PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the hubbies and kids behind - A May 2010 PTR, TR has begun!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kschafer
11-18-2009, 09:38 AM
:woohoo: I’m going back to Disney World!!!!! :cool1:

I can hardly believe it’s actually true. But when Hubby said “if it will make you happy, just go already” I decided to move forward before he changed his mind! :laughing:

Welcome to those of you who wandered over here because I already call you friend! I especially welcome those of you who wandered over here out of curiosity (or perhaps by accident) and choose to join me on this little adventure. I hope you’ll stick with me through my ramblings and plans and I’ll try my hardest to be at least a little entertaining.

SO…Who am I? I’m Katie…

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/386.jpg

I am a science teacher by training. I taught high school for 8 years before deciding I needed a break. I then was fortunate to get a half-time job I loved at a university working in outreach with the College of Natural Sciences. I planned events and opportunities for the local community and really enjoyed the work I did. Unfortunately, I was a casualty of our economic conditions and after a year was told they could not keep my position going. I was then unable to find another job and am currently working as a part-time substitute teacher. I am likely to return to teaching next school year (3 positions are probably going to open up in our district) and I know the difficulty of taking an off-season trip to Disney on a teacher's calendar so I’m grabbing this opportunity while I can!

I am also a wife to my hubby Greg and mom to my 2 boys Patrick and Daniel…

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip281.jpg

I’m a little nervous about leaving them for so long. I have never been away from the kids for more than 1 night at a time. Greg is a high school teacher and I know this trip will mean he has to step up and take over all the parenting duties on top of his work. However, he is a basketball coach and between Halloween and Valentine’s Day, he is very busy and I step up and do most of the work. I think he recognizes that 1 week of doing the daycare drop-off and pickup, homework checks, meal preparation and house cleaning is still a pretty good deal for him! :laughing:

In June 2008 we went on a trip with my extended family to celebrate my parents 40th wedding anniversary and the boys “got it” in the same way I did during my trips as a kid. (Link to that TR is in my siggy if you are bored) Greg on the other hand…well let’s just say he enjoyed the trip and would like to go back “someday” but doesn’t feel the need for that day to come soon. I haven’t really explained yet to the boys that I am going back without them (not really looking forward to that day!)

The idea for a Flower and Garden trip began with a group of Disers I am proud to call my friends. We wanted to take a trip together (affectionately dubbed gnomefest). Unfortunately, other trips and life in general seems to have stopped those plans for several of this group. A few of my gnomies may still be planning a trip sometime during F&G and I’m hoping to have a Dismeet or two while I am there. :thumbsup2

So in the meantime I decided to invite an old friend (that of course implies that we have been friends a long time, not that we are getting old) to join me for a girls-only trip. Meet Beth….

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/9222_1225786117274_1007651529_30730.jpg
(Sorry about the resolution, this was taken from her facebook profile)

We grew up in the same town but went to different elementary and middle schools. We met in high school and quickly became close friends. I “stole” this picture from Beth’s brother who posted it on facebook. I’m embarrassed to say I don’t have any recent pictures of the 2 of us, this is one from our senior picnic almost 20 years ago…

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/untitled3.jpg

After graduation, our lives took very different paths. She got married young and quickly took on the responsibility of a family. I went to college and led the easy life of a carefree young adult. Although we lived only a little over an hour apart and kept in touch, our different lives meant we didn’t have a lot in common at that time. We slowly drifted apart.

However, thanks to the power of the internet, we reconnected last year through Facebook and found that in the meantime, I had started my family and she had returned to college and we still connected in the same way we did all those years ago in 9th grade. She is still the awesome, thoughtful and funny chick I once called my best friend!

She is still happily married to her husband Steve and is the mom to 2 teenagers, Brett and Michael. They are currently waiting for the arrival of their daughter who will be coming to them from China sometime next fall.

Here’s her boys…

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/untitled.jpg

When Greg suggested a week ago that he was OK with me going on a trip to Disney, Beth was the first person I thought of. When I told her all about last year’s trip, she told me she had never been there and had always wanted to go. She talked it over with her hubby and he told her to go!

So the planning begins. I must confess to feeling a little behind on getting this trip planned given the last one was 2 years of talk and negotiations. However, I feel so much better prepared now that I have the Dis as a regular part of my life. Next up…deciding when and more importantly…the ADR window is already open, we’d better start planning the FOOD!!!

Be sure to say HI if you want to stick around for all the details as our trip unfolds.

jenjolt
11-18-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm definitely in!! I'm so excited for you Katie!!! Girls only trips are the best and I know you are going to have a great time!!!!

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your plans!!!!:cool1::banana:

Charleston Princess
11-18-2009, 02:09 PM
I am here, Katie, and so excited for you!!! :goodvibes

kschafer
11-18-2009, 03:13 PM
:cool1: Yay, Jen and Jackie are here!

Charleston Princess
11-18-2009, 06:36 PM
:cool1: Yay, Jen and Jackie are here!

You know I wouldn't miss it for anything!

2xcited2sleep
11-18-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm here too! So excited for you and can't wait to hear all about your plans. Your ADR window will open soon! :woohoo:

Happy Elf
11-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Sounds like a fun trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

ILuvCrush
11-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Shoulda put some blinking lights and arrows on that siggie link DOH!! I'm so blind!! but I'm here now!!!

Can't wait!
popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Paula

kschafer
11-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Woo Hoo, more of my gnomies are here!!!

Christine, the ARR window is already open, see post below

Welcome Janell!! It's good to have you here!

Paula, it's all good! I'm not as popular as some of you guys' PTR's/TR's so I don't have 3 pages in the first day :rotfl:

I should also mention that I pointed Beth to this PTR and she told me she likes the intro. Maybe she will decide to join the conversation!

Lady Lallie
11-19-2009, 07:22 AM
WOO HOO!!!

I'm in!!!

I am so so so so so excited for you! :banana:

ILuvCrush
11-19-2009, 07:23 AM
Paula, it's all good! I'm not as popular as some of you guys' PTR's/TR's so I don't have 3 pages in the first day :rotfl:

I should also mention that I pointed Beth to this PTR and she told me she likes the intro. Maybe she will decide to join the conversation!

Slow and steady wins the race:thumbsup2

Ohhh HI BETH!!!!!
Come out Come out where ever u are!!!

I hope we get to meet you.... MOST of us don't bite ;)

Paula

kschafer
11-19-2009, 07:26 AM
So the first big question to be answered was “When are we going?” Since I have had to follow a school calendar for so many years, this was a strange experience for me. I mentioned before that Greg coaches basketball and his regular season goes through mid-February. Add in the (slim :rolleyes:) chance that they might get to playoffs and I can’t seriously consider anything before March. I got onto my trusty TouringPlans and found that crowds are predicted to be large (of course) much of March and April with spring breaks and Easter then slowing down through mid-May.

Beth and I talked and compared our calendars and found that we both have an empty week the first of May. I had looked into flights and found Des Moines to MCO are currently running about $360 and Cedar Rapids is even higher, way more than I would like to pay! We also have service through Allegiant air in Iowa. For those of you familiar, this is a no frills airline which in exchange offers low cost flights. The huge advantage of this airline is their flights are all direct. No flying north then having to wait to turn around and fly south! The main disadvantage (honestly, I don’t care about amenities, I just want to get there!) is they don’t fly into MCO, they arrive in Sanford, about 1 hour from WDW. Disney doesn’t offer Magical Express so we would either need to take a taxi (about $100 each way) or rent a car (about $150 for the week)

SO we can get a more convenient flight and rental car for less than the inconvenient flight and depending on Disney transportation the whole week…:idea:

Another part of the no frills of Allegiant is they only have 2 flights a week so you have to be OK with the day and time they offer. In May, they are offering Tuesday or Saturday flights so we are working with the dates of May 1-8. We will wait on purchasing the tickets until after the holidays. Prices now are at $100 each way but for the last few years in January, they have dropped the price of their spring flights to $80 each way. We are also waiting to book a resort until Disney releases their deals for this time.

HOWEVER there is the all important decision of FOOD!!! ::yes:: We are already within 180 days of May so we can make our ADR’s ASAP! I explained to Beth how the Dining Plan works and what the options are. We both think the regular plan is the way to go.

Although I had some great food last time I was there (most notably, Kona Café and LeCellier) my goal this trip is to try all new TS. My one complaint about the DP last time was I felt like I was constantly eating so this time I would really like to do at least 1, possibly 2 signature restaurants and maybe share some QS meals along the way.

Beth so far has been really fantastic about trusting my advice knowing that I have done all my research. BUT this trip is for both of us so I have sent her a list of suggested restaurants with good reputations and I would happily eat at any of them. I pointed her to the menus on AllEars and she will get to pick the ones she likes and I’ll plan ADR’s from there.

So what did I recommend?

Starting with signature restaurants: Narcoossees, Citricos and California Grill

Beth likes the idea of character dining and I would do a breakfast at: Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Fare and Crystal Palace (the only possible repeat for me but we did lunch, not breakfast)

Others on the list are: Ohana, Whispering Canyon, Biergarten, Chefs de France, Tutto Italia, Rose & Crown and Teppan Edo

Yes, that is heavy on Epcot restaurants but they are known to be so good and she likes ethnic food.

OK my fellow disers, the big question is…what are your favorites and are there others I should have recommended? Keep in mind, I am not a big breakfast eater so I don’t want a lot of them and Beth is allergic to seafood.

The ADR clock is ticking!!!

kschafer
11-19-2009, 07:30 AM
WOW LL and P, you are quick

Glad you are here Leslie!!!

I agree Paula, it would be fun if Beth joined us (hint, hint!!)

ILuvCrush
11-19-2009, 07:37 AM
ohhh I like all your choices!! I haven't eaten at the 3 signature ones you listed... but the 2 I have are Brown Derby and Yachtsman...and both of those were amazing!!! I've heard really wonderful things about the other ones though!:goodvibes

I think 1900 ParkFaire and Tusker house are the BEST breakfast Character buffets.... That said I haven't had Bfast at CP or CM, just dinners and I find them both to be soooo chaotic!::MickeyMo

Les Chefs is great... I also love Marrakesh if you are looking for something exotic (but not too overly spicy or wierd)

That probably doesn't help..... I threw more into the mix LOL!!:rotfl2:

Paula

jenjolt
11-19-2009, 09:21 AM
I highly recommend the California Grill!! One of the best dinners of my entire trip in October!!!!!! You will not regret going there and you should try to get a time to go so you can see wishes!!!

manntra
11-19-2009, 02:15 PM
:wave: Hi there! I came over from Wigd's Christmas PTR. Congratulations on your upcoming trip! :goodvibes I am going in May also...May 2-7th!

For a dinner suggestion...I would take a look at The Wave too. I ate there in October and loved it so I made another reservation for May. I will be going with a friend of mine too and excited for an adult trip...I usually take a niece or a nephew or both so this will be fun. Well, it's always fun! :laughing:

Tracy

kschafer
11-19-2009, 03:49 PM
ohhh I like all your choices!! I haven't eaten at the 3 signature ones you listed... but the 2 I have are Brown Derby and Yachtsman...and both of those were amazing!!! I've heard really wonderful things about the other ones though!:goodvibes

I think 1900 ParkFaire and Tusker house are the BEST breakfast Character buffets.... That said I haven't had Bfast at CP or CM, just dinners and I find them both to be soooo chaotic!::MickeyMo

Les Chefs is great... I also love Marrakesh if you are looking for something exotic (but not too overly spicy or wierd)

That probably doesn't help..... I threw more into the mix LOL!!:rotfl2:

Paula

I know you all love Brown Derby but it holds less appeal to me for some reason (But I would love to try the Grapefruit cake, do they sell it next door at the bakery?) Yahtsman seems to be fairly hit and miss from what I have read in TR's, glad you liked it!

Good point about CM and CP. I enjoyed our lunch there but it did feel really crazy. I attributed it to being in a busy spot with 7 kids under the age of 7! I think 1900 park fare would be fun because of you can talk to the characters, I tend to not say much to the non-talkers. It seems like most people really enjoy it.

I may give some thought to Chefs for lunch since the fixed price menu looks so good and is reasonably priced for a TS! Marrakesh is a little scary for me since I would only like the meat/breads. The sides just aren't my thing. If Beth really wants to try it, I will suggest Tangerine as a CS

I highly recommend the California Grill!! One of the best dinners of my entire trip in October!!!!!! You will not regret going there and you should try to get a time to go so you can see wishes!!!

Glad to hear you liked it so much! What did you have (I don't think you have gotten to it in your TR have you?)

:wave: Hi there! I came over from Wigd's Christmas PTR. Congratulations on your upcoming trip! :goodvibes I am going in May also...May 2-7th!

For a dinner suggestion...I would take a look at The Wave too. I ate there in October and loved it so I made another reservation for May. I will be going with a friend of mine too and excited for an adult trip...I usually take a niece or a nephew or both so this will be fun. Well, it's always fun! :laughing:

Tracy

Welcome Tracy! :wave2:

I recognize your screen name so we must read many of the same TR's. How fun you will be there the same week!! what are your plans?

I'm SO excited about an adults only trip!

Lady Lallie
11-19-2009, 04:16 PM
I can't recommend Rose & Crown enough. I ate there twice in May and it was delicious both times. So yummy!

I bet you ladies would really enjoy Les Chefs too. It's quite delicious and you can't beat the fixed menu!

Charleston Princess
11-19-2009, 08:17 PM
All of your choices look great! I would love to try California Grill someday, and I have loved our meals at Tutto, Rose and Crown, and Teppan Edo. :goodvibes

MEK
11-19-2009, 10:22 PM
So the first big question to be answered was “When are we going?” =
Beth and I talked and compared our calendars and found that we both have an empty week the first of May. In May, they are offering Tuesday or Saturday flights so we are working with the dates of May 1-8. !!!

:woohoo::woohoo: Yeah........This is when I will be there. :woohoo::woohoo: Say its true!!!!!! I can't believe it. :worship: We are going May 2 - 7th (Sunday to Friday). Do I sense a DIS meet in the works???????

I am so glad you directed me to your PTR or I would never have seen it on my own. I agree with Paula - blinking lights/neon sign - definately the way to go!!!!!!

MEK
11-19-2009, 10:29 PM

Hahahahaha!

I was just going back to edit in.....and Tracy (aka manntra) will be there, too!

And Katie, just so you know, you'll be able to find either Tracy or I in a crowd because we will both be sporting brand new SLR digital cameras (probably Canon Rebels, but were not 100% sure yet) :rotfl2: Yup, you'll see us from a mile away, dragging camera bags, tripods, flash attachments, lenses. You thought Paula's pics were good. She is about to get some serious competition. :lmao:

Didn't look at all your ADR choices yet, but R&C on May 3rd is were my group of travelers will be.

ILuvCrush
11-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Hahahahaha!

I was just going back to edit in.....and Tracy (aka manntra) will be there, too!

And Katie, just so you know, you'll be able to find either Tracy or I in a crowd because we will both be sporting brand new SLR digital cameras (probably Canon Rebels, but were not 100% sure yet) :rotfl2: Yup, you'll see us from a mile away, dragging camera bags, tripods, flash attachments, lenses. You thought Paula's pics were good. She is about to get some serious competition. :lmao:

Didn't look at all your ADR choices yet, but R&C on May 3rd is were my group of travelers will be.

hmmm I smell a challenge!! Maybe I'll have to come along too... just to keep an eye on the competition:rolleyes1

P

2xcited2sleep
11-20-2009, 04:36 AM
Chiming in to wholeheartedly recommend California Grill, Chefs, Tutto, and Rose & Crown. I was very happily surprised by R&C in Sept/Oct! :thumbsup2

MEK
11-20-2009, 05:54 AM
hmmm I smell a challenge!! Maybe I'll have to come along too... just to keep an eye on the competition:rolleyes1

P

Hahahahaha....... Well, you haven't had enough trips yet on your AP, so bring it on! :rotfl: Seriously, Tracy and I would love pointers from you, the great photo goddess! :worship:

kschafer
11-20-2009, 06:15 AM
I can't recommend Rose & Crown enough. I ate there twice in May and it was delicious both times. So yummy!

I bet you ladies would really enjoy Les Chefs too. It's quite delicious and you can't beat the fixed menu!

All of your choices look great! I would love to try California Grill someday, and I have loved our meals at Tutto, Rose and Crown, and Teppan Edo. :goodvibes

Chiming in to wholeheartedly recommend California Grill, Chefs, Tutto, and Rose & Crown. I was very happily surprised by R&C in Sept/Oct! :thumbsup2

:grouphug: We all certainly have similar tastes, check out the next post!

:woohoo::woohoo: Yeah........This is when I will be there. :woohoo::woohoo: Say its true!!!!!! I can't believe it. :worship: We are going May 2 - 7th (Sunday to Friday). Do I sense a DIS meet in the works???????

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: OMG Mary Ellen!!!!!!!!! How did I miss that our tickers are only 1 day apart?

A MEK Dismeet :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

LOVE IT!!!!

Hmm, I already penciled a tentative touring plan and have MK most of the 3rd but I may have to play around. What are your other ADR's?

::yes:: Yes, I definitely think you need to come check them out :rolleyes1

Hahahahaha....... Well, you haven't had enough trips yet on your AP, so bring it on! :rotfl: Seriously, Tracy and I would love pointers from you, the great photo goddess! :worship:

:thumbsup2

kschafer
11-20-2009, 06:18 AM
So Beth e-mailed me last night with her dining wish list. She said she basically went through the menus and made her own list before looking to see what was on mine. Look at what she came up with:

Biergarten
Les Chefs de France
Marrakesh
Rose & Crown
Teppan Edo
Tutto Italia
Ohana
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Jiko
Citricos
California Grill
Cinderella (I’m not certain if this means CRT or 1900 PF)

If our touring choices match up as nicely as our taste in food, this trip is going to be AWESOME!!!!! :yay:

I’m not all that interested in Marrakesh so I will be sure we work in Tangerine for lunch one day for her. Jiko is one that if I ever do DxDP, I would try but is not high priority.

She commented that she read about being able to watch fireworks from a few of these so I think CG and R&C will rise to the top of the list. Those of you who have done this…what time did you make ADR’s for?

I think the other limiting factor is going to be that we both are heavy on Epcot restaurants, this is fine for days we are at Epcot or even DHS but won’t exactly be easy to “stop into” on days we are at MK or AK. Of course MK area restaurants are also well represented!

2ISUfans
11-20-2009, 09:56 AM
HALLOOOOOOOOOOO! Katie's friend, Beth here!

I am so excited about our up and coming trip.

Sounds like there is lots of great advice to be found here. Glad Katie pointed me in this direction!

Beth
:dance3:

Charleston Princess
11-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Welcome to the DIS, Beth!!! I think you and Katie are going to have a great time!!!

manntra
11-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Hahahahaha!

:laughing::laughing::laughing: That was so funny Mary Ellen!!! I can just see us now!! :lmao: It's going to be a good time!! ::yes:: She can come bail us out of Mickey Jail for taking pictures in Spaceship Earth!

Katie my ADR's are:

May 2 The Wave 645 MK open till 1am :thumbsup2
May 3 Biergarten 615 I think this is mostly a HS day
May 4 Le Cellier 710 Epcot day
May 5 Boma 755 dinner MK rope and then AK
May 6 Boma 830 breakfast AK rope then MK night....always end on a MK
night!:)

Tracy

kschafer
11-20-2009, 10:20 AM

Sounds like there is lots of great advice to be found here. Glad Katie pointed me in this direction!

Beth

YAY Beth is joining us on the Dis :cheer2: (do I get some sort of recruiting bonus?)

Welcome to the DIS, Beth!!! I think you and Katie are going to have a great time!!!

