my WCC to a lunch on arrival day, so that we would have some real food in us, before we ate dessert for dinner :yay:
after those changes were made,I looked over the park hours for the week we were there, and more choices and dilema's presented themselves :confused3

That is truly brilliant thinking on your part :worship: I think you have just discovered a way for some of the rest of us to score those tickets by getting larger groups! :yay:

I am dismayed to hear that you'll arrive the day we leave though - would have been nice to bump into you!

stitchaholic
11-26-2009, 05:52 AM
Now that one sounded good to me - I was bummed to hear later on down below that you changed WCC back to lunch. The antics happen at dinner, and some nights are more "wild" than others! (The food's good too!)

OH NO! you have raised the second thought voices in my head,I had thought that they did all the same things at lunchtime ,look for changes in the near future.
that is really too bad you are leaving on our arrival day :sad2:

kaffinito
11-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Maybe you could do a late lunch/early dinner? I've even done walk ups there and gotten in. ;)

Also, according to all ears they do do the same stuff at lunch that they do at dinner. Maybe we were just there on an off day? I'll double check on the Restaurants board for you. :)

Edit: So I did a quick search on the restaurants board and others said it's more quiet at lunch than at dinner.

janjandis
11-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Got here as soon as I could Stitch!

stitchaholic
11-26-2009, 08:26 PM
aww,thanks Jan,I feel encouraged to keep going now!

stitchaholic
11-27-2009, 05:20 AM
As I was checking through the parc hours,I noticed that AK would have 1 EMH while we were there, the problem with this is that it is the same nights as my Le Cellier ressie, I would love to see AK at night, however we have never tried Le Cellier and there are no reservations to be had for the rest of the week,i tried lunch and supper on all other available days, it is just too late :confused: what would you do AK at night ,or Le Cellier ?
If we cancel LC ,we will probably book yak & yeti,but that would be a rule breaker as we did this one last year,I did want to give it another shot,I ordered the crispy honey chicken, and it was disgusting, chicken nuggets with sauce.

stitchaholic
11-27-2009, 05:23 AM
I added in a Kona Cafe dinner on Jan 5th !I now officially have too many ADR's

*~PrincessBelle~*
11-27-2009, 03:53 PM
I added in a Kona Cafe dinner on Jan 5th !I now officially have too many ADR's

Have you eaten there before? My flight got changed on my arrival day and im arriving at 9:15 am now :banana: Thinking about Kona for a lunch ressie...but never been before

stitchaholic
11-27-2009, 06:36 PM
I haven't eaten there before,but it looks good,I don't think you get that yummy bread at lunchtime though,only at supper

kaffinito
11-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Kona Cafe is one of my favs! :goodvibes

Personally I'd keep LC and skip AK at night. All of the animal stuff is closed down like the Safari and the trails, so there isn't much to do except ride the rides and shop. (Which isn't all bad either! :))

Yak and Yeti is good too - I love the duck dinner you can get there. Very tasty.

What else do you have planned? Are you going to DHS to see the Osborne Lights?

stitchaholic
12-01-2009, 06:38 PM
on our first day, we plan on touring the resort,unpacking and maybe hang out at the pool a little (I am hoping it is warmer than last january), then we will head over to MK,ride a few rides and go meet princessbelle for the desert party:banana::banana:
the next day is looking like an epcot day,and an MGM night,I cannot wait to see those lights :3dglasses ,and ride TOT at night :scared1:

stitchaholic
12-12-2009, 03:19 PM
so last week on chat I found out about DISigns, well I got right to work with the help of a fabulous DISigner (tebi) I made several t-shirts for our trip :laundy:

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/DSC_0333.jpg

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/DSC_0334.jpg

stitchaholic
12-12-2009, 03:20 PM
http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/DSC_0335.jpg

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/DSC_0336.jpg

stitchaholic
12-12-2009, 03:22 PM
and more...

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/DSC_0337.jpg

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/DSC_0338.jpg

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/DSC_0339.jpg

stitchaholic
12-12-2009, 03:24 PM
and last..um ,maybe ,for now...

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/stitchaholic/DSC_0341.jpg

this is on the back of the shirt

Lizziejane
12-13-2009, 11:06 AM
LOL...I booked by accident...!! I LOVE it...I wonder if I could ever pull that one off with my DH, "sorry hun, I booked it by accident!"

Having said that, we too are renting points, so I totally understand how easy it is to get caught up in the challenge of nabbing a deal. And I've added to our ADR's at least 5 times!! Seriously, one of these days I have to sit down and un-do the mess I've created!

I love the "resistance is futile" - so true!

pipersmom
12-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Very cool PTR, I'm a single mom planning a trip as well, surprising my dd with the dates at Christmas! I'm looking forward to the two of us planning things out together. It's awesome that you've gotten the ADRs you want, and will get to see the lights this year, I bet the kids will love them! Looking forward to following along...

stitchaholic
12-13-2009, 12:45 PM
LOL...I booked by accident...!! I LOVE it...I wonder if I could ever pull that one off with my DH, "sorry hun, I booked it by accident!"

