PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Gatwick Clubhouse opening early!

Obi Wan Kenobi
11-20-2009, 09:23 AM
YESSS!

From Virgin's Facebook page:
"Our Gatwick Clubhouse opens it's doors after a complete refurbishment, next Monday 23rd November. Full details and pictures to follow soon!"

nemmie
11-20-2009, 12:25 PM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

We fly on Monday! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thanks Obi! :goodvibes

Obi Wan Kenobi
11-20-2009, 02:02 PM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

We fly on Monday! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thanks Obi! :goodvibes

Pictures Nemmie, Pictures :-0 :-0

nemmie
11-20-2009, 02:07 PM
I will certainly try and get some on here for you before you fly Obi.
Not sure I will have access to internet before your date but I will try. :thumbsup2

wayneg
11-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Great news fro you both:thumbsup2

ClareH37
11-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Brilliant news, look forward to the piccies :)

disneyholic family
11-20-2009, 02:28 PM
looking forward to those pictures!!

jharrowell
11-23-2009, 09:53 AM
I soooo want to see those pictures. I get to play in the clubhouse in March... :)

Obi Wan Kenobi
11-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Someone has posted a link to pictures taken yesterday on the V-Flyer forum

http://img682.imageshack.us/g/image112k.jpg/

What is NOT good is the fact that the "improvements" seem to include charging for beauty treatments! :eek::eek:

jharrowell
11-24-2009, 06:27 AM
...What is NOT good is the fact that the "improvements" seem to include charging for beauty treatments! :eek::eek:

Yeah, I followed the links on the virgin atlantic website and found the prices. There were only a couple of simple treatments that were complementary and the rest chargable.

What actually is complementary now apart from being able to sit down? :(

nemmie
11-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Hi all,
Sorry no piccies. It was really manic in there yesterday. But I can report :)
The lounge looks much better and way more open now. Nice and stylish. The entrance is now on the shop side rather than down the hallway but its not very well signposted and took us a while to find. The check in agent had told us the entrance was the same :confused3
The spa is WONDERFUL! Of course this is coming from a woman who could spend half her life in spas but it is really a great and much improved experience. From the cowshed menu all the complimentary treatments are at least the equivilent to what they offered before and the prices for the others are very reasonable. Also please note that if you choose to pay for a treament INSTEAD of accepting a complimentary one you get a 30% discount. Made my thai foot massage 21 from 30 and worth every penny. Please also note they only accept cards, no cash.
Steve Ridgeway opened the lounge and wandered around talking to everyone. Really nice guy. Press were EVERYWHERE and they had a band playing which was really nice. I got filmed having my treatment lol.
The food was pretty much the same as before and the service was about a million times better. I have a feeling that was soley because Mr Ridgeway was around.
They still have shoe shine, business center and now a games area with Guitar Hero and Wii.
Any other questions let me know. Sorry about the pics.

Girlsontour
11-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Obi - they opened it cause they knew you were going soon:thumbsup2