::yes::

Megablocks
11-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi Katie! I saw that you started a new PTR so I'm subbing :goodvibes I'm so glad you get to go back!

We have a ressie for R&C in February, and we also wanted to try to see Illuminations from there. I think the time that we got is 7:30 -- my mom has her master list of ADRs so I'll have to check with her. We did it once before, I think around 7:30 or 8, and it worked out really well.

Can't wait for more :thumbsup2

kschafer
11-20-2009, 10:27 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: That was so funny Mary Ellen!!! I can just see us now!! :lmao: It's going to be a good time!! ::yes:: She can come bail us out of Mickey Jail for taking pictures in Spaceship Earth!

:lmao: :rotfl2: Can you take pics in Mickey jail or is that considered offstage?

May 2 The Wave 645 MK open till 1am :thumbsup2
May 3 Biergarten 615 I think this is mostly a HS day
May 4 Le Cellier 710 Epcot day
May 5 Boma 755 dinner MK rope and then AK
May 6 Boma 830 breakfast AK rope then MK night....always end on a MK
night!:)

I have a tentative touring plan but need to run it by Beth before posting here. It however looks like we plan to be in the same place at the same time a few times!

Lady Lallie
11-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Welcome to the DIS Beth!! :grouphug:

I think Jen and I's ADR for Rose & Crown was around 7PM. I would try for anwhere between 7 and 8. I think if you don't get a table with a view of Illuminations that they will let you go and stand in the area where you can see them.

When we checked in we asked for a table outside with a view and they said they couldn't guarantee anything but we did get one. :thumbsup2

jenjolt
11-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the DIS Beth YAY!!!!! So glad you joined us!!!

I enjoyed everything I had at CG and it should be coming up very very soon on the TR either from C or from me LOL!!! Was an amazing meal!!! We made our reservation for about 30 minutes before Wishes...we were able to enjoy the appetizer during the show which was GREAT!!!!! I loved it!!!! Great timing ...anytime an hour before if you are going all out on the meal you will be there to see Wishes from there!!!!!!

2ISUfans
11-20-2009, 11:35 AM
LOL, I feel like when reading your posts, I'm translating another language....ADR, TR, etc. I'm hoping by May I'll grow up to be a DIS pro just like you guys!

:worship:

manntra
11-20-2009, 11:44 AM
LOL, I feel like when reading your posts, I'm translating another language....ADR, TR, etc. I'm hoping by May I'll grow up to be a DIS pro just like you guys!

:worship:

:welcome: Beth! You will be an old pro in no time! :) Just be careful because you will start talking in abbreviations in your real life and people will look at you strange! :rotfl:

Tracy

ILuvCrush
11-20-2009, 12:09 PM

Beth

:wave:
hi Beth!!!

I'm so happy you decided to join us in our little corner of the world:flower3:

looking forawrd to getting to know you and hear all about your upcoming trip with Katie

Paula

kschafer
11-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi Katie! I saw that you started a new PTR so I'm subbing :goodvibes I'm so glad you get to go back!

Hey Meghan, glad to have you around!

We have a ressie for R&C in February, and we also wanted to try to see Illuminations from there. I think the time that we got is 7:30 -- my mom has her master list of ADRs so I'll have to check with her. We did it once before, I think around 7:30 or 8, and it worked out really well.

I think Jen and I's ADR for Rose & Crown was around 7PM. I would try for anwhere between 7 and 8. I think if you don't get a table with a view of Illuminations that they will let you go and stand in the area where you can see them.

When we checked in we asked for a table outside with a view and they said they couldn't guarantee anything but we did get one. :thumbsup2

I enjoyed everything I had at CG and it should be coming up very very soon on the TR either from C or from me LOL!!! Was an amazing meal!!! We made our reservation for about 30 minutes before Wishes...we were able to enjoy the appetizer during the show which was GREAT!!!!! I loved it!!!! Great timing ...anytime an hour before if you are going all out on the meal you will be there to see Wishes from there!!!!!!

OTTV! I knew the ADR window had been open but I didn't realize how difficult some of them would be! (after all, when we went last year, I was able to get LeCellier only 3 or 4 months out!)

Rose and Crown had nothing later than 5:00 so we decided to take it and just watch Illuminations from somewhere else.

Cali Grill only had a 7:20 or 9:00. I booked the 9:00 thinking we could get checked in, have a drink at the bar, watch Wishes from the observation deck then get a table after (I suspect at 8:45, nobody will be moving from their tables so we won't actualy be seated at 9)

I posted a question about it on the restaurants board and got 2 responses, both said I should take the 7:20. One thought we wouldn't get seated on time anyways and even later if we request to wait for a window table. The other mentioned that even if we finish early, we can leave and return for viewing if we show our receipt.

What do you think?

kschafer
11-20-2009, 01:13 PM
:welcome: Beth! You will be an old pro in no time! :) Just be careful because you will start talking in abbreviations in your real life and people will look at you strange! :rotfl:

So true! :rolleyes1

:wave:
hi Beth!!!

I'm so happy you decided to join us in our little corner of the world:flower3:

looking forawrd to getting to know you and hear all about your upcoming trip with Katie

:thumbsup2

jenjolt
11-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Hey Meghan, glad to have you around!

OTTV! I knew the ADR window had been open but I didn't realize how difficult some of them would be! (after all, when we went last year, I was able to get LeCellier only 3 or 4 months out!)

Rose and Crown had nothing later than 5:00 so we decided to take it and just watch Illuminations from somewhere else.

Cali Grill only had a 7:20 or 9:00. I booked the 9:00 thinking we could get checked in, have a drink at the bar, watch Wishes from the observation deck then get a table after (I suspect at 8:45, nobody will be moving from their tables so we won't actualy be seated at 9)

I posted a question about it on the restaurants board and got 2 responses, both said I should take the 7:20. One thought we wouldn't get seated on time anyways and even later if we request to wait for a window table. The other mentioned that even if we finish early, we can leave and return for viewing if we show our receipt.

What do you think?

Considering that C and I spent almost 3 hours at CG for dinner ...I don't think you would have any problem with the 7:20pm time as long as you just kept in mind that you want to make this a very leisurally meal. Enjoy the food and the company and have them wait for dessert until after Wishes. I think either time and plan would work for you...but 7:20pm is quite doable also and I don't think would be early at all.

MeMom
11-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Woo Hoo, more of my gnomies are here!!!

Christine, the ARR window is already open, see post below

Welcome Janell!! It's good to have you here!

I'm not a gnomie, but can I please still have one of these: :cool1:?

:)

I have gone with a friend twice, and we had much fun and laughed a lot both times. You will have a great time!

kschafer
11-20-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm not a gnomie, but can I please still have one of these: :cool1:?

:)

I have gone with a friend twice, and we had much fun and laughed a lot both times. You will have a great time!

MeMom, not only will I give you one of these :cool1: I'm going to throw in a :woohoo: and a :banana: (cause you know we love you that much!)

ILuvCrush
11-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Considering that C and I spent almost 3 hours at CG for dinner ...I don't think you would have any problem with the 7:20pm time as long as you just kept in mind that you want to make this a very leisurally meal. Enjoy the food and the company and have them wait for dessert until after Wishes. I think either time and plan would work for you...but 7:20pm is quite doable also and I don't think would be early at all.

actually we had quite a few meals that pushed that 3 hour mark:rolleyes1

I'd go got the 7:20 and spring for a bottle of wine:rolleyes:

P

kschafer
11-21-2009, 09:15 AM

actually we had quite a few meals that pushed that 3 hour mark:rolleyes1

I'd go got the 7:20 and spring for a bottle of wine:rolleyes:

P

Hmm :rolleyes: I went ahead a booked the 7:20. I still have the 9 as well and we will have to decide which one to cancel.

After some work, I was able to get ADR’s for all the restaurants we wanted on the days I wanted. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get many of the times I had hoped for and I am a little nervous about the time of a couple of them. Here’s what I got:

No ADR’s for Saturday 5/1 because if we take the flight we have talked about, we will get in quite late
Sunday 5/2: Biergarten 5:05. I’m SO excited Beth wanted to try this one. We were going to go here last year with my entire family but my parents didn’t want us spending the money on them for it. It definitely isn’t a lot of peoples’ taste but we are both excited about the Oompa band!!
Monday 5/3: Whispering Canyon Café 7:20. I’m very nervous about this time! I am hoping to see Spectro at 9:00 and I’m worried that if we run late at all, we will not get back in time. We may just plan on getting there a ½ hour early and wandering the WL if we have to wait that long. Is the boat the fastest way to go? (Keep in mind we will likely have a car) Tuesday 5/4: Cali Grill at either 7:20 or 9:00. I guess from what you all are saying, I am leaning toward the earlier time and planning on stretching out the courses. I figured we would add drinks and appetizers at a couple places and this is as good as any (Beth, do you like sushi?) No Spectro this night so Wishes will be at 9.
Wednesday 5/5: we will celebrate Cinco de Mayo with lunch at Teppan Edo at 1:30. We will have to be sure to stop at the tequila cave for margaritas earlier in the day!
Thursday 5/6: Ohana 8:35. I couldn’t get anything earlier than this but I think it will work out OK with our touring plan for the day.
Friday 5/7: Rose and Crown 5:05. I was hoping to get an ADR that would work with Illuminations but couldn’t get one the entire week. We will just do the earlier dinner then find a good spot somewhere else. The crowd level this day is only a 4 so I’m not too concerned!
Saturday 5/8: If we are able to keep all the above ADR’s, that will use up our TS credits. There were a couple other places we are interested in eating so I booked 2 possibilities for this day. We are likely to have a late flight out and I left it open to pick the park depending on what we want to do most. So I booked a 10:30 breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and a 12:00 at Les Chefs. We can pick the one we want or cancel both depending our desires at the time.

While we are planning food, let’s talk snacks…

What are your favorites? I want to make sure to enjoy:

A cream cheese pretzel (LL, aren’t you the one who loves these? Where are they?) Figaro fries
A main street ice cream sandwich
Dipped treats from Goofy’s
A no way Jose from Beaches and Cream
What else should I add to the list?

Native NYer
11-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Joining in! A girls trip sounds like so much fun.

Happy Elf
11-21-2009, 10:18 AM
ADR's sound wonderful! Lots of great places!

2xcited2sleep
11-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Your ADR's look great! It's so nice to see you so excited and gearing up for a trip to WDW! :goodvibes In terms of snacks, I'd recommend a taquito or chips and gucamole at La Cava del tequila when you stop for your margarita or the bakery in France has a nice cheese plate with a baguette that goes great with a glass of wine. :rolleyes1

kschafer
11-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Joining in! A girls trip sounds like so much fun.

Welcome Jennifer :wave2: Nice to have you here!!

ADR's sound wonderful! Lots of great places!

I'm so excited! I love that I will get to try all new places.

Your ADR's look great! It's so nice to see you so excited and gearing up for a trip to WDW! :goodvibes In terms of snacks, I'd recommend a taquito or chips and gucamole at La Cava del tequila when you stop for your margarita or the bakery in France has a nice cheese plate with a baguette that goes great with a glass of wine. :rolleyes1

:hug: Thanks C. You know we could maybe use a guide who really knows their way around the Epcot "highlights" :rolleyes1

Lady Lallie
11-21-2009, 03:16 PM
The cream cheese pretzel is at MK in Tomorrowland at the snack counter underneath the astro orbiter. I am not sure if you can get them in other places or not.

I've been meaning to try those Figaro Fries but I haven't yet!

I think your ADRs look great. I would be a teeny bit worried about WCC too...maybe keep trying for an earlier time. I wouldn't want you to miss out on Spectro. I don't know if the boat is the quickest or not...it might be because I think the bus at WL stops at other resorts and if you drove then you would have to park and then take the monorail or boat over.

kschafer
11-22-2009, 08:06 AM
The cream cheese pretzel is at MK in Tomorrowland at the snack counter underneath the astro orbiter. I am not sure if you can get them in other places or not.

I've been meaning to try those Figaro Fries but I haven't yet!

I think your ADRs look great. I would be a teeny bit worried about WCC too...maybe keep trying for an earlier time. I wouldn't want you to miss out on Spectro. I don't know if the boat is the quickest or not...it might be because I think the bus at WL stops at other resorts and if you drove then you would have to park and then take the monorail or boat over.

Thanks for the heads-up on the pretzel!

How often do the boats run? My fear is just missing one and having to wait 20 minutes for the next. If we are on a boat by 8:30 (which is pushing it unless we can get seated early), we won't have a front row spot but we will get there in time for spectro. Certainly the boat is faster (once you are on it) than driving, parking, getting to the TTC, monorail...Isn't it?

Oh, I'm off to check on an earlier time! Hmm, there is a 6:30 on Sunday but that is also a Fantasmic night. The only other night Fantasmic is currently scheduled is also the only AK pm EMH which I really wanted to do. I booked the Sunday one and will keep my fingers crossed that either I will eventually find and earlier one on Monday OR they add another Fantasmic.

wigdoutdismom
11-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Hi Katie! Thanks for inviting me over! Now it's time to go back and read....

wigdoutdismom
11-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Your ADRs are making my stomach growl.....

kschafer
11-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Hi Katie! Thanks for inviting me over! Now it's time to go back and read....

Glad you made it Anita!

Your ADRs are making my stomach growl.....

Me too popcorn::

Yesterday I was flipping through the newspaper and saw an ad for Allegiant Air. It advertised spring flights out of Des Moines for $90 each way (down $10 from last week). Cedar Rapids is actually a better location since it's halfway between Beth's house and mine so I went to their flight pricing and found they had dropped to $80 each way! :woohoo: (oh, and all other flights out of Des Moines have gone UP another $30)

For some reason I am feeling hesitant about booking. I have a fear of something going wrong :confused3

What do you think Beth? Should we commit?

manntra
11-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Are Grey Geese considered a snack? Why yes they are! :laughing:
Don't forget about a Dole whip!
Anything from Goofy's!!

I would agree with the earlier time at CG ::yes::

Thanks for mentioning Cinco de Mayo! I had not realized it so we will be sure to have some margaritas Wednesday! :thumbsup2

Your ADR's look great....love Biergarten! You will have so much fun and really enjoy the band. Just beware...I got a beer when I was there last month and it was a liter! I had to pick it up with two hands!! :rotfl:

Tracy

chanti
11-24-2009, 05:02 AM
Must be so much fun going to 'the world' with a cool friend!! Looks like you can start looking forward to an awesome trip!!! I hope you have a fantastic time!! :thumbsup2:dance3:

kschafer
11-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Are Grey Geese considered a snack? Why yes they are! :laughing:
Don't forget about a Dole whip!
Anything from Goofy's!!

I would agree with the earlier time at CG ::yes::

Thanks for mentioning Cinco de Mayo! I had not realized it so we will be sure to have some margaritas Wednesday! :thumbsup2

Your ADR's look great....love Biergarten! You will have so much fun and really enjoy the band. Just beware...I got a beer when I was there last month and it was a liter! I had to pick it up with two hands!! :rotfl:

Tracy

See, now in my mind, Grey Geese are not a snack...booze is an entirely different must-have list to make :laughing:

I am strange about fruit. I like fresh fruit plain but like very few fruit items (including fruit topping on ice cream, pastries are about the only exception) so I don' think I would enjoy the much loved Dole Whip :confused3

OK, I think we will have to go with the earlier CG time!

I am looking forward to the wine flight at Biergarten!

Must be so much fun going to 'the world' with a cool friend!! Looks like you can start looking forward to an awesome trip!!! I hope you have a fantastic time!! :thumbsup2:dance3:

Glad you found me over here! Your trip is getting so close!!!!!!

2ISUfans
11-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Katie, I'm a "go for it" kind of gal, and I say we go for the flights. What do you think? :confused3

I love all the ADRs (woohoo, I need some kind of celebration emoticon....I just used my first abbreviation!). Snacks are sounding all snack-a-licious to me! I just want to go!!!

MEK
11-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Sunday 5/2: Biergarten 5:05. Monday 5/3: Whispering Canyon Café 7:20. ] Tuesday 5/4: Cali Grill at either 7:20 or 9:00. I Wednesday 5/5: we will celebrate Cinco de Mayo with lunch at Teppan Edo at 1:30. We will have to be sure to stop at the tequila cave for margaritas earlier in the day!
Thursday 5/6: Ohana 8:35. .
Friday 5/7: Rose and Crown 5:05. [/SIZE]

Katie -

I know you asked me several days ago what my ADR's are, so here goes....

5/2 The Wave 7:30
5/3 Rose & Crown 7:30
5/4 LeCellier 1230 (hoping to go to Cirque tonight)
5/5 Tusker House 1015 & Yak & Yeti 745
5/6 Ohana 6pm

Can I coax you into the late EMH at AK on 5/5??????

Maybe we can meet after my Ohana dinner and before yours on 5/6?????

Oh...and I vote for the earlier Cali Grill ADR!

kschafer
11-25-2009, 07:15 AM
Katie, I'm a "go for it" kind of gal, and I say we go for the flights. What do you think? :confused3

I love all the ADRs (woohoo, I need some kind of celebration emoticon....I just used my first abbreviation!). Snacks are sounding all snack-a-licious to me! I just want to go!!!

Here you go: :jumping1:
Give me a call today and we'll get it set up!

Katie -

I know you asked me several days ago what my ADR's are, so here goes....

5/2 The Wave 7:30
5/3 Rose & Crown 7:30
5/4 LeCellier 1230 (hoping to go to Cirque tonight)
5/5 Tusker House 1015 & Yak & Yeti 745
5/6 Ohana 6pm

Can I coax you into the late EMH at AK on 5/5??????

Maybe we can meet after my Ohana dinner and before yours on 5/6?????

Oh...and I vote for the earlier Cali Grill ADR!

You don't need to talk me into AK on 5/5, it's already planned! Will you be doing MK EMH on 5/2? We will be doing Fantasmic then heading that way.

I'm extremely frustrated now! I've been on the dining reservations site frequently waiting to see if an ADR opens up for better times than we have. I had an idea and changed our party size to discover I can get the earlier times I want for WCC and Ohana and the later Illuminations time at R&C IF we had a larger group, but not for 2 :mad:

This is NOT fair!

Anyone know what would happen if I booked a table for 4 then only 2 show up? Of course if Paula, Christine or Jen come that week we could have the larger party size needed :rolleyes1

Lady Lallie
11-25-2009, 09:06 AM
I am pretty sure that Christine, Jen & Paula didn't change the ADRs in September when I had to cancel. I don't think they had any problems showing up with a smaller group. If you do that, just tell them that the other people couldn't make it at the last minute.

Charleston Princess
11-25-2009, 09:13 AM
When we showed up at the Brown Derby with a party of 3 instead of a party of 4, they didn't even bat an eyelash. I think you should be okay.

MeMom
11-25-2009, 09:25 AM
We have to do that sometimes. We book for the whole gang, but as you know, the guys don't always show up. No one has ever said one word about it ever.

kschafer
11-25-2009, 09:37 AM
I am pretty sure that Christine, Jen & Paula didn't change the ADRs in September when I had to cancel. I don't think they had any problems showing up with a smaller group. If you do that, just tell them that the other people couldn't make it at the last minute.

When we showed up at the Brown Derby with a party of 3 instead of a party of 4, they didn't even bat an eyelash. I think you should be okay.

We have to do that sometimes. We book for the whole gang, but as you know, the guys don't always show up. No one has ever said one word about it ever.

that's a bit of a relief! My concern is that if they "block" a table for 4 in their ADR system and only 2 show up, they may force us to wait for a smaller table. If 3 show up instead of 4, that doesn't mess with their system in the same way. I'll just plan on showing up, smiling nicely and hope that during the slow time of year, nobody will give us grief!