Having said that, we too are renting points, so I totally understand how easy it is to get caught up in the challenge of nabbing a deal. And I've added to our ADR's at least 5 times!! Seriously, one of these days I have to sit down and un-do the mess I've created!

my problem is that i have no one but myself to answer to,or hold me back, that freedom is exhilirating, but dangerous :laughing:
I am just going over my ADR's again now, I will have to drop a couple and i am agonizing about which ones, today will be the day,I am a libra and have a hard time with decisions :confused3 , now I have chef de france running through my brain also, I can't help thinking that the kids may enjoy that food more than tepan edo

Very cool PTR, I'm a single mom planning a trip as well, surprising my dd with the dates at Christmas! I'm looking forward to the two of us planning things out together. It's awesome that you've gotten the ADRs you want, and will get to see the lights this year, I bet the kids will love them! Looking forward to following along...

what an awesome x-mas present, your so strong being able to keep the surprise ! we started a single parent thread on tjhe family board, you should hop over and check it out
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2317080
welcome to my disorganized PTR :grouphug:

stitchaholic
12-13-2009, 02:00 PM
so looking at my plans,ADR;s ans EMH's, I think that I will cancel Tepan Edo, we were going to see the osborne lights on jan 2nd, but now we have the desert party schedualed, we will have to shcedual the lights on jan 3rd, the 4th is the last day and we have ressies at Boma on the 4th, well at least one easy peasy decision is made for me, whew.
So we arrive on january 2nd at MCO at 10:30am, we will get to the resort check it out a liitle, grab luch at WCC, and since I am doing warm weather prayers,I am sure it will be swimming weather so we can go swimming,then get ready to head over to MK to meet princess belle for the desert party:banana:, we will have to getn some rides in first or DS will not be content, even knowing he will be having his dream supper ;)

jan 3rd we start off with breakfast with the mad hatter at 1900 park fair, then we will head over to MK for the morning, we like to get in pool time in the afternoons, then make our way to DHS for the lights.

january 4th we will go over to the Kona cafe for breakfast and then over to AK for the day, we love this park, we tend to ride EE many times in a row,it's easy to do in january, and my kids don't ming doing the single rider line, but an absolute must this time will be the lion king show and nemo, we have never done either and that will change this trip!
I am dissapointed because i heard that the chai freeze lattes have changed,I was really looking forward to it,I will still try it and hope for the best.
when we have had enough,we will head over to AKL and check out the surroundings then head over to Boma for our dinner ressie

jan 5th we will be having breakfast over at the beach club with mickey,minnie and goofy at cape may, then we will hop over to epcot and do future world.
we have dinner at Kona that night and then maybe DD or a night at the hotel and beach, my plans are not that tight, we like to play some things by ear,see what we will feel like doing

jan 6th will also be one of those play it by ear day, but we have le cellier ressie that evening and it will definitly be a world showcase evening, I love WS and am looking forward to this night
aaaahh, another decision made, I will forgo the EMH at AK and cancel Y & Y in order to keep my LC ressie and enjoy a WS evening :cloud9: thanks for listening guys, I am getting somewhere today!

jan 7th- today is the day we move to SSR until the end of our stay, so we will go check it out, get settled and head over to DHS, we have mama melrose fantasmic package booked

jan 8th- not sure, we have lunch ressie at T-Rex, but i would like to get a later ressie because it is really in the mioddle of the day, there was no other times available on the online reservation, I will call when i get there.

jan 9th=:sad1: last day, we try and do all of our favorite things, our flight leaves at 6pm so we will have some time.

wigdoutdismom
12-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Love the shirts! Joining in!

kathyell
12-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Love the shirts, excited to hear about the trip and more of your planning! :)

stitchaholic
12-21-2009, 07:22 PM
well,i've done it again,looking at too much food porn,and serious contemplation on what would be more peaceful for me with my DS.
i will probably cancel WCC so that I can save a ressie at donalds safari breakfast on our last day(yeah,i made it already,just haven't canceled WCC yet) and although I really want to eat at Kona for supper,I also want to try the clambake at cape may, and since i am planning on being at epcot that day,and a buffet is more kid friendly=peacful meal,i will cancel my kona ADR and make one at cape may (yes,i made this one too)
another little bit of exctement is that last january at CSR,my kids made a friend at the pool,and have been pen pals since,turns out they will be back at CSR again on the same dates as our trip, we will be meeting them for a swim and a drink.

stitchaholic
12-28-2009, 10:28 AM
So here I am 5 sleeps away from disney,I am packing and doing laundry today,I have to work tiesday,wednesday and half of thursday.
I could not bring myself to cancel Kona for dinner,so I still have too many ADR's,maybe we will do it OOP,there are a few apps I would like and some sushi anyway,does not fit into the dining plan.
I did my online check in today,it went smooth and easy :rolleyes1,I am seriously hoping my ME shows up,my renter has spoken with disney ast least 4 times in the last 3 weeks,but I will not let that get me down,what's the worst that can happen,I will have to get my own luggage ? I can handle that;)
We leave for manchester on jan 1st,in 4 sleeps :woohoo:,I just can't beleive my trip is so close now! I hate having the before you know it,it will be over feeling,but I do,then it's back to every day boring ol routine.

*Seanaci*
12-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Love the title...it's what drew me in!

Can't wait to hear about your trip once you get back. Enjoy yourselves!

stitchaholic
12-31-2009, 05:23 AM
welcome to my PTR ! it should get more excoting on my return, right now i am struggling with trying to decide to pay extra to print out boarding passes before my 24 hour slot, not a problem for the way down,but kind of a pain for the way back.