MEK
11-25-2009, 05:41 PM
You don't need to talk me into AK on 5/5, it's already planned! Will you be doing MK EMH on 5/2? We will be doing Fantasmic then heading that way.

Hey Katie -

I just saw your pm and think your idea is fantastic! Plus - yeah for 5/2 MK emh - yes we are going and yeah for AK EMH on 5/5. I think we will have plenty of opportunity for a DIS meet. Now I am off to look for a Ohana ADR for 6! :woohoo:

MEK
11-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Check your pm -but I can't contain the excitement - I just got us an ADR at Ohana's for May 6th at 6:20pm. I think 6 is the magic number. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: That was easy peasy! Too easy, in fact. I better check that I have the right date! LOL!:rotfl2:

kschafer
11-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Yippeee!!!! :cool1:

We are dining with MEK at Ohana. As long as Denny doesn't hog the potstickers, we should be great! :rotfl:

2xcited2sleep
11-26-2009, 08:30 AM
I rarely show up with the party size I booked the ADR for. :laughing: Not on purpose, mind you but that seems to be how it goes. It has never been an issue. I can't tell if it took any longer to be seated but I've also never waited a super long time either (aside from the Sci Fi debacle).

kschafer
11-26-2009, 12:58 PM
I rarely show up with the party size I booked the ADR for. :laughing: Not on purpose, mind you but that seems to be how it goes. It has never been an issue. I can't tell if it took any longer to be seated but I've also never waited a super long time either (aside from the Sci Fi debacle).

That gives me some comfort. I think I will make the ADR's for 3 then when we arrive tell them one person couldn't make it, that seems reasonable!

Just want to take a minute to tell everyone

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

I can't top MeMom's sentiments this morning but it really is nice to take a day to reflect on all the blessings we have and the friends I have made on the Dis are among my blessings I am grateful for today :grouphug:

MEK
11-26-2009, 03:30 PM

We are dining with MEK at Ohana. As long as Denny doesn't hog the potstickers, we should be great! :rotfl:

I don't think Denny will hog them, but my friend Chuck might! :rotfl2: You'll love Chuck and Cathy. They are so nice! It will be so much fun!

ILuvCrush
11-26-2009, 08:12 PM

I seem to remember we had an ADR for 3 for BD..and showed up with 4:lmao: No one even questioned anything LOL!!

Well.... it is all you caneat....so Denny and Chuck can still hog away:thumbsup2

Thats so cool that you are all getting to go together!!!

Paula

kschafer
11-27-2009, 07:32 PM
I don't think Denny will hog them, but my friend Chuck might! :rotfl2: You'll love Chuck and Cathy. They are so nice! It will be so much fun!

I can't wait :woohoo: Bring on the LapuLapu!!

Well.... it is all you caneat....so Denny and Chuck can still hog away:thumbsup2

Thats so cool that you are all getting to go together!!!

Maybe I'll just ask for seconds right away and have my own plate in front of me :rotfl2:

Tonight I was watching the news when a story came across that piqued my interest. It seems that Air Tran will be starting non-stop flights between Des Moines and MCO. I got on their website and discovered that flights the weekend we are looking at travelling are $99 each way. Keep in mind, we were considering taking $80 each way tickets on Allegiant but they fly into Sanford so would require a rental car. As it turns out, tickets on Air Tran would come out to about $50 less!

Why a conundrum? Well, in the spirt of our dear friend LL, let's make a list!

Pros of taking Air Tran:

Obviously the $50 savings
They arrive in MCO at 3 in the afternoon instead of 10:30 at night (plus another hour drive to WDW) like Allegiant giving us time on May 1 to hit the parks!
Magical Express

Pros of taking Allegiant:

Having to rent a car means having one available (I know we can do Disney transportation just fine but I didn't have to rely on it last year so I'm just not sure of what to expect)
Return flight is at 3 in the afternoon instead of 8:30 in the morning like Air Tran.

I'm almost tempted to say let's come home Sunday instead of Saturday if we go this route, this of course means adding another night of hotel and basically eliminates the cost savings. In fact when you factor in an extra day on the dining plan and park tickets, it turns out to be more expensive (but still...an extra day in Disney!)

The deciding factor may just be location. If we fly Allegiant, we can fly in/out of Cedar Rapids (1 hour from Beth, 1 1/2 hours from me). If we fly in/out of Des Moines, Beth would have to drive 2 1/2 hours to my house then another hour to Des Moines. I can totally understand why she may not want to do this so I am leaving the decision to her!

Lady Lallie
11-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Marc & I flew AirTran last fall. They usually have really good prices. Did you sign up for their emails? I get emails advertising flights from Boston for $74 when they are normally $99. So you might even get a better deal.

Where are you staying again? Have you said? If you have, I apologize that I don't remember. Disney transportation is not bad at all. Before I went with Jen, I had always used the buses and did just fine. I like not having to drive on vacation. ;)

And just think...adding on an extra day is minimal in cost and you get more Disney magic which is PRICELESS. I say go for it!

ILuvCrush
11-27-2009, 11:29 PM
We had absolutely no bus issues of note (other than one... but it was ok cause we were 'comped')

AirTran alsolets you check your bags at WDW... Which is a very nice perk. Southwest doesn't:confused: and I miss it....

Paula

kschafer
11-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Marc & I flew AirTran last fall. They usually have really good prices. Did you sign up for their emails? I get emails advertising flights from Boston for $74 when they are normally $99. So you might even get a better deal.

Where are you staying again? Have you said? If you have, I apologize that I don't remember. Disney transportation is not bad at all. Before I went with Jen, I had always used the buses and did just fine. I like not having to drive on vacation. ;)

And just think...adding on an extra day is minimal in cost and you get more Disney magic which is PRICELESS. I say go for it!

I have signed up for their e-mails now! Thanks for that suggestion. If we can snag a lower price, that could possibly justify 1 more night :rolleyes:

I haven't said where we are staying because we haven't decided. I didn't want to overwhelm Beth with decisions right away so I prioritized ADR's :laughing: Also, Disney hasn't released their deals for that timeframe so I figured we could wait to see what they come out with. I got a pincode awhile back that I could have used but I didn't save the e-mail, maybe I should call and see if there is a valid one for me :confused3

We had absolutely no bus issues of note (other than one... but it was ok cause we were 'comped')

AirTran alsolets you check your bags at WDW... Which is a very nice perk. Southwest doesn't:confused: and I miss it....

I hear very few issues with the buses so I know that would turn out fine, just something different for me to figure out this time.

Comped for a bus issue? :confused3 Do I know this story or is it coming up in your current TR?

Daniel wanted to say good morning:

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: pirate: pirate: :headache: :banana: :banana: :banana: :rotfl2: :worship: :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :laundy: :laundy: :laundy: :laundy:

Lady Lallie
11-28-2009, 07:57 AM
I have signed up for their e-mails now! Thanks for that suggestion. If we can snag a lower price, that could possibly justify 1 more night :rolleyes:

I haven't said where we are staying because we haven't decided. I didn't want to overwhelm Beth with decisions right away so I prioritized ADR's :laughing: Also, Disney hasn't released their deals for that timeframe so I figured we could wait to see what they come out with. I got a pincode awhile back that I could have used but I didn't save the e-mail, maybe I should call and see if there is a valid one for me :confused3 Yes, I would call and ask about the pin for sure. I think they are attached to your name in their system but I'm not 100% sure.

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: pirate: pirate: :headache: :banana: :banana: :banana: :rotfl2: :worship: :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :laundy: :laundy: :laundy: :laundy:

Good Morning Daniel! :cool2:

2xcited2sleep
11-28-2009, 08:19 AM
I've had no major issues with Disney transportation either. In fact, I prefer not having to worry about it to having a car, needing to get gas, having to remember where I park etc.

So exciting to be planning, isn't it?!? :yay:

manntra
11-28-2009, 08:43 AM
I too would go for the extra day and not worry about a car. I have never had any problems with the buses and I also prefer not to drive when on vacation. I am flying in a day early and will stay at a hotel near the airport (shuttle to hotel) then hop back to the airport in the am for ME to AKV. :goodvibes

Tracy

jenjolt
11-29-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm all for you going for longer if you can wing LOL!!! How exciting that you will be dining with MEK!! I'm so excited for you Katie!!!

MeMom
11-29-2009, 03:05 PM

What a morning you had, Daniel!

Eating all that popcorn, playing pirate, getting a headache (what happened?), dancing around, rolling on the floor, wondering about things, and doing laundry...WOW!

I enjoyed your message. Brooklynn loves to put smileys up, too. :)

Hope you guys have a good week at your house. I very much enjoyed five days off, but it's back to you-know-where tomorrow. :sad1:

Extra Disney days are always good. Somehow adding one night to a Disney World resort bill is not nearly as painful as it is adding to a bill out here in Real World.

kschafer
11-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Yes, I would call and ask about the pin for sure. I think they are attached to your name in their system but I'm not 100% sure.

I think I will call and ask this morning. I've heard others on the boards report that they have just called to ask and have sometimes been surprised.

I've had no major issues with Disney transportation either. In fact, I prefer not having to worry about it to having a car, needing to get gas, having to remember where I park etc.

So exciting to be planning, isn't it?!? :yay:

Yes it it C! When we went last year, Greg talked about wishing we hadn't driven and just taken Disney transportation. I didn't mind but then again, I was the navigator :rolleyes1 I just keep thinking about reports of missing ADR's because of long lines and standing room only buses. Of course, we are going at a slower time of year so maybe those cases are fewer!

I too would go for the extra day and not worry about a car. I have never had any problems with the buses and I also prefer not to drive when on vacation. I am flying in a day early and will stay at a hotel near the airport (shuttle to hotel) then hop back to the airport in the am for ME to AKV. :goodvibes

Hmm, :rolleyes: I hadn't thought about staying off site for a final night. I wonder what a taxi to a hotel near the airport would cost? The outgoing flight is quite early (and we're talking about a Saturday night so Disney hotel prices are higher)

I'm all for you going for longer if you can wing LOL!!! How exciting that you will be dining with MEK!! I'm so excited for you Katie!!!

I'm excited too! I'm really just going to leave the flight decision to Beth since flying Air Tran would require quite a bit more driving for her (almost 2 1/2 hours each way). I am waiting for one of those e-mails LL talked about offering even lower rates)

What a morning you had, Daniel!

Eating all that popcorn, playing pirate, getting a headache (what happened?), dancing around, rolling on the floor, wondering about things, and doing laundry...WOW!

Hope you guys have a good week at your house. I very much enjoyed five days off, but it's back to you-know-where tomorrow. :sad1:

Daniel actually had more on his to-do list but we reached our smilie limit :laughing:

I hope your transition back to work is a smooth one! I am starting back with a 1/2 day of subbing only (and thankfully, the second half!)

2ISUfans
11-30-2009, 09:29 AM
HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS, KATIE!!!

:flower3::cheer2::grouphug::dance3::yay::hug::wooh oo::cloud9::laughing::love::hippie::cutie::banana: :lovestruc:rotfl:;):rotfl2::thumbsup2:cool1::lmao: :goodvibes (that was for Daniel!)

Sorry I've been a bit busy with 26 Thanksgiving guests and many house guests, too.

Will call you in a bit.

Hope you have a terrific day!!!

Beth

manntra
11-30-2009, 09:37 AM
When I was over on another TR (xoktenox I think) she was going a day early and staying at La Quinta by the airport. Said there was a shuttle from the airport...I assume :laughing: it's free. In my mind it should be ;) Stay there for the night and take the shuttle back to airport to get Magical Express the next day. Sounded like a perfect idea to me and the room at La Quinta was only around 65. Allegiant flies out of a different airport about 45 minutes away but they only fly out on specific days and they don't coincide with the days of the week I needed for my DVC points.

Tracy

kschafer
11-30-2009, 06:18 PM
HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS, KATIE!!!

:flower3::cheer2::grouphug::dance3::yay::hug::wooh oo::cloud9::laughing::love::hippie::cutie::banana: :lovestruc:rotfl:;):rotfl2::thumbsup2:cool1::lmao: :goodvibes (that was for Daniel!)

Sorry I've been a bit busy with 26 Thanksgiving guests and many house guests, too.

Thanks Beth :hug: Love you!

I figured I hadn't heard from you because of the holiday, hope it was a good one!

When I was over on another TR (xoktenox I think) she was going a day early and staying at La Quinta by the airport. Said there was a shuttle from the airport...I assume :laughing: it's free. In my mind it should be ;) Stay there for the night and take the shuttle back to airport to get Magical Express the next day. Sounded like a perfect idea to me and the room at La Quinta was only around 65. Allegiant flies out of a different airport about 45 minutes away but they only fly out on specific days and they don't coincide with the days of the week I needed for my DVC points.

Tracy

Do you think ME would do the opposite? Take us to the airport the night before our flight then we could stay someplace cheap nearby?

If we decide not to Air Tran, we will go with Allegiant, yes they only fly 2 days a week but that works out fine for us (other than not arriving until 10:30 at night)

brookelizabeth
11-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Checking in! :goodvibes

I'm so excited for you!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Your plans are looking really great! I run into the Epcot heavy dining choices as well...there are just SO many good ones there! But even the commute on the monorail from MK to Epcot isn't bad, just a train transfer, it's pretty quick.

The flight decision is a tough one. However, you know you never ask a question like that on the DIS - you will get one answer:

Book the extra night. ;)

kschafer
11-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Checking in! :goodvibes

I'm so excited for you!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Your plans are looking really great! I run into the Epcot heavy dining choices as well...there are just SO many good ones there! But even the commute on the monorail from MK to Epcot isn't bad, just a train transfer, it's pretty quick.

The flight decision is a tough one. However, you know you never ask a question like that on the DIS - you will get one answer:

Book the extra night. ;)

Hey Brook, glad you found me over here! Do you think we all congregate here so we can be enabled?

Beth and I talked tonight and she is all for taking Air Tran :cool1: We will arrive at 3 in the afternoon instead of 10:30 at night and will take the Sunday morning return flight instead of Saturday afternoon!! We are going to wait a month or so and see if by chance we get an e-mail with a discount.

Luckily she feels like I do in this planning...if we can save $40, that's more appetizers and drinks :rolleyes1

2xcited2sleep
12-01-2009, 05:52 AM
Beth and I talked tonight and she is all for taking Air Tran :cool1: We will arrive at 3 in the afternoon instead of 10:30 at night and will take the Sunday morning return flight instead of Saturday afternoon!! We are going to wait a month or so and see if by chance we get an e-mail with a discount.

Luckily she feels like I do in this planning...if we can save $40, that's more appetizers and drinks :rolleyes1

:yay::yay: Hurrah! Now let's plan how to spend that $40! :laughing:

jenjolt
12-01-2009, 05:56 AM
YAY great plan Katie!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

MeMom
12-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Do you think we all congregate here so we can be enabled?
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Yes, and it is dangerous. ::yes::

Seven and a half hours more at arrival and a whole extra night at departure! :cool1:
Very nice. :)
Hanging out at Disney World as long as you can on Saturday and then staying cheaper at an off-site place may be a good idea. A few more dollars saved, since you know you are getting up really early anyway.

kschafer
12-01-2009, 05:27 PM
:yay::yay: Hurrah! Now let's plan how to spend that $40! :laughing:

How many Grey Goose is that? (or Lost on Safari, or champagne, or margaritas or... :rolleyes1)

YAY great plan Katie!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

:laughing: Just wait!!!!

Yes, and it is dangerous. ::yes::

Seven and a half hours more at arrival and a whole extra night at departure! :cool1:
Very nice. :)
Hanging out at Disney World as long as you can on Saturday and then staying cheaper at an off-site place may be a good idea. A few more dollars saved, since you know you are getting up really early anyway.

I'm starting to second guess the plan of staying offsite. Would it really be much cheaper to take a taxi and stay offsite? Depending on what deals Disney offers at the time, I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle of checking out/checking in :confused3 We have to settle our flight dilemmas before I start worrying about hotel.

So you know how CP has resort issues and LL has bag issues? I'm thinking my issue is flights!!!!

Beth and I talked last night and she was good with staying an extra night and her having to drive to Des Moines, she even said we could have her Dad drop us off/pick us up to avoid paying for parking. We decided to wait on buying plane tickets to see if we can get a slightly better deal. Well imagine my excitement when this morning I got one of the e-mail's LL mentioned offering lower rates on Air Tran :banana: I ran right over to their website to find that 1) the booking deal only goes into March. 2) the lowest flight between DSM and MCO was $139 each way and 3) none of them were direct.

So off I went to work today thinking we should just book the $99 each way they have now. After work I decided to look at the May dates and I see that unannounced they have dropped the price to $79 each way :cool1: :woohoo:

I went out to run a few errands, came home and checked my e-mail to find a message from Allegiant Air that starting in March, their Des Moines flights will arrive at MCO instead of Sanford. And they are pricing out at $78 each way.

This is all getting so confusing!!!

Flying Allegiant would come to about $23 more but take us back to 7 nights, saving the cost of an additional night of hotel. On the other hand, we would have to change our plans from a Sat to Sun stay to a Mon to Mon stay and therefore going back to evaluate our ADR's and park plans. :sad2:

MeMom
12-01-2009, 05:52 PM

So you know how CP has resort issues and LL has bag issues? I'm thinking my issue is flights!!!!

You guys all have issues?
No fair!
I want an issue, too! :banana:
As long as it's a Disney issue, that is. ;)
What can I stress over??? :laughing:

As for staying off-site, I agree; I'd do it if the money is a big factor. If it's not, then staying at a WDW resort all the way through makes things simpler.

kschafer
12-01-2009, 06:15 PM
You guys all have issues?
No fair!
I want an issue, too! :banana:
As long as it's a Disney issue, that is. ;)
What can I stress over??? :laughing:

You have a jealousy issue!! We are all jealous of you for getting to go so often ;)

MeMom
12-01-2009, 06:26 PM
You have a jealousy issue!! We are all jealous of you for getting to go so often :yes:

Well, then, I am thinking there better be another issue, because I am about to go through a long and very dry Disney drought.
Dry drought. Imagine that?!?!? :laughing:

After I have sung Auld Lang Syne
on the Poly beach to ring in 2010...

okay, let me rephrase that...

after I have listened to all the other Disers sing Auld Lang Syne on the Poly beach to ring in 2010...

I won't be back for a whole lotta months.
And I will be wilting away in sorrow as I wait for July.

Just the thought of it makes me cry. :sad1:

So I guess my issue is that I'm a Disney spoiled brat. :upsidedow
Give me one trip, and I think I have to have another and another and another!

Lady Lallie
12-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Oh man.

We all have our issues....except MeMom that is. :rotfl2:

I really don't know what you should do. Is that $23 figure including the rental car price?

2xcited2sleep
12-01-2009, 07:06 PM
What is my issue?? I want one too! ;) Hmmm... shall I have a champagne, a margarita, a grey goose slushie, a chardonnay, a cabernet... shall I go on? :laughing:

Well, whatever they may be, Disney issues are the best kinds of issues to have. ::yes::

Wish I had an answer for you. Think you just have to price out the options and then decide. If the delta is ~$23 or whatever it is, is that worth it or would you gladly pay that for the convenience of staying onsite or getting an extra afternoon or whatever the something might be.

At least that's how I try to think about things.

Wish I could be more helpful. :upsidedow

kschafer
12-02-2009, 07:18 AM
after I have listened to all the other Disers sing Auld Lang Syne on the Poly beach to ring in 2010...

I won't be back for a whole lotta months.
And I will be wilting away in sorrow as I wait for July.

Just the thought of it makes me cry. :sad1:

So I guess my issue is that I'm a Disney spoiled brat. :upsidedow
Give me one trip, and I think I have to have another and another and another!

Hmm :rolleyes: I love ya MeMom but a lot of us don't think of 7 months away is much of a drought :laughing: (Brat!)

Oh man.

We all have our issues....except MeMom that is. :rotfl2:

I really don't know what you should do. Is that $23 figure including the rental car price?

Since Allegiant is changing their flights to MCO instead of Sanford, a rental isn't required. If we could fly and have a rental for only $23 more, that would definitely be worth it!

What is my issue?? I want one too! ;) Hmmm... shall I have a champagne, a margarita, a grey goose slushie, a chardonnay, a cabernet... shall I go on? :laughing:

Well, whatever they may be, Disney issues are the best kinds of issues to have. ::yes::

Who are you fooling? Since when do you choose ;) The other day Beth said she read one of my comments about alcohol being a separate must-do category. She said she laughed and knew we were going to have a great time on this trip :rotfl2:

Flights booked!!

Beth and I talked last night and went over the options. It came down to which airlines offered the better flight times. Allegiant has late flights both ways so although our last day would be longer, we wouldn't arrive until 10 at night. Also, we would have to fly on Friday or Monday and we already made our ADR's around a weekend arrival/departure

We decided to take Air Tran's earlier flight which will get us there about 3 in the afternoon on Saturday so we will still be able to hit a park on arrival day :cool1: We also decided since we got such a great deal on the tickets ($180 each after all the taxes and fees) that we would add an 8th night and leave on Sunday morning. We will still be home by 10 in the morning and get to spend Mother's Day with our kids :hug:

Flights...Check!
ADR's...Check!
Come on Disney, waiting to see what great deal you have for us on resorts!!

Lady Lallie
12-02-2009, 07:38 AM
WOO HOO!! I am so excited that you booked your flights. I think I would have gone with that option too.

So where are you thinking of staying!?! :yay:

MeMom
12-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Hmm :rolleyes: I love ya MeMom but a lot of us don't think of 7 months away is much of a drought :laughing: (Brat!)

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I know. I have a DISease. :sick:
It is very sad, and I have it bad. :sad2:
I'm not sure if there is a cure.
I think there is not. :upsidedow

It was that year we went 5-6 times that did me in.
For some reason, I now think that is normal! :crazy2:

kschafer
12-02-2009, 02:58 PM
WOO HOO!! I am so excited that you booked your flights. I think I would have gone with that option too.

So where are you thinking of staying!?! :yay:

I am SO excited!! :woohoo:

Well, my dream resort for theming is Wilderness Lodge. It just feels like ME :cloud9: My dream for location and ammenties is Beach Club (hello...stormalong bay, Beaches and Cream, and Christine's private entrance!) But unless Disney offers one heck of a deal, I think Deluxe will probably be out (and with 3 fri/sat nights, I think even renting DVC points will be too much)

My first non-deluxe choice is Coronado Springs but if it comes down to saving big bucks, I think we will be happy at POP. Beth said she got as far as looking at resort names and decided I knew what I was doing!

I know. I have a DISease. :sick:
It is very sad, and I have it bad. :sad2:
I'm not sure if there is a cure.
I think there is not. :upsidedow

Poor MeMom! :sick:

manntra
12-02-2009, 03:26 PM
:woohoo: on the flights....I don't like making them that far out in advance but I don't think there will be a better deal coming along---for either of us! ::yes::

Can't wait to see what you come up with for your resort. And when you do if you will come down with a case of resortitis. :sick: ;)

Tracy

Charleston Princess
12-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Yes, resort decisions are definitely my issue -- I will admit it. :laughing:

So glad you booked your flights!!! :banana:

kschafer
12-02-2009, 09:43 PM
:woohoo: on the flights....I don't like making them that far out in advance but I don't think there will be a better deal coming along---for either of us! ::yes::

Can't wait to see what you come up with for your resort. And when you do if you will come down with a case of resortitis. :sick: ;)

Have you booked your flight? We figured that a better price may come out but it won't be anytime in the near future and I was done obsessing over it! 180 is better than I was hoping for when I started this so I am happy :teeth:

I really don't think I will be plagued by resort doubts. If Disney comes out with a good deal (like extending the 4/3 deal or even free dining) we will go with Coronado. Carribean Beach doesn't appeal a lot to me and Port Orleans has those creepy alligators around which I don't want to look at every day :sad2: I will be very content with the lake and fountains of CSR.

If the deal isn't as big (room only discount) we will price them out and if a moderate is too high, we will go with POP. All-stars just don't quite do it for me. We will be OK as long as we can get in on one of the fridge/coffee maker exchanges. We both feel very strongly about our morning coffee!!

kschafer
12-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Yes, resort decisions are definitely my issue -- I will admit it. :laughing:

So glad you booked your flights!!! :banana:

:rotfl2: See note above, I'm fairly certain resort decisions will not be my plague!

Thanks for :banana: with me. I almost have a touring plan worked out so stay tuned!

brookelizabeth
12-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Despite it giving you an issue and some big decisions to make, airline price wars ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope we have one in MSP at some point!!

I think you made a great decision, love that you added on a night :goodvibes - and what a GREAT RATE! :thumbsup2 :yay:

I come to the DIS for education, not to be enabled. Nope, not enabled one bit! :rotfl::lmao: ;)

:laughing: I so wish I could say that! Three times this year was a DREAM!!

It will be strange to not have a MeMom TR going if you happen to finish it before July....

2xcited2sleep
12-03-2009, 05:21 AM
You are cruising right along on this PTR! Yippee!! Fingers crossed for your resort deal. I heard that the current bounceback deal is 40% off deluxe for most nights in 2010 so I'm optimistic that something will come your way! Or you could always make a quick trip in Dec so that you get the discount for next year... how's that for fuzzy Disney math/enabling?? ;)

jenjolt
12-03-2009, 05:29 AM
So I'm going to guess I have a Haunted Mansion issue....is that safe to say???? Because I really would like some sort of Disney isssue (although it might be safe to say I'm a bit crazy asking or literally begging that we find me a Disney issue LOL)!!!

YAY for flights being booked!! Now I'm just going to cross my fingers for you and the resort picking that must be done LOL!!!!! I am excited to see what you end up deciding!!!!!

LOL...to MeMom having a DISease LOL!! That is too funny!!!! I think it might be contagious!!

MEK
12-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Again, I am several days and several pages behind, but congrats on getting your flights. $180 sounds like a great price to me. I can usually get $155 and below from PHL or BWI, so I am still patiently waiting. :rolleyes1 Actually, I don't feel that patient at all.

I am glad your trip is getting longer instead of shorter! That is the way to go!

Looking forward to reading more about the resort decision. Maybe a split stay. I know you really want to stay at WL....maybe a couple of nights???? Of course, you are welcome to come over for a visit, chill at the pool, a couple of cocktails, some more enabling! :rolleyes1

manntra
12-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Yup....enabling is good...:laughing:
I did book my flights Katie and it was $265 which is actually good for me! :upsidedow I could drive to Philadelphia but then I would have to pay for parking or if it was early, a hotel room for the previous night....so not worth it to me. Sue, my friend that is going with me will have her husband drop us off.
This is going to be such a fun trip!! :woohoo:

Tracy

p.s. As I type this at work my tv is tuned into the Travel Channel with the past 2 1/2 hours being all Disney :yay:

kschafer
12-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Despite it giving you an issue and some big decisions to make, airline price wars ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope we have one in MSP at some point!!

It will be strange to not have a MeMom TR going if you happen to finish it before July....

wishing you a airfare battle!!! I went in thinking i would be happy if I could get airfare under $250 so I am REALLY happy! :thumbsup2

Hey, you know MeMom...she is still on her July trip and had the October trip to go. At this rate, we won't have much drought between NYE and next summer!

You are cruising right along on this PTR! Yippee!! Fingers crossed for your resort deal. I heard that the current bounceback deal is 40% off deluxe for most nights in 2010 so I'm optimistic that something will come your way! Or you could always make a quick trip in Dec so that you get the discount for next year... how's that for fuzzy Disney math/enabling?? ;)

That may be about the fuzziest Disney math I have heard yet! :laughing:

So I'm going to guess I have a Haunted Mansion issue....is that safe to say???? Because I really would like some sort of Disney isssue (although it might be safe to say I'm a bit crazy asking or literally begging that we find me a Disney issue LOL)!!!

See, I would have said your issue is PARKING!! :upsidedow

Again, I am several days and several pages behind, but congrats on getting your flights. $180 sounds like a great price to me. I can usually get $155 and below from PHL or BWI, so I am still patiently waiting. :rolleyes1 Actually, I don't feel that patient at all.

I am glad your trip is getting longer instead of shorter! That is the way to go!

Looking forward to reading more about the resort decision. Maybe a split stay. I know you really want to stay at WL....maybe a couple of nights???? Of course, you are welcome to come over for a visit, chill at the pool, a couple of cocktails, some more enabling! :rolleyes1

I really just wanted to get it booked so it felt real. I am resisting the urge to check on rate changes...I don't really want to know if they go down but I would love to know if they go up

I would love WL but have a hard time thinking about paying double the cost of a moderate :scared:

Yup....enabling is good...:laughing:
I did book my flights Katie and it was $265 which is actually good for me! :upsidedow I could drive to Philadelphia but then I would have to pay for parking or if it was early, a hotel room for the previous night....so not worth it to me. Sue, my friend that is going with me will have her husband drop us off.
This is going to be such a fun trip!! :woohoo:

Tracy

p.s. As I type this at work my tv is tuned into the Travel Channel with the past 2 1/2 hours being all Disney :yay:

Soon I'll start with our park plan and we'll have to see about a Dis meet!

Where are you staying? (I can't remember if you have said)

:headache: I missed Disney on the Travel Channel?

Well, out of curiosity I decided to call WDW booking and ask if there is a PIN code attached to my name and sure enough...THERE IS!!!

It's the 20/30/40 room only deal (20% off value, 30% off moderate, 40% off deluxe) The price difference between the value and moderate comes out to about $40/night and at first I thought that would push me toward POP but I really want to stay CSR and since I don't get to go more than every couple years, I think I would rather pay a little more and stay where I will be happy!

The PIN code booking date goes into next December, so I have plenty of time to wait for a better deal (still hoping an extension of the 4/3) and know this will be there if not!

jenjolt
12-03-2009, 01:55 PM
wishing you a airfare battle!!! I went in thinking i would be happy if I could get airfare under $250 so I am REALLY happy! :thumbsup2

Hey, you know MeMom...she is still on her July trip and had the October trip to go. At this rate, we won't have much drought between NYE and next summer!

That may be about the fuzziest Disney math I have heard yet! :laughing:

See, I would have said your issue is PARKING!! :upsidedow

I really just wanted to get it booked so it felt real. I am resisting the urge to check on rate changes...I don't really want to know if they go down but I would love to know if they go up

I would love WL but have a hard time thinking about paying double the cost of a moderate :scared:

Soon I'll start with our park plan and we'll have to see about a Dis meet!

Where are you staying? (I can't remember if you have said)

:headache: I missed Disney on the Travel Channel?

Well, out of curiosity I decided to call WDW booking and ask if there is a PIN code attached to my name and sure enough...THERE IS!!!

It's the 20/30/40 room only deal (20% off value, 30% off moderate, 40% off deluxe) The price difference between the value and moderate comes out to about $40/night and at first I thought that would push me toward POP but I really want to stay CSR and since I don't get to go more than every couple years, I think I would rather pay a little more and stay where I will be happy!

The PIN code booking date goes into next December, so I have plenty of time to wait for a better deal (still hoping an extension of the 4/3) and know this will be there if not!

Very nice to have a pin code attached...that is awesome!! I guess I should call and see if I have one for October LOL!!!! Still a good deal either way if you are looking to have a reduced price!!!! CSR will be very nice!!!!!!

manntra
12-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Katie,

We are staying at AKV Kidani. I am in a Kidani rut and can't get out :laughing:

Maybe I will stay somewhere different next time. :rolleyes1 I will have to start planning another trip soon enough...I like to always have one lurking in the background! :laughing:

It was all repeats on the Travel Channel...2 Samantha Brown specials and another one....I have them all on my DVR but it's fun to have it on at work to see some :sad2: ;)

Tracy

Lady Lallie
12-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Hey Katie, that's awesome that there is a pin code attached to your name!

You know though....if you have your heart set on CSR that you should book that room with the pin code to make sure that you have it for your dates. Not all deals are available for every resort/dates and you might have better luck if you already have a room. Does that make sense?

kschafer
12-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Very nice to have a pin code attached...that is awesome!! I guess I should call and see if I have one for October LOL!!!! Still a good deal either way if you are looking to have a reduced price!!!! CSR will be very nice!!!!!!

Hey, it never hurts to call and ask!

Katie,

We are staying at AKV Kidani. I am in a Kidani rut and can't get out :laughing:

It was all repeats on the Travel Channel...2 Samantha Brown specials and another one....I have them all on my DVR but it's fun to have it on at work to see some :sad2: ;)

I was just looking at our park plan and thought on the day we go from Epcot to AK, we should take the resort bus to AKL so I can see it (and have a chance to try the zebra domes :rolleyes:)

Travel Channel repeated the shows in the afternoon/evening so I did get to see them :banana:

Hey Katie, that's awesome that there is a pin code attached to your name!

You know though....if you have your heart set on CSR that you should book that room with the pin code to make sure that you have it for your dates. Not all deals are available for every resort/dates and you might have better luck if you already have a room. Does that make sense?

Yeah, that makes sense. I sent Beth some links to threads with pics/info so she could see the resort and let me know if she likes it. If she does, I may just call back and book it at the 30% discount.

jenjolt
12-04-2009, 10:46 AM
LOL Katie...I totally missed it...but you are so right my issue is so Parking...I wonder what fun Leslie and I will get ourselves into this trip with the parking lots LOL!!!

I can even get lost in an empty parking lot...LOL yes its sad but true LOL

MeMom
12-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I was just looking at our park plan and thought on the day we go from Epcot to AK, we should take the resort bus to AKL so I can see it (and have a chance to try the zebra domes :rolleyes:)

Yes! :yay:

And shop at Zawadi. :)

kschafer
12-05-2009, 01:42 PM
LOL Katie...I totally missed it...but you are so right my issue is so Parking...I wonder what fun Leslie and I will get ourselves into this trip with the parking lots LOL!!!

I can even get lost in an empty parking lot...LOL yes its sad but true LOL

I don't know whether to :sad2: or :rotfl2:

Yes! :yay:

And shop at Zawadi. :)

Of this I am certain, I will never match up to the MeMom's shopping standard but if it will help you get through your drought, I will bring home some pics for you!

kschafer
12-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Making a park plan basically worked around a few considerations. MK is my favorite park, followed closely by Epcot and DHS. I like AK but it is the park I work in vs. work around.

Beth and I both love parades and fireworks so I made sure they are all represented throughout the week

Park Hoppers are going to be a must with all our Epcot ADR's so we may as well get our money worth!

Saturday, May 1

Arrive MCO 3:05 PM
Take Magical Express to resort
Go to DHS, Fantasmic @ 9:00

We don't have any ADR's for this day, I figure we will pick up CS at the resort since we will probably be hungry, then head out to DHS.

Sunday, May 2

DHS for rope drop, staying through Block Party Bash
Boat to Epcot for dinner @ Biergarten (5:05)
Monorail to MK for Spectromagic @ 9, Wishes @ 10 and PM EMH until 1 (if we make it that long!)

Monday, May 3

MK @ rope drop, staying through the afternoon parade
Boat to WL for dinner @ Whispering Canyon (6:10)
Relaxing evening or we are are up to it, we could head to Epcot for Illuminations @ 9:00

Tuesday, May 4

Epcot for AM EMH
Hop to AK, Parade 3:45, park is open only until 5
Back to resort to change for dinner
Dinner @ CA Grill (7:20), wishes @ 9:00

Wednesday, May 5

Epcot morning
Lunch @ Teppan Edo (1:30)
Hop to AK for PM EMH until 8 (stop at AKL for zebra domes)

Thursday, May 6

MK for AM EMH
Open afternoon (hop to DHS or AK, visit DTD)
Dinner at Ohana with MEK (6:20)

Friday, May 7

All day @ Epcot
Afternoon swim break at resort
Dinner @ Rose & Crown (7:50), Illuminations @ 9:00

Saturday, May 8

Orginally I just left this open because I thought we would fly out this afternoon. Since we decided to add another night, I am struggling... We had made a breakfast ADR @ 1900 park fare and a lunch ADR @ Chefs. Then I added a dinner ADR @ Tutto and figured we would just pick the one we want the most BUT...

it will have been several days since visiting DHS and it is AM EMH so a good chance for one last time around there, I also want to go to DTD for some treats to take home AND it just doesn't feel right leaving without going to MK on the last day Sooooooo...I'm thinking of scrapping the 3 ADR's because none of them fit in well with these thoughts:

AM EMH @ DHS
DTD for final souvenirs/treats
MK with Specto and Wishes, open until 11:00

I was thinking that this would be a great night if they extend the dessert party and we could do a lunch ADR at DHS or DTD. Otherwise, perhaps we'll have dinner near MK (I loved Kona last time or we could do Grand Floridian Cafe since that's the only MK area hotel we won't have visited yet)

Sunday, May 9

Take Magical Express to Airport
Departure 8:50 AM

What do you think?

Charleston Princess
12-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Wow! You are going to be busy, busy, busy with all that park hopping. You will sleep for days after you come back from all that fun!

kschafer
12-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Wow! You are going to be busy, busy, busy with all that park hopping. You will sleep for days after you come back from all that fun!

That is one of my concerns! We decided that we would plan things out but leave ourselves open to changing things around as we are feeling them at the moment. (Hopefully neither of us will pull a Charles though ;) )

2xcited2sleep
12-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I love that you have a plan already! :goodvibes It looks great. Cali Grill and R&C for fireworks fun! :cloud9: I say go with your gut on your last day and roll with whatever you want to do. If it won't feel right without saying goodbye at the MK and hitting Goofy's Candy Co in Downtown then go for it! Kona or GFC would be great. I also hear nice things about The Wave in the Contemporary.

SO excited for your trip!! :yay:

Charleston Princess
12-05-2009, 03:13 PM
That is one of my concerns! We decided that we would plan things out but leave ourselves open to changing things around as we are feeling them at the moment. (Hopefully neither of us will pull a Charles though ;) )

I don't think that is possible for anyone but Charles! :rotfl:

jenjolt
12-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Love your plans Katie!! You will definitely be on the go but I find that you always have more energy at Disney LOL!!

kschafer
12-06-2009, 08:21 AM
I love that you have a plan already! :goodvibes It looks great. Cali Grill and R&C for fireworks fun! :cloud9: I say go with your gut on your last day and roll with whatever you want to do. If it won't feel right without saying goodbye at the MK and hitting Goofy's Candy Co in Downtown then go for it! Kona or GFC would be great. I also hear nice things about The Wave in the Contemporary.

SO excited for your trip!! :yay:

Tracy also recommended The Wave but I just can't pinpoint what on the menu doesn't appeal to me. I'm leaning toward GFC just because I have never visited the GF and they have a dessert sampler that sounds divine :cloud9: I think I will pencil in that plan for Saturday and like the other days; just say if we aren't feeling it, we make other plans, no biggie!

I definitely need to hit Goofy's this day because my boys will forgive me for leaving them if I bring home some dipped marshmallows :lmao:

I don't think that is possible for anyone but Charles! :rotfl:

As long as I don't get the stomach bug again I won't plan on spending a lot of time at the resort :upsidedow (although I noticed the pool bar at CSR serves buffalo chicken sandwiches, I may have to make a point to have one of those with a drink one afternoon)

Love your plans Katie!! You will definitely be on the go but I find that you always have more energy at Disney LOL!!

I'm hoping so!

Lady Lallie
12-06-2009, 09:05 AM
I love your plans, Katie. They look great. :thumbsup2

I'd be sure to fit in MK on your last day, it's hard not to go there on my last day too.

kschafer
12-08-2009, 09:36 AM
I just came back from the grocery store and picked up a couple things for our trip!

they had a deal where if you bought a package of chinet plates, you got a package of the disposable coffee cups with lids AND a 2 lb bag of coffee for free! I have no immediate need for the plates but the cups and coffee will be coming to Disney with me :) Now I'll be able to make some good coffee in the morning, drink it on the bus and not have to carry a cup around the rest of the day!

I still have to figure out if there is an easy way to get a few groceries. All I think I will really want is some diet pepsi (there is no way I will make it a week on coke alone!), some creamer for my coffee and maybe some water bottles. I would also consider maybe some bagels and cream cheese but I'm not sure it would be worth the delivery fee for garden grocer for so few items. I'm sure I can pick up most of the items on site for not much more.

Can you purchase Pepsi products anywhere in "the world"?

Charleston Princess
12-09-2009, 06:48 AM
I have never seen Pepsi products there (but then we don't drink them -- Atlanta is the home of Coca-Cola, so we tend to be big Coke drinkers :laughing:).

Lady Lallie
12-09-2009, 06:56 AM
I don't remember seeing Pepsi products but then again I don't look for them. :confused3

brookelizabeth
12-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Your plans are looking really great! I like your idea of doing MK on that last night, it always seems like the best way to finish a trip. And the Dessert Party...:cloud9: I hope it gets extended for you!!!

(although I noticed the pool bar at CSR serves buffalo chicken sandwiches, I may have to make a point to have one of those with a drink one afternoon)

And it's a pretty tasty buffalo chicken sandwich! ::yes::

Can you purchase Pepsi products anywhere in "the world"?

I don't know for sure, but PERHAPS the Swan/Dolphin since they truly aren't Disney properties?

kschafer
12-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Your plans are looking really great! I like your idea of doing MK on that last night, it always seems like the best way to finish a trip. And the Dessert Party...:cloud9: I hope it gets extended for you!!!

I think wishes and a final pigout on yummy desserts sounds about perfect for a final night :cloud9:

I have never seen Pepsi products there (but then we don't drink them -- Atlanta is the home of Coca-Cola, so we tend to be big Coke drinkers :laughing:).

I don't remember seeing Pepsi products but then again I don't look for them. :confused3

I don't know for sure, but PERHAPS the Swan/Dolphin since they truly aren't Disney properties?

I figured I would ask about pepsi products on another forum. I got some pretty funny responses to say the least!! :rotfl2:

In case you are at all interested:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34635086#post34635086

manntra
12-11-2009, 04:11 PM
:rotfl: I just read your Pepsi post :rotfl:
Sorry, not a Pepsi fan here so I was really cracking up at some of the posts!
It is rare that I drink soda but when I do it is Coke or Diet Dr Pepper.
When I am at Disney I always drink iced tea (not sweet though :crazy2:) unless I am in France and you know what is good there! :laughing:

Tracy

kschafer
12-11-2009, 04:49 PM
:rotfl: I just read your Pepsi post :rotfl:
Sorry, not a Pepsi fan here so I was really cracking up at some of the posts!
It is rare that I drink soda but when I do it is Coke or Diet Dr Pepper.
When I am at Disney I always drink iced tea (not sweet though :crazy2:) unless I am in France and you know what is good there! :laughing:

Tracy

I almost responded to the guy who said I should just drink water something like
1) I only drink Diet Pepsi, no sugar, just chemically produced sweetners
OR
2) You are right, pop is full of junk, I should just stick with alcohol

:lmao:

Lady Lallie
12-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Coke Zero is pretty much everywhere in Disney, Katie. So if you like that then you might have an option there. :confused3

jenjolt
12-12-2009, 08:02 AM
LOL...sticking with the alcohol...okay that was just laugh out loud funny!!!!!

MEK
12-12-2009, 11:01 AM
I think your plans look great and I am very excited for our dinner. I will pm you the confirmation number as we get closer. Plus I still have to cancel the other ADR I made. I really should call on Monday and do that. I made one under Denny's name and one under my name. Then I sort-of forgot about it. My bad!

I have been toying with this crazy idea of taking a January trip because I can get an AP rate of $49.20 at ASMU, but I woke up this morning with a more brillant plan. I am definately leaning more towards arriving Saturday evening by myself. I will let you know if that happens because maybe we could meet sometime on Sunday while I'm waiting for the rest of the crew to arrive.

I can't believe we are under 5 months now!!!!!! :woohoo:

kschafer
12-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Coke Zero is pretty much everywhere in Disney, Katie. So if you like that then you might have an option there. :confused3

I think I've had it at my parents house and thought it was OK. I'll have to try again. It certainly would be easier to just buy the few groceries we need at the resort and get a refill mug for drinks at the hotel.

LOL...sticking with the alcohol...okay that was just laugh out loud funny!!!!!

Seriously...people sure had serious opinions on my question! I think the attractions board is full of good info but lots of people sure get worked up quickly (I actually saw a post on a different thread where someone called Robo some nasty names and got a lot of backlash for it. When I clicked to the next page, the posts had been reordered and the offensive ones deleted!)

I think your plans look great and I am very excited for our dinner. I will pm you the confirmation number as we get closer. Plus I still have to cancel the other ADR I made. I really should call on Monday and do that. I made one under Denny's name and one under my name. Then I sort-of forgot about it. My bad!

I have been toying with this crazy idea of taking a January trip because I can get an AP rate of $49.20 at ASMU, but I woke up this morning with a more brillant plan. I am definately leaning more towards arriving Saturday evening by myself. I will let you know if that happens because maybe we could meet sometime on Sunday while I'm waiting for the rest of the crew to arrive.

I can't believe we are under 5 months now!!!!!! :woohoo:

I'm really excited too!! I can't decide if I want to try to lose some weight before this trip so I have "room to grow" when the time comes or if I should just stay "in training" until then :rotfl2:

Sorry a January trip hasn't seemed to work out for you but that would be so cool if you came early. We'll be doing the TSMM dash on Sunday morning!

kschafer
12-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Once upon a time, when Beth and I were freshman in high school, we were friends with a guy who was a senior and in theater and jazz chorus with us. Years later, he ended up finding a job in Disney entertainment. I haven't talked to him in person in a LONG time but we are friends on facebook. I sent him a message the other day letting him know that we are coming and he sent me a message back that he would love to get together and catch up sometime that week!

I'm so excited for this trip :banana:

He typically works behind the scenes but says he occasionally gets to "play dress-up", usually as 1/2 of Chip and Dale. I would :love: it if he were in costume sometime while we are there. Wouldn't it be fun to have a picture knowing it was him in there!

brookelizabeth
12-16-2009, 09:08 AM
I think wishes and a final pigout on yummy desserts sounds about perfect for a final night :cloud9:

I figured I would ask about pepsi products on another forum. I got some pretty funny responses to say the least!! :rotfl2:

In case you are at all interested:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34635086#post34635086

Oh yes, the final pigout on yummy desserts IS perfect for your final night! I'm sure you'll love it!!!! :thumbsup2

The Pepsi thread is funny! Some people are getting quite defensive about it all, you'd think you would have brought up the "reuse or buy new mug" topic. ;) I do like the idea of buying at the airport, but it might add up to be more expensive than delivery, plus veryyyy heavy!

I almost responded to the guy who said I should just drink water something like
1) I only drink Diet Pepsi, no sugar, just chemically produced sweetners
OR
2) You are right, pop is full of junk, I should just stick with alcohol

:lmao:

:rotfl2: Oh that would have been GOOD.

Once upon a time, when Beth and I were freshman in high school, we were friends with a guy who was a senior and in theater and jazz chorus with us. Years later, he ended up finding a job in Disney entertainment. I haven't talked to him in person in a LONG time but we are friends on facebook. I sent him a message the other day letting him know that we are coming and he sent me a message back that he would love to get together and catch up sometime that week!

He typically works behind the scenes but says he occasionally gets to "play dress-up", usually as 1/2 of Chip and Dale. I would :love: it if he were in costume sometime while we are there. Wouldn't it be fun to have a picture knowing it was him in there!

That's awesome!!!!!!

MEK
12-19-2009, 09:40 PM

Oh - that does sound like fun! I love Chip n Dale and it would be cool to know that character is your high school friend.

MeMom
12-20-2009, 03:31 PM

That is very cool. I went to high school with Barry Cook, who directed Mulan and has worked on many Disney films and projects. He is the co-director, of a new one that is coming out in 2011, I believe. He was a bit younger than I was, and I didn't know him know him, not enough to touch base with him. I sure do think it would be super cool to see what all he's been doing and see some behind the scenes stuff at Disney, though. I should have looked into the crystal ball to see his future and befriended him a little more way back then! :laughing:

I hope you do get to catch up with him and get to see some cool Disney secret stuff maybe. :thumbsup2

kschafer
12-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh yes, the final pigout on yummy desserts IS perfect for your final night! I'm sure you'll love it!!!! :thumbsup2

I haven't heard if they are extending the dessert party or not, I think the last ones planned are coming up soon :confused3

The Pepsi thread is funny! Some people are getting quite defensive about it all, you'd think you would have brought up the "reuse or buy new mug" topic. ;) I do like the idea of buying at the airport, but it might add up to be more expensive than delivery, plus veryyyy heavy!

I know! Seriously people, you need to chill out! :laughing: I doubt I will bother with garden grocer but I will by dying by the end of the week!

Oh - that does sound like fun! I love Chip n Dale and it would be cool to know that character is your high school friend.

Totally! Even if not, it will be great to catch up with him and find out exactly how he ended up there!

That is very cool. I went to high school with Barry Cook, who directed Mulan and has worked on many Disney films and projects. He is the co-director, of a new one that is coming out in 2011, I believe. He was a bit younger than I was, and I didn't know him know him, not enough to touch base with him. I sure do think it would be super cool to see what all he's been doing and see some behind the scenes stuff at Disney, though. I should have looked into the crystal ball to see his future and befriended him a little more way back then! :laughing:

I hope you do get to catch up with him and get to see some cool Disney secret stuff maybe. :thumbsup2

That is so cool! I know I have found it really interesting to reconnect with people from high school and see what they have "grown up" to become. Our 20 year reunion is coming up this summer and I am actually looking forward to finding out more about where people ended up.

I am totally not expecting anything when we meet in WDW but secretly I'm hoping for a little extra pixie dust of some kind *SHHH* don't tell!

So I really don't know how I am going to sleep tonight! Today is the last day to book the 4/3 deal and rumor has it the next deal that will be good through the end of May will be released. It is said they will be offering a gift card with stay but of course exactly how much (less for values, more for mods and even more for deluxe) and whether it will be combined with a room discount is yet unkown. I have spent the day going over the different rumors, plugging them into a spreadsheet with different options and trying to figure out what we should do. I just feel like we will want to act fast but really can't make a decision until the details are released.

Too bad I have to work tomorrow! I'm wishing we had this entire week off like so many schools do but we have 2 more days and I am subbing both. I guess I will get up early enough to find out what the deal is, call Beth during my lunch/planning time and hopefully have a booking by dinner time.

wish me luck!

ILuvCrush
12-20-2009, 10:08 PM
good luck!!

YOu could always book with the current deal... then switch it if the new one is better..... That way you won't miss out if it's not...

P

2xcited2sleep
12-21-2009, 05:50 AM
Wishing you luck! Let us know what the new deal is... sounds intriguing!

Adding- just checked out your Pepsi thread. :laughing: Sometimes the DIS is a funny place! I used Garden Grocer in Sept/Oct and couldn't have been more pleased with the service. I can't recall how much the delivery fee was but in terms of service I thought it worked really well!

Charleston Princess
12-21-2009, 07:15 AM
Good luck today! I read that about the new discount being released, but it doesn't include our dates (any of the three sets :laughing:). I hope you are able to book today -- that would be very exciting!

Lady Lallie
12-21-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm sending good discount mojo your way! :wizard:

manntra
12-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Good luck with your booking pixiedust:
Can't wait to see how you made out!

Tracy

Charleston Princess
12-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Did you book? Did you book? :hyper::hyper:

kschafer
12-21-2009, 09:45 PM
good luck!!

YOu could always book with the current deal... then switch it if the new one is better..... That way you won't miss out if it's not...

I think I've figured out the best deal available at the moment...we'll see what time brings :rolleyes1

Wishing you luck! Let us know what the new deal is... sounds intriguing!

Adding- just checked out your Pepsi thread. :laughing: Sometimes the DIS is a funny place! I used Garden Grocer in Sept/Oct and couldn't have been more pleased with the service. I can't recall how much the delivery fee was but in terms of service I thought it worked really well!

I'm going to have to go back and look again to see if it would be worth bothering with (and how much my pepsi addiction will hurt!)

Good luck today! I read that about the new discount being released, but it doesn't include our dates (any of the three sets :laughing:). I hope you are able to book today -- that would be very exciting!

One of your possible dates will work out. In the meantime, you can just play with all your resort options ;)

I'm sending good discount mojo your way! :wizard:

Keep reading...

Good luck with your booking pixiedust:
Can't wait to see how you made out!

Read on...

Did you book? Did you book? :hyper::hyper:

Drumroll please...

did I book? Well...sort of.

The deal released today was for when you book a full-priced 5 night resort/ticket package, you get a gift card that can be used for just about anything (food, tips, souvies, spa treatments, future trips, etc ) The amount on the gift card depends on the level of resort ($300 for values, $500 for mods, $750 for deluxe)

Beth and I talked and basically to go up to a mod from a value is about $400 more but you get $200 more on the gift card so we figured that was a pretty decent deal so we are going with CSR :cool1:

Since the gift card deal requires a 5 night stay, we are booking the first 5 nights with the dining plan and the last 3 nights as room-only using my 30% off pin code. We will then be able to use the gift card to pay for meals the second part of the trip.

So why haven't I booked? Some of you know Dawn from the Dis (Punkin) and she is now working on the side with a travel agency. At first I figured I would just let her book it for me and let her get some of the commission. She went ahead a put a ressie on hold for me awaiting a down payment.

BUT at one point today I was on a thread where someone mentioned they are getting an additional $100 gift card for booking with their travel agent. They did provide the name of the company. On the phone tonight, I asked Dawn (who has the cutest accent BTW!) if this was who she worked for and she said no but that if I wanted to go with them to get the better deal, she would totally understand and since this isn't her full-time work, it wouldn't hurt her feelings if I did (aww, thanks Dawn!)

SO, I have a ressie awaiting a down payment but will wait until tomorrow to see if this other travel agent can get me the deal with the additional $$$!

WOO HOO!!! :woohoo:

brookelizabeth
12-22-2009, 08:39 AM
:yay: for half booked! :laughing:

Just curious...can you use the gift card toward your room? So, it's basically like a $500 discount on your room?

kschafer
12-22-2009, 11:59 AM
:yay: for half booked! :laughing:

Just curious...can you use the gift card toward your room? So, it's basically like a $500 discount on your room?

You are not allowed to apply the gift card toward the current package (room, tickets or dining including upgrades because I thought about getting the non-park hoppers than upgrading but I can't) BUT you can save it to pay for a future trip if wanted. There is no expiration and really very few limitations (I saw that they could even be used for BBB or spa treatments :rolleyes:)

Lady Lallie
12-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Congrats on being half booked!! I am so happy for you! It's a great deal...I thought about it for two seconds and then thought better of it.

kschafer
12-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Congrats on being half booked!! I am so happy for you! It's a great deal...I thought about it for two seconds and then thought better of it.

well...you say that but experience says I should take that statement with a grain of salt :lmao:

Officially Booked!!!! :banana:

thanks to Dawn's/Punkin's understanding, we are booked and will be getting an extra $100 gift card from a travel agency. I never planned on using one but how could I turn down the offer? I'm sure I was an easy client for them! (Know exactly what I want, no help with ADR's or plans)

SO here's what is official now:

Flying in Saturday May 1, ME to CSR
Check in with 5 night package, 8 day park hoppers and dining plan
May 6, check out and check back in on 3 night room only ressie (30% off baby!)

I am torn about changing dining to 5 nights. Overall I think it will be a good thing. As much as I would love to eat out everyday, I think being able to take a couple breaks will be good for us. We will look over our ADR's again but may decide not to change any of them and leave it up to "mood" when the time comes

I told Greg that I booked and told him how much it came to. We had talked about a budget for this trip and I am about $25 over. I then explained that I will have $300 in spending money (I had planned on using only the $200 we have earned on our Disney Visa). He informed me that was acceptable as long as I bring him home an Indiana Jones hat :laughing:

I have the news on and am watching the meteorologists try to predict what this storm coming is going to do. The freeze line will be right over Iowa and exactly where it falls will determine how much rain/ice/snow we get. I'm really glad we are going in May! (here's hoping Brook gets out for her trip!)

Lady Lallie
12-22-2009, 07:43 PM
WOO HOO on being booked! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

manntra
12-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Yay! That's a great deal Katie :) First you did your ADR's then the flight and now your resort! Haha you were making me nervous! ;) Definitley worth the wait! :)

Charleston Princess
12-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeay for being booked!!! :banana:

brookelizabeth
12-23-2009, 12:12 AM
You are not allowed to apply the gift card toward the current package (room, tickets or dining including upgrades because I thought about getting the non-park hoppers than upgrading but I can't) BUT you can save it to pay for a future trip if wanted. There is no expiration and really very few limitations (I saw that they could even be used for BBB or spa treatments :rolleyes:)

Ah, bummer! Makes sense though.

I like your way of paying for you meals with it on your last 3 days. :thumbsup2

Congratulations on being booked!!!! I hope you love CSR, it really is a beautiful resort and the rooms are very nice.

I laughed out loud at your DH's Indiana Jones hat comment! :laughing:

Thank you for the well wishes on the flight! Hopefully it won't be too much of an adventure.

MeMom
12-23-2009, 09:34 AM
I have the news on and am watching the meteorologists try to predict what this storm coming is going to do. The freeze line will be right over Iowa and exactly where it falls will determine how much rain/ice/snow we get. I'm really glad we are going in May! (here's hoping Brook gets out for her trip!)

Hope you guys are warm, dry, safe, and happy this Christmas week!

That's great for being booked. Saturday, May 1st, will be an exciting day!
We are planning to book a Bounce Back for July when we get to Pop in a few days.

2xcited2sleep
12-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Yippee for being officially booked. You're going to Disney World! :dance3:

manntra
12-24-2009, 11:07 AM
:santa:Merry Christmas Katie!! :santa:

Tracy

kschafer
12-25-2009, 12:06 PM
WOO HOO on being booked! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Thanks LL :thumbsup2

Yay! That's a great deal Katie :) First you did your ADR's then the flight and now your resort! Haha you were making me nervous! ;) Definitley worth the wait! :)

I was anxious but not nervous. I knew we would grab the deals when they came along and it would all fall into place. I AM very glad that it is all booked though!! :cutie:

Yeay for being booked!!! :banana:

Thanks CP :woohoo:

Congratulations on being booked!!!! I hope you love CSR, it really is a beautiful resort and the rooms are very nice.

I laughed out loud at your DH's Indiana Jones hat comment! :laughing:

Your pictures the other day REALLY got me excited :cool1:

Greg LOVES Indiana Jones so I wasn't at all surprised. He looked at them last year and thought they were too expensive but if bringing him one home will make him OK with my leaving him for a week, then I'm more than happy to pick one up :laughing:

Hope you guys are warm, dry, safe, and happy this Christmas week!

thanks MeMom, hope your holiday is great! Enjoy your time away from work

Yippee for being officially booked. You're going to Disney World! :dance3:

My sentiments exactly!! :yay:

:santa:Merry Christmas Katie!! :santa:

Thanks Tracy, you too!!

:santa: :santa: Merry Christmas Everyone ! ! ! ! ! :santa: :santa:

This has certainly been an unusual Christmas for us! First my parents decided to stay in Florida this year. Dad hasn't been feeling well and didn't think he was up for the long trip and the cold and snow of Iowa.

My brothers and I made plans to get our families together on Christmas eve but the weather forecast has been all over the place. We talked about moving it to Wednesday, then maybe Thursday, now we plan on doing it Saturday. In the end, we have gotten a whole lot of rain and not much else. Yes, it was a big storm and yes, lots of people are truly affected by it but it is disappointing that most of my traditions have been lost.

On the other hand, we have gotten the chance to do some things we never have before (the boys have never been home on Christmas morning and it was a lot of fun). And it's been nice to just hang out together. We have played some of the new games the boys got (Disney DVD pictionary), played on the Wii and are now watching some of the movies Santa brought.
Here's wishing you all a wonderful holiday filled with warmth and love!!

pooh'smate
12-25-2009, 12:34 PM
I have been lurking on your ptr and just wanted to say that here in Omaha the weather is awful. My dh had to stay next door to his job (they put him up in an Embassy Suites) last night and is going to have to stay again tonight too. I am very thankful that we already did Christmas with my dd because she would have been upset if we had to wait to open presents. I am glad that you missed out on the snow. I hope that your day continues to be filled with great Christmas memories.

MEK
12-26-2009, 06:36 PM
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Yeah for being booked!!!!!! Glad you got the deal that you are comfortable with. And getting the extra $100 - that's awesome. And staying at CSR - that's even better. It is so pretty there. You will love it!

Now I'm just checking - this 5 nights of dining doesn't mess up our dinner date, does it? :laughing: If so - you will just have to go back and rebook - lol! Kidding!

I hope you and your family had a great Christmas! :santa:

It won't be long now.......

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee279/mekopp/Disney%20June%202009%20Day%209/DisneyJune-Part2083.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee279/mekopp/Disney%20June%202009%20Day%209/DisneyJune-Part2081.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee279/mekopp/Disney%20June%202009%20Day%209/DisneyJune-Part2085.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee279/mekopp/Disney%20June%202009%20Day%209/DisneyJune-Part2109.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee279/mekopp/Disney%20June%202009%20Day%209/DisneyJune-Part2104.jpg

kschafer
12-27-2009, 09:08 AM
I have been lurking on your ptr and just wanted to say that here in Omaha the weather is awful. My dh had to stay next door to his job (they put him up in an Embassy Suites) last night and is going to have to stay again tonight too. I am very thankful that we already did Christmas with my dd because she would have been upset if we had to wait to open presents. I am glad that you missed out on the snow. I hope that your day continues to be filled with great Christmas memories.

hi pooh'smate! Glad you came out of lurking!! In the end, our Christmas celebrations turned out nice, even if it wasn't tradition. Glad you got to celebrate with your family, even if it wasn't as planned

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Yeah for being booked!!!!!! Glad you got the deal that you are comfortable with. And getting the extra $100 - that's awesome. And staying at CSR - that's even better. It is so pretty there. You will love it!

Now I'm just checking - this 5 nights of dining doesn't mess up our dinner date, does it? :laughing: If so - you will just have to go back and rebook - lol! Kidding!

Oooh :cloud9: I love the pics MEK!!!!

No worries, our Ohana dinner will be on the gift card. I'm not missing it!!!

Native NYer
12-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Congrats on booking and the extra $$$! I can't wait to read your reviews of CSR.

kschafer
12-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Congrats on booking and the extra $$$! I can't wait to read your reviews of CSR.

Hi Jennifer! Thanks for joining my TR!!

I'm SO excited for CSR :yay: I'm debating making a room request. Basically I'm not too picky but don't want to be in Ranchos and want to be near a bus stop

kschafer
01-01-2010, 08:08 AM
I am working on a bit of an update (let's just say LL and Jen have inspired it :rolleyes: ) but in the meantime I just wanted to say

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

Here's wishing you a wonderful 2010! We watched some fireworks last night at a family new years festival and I smiled thinking that the next time I watch fireworks, it will be in Disney!!!! :goodvibes

Charleston Princess
01-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Happy 2010 Katie!!!

Lady Lallie
01-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Hmmmm....an update inspired by Jen and I? I can't wait!

Happy New Year!

kschafer
01-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Happy 2010 Katie!!!

You too Jackie! :hug:

Hmmmm....an update inspired by Jen and I? I can't wait!

Happy New Year!

coming right up! Hapy new year to you too Leslie :hug:

kschafer
01-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Between my love of cruising the food porn threads and watching LL and Jen do their food countdown, I figured I would work on my food wish list. Considerations included that neither Beth nor I are big breakfast eaters and Beth doesn’t like (or doesn’t eat, can’t remember which) seafood so some of my “someday” wishes like the tuna sandwich from CHH will remain on that list. Here’s what I came up with, in no particular order:

Snacks:
A cream cheese pretzel
Figaro fries (although with CS wish #1 below, I may have to forgo, not sure I can do too much of this)
A main street ice cream sandwich (although I see they serve ice cream sandwiches in Dinoland too)
Zebra Domes
School Bread and the almond pretzel from Kringla Bakery
Mickey ice cream bar or sandwich
At least 1 (if not more) goodies from the bakery in France
At least 1 (if not more) goodies from the Main St Bakery
Magic Cookie Bar (I have seen pics of these, do they sell them anywhere other than POR?)
Carrot cake cookie from Writer’s stop
Gonna have to have a frozen coke or 2 (I love those!)

Counter Service:

MK: A burger and fries loaded with the fixings at either Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills, also, I saw a picture of a BLT flatbread from a food cart (in frontierland I think) that looked SO good
AK: The sandwich at Pizzafari that everyone raves about OR ribs from flame Tree BBQ
Epcot: pork chop meal from sunshine seasons OR quiche from France (although Beth wanted to try Marrakesh so maybe a stop at Tangierine Café will be in order)
DHS: I don’t have any must haves here. At one time I heard you could get the Brown Derby Cobb Salad at a CS next door. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I haven’t heard it in awhile so I’m guessing not. Any suggestions?
DTD: Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express

And the all important drink wish list!!!!!

Epcot: Grey Goose of course! I’d like to try the Grand Marnier too but the color is hard for me to get past. A glass of champagne for Christine, Peach Snap from China, Wine flight with Biergarten dinner and a margarita from Mexico on Cinco de Mayo, Welch Dragon or Leaping Leprechaun at R&C, a bellini from Italy, I think there are also some choices at Tangierene (would hate to leave Morocco out ;) )
AK: Something from Yak and Yeti Drinks. I’m thinking maybe a Bonzai Blast but with no banana liquor
DHS: 180 Spin from Backlot Canteen (another margarita)
A magical star cocktail, maybe at CG
Lapu Lapu or a Backscratcher at Ohana
Isn’t there a margarita stand at DTD too?

Yes, this is WAY too much to even think about. I am going to have to beg Beth to share some of these things with me ;)

Also, I see that the dessert party is on “refurb” and is rumored to be resumed in the spring. Certainly there is no physical refurbishment to do so I wonder what changes might be in store? I’m still really hoping there will be some version of this event for our last night.

Lady Lallie
01-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Love your food list. I had heard that about the Cobb Salad at one point too but I'm not sure if that still happens or not. :confused3

I really want a frozen coke while I'm down there too. We'll have to see though. I had a bit of a frozen coke at the movies last month and it didn't bother me and it tasted SO GOOD.

2xcited2sleep
01-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Thinking about food... we're on the same wavelength! Love your wish list! It all looks good.

As for DHS if you can get the cobb salad that would be awesome. Another thing to consider is that you can order the 50's primetime menu at the bar next door -- so you don't need an ADR. Or are you on the dining plan with a certain # of credits? I've forgotten already.

Thanks for remembering me with champagne. Hope you enjoy it.

And yes, there surely is a margarita stand in DTD... best margaritas, in my opinion. Although the new tequila bar in WS is climbing the charts. ;)

manntra
01-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Sounds like a lot of good stuff to me! :thumbsup2 I am sure we will see each other eating some of these treats! :lmao:
However....I was shocked at your frozen coke desire! I thought you were a Pepsi lover!! :rotfl2:

Tracy

Charleston Princess
01-02-2010, 04:10 PM
I love thinking about, reading about, looking at pictures, cooking, and eating food, so this update is right up my alley!!! :thumbsup2

I think my food wish list may end up looking very similar!

kschafer
01-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Love your food list. I had heard that about the Cobb Salad at one point too but I'm not sure if that still happens or not. :confused3

I really want a frozen coke while I'm down there too. We'll have to see though. I had a bit of a frozen coke at the movies last month and it didn't bother me and it tasted SO GOOD.

I asked on the restaurant forum about this and only got 1 response that said you cannot get the cobb salad anymore but you sometimes can get the grapefruit cake so I'm going to have to check that one out!

I love frozen cokes! There are no 7-11's in Iowa so when we were in FL and saw them, it was one of our frequent stops. In fact, when I had the stomach bug on that trip, it was the only thing I wanted! Since you can't have carbonation, this is a nice alternative I would think!

Thinking about food... we're on the same wavelength! Love your wish list! It all looks good.

As for DHS if you can get the cobb salad that would be awesome. Another thing to consider is that you can order the 50's primetime menu at the bar next door -- so you don't need an ADR. Or are you on the dining plan with a certain # of credits? I've forgotten already.

Thanks for remembering me with champagne. Hope you enjoy it.

And yes, there surely is a margarita stand in DTD... best margaritas, in my opinion. Although the new tequila bar in WS is climbing the charts. ;)

I hadn't thought about the lounge, I will file that tidbit away! Yes, we are on the dining plan but only for part of our trip so we will combine credits and OOP expenses.

It just wouldn't seem right going to Epcot and not having a glass of champagne for you (of course you could join me for a toast :rolleyes1) And I KNEW someone mentioned a favorite margarita stand at DTD, I should have known who!

Sounds like a lot of good stuff to me! :thumbsup2 I am sure we will see each other eating some of these treats! :lmao:
However....I was shocked at your frozen coke desire! I thought you were a Pepsi lover!! :rotfl2:

:lmao: Yes, I am a DIET pepsi drinker! In all honesty, I prefer regular coke to regular pepsi, I just hate drinking all those calories unless it's something special (you know...like frozen cokes or grey goose! :rolleyes:)

I love thinking about, reading about, looking at pictures, cooking, and eating food, so this update is right up my alley!!! :thumbsup2

I think my food wish list may end up looking very similar!

I really need to curb my food obsessions a bit. I was looking at food porn the other night and Patrick was looking over my shoulder. Let's just say I now have him totally hooked on the idea of staying at the Contemporary so he can eat the Chef Mickey's breakfast buffet on a regular basis!! :rotfl: He was practically drooling over the Mickey waffles, pancakes, bacon and donuts (oh, and the fruit too, the boys loves his fruit!!!)

jenjolt
01-03-2010, 08:40 AM
WOOT and Jen and Leslie inspired update and you got love that your friend doesn't eat seafood and I don't eat seafood...poor you and Leslie LOL!!!!! I'm going to have to get over my dislike of that at some point I fear!

Love your choices and I hope you get the cobb salad you will LOVE it, so yummy!!!

Juanaiguana
01-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Hi I stumbled across your pre-trip report (I was looking for ppl going in May as we are) and found yours...and although i haven't had time to read the entire thing yet, I am hooked! Will be subscribing and looking forward to hearing about the trip!

I wish I wish I wish I could do a girls' trip someday. It's on my to-do list for sure. You are very fortunate to be able to do so!

Loving your food list!:thumbsup2

Megablocks
01-03-2010, 07:00 PM
I love thinking about food in Disney! :rotfl2: I loved the almond pretzel from Norway -- I'm not a coconut fan so I settled for that instead of school bread. I also can't wait to eat at EoS again.

We have an ADR at Rose and Crown that I am pretty sure we're keeping, so I'm definitely going to try a Welsh dragon. The Grand Marnier slushie is really good, despite the color. :rotfl2: I haven't tried the Grey Goose slushie so that's on my list as well.

I know you said that one person responded to your post about getting the cobb salad at Brown Derby and said you can't, but since I'm going to be there next month, you want me to double check?

kschafer
01-03-2010, 08:51 PM
WOOT and Jen and Leslie inspired update and you got love that your friend doesn't eat seafood and I don't eat seafood...poor you and Leslie LOL!!!!! I'm going to have to get over my dislike of that at some point I fear!

Love your choices and I hope you get the cobb salad you will LOVE it, so yummy!!!

Hmm, does that mean Leslie and I have to take a seafood fest trip? :thumbsup2

Hi I stumbled across your pre-trip report (I was looking for ppl going in May as we are) and found yours...and although i haven't had time to read the entire thing yet, I am hooked! Will be subscribing and looking forward to hearing about the trip!

I wish I wish I wish I could do a girls' trip someday. It's on my to-do list for sure. You are very fortunate to be able to do so!

Loving your food list!:thumbsup2

Hey, WELCOME!!! How exciting you will be there at the same time! I am VERY excited about this adults trip! I'm sure I will miss my boys (and they are still really bummed that I am going without them) but this is a great chance for me and I'm go grateful to my hubby for supporting my wish :hug:

Stick around and let me know what days we might be in the same parks so I can keep an eye out for your crew while we are there!

I love thinking about food in Disney! :rotfl2: I loved the almond pretzel from Norway -- I'm not a coconut fan so I settled for that instead of school bread. I also can't wait to eat at EoS again.

We have an ADR at Rose and Crown that I am pretty sure we're keeping, so I'm definitely going to try a Welsh dragon. The Grand Marnier slushie is really good, despite the color. :rotfl2: I haven't tried the Grey Goose slushie so that's on my list as well.

I know you said that one person responded to your post about getting the cobb salad at Brown Derby and said you can't, but since I'm going to be there next month, you want me to double check?

I can't wait for all the yummy drinks :rolleyes1 That would be awesome if you could drop by and see if there is anyway I'll be able to grab a cobb salad and grapefruit cake without a Brown Derby ADR!!

Megablocks
01-04-2010, 06:26 PM
I can't wait for all the yummy drinks :rolleyes1 That would be awesome if you could drop by and see if there is anyway I'll be able to grab a cobb salad and grapefruit cake without a Brown Derby ADR!!

I definitely will. :thumbsup2 I hope you'll be able to get it!

MEK
01-05-2010, 09:08 AM
[COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="4"] Epcot: Grey Goose of course! I’d like to try the Grand Marnier too but the color is hard for me to get past. A glass of champagne for Christine, Peach Snap from China, Wine flight with Biergarten dinner and a margarita from Mexico on Cinco de Mayo, Welch Dragon or Leaping Leprechaun at R&C, a bellini from Italy, I think there are also some choices at Tangierene (would hate to leave Morocco out ;) )
AK: Something from Yak and Yeti Drinks. I’m thinking maybe a Bonzai Blast but with no banana liquor
DHS: 180 Spin from Backlot Canteen (another margarita)
A magical star cocktail, maybe at CG
Lapu Lapu or a Backscratcher at Ohana
Isn’t there a margarita stand at DTD too?

All of these drinks sound sooooo yummy! I can't wait to try them all! LOL! (OK - well, perhaps not all of them! ) :rotfl:

Charleston Princess
01-05-2010, 10:10 AM
All of these drinks sound sooooo yummy! I can't wait to try them all! LOL! (OK - well, perhaps not all of them! ) :rotfl:

Don't lie, Mary Ellen! You know you plan on having all of them. :lmao:

kschafer
01-08-2010, 07:33 AM
I definitely will. :thumbsup2 I hope you'll be able to get it!

The food blog link that CP posted on LL and Jen's PTR didn't show any so I'm not getting my hopes up. I do however have a possible thought :rolleyes:

Oh MEK, you never know what peer pressure will make a person do :rolleyes1

Don't lie, Mary Ellen! You know you plan on having all of them. :lmao:

;) :laughing:

kschafer
01-08-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm having a bit of a food obsession as of late and am torn with a decision...

I have been drooling over all the options on the food porn site. I have said I would like to try deluxe dining sometime with the specific goal of trying the signature restaurants. I think about what that cost would be if we did it with my whole family...:eek: right now with the boys still considered "kids", their menu options stink and if we wait until they are older, the cost goes up dramatically. I am also totally sucked in by the appetizers included on the deluxe plan!

So I was thinking, if I ever was going to try deluxe, this would be a good time since the cost would just be for me. And with the gift card package, the additional cost of tips doesn't bother me since we can use the card to pay them.

My concerns: I honestly am not sure I can eat that much! Even doing only 2 TS a day (how could anyone do 3?) that is a lot of food. I also worry about how much time this may take out of our plans. Then again, it could be our break time if we just want to take a load off without leaving the parks entirely.

The possible alternative deluxe plan would be:

Saturday (arrival day): dinner at Brown Derby, possibly trying to get a Fantasmic package
Sunday: lunch at Sci-Fi and dinner at Biergarten
Monday: Lunch in MK or maybe GFC, dinner at Artist Point, Narcoossees or Citricos (dropping our WCC ADR this day)
Tuesday: Lunch at Yak and Yeti maybe, Dinner at Cali Grill
Wednesday: Lunch in Epcot (chefs or tutto?), dinner at Jiko
Thursday: possibly a late breakfast at CP, dinner with MEK at Ohana

Since we switch to room only on Thursday, we would definitely keep our Rose and Crown ADR on Friday and simply pay OOP and probably not bother with any TS on Saturday so I get something from my CS wish list.

I know I would have to drop some of my CS and snack list but I figure they will still be there for another trip. Deluxe comes with 2 snack credits each day and I would probably be so full I would end up burning most them on packaged snacks I can bring home to the boys

I keep going back and forth on this choice and ultimately, will probably leave the decision up to Beth. Share your thoughts and experiences please!

MeMom
01-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Snacks:
A cream cheese pretzel
Figaro fries (although with CS wish #1 below, I may have to forgo, not sure I can do too much of this)
A main street ice cream sandwich (although I see they serve ice cream sandwiches in Dinoland too)
Zebra Domes
School Bread and the almond pretzel from Kringla Bakery
Mickey ice cream bar or sandwich
At least 1 (if not more) goodies from the bakery in France
At least 1 (if not more) goodies from the Main St Bakery
Magic Cookie Bar (I have seen pics of these, do they sell them anywhere other than POR?)
Carrot cake cookie from Writer’s stop
Gonna have to have a frozen coke or 2 (I love those!)

Counter Service:

MK: A burger and fries loaded with the fixings at either Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills, also, I saw a picture of a BLT flatbread from a food cart (in frontierland I think) that looked SO good
AK: The sandwich at Pizzafari that everyone raves about OR ribs from flame Tree BBQ
Epcot: pork chop meal from sunshine seasons OR quiche from France (although Beth wanted to try Marrakesh so maybe a stop at Tangierine Café will be in order)
DHS: I don’t have any must haves here. At one time I heard you could get the Brown Derby Cobb Salad at a CS next door. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I haven’t heard it in awhile so I’m guessing not. Any suggestions?
DTD: Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express

Food.

I love food. :)

I really love Disney food. :love:

You have so many great choices. The No Way Jose is incredible, and you know my opinion of zebra domes.

Earl of Sandwich - never had a sandwich I didn't like there.
WPE has a yummy BBQ chicken quesadilla.

For what it is worth, our bunch likes the chicken at Flame Tree better than the ribs. Sometimes the ribs are a little tough and chewy, but the chicken has been tender and delicious every time.

Sunshine Seasons has delicious pork chops and rotisserie chicken. So good! :thumbsup2

I should probably not have looked at your post again right before I make out a grocery list. I have a feeling my cart is going to be very full. :)

Charleston Princess
01-08-2010, 08:13 AM
I like the idea of the Deluxe Dining Plan would also enable you to have more 2 TS meals which is what I like about it. You are right about it being outrageously expensive when it is an entire family so now, when it's just you, would be the best time to do it! :thumbsup2 I think the refillable mugs are also included in the plan which would be nice.

Lady Lallie
01-08-2010, 08:13 AM
You know...I think going deluxe might be good for you. Especially if you use your meal times as your break times. That way you don't lose time traveling going back to your resort for breaks. Plus you love sampling those Signature places I think. I think you should go for it, especially with that gift card offer, it will help out with the tips.

manntra
01-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I have never done the DDP but I am looking into it on this trip too....I don't know but what I do know is that I agree with MeMom....I love Disney food...
I swear I am always comparing any food when I dine out to this meal or that meal at Disney....nothing ever comes close ;)
I think if you can swing it then you should really do it....it is way too much$ with your whole family. :goodvibes

Tracy

jenjolt
01-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Deluxe, Deluxe, Deluxe...I have been on the plan twice and I loved it both times!! I think you would really enjoy the plan and I think you should go for it and spoil yourself!

2xcited2sleep
01-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I've never done any of the dining plans so can't share any experiences with you but think it's a great idea. As Jen said, spoil yourself. And remember you don't have to clean your plate (unless you want to!!). I say go for it!

Native NYer
01-08-2010, 09:11 PM
I would say try the deluxe dining plan, especially since it's just you. We've done deluxe dining twice and will do it again this summer. We definitely don't eat all of that food. I like having 3 meals paid for and I like trying different things. I learned from my mom that you never finish your meal so you can have dessert :lmao:

From past experience, I would advise an early lunch TS and a late dinner TS. If booked too close together, you won't enjoy it at all. I learned the hard way.

brookelizabeth
01-08-2010, 11:27 PM
We aren't big on the dining plan, we always end up spending less OOP than a dining plan would cost because we never eat as much as the dining plans provide! :laughing: ....so I can't advise much on it....but, it seems like if you want to do signature restaurants it can be cost effective. And I like that the deluxe includes an appetizer! :thumbsup2

kschafer
01-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Food.

I love food. :)

I really love Disney food. :love:

You have so many great choices. The No Way Jose is incredible, and you know my opinion of zebra domes.

Earl of Sandwich - never had a sandwich I didn't like there.
WPE has a yummy BBQ chicken quesadilla.

For what it is worth, our bunch likes the chicken at Flame Tree better than the ribs. Sometimes the ribs are a little tough and chewy, but the chicken has been tender and delicious every time.

Sunshine Seasons has delicious pork chops and rotisserie chicken. So good! :thumbsup2

I should probably not have looked at your post again right before I make out a grocery list. I have a feeling my cart is going to be very full. :)

I can't wait to try the zebra domes! I don't know if we will make it to Beaches and Cream but I see ghirardelli has a chob/pb sundae too so maybe we'll stop there after WPE or EoS. I'm not a big fan of boned chicken, I can eat it but if I have a boneless option or something else I'm likely to choose that! (bones bother me less in ribs for some reason :confused3)

Hope you made it out of the grocery store with some "real" food ;)

I like the idea of the Deluxe Dining Plan would also enable you to have more 2 TS meals which is what I like about it. You are right about it being outrageously expensive when it is an entire family so now, when it's just you, would be the best time to do it! :thumbsup2 I think the refillable mugs are also included in the plan which would be nice.

I'm really going to have to adjust to Coke Zero if I plan to use the refillable mug :laughing:

You know...I think going deluxe might be good for you. Especially if you use your meal times as your break times. That way you don't lose time traveling going back to your resort for breaks. Plus you love sampling those Signature places I think. I think you should go for it, especially with that gift card offer, it will help out with the tips.

A long lunch could possibly be a reasonable alternative to a resort break! If we just want to take a load off our feet and not take a nap or something, that would save time for sure!

I have never done the DDP but I am looking into it on this trip too....I don't know but what I do know is that I agree with MeMom....I love Disney food...
I swear I am always comparing any food when I dine out to this meal or that meal at Disney....nothing ever comes close ;)
I think if you can swing it then you should really do it....it is way too much$ with your whole family. :goodvibes

Tracy

Definitely something I won't be able to do with the entire family!

Deluxe, Deluxe, Deluxe...I have been on the plan twice and I loved it both times!! I think you would really enjoy the plan and I think you should go for it and spoil yourself!

It is vacation after all :rolleyes1

I've never done any of the dining plans so can't share any experiences with you but think it's a great idea. As Jen said, spoil yourself. And remember you don't have to clean your plate (unless you want to!!). I say go for it!

I am SUCH a member of the clean plate club. I hate to blame others for my problems but I really do place some blame for my food issues on my parents because we were not allowed to leave the table until our food was gone. It's a habit that is SO hard to break!

I would say try the deluxe dining plan, especially since it's just you. We've done deluxe dining twice and will do it again this summer. We definitely don't eat all of that food. I like having 3 meals paid for and I like trying different things. I learned from my mom that you never finish your meal so you can have dessert :lmao:

From past experience, I would advise an early lunch TS and a late dinner TS. If booked too close together, you won't enjoy it at all. I learned the hard way.

We will never plan on more than 2 meals in a day, there is NO way I could handle that much food! Early lunch and late dinner should definitely make it doable.

We aren't big on the dining plan, we always end up spending less OOP than a dining plan would cost because we never eat as much as the dining plans provide! :laughing: ....so I can't advise much on it....but, it seems like if you want to do signature restaurants it can be cost effective. And I like that the deluxe includes an appetizer! :thumbsup2

I'm such a sucker for appetizers and when you consider the OOP expense of adding appetizers on the regular plan, the cost is even lower (how is my Disney math?) I KNOW I would be able to eat for less paying OOP but I love the whole idea of "it's included so go ahead and order it!"

I e-mailed Beth and explained the 2 options, proposed a possible dining plan, and laid out the pros and cons as I see them then said it is up to her. Well, she decided.....
Deluxe it is!! :yay: Leave it up to our minds to think in the same way! She agreed that it's not something we would be able to do under different circumstances so why not go for it! :cool1: I have a couple ADR's lined up already but need to work out a couple more so I will update soon!

manntra
01-09-2010, 07:40 PM
:woohoo: for Deluxe!! Can't wait to see where else you are going to eat! I will look into it....we do have 1 TS meal every day anyways :confused3

Tracy

Native NYer
01-09-2010, 07:52 PM
You're going to love deluxe dining!

ILuvCrush
01-09-2010, 07:52 PM
woohoo!!!!
you will have a blast!

P

Happy Elf
01-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Yahoo for Deluxe! You will eat well! Sounds great!

Lady Lallie
01-09-2010, 09:33 PM
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Yay for Deluxe!!

Megablocks
01-09-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm so glad you decided to go with the deluxe! I am very excited to see what ADRs you're going to have. ;)

I am the same way about boned chicken -- I just can't do it.

jenjolt
01-09-2010, 09:55 PM
WOOT Congrats on going deluxe...you will love it!! TRUST ME on that!!

kschafer
01-10-2010, 03:13 PM
:woohoo: for Deluxe!! Can't wait to see where else you are going to eat! I will look into it....we do have 1 TS meal every day anyways :confused3

Tracy

This was really a good excuse to add a few more signature dining to our plan (and like I said, I'm a sucker for the appetizers!)

You're going to love deluxe dining!

I'm so excited! :cool1:

woohoo!!!!
you will have a blast!

P

I can't wait! :woohoo:

Yahoo for Deluxe! You will eat well! Sounds great!

They will probably have to roll back onto the plane :laughing:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Yay for Deluxe!!

:yay:

I'm so glad you decided to go with the deluxe! I am very excited to see what ADRs you're going to have. ;)

I am the same way about boned chicken -- I just can't do it.

It's not that I can't do it, I just will choose something else first. Unless it's fried chicken, for some reason that's OK :confused3

WOOT Congrats on going deluxe...you will love it!! TRUST ME on that!!

I have been influenced by the best :upsidedow

SoonerGirl
01-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Hi Katie! When you pointed out that we were going to be at WDW at the same time I had to come and check out your PTR. And, guess what, not only will we be there at the same time, we are staying at the same resort!

Your plans sound great, and I can't wait to see what you come up with for your extra ADRs since you decided to go deluxe!!

kcandbella
01-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Hi Katie! I just jumped over from my PTR! We are planning on doing MK EMH on Sunday the 2nd if we aren't too tired, and I was thinking the same thing about Cinco de Mayo in Mexico!!! Can't wait to hear about your plans for DxDP. :goodvibes

kschafer
01-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Hi Katie! When you pointed out that we were going to be at WDW at the same time I had to come and check out your PTR. And, guess what, not only will we be there at the same time, we are staying at the same resort!

Your plans sound great, and I can't wait to see what you come up with for your extra ADRs since you decided to go deluxe!!

Hi Katie! I just jumped over from my PTR! We are planning on doing MK EMH on Sunday the 2nd if we aren't too tired, and I was thinking the same thing about Cinco de Mayo in Mexico!!! Can't wait to hear about your plans for DxDP. :goodvibes

WELCOME MICHELLE AND KAYCE!!!!

I'm so excited to find a couple more May visitors! There are a couple others around this thread and I also had someone on the CSR thread tell me their dates are the same as mine. I'm so excited to "meet" some fellow travellers in advance! How cool Michelle that we will both be at CSR too :thumbsup2

I'm waiting to hear from Beth about our dining plans then I'll fill everyone in!!

brookelizabeth
01-10-2010, 10:19 PM
:yay: on the Deluxe! I love the idea of "we normally couldn't do this, but we can for this trip, so LET'S DO IT!" Go all out and enjoy every second of it. :thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to your ADRs! I'm sure it's a lot of fun to plan and figure those out and dream of all the snacks. :laughing:

kschafer
01-12-2010, 10:38 AM
:yay: on the Deluxe! I love the idea of "we normally couldn't do this, but we can for this trip, so LET'S DO IT!" Go all out and enjoy every second of it. :thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to your ADRs! I'm sure it's a lot of fun to plan and figure those out and dream of all the snacks. :laughing:

I'm one of those Mom's who is guilty of putting myself last. I just don't spend a lot of money on myself and so I'm pretty excited about taking a week with my girlfriend and doing it big! :cool1:

MeMom
01-12-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm one of those Mom's who is guilty of putting myself last. I just don't spend a lot of money on myself and so I'm pretty excited about taking a week with my girlfriend and doing it big! :cool1:

Yeah, a girl trip is going to be a lot of fun! :dance3:

kschafer
01-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Beth is so easy going! I sent her a list of ADR's that I was able to get and she just said "sure"!. So....drumroll please.....the new and deluxified version of our dining plan:

Sat 5/1: 5:00 Brown Derby. I'm nervous about this one but I managed to get the latest possible Fantasmic Dinner Package. Our flight arrives at 3:05 so I'm worried that 2 hours isn't enough to get on ME, check in at CSR and get to DHS. The guy I talked to said they would honor the ADR even if we arrive late. My hope would be to check in and have just a long enough wait to run and grab FP so we can do a few rides before Fantasmic at 9.

Sun 5/2: 11:30 Sci-Fi Dinner Theater. I really debated this one after Jen and C's experience in Sep but I really want to try the food. Hopefully an early ressie will make it easy to get in quickly
5:05 Biergarten. Can't wait for the food and entertainment!

Mon 5/3: 12:35 Grand Floridain Cafe. I debated this or something inside MK but I really want to try the burger covered in lobster and hollandaise and they have a dessert sampler that looks out of this world!
6:55 Artist Point I released our ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe for this one and am excited to try it. WCC will be there next time!

Tues 5/4: 12:00 Chefs de France. Gotta check out the waiters! ;)
7:20 California Grill. Can't wait!

Wed 5/5: 12:00 Teppan Edo. This may be the one place I skip dessert but I am looking forward to the meal!
8:35 Jiko. This is late but they don't open until 5 and we are planning doing Animal Kingdom until closing at 8 and I figured eating after would be better than taking up a couple hours of that time.

Thurs 5/6: 10:20 Crystal Palace. This is an EMH morning so we should be able to get a couple good hours of attractions in first. I think what I am most excited about is that hey will have breakfast food when we arrive then transition to lunch so we will have both options!
6:20 Ohana with MEK and friends

We kept the Rose and Crown ADR on the 7th and gave up all others we were considering.

Still hoping the dessert party is an option on the 8th too!

SoonerGirl
01-12-2010, 11:27 AM
The deluxified dining plans look great!!

We are eating at the GF Cafe on Monday too, only we're going for dinner.

ILuvCrush
01-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Love the deluxified plan!!

you and Beth both definately deserve so 'ME' time...I'msohappy you are gonna live it up a bit!

P

Lady Lallie
01-12-2010, 01:09 PM
You have some great choices on there! :thumbsup2

jenjolt
01-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Looks like some great ADRs...you guys are going to be in food heaven!!! YUMMY!!!!

Megablocks
01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Your ADRs look amazing! I'm so glad you are going with the deluxe and get to try all the yummy food.

We are eating at Chefs de France next month -- the mac and cheese is calling my name. :cloud9: I'll try to get some good food pictures for you.

manntra
01-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Love the new ADR's :woohoo: You are eating at Jiko the night I am at Boma after the EMH at AK and our Lost on Safari's :lmao: I really would like to switch one of my ADR's to Jiko because I really, really loved it there...I will have to ask Sue (my neighbor/friend that is coming with me.) She doesn't have anything to pay resort wise because I am staying on my points soooooo I will just make sure she has a big old budget for FOOD! :rotfl2:
Sounds like there are two more possible Dismeets from your PTR :thumbsup2 Pretty soon we will be in double digits!! :yay:

Tracy

brookelizabeth
01-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Your ADRs look delicious!! We didn't have the greatest service at Sci-Fi either; however, the cheeseburger and shake made up for that. :goodvibes Yum!

MeMom
01-13-2010, 05:37 AM
Your ADRs look delicious!! We didn't have the greatest service at Sci-Fi either; however, the cheeseburger and shake made up for that. :goodvibes Yum!

And at 11:30, you should be able to walk right in.

I agree on not using AK time and eating late at Jiko. 8:35 in Disney World isn't like 8:35 at home, anyway. The night is still young at that time when you're down there. :)

You have lots of good eating to look forward to!

2xcited2sleep
01-13-2010, 05:42 AM
I am positively drooling over your deluxified plans! So yummy!! What fun that you'll be able to have so many DIS meets!! :) I'm looking forward to the TR already! :goodvibes

MEK
01-13-2010, 06:49 AM
Excellent Dining ADRS Katie. Good Decision to do the DxDP. You will love it and I think everyone needs to try it once. Especially since this is your first trip in 2 years! I hope you are still hungry by the time we have dinner together! :laughing:

kschafer
01-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Yeah, a girl trip is going to be a lot of fun! :dance3:

I can't wait :goodvibes

The deluxified dining plans look great!!

We are eating at the GF Cafe on Monday too, only we're going for dinner.

I'm so excited for that dessert sampler :thumbsup2

Love the deluxified plan!!

you and Beth both definately deserve so 'ME' time...I'msohappy you are gonna live it up a bit!

P

I'm excited about treating myself for a change :flower3:

You have some great choices on there! :thumbsup2

Thanks, I can't wait! :teeth:

Looks like some great ADRs...you guys are going to be in food heaven!!! YUMMY!!!!

We'll probably be in a food coma :faint:

kschafer
01-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Your ADRs look amazing! I'm so glad you are going with the deluxe and get to try all the yummy food.

We are eating at Chefs de France next month -- the mac and cheese is calling my name. :cloud9: I'll try to get some good food pictures for you.

I'm hoping Beth will split entrees with me because I can't decide between the sandwich and the mac and cheese :confused3

Love the new ADR's :woohoo: You are eating at Jiko the night I am at Boma after the EMH at AK and our Lost on Safari's :lmao: I really would like to switch one of my ADR's to Jiko because I really, really loved it there...I will have to ask Sue (my neighbor/friend that is coming with me.) She doesn't have anything to pay resort wise because I am staying on my points soooooo I will just make sure she has a big old budget for FOOD! :rotfl2:
Sounds like there are two more possible Dismeets from your PTR :thumbsup2 Pretty soon we will be in double digits!! :yay:

Tracy

Double digits are coming up soon :cool1:

Jiko dinner huh? :rolleyes1

I may end up regretting it but the food looks so good I want to give it a try!

And at 11:30, you should be able to walk right in.

I agree on not using AK time and eating late at Jiko. 8:35 in Disney World isn't like 8:35 at home, anyway. The night is still young at that time when you're down there. :)

You have lots of good eating to look forward to!

I'm really hoping that at 11:30 we won't have the same problems others have.

I think the AK evening followed by Jiko will be wonderful!

I am positively drooling over your deluxified plans! So yummy!! What fun that you'll be able to have so many DIS meets!! :) I'm looking forward to the TR already! :goodvibes

Still room to add a dining partner for a few of them :rolleyes:

Excellent Dining ADRS Katie. Good Decision to do the DxDP. You will love it and I think everyone needs to try it once. Especially since this is your first trip in 2 years! I hope you are still hungry by the time we have dinner together! :laughing:

I may not be hungry by then but that hasn't stopped me from eating in the past :upsidedow

kschafer
01-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Changes already?

Yep! :laughing:

Tracy and I talked about her wanting to eat at Jiko so and she and her friend will be joining Beth and I after our AK drinks/EE evening :thumbsup2 It was no problem getting a table for 4 instead of 2 so we are on for a wonderful meal at 8:40

I also got thinking about Cinco do Mayo. I have moved our Teppan Edo ADR to 12:30 so that we can hit the Tequila Cave right at 11 and would love to have others join us if possible SO any of you (Michelle and Kayce I know are planning Epcot on this day, Tracy and MEK, I couldn't remember) who will be in Epcot on May 5, come join us! I think I will even put out an invite to any other disers who will be there this day. A giant Dis-meet could be a lot of fun!!

manntra
01-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks so much for adding us to Jiko Katie!! :woohoo: I am really excited and it is going to be a fun and delicious dinner!!
Tequila at 11....Lost on Safari in the evening....Jiko for dinner! :faint: :lmao:
I just looked at my papers and it looks like I have rope drop for MK the morning of the fifth....I will see if I can move some things around or get what I want done in the am and then monorail over for some tequila! :rotfl: I am excited!! :hyper:

Tracy

SoonerGirl
01-13-2010, 10:27 AM
I also got thinking about Cinco do Mayo. I have moved our Teppan Edo ADR to 12:30 so that we can hit the Tequila Cave right at 11 and would love to have others join us if possible SO any of you (Michelle and Kayce I know are planning Epcot on this day, Tracy and MEK, I couldn't remember) who will be in Epcot on May 5, come join us! I think I will even put out an invite to any other disers who will be there this day. A giant Dis-meet could be a lot of fun!!

Well, we HAVE to have a margarita on Cinco de Mayo anyway right?? Might as well do it together! Could be fun!

Happy Elf
01-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Your ADR's look wonderful! Yummy!

DreaGirl
01-13-2010, 08:54 PM
HI! I followed you over here and I'm glad I did. Just read the first post, but I *so* want to go on a solo trip, but am afraid to leave the kids with my DH...well not afraid, but you know! I'm going back now to catch up!

brookelizabeth
01-14-2010, 04:05 PM
:yay: for DIS meets!!!

kschafer
01-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks so much for adding us to Jiko Katie!! :woohoo: I am really excited and it is going to be a fun and delicious dinner!!
Tequila at 11....Lost on Safari in the evening....Jiko for dinner! :faint: :lmao:
I just looked at my papers and it looks like I have rope drop for MK the morning of the fifth....I will see if I can move some things around or get what I want done in the am and then monorail over for some tequila! :rotfl: I am excited!! :hyper:

Tracy

I'm excited too! Make that tequilla at noon, the cave doesn't open until then. I'm having to play with ADR's (again) and maybe switching to breakfast on this day.

Well, we HAVE to have a margarita on Cinco de Mayo anyway right?? Might as well do it together! Could be fun!

I think a margarita is a must! Note the time change above...

Your ADR's look wonderful! Yummy!

thanks Janell, I'm excited!

HI! I followed you over here and I'm glad I did. Just read the first post, but I *so* want to go on a solo trip, but am afraid to leave the kids with my DH...well not afraid, but you know! I'm going back now to catch up!

:welcome: Drea! I totally get the fear! When DH and I started talking about this, I commented that I wasn't sure I wanted to leave him with the kids and he got a bit offended and informed me that he is perfectly capable of taking care of them :laughing: We'll see if he's singing that same tune when I return :rolleyes1

Where in Michigan are you? Both of my parents are natives, Mom from Muskegon and Dad from Saginaw.

:yay: for DIS meets!!!

My first...hopefully not my last! :grouphug:

MeMom
01-15-2010, 05:30 AM
Tracy and I talked about her wanting to eat at Jiko so and she and her friend will be joining Beth and I after our AK drinks/EE evening :thumbsup2 It was no problem getting a table for 4 instead of 2 so we are on for a wonderful meal at 8:40

I also got thinking about Cinco do Mayo. A giant Dis-meet could be a lot of fun!!

That's great that you were able to add to your Jiko meal. The more the merrier!

A big group of giddy girls enjoying Disney World together.
Yep, that's fun stuff! :jumping1:

kschafer
01-18-2010, 09:58 AM
That's great that you were able to add to your Jiko meal. The more the merrier!

A big group of giddy girls enjoying Disney World together.
Yep, that's fun stuff! :jumping1:

That's pretty much how I look most days when I think about the trip! Except for today...Daniel shared his germs with me and I am feeling quite queasy this morning so I look more like this :sick:

Another change!

I am really wanting to do margaritas at the Tequila Cave on Cinco do Mayo and it opens at noon. this caused a conflict with our lunch ADR on this day (noon at Teppan edo). They don't open earlier and if we push it later, we won't make it to AK in time for the afternoon parade.

So I got thinking about breakfast and my first thought was Akershus since we could still make Epcot rope drop but frankly I don't care a ton for the princesses and I've heard the food is only OK. Then it occurred to me that the Beach club has a breakfast buffet. This will be the mid-point of our trip and I was thinking that a slower start morning might be a good thing for a change. Then MeMom and a couple others on Wigd's TR said they enjoyed their breakfast there so that sealed the deal!

NEW PLAN: we will be having breakfast with Mickey and the gang at 10, then heading to Mexico. I'm also very excited because this will add a deluxe resort visit to the list (already have all the MK area ones plus AKL)

coming soon...double digit dancing and we talk shopping!!

MHTeacher
01-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Joining in for all the fun.....Your trip title caught my attention. I am also going husband-less in March with my two older kids, and my sister and her two youngest kids!

The deluxe dining sounds delish! :thumbsup2

MeMom
01-18-2010, 10:11 AM
That's pretty much how I look most days when I think about the trip! Except for today...Daniel shared his germs with me and I am feeling quite queasy this morning so I look more like this :sick:

Another change!

I am really wanting to do margaritas at the Tequila Cave on Cinco do Mayo and it opens at noon. this caused a conflict with our lunch ADR on this day (noon at Teppan edo). They don't open earlier and if we push it later, we won't make it to AK in time for the afternoon parade.

So I got thinking about breakfast and my first thought was Akershus since we could still make Epcot rope drop but frankly I don't care a ton for the princesses and I've heard the food is only OK. Then it occurred to me that the Beach club has a breakfast buffet. This will be the mid-point of our trip and I was thinking that a slower start morning might be a good thing for a change. Then MeMom and a couple others on Wigd's TR said they enjoyed their breakfast there so that sealed the deal!

NEW PLAN: we will be having breakfast with Mickey and the gang at 10, then heading to Mexico. I'm also very excited because this will add a deluxe resort visit to the list (already have all the MK area ones plus AKL)

coming soon...double digit dancing and we talk shopping!!

Sick, yet still able to speak of drinks in Mexico in May?
Hmmm. I'd say you were faking sick, but you're off of school already today, right? :laughing:

I didn't know you had not seen Beach Club already. That's even more of a reason to go for Cape May!
Beach Club is decorated so beach like. :beach: ;)
I love that place!

Charleston Princess
01-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Leisurely starts can be heavenly, and you get to do Cape May! Sounds like an awesome plan to me!

manntra
01-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Getting sooo excited for double digits! :rotfl2: I am still debating on where to stay my first night (Saturday the 1st.) I am staying on points the rest of the week and it is way too many for Saturday night. I am thinking one of the PO hotels because I want to go to DTD that night. :confused3 Then I guess on Sunday am we just check out of there and either leave our luggage to be transferred (:eek: will it really get there) or take a cab to Kidani with our luggage...check in (room won't be ready but at least we can drop off luggage with bell services) then go to a park. :sad2: I am really overthinking this but I usually just get picked up at the airport..go to the resort...etc....not arriving a day early..deciding on where to stay etc. :rotfl2:

Tracy

kschafer
01-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Joining in for all the fun.....Your trip title caught my attention. I am also going husband-less in March with my two older kids, and my sister and her two youngest kids!

The deluxe dining sounds delish! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Michelle! I've seen you around on other TR's! My SIL and I often talk about taking a trip with just our kids, sounds like fun!

I'm really looking forward to deluxe dining, (it's a sad life I lead :laughing:)

Sick, yet still able to speak of drinks in Mexico in May?
Hmmm. I'd say you were faking sick, but you're off of school already today, right? :laughing:

I didn't know you had not seen Beach Club already. That's even more of a reason to go for Cape May!
Beach Club is decorated so beach like. :beach: ;)
I love that place!

SPEAK of drinks, that's the key (as I very gently sip my 7-up!) Actually we did have school today, it's being used as a snow day make-up but considering it's the first day of the new semester, not many teachers are out so, thank goodness, I didn't get called

The only deluxe resorts we got to visit last time was OKW (stayed there) and Poly so I am really excited to visit some more :woohoo:

Leisurely starts can be heavenly, and you get to do Cape May! Sounds like an awesome plan to me!

I know I will look forward to sleeping in a bit!

Getting sooo excited for double digits! :rotfl2: I am still debating on where to stay my first night (Saturday the 1st.) I am staying on points the rest of the week and it is way too many for Saturday night. I am thinking one of the PO hotels because I want to go to DTD that night. :confused3 Then I guess on Sunday am we just check out of there and either leave our luggage to be transferred (:eek: will it really get there) or take a cab to Kidani with our luggage...check in (room won't be ready but at least we can drop off luggage with bell services) then go to a park. :sad2: I am really overthinking this but I usually just get picked up at the airport..go to the resort...etc....not arriving a day early..deciding on where to stay etc. :rotfl2:

Tracy

I'd be tempted to take a taxi just to be assured I knew where my luggage was! Have you looked at AP rates at the value resorts? I think it would be safe to leave bags with luggage transfer internally. Then you could just check out and head to a park then check in when you wanted to.

brookelizabeth
01-20-2010, 09:01 AM
The new plans sound great!!! This sounds like a good balance, and no rushing. We love slow mornings that start with a breakfast buffet....:cloud9: :thumbsup2

kschafer
01-22-2010, 07:48 AM
The new plans sound great!!! This sounds like a good balance, and no rushing. We love slow mornings that start with a breakfast buffet....:cloud9: :thumbsup2

I'm not really a big breakfast eater but by 10:00 I should be ready for food :laughing: I'm sure we will appreciate a day to sleep in a bit!

so my friends, the time has come.

For what you ask?

Why, for double digit dancing of course!!!!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
:banana: :banana: :banana:
:yay: :yay:
:woohoo:

Join me if you are so inclined!!!

In honor of double digits, I thought we would discuss a favorite topic around here...SHOPPING!!

OK, confession…I’m not really a big shopper. Last time we went, Greg was on a hunt for something very specific and we spent a lot of time wandering gift shops (in multiple parks) looking for something that we had been told by a CM existed but in the end, did not. After awhile, I couldn’t help think that I we could be riding test track or soarin instead of doing laps in MouseGears!

Having said that, we will have these gift cards which we probably won’t be able to use up on tips and alcohol (as hard as we might try ;) ) and we will both have left jealous kids at home and will need to appeal to them upon our return

So here is what I am thinking so far…

Greg has already requested his Indiana Jones hat. I’ll also look around at what else he might like, maybe a CD or something of the like
Patrick has requested a snowglobe. This surprised me, but he remembers seeing them on our last trip and still has it in his mind. He also saw Wigd’s souvie pics and liked the keychains
Daniel also liked the keychains and although he hasn’t requested anything specific, he will be happy with anything Cars or ToyStory themed
Both boys will like the kooky pens so I will pick up one of them for each. They also got their first “big boy” legos for Christmas and totally love them so I will see what they have at the Lego store that I am willing to pay the price for. They will get some snacks...I figure I can burn some of my snack credits on packaged things (lollipops, chocolate bars, etc) and I will definitely stop at DTD on our last day to get a few fresh treats like dipped marshmallows and cookies. I will also bring home some pressed pennies to add to their collections.
For me…I very much plan on picking up a garden gnome Mickey and a stop at Basin for a couple mommy-goodies. I was thinking with my Disney visa rewards dollars, I should pick up something for me that I wouldn’t normally get, something really special to symbolize this trip. Then as I was browsing the boards, I came across something that I’ve seen and thought would be fun but I wouldn’t usually spend the money on…pick-a-pearl! It looks like so much fun and a do love jewelry! I’ve heard that the best oysters are the ugliest (I have NO idea if there is any truth in this but it makes me feel good to have a plan). I would love a blue pearl but would be happy with a pink or champagne colored one too. I love the element of surprise but I'm not totally convinced I will do this, we'll see how it feels at the time I guess

So what are your favorite souvenirs?

Lady Lallie
01-22-2010, 08:03 AM
WOO HOO!!

Double Digits!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Hmmm....my favorite souvenirs. I really love small Mickey earrings. They give me a touch of Disney on a tough day at work but no one ever notices that they are mickey shaped.

I can't say enough good things about Basin.

I have a kooky pen on my desk at the moment and it makes me smile.

I also love the park cd's. It's great to have Disney music in your car.

jenjolt
01-22-2010, 08:27 AM
YAY for double digits!! And I hope you enjoy Cape May...sounds like a great way to start the morning!!!

Hmmm..My favorite souvies are Disney t-shirts and park CDs!! I love the T-shirts I bought 3 new ones this trip and 1 for Prince P!!!!

MHTeacher
01-22-2010, 09:11 AM
YAY!!! for double digits! Gotta love 'em. The only thing better is single digits!

Charleston Princess
01-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Yeay for double digits!!! :banana:

One thing about the snowglobes -- I don't think you are allowed to put them in your carry-on luggage -- I remember seeing all sorts of signs near the snowglobes at Disney.

Favorite souvenirs? Hmmm...that's a hard one for me. I think I like the things that are Disney-themed in subtle ways, and of course, I always find stuff I love in Animal Kingdom. :goodvibes

Megablocks
01-22-2010, 10:27 AM
YAY double digits!! :dance3:

Pick a pearl is so much fun. I've done it twice with my mom and my sister, both times at the Japan store in Epcot. I can't find a picture of the one I got last year, but I had it set into a ring, and it's so pretty. I wear it every day, even at work (I'm a front-end supervisor in a grocery store), and it has held up amazingly well, even though I've gotten it snagged on things. It is definitely one of my favorite souvenirs. Another favorite are the park CDs -- we have the Wishes CD and 4 Parks, 1 World. Both are on my iPod and both get a LOT of play. Oh, and the reusable mugs are a favorite of mine, too!

2xcited2sleep
01-22-2010, 10:58 AM
You had to know I'd be in favor of any schedule change involving Beach Club and margaritas!! :goodvibes Sounds perfect!

And yeehaw to double digit dancing!! :woohoo::dance3::woohoo:

SoonerGirl
01-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Oh my gosh! If you're doing the double digit dance today, that mean I am too!! How did I miss that??

Woo Hoo! For double digits!! :cool1::banana::yay::woohoo::dance3::cheer2:

On the favorite souvenir topic - my favorite will be coming up on day 6 of my TR :rolleyes1

But, I also always come home with at least one new Disney Christmas ornament

manntra
01-22-2010, 02:08 PM
:hyper::jumping1::hyper::jumping1::hyper:

WOO HOO for Double Digits!
I will dance with you too because.... I am at 99 days too! :rotfl2:

Tracy

kschafer
01-22-2010, 05:02 PM
WOO HOO!!

Double Digits!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Hmmm....my favorite souvenirs. I really love small Mickey earrings. They give me a touch of Disney on a tough day at work but no one ever notices that they are mickey shaped.

I can't say enough good things about Basin.

I have a kooky pen on my desk at the moment and it makes me smile.

I also love the park cd's. It's great to have Disney music in your car.

Mickey earrings were on my list of other possibilities too. I somehow missed Basin last trip so I am excited to explore. I don't listen to CD's a lot, I'm more of a radio girl but at my old job I listened to DisRadio on the computer a LOT!

YAY for double digits!! And I hope you enjoy Cape May...sounds like a great way to start the morning!!!

Hmmm..My favorite souvies are Disney t-shirts and park CDs!! I love the T-shirts I bought 3 new ones this trip and 1 for Prince P!!!!

I got 3 new shirts and a sweatshirt for Christmas. I keep meaning to post pics of them!

YAY!!! for double digits! Gotta love 'em. The only thing better is single digits!

I hear ya! Unfortunately, single digits are just a glimmer on the horizon!

Yeay for double digits!!! :banana:

One thing about the snowglobes -- I don't think you are allowed to put them in your carry-on luggage -- I remember seeing all sorts of signs near the snowglobes at Disney.

Favorite souvenirs? Hmmm...that's a hard one for me. I think I like the things that are Disney-themed in subtle ways, and of course, I always find stuff I love in Animal Kingdom. :goodvibes

I have heard that about snowglobes, I'll hopefully remember when the time comes :laughing:

YAY double digits!! :dance3:

Pick a pearl is so much fun. I've done it twice with my mom and my sister, both times at the Japan store in Epcot. I can't find a picture of the one I got last year, but I had it set into a ring, and it's so pretty. I wear it every day, even at work (I'm a front-end supervisor in a grocery store), and it has held up amazingly well, even though I've gotten it snagged on things. It is definitely one of my favorite souvenirs. Another favorite are the park CDs -- we have the Wishes CD and 4 Parks, 1 World. Both are on my iPod and both get a LOT of play. Oh, and the reusable mugs are a favorite of mine, too!

I read on a thread that you can find pearl cages on e-bay for a lot less than they cost in Epcot so I may have to go check those out!

You had to know I'd be in favor of any schedule change involving Beach Club and margaritas!! :goodvibes Sounds perfect!

And yeehaw to double digit dancing!! :woohoo::dance3::woohoo:

Gee...I think there is room for one more :rolleyes1

kschafer
01-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Oh my gosh! If you're doing the double digit dance today, that mean I am too!! How did I miss that??

Woo Hoo! For double digits!! :cool1::banana::yay::woohoo::dance3::cheer2:

On the favorite souvenir topic - my favorite will be coming up on day 6 of my TR :rolleyes1

But, I also always come home with at least one new Disney Christmas ornament

:hyper::jumping1::hyper::jumping1::hyper:

WOO HOO for Double Digits!
I will dance with you too because.... I am at 99 days too! :rotfl2:

Tracy

Somehow I KNEW the two of you would be especially excited with me!!

Michelle, can't wait to see your souvie of choice

MeMom
01-22-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm too jealous to dance for you (just kidding), but I'll spin on my head for your double digits. http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/5.gif

We have way more than 99 to go, but when we get there, you'll come and dance or spin on your head for us, right? :)

Earrings are the only kind of jewelry I wear, so I always like finding new Disney ones. That's one of my favorite souvenirs. We also like the beach towels, which we use all the time for everyday tub towels. It's so much happier drying off with a Splash Mountain or Wilderness Lodge towel than just a regular bath towel. :goodvibes My interest in pins is growing, but not to trade - just to represent special places or events from the trips. Kitchen stuff is always fun, too. I have a lot of favorites, I guess.

Basin :thumbsup2

2xcited2sleep
01-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Gee...I think there is room for one more :rolleyes1

I SO wish I could make that happen but I don't think I can. So I will travel vicariously.

I'm too jealous to dance for you (just kidding), but I'll spin on my head for your double digits. http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/5.gif

Look at you, MeMom, busting a move!!! :)

DreaGirl
01-23-2010, 01:44 PM
:woohoo: Double Digits!! It'll fly by now!

kschafer
01-23-2010, 03:03 PM

We have way more than 99 to go, but when we get there, you'll come and dance or spin on your head for us, right? :)

Earrings are the only kind of jewelry I wear, so I always like finding new Disney ones. That's one of my favorite souvenirs. We also like the beach towels, which we use all the time for everyday tub towels. It's so much happier drying off with a Splash Mountain or Wilderness Lodge towel than just a regular bath towel. :goodvibes My interest in pins is growing, but not to trade - just to represent special places or events from the trips. Kitchen stuff is always fun, too. I have a lot of favorites, I guess.

Basin :thumbsup2

I'm always there dancing with you MeMom!

I'm debating entering into the world of pins. I would start with some off of e-bay then trade based on what I like and not worry about what are considered "good" I'm not sure I want to bother on this trip though, I may wait until the boys are with me next time because they may enjoy trading too

I SO wish I could make that happen but I don't think I can. So I will travel vicariously.

:( :sad1:

MeMom's knee must still be sore but that IS quite impressive!

:woohoo: Double Digits!! It'll fly by now!

Let's hope so!

MeMom
01-23-2010, 08:09 PM

Maybe, but I seem to have quite the headache after doing that all day.

I'm always there dancing with you MeMom!

I'm debating entering into the world of pins. I would start with some off of e-bay then trade based on what I like and not worry about what are considered "good" I'm not sure I want to bother on this trip though, I may wait until the boys are with me next time because they may enjoy trading too

MeMom's knee must still be sore but that IS quite impressive!

I just get a pin or two or three each trip that represent something new or special we did. I have them on my information board at school, and they bring me instant happiness when I see them. :)

I'm gonna need head surgery next!!!

brookelizabeth
01-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Double digits!!!! :yay::yay: That is very exciting!!

My favorite souvies are a magnet - we collect a magnet from every place we visit. We have a couple generic WDW ones, so we've started to collect the resort ones now as well. I also like the refillable mugs. In September was the first time I bought 2 Basin bars, upon first use, I have decided at least one bar is a must-have for each trip. They are WONDERFUL.

I have wanted to do the pick-a-pearl, but haven't forked over the cash yet. I think it would be such a lovely item to remind you of the trip! Or another piece of jewelery...the jade in China I would love, but again-haven't forked over the cash. Another thing I've read of people doing is buying a perfume in France, so each time you smell the scent, it would remind you of your trip. :cloud9: