PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the hubbies and kids behind - A May 2010 PTR, TR has begun!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

MEK
03-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Katie -

Nice memories! 2 1/2 hrs for TSM.......OMG! I remember that June! I was there about the same time and I refused to wait for TSM, so I never got on the ride until the following December.

Can you stand it.....We are five weeks away!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

PrincessInOz
03-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Great photos Katie. Now I'm getting scared about 2 1/2 hour waits....hopefully we won't have that in May.

manntra
03-28-2010, 07:41 PM
How fun that you will be able to meet up with your parents when you are there!!!! :hug:
Grrrrr about the flight changes :mad:
Thankfully I haven't seen anything yet....this is my first time on JetBlue and they better make a good impression :rotfl2:
Bought a few more travel sized items today so I have started mentally packing :lmao:

Tracy

2xcited2sleep
03-28-2010, 07:56 PM
34 days! Holy cow! That's practically nothing!!! :banana:

cdotla
03-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Hi Katie! Finally caught up!

First of all - complete bummer on the change in flight time. However, at least it doesn't cut into park touring or other plans. You are only missing an extra 2 hours of zzzz's and can catch up at home.:laughing: Seriously, though, as annoying as it is, thank goodness you were able to still get home in time to enjoy Mother's Day with your family!:love:

What great news that your parents will be coming! I am sure it will be fun hanging out in WDW with your parents, and a nice change from the trips with the whole family when everyone is always focussed on the kids. It will be nice to do some leisurely adult touring with your mom and dad.

Great to hear that you booked the desert party! I completely agree...$26 is a lot easier to justify than over $100.;) Enjoy! We might have booked it, especially since May 8th is also our last nite, but my plan is to leave after Spectro to get back to the Poly to watch Wishes from the beach. But maybe we might see you in the Park before we head out.

Loving the retrospectives...keep them coming! Great excitement builder!:goodvibes

SoonerGirl
03-28-2010, 08:50 PM
I love One Man's Dream - it's a must do for me :goodvibes

Your boys look like they were having a blast doing the wave @ Fantasmic!

Charleston Princess
03-29-2010, 04:33 AM
Great pictures, Katie!!! One Man's Dream is a must-do for us on our next trip!

jenniferkeala808
03-29-2010, 06:48 AM
Great pics Katie! Thanks for sharing! Did you end up getting to ride TSM later on?? I hope so! I haven't tried it yet but I'm looking forward to it to see what the buzz is all about :goodvibes. One Man's Dream wasn't on my to-do's but now that we've extended our trip, I'm sure we'll have enough time to check it out! Thanks for the advice!! Can't wait to see more pics!!

kschafer
03-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Katie -

Nice memories! 2 1/2 hrs for TSM.......OMG! I remember that June! I was there about the same time and I refused to wait for TSM, so I never got on the ride until the following December.

Can you stand it.....We are five weeks away!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

I'm glad I missed the running with the bulls at RD for that one! I sure hope it's gotten better!

Great photos Katie. Now I'm getting scared about 2 1/2 hour waits....hopefully we won't have that in May.

It had only been open about 2 weeks on that trip, the new novelty with the June crowds were insane! I'm sure it won't be THAT bad in May!

How fun that you will be able to meet up with your parents when you are there!!!! :hug:
Grrrrr about the flight changes :mad:
Thankfully I haven't seen anything yet....this is my first time on JetBlue and they better make a good impression :rotfl2:
Bought a few more travel sized items today so I have started mentally packing :lmao:

Tracy

oooh, travel items :thumbsup2

34 days! Holy cow! That's practically nothing!!! :banana:

Before you know it, we will be able to say next month we're going to Disney :cool1:

kschafer
03-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi Katie! Finally caught up!

First of all - complete bummer on the change in flight time. However, at least it doesn't cut into park touring or other plans. You are only missing an extra 2 hours of zzzz's and can catch up at home.:laughing: Seriously, though, as annoying as it is, thank goodness you were able to still get home in time to enjoy Mother's Day with your family!:love:

What great news that your parents will be coming! I am sure it will be fun hanging out in WDW with your parents, and a nice change from the trips with the whole family when everyone is always focussed on the kids. It will be nice to do some leisurely adult touring with your mom and dad.

Great to hear that you booked the desert party! I completely agree...$26 is a lot easier to justify than over $100.;) Enjoy! We might have booked it, especially since May 8th is also our last nite, but my plan is to leave after Spectro to get back to the Poly to watch Wishes from the beach. But maybe we might see you in the Park before we head out.

Loving the retrospectives...keep them coming! Great excitement builder!:goodvibes

I figure I can take a nap on at least 1 of the 3 legs of my journey home :lmao:

I'm excited to hear which park they will be joining us in!

That's why we are doing the deluxe dining plan too, the cost is so much easier to swallow for just me vs. all 4 of us!

I love One Man's Dream - it's a must do for me :goodvibes

Your boys look like they were having a blast doing the wave @ Fantasmic!

I'm thinking we may kick off our trip with One Man's Dream and the Animator's studio between our Brown Derby dinner and Fantasmic. Kind of ease into the Disney thing!

Yes, the boys thought the wave was a blast...Mom and Dad could have done without but it was fun to watch the kids and a good way to kill time I guess.

Great pictures, Katie!!! One Man's Dream is a must-do for us on our next trip!

Have you done it before CP? It is really great! We missed the movie last time so I am looking forward to seeing it this time

Great pics Katie! Thanks for sharing! Did you end up getting to ride TSM later on?? I hope so! I haven't tried it yet but I'm looking forward to it to see what the buzz is all about :goodvibes. One Man's Dream wasn't on my to-do's but now that we've extended our trip, I'm sure we'll have enough time to check it out! Thanks for the advice!! Can't wait to see more pics!!

We had gotten to ride it a few days earlier but I am ready to hit it again! One Man's Dream is definitely a great tribute to a great man!

MHTeacher
03-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Love all your "flash-back"pictures, Katie.

33 days!!!! That's like nothing! It'll be here before you know it! :yay:

sunny_stace
03-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Oh Katie your boys are so cute! I love the flashbacks! :)

MEK
03-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Oh katie - I just read about your flight changes and that pretty much STINKS.... but at least they didn't mess with your departure. The dessert party sounds like fun. I definately considered it. How great that you are going to see your mom!

julezdisney
03-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Just pokin' through... what day did you book dessert party? I was thinkin' of doin it too.... r u talkin' MK right? Our day is for the 6th now though...

kschafer
03-31-2010, 05:14 PM
Love all your "flash-back"pictures, Katie.

33 days!!!! That's like nothing! It'll be here before you know it! :yay:

Thanks, I had better pick up the pace a bit because before I know it, there will be more important things to deal with!!

Oh Katie your boys are so cute! I love the flashbacks! :)

Thanks Stace, sometimes I forget how much smaller they were only 2 years ago but when I think about things like, we were still potty training Daniel that summer...it seems like ages ago! patrick lost his first tooth right before our trip and Daniel just recently lost his first tooth. I don't know how times flies and crawls along at the same time when it comes to them :confused3

Oh katie - I just read about your flight changes and that pretty much STINKS.... but at least they didn't mess with your departure. The dessert party sounds like fun. I definately considered it. How great that you are going to see your mom!

hey Mary Ellen! Haven't seen you around in awhile. How is your trip coming along? Before you know it we will get to meet at last! :cool1:

Just pokin' through... what day did you book dessert party? I was thinkin' of doin it too.... r u talkin' MK right? Our day is for the 6th now though...

Yes, we still have a date for the 6th, we are saving the dessert party for our last day, the 8th.

MEK
03-31-2010, 07:00 PM
hey Mary Ellen! Haven't seen you around in awhile. How is your trip coming along? Before you know it we will get to meet at last! :cool1:

We have had a little drama in the child care area. I don't know if I should call it child care because my kids are teens - rather supervising adult area. We are trying to have a "check-in" adult for every day we are away. We want the kids accountable to someone every evening, whether they sleep at that house or the adult comes to our house. It's still not finalized, but its coming together. That, and my oldest son is having some behavior issues. We almost pulled the plug on the trip a few times. At one point Denny was going to stay home and I was going to change to a smaller villa. But today was day 31 and I didn't make any changes, so its still a go. We both decided we really want to stay at the WL, so its VWL or bust!

We will be arriving Sunday at 3pm. That should give us time to check in, un pack, head to the Wave for dinner, and hit MK. Our departure flight is 7:40pm on Friday, so we essentially have all day. I only changed one ADR.....I decided to go to Sanaa instead of Yak n Yeti on the 5th, but I certainly hope our EE in the dark meet is still on. I am really looking forward to that!

So that's basically what's happening on my end. But I have decided that traveling and leaving teens at home is getting too stressful, so I don't think we will be doing it for awhile after this!

kschafer
04-01-2010, 07:05 AM
We have had a little drama in the child care area. I don't know if I should call it child care because my kids are teens - rather supervising adult area. We are trying to have a "check-in" adult for every day we are away. We want the kids accountable to someone every evening, whether they sleep at that house or the adult comes to our house. It's still not finalized, but its coming together. That, and my oldest son is having some behavior issues. We almost pulled the plug on the trip a few times. At one point Denny was going to stay home and I was going to change to a smaller villa. But today was day 31 and I didn't make any changes, so its still a go. We both decided we really want to stay at the WL, so its VWL or bust!

We will be arriving Sunday at 3pm. That should give us time to check in, un pack, head to the Wave for dinner, and hit MK. Our departure flight is 7:40pm on Friday, so we essentially have all day. I only changed one ADR.....I decided to go to Sanaa instead of Yak n Yeti on the 5th, but I certainly hope our EE in the dark meet is still on. I am really looking forward to that!

So that's basically what's happening on my end. But I have decided that traveling and leaving teens at home is getting too stressful, so I don't think we will be doing it for awhile after this!

UGH! :headache: I can imagine the stress of leaving teens behind! Glad to hear the trip is still a go! yes, we are definitely still on for our EE meet!!

I have had some changes to our dining also but I think I will wait until I start the "10 days from now" countdown to reveal them...since that won't be long now!!!!

kschafer
04-01-2010, 07:27 AM
We leave 1 month from today!!!!!!!

Yes, only 30 short days.

party:We can now say "NEXT MONTH we will be in Disney!!" party:

And THAT is no April Fools

I was hoping to have a really fun update for today complete with shirt pictures and Mickey mail but alas...no such luck. Still waiting on Mickey and haven't quite got to those shirts done yet. I promise they will appear!

I do have some interesting changes in the works but I am waiting to talk them over with Beth. We are getting together tomorrow to iron out our plans a bit. I'm also waiting to hear my parents final plans. I found them a great FL resident rate on a value room and an AMAZING deal on multi-day tickets but my parents are...well...cheap! They would describe themselves as frugal but they are hesitating on taking these deals because it would require them to purchase FL resident ID's (they bought their place there a year ago) because they are $40 or $50 each.

I am struggling a bit with some guilt over them joining us. I feel bad that we will not be dining with them (I am going to try to convince them to join us for one meal). But I also know they wouldn't be happy with the cost and they are both VERY light eaters so they wouldn't eat half their meals anyways! Mom also mentioned that Dad had asked how much it would be for them to stay at CSR but they would never pay the extra cost and there are only king rooms left which come with a higher price tag to start with. I'm trying to remind myself of the advice I just gave Michelle about her family deciding to tag along after she had their trip all planned...they have to respect our plans already made and enjoy the time together that we can.

Anyways...on with the flashbacks!

We woke up at a decent time from our first night onsite. I’m not certain what time we arrived to Magic Kingdom but I’m pretty sure we took the first ferry ride of the morning. In fact the CM’s were handing out sidewalk chalk for the kids to sign their names while waiting

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip238.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/100.jpg

We stopped in front of the castle to say good morning

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/image115-1.jpg

Then headed into tomorrowland to grab FP’s for Buzz and go for a rocket ride!

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip248.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/213.jpg

We visited the laugh floor then defeated this guy

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/212.jpg

And went for a spin on the “race”track

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/214.jpg

I think we then grabbed lunch and headed back to OKW for a rest but stopped for some more pics on the way

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/image120.jpg

Everyone fell asleep quickly and woke up ready for more! We headed to the Poly for our dinner at Kona where I finally got one of these bad boys (the lapu lapu, not Patrick ;))

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/217.jpg

Then went back into the park where we waited out a storm but Daniel had a great time anyways!

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/B-2.jpg

I don’t remember doing anything else at this point and I have no more pictures (I tried talking the boys into Pirates or Jungle Cruise with no luck) so we must have just headed to grab our parade seats after the rain stopped

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip275.jpg

Spectromagic and wishes were amazing but I decided to just soak in the moment and put my camera away. This really was my most special moment with my boys. I thought we would head back to the resort but Greg surprised me and suggested we go ride the carousel, something I had very much wanted to do at night :lovestruc

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip281.jpg

Then decided it would be a good idea to leave while the second showing of spectro was going

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/015.jpg

But I got sidelined by 2 childhood dreams. As a kid, my parents took us to Disney but spent as little money as possible beyond our tickets (see... cheap/frugal) and there were 2 things I was always jealous of seeing other kids with and I decided now that I had my own money, I was going to get them!

First we stopped at Le Chapeau and made our own Mickey ears! We left them for resort delivery since we wanted out names on them.

Second, I HAD to get myself a Mickey balloon

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip287.jpg

Looking at my pictures, it doesn’t look like we did a whole lot but this day stands out in my mind of the best one of our trip. It was awesome!

MEK
04-01-2010, 08:56 AM
:woohoo::worship::cool1::thumbsup2:yay::dance3::ch eer2::banana:

Here's to 30 Days!!!!!!!!

I would love to drag out the ol' suitcase this weekend and start ironing my summer clothes. I did take inventory of my croc jibitz! :rotfl:

MHTeacher
04-01-2010, 02:31 PM
:rockband::dancer::dancer::dancer::rockband:

30 DAYS!!!

kschafer
04-02-2010, 08:00 AM
:woohoo::worship::cool1::thumbsup2:yay::dance3::ch eer2::banana:

Here's to 30 Days!!!!!!!!

I would love to drag out the ol' suitcase this weekend and start ironing my summer clothes. I did take inventory of my croc jibitz! :rotfl:

I'm not into Crocs but I do think the jibitz are cute! How many do you have? I'm thinking the suitcase will appear sometime in the next week, after Easter sounds good

:rockband::dancer::dancer::dancer::rockband:

30 DAYS!!!

I KNOW!!!!!!!

cdotla
04-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Hey Katie...first of all...YAY for less than 1 month to go!!!!:banana:

I am enjoying the continued flashbacks. I am sure it is bittersweet for you remembering the fun times with your guys on past trips, but knowing they won't be joining you this time.:guilty: However, I can firmly attest to the fact that once you get there, you will love touring the parks yourself and doing all those adult things you sometimes don't get to do with the kiddos!:)

I guess we are in somewhat of the same boat with the last minute additional people joining you on the trip and not necessarily wanting to do the same things you had planned (or at least having to pay the price to do so!:rotfl:)

Let's stay strong on this - keep the plans you really would die not to do and have been looking forward to for months, and bend on the other things in order to spend time together. I know it is hard!

Can't believe how close we are to being in DIsney!!!!:goodvibes

julezdisney
04-02-2010, 10:04 PM
How did ur friend's appt. go? every thing set for ur triP?

disbugsmomma
04-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Hi, :wave: I just found this the other day and finally caught up tonight. Love the flashbacks, it's great to remember previous trips. :goodvibes

We are also going to be at WDW at the beginning of May. We will be arriving on Sunday the 2nd and leaving the 14th. I can't believe how many of us will be there that first week. :woohoo: Yay to less than a month to go! :jumping1:

Megablocks
04-02-2010, 10:27 PM
I missed the 30 day update yesterday, but now you're in the 20's! 4 more weeks :yay: I can't believe it's coming so quickly!

kschafer
04-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Hey Katie...first of all...YAY for less than 1 month to go!!!!:banana:

I am enjoying the continued flashbacks. I am sure it is bittersweet for you remembering the fun times with your guys on past trips, but knowing they won't be joining you this time.:guilty: However, I can firmly attest to the fact that once you get there, you will love touring the parks yourself and doing all those adult things you sometimes don't get to do with the kiddos!:)

I guess we are in somewhat of the same boat with the last minute additional people joining you on the trip and not necessarily wanting to do the same things you had planned (or at least having to pay the price to do so!:rotfl:)

Let's stay strong on this - keep the plans you really would die not to do and have been looking forward to for months, and bend on the other things in order to spend time together. I know it is hard!

Can't believe how close we are to being in DIsney!!!!:goodvibes

:headache: TRISH! I said in my last update that Michelle had last minute family joining her trip but it was YOU! Sorry, everyone's PTR's are getting mixed up in my head!! There are a few changes in the works because of my parents joining us but it will all work out OK. I've gotten over the guilt with remembering that if it was important to my parents to stay at the same resort we are, they could! If they don't want to pay the extra cost, than it's not that important to them so why should I feel bad?

I said something to Daniel at bedtime last night about my Disney trip and he started to tear up. I asked him to remind me what I was bringing him from Disney and he perked up quickly :lmao: He did want to lay down in my bed with me and told me he was going to stay with me ALL day today so I have a feeling I will have a little velcro kid for a few days when I return but it will all be fine (I hope!)

How did ur friend's appt. go? every thing set for ur triP?

her appointment is in 10 days but she is going to try to push her doc because of our time limits. She is still hopeful!

Hi, :wave: I just found this the other day and finally caught up tonight. Love the flashbacks, it's great to remember previous trips. :goodvibes

We are also going to be at WDW at the beginning of May. We will be arriving on Sunday the 2nd and leaving the 14th. I can't believe how many of us will be there that first week. :woohoo: Yay to less than a month to go! :jumping1:

Hey there! :welcome: Yes, there will be a lot of us there that week, it will be great! I'm gonna pop over to your PTR to see your plans!

I missed the 30 day update yesterday, but now you're in the 20's! 4 more weeks :yay: I can't believe it's coming so quickly!

When I think about everything I still have to DO, I think these 4 weeks will go fast! I have thought out a lot of these things but haven't started on their execution yet :rolleyes1

:yay:
4 weeks to go!!! :yay:

Beth and I got together yesterday to go over our plans and discuss a few things in a little more detail. We have made a couple changes but I will reveal those when we get to the "10 days from today" countdown

I do however need a little help from my fellow disers who know SO much!!

I haven't mentioned this around here because I don't want to share too much about Beth's personal business but I think you can all help me out here so I will explain briefly...

Beth suffers from a nerve disorder that affects her left arm and shoulder. Basically, she may feel pain from even gentle touches. She must be very protective obviously from being jostled too much. She and I discussed different rides and talked about which ones she should probably avoid (she would love to ride any of them so fear factor isn't in play here). She told me that she can wait until we get there and look at the ride before deciding but so many of Disney's attractions are enclosed I'm not sure that will be very helpful. Because I haven't tried a number or rides or have only done once, I am in need of advice from those of you who have been more often than me.

SO help me out...she says the worst things would be anything that has a lot of side-to-side motion or sudden, jerky stops. She is OK with up and down or even spinning (ToT and Tea Cups are both fine for example) What rides do you think she will want to avoid?

some we talked about:
BTMRR (luckily this one she can see in advance but it just has that rickety feel to it and I am not sure would be good for her)
Dinosaur (I haven't ridden it but I always hear this is pretty rough)
Space Mtn (how jerky is this after the refurb? I haven't been on in years)
RnR (I thought it was pretty smooth when I rode but I'm not as sensitive as she is so I don't know, she says the fast take-off is no problem but I can't remember how it stops)
Test Track (again, I don't remember this being as too rough but maybe not a good one?)
Star Tours (what do you think? I haven't been on)
EE (too rough? Another I haven't tried yet)

Any others we should consider? I did suggest she could youtube some of them and watch the videos to get a sense of the rides, that might be helpful in making decisions.

Bring on the advice!!

SoonerGirl
04-03-2010, 11:08 AM
:headache: TRISH! I said in my last update that Michelle had last minute family joining her trip but it was YOU!

:lmao: I read that in your post and thought 'does she know something I don't know??? :lmao:

some we talked about:
BTMRR (luckily this one she can see in advance but it just has that rickety feel to it and I am not sure would be good for her)
Dinosaur (I haven't ridden it but I always hear this is pretty rough)
Space Mtn (how jerky is this after the refurb? I haven't been on in years)
RnR (I thought it was pretty smooth when I rode but I'm not as sensitive as she is so I don't know, she says the fast take-off is no problem but I can't remember how it stops)
Test Track (again, I don't remember this being as too rough but maybe not a good one?)
Star Tours (what do you think? I haven't been on)
EE (too rough? Another I haven't tried yet)

BTMRR can be pretty bumpy - I've slid back and forth in my seat a few times on that one!
Dinosaur will shake fillings loose :laughing:
Not sure about Space, to me it's not really all that smooth, but I don't really think she would bump her side much on that one - she would have her own seat, so wouldn't have to worry about bumping someone next to her.
RnRC is pretty smooth, but I can't really remember the stop at the end.
TT has some rough spots - going over the 'bumps' in the road and doing some of the sharp turns, not to mention the one where it turns suddenly to avoid the 'collision' with the semi.
Star Tours - no way, very shaky and bumpy
EE - the ride itself is pretty smooth, but it does have a sudden stop at the end, as long as she is braced and ready for it, it should be okay though.

manntra
04-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Awwwww MEK!! :hug: Everything will work out!! I am just happy you are still able to make it! :goodvibes
And Katie everything will work out with your parents....I am sure it's hard to visualize everything especially after all of your planning that you have done.

I was thinking about the rides that you mentioned and here is what I came up with (IMO)

Dinosaur: yes, can be rough...a lot of side to side moving around
SM...not sure after the refurb but I think the ride is the same and just some of the lights/graphic stuff is different.....is kind of jerky though
RNRRC...I think this is very jerky....I am short and this one really bangs my head back and forth....I will ride it but ughhhhh it hurts
TT maybe okay.....but hmmmm there are a few quick stops and bumpy parts
Startours has a lot of motion too....and TSMM also has quick whips around the corners...
EE will be fine too...it is very smooth....especially after our Lost on Safari :rotfl2:
I can't believe we are at 28 days already.....I hope this month flies by!

Tracy

Megablocks
04-03-2010, 11:39 AM
BTMRR and Dinosaur are really bumpy. Dinosaur especially is insane! I've been in the front car on BTMRR before and it doesn't feel AS bad as the very back, but it's still easy to slide back and forth, and it does have a jerk at the end when it's slowing down/stopping, no matter where you are.

I though that Space Mountain was pretty smooth after the refurb, but not like EE -- I might be a little leery of it if I had what Beth has, but you're seated single file, so that might help. EE is pretty smooth but the end does have a little jerk. Same with RnRC -- at the end, it has a jerk when it's slowing then stopping. I haven't been on Star Tours in a LONG time, but from what I remember, it was really shaky because the seats, or something, move around a lot. TT has bumps and sharp turns, like when it has no ABS.

kschafer
04-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Happy Easter Everyone!!
Here's hoping you all found a way, even if a small way like us, to spend your day and celebrate!

:lmao: I read that in your post and thought 'does she know something I don't know??? :lmao:

:laughing: Actually I was thinking of MHTeacher, a different Michelle!

Awwwww MEK!! :hug: Everything will work out!! I am just happy you are still able to make it! :goodvibes
And Katie everything will work out with your parents....I am sure it's hard to visualize everything especially after all of your planning that you have done.

I can't believe we are at 28 days already.....I hope this month flies by!

I would have been heartbroken if MEK hasn't been able to come!

Our adjusted plans will be fine. We are giving up one of our ADR's and I'm bummed but we are adding a new one so I will look forward to that!

Thanks Michelle, Tracy and Meghan for your input!! I'm taking notes and will pass them on to Beth to help her decide.

Others?

SoonerGirl
04-04-2010, 05:45 PM

:thumbsup2 I actually thought about that after I typed that, since she has another trip right around the corner (lucky girl!). I've come to the conclusion that there are just too many Michelle's out there - I get confused all the time! :laughing:

kcandbella
04-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Ok for some reason your PTR got moved to the wrong folder in my subscriptions list so I am way behind. I am going to have to go back and get all caught up! But I am so excited that we are so close to getting there!!!

MHTeacher
04-05-2010, 12:20 PM

:confused3:confused3:confused3

I actually thought about that after I typed that, since she has another trip right around the corner (lucky girl!). I've come to the conclusion that there are just too many Michelle's out there - I get confused all the time! :laughing:

Wow, I was getting a little confused for a minute----(Who am I kidding, I'm confused a lot of minutes! ;) )

kschafer
04-05-2010, 02:21 PM
:thumbsup2 I actually thought about that after I typed that, since she has another trip right around the corner (lucky girl!). I've come to the conclusion that there are just too many Michelle's out there - I get confused all the time! :laughing:

Our generation is full of Michelles and Jennifers! I didn't know any other Katie's for several years but it is pretty common now. My Mother's name is Grace and she said it was decades before she knew anyone younger than her with that name!

Ok for some reason your PTR got moved to the wrong folder in my subscriptions list so I am way behind. I am going to have to go back and get all caught up! But I am so excited that we are so close to getting there!!!

NEXT month Kayce!!

:confused3:confused3:confused3

Wow, I was getting a little confused for a minute----(Who am I kidding, I'm confused a lot of minutes! ;) )

Sorry if you missed it...I commented that I had given Michelle advice when she had late comers join her vacation. I was thinking it was you, it was Trish but Michelle (SoonerGirl) thought I was talking about her.

Sorry to add to anyones confusion!!

Can someone tell me where my Mickey Mail is??????? :confused3 I am anxiously awaiting the mailman's arrival everyday only to be bummed it's not here yet!

SoonerGirl
04-05-2010, 03:59 PM

:laughing: It's the children! I swear I was a very put together, organized person before I had kids - now my brain is a jumbled mess most of the time!

kschafer
04-05-2010, 04:15 PM
:laughing: It's the children! I swear I was a very put together, organized person before I had kids - now my brain is a jumbled mess most of the time!

When the kids leave do we get our previous brains back or do we just start to transition to "old lady" brain?

SoonerGirl
04-05-2010, 05:03 PM
When the kids leave do we get our previous brains back or do we just start to transition to "old lady" brain?

Unfortunately, I'm afraid it's probably the later....... ;)

sunny_stace
04-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Don't worry Katie, I just got my Mickey Mail less than 2 weeks ago! I'm sure yours is on it's way! :) Not long now!

Beth should definately stay away from Dinosaur and BTMRR! Everest isn't super jerky but it pushes you around a little....same with RNR. Also Test Track. I still suggest checking out Youtube to get a preview of how the attractions may affect her.

kcandbella
04-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Can someone tell me where my Mickey Mail is??????? :confused3 I am anxiously awaiting the mailman's arrival everyday only to be bummed it's not here yet![/QUOTE]

Don't worry, you'll get it! I was surprised we got ours so early. I know it must be hard to be patient, but it'll get there!!! :goodvibes

jenniferkeala808
04-06-2010, 07:39 AM
party:party::dancer::dancer:Your ticker says 25 days?!?!?!?!?party:party::dancer::dancer:

kschafer
04-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Unfortunately, I'm afraid it's probably the later....... ;)

:headache: I was afraid that would be the case!

Don't worry Katie, I just got my Mickey Mail less than 2 weeks ago! I'm sure yours is on it's way! :) Not long now!

OMG Stacy! Your trip is coming up so soon!!!

Don't worry, you'll get it! I was surprised we got ours so early. I know it must be hard to be patient, but it'll get there!!! :goodvibes

I actually got an e-mail from my TA yesterday saying it had arrived and she would be sending it today. Only 2 or 3 days to wait! :woohoo:

party:party::dancer::dancer:Your ticker says 25 days?!?!?!?!?party:party::dancer::dancer:

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!! I'd better start my to-do list, it doesn't seem too early now!!!!!

kschafer
04-06-2010, 09:53 AM
I had better get a move on if I’m going to get through these flashbacks because as Keala so happily points out...I only have 25 days to go!!

This is the point where my memory of our 2008 trip starts to get a little blurry. We were on vacation overload, the boys were getting tired of constantly being on the move. I think we let the boys sleep in, took our time getting up and going and finally headed out to

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/image131.jpg

We went directly to grab FP’s from

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/image138.jpg

Then stopped for lunch at Flametree BBQ. We had dinner ADR’s at Whispering Canyon Café but with our late start, we ended up cancelling so we could stay until park closing.

I think after lunch we grabbed FP’s for the safari then headed over to meet some friends

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/image186.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/image164.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/image152.jpg

As you can see, Daniel was terribly impressed! :laughing:

We got in line for the last FOTLK show. It was fantastic! Daniel woke up for it but was a bit frightened of all the costumes. I can’t help wonder how the boys would see things differently with 2 years of growing up. How long do you think I need to wait after this trip before suggesting to Greg another one? :rolleyes:

After stopping for a few snacks and we were moving on, the parade had already begun, we knew it circled around the Tree of Life then back through Africa. We saw the tail end pass by Camp Minnie-Mickey then booked it to Harambe. As we approached the parade route, a CM was just starting to tell people “this way to get to the safari, step up to the white line for the parade” and we stepped up and got a front row view!! Sorry, no pictures…what was I thinking? :confused3

Patrick decided he didn’t want to ride the safari (he had been scared by the collapsing bridge) so he and Greg went and took some pictures

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/021b.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/024b.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/025.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/022.jpg

While Daniel and I went on the safari. The guide said he had never seen a hippo on land before (but I have seen them on other TR’s so maybe that was just to make us feel special)

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip294.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip312.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip316.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip313.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip332.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip337.jpg

After our tour was cut short by those poachers, we met up with Greg and Patrick and headed toward Dinoland. The plan was for me to hang out with the boys while Greg rode EE then we would switch. Unfortunately, Mother Nature had other plans in mind! The boys and I decided to ride Triceratop spin as raindrops started to fall.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip343.jpg

We were going to play in the boneyard but instead we ducked into the gift shop just as the skies opened up! Soon Greg was with us reporting that EE was closed due to lightning. We hung out for awhile in the gift shop where the kids had fun. The CM’s even invited all the kids in the store (we were not the only ones waiting out the rain) to make a potato head and have a parade.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip345.jpg

It was a cute way to kill some time and Patrick got a magical moment certificate for participating. The rain finally started to let up as park closing started to approach so we gave up our hopes of an encounter with the yeti and went back to OKW where we grabbed dinner and called it an early night

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip347.jpg

SoonerGirl
04-06-2010, 11:08 AM
I love all of your flashbacks Katie! And, I agree, the trip is sneaking up on us fast - I really wanted to do some flashback posts myself on my PTR after seeing yours, but I'm running out of time!

MHTeacher
04-06-2010, 11:16 AM
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip313.jpg

Wow---I love this picture---It's beautiful! :goodvibes

:laughing:Too funny about Daniel sleeping through your meeting with Donald !

kschafer
04-08-2010, 09:59 AM
I love all of your flashbacks Katie! And, I agree, the trip is sneaking up on us fast - I really wanted to do some flashback posts myself on my PTR after seeing yours, but I'm running out of time!

I think only a couple of you are following along because many of my readers followed the last TR but I needed something to kill the time :lmao: I'm glad someone is enjoying them!

Wow---I love this picture---It's beautiful! :goodvibes

:laughing:Too funny about Daniel sleeping through your meeting with Donald !

At first I thought that was a stroke of luck but as I looked at it after the fact, I'm pretty certain there is a feeder in that stump so that lots of visitors see something like that...sneaky Disney!

Oh Daniel!! (another one like that coming) He just needed those naps and he was scared of the characters anyways so it worked out for Patrick to enjoy them while Daniel got to miss seeing them

kschafer
04-08-2010, 10:03 AM
2 days left of our 2008 trip and 2 updates in 1 day!

We woke up the next morning with only 1 night left of our trip and we hadn’t made it over to DTD yet. We were hoping to take the boat from OKW but they didn’t start running until the afternoon so instead we drove there at opening time.

We grabbed breakfast at WPE then did some wandering. I don’t think we bought anything more than a few postcards but had a fun morning anyways

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip352.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip361.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip350.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip349.jpg

Finally we made our way to Epcot for the day. I don’t recall doing anything in FW except stopping for a PP picture.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/image201.jpg

I think our main goal for the day was the boys passports so we spent time exploring the WS searching for the kidcot stations and the pressed penny machines (trying to collect one from each country) This was a great way to keep the boys entertained with something to do but because the stations are not always in easy to find spots, Greg and I enjoyed looking around the pavillions while we searched

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip362.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip388.jpg

After making our way to Italy, we grabbed the boat across the lagoon to save our feet. We waited awhile because they were bringing out the fireworks barges, that was cool to see but sorry…no pics. We had a date with some characters at the VISA meet and greet.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/image211.jpg

Again, Daniel was terribly impressed!

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/image222.jpg

We headed back to WS where we dined at LeCellier and finished our WS loop

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip389.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip391.jpg

We went back to the resort where Patrick found a birthday surprise waiting for him

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip393.jpg

kschafer
04-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Our final day was scheduled to be a partial day. We planned to stay through the afternoon parade then head south to my parents house. It was a bit grey and dreary and VERY humid!

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/058.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/image230.jpg

We spent the morning in Fantasyland and Toon Town

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip404.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip409.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip410.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip406.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip408.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/090.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/092.jpg

We then grabbed the train over to Liberty Square

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip411.jpg

Where we had lunch at LTT then went for a ride on the Liberty Belle

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip412.jpg
(this is as close as I came to HM…I will be back finally!)

The rain had started to fall during lunch and just continued to get progressively harder during the boat ride. The day matched our moods. The boys were cranky, Greg was a grouch about wet shoes and I just wasn’t feeling the pixie dust. It was at this time we decided it was time to end our time and head to my parents early (during which time it absolutely DOWNPOURED!) We even missed out on the chance to ride up front of the monorail…little did I know it would be our last chance!

So to not leave you on a total bummer… I thought I would share pics from our time with Mom and Dad. Sleeping…

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip420.jpg

Going to the farmers market…

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip418.jpg

Hitting the beach…

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/015-1.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/006.jpg

And playing in the fountains…

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/018.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/019-1.jpg

It was a relaxing couple days which revived us for the final leg of our trip, Seaworld! Perhaps if I have time, I’ll throw those pics later.

SoonerGirl
04-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Ahhhhh, the beach looks heavenly! I could go for some warm sun, a cocktail and a bit of sand and surf right about now! We aren't supposed to take a family vacation this year, but I told Don the other day that we really need to go to the beach. I just wish it wasn't so far for us to drive to get to one!

I totally understand your last day blahs, I had them myself this past trip. Sometimes, even though you have had an amazing trip, you are just ready for a change of scenery, ya know?

MHTeacher
04-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Love the beach---For me, that is the ultimate relaxing vacation---just sitting in my chair, under an umbrella, with a book. *SIGH*

kcandbella
04-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Your 2008 trip looks like so much fun! And even though you want to finish, YAY for getting close to running out of time before we go!!!! :woohoo:

sunny_stace
04-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Katie your boys are so precious! Any news on Beth's procedure? Has she had a chance to scope out any of the rides in anyway yet to see what can and cannot be done? Have you started packing yet?

100acrewoodsfan
04-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Katie I love the report! It's making me so excited out our upcoming trip. I stumbled across your trip report a few days ago. I was very excited you are going to be there when we are and was going to invite you to the Cinco De Mayo meet up. I was half way through your report when finally I realized you had organized it. Got to start paying attention to names. Can't wait to meet you guys. 27 days till Margaritas! :banana:

MeMom
04-09-2010, 04:02 AM
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip332.jpg

This is my favorite of this bunch.
He's totally into it. :)

PrincessInOz
04-09-2010, 05:27 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos and flashbacks. It's making me want the time to go quickly...rather than taking it slow and savouring the delicious thoughts of 3 weeks till May.:thumbsup2

Keep them coming.

MeMom
04-09-2010, 05:33 AM
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip352.jpg

Oh, and this is definitely the photo op I had in mind for Bella's party. Instead, I ended up with a tiny little log they could barely fit on, but at least we were trying to 'show our Disney'! :laughing:

kschafer
04-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Ahhhhh, the beach looks heavenly! I could go for some warm sun, a cocktail and a bit of sand and surf right about now! We aren't supposed to take a family vacation this year, but I told Don the other day that we really need to go to the beach. I just wish it wasn't so far for us to drive to get to one!

I totally understand your last day blahs, I had them myself this past trip. Sometimes, even though you have had an amazing trip, you are just ready for a change of scenery, ya know?

I have family in Michigan only a few miles from Lake Michigan who we visit most summers so even though it's not quite the same as the ocean, we always make a point to visit a beach there and spend some time in the sand and water. The boys never knew until this vacation the difference between fresh and salt water...that was a bit of a shock! :lmao:

Yeah, last day blahs hit me hard! I think I will be ready to go home on Sunday morning but will plan to enjoy our last day on Saturday this time!

Love the beach---For me, that is the ultimate relaxing vacation---just sitting in my chair, under an umbrella, with a book. *SIGH*

I don't think I could spend a whole vacation there but a day or two sure is relaxing :beach:

Your 2008 trip looks like so much fun! And even though you want to finish, YAY for getting close to running out of time before we go!!!! :woohoo:

That is not such a bad problem to have :laughing:

Katie your boys are so precious! Any news on Beth's procedure? Has she had a chance to scope out any of the rides in anyway yet to see what can and cannot be done? Have you started packing yet?

She meets with the doctor on Tuesday. Everything else is in order for her procedure so hopefully the doctor will say "let's do it now! (or at least by the end of the week) she will have to have a 2 week follow-up and it would be awesome if that was done before we left!! (yes, time is of the essence, she is prepared to cry for the doctor if needed :sad1:...non-refundable Doc!)

Nope, no packing but my to-do list has started

Katie I love the report! It's making me so excited out our upcoming trip. I stumbled across your trip report a few days ago. I was very excited you are going to be there when we are and was going to invite you to the Cinco De Mayo meet up. I was half way through your report when finally I realized you had organized it. Got to start paying attention to names. Can't wait to meet you guys. 27 days till Margaritas! :banana:

:welcome: to my PTR! The 5/5 meet is going to be huge!! What an awesome memory that is going to be :thumbsup2

This is my favorite of this bunch.
He's totally into it. :)

Pretty sweet when you get to catch those moments :lovestruc

LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos and flashbacks. It's making me want the time to go quickly...rather than taking it slow and savouring the delicious thoughts of 3 weeks till May.:thumbsup2

Keep them coming.

I am ready for time to move quickly although honestly, I feel like it has up until now and in another week, that to-do list will start becoming a priority. It will fly at that point!

Oh, and this is definitely the photo op I had in mind for Bella's party. Instead, I ended up with a tiny little log they could barely fit on, but at least we were trying to 'show our Disney'! :laughing:

I totally got that reference MeMom!! We can't all be Disney :wizard:

:dancer: MICKEY MAIL AT LAST!!!!!!!!!! :dancer:

fun update coming soon

cdotla
04-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Whew! All caught up again! Love the recap of your last trip.

Laughing about your final boatride in WDW with the cranky "men" - LOL! And how unfortunate that you missed out on the ride upfront in the monorail in light of what has happened.:sad2: Hopefully one day again soon, right?

And yay for Mickey Mail!:banana:

sunny_stace
04-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Yay for Mickey Mail!!! :) :) :)

Charleston Princess
04-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Looking forward to the fun update with Mickey Mail! popcorn::

kschafer
04-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Whew! All caught up again! Love the recap of your last trip.

Laughing about your final boatride in WDW with the cranky "men" - LOL! And how unfortunate that you missed out on the ride upfront in the monorail in light of what has happened.:sad2: Hopefully one day again soon, right?

And yay for Mickey Mail!:banana:

I was sad to miss out on the parade that day but I would have been miserable sitting there with grumpy guys! I'd had enough and when we left, I tried to tell Greg the protocol for riding in the front of the monorail but he just kept pushing forward when we got to the platform. While waiting, we watched another family escorted to the front area and I told him that's what we needed to do. He asked me if I wanted to wait for the next one and I said yes, then he saw the family there folding up their stroller and he started complaining about having to do that again and I gave up! Yeah, not a great memory to end our trip :guilty:

Yay for Mickey Mail!!! :) :) :)

Looking forward to the fun update with Mickey Mail! popcorn::

coming right up!!

kschafer
04-10-2010, 07:23 AM
OK, how lame am I? Last night I was watching TV and a commercial for WDW came on with those awesome Mickey balloons floating through the air and I actually teared up thinking “I’m going to Disney in 22 days!” Aw, who am I kidding…you all understand!

Some excitement to celebrate the 3 week mark!!

First, I am thrilled to say that touringplans has actually dropped their crowd predictions since we first planned this trip so we are looking at all 4’s and 5’s except for our final day which is a 6. :yay: Last trip was all 8’s and 9’s so I am VERY excited about this!!

Second, I am planning on updating from WDW on FB and posting some pics along the way so if we aren’t already friends, PM me and we will set it up!

Yesterday was the day I have been anticipating for the last week. I know the mailman’s route as he delivers to the office building down the street, drives through the church parking lot across from us then to our driveway where he stops to drop our mail. This morning I anxiously watched his route and got very excited when I looked out and saw him carrying a box. What was in it?

Mickey Mail of course!! :woohoo:

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/103.jpg

Final documents, luggage and ME tags along with a Birnbaums and gift card from my TA. :thumbsup2

Yesterday was also the day I had designated for making shirts so first I give you, the bleach pen shirt

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/109.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/105.jpg

I think it turned out cute, I’m debating going over it again to see if I can lighten the lines a bit but it is not easy to avoid bleach transfer as you are preparing to clean it up so I’m not sure if I will or not. Also the shirt generally lightened in it's final wash and I want it a darker purple so I guess I will leave it. I still have Beth’s to make because I need to find a shirt for her. The bleach pen bled out farther than I expected so I will make the swirls a little farther apart on hers.

Also, I made this for Beth. I have never used iron-on transfers before and I guess I was expecting them to be clear. The white surprised me so although I like this design, I don’t care for the trim job (I didn’t realize it would show up) Are there different kinds of transfers that are clear? I don’t remember seeing other peoples shirts look like this.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/111.jpg

I have 1 of these because the first one I started to iron, I realized I had forgotten to take the backing off. So I will have to pick up another transfer to finish the second

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/112.jpg

And 1 of these for each of us to wear to our CP breakfast… I love the design!

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/114.jpg

And finally, this is not for my trip but I had to share because I know how many of you love them

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/001.jpg

On St Patrick’s Day, someone on the dis posted that Vera was having a sale on hipsters AND there was a code so for only $17, I picked up this baby. I had been wanting a new everyday purse and this is working out great!

I can't believe I am down to 21 days!! Now we just have to get Beth well so she can come...send her some pixie dust :wizard:

Charleston Princess
04-10-2010, 07:37 AM
I always tear up when I see WDW commercials -- even when I don't have a trip planned. :rotfl:

I love mail and Mickey mail is the best kind! Your TA was so sweet to send you the guidebook and gift card! :lovestruc

Your shirts turned out very cute! I think if you use dark transfers, they don't have the white around them.

I have that exact hipster! Love it!

kschafer
04-10-2010, 08:13 AM
I always tear up when I see WDW commercials -- even when I don't have a trip planned. :rotfl:

I love mail and Mickey mail is the best kind! Your TA was so sweet to send you the guidebook and gift card! :lovestruc

Your shirts turned out very cute! I think if you use dark transfers, they don't have the white around them.

I have that exact hipster! Love it!

I thought of you when I choose that hipster! I like Veras's bright colors OK but for my everyday purse I prefer something a bit more subtle

I thought I had heard that the dark shirt transfers are better so that's what I got :confused3 I will buy a different brand for the next one and see if that makes a difference

manntra
04-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Hey there Katie!!! :wave2:
Only THREE weeks from today!!! :woohoo:
Love your t-shirts!! The bleach pen design turned out awesome! Mine would probably look like an amoeba! :rotfl2:
Don't you love your hipster? That is the kind I carry everyday and have lots of patterns :)
Yay for your Mickey Mail!! And yes....I understand the commercials ;) That song....
That's great news about the crowds too....I have never been in May so I had no idea what to expect....other than margaritas and flowers hahahhahaha

Tracy

SoonerGirl
04-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Oh, I totally get the getting emotional when watching WDW commercials - I have been known to get that way myself on occasion!

Yay for Mickey Mail! :yay: And for cute t-shirts! :yay: And for low crowds! :yay: And for 3 weeks! :yay:

2xcited2sleep
04-10-2010, 10:45 AM
I love Disney commercials too --- especially the "too excited to sleep" ones. ;) I can't believe you are under 3 weeks to your trip! I am so excited for you and will be looking forward to FB updates! :yay: Your shirts came out cute. Love the bleach pen idea.

Hurrah for Mickey Mail... have you memorized the Birnbaum guide yet? :laughing:

Native NYer
04-10-2010, 10:45 AM
I love the t-shirt you made with the bleach pen. Very clever!
Yay for your trip being so close :banana:

kcandbella
04-10-2010, 10:54 AM
I have been known not only to tear up during commercials, but also when I read TR's and ppl cross that big sign that lets you know you're on property...I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

I will PM you about FB...I will probably be doing the same thing.

Okay, here is the issue with iron on transfers. I think they look really cute, but the white thing threw me at first too. There are two different kinds of transfer paper: light and dark. If you use light, ALL the white spots will show up clear. This is good for lettering, but for pictures, the whites of eyes, Donald's feathers, etc. EVERYTHING white will be the color of the shirt. Dark transfer paper is the opposite, which is what you used. The white spots show up white. So it's not as good for lettering because if you don't want the spots in between letters to show up, you have to trim it ALL. But it is better for pictures because everything that is supposed to be white is. You just have to trim around them really well. So there it is in a nutshell...transfer paper science. Thank you to the DISigns board for teaching me all I know. :lmao:

I do really like that sprial Mickey head shirt, too. I haven't seen that before. Very cute!

And :dance3: for the crowd calendar! I am excited about that too!

THREE WEEKS!

party:

MEK
04-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Katie -

I am so excited to hear that the crowd levels will be a 4 - 5. That is awesome! I think my September trip spoiled me with the low crowds, so it will be nice to have some of the same!

Love the Vera bag and the T-shirts. As usual, I have no special bag and no special shirts. Oh well, I did start packing some summer clothes today and I bought my coffee and a couple bottles of wine for the trip (I have a special way to pack them - I love that SWA doesn't charge for bags cause they get there own).

I wish I would get some Mickey mail, but I don't have that excitement with DVC and we are renting a car, so I wont even get the ME tags.

I hope Beth gets better real soon. I was just massively ill, so I know how she feels. I am just glad I got that out of the way.

100acrewoodsfan
04-10-2010, 05:42 PM
I completely understand about the commercials. I make my husband rewind so I can watch them whenever he fast forwards through commercials. The shirts came out great you are inspiring me to me some for our trip!

Happy Elf
04-10-2010, 06:11 PM
YAY for Mickey Mail!!!

I love the purple shirt, that turned out so cool!

sunny_stace
04-10-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm the same way with the Disney commercials! Only I will sit there and point at the TV with a huge, goofy grin on my face until it is over!:rotfl: Yes, I have problems! Today I was doing my happy dance in the staff lounge at work since I realized it was my last Saturday to work before I go! Some other people came in while I was in the middle of it and laughed at
me!:rotfl2: They're just jealous!

Yay for three weeks!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Yay for Mickey Mail!:banana:
Yay for cute shirts!:cheer2:
Yay for cute, cheap Vera's!:yay:

Your bleach pen shirt worked out great! I decided not to try it in the end since I will likely screw it up in some way! Your's really looks fantastic!

MHTeacher
04-10-2010, 10:07 PM
:yay: YAY for your Mickey Mail, and YAY YAY :yay::yay: for 3 weeks!

I love the bleach pen shirt. I am definitely going to try some of those for our May trip. :thumbsup2

Of course, I love the Vera hipster---Caffe' Latte---How can you not love a purse with a coffee inspired name? ;)

PrincessInOz
04-10-2010, 10:17 PM
That VB is gorgeous...as are the Tshirts.
princess::upsidedow (PrincessDownUnder) is officially jealous!

Man...I am so going to have to rethink my anti-FB stand!!:surfweb:

I'm excited to see your Mickey Mail....still waiting for mine, which is on its way via my TA.:banana:

SoonerGirl
04-10-2010, 10:28 PM

I know! I don't have one either, I'm resisting with every fiber of my being :lmao: I don't need another addiction!

Wonder if my teenage son would mind if I added my DIS friends to his facebook friend list.......... :idea: :laughing:

kschafer
04-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Hey there Katie!!! :wave2:
Only THREE weeks from today!!! :woohoo:
Love your t-shirts!! The bleach pen design turned out awesome! Mine would probably look like an amoeba! :rotfl2:
Don't you love your hipster? That is the kind I carry everyday and have lots of patterns :)
Yay for your Mickey Mail!! And yes....I understand the commercials ;) That song....
That's great news about the crowds too....I have never been in May so I had no idea what to expect....other than margaritas and flowers hahahhahaha

Tracy

"It's the Time of your Life!!"

Margaritas, flowers and friends are enough reason to be super excited for this trip but low crowds...awesome!! :thumbsup2

Oh, I totally get the getting emotional when watching WDW commercials - I have been known to get that way myself on occasion!

Yay for Mickey Mail! :yay: And for cute t-shirts! :yay: And for low crowds! :yay: And for 3 weeks! :yay:

Just think, a year ago I was convinced it would be 2011 before I was able to return and the commercials made my heart ache. I will take the tears of joy anyday!

I love Disney commercials too --- especially the "too excited to sleep" ones. ;) I can't believe you are under 3 weeks to your trip! I am so excited for you and will be looking forward to FB updates! :yay: Your shirts came out cute. Love the bleach pen idea.

Hurrah for Mickey Mail... have you memorized the Birnbaum guide yet? :laughing:

I miss the "too excited" commercial! That's how I'm starting to feel

I'm actually not too far into Birnbaum's, I'm savoring it in little bites

I love the t-shirt you made with the bleach pen. Very clever!
Yay for your trip being so close :banana:

Thanks! I can't take credit, I got the directions off the disigns board...lot of very creative things over there that I couldn't possibly come up with!

I have been known not only to tear up during commercials, but also when I read TR's and ppl cross that big sign that lets you know you're on property...I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

Okay, here is the issue with iron on transfers. I think they look really cute, but the white thing threw me at first too. There are two different kinds of transfer paper: light and dark. If you use light, ALL the white spots will show up clear. This is good for lettering, but for pictures, the whites of eyes, Donald's feathers, etc. EVERYTHING white will be the color of the shirt. Dark transfer paper is the opposite, which is what you used. The white spots show up white. So it's not as good for lettering because if you don't want the spots in between letters to show up, you have to trim it ALL. But it is better for pictures because everything that is supposed to be white is. You just have to trim around them really well. So there it is in a nutshell...transfer paper science. Thank you to the DISigns board for teaching me all I know. :lmao:

ooh, I love the sign too! I'm going to have to remember to take a pic from ME!

oh man! I should have consulted with you before buying the transfer paper! Obviously it is fine for the princess shirt and it doesn't bother me much on the Tigger/Pooh shirt but I really dislike it on the balloon one. Can you remove those somehow and start over? I may just do that one over if I need to, I found the shirts for $2 so it's not like I invested a lot in them, I just don't want the hassle of starting ALL over.

I am so excited to hear that the crowd levels will be a 4 - 5. That is awesome! I think my September trip spoiled me with the low crowds, so it will be nice to have some of the same!

Love the Vera bag and the T-shirts. As usual, I have no special bag and no special shirts. Oh well, I did start packing some summer clothes today and I bought my coffee and a couple bottles of wine for the trip (I have a special way to pack them - I love that SWA doesn't charge for bags cause they get there own).

I wish I would get some Mickey mail, but I don't have that excitement with DVC and we are renting a car, so I wont even get the ME tags.

I hope Beth gets better real soon. I was just massively ill, so I know how she feels. I am just glad I got that out of the way.

:woohoo: Low crowds!!

Beth and I are debating about sharing 1 large bag for check-in on the way there. It would save us $30 round-trip (hey don't laugh, that's 3 grey goose!) but I'm not sure I want to hassle with both a carry-on size suitcase and my computer bag at the airports. Did you see that Spirt Air will now be charging for carry-on luggage as well :eek:

Unfortunately, Beth's illness is a long term thing but she is very hopeful that this procedure she is going to have done will finally bring her relief. She knows someone who knows someone who had it done and it was almost instant turnaround so I am sending her daily pixie dust :wizard:

I completely understand about the commercials. I make my husband rewind so I can watch them whenever he fast forwards through commercials. The shirts came out great you are inspiring me to me some for our trip!

Thanks, they were more intimidating than difficult. Now with my transfer lesson from Kayce, I would be willing to do them again.

kschafer
04-11-2010, 07:34 AM
YAY for Mickey Mail!!!

I love the purple shirt, that turned out so cool!

Thanks Janell!

I'm the same way with the Disney commercials! Only I will sit there and point at the TV with a huge, goofy grin on my face until it is over!:rotfl: Yes, I have problems! Today I was doing my happy dance in the staff lounge at work since I realized it was my last Saturday to work before I go! Some other people came in while I was in the middle of it and laughed at
me!:rotfl2: They're just jealous!

Yay for three weeks!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Yay for Mickey Mail!:banana:
Yay for cute shirts!:cheer2:
Yay for cute, cheap Vera's!:yay:

Your bleach pen shirt worked out great! I decided not to try it in the end since I will likely screw it up in some way! Your's really looks fantastic!

Aww, it was pretty easy really, I just was nervous about the bleach transfer during clean-up. If I didn't screw it up, anyone can do it!!

I would love to see your happy dance! I usually do it in the bedroom or bathroom where someone won't walk in on me :laughing:

:yay: YAY for your Mickey Mail, and YAY YAY :yay::yay: for 3 weeks!

I love the bleach pen shirt. I am definitely going to try some of those for our May trip. :thumbsup2

Of course, I love the Vera hipster---Caffe' Latte---How can you not love a purse with a coffee inspired name? ;)

Can't wait to see your shirts!

I think the name is definitely part of the appeal of the Vera!

That VB is gorgeous...as are the Tshirts.
princess::upsidedow (PrincessDownUnder) is officially jealous!

I'm excited to see your Mickey Mail....still waiting for mine, which is on its way via my TA.:banana:

Come on Mickey Mail!!!

Seriously, the shirts were NOT that hard!

I know! I don't have one either, I'm resisting with every fiber of my being :lmao: I don't need another addiction!

Wonder if my teenage son would mind if I added my DIS friends to his facebook friend list.......... :idea: :laughing:

Here's my take on FB...I resisted too. I actually joined because of someone here on the Dis but now I keep in touch with lots of family who I don't see often, my parents get to see pics of the boys when they are gone for the winter, I keep up with college friends and watch their kids be born and grow, AND I have reconnected with old friends...and that includes Beth. I used to say I had enough friends I don't keep in touch with but actually, this has helped me stay in touch!

kcandbella
04-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to remove them. You probably could get the transfer off if you tried hard enough but there would still be a shadow of it underneath. It would be a lot less work to just start over if you aren't happy with it, especially if the shirt was so inexpensive!!!

kschafer
04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Guess who got a PIN code! It is good for 35% off a mod resort stay. We booked originally for the last 3 nights as room-only with a 30% off code so this won’t be a huge difference but $30 is 3 grey geese! :thumbsup2 I’m waiting to hear back from our TA to find out if we can still apply this to our ressie.

I finally scanned the pictures I snagged from my parents house so we can flashback even further.

First let’s visit 1974…

I was 3 years old, older brother was 5, younger brother was 1. There is only 1 picture (what’s up with that?)

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/010.jpg

My dad, in glasses with the camera around his neck, is carrying me and my Grandma, in red pantsuit, is holding my older brothers hand. I’m going to assume my mom and younger brother didn’t go with us on the Liberty Belle and she took this as we were coming off. For obvious reasons, I have no memory of this trip

Next we will move on to 1977…

We went with my Grandparents and also my great Aunt and Uncle. They lived in Kissimmee and had AP’s to Disney. They moved there because they loved WDW so much. My Dad once told me that they would go a couple evenings a week just to walk around, people watch and take it in. They loved when family came to visit because they got to go with others. This is all of us (minus the picture taker, my Mom)

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/scan0049.jpg

My mother made matching shirts for us on this trip…pretty snazzy huh!

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/scan0052.jpg

On Dumbo, me and my Dad

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/011.jpg

My older brother and Grandpa

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/012-1.jpg

We caught the Christmas show

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/013-1.jpg

And the parade with some still familiar characters.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/014-1.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/015-1.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/016-2.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/002.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/003.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/004.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/005.jpg

My memories of this trip are a little stronger and I love to see current holiday pictures from the World. I’m hopeful to talk Greg into a holiday trip in 2011

Finally, we move forward to 1980. Once again, only a few pictures document our visit. A ride on the skyway

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/006.jpg

And us checking out the stocks. This trip was with my other Grandparents, grandpa is in this picture

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/scan0034.jpg

I remember this trip pretty clearly as it was my first time on a roller coaster! I talked my Grandpa into taking me on BTMRR. :hug:

I would have sworn I went to Disney 5 or 6 times as a kid but my parents only have pictures from these 3 trips. I KNOW we went at least one more time when I was in high school (‘86 I think) but there is no photo evidence to support that claim (there are 2 pictures of us playing shuffleboard with my grandparents and 1 from the everglades from that Christmas break) Judging from the other pictures from that time period, they wouldn’t have been good anyways because I was going through that “You are SO lame, don’t take my picture” phase! I do remember visiting Epcot and loving the WS. I also remember watching Captain EO, my first 3D movie.

Ahh, good times, good memories and I’m ready to begin making more in 18 days!! :dance3:

SoonerGirl
04-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Oh, I love all the old photos! Those are so awesome! Funny how the toy soldiers and the reindeer look exactly the same as they do now!

sunny_stace
04-13-2010, 05:47 PM
katie!!! Those vintage photos are awesome!!! I love them! And your brothers look so much like your boys!!

2xcited2sleep
04-13-2010, 06:03 PM
LOVE the flashback photos! I have to go looking in my parents basement sometime. My problem is I think I have a lot on disc film (remember those cameras?) and will have to find some service to scan those.

Your trip is getting so close!!! :banana:

MEK
04-13-2010, 06:31 PM
So if you double up on checked luggage and get that 35% off code that's the equivalent of 6 GGS's. I love the way you think! And won't they taste great going down.

I absolutely love your old pictures and your brothers look alike like your boys. There is definately a resemblance. It must be great to have those wonderful pictures and wonderful memories of your childhood trips to Disney. I went for the first time in 11th grade and got my first very wicked hangover so I missed much of the MK. What a foolish child I was.:sad2:

julezdisney
04-13-2010, 11:27 PM
loooove the vintage looks there, Katie! I love those kind of pictures...

Charleston Princess
04-14-2010, 05:02 AM
Good to see that the matching shirts at Disney World was already in full swing in 1977! :lmao:

Ah, the Skyway! How I miss thee! :lovestruc

kschafer
04-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Oh, I love all the old photos! Those are so awesome! Funny how the toy soldiers and the reindeer look exactly the same as they do now!

I always think that when I see current holiday pictures!

katie!!! Those vintage photos are awesome!!! I love them! And your brothers look so much like your boys!!

I honestly had to go back and look after your comment, I guess I do see some of my kids in them. I have always thought Patrick looks more like Greg but because of no relationship with his parents, I have only seen like 2 pictures of him from before high school.

My nephew Andrew certainly resembles his Dad though!

LOVE the flashback photos! I have to go looking in my parents basement sometime. My problem is I think I have a lot on disc film (remember those cameras?) and will have to find some service to scan those.

Your trip is getting so close!!! :banana:

I had forgotten all about the disc film. I never had one but they looked so cool :cool2:

So if you double up on checked luggage and get that 35% off code that's the equivalent of 6 GGS's. I love the way you think! And won't they taste great going down.

I absolutely love your old pictures and your brothers look alike like your boys. There is definately a resemblance. It must be great to have those wonderful pictures and wonderful memories of your childhood trips to Disney. I went for the first time in 11th grade and got my first very wicked hangover so I missed much of the MK. What a foolish child I was.:sad2:

It's all about priorities MEK :laughing:

You know, that gives me a whole new insight to your fears of leaving your boys at home ;)

loooove the vintage looks there, Katie! I love those kind of pictures...

Thanks Julez!

Good to see that the matching shirts at Disney World was already in full swing in 1977! :lmao:

Ah, the Skyway! How I miss thee! :lovestruc

You know I think I used to laugh at my mom over those shirts! She's probably the one laughing now :rotfl:

kschafer
04-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Sometimes life gets turned upside down and you have to roll with the punches…

I got some very sad news yesterday and although I was somewhat prepared for the possibility, it still is a disappointment. :guilty: Unfortunately, insurance issues and doctor redtape has prevented Beth from getting the nerve block procedure she needs. She will likely be scheduled sometime either immediately before our trip or possibly the week of. She is unable to travel without this and has had to cancel the trip. I was so looking forward to travelling with her and sharing this experience and I am heartbroken that it cannot happen. :sad1:

Her wish for me however, is that I take the trip as planned and find someone to join me if possible. SO we find ourselves at 17 days out with a change in cast. Do you recognize this picture?

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip195.jpg

It’s my darling SIL Shelby! My brother has frequent out-of-town meetings so I knew there was a chance she would have the kids by herself for the week but as it turns out he will be around. Shelby works independently so although she will have to reschedule a couple appointments, she is able to join me on short notice. :thumbsup2

They live in Southern Illinois and the closest major airport is St. Louis. Ironically, she will already be in town on April 30 and May 1 for a conference! I was able to recover some of the money from Beth’s plane ticket and give it to Shelby because AirTran also has direct flights from St Louis to MCO (and these are actually still scheduled as direct)

Clearly this means a few modifications to our plans and I am still trying to sort these out. And I was afraid I would be bored in the couple weeks leading up to this trip. :rolleyes1 Julie the Cruise Director (a nickname Shelby gave me after witnessing my trip planning obsessions) has returned in full force!

Charleston Princess
04-14-2010, 01:03 PM
I am so glad your SIL is able to go in Beth's place! :goodvibes

Cory's Gal
04-14-2010, 01:18 PM
I finally caught up Katie! Loved the rest of the 2008 pictures!! It was nice to see a picture of the boys at one of the Kidcot Stops. Did they enjoy these?? I am hoping to take advantage of them this trip with Gabe and Helen. The old school pics were awesome!! Your mom must have started the "let's wear matching shirts to Disney" craze!! LOVE all the shirts you made too, especially the ones with the bleach pen! Sad to hear that Beth can't go, hopefully this procedure will help her a lot and she can be on the road to some recovery! Glad to hear your SIL can join you though on short notice, it will be a great trip!!

kcandbella
04-14-2010, 02:26 PM
That is too bad about Beth, but at least you have someone who can stand in for her! We also live in southern IL and are flying out of St. Louis, but we are Sunday to Sunday so won't be on the same flights as your SIL. And that's great that they gave you some credit for the flight! :woohoo:

2xcited2sleep
04-14-2010, 02:30 PM
You know, I've gone through quite a few ideas of my ideal career as the years have gone on but I was always captivated by the idea of "Julie, the Cruise Director" as a kid. Today my tastes might run closer to Isaac's profession. ;) I'm going to have to see if I can find some old Love Boat episodes online!

Very sorry to hear about Beth's news. Please let her know strangers are thinking of her and wishing her well (hopefully that won't scare her!). I'm delighted Shelby can go with you and know that you will have a great time!!

manntra
04-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Phew!! I read your "Major Change" announcement and rushed right over! Phew again!! Thankfully your SIL will be able to go:goodvibes Are you still doing the Deluxe DP etc?
I know someone from our cottage in PA(she lives in Jersey) and she is going at the same time as us....they are renting a house and I told her several times to make reservations etc...she has not made ANY! I think she is traveling with a large party also so the chances of her getting a walk up is very slim anyway. In my mind there is NO such thing as over planning!! Like most things in life you get out what you put into it...take the time to research, plan, you will have a much calmer, memorable trip :confused3
Love your old pictures!! I found some of mine (we had the disc camera too Christine:rotfl2:) We used to go every year during Spring Break because my grandparents lived in FL also. I did not stay onsite until 2005 and then bought DVC two years later :rotfl2:

Tracy

kschafer
04-14-2010, 03:12 PM
I am so glad your SIL is able to go in Beth's place! :goodvibes

Me too! I have spent most of my day (good thing I don't have a job or anything :rolleyes1) making all the phone calls to get everything straight...airline, travel agent, Shelby...and of course making and cancelling ADR's

I finally caught up Katie! Loved the rest of the 2008 pictures!! It was nice to see a picture of the boys at one of the Kidcot Stops. Did they enjoy these?? I am hoping to take advantage of them this trip with Gabe and Helen. The old school pics were awesome!! Your mom must have started the "let's wear matching shirts to Disney" craze!! LOVE all the shirts you made too, especially the ones with the bleach pen! Sad to hear that Beth can't go, hopefully this procedure will help her a lot and she can be on the road to some recovery! Glad to hear your SIL can join you though on short notice, it will be a great trip!!

They REALLY liked the Kidcot stops. I would consider grabbing one of the passports they sell in all the pavillions too. The people there stamp it and write cute things in their native languages. If Helen isn't too shy, I bet she would enjoy that a lot! Most of the CM's who do this are very good with kids and talking to them/answering questions

Thanks for all the compliments :goodvibes:

That is too bad about Beth, but at least you have someone who can stand in for her! We also live in southern IL and are flying out of St. Louis, but we are Sunday to Sunday so won't be on the same flights as your SIL. And that's great that they gave you some credit for the flight! :woohoo:

Shelby is flying Sun-Sun too. Are you flying AirTran? She had mid-afternoon direct flights both ways. I was expecting a total loss on the ticket, they charged $75 for the change but that's better than nothing!

You know, I've gone through quite a few ideas of my ideal career as the years have gone on but I was always captivated by the idea of "Julie, the Cruise Director" as a kid. Today my tastes might run closer to Isaac's profession. ;) I'm going to have to see if I can find some old Love Boat episodes online!

Very sorry to hear about Beth's news. Please let her know strangers are thinking of her and wishing her well (hopefully that won't scare her!). I'm delighted Shelby can go with you and know that you will have a great time!!

:rotfl2: I still wish to be Julie, maybe we could start our own cruise ship...all we need is a good chef and some cute waiters :thumbsup2

I'll let her know you send your best, it will mean a lot to her!

Phew!! I read your "Major Change" announcement and rushed right over! Phew again!! Thankfully your SIL will be able to go:goodvibes Are you still doing the Deluxe DP etc?
I know someone from our cottage in PA(she lives in Jersey) and she is going at the same time as us....they are renting a house and I told her several times to make reservations etc...she has not made ANY! I think she is traveling with a large party also so the chances of her getting a walk up is very slim anyway. In my mind there is NO such thing as over planning!! Like most things in life you get out what you put into it...take the time to research, plan, you will have a much calmer, memorable trip :confused3
Love your old pictures!! I found some of mine (we had the disc camera too Christine:rotfl2:) We used to go every year during Spring Break because my grandparents lived in FL also. I did not stay onsite until 2005 and then bought DVC two years later :rotfl2:

Tracy

We asked about making some changes to our package (extending the number of days and taking some off our room-only then downgrading to the regular dining plan) but it would have saved us $60 and cut our dining credits by a lot...um no thanks! So yes, we are keeping deluxe and I'm waiting for Shelby to look at menus but I suspect we will keep most of our ADR's.

Too bad your friends isn't listening to your advice. There are still quite a few ADR's available but not necessarily exactly what/where you want, I've had to play around quite a bit to find ones that will work around my plans.

SoonerGirl
04-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Oh goodness Katie, I was so nervous for you when I read your update title! I'm sorry Beth isn't going to be able to make it, I hope this procedure that she is getting will help with her issue, that has to be an awful thing to live with. That is awesome that your SIL is able to fill in though! :woohoo:

MHTeacher
04-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Katie, I just wanted to let you know that if something else comes up, and your SIL is not able to make it either, I'll be able to go with you! ;)

But seriously, I'm so sorry that Beth won't be able to make the trip. I know how much you were looking forward to reconnecting with an old friend. Thank goodness your SIL is able to step in, so that you still get to enjoy your trip. :goodvibes

cdotla
04-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Katie...I am so sorry your friend is not going to be able to make the trip with you, but so glad you are still going. And how wonderful your SIL is able to join you!:goodvibes

Hopefully you will be able to finalize all the details shortly, and I totally agree with you about not giving up deluxe dining. If there is ever a time to indulge it would be on this trip without the kids!;) Save counterservice for trips with the whole family!:laughing:

On another note - Loved the old photos. I actually spent a couple hours at Christmas in my parents' basement trying to dig up our old Disney photos. I was able to find a few photos of my 1st trip to WDW and the Poly from 1977...what a treasure! Like you though, I was unable to find many pictures of the later trips. It seems both of our families stopped taking pictures over various years. Not me! My kids' lives are so well-documented it isn't even funny!:laughing:

100acrewoodsfan
04-14-2010, 09:49 PM
I am really sorry that Beth won't be joining you. I was looking forward to meeting her too. But I am very happy to hear that Shelby will be joining you. It sounds like the switch it going well.

I would stick with deluxe dining no matter the cost. We have done it the last few trips and LOVE it. It's not something we will do when we have kids so we are trying to get in all the signature restaurants in before then. Just as a tip if you change any reservations try to make them at restaurants you will be close by. We learned the hard way that you can waste a lot of time traveling. Our new rule of thumb is that we won't travel more than one bus, boat or monorail trip to eat (although we make an exception for Cali Grill). It may cost you a gray goose but a taxi ride home from a nice dinner out is well worth the cost of an hour spent bus hopping trying to get back to your hotel when you are in heels and it's raining.

I can't wait to hear all the new plans!

PrincessInOz
04-14-2010, 11:44 PM
WOW!! Sad for Beth; but glad you've got a new partner in crime for your trip.

Hope it all works out for Beth.:flower3:

MeMom
04-15-2010, 03:47 AM
I enjoyed seeing the 'oldie' pictures. I wish I had pictures of my 1971 trip to Disney World.

Sorry you lost your original traveling partner, because that would have been fun. Your new buddy will be/have fun, too, though. :) We'll keep Beth in our thoughts and prayers as she gets all better, and hopefully you guys can plan another trip in the future.

kschafer
04-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Oh goodness Katie, I was so nervous for you when I read your update title! I'm sorry Beth isn't going to be able to make it, I hope this procedure that she is getting will help with her issue, that has to be an awful thing to live with. That is awesome that your SIL is able to fill in though! :woohoo:

She has always shown me such strength and optimism and would apologize if she started to get negative. on the phone the other day was the first time I heard her break down and cry. It is terrible for her to feel like she can't live her life because of this condition. I am praying this procedure brings her relief and gives her life back!

Katie, I just wanted to let you know that if something else comes up, and your SIL is not able to make it either, I'll be able to go with you! ;)

But seriously, I'm so sorry that Beth won't be able to make the trip. I know how much you were looking forward to reconnecting with an old friend. Thank goodness your SIL is able to step in, so that you still get to enjoy your trip. :goodvibes

Aww Michelle, that is so generous of you ;)

I know Shelby and I will have a great time

Katie...I am so sorry your friend is not going to be able to make the trip with you, but so glad you are still going. And how wonderful your SIL is able to join you!:goodvibes

Hopefully you will be able to finalize all the details shortly, and I totally agree with you about not giving up deluxe dining. If there is ever a time to indulge it would be on this trip without the kids!;) Save counterservice for trips with the whole family!:laughing:

On another note - Loved the old photos. I actually spent a couple hours at Christmas in my parents' basement trying to dig up our old Disney photos. I was able to find a few photos of my 1st trip to WDW and the Poly from 1977...what a treasure! Like you though, I was unable to find many pictures of the later trips. It seems both of our families stopped taking pictures over various years. Not me! My kids' lives are so well-documented it isn't even funny!:laughing:

Shelby laughed at me when I told her Beth and I planned this trip around food and booze :laughing: She will make a good replacement!

I really think there is a mental difference with digital photography. I'm sure my parents, who were very frugal with everything else, didn't take too many pictures bacause of the cost of film and developing. With our kids we keep clicking until we get the shot we want!

I am really sorry that Beth won't be joining you. I was looking forward to meeting her too. But I am very happy to hear that Shelby will be joining you. It sounds like the switch it going well.

I would stick with deluxe dining no matter the cost. We have done it the last few trips and LOVE it. It's not something we will do when we have kids so we are trying to get in all the signature restaurants in before then. Just as a tip if you change any reservations try to make them at restaurants you will be close by. We learned the hard way that you can waste a lot of time traveling. Our new rule of thumb is that we won't travel more than one bus, boat or monorail trip to eat (although we make an exception for Cali Grill). It may cost you a gray goose but a taxi ride home from a nice dinner out is well worth the cost of an hour spent bus hopping trying to get back to your hotel when you are in heels and it's raining.

I can't wait to hear all the new plans!

I considered dropping it because with Beth not joining me for 24 hours, we will probably not use all our credits but to make the switch I was considering, I would have given up the discounted room-only rates AND reducing our food options which was just silly! I will probably never choose deluxe with the family either.

:rotfl2: I will likely give up a grey goose for 1 or 2 cab rides! we will be tight I think on Shelby's arrival night with our dinner ADR and we have 1 late ADR at AKL which just seems quite remote for resort to resort transportation

WOW!! Sad for Beth; but glad you've got a new partner in crime for your trip.

Hope it all works out for Beth.:flower3:

She has requested I send a tinkerbell for her garden so she is surrounded by pixie dust :wizard: Hopefully she will be returning to her normal self soon!

I enjoyed seeing the 'oldie' pictures. I wish I had pictures of my 1971 trip to Disney World.

Sorry you lost your original traveling partner, because that would have been fun. Your new buddy will be/have fun, too, though. :) We'll keep Beth in our thoughts and prayers as she gets all better, and hopefully you guys can plan another trip in the future.

I told her as soon as she is ready, we will plan another trip together. I'm not sure how I will convince Greg of that though :rolleyes1

I'll miss Beth for sure but Shelby and I will have a great time too

kcandbella
04-15-2010, 04:23 PM
We will probably be on the same flight home as your SIL-we are flying AirTran home and there is only one direct flight that day from MCO-STL. But we are flying Southwest there...it just worked out better that way!

sunny_stace
04-15-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry that Beth can't go and experience the World, but that just means you guys will have to go again together another time! ;) At least things worked out well for you and your SIL to go together! I bet you guys will have a blast! You'll have to do a repeat of your picture together! :)

BTW - did you see NPH on celebrity Jeopardy tonight? Why can't he like girls?! ;)

kschafer
04-16-2010, 06:42 AM
We will probably be on the same flight home as your SIL-we are flying AirTran home and there is only one direct flight that day from MCO-STL. But we are flying Southwest there...it just worked out better that way!

The flight there isn't ideal, much later than I would have liked but with our AirTran credit it made the most sense. I guess she could have left St Louis earlier, done 1 or 2 layovers and arrive in Orlando at the same time but that is just silly!

I'm sure you will meet her at our Cinco de Mayo meet so you'll have to look for her on your flight home

I'm sorry that Beth can't go and experience the World, but that just means you guys will have to go again together another time! ;) At least things worked out well for you and your SIL to go together! I bet you guys will have a blast! You'll have to do a repeat of your picture together! :)

BTW - did you see NPH on celebrity Jeopardy tonight? Why can't he like girls?! ;)

The Epcot picture won't be the same because we will watch Illuminations from R&C but I'll be sure to have the waiter take one of us!

Not a Jeopardy fan but you know how I feel about NPH :love: Sorry you'll never land him

MEK
04-16-2010, 08:10 AM
Oh Katie - bummer for Beth. I feel so bad for her. But I am so glad your trip is still on and your SIL is fortunate to be able to join you! 2 more weeks to go! :cool1:

kschafer
04-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Oh Katie - bummer for Beth. I feel so bad for her. But I am so glad your trip is still on and your SIL is fortunate to be able to join you! 2 more weeks to go! :cool1:

I feel terrible she won't be coming but I will try to not feel guilty about enjoying the trip with Shelby instead. You will all enjoy meeting her, she's very fun and outgoing too.

kschafer
04-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Is it wrong that I spent yesterday morning going through my boys piggy banks for quarters? :rolleyes1 I plan to pick up some pressed pennies to add to their collections. I could have gone to the bank and gotten $15 in quarters but this was so much easier!! I also wanted to go through their penny books to make notes about which ones they already have but I cannot find Patrick’s book anywhere! Oh well…

So I figured since I have a few more days before beginning my 10 day countdown, I would share a few more pictures. Not Disney World but Disney related…

In 2008 I gave myself a birthday present by buying a good seat at Disney on Ice so I thought I would share the pictures, I won’t bother narrating, it basically told a number of familiar stories. Just enjoy the view!

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/036.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/048.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/049.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/068.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/082.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/105.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/115.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/138.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/146-1.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/156.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/162.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/196.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/204.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/206.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/213-1.jpg

Intermission! Continued in the next post…

kschafer
04-16-2010, 12:28 PM
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/240.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/245.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/261.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/276.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/292.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/295.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/315.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/335.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/336.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/359.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/361.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/378.jpg

And a really fun video!

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/th_251.jpg (http://s354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/?action=view&current=251.flv)

Hope you enjoyed :)

MHTeacher
04-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Is it wrong that I spent yesterday morning going through my boys piggy banks for quarters? …

NO, absolutely not! You probably gave them half the quarters to begin with! :rotfl:

Disney on Ice looks like so much fun. I have to say that the Nemo and Dory skaters' costumes are pretty crazy. :) How did they manage to stay on their feet? :confused3

kschafer
04-17-2010, 06:51 AM
NO, absolutely not! You probably gave them half the quarters to begin with! :rotfl:

Disney on Ice looks like so much fun. I have to say that the Nemo and Dory skaters' costumes are pretty crazy. :) How did they manage to stay on their feet? :confused3

Most of the money in their piggy banks come from them grabbing what falls out of Greg's pockets and what I clean out of my wallet when I think it's getting to heavy/full so yes...it is actually my quarters!

I wondered about a number of those costumes (how did beast manage to balance with that huge costume!) They were pretty talented and a great Disney treat for between trips!

Charleston Princess
04-17-2010, 06:53 AM
Disney pictures of any sort are always fun to look at! Disney on Ice looks like a great time!

Nah, don't feel guilty about the quarters -- after all, you are using them for pressed pennies for them. :thumbsup2

PrincessInOz
04-17-2010, 07:01 AM
Great pics.

Quarters? Will the kids notice?

SoonerGirl
04-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Love the Disney on Ice photos!

I can't fault you for raiding your kids piggy banks for quarters for pressed pennies, because I was thinking about doing the same thing....... :rolleyes1

MeMom
04-17-2010, 09:31 AM
I told her as soon as she is ready, we will plan another trip together. I'm not sure how I will convince Greg of that though :rolleyes1

I'll miss Beth for sure but Shelby and I will have a great time too

He can't deny you a 'make up' trip under these circumstances. He's too nice of a guy to do that!

Right, Greg? ::yes::

I hate that Beth has to suffer, and that as her friend, you hurt, too. I know you will bring her something nice from Disney World that will bring her happiness every time she sees it.

Just make sure you don't give her my chocolate-covered strawberry. ;)

When the trip is close enough to start collecting quarters, then it is really close! :banana: We have to have quarters, too, but it's for toll fares this time, since we're driving. :upsidedow

Roxychica7
04-17-2010, 10:30 AM
So much fun! Blake bought me Finding Nemo on Ice tickets for my birthday a few years ago. SO nice to do in between Disney trips! :thumbsup2
You're getting so close to your trip! Don't feel bad about the quarters :rotfl: it is definitely still benefiting them, especially when they see all the cool pressed pennies that they end up getting! Such a good idea, to write down all the ones you have, I feel like each year I go I always get the same ones, cause I remember which ones I have...must steal that idea from you for our next trip! :goodvibes

kcandbella
04-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Disney on Ice looks like it was a lot of fun! That one had a lot of characters. The ones we have been to usually only have 3-4 movies involved, yours covered many of the favorites!

MEK
04-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Is it wrong that I spent yesterday morning going through my boys piggy banks for quarters? :rolleyes1

Is it wrong that I go through my husband's loose change for quarters. I love quarters, especially when I go to Disney!

cdotla
04-17-2010, 11:32 PM
:rotfl: over raiding the kids' piggy banks for quarters! I wish I could do the same, but sadly the machines won't take the Canadian ones. I will have to buy them there!

Love the Disney on Ice pics!:goodvibes

kschafer
04-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Disney pictures of any sort are always fun to look at! Disney on Ice looks like a great time!

Nah, don't feel guilty about the quarters -- after all, you are using them for pressed pennies for them. :thumbsup2

It was a really fun show and since I went solo, I splurged on a 3rd row seat and it really made a difference I think!

Great pics.

Quarters? Will the kids notice?

nope, they have no idea what is in their banks. all the money in them come out of our pockets and purses, it's not like it's money they have earned and keep track of.

Love the Disney on Ice photos!

I can't fault you for raiding your kids piggy banks for quarters for pressed pennies, because I was thinking about doing the same thing....... :rolleyes1

:lmao: Glad I'm not alone in the rotton Mom's club!!

He can't deny you a 'make up' trip under these circumstances. He's too nice of a guy to do that!

Right, Greg? ::yes::

I hate that Beth has to suffer, and that as her friend, you hurt, too. I know you will bring her something nice from Disney World that will bring her happiness every time she sees it.

Just make sure you don't give her my chocolate-covered strawberry. ;)

When the trip is close enough to start collecting quarters, then it is really close! :banana: We have to have quarters, too, but it's for toll fares this time, since we're driving. :upsidedow

Still not sure how I will convince Greg...maybe suggesting our 2 families go together :rolleyes: Not sure! Love my hubby...just wish he was more disney loving!

:idea: I have a couple plans to include Beth in my trip. I hate that she is in pain so right now her focus has to be on getting better but she will definitely be getting some pixie dust from Disney! (but no fear, no strawberries)

So much fun! Blake bought me Finding Nemo on Ice tickets for my birthday a few years ago. SO nice to do in between Disney trips! :thumbsup2
You're getting so close to your trip! Don't feel bad about the quarters :rotfl: it is definitely still benefiting them, especially when they see all the cool pressed pennies that they end up getting! Such a good idea, to write down all the ones you have, I feel like each year I go I always get the same ones, cause I remember which ones I have...must steal that idea from you for our next trip! :goodvibes

They will love the pennies! I still can't find Patrick's book so I think I will just bring home a big pile of pennies and let them do the "Patrick picks one, Daniel picks one, repeat" thing so if I happen to bring home one Patrick has, Daniel can add it to his collection

Disney on Ice looks like it was a lot of fun! That one had a lot of characters. The ones we have been to usually only have 3-4 movies involved, yours covered many of the favorites!

I loved this show! Lot's of the classics. the only movie they covered that I haven't seen is Mulan and they did a pretty good job of explaining the story in only 7-8 minutes.

kschafer
04-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Is it wrong that I go through my husband's loose change for quarters. I love quarters, especially when I go to Disney!

which leads to the question...why do you love quarters at Disney? :confused3

:rotfl: over raiding the kids' piggy banks for quarters! I wish I could do the same, but sadly the machines won't take the Canadian ones. I will have to buy them there!

Love the Disney on Ice pics!:goodvibes

:headache: Bummer! So do you bring much cash with you or do you just do most of your transactions by card? We went to Europe 11 years ago and were pleasantly surprised that we got really good conversion rates that way and didn't have to constantly be changing money (this was before the Euro so we would have had to change money a lot!)

cdotla
04-18-2010, 10:17 AM
So do you bring much cash with you or do you just do most of your transactions by card? We went to Europe 11 years ago and were pleasantly surprised that we got really good conversion rates that way and didn't have to constantly be changing money (this was before the Euro so we would have had to change money a lot!)

I never bring *any* cash with me...Dh always has the cash for tips though. I am sure he probably gets $100-200.

Me? It is credit cards all the way! I like having a record of spending, it is convenient, and earning air miles!;)

kangaand2roos
04-18-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm so behind on reading my TR's. Trying to catch up! I haven't read in such a long time. Is the Cinco de Mayo meet still on?

kschafer
04-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm so behind on reading my TR's. Trying to catch up! I haven't read in such a long time. Is the Cinco de Mayo meet still on?

Yes Ma'am!! It will be crowded and we may have to relocate somewhere to accommodate everyone but it is still on!

So for a few days I have been in a bit of a funk because I have somehow skipped ahead a week in my mind. So instead of being excited to be below 2 weeks, I have been bummed that it's not next week. Well today I started thinking about what I have left to be ready to go and I think it is good it's not that close.

This week I will focus on the non last minute trip things (haircut, final shopping, printing tip envelopes, finishing my autograph book plans, finalizing touring plans and dining changes, etc). Then next week I will work on making sure the family is ready for me to be gone (house cleaned thoroughly, laundry done, groceries stocked, etc). By 2 days before the trip I will pack and double check I have everything I need. The day before I will do a last stop at the grocery store, color my hair and give myself a facial and pedicure.

Yeah, I think I have plenty still to do!

At this point, I only have 1 subbing day on my calendar this week and none next week. I get very few calls at the last minute so it should be a quiet couple weeks for work. My biggest fear is that they will decide to call for interviews for one of the jobs I have applied for during the week I am gone. When I first applied in December, I assumed I would know by spring break but instead they have waited and waited. I suppose I will offer a phone interview if it comes down to it because they will pick their interview dates and times around their schedule, not mine!

Oh yeah, and I just thought I would celebrate this is my 3,000th post on the Dis :cool1: I'll never catch up to some of you but I'll celebrate anyways :upsidedow

SoonerGirl
04-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Your next two weeks sound very similar to mine! I started printing my tip envelopes yesterday, but ran out of ink so I'll have to get another cartridge and finish that tomorrow. I also tried on all my capris yesterday, I have several that are too big, several that are too small and only a couple that fit - so I need to do a bit of shopping before we go as well.

We will be packing before we know it Katie!! :woohoo:

PrincessInOz
04-18-2010, 05:27 PM
My next two weeks also involve hair, beautician and cleaning...Here's to a quiet, but fast, next two weeks!:thumbsup2

cdotla
04-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Don't worry Katie...these next 2 weeks will whiz right by!

Unlike you, I am concerned that our trip is too close...I wish I somehow got another week like you!:laughing:

Anyway....whether we are ready or not, we will all be in Disney in 2 weeks! Yay!:banana:

sunny_stace
04-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Katie don't feel bad about the quarters....I took $203 in rolled coins to the bank yesterday! :) Don't be in a funk, you'll be there before you know it! And please don't spend you wonderful vacation time worry about work! I did that on my last trip and I really wish I hadn't! What is meant to be will be, and everything will be fine! :hug: You need and deserve this trip and I don't want anything to hold you back from your fun!:)

Charleston Princess
04-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Is Iowa like Georgia right now and taking longer to get contracts out? The state legislature passed a bill saying school systems don't have to issue contracts until May 15th! :eek:

kschafer
04-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Your next two weeks sound very similar to mine! I started printing my tip envelopes yesterday, but ran out of ink so I'll have to get another cartridge and finish that tomorrow. I also tried on all my capris yesterday, I have several that are too big, several that are too small and only a couple that fit - so I need to do a bit of shopping before we go as well.

We will be packing before we know it Katie!! :woohoo:

I had better put ink cartridges on my shopping list for today so I have them! I only wish some of my clothes were too big right now :sad2:

My next two weeks also involve hair, beautician and cleaning...Here's to a quiet, but fast, next two weeks!:thumbsup2

Yep, I think the next 12 days will go quickly with all I have to do!

Don't worry Katie...these next 2 weeks will whiz right by!

Unlike you, I am concerned that our trip is too close...I wish I somehow got another week like you!:laughing:

Anyway....whether we are ready or not, we will all be in Disney in 2 weeks! Yay!:banana:

WooHoo :woohoo: Hope you get all your to-do list done!

Katie don't feel bad about the quarters....I took $203 in rolled coins to the bank yesterday! :) Don't be in a funk, you'll be there before you know it! And please don't spend you wonderful vacation time worry about work! I did that on my last trip and I really wish I hadn't! What is meant to be will be, and everything will be fine! :hug: You need and deserve this trip and I don't want anything to hold you back from your fun!:)

With my "borrowing" the boys quarters, the amount we cash in next will be lower than average I'm sure.

I had forgotten about your job stress on your last trip! I'm not really stressing over it because it is really out of my control. Greg did spend time on the computer last night looking over the different flight options in case I need to fly home for a day to interview...I hope it doesn't come down to that! :scared:

Is Iowa like Georgia right now and taking longer to get contracts out? The state legislature passed a bill saying school systems don't have to issue contracts until May 15th! :eek:

I don't know if there is a date, each district does their own negotiations. At my old job we always got contracts in April and they were due back before the year ended. Here, Greg has sometimes gotten his in the mail over summer break! They typically interview late in the year or even over summer, I just was hopeful when they advertised so early...silly me!

kschafer
04-19-2010, 07:43 AM
1 more just for fun update! I have enough time to include some pictures of some non-Disney fun…SeaWorld!!

First I give you a couple WAY flashbacks to our 1977 trip. I barely remember this, mostly just Shamu himself. I guess their show(s) included giant sealions…

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/007.jpg

Dolphins…

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/009-1.jpg

And of course, Shamu…

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/008-1.jpg

My how things have changed!! In 2008 after we spent a couple days relaxing at my parents place and recovering from our busy 10 days of Disney, we returned to Orlando for 2 more days that we largely spent at SeaWorld.

They now have a really fantastic dolphin show that also includes divers and aerialists (no clue why we didn’t take any pictures). They also have a sealion show we didn’t get to and also a Cirque-style show I was heartbroken to not make it to. The way they have their shows timed out makes it very difficult to see them all (I suppose this is intentional to get people to add days) Also, we didn’t spend 2 full days there so that makes a big difference!

Anyways…they have all kinds of animal viewing/interactive areas including alligators…

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip435.jpg

Penguins and puffins (they simulate the Antarctic light/dark cycle for the penguins which in June is mostly dark so they are really hard to photograph!)

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/129.jpg

Manatees that we caught at lunch time

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip424.jpg

I love this picture! :love:

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip423.jpg

Dolphins…

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip541.jpg

The shark tank…

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip591.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip590.jpg

Sealions…

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip566.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip571.jpg

And of course, shamu!! (which is now really not a single shamu, more of an orca show) I can’t help but wonder when I look at these pictures if any of them are the one that killed it’s trainer awhile ago, so sad!

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip445.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip449.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip465.jpg

Continued in next post

kschafer
04-19-2010, 07:48 AM
Seawold also has a small fun area for kids that includes kiddie carnival-style rides like mini roller coasters and such.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/235.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip549.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip553.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip554.jpg

Oh, and FYI, they have a fun area for Moms and Dads too...a beer tasting pavillion! SeaWorld is owned by the Busch corporation and you can get free "samples" (very generous ones). I think we went 3 times in those 2 days :rolleyes1

And I do have to share one of my favorite stories of this trip! We decided to take the boys to a special breakfast at SeaWorld, Breakfast with Elmo and Friends! Well, Daniel did NOT like the characters at all (at Disney or SeaWorld, he still doesn’t like anything like this in fact) So while Patrick enjoyed watching the characters dance for us and come around to our table to say Hi

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip472.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip471.jpg

Daniel mostly had his face buried in my neck. In order to meet Elmo and Big Bird, you had to get in line to go on stage. Greg took Patrick and waited in line and I gave Daniel my camera to entertain himself. He proceeded to take dozens of pictures like this

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/212-1.jpg

And this

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/209.jpg

And this

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip512.jpg

Then look what happened…Daniel actually started to warm up to *GASP* a character!

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip500.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip502.jpg

And soon another came to show off for the camera

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip485.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip486.jpg

And before Daniel realized it, he was actually communicating with him!!

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip531.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip530.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/FLtrip529.jpg

(he was pointing out to the boys the roller coasters that are big and scary)

We were the last family left in the restaurant and one of the waiters actually had to come over twice and tell Bert his breakfast was ready before he left. It was really sweet to see Daniel finally open up a little to those scary costumed friends! So sweet :cloud9:

MHTeacher
04-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I think I have plenty still to do!

But, how exciting ----everything you do, will be taking you one day closer to Disney World! :woohoo:

I enjoyed seeing your older and not so older pictures of SeaWorld. I remember going as a kid, but in nine visits we have never taken our kids.

kcandbella
04-19-2010, 02:59 PM
I had no idea they had so much to do at SW! I think I went once as a child, but all I remember is the big Shamu stadium. I didn't have any interest in it this time around, but if Bella was a boy, I have a feeling we would have been going. It sounds like your boys loved it!

SoonerGirl
04-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Love the Sea World pics! We've never been to the one in Orlando, just San Antonio, but it's so much fun!

Your story about Daniel and Bert is too sweet :goodvibes

sunny_stace
04-19-2010, 07:43 PM
I love that story with Bert! Too sweet! :) We should make a date to go to Seaworld sometime! I haven't been since I was 14!

I hope it doesn't come down to you having to fly home for a day to interview! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you! Since I won't be on again before I leave, I want to tell you to have the BEST time on your trip! You guys be safe and have fun! I really hope you have an amazing trip and I can't wait to hear all about it! :hug:

kschafer
04-20-2010, 07:27 AM
But, how exciting ----everything you do, will be taking you one day closer to Disney World! :woohoo:

I enjoyed seeing your older and not so older pictures of SeaWorld. I remember going as a kid, but in nine visits we have never taken our kids.

SeaWorld was an addition to our trip because Greg wanted to spend a couple more days and our 14 day window to use the disney tickets would be expired. I'm really glad we did it! It wasn't WDW but it had a really nice vibe all it's own.

I had no idea they had so much to do at SW! I think I went once as a child, but all I remember is the big Shamu stadium. I didn't have any interest in it this time around, but if Bella was a boy, I have a feeling we would have been going. It sounds like your boys loved it!

That's exactly how I felt! I only remember Shamu and had no idea it had so much to offer now! If you had asked the boys after our vacation which they liked better, they would have had a hard time choosing between WDW and SeaWorld. Now I think they would choose WDW but that may be because they see my obsession continue :rolleyes:

Love the Sea World pics! We've never been to the one in Orlando, just San Antonio, but it's so much fun!

Your story about Daniel and Bert is too sweet :goodvibes

that was by far the best part of those couple days! I don't think Daniel even realized what was happening, Bert just started posing for pictures and got a little closer and a little closer and the next thing you know they were "talking"

I love that story with Bert! Too sweet! :) We should make a date to go to Seaworld sometime! I haven't been since I was 14!

I hope it doesn't come down to you having to fly home for a day to interview! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you! Since I won't be on again before I leave, I want to tell you to have the BEST time on your trip! You guys be safe and have fun! I really hope you have an amazing trip and I can't wait to hear all about it! :hug:

Everytime the phone rings I have my fingers crossed that it will be for an interview BEFORE my trip, next week I will be hoping to NOT get a call until I am gone and they will be scheduling for the week after. I'm nervous but there's nothing I can do so I'm trying to not think about it!!

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!

I cannot even explain the feeling I got this morning when I saw that my ticker said 11 days. That is just around the corner :hyper: :hyper:

It also hit me that I can do online check-in TOMORROW :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

MeMom
04-20-2010, 07:46 AM
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!

I cannot even explain the feeling I got this morning when I saw that my ticker said 11 days. That is just around the corner :hyper: :hyper:

We're feeling a bit like you right now, too.
A few days behind, but not long! :cool1:

Next week, we will be able to say 'next week'. :dance3:

We toss around the idea of SeaWorld every summer, but once you have already paid for WDW, it's hard to pay a bunch more to go do something else. Brooklynn would love it, though. Maybe next year, when Bella is two and she could really understand it more - that might be a good time for us to go.

jenniferkeala808
04-20-2010, 07:46 AM
11 DAYS!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

YAY FOR ONLINE CHECK IN!!!!!!!!!!

You're almost there!!!!!!!

:jumping1:party:

PrincessInOz
04-20-2010, 07:59 AM
It's so close Katie. We're almost there. :cool1:

SoonerGirl
04-20-2010, 09:16 AM

OH MY GOSH!!!! We can do online check in TOMORROW!!!!!!

:yay: :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

manntra
04-20-2010, 09:46 AM

:hyper::jumping1::hyper::jumping1::hyper:

jenjolt
04-20-2010, 12:03 PM
WOOT! So excited for you!!! Thanks for the flashback photos...so nice!!! I'm getting a little anxious about a job position in Texas but you are right they are hiring later and later so no worries yet, we'll both get something!

kschafer
04-20-2010, 01:16 PM
We're feeling a bit like you right now, too.
A few days behind, but not long! :cool1:

Next week, we will be able to say 'next week'. :dance3:

We toss around the idea of SeaWorld every summer, but once you have already paid for WDW, it's hard to pay a bunch more to go do something else. Brooklynn would love it, though. Maybe next year, when Bella is two and she could really understand it more - that might be a good time for us to go.

Now that Uncle Bubby is close, maybe you will feel like doing a non-Disney trip sometime :eek:

It won't be long now :yay:

11 DAYS!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

YAY FOR ONLINE CHECK IN!!!!!!!!!!

You're almost there!!!!!!!

:jumping1:party:

It's sneaking closer and closer :goodvibes

It's so close Katie. We're almost there. :cool1:

:woohoo:

I'm getting teary just thinking about it :dance3:

:hyper::jumping1::hyper::jumping1::hyper:

:cool1:

WOOT! So excited for you!!! Thanks for the flashback photos...so nice!!! I'm getting a little anxious about a job position in Texas but you are right they are hiring later and later so no worries yet, we'll both get something!

Good to see you Jen! I'm trying not to get too anxious about it but I can't help it. I've spent way too much of the last 2 years trying to find a job where I can stay and be happy...it's time!

MEK
04-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Well if you have 11 days to go does that mean I have 12? :thumbsup2 Honestly, if I get to go on this trip and my teenagers don't "kill me" before I leave, it will be a miracle. They are really trying my patience right now with their discipline issues and we are right down to the wire. Darn teenagers. Sometimes I think they are worse than babies. :rotfl:

kschafer
04-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Well if you have 11 days to go does that mean I have 12? :thumbsup2 Honestly, if I get to go on this trip and my teenagers don't "kill me" before I leave, it will be a miracle. They are really trying my patience right now with their discipline issues and we are right down to the wire. Darn teenagers. Sometimes I think they are worse than babies. :rotfl:

Oh MEK! If the boys don't behave, tell Denny he has to stay home because we have a couple dates you can't miss!! Sorry about the teen woes :hug:

kschafer
04-21-2010, 07:29 AM
10 Days from today!!!!!

:woohoo: Online check-in…done :woohoo:

I thought I would spend this last week and a half going through our daily plans. There have been a number of changes since this whole process began! So let’s start at the very beginning (a very good place to start – I am apparently channeling Julie Andrews at the moment)

Saturday, May 1

Orlando Weather Forecast: 86 degrees, sunny and humid, I could do without that "humid" word but hey, I'll be on vacation! I know the accuracy of this is not very good but I can't help but look ahead :upsidedow

This morning I will get up, do my last minute toiletries packing, throw the bags in the van and Greg and the boys will drive me to Des Moines. Hopefully the flight will be smooth and on-time (and actually be non-stop like promised!!)

I’m scheduled to arrive in MCO at 2:45 and hope to remember the directions to ME…side B, escalators down to level 1. I’ve never been to MCO before but have looked at it online and usually have a pretty good sense of things once I have seen them on a map. OH, and I can’t forget, before leaving the airport to grab a couple bottles of

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Diet20Pepsi201_0L.png

Once arriving at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/wdw-resorts-coronado.jpg

and getting checked in, I’ll drop bags in the room and grab the bus on my way to….

Well, I’m not certain. I have an ADR for

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/FlyingFish2-1.jpg

Which I am OK with and I’m sure I would enjoy but really I keep thinking about my ADR I gave up for

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/california_grill-1.jpg
(California Grill)

I can’t get an ADR and I am checking each day but I’m wondering if I show up as early as possible and tell them I am dining alone, if I could get a seat at their counter that overlooks the kitchen. I don’t love to eat alone and somehow this feels less intimidating. I fear that if the answer is no, I won’t get to Flying Fish on time (but there are lots of ADR’s still available so it may not be a problem) I just don’t know, what do you think?

After dinner, I will head to

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/mgm-scorcershat.jpg

I’m not sure exactly what I will do when I get there. I will probably go to

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Animation20Academy2000.jpg

And see if there are any more sessions going on. And visit

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/One-Mans-Dream-Disney-Hollywood-Stu.jpg

I will have to decide whether I am tired and want to see the first showing of

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/fantasmic.jpg

Or if I have enough energy to do some more touring and hang around for the second. After the show, I will head back to CSR for sweet Disney dreams!:cloud9:

PrincessInOz
04-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Katie - OMG!! I sure hope you get into Cali Grill. And if you do, let me know!!
I don't have a ghost of a chance with 6 adults and 3 kids; but I would so love to live vicariously through you...lots of food porn please.'

Here's to the next 9 days..I'll so be hanging out to get there after 3 days of reading your thread!

Should I check in online or wait till I get there?

Cory's Gal
04-21-2010, 08:21 AM
YEAH for checking in online Katie!!! :banana::banana::banana:

LOVE the old Sea World pics from the 70's!! Your boys looks so cute at the Sesame Street breakfast too!! Thanks for sharing all your great pics!!! Tomorrow you can do the "single digits dance"!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady Lallie
04-21-2010, 08:24 AM
I've been trying to catch and doing miserable at it but I'm here for your last 10 days!!

I think you would have very good luck getting into California Grill if you show up and ask to sit at the bar, especially since you will be solo. I say go for it! Maybe have a back up ADR closer to the Cali Grill area if you are worried you will not be in time for Flying Fish.

SoonerGirl
04-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Yay for online check in! I need to do that today as well :thumbsup2

Hopefully, I'll be lounging around by the pool by the time you get to MCO! If you have time once you get to the resort, stop by and say hi.

If you are definitely going to DHS that day, it might be more convienent to keep your ADR at Flying Fish. I do understand your hesitation though, I always feel weird dining alone, and since Cali Grill has the bar area it wouldn't feel quite so odd.

When does your SIL arrive?

2xcited2sleep
04-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Hurrah for on-line check-in. That really makes it feel real, doesn't it??

I'd say it's worth a try to get into CG, especially if that's the one you keep thinking about. :)

jenjolt
04-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Well if it were me I would be going to sit at the counter at CG LOL!! But that's just me I love that place and can't wait to go back WOOT!!!

Just think tomorrow we're single digit dancing with you Katie...YAY!!!!

Oooh Fantasmic, it's been awhile I will have to put that on the list to-do in the fall...you are going to have such a great time!!

kschafer
04-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Katie - OMG!! I sure hope you get into Cali Grill. And if you do, let me know!!
I don't have a ghost of a chance with 6 adults and 3 kids; but I would so love to live vicariously through you...lots of food porn please.'

Here's to the next 9 days..I'll so be hanging out to get there after 3 days of reading your thread!

Should I check in online or wait till I get there?

With deluxe dining, there will be food porn aplenty!!

I think if you do online check-in depends on what's more important, time or requests. I suspect I'm going to be in a hurry when I arrive so this way everything will be ready for me. If you wait to check in it may take a little longer but if you have requests that are very important to you (location, adjoining rooms, etc) it's probably easier to wait to check in when you arrive. I decided to risk it...I did make a location request, we'll see what I get!

YEAH for checking in online Katie!!! :banana::banana::banana:

LOVE the old Sea World pics from the 70's!! Your boys looks so cute at the Sesame Street breakfast too!! Thanks for sharing all your great pics!!! Tomorrow you can do the "single digits dance"!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Beth. Only 3 more days for you!! :dance3:

I've been trying to catch and doing miserable at it but I'm here for your last 10 days!!

I think you would have very good luck getting into California Grill if you show up and ask to sit at the bar, especially since you will be solo. I say go for it! Maybe have a back up ADR closer to the Cali Grill area if you are worried you will not be in time for Flying Fish.

I'm glad you are here now LL!

Yay for online check in! I need to do that today as well :thumbsup2

Hopefully, I'll be lounging around by the pool by the time you get to MCO! If you have time once you get to the resort, stop by and say hi.

If you are definitely going to DHS that day, it might be more convienent to keep your ADR at Flying Fish. I do understand your hesitation though, I always feel weird dining alone, and since Cali Grill has the bar area it wouldn't feel quite so odd.

When does your SIL arrive?

I'll definitely stop by the pool to see if you are there! I would like to try Flying Fish, I just want to try CG a bit more. Since I will be solo, I'm not too worried about the travel time.

Shelby won't be arriving until the following evening so I'll have a little more solo time before then

Hurrah for on-line check-in. That really makes it feel real, doesn't it??

I'd say it's worth a try to get into CG, especially if that's the one you keep thinking about. :)

I definitely keep thinking of this one...:rolleyes:

Well if it were me I would be going to sit at the counter at CG LOL!! But that's just me I love that place and can't wait to go back WOOT!!!

Just think tomorrow we're single digit dancing with you Katie...YAY!!!!

Oooh Fantasmic, it's been awhile I will have to put that on the list to-do in the fall...you are going to have such a great time!!

My goal for this trip was to catch every parade and nighttime show possible! Yes, CG just may be too much to resist!!

manntra
04-21-2010, 01:34 PM
If CG is drawing you in then perhaps you should try....;) although I really enjoyed FF and in that particular restaurant I wouldn't feel weirded out by eating alone. It would also be nice to take a stroll along the BW when you are done and then just hop on the boat to go over to HS...:confused3

I am going to (try) to spend this night at DTD because I think our flight arrives at 730...then getting to hotel etc....I believe that will leave us some quality shopping and Basin time. ;)

Tracy

MHTeacher
04-21-2010, 01:42 PM
YAY ! :yay: for online check-in! That means that it's almost time for you to go to Disney World! :banana:

100acrewoodsfan
04-21-2010, 03:00 PM
I don' think you will have any trouble at the bar area at CG. We have asked and they said you can always go up for a drink without a ressie. If I remember right you can order the full menu at the bar. We are planning to do a monorail crawl and end up at CG for drinks and dessert at Wishes time.

Roxychica7
04-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Your first day sounds sweeeet! Yeah no worries on the humidity, I'm sure you'll get some awesome weather once it gets closer to your date of travel. Cali Grill...oh man, definitely on the must do list for our next trip. Have you tried Flying Fish before? I always see some really good reviews about it, particularly with the appetizers and desserts! Good luck on the ADR hunt!!

kcandbella
04-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Sounds great! I would have loved to have done Cali Grill, but it didn't sound like something the rest of my fam would have enjoyed. Are you faxing in a room request? I can check in online tomorrow but don't know when I should fax mine in. Sooo exciting! :woohoo:

kschafer
04-21-2010, 05:52 PM
If CG is drawing you in then perhaps you should try....;) although I really enjoyed FF and in that particular restaurant I wouldn't feel weirded out by eating alone. It would also be nice to take a stroll along the BW when you are done and then just hop on the boat to go over to HS...:confused3

I am going to (try) to spend this night at DTD because I think our flight arrives at 730...then getting to hotel etc....I believe that will leave us some quality shopping and Basin time. ;)

Tracy

Checking out the boardwalk is one of the draws of FF but then again, I won't be in the Contemporary any other time. I may have to figure out a way to get to BW :rolleyes:

Basin and a little shopping sounds like a great start to your trip!

YAY ! :yay: for online check-in! That means that it's almost time for you to go to Disney World! :banana:

YAY!!!!! :yay:

I don' think you will have any trouble at the bar area at CG. We have asked and they said you can always go up for a drink without a ressie. If I remember right you can order the full menu at the bar. We are planning to do a monorail crawl and end up at CG for drinks and
dessert at Wishes time.

Good to hear! I asked for opinions on the restaurant board and several people thought it would be doable to get a single seat early in the evening

Your first day sounds sweeeet! Yeah no worries on the humidity, I'm sure you'll get some awesome weather once it gets closer to your date of travel. Cali Grill...oh man, definitely on the must do list for our next trip. Have you tried Flying Fish before? I always see some really good reviews about it, particularly with the appetizers and desserts! Good luck on the ADR hunt!!

Not fond of humidity but I'll deal with whatever mother nature gives me. I have heard great things about FF too which is why I took the ADR, CG just calls to me a bit more for some reason

Sounds great! I would have loved to have done Cali Grill, but it didn't sound like something the rest of my fam would have enjoyed. Are you faxing in a room request? I can check in online tomorrow but don't know when I should fax mine in. Sooo exciting! :woohoo:

I'm thinking I will fax my request next week :confused3 I don't want to do it too far out. Not sure if it will make a difference but worth a shot I guess!

cdotla
04-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Hey Katie...I have never been to Flying Fish, but if it were me, I would do CG. I don't think you would have *any* problem at all eating at the bar/kitchen area. I wouldn't think they even take reservations for that area anyway.

I can't imagine you wld feel uncomfortable dining there alone. Afterall, you are in a convention hotel and there are typically loads of people in the hotel alone for this reason. I have seen solo diners many times at the Wave and CG at the bar/kitchen area.

Hoping you get that interview call soon!:)

eyor44
04-21-2010, 09:52 PM
You have been busy since I last checked in. :yay: for on line checkin. I am going to try it this time.

Thanks for all the pics of Sea World. I haven't been to a Sea World since the one in San Antonio opened in 1987(?) We will be going for one day in November.

MeMom
04-22-2010, 04:55 AM
We need to decide where we are going to meet after Wishes Saturday night. I think another Diser might come over there, too. I told her I knew when, but not where we are meeting. Do you want to say meet on the steps of Tony's, since we'll all be going out of the park?

jenjolt
04-22-2010, 05:28 AM
:cool1::banana::dance3::cheer2::dance3::yay: :banana: :cool1::banana: :banana::dance3::cheer2: :cheer2::yay::banana::banana:

SINGLE DIGIT DANCING TODAY WOOT!!!!!!!!!

Only 9 more days Katie!!!!!!!!

kschafer
04-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Hey Katie...I have never been to Flying Fish, but if it were me, I would do CG. I don't think you would have *any* problem at all eating at the bar/kitchen area. I wouldn't think they even take reservations for that area anyway.

I can't imagine you wld feel uncomfortable dining there alone. Afterall, you are in a convention hotel and there are typically loads of people in the hotel alone for this reason. I have seen solo diners many times at the Wave and CG at the bar/kitchen area.

Hoping you get that interview call soon!:)

That's what I am hoping, that those seats are intended for people like me! It would be fun to sit with other solo diners I think

Still no call, very nervous about this! :scared:

You have been busy since I last checked in. :yay: for on line checkin. I am going to try it this time.

Thanks for all the pics of Sea World. I haven't been to a Sea World since the one in San Antonio opened in 1987(?) We will be going for one day in November.

Busy is good! Glad you enjoyed the SW pics :thumbsup2

We need to decide where we are going to meet after Wishes Saturday night. I think another Diser might come over there, too. I told her I knew when, but not where we are meeting. Do you want to say meet on the steps of Tony's, since we'll all be going out of the park?

Do I have to leave that night? :guilty: Finally meeting you might make it easier so lets call it our plan!

:cool1::banana::dance3::cheer2::dance3::yay: :banana: :cool1::banana: :banana::dance3::cheer2: :cheer2::yay::banana::banana:

SINGLE DIGIT DANCING TODAY WOOT!!!!!!!!!

Only 9 more days Katie!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh Jen...I'm single digit dancing party: Almost as much fun as your first in line dance!!

kschafer
04-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Sunday, May 2

Orlando Weather Forecast: 92 degrees, humid with some sun

Today will be a bit crazy filled with travel but I’m up for it! I HOPE to be joined by a friend

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/20666_1246597018177_1626964285_6545.jpg

This is Robb (he would be the one you DON’T recognize ;)) We went to high school together but I haven’t seen him in quite a long time, we stay in touch through FB now. He has worked at Disney since college and Sunday is one of his days off and has said he will try to meet up with me this day.

I will be shooting for rope drop at AK and first hit

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/KSAF_1_998-1.jpg

Hopefully I will have some time to just wander through

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Pangani20Forest20002-1.jpg

and maybe do a loop around

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/treeoflifeii-1.jpg

then catch the first showing of

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Finding_Nemo_at_Disneys_Animal_K-1.jpg

After this I will be heading to DHS for lunch at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/1_dining_brown_derby.jpg

And hopefully catch

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Indiana-Jones.jpg

And ride

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/m_atat.jpg

and/or

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/backlot-tour9-big-1.jpg

I will stay and watch

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/block-party-bash.jpg

After the parade I will head back to the resort for a rest before Shelby arrives sometime after 6:00. We will probably have enough time to drop her things and grab a cab to

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/wildernesslodge.jpg

For dinner at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Disney_Jan07_Res_50_062-1.jpg
(Artist Point)

After we have stuffed ourselves, we will grab the boat over to Magic Kingdom and hope we don’t sink it! We may end up cutting it short but may be able to catch

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/spectromickey-9x12-1.jpg

I hope to see some of it because this will be our only chance to see it up close. We will probably skip grabbing a spot for wishes on this night and instead head toward

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/77ac5_big-thunder-mountain-magic-ki.jpg

And maybe

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/world_tour_05_1172527080_p100036-1.jpg

This will be MK EMH night and I really want to be sure to also do

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/disney_jungle_cruise-1.jpg

And

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Astro-Orbiter-1.jpg

in the dark. We’ll do whatever based on our energy level. I would love to stay till 1 am but I have a feeling we won’t even come close!

Lady Lallie
04-22-2010, 07:39 AM
That sounds like a great day you have planned! I'm jealous. :rotfl:

SoonerGirl
04-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Great plans for day 2! Mom and I will be at AK that morning as well, if you're bored by yourself give me a call :thumbsup2 Although, it might be really nice to just go at your own pace and stop and look at what you want to look at :goodvibes

Oh, and YIPPEE!!!!!! for single digits :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

MHTeacher
04-22-2010, 10:10 AM
YAY FOR SINGLE DIGITS !!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

kschafer
04-22-2010, 06:08 PM
That sounds like a great day you have planned! I'm jealous. :rotfl:

I still can't decide between the grapefruit cake and the strawberry dessert. Wish you could come share with me!

Great plans for day 2! Mom and I will be at AK that morning as well, if you're bored by yourself give me a call :thumbsup2 Although, it might be really nice to just go at your own pace and stop and look at what you want to look at :goodvibes

Oh, and YIPPEE!!!!!! for single digits :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

If Robb doesn't join me, I'll give you a call...maybe we can safari together!

YAY FOR SINGLE DIGITS !!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

kcandbella
04-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Yay for single digits and for EMH at MK! We will be there watching Spectro, too!!!!!! So soon!!!!! :dance3:

cdotla
04-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Sounds like great plans for May 2! :goodvibes

I am also leaning towards trying the grapefruit cake at BD this trip. Never heard of the strawberry dessert - fill me in!;)

PrincessInOz
04-23-2010, 02:49 AM
Day 2 looks jam packed! :thumbsup2 Yay for single digits.

2xcited2sleep
04-23-2010, 05:57 AM
Single digits!!!! :cool1: Your plans sound terrific. Jam packed with fun! And I am SO jealous of a forecast of 92 and sunny!!

kschafer
04-23-2010, 06:30 AM
Yay for single digits and for EMH at MK! We will be there watching Spectro, too!!!!!! So soon!!!!! :dance3:

I have a feeling we will miss Spectro just because I don't want to rush dinner. After they added second Fantastmics this week, I have my fingers crossed they will decide to do a second showing of spectro too!

Sounds like great plans for May 2! :goodvibes

I am also leaning towards trying the grapefruit cake at BD this trip. Never heard of the strawberry dessert - fill me in!;)

"Shortbread Crusted Cheesecake - with Grand Marnier macerated strawberries"

LL loved it! I just noticed on AllEars that BD has now combined their lunch and dinner menu so now the cobb salad is an appetizer on the lunch menu too so I'm not going to have to decide between it and another entree :yay:

Day 2 looks jam packed! :thumbsup2 Yay for single digits.

Almost there!!!!! :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1:

Single digits!!!! :cool1: Your plans sound terrific. Jam packed with fun! And I am SO jealous of a forecast of 92 and sunny!!

92 is a bit warm for my taste but I will hold back any complaints!

kschafer
04-23-2010, 06:37 AM
Monday May 3

Orlando Weather Forecast: 87 degrees, mostly sunny and humid

Part of the reason I don’t want to push ourselves at MK EMH the night before is because we have a breakfast date this morning with Pooh and the 100 Acre Wood gang. We have a 9:00 ADR at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/383.jpg

so of course my goal is to arrive no later than 8:30 to allow us that dream walk down a quiet Main Street USA. :cloud9: I’m looking forward to the omelet bar and Pooh’s puffed toast!!

Our touring plan today will include anything in Adventureland, Frontierland and Liberty Square that we didn’t get to the night before but most importantly

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/MK_Mansion_reopened_kober.jpg

And we can’t forget to check out

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/pirates_new_outdoor_signage_bennett.jpg

and

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Treehouse204.jpg

Then we will head over to Tomorrowland where we will do

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/monsters-inc-laugh-floor.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/space-mountain1.jpg

And

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/buzz-lightyear.jpg

On our last trip I overlooked 2 very important classics so I CANNOT forget

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Carousel_of_Progress_1920.jpg

And

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/tta096.jpg

Finally, I want to make sure we catch

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/usa-2008_1202317200_magic-kingdom-p.jpg

We will probably watch the parade from near the train station on Main Street so as soon as it is finished, we can book it to the busses to head back to the resort. My parents will be arriving in Orlando this afternoon and checking into their off-site hotel then coming over to CSR to check out our digs. Mom has also promised to bring me more

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Diet20Pepsi201_0L.png

So I should be set! Shelby and I will do a quick change into some nicer clothes for our dinner at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/3138380081_d41e232f12.jpg

Yes, I have talked my very frugal parents into joining us for dinner here. Of course their plan is to split an entrée and share our appetizers and desserts but seriously, this is a big shock for me!

After dinner we will drive with Mom and Dad over to

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/downtowndisney.jpg

Dad wants to come here because there is a certain toy he has always been very fond of and there is a store dedicated to it here

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/sany0003.jpg

This was Dad’s hobby when I was a kid, he would build castles and life-size robots (OK, the robot was my size and I was 2 but that’s still impressive) so I think he will enjoy seeing the lego creations here. Otherwise, we’ll just walk around and try to burn off some of our dinner, this will not be our big shopping visit.

When we are done here, we’ll call it a night and head back to the resort

Lady Lallie
04-23-2010, 07:04 AM
Oh...the strawberry cheesecake is just delicious. Still my favorite cheesecake EVER and I've sampled quite a bit. :rotfl2: Can you still get the grapefruit cake at Starring Rolls...then you could have both!!

I'm assuming you dinner is at Narcoosee's, right? I really want to go there, the food pics I've seen always look so yummy!

PrincessInOz
04-23-2010, 07:16 AM
(sound of my palm smacking my head...)

I didn't even THINK about booking an early breakfast at MK to get that dream walk of quiet down Main Street. Oh well, looks like I'll have to start planning the NEXT trip. :rolleyes1

Monsters Laugh Floor wasn't there the last time I visited (at least I don't think so)...is it good?

SoonerGirl
04-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Looks like a great day. Yum - french toast puffs! What a great way to start the day - a stroll down a nearly empty Main Street, followed by a yummy breakfast with Pooh & the gang :cloud9:

We will be at the GF for dinner that night too, only we are dining at the GF Cafe

manntra
04-23-2010, 10:09 AM
Looks like a great day Katie! I love CP for breakfast ::yes::Something else good..maybe it is Pooh's french toast :rotfl2: It doesn't look very appetizing...it has berries and such...looks more like a bread pudding and it might even be that :rotfl2:

Tracy

Cory's Gal
04-23-2010, 12:31 PM
I hope you have MAGICAL trip Katie!! I won't be able to post until we get back and you will be gone!! Enjoy every moment!!!

:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum :mickeyjum

MHTeacher
04-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Yes, I have talked my very frugal parents into joining us for dinner here. Of course their plan is to split an entrée and share our appetizers and desserts but seriously, this is a big shock for me!

:rotfl: They sound like my parents! I love 'em, but sometimes I think to myself, "My dad would kill me if he knew how much I was paying per night to stay here at the Poly!" :laughing:

jenjolt
04-23-2010, 02:20 PM
OOOOH...my beloved HM!! Will you think of me when you ride it LOL!!! I can't wait until the next time I'm on that ride!!! Such good times!!!

Your plans are looking so great and I wish I was going with you!

kschafer
04-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Oh...the strawberry cheesecake is just delicious. Still my favorite cheesecake EVER and I've sampled quite a bit. :rotfl2: Can you still get the grapefruit cake at Starring Rolls...then you could have both!!

I'm assuming you dinner is at Narcoosee's, right? I really want to go there, the food pics I've seen always look so yummy!

I don't think they have it at Starring Rolls...I just don't know. If Robb is with me, I'll talk him into sharing!

Yep, Narcoossee's! Planning on the surf and turf which is supposed to be excellent (at least to us midwesterners lobster standards!)

(sound of my palm smacking my head...)

I didn't even THINK about booking an early breakfast at MK to get that dream walk of quiet down Main Street. Oh well, looks like I'll have to start planning the NEXT trip. :rolleyes1

Monsters Laugh Floor wasn't there the last time I visited (at least I don't think so)...is it good?

Lot's of Disers try for the first ADR time (8:05 I think) so they can leave by rope drop time but I am happy with a 9:00, I can still get to Main Street early without having to be at the park quite so early.

I thought it was cute the first time I saw it. I don't know how much of the jokes are recycled from show to show but they have some fun audience participation.

Looks like a great day. Yum - french toast puffs! What a great way to start the day - a stroll down a nearly empty Main Street, followed by a yummy breakfast with Pooh & the gang :cloud9:

We will be at the GF for dinner that night too, only we are dining at the GF Cafe

We are doing GFC for lunch later in the week. Their dessert sampler looks heavenly!!

Looks like a great day Katie! I love CP for breakfast ::yes::Something else good..maybe it is Pooh's french toast :rotfl2: It doesn't look very appetizing...it has berries and such...looks more like a bread pudding and it might even be that :rotfl2:

Tracy

I've seen pictures of that (do they call it a breakfast lasagna?) It looks nasty and I had no plans to try it but if you say it's like a bread pudding, I may have to try a SMALL sample

I hope you have MAGICAL trip Katie!! I won't be able to post until we get back and you will be gone!! Enjoy every moment!!!

:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum :mickeyjum

Thanks Beth! Have a fantastic trip!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it when I get back :thumbsup2

:rotfl: They sound like my parents! I love 'em, but sometimes I think to myself, "My dad would kill me if he knew how much I was paying per night to stay here at the Poly!" :laughing:

They would die if they knew how much the deluxe dining plan cost :faint: I sometimes have to remind myself that their money choices have allowed them a very nice retirement so I guess they know what they are doing

OOOOH...my beloved HM!! Will you think of me when you ride it LOL!!! I can't wait until the next time I'm on that ride!!! Such good times!!!

Your plans are looking so great and I wish I was going with you!

I will definitely think of you while riding HM and make sure they know you want to be #1,000! (If you get bored on the weekend though you could drive down and ride with me ;))

kschafer
04-24-2010, 07:52 AM
One week from this very moment, I will be double checking my bags and making sure everything is ready to go!! :banana:

I saw yesterday that May 1 is the last scheduled day for the UP characters at DHS. Good thing I will be there that evening, I hope they are still out! I guess the area will be refurbed during the rest of the time I am there because they say on the 9th, the new bear character from TS3 will start in the same location.

Tuesday, May 4

Orlando Weather Forecast: 85 degrees, humid with clouds and sun

Today is scheduled to be an Epcot day! They have AM EMH’s, hopefully we will get there for rope drop but I’m not going to stress about it if we don’t because Mom and Dad will be joining us and since they are offsite, they can’t enter until 9 anyways.

The morning will most likely be focused on

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/20426116.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/living_with_the_land_bassett.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/CrushTurtleTalk_disney.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Spaceship_Earth_2.jpg

And

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Walt20Disney20World20Epcot20Future2.jpg

And of course checking out the F&G festival!! We are cheating for meals today and Shelby and Mom will be having lunch at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/RnRwMC-3.jpg

while Dad and I grab CS. We will meet up after lunch to tour WS, then later Dad and I will be having dinner at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/11102083_4d6f6d8309.jpg

I don’t have a lot mapped out for this day because I’m honestly not sure what others will want to do most and a lot of our time will be spent just wandering and checking things out. I don’t know if we will take an afternoon break or not. I don’t know if we will stay for Illuminations or not. This will be our flexible day!

2xcited2sleep
04-24-2010, 08:41 AM
I am so excited for you. All your plans look just great. Yippee to one week from today!!! :yay:

manntra
04-24-2010, 10:09 AM
:hyper::jumping1: Woo Hoo for ONE WEEK :jumping1::hyper:

I think I might get a little crazy tomorrow and bring the suitcases up :rotfl2:
Next Saturday is going to be hard for me because I usually leave early in the am and my flight isn't until 4:32pm :rolleyes1 I think I might work for awhile :confused3
I am going to Biergarten (love it there :)) Monday night so I will be sure to save you some food. And beer :drinking1
I think I need to add another breakfast (I really, really, really love Disney scrambled eggs and they are the only ones I ever eat :rotfl2:) so I think I will hop on over to the reservations site and see if I can find something good :)

Tracy

kcandbella
04-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Yay for one week! :cheer2:

Days three and four look really fun!

kschafer
04-24-2010, 06:21 PM
I am so excited for you. All your plans look just great. Yippee to one week from today!!! :yay:

So sad you cancelled your just in case ressie :sad1: Vicarious trips will do in a pinch...I've been surviving almost 2 years now on them!

:hyper::jumping1: Woo Hoo for ONE WEEK :jumping1::hyper:

I think I might get a little crazy tomorrow and bring the suitcases up :rotfl2:
Next Saturday is going to be hard for me because I usually leave early in the am and my flight isn't until 4:32pm :rolleyes1 I think I might work for awhile :confused3
I am going to Biergarten (love it there :)) Monday night so I will be sure to save you some food. And beer :drinking1
I think I need to add another breakfast (I really, really, really love Disney scrambled eggs and they are the only ones I ever eat :rotfl2:) so I think I will hop on over to the reservations site and see if I can find something good :)

Tracy

I got out my suitcase a few days ago but as soon as Daniel came home from school, he couldn't leave it alone so it went back into the closet. It will have to wait until Thursday

You can have the beer, leave me some food and wine!

I'm not a big egg eater anywhere (except as a vessel to hold the fillings of an omelet!) What breakfast ADR's do you have? Did you add one?

Yay for one week! :cheer2:

Days three and four look really fun!

Thanks Kayce! I'm pretty stinking excited but trying to focus on real life for a couple more days :laundy:

kschafer
04-25-2010, 06:48 AM
Wednesday, May 5

Orlando Weather Forecast: 88 degrees, mostly sunny and humid. Although as Kayce (I think it was you) pointed out, there is a lot of difference in forecast depending on which source you use!

This morning will be a bit of a sleep in day…no rope drop for us! We do however have breakfast ADR’s at 10 at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/disneybeachclubcapemaycafe01.jpg

Where we will dine with Mickey and the Gang. After breakfast we will borrow Christine and Anita’s private entrance to walk to Epcot for a much anticipated event….

THE CINCO DE MAYO DISMEET at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Epcot-Tequila-Bar.jpg

I really can’t wait to grab a couple margaritas and finally get to say hello in person to so many Disers I feel fortunate to have met through this planning process! We will probably stay a couple hours or until everyone else ditches us because the only time limit we have today is making sure we get to AK in time for

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/wdw-jamminjungleparade.jpg

It’s also very important we catch a showing of

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Festival-of-the-Lion-King.jpg

Then make our way to Asia so I can say hello to these critters

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/dsc01976_641.jpg

We may try

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/2821101080036973245ETjPKk_ph.jpg

Or

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/orlando2007_290.jpg

Then at some point we have a date for more drinks with Tracy and Mary Ellen and a trek to find

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/exevv.jpg

This is evening EMH and we will stay and do as much as we possibly can! Afterwards we will head to

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/AnimalKingdomLodge_008_Lobby_JPG.jpg

For a late dinner with Tracy and her friend at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Animal_Kingdom_Jiko_Restaurant.jpg

I plan to grab some

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/zebra-dome.jpg

On the way out then call it a night

MeMom
04-25-2010, 06:52 AM
We may try

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/2821101080036973245ETjPKk_ph.jpg

Or

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/orlando2007_290.jpg

Walk on the wild side - do BOTH! :dance3:

I plan to grab some

I just put these up so we could all see them again. :)

kcandbella
04-25-2010, 06:57 AM
DIS-meet day! :woohoo::woohoo: Can't wait!

What are those things? They look amazingly delicious! Can you only get them there? I NEED one! :lmao:

kschafer
04-25-2010, 07:35 AM
Walk on the wild side - do BOTH! :dance3:

I just put these up so we could all see them again. :)

Assuming it will be warm enough to not mind walking around wet, I'll be happy to do both!

Gee, who was I thinking of when I posted that pic? :rolleyes: (MeMom and CP)

DIS-meet day! :woohoo::woohoo: Can't wait!

What are those things? They look amazingly delicious! Can you only get them there? I NEED one! :lmao:

I can't wait too...I love margaritas!!! :laughing: (I can't wait to meet everyone of course)

These things?

(so you can see them again) :teeth:

They are zebra domes and have quite a following. I've never had them but I THINK they have some kind of cake and mousse and have a coffee flavor. Obviously they are dipped in white chocolate and have chcolate stripes. I believe they are only available at Boma (TS buffet) and Mara (grab and go) at AKL

Charleston Princess
04-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Hurray for one week until Disney and the prospect of zebra domes in a week and a half! :banana:

kcandbella
04-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Yes, that is what I am talking about. Though if they have a coffee flavor I really don't need one--I hate coffee!! Saves me a trip! :rotfl:

2xcited2sleep
04-25-2010, 09:24 AM
What a perfect day... Beach Club, tequila and DIS'ers! :cloud9: Really wish I could be there. I'll be there in spirit!! :)

Native NYer
04-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Great plans, especially the zebra domes.

manntra
04-25-2010, 01:10 PM
:woohoo: for Cinco de Mayo!! That is going to be a very alcohol infused day :rotfl2: I don't know if I will be able to find the Yeti by that time :rotfl: You will love Jiko! I keep looking at the menus for everywhere although I already know I am getting the filet again. ;) I like the zebra domes and I despise coffee so maybe the chocolate stands out more to me :confused3...and yes you can only get them at Boma dinner and Mara.
Wish you were going to be there too C....:hug:

Tracy

SoonerGirl
04-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Yes, that is what I am talking about. Though if they have a coffee flavor I really don't need one--I hate coffee!! Saves me a trip! :rotfl:

If they are coffee flavored then it is extreamly subtle - I don't like coffee or anything coffee flavored, and I remember really loving the zebra domes when I tried them at Boma. In fact, I'm planning to pick some up at Mara after our dinner at Jiko to enjoy later :thumbsup2

All your plans looks great Katie - it's getting so close now! :banana:

PrincessInOz
04-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Day 5 sounds so surreal...we'll be crossing paths at the Cinco Meet. I think I'm going to have to try some of those zebra domes myself. If there is a way to take caffeine intraveneously legally, I'd be there. :rotfl2:

MHTeacher
04-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Ahhhh, a week from today, you will be sitting pretty in Disney World! :woohoo: I'm so excited for you, Katie!

cdotla
04-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Too funny! We will be at 4 places that you will be on May 5th...but it looks like we will miss you at everyone expect Cinco de Mayo.

We are also doing Cape May for breakfast...but much earlier than you!;)

And we will also be doing Jiko for dinner...but again, much earlier than you!

Possibly we will see you at AK for EMH. Our plan is to hit it for the last hour once we finish dinner. We shall see.:)

What a perfect day... Beach Club, tequila and DIS'ers! :cloud9: Really wish I could be there. I'll be there in spirit!! :)

kschafer
04-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Hurray for one week until Disney and the prospect of zebra domes in a week and a half! :banana:

I'll be sure to think of you CP as I snack on them!! ::yes::

I'm not usually a fan of white chocolate (it's NOT chocolate) but I am a coffee lover so I'm looking forward to them :thumbsup2

It's not a day filled with touring excitement but one I am looking forward to the most! :goodvibes

Great plans, especially the zebra domes.

I can't wait :upsidedow

:woohoo: for Cinco de Mayo!! That is going to be a very alcohol infused day :rotfl2: I don't know if I will be able to find the Yeti by that time :rotfl: You will love Jiko! I keep looking at the menus for everywhere although I already know I am getting the filet again. ;) I like the zebra domes and I despise coffee so maybe the chocolate stands out more to me :confused3...and yes you can only get them at Boma dinner and Mara.
Wish you were going to be there too C....:hug:

Tracy

Will Mara still be open after our dinner? Maybe I should grab them before. I'm definitely getting the filet too *drool* although I saw an updated menu and was bummed that the chocolate cake LL was looking forward to in January is not listed anymore :guilty:

If they are coffee flavored then it is extreamly subtle - I don't like coffee or anything coffee flavored, and I remember really loving the zebra domes when I tried them at Boma. In fact, I'm planning to pick some up at Mara after our dinner at Jiko to enjoy later :thumbsup2

All your plans looks great Katie - it's getting so close now! :banana:

I'm not counting tonight so only 5 more days! :yay:

Day 5 sounds so surreal...we'll be crossing paths at the Cinco Meet. I think I'm going to have to try some of those zebra domes myself. If there is a way to take caffeine intraveneously legally, I'd be there. :rotfl2:

Glad to have another coffee fiend with me :hyper:

Ahhhh, a week from today, you will be sitting pretty in Disney World! :woohoo: I'm so excited for you, Katie!

:cool1: Thanks Michelle!

Too funny! We will be at 4 places that you will be on May 5th...but it looks like we will miss you at everyone expect Cinco de Mayo.

We are also doing Cape May for breakfast...but much earlier than you!;)

And we will also be doing Jiko for dinner...but again, much earlier than you!

Possibly we will see you at AK for EMH. Our plan is to hit it for the last hour once we finish dinner. We shall see.:)

Great minds I guess! It's bound to be a FUN day :cool2:

PrincessInOz
04-25-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm just going to enjoy these last few days hanging out here on the DisBoard. :thumbsup2
Having a coffee right now for you Katie.

kschafer
04-26-2010, 06:29 AM
I'm just going to enjoy these last few days hanging out here on the DisBoard. :thumbsup2
Having a coffee right now for you Katie.

Good morning! I just sat down with my coffee for my morning routine :surfweb:

PrincessInOz
04-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Good morning! I just sat down with my coffee for my morning routine :surfweb:

Good evening. It's just gone 10 pm in Melbourne. I'm about to :cloud9:. Enjoy your coffee...we are so going to have to find a place to share coffee at the world.

kschafer
04-26-2010, 07:18 AM
Good evening. It's just gone 10 pm in Melbourne. I'm about to :cloud9:. Enjoy your coffee...we are so going to have to find a place to share coffee at the world.

Hey! your Mickey glove in your ticker has just the right number of fingers for today's countdown :lmao:

Goodnight...

kschafer
04-26-2010, 07:24 AM
What is it about facing the start of the final week? I've known my trip was coming up but have always felt like I was jumping the gun on preparing for it. Now when I do a couple loads of towels today, I'll be thinking...these will be the last until I return. When I clean the toilets and vacuum in a couple days...it will be the last until I return. Only 3 more days until my designated packing day...it's really going to get here!!!!

:cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay:

Thursday, May 6

Orlando Weather Forecast: 82 degrees, sunny! Does it get any better than that?

This morning we have to get up to check out of our room on our vacation package and check into our room-only ressie (can we do this the night before?). Of course we hope to simply stay in the same room

We will have to wake early because this is MK’s EMH morning and I don’t want to miss

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/186813225_df4f6d79cc.jpg

We may decide to go ride one of the mountains first but eventually we will need to make our way to Fantasyland because we have a date to meet Julia and Rachel. I saved this area of the park for last since we would be with them and I am happy to do everything there but most important is

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/wdw_signs_philharmagic.jpg

If we have time, we’ll wander over to visit

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Mickeys_Country_House.jpg and http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/3680532700_3244a70daa.jpg

We will probably stop at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/DSC00597.jpg

to spend our unused snack credits. The kids will love lollipops and other treats when we return home! Lunch today will be at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/23_Grand_Floridian_Cafe.jpg
(Grand Floridain Café)

Then we’ll head back to the resort for an afternoon of relaxing including

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/dig_site_pool_holland.jpg

And

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/siestas1.jpg

Dinner tonight will be at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/OBFB_1_998.jpg

Where we will dine with MEK, Denny and their friends

We’ll probably call it an early night since we have promised our kids that we will talk to them on Skype a couple times while we are gone.

MHTeacher
04-26-2010, 09:07 AM
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/DSC00597.jpg

It's just a little after 9 in the morning---Why'd you have to show me pictures of candy so early? :rotfl: Now I have a desire to eat something................ sweet, preferably!

How exciting that your trip is almost here! :woohoo:

KatMark
04-26-2010, 09:18 AM
How did I totally miss you had a pretrip report going? Now I have to go back to the beginning and start reading...and fast if I want to catch up before your trip. :rotfl:

jenjolt
04-26-2010, 11:31 AM
What a wonderful day!!! You guys are going to have so much fun!! OOOH...the confectionary is one of my favorite spots in all of Magic Kingdom! Be on the look out you might meet the Dapper Dans there and the fudge oh the fudge...yummmy!!!!

SoonerGirl
04-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Can you believe I've never been in the confectionary :eek: I really need to remedy that!

MEK
04-26-2010, 12:54 PM
I am still really torn on what to do for Cinco de Mayo because I had planned on making that an AK day from morning until night. I suppose I could change it up a bit because the idea of margaritas and a DIS meet sounds so fun.

What time does the meet actually start? Maybe if we drive to DC and enter through Christine's entrance, we can get there for the tail end.

I love all your plans Katie. You really have planned every last detail.

kschafer
04-26-2010, 01:00 PM
It's just a little after 9 in the morning---Why'd you have to show me pictures of candy so early? :rotfl: Now I have a desire to eat something................ sweet, preferably!

How exciting that your trip is almost here! :woohoo:

Sweets are good anytime of day :goodvibes

How did I totally miss you had a pretrip report going? Now I have to go back to the beginning and start reading...and fast if I want to catch up before your trip. :rotfl:

:welcome: Kathy! It's OK, the fun is really about to begin so your're here in time!

What a wonderful day!!! You guys are going to have so much fun!! OOOH...the confectionary is one of my favorite spots in all of Magic Kingdom! Be on the look out you might meet the Dapper Dans there and the fudge oh the fudge...yummmy!!!!

I didn't know the Dapper Dans can be found here! :thumbsup2 Mmm, fudge...it may not make it home to the boys :rolleyes1

Can you believe I've never been in the confectionary :eek: I really need to remedy that!

::yes:: Yum Yum Yumminess!!

I am still really torn on what to do for Cinco de Mayo because I had planned on making that an AK day from morning until night. I suppose I could change it up a bit because the idea of margaritas and a DIS meet sounds so fun.

What time does the meet actually start? Maybe if we drive to DC and enter through Christine's entrance, we can get there for the tail end.

I love all your plans Katie. You really have planned every last detail.

the meet starts at noon but there are a handful of people who aren't going to make it until 1 or 2. Drive on over!

manntra
04-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Hi Katie....I was thinking that yesterday while doing laundry/cleaning....although I obsessively clean again right before I leave to go anywhere :rotfl2:
I think Mara is open pretty late...maybe until 11 or so....I would get them after dinner because they need to be kept chilled. Perhaps I will join you in getting some :lmao:
The dessert is still there....the one with the lavender ice cream? My niece had that one too and it was very good and very rich. It is described as a cheesecake but is actually just a really dense chocolate cake....I had the creme brulee ;)

Tracy

lovesdumbo
04-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Thursday, May 6

Orlando Weather Forecast: 82 degrees, sunny! Does it get any better than that?[/COLOR]
Sorry I've fallen behind a bit on your TR. Anyone else having problems with the entire thread not displaying? Not just on your TR but other longer threads too?

Anyways....That forecast for May 6th sound great! It is my birthday so I hope it hold!!!:banana: We'll be at MK that morning too. We have a late breakfast with Pooh and then dinner at California Grill.

I had read that the breakfast lasagna was gone at CP.:confused3 It was actually pretty good-layers of pancakes, berries, and custard with carmelized bananas on top. But VERY sweet so you could only eat a tiny bit. I thought I recently read they now have some peach thing-if it is what they had at Liberty Tree Tavern when CP was closed in January I can skip it.

Oh...and I've already packed our clothes-won't be needed them here. I still have a lot of work to do backing up photos, reformatting memory cards, charging batteries, before the trip.

PrincessInOz
04-27-2010, 04:52 AM
:love: the sweet shop. Enjoy these last planning days.

kschafer
04-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Hi Katie....I was thinking that yesterday while doing laundry/cleaning....although I obsessively clean again right before I leave to go anywhere :rotfl2:
I think Mara is open pretty late...maybe until 11 or so....I would get them after dinner because they need to be kept chilled. Perhaps I will join you in getting some :lmao:
The dessert is still there....the one with the lavender ice cream? My niece had that one too and it was very good and very rich. It is described as a cheesecake but is actually just a really dense chocolate cake....I had the creme brulee ;)

I usually clean obsessively before going somewhere too which is odd because normally I am not like that at all. I do love coming home to a clean home, but this time it's more about making sure Greg has the lest amount of extra work possible while I am gone. I have no expectations that I will be coming home to a clean house :laughing:

Good plan! After Jiko...Mara. I didn't see the cheesecake on the AllEars menu but there was something else that sounds good too. I'm sure I won't go hungry!!!

Sorry I've fallen behind a bit on your TR. Anyone else having problems with the entire thread not displaying? Not just on your TR but other longer threads too?

Anyways....That forecast for May 6th sound great! It is my birthday so I hope it hold!!!:banana: We'll be at MK that morning too. We have a late breakfast with Pooh and then dinner at California Grill.

I had read that the breakfast lasagna was gone at CP.:confused3 It was actually pretty good-layers of pancakes, berries, and custard with carmelized bananas on top. But VERY sweet so you could only eat a tiny bit. I thought I recently read they now have some peach thing-if it is what they had at Liberty Tree Tavern when CP was closed in January I can skip it.

Oh...and I've already packed our clothes-won't be needed them here. I still have a lot of work to do backing up photos, reformatting memory cards, charging batteries, before the trip.

I am constantly hitting refresh on the Dis because it does not update automatically for me anymore. It's a pain!

The lasagna always looked gross to me (and I'm not a banana fan anyways) so I don't mind if it is gone. Sorry to those of you who liked it!

I COULD pack because I will not be needing my shorts and t-shirts before I leave because we are having a cooler week right now but waiting is more about saving some sanity because my kids will want to be looking through my things and I'll stress about whether I still have everything :sad2:

Yep, plenty left to do here too!

:love: the sweet shop. Enjoy these last planning days.

thanks, you should be about ready to go right?

kschafer
04-27-2010, 06:39 AM
So just as I suspected, I got called yesterday for a job interview…next Thursday :scared1:

Luckily this is the high school where my hubby teaches and the principal and interview committee all know me so when I told the principal I was supposed to be out of town next week, she said she would talk today to the teachers on the committee to find a day after school this week to squeeze me in before I leave. Wish me luck!

Friday, May 7

Orlando Weather Forecast: 84 degrees, a morning shower

This morning we will sleep in just a bit then head to

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/downtowndisney.jpg

With definite stops at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/Downtown-Disney-Marketplace-60.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/sany0003.jpg

And

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/MP2.jpg

gotta get that Disney Visa discount! Do they do resort package delivery from here? We’ll probably use up our coupon for

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/planethollywood.jpg

for a little lunch, then make our way to

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/disney-beaches-and-cream.jpg

to split a No way Jose. Once again, we'll walk into Epcot and probably spend the afternoon walking around World Showcase or whatever we didn’t get to do on Tuesday. Another go with the flow afternoon!

Dinner will be at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/rosecrown_ext_resize.jpg

Where I hope to get a patio table for a great view of

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/EP_WS_Illuminations_uriaus.jpg

Tonight is Epcots evening EMH’s so we will stay as late as we feel to do whatever we want!! I really want to try the orange side of

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/050614_mission_space_hmed_7a_hmediu.jpg

But I’m also planning on a few drinks this evening so I may have to opt out! :laughing:

PrincessInOz
04-27-2010, 06:53 AM
Friday the 7th sounds like a great day.
How's your packing coming along?

Good luck for the interview! And well done for getting it shifted to this week (not next Thursday). You could have always told them to come to WDW and interview you between Philharmagic and lunch! :rotfl2:

Charleston Princess
04-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Good luck with the job interview! :goodvibes

lovesdumbo
04-27-2010, 08:27 AM
:wizard:Good luck with the interview!!!:wizard:

SoonerGirl
04-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Oh my gosh, thank goodness you know the principal well enough to get the interview moved to this week!

Friday is going to be a go with the flow day for us as well, trip is winding down, time to take it easy :thumbsup2

kcandbella
04-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Good luck with the interview! :wizard:

Your plans are all looking really good! Getting so close!:woohoo:

manntra
04-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Good luck with your interview Katie :hug:
I have been obsessing over over my iPhone weather app and all I can say is bring lots of sunscreen!! The weather is looking great and I hope it stays that way! :) Especially since it is freeeeeeeezing here this week!!
I did the orange side after two Cosmo slushies and I was okay :rotfl2:

Tracy

kschafer
04-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Friday the 7th sounds like a great day.
How's your packing coming along?

Good luck for the interview! And well done for getting it shifted to this week (not next Thursday). You could have always told them to come to WDW and interview you between Philharmagic and lunch! :rotfl2:

Packing mentally is coming along great! Still too many other things on my to-do list first

I'm fairly certain the district doesn't have the professional development funds for an onsite interview :lmao:

Good luck with the job interview! :goodvibes

:wizard:Good luck with the interview!!!:wizard:

Thanks so much :goodvibes

Oh my gosh, thank goodness you know the principal well enough to get the interview moved to this week!

Friday is going to be a go with the flow day for us as well, trip is winding down, time to take it easy :thumbsup2

I like that about the last few days, have lots of goals at the beginning then give yourself time at the end to go back to anything you missed or really want to do again.

Good luck with the interview! :wizard:

Your plans are all looking really good! Getting so close!:woohoo:

A little panic is starting to set in :eek: it must be close now!

Good luck with your interview Katie :hug:
I have been obsessing over over my iPhone weather app and all I can say is bring lots of sunscreen!! The weather is looking great and I hope it stays that way! :) Especially since it is freeeeeeeezing here this week!!
I did the orange side after two Cosmo slushies and I was okay :rotfl2:

Tracy

I'm so excited about the weather forecast. I would try to not let poor weather get me down but it is much more enjoyable with warm weather and sun!

:rotfl2: Maybe I should mention that I have an inner ear condition and sometimes have motion issues so we will see how I am feeling :rolleyes1

Thanks everyone for your well wishes on the job interview, I really appreciate it! I got a call from the high school principal this morning. I was kind of hoping she would say they wanted to meet today so that I can just get it over with but they can't do it until Friday. I guess I can't complain because Greg has seriously gone through flight options for me to come home for a day of my trip :scared1: This is only 3 more days, then I get to go and enjoy my vacation without stressing about it!

MEK
04-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Great pictures for May 7th. I have NO plans for that day. Our flight doesn't leave until 740pm on Friday! It will be interesting to see what we end up doing that day. Maybe that would be a good day to meet with my DVC guide.

Anyway - good luck with your interview. But don't even think about coming home from your trip to interview early. That would just be pure madness.

MHTeacher
04-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Good luck with your job interview! :thumbsup2

kschafer
04-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Great pictures for May 7th. I have NO plans for that day. Our flight doesn't leave until 740pm on Friday! It will be interesting to see what we end up doing that day. Maybe that would be a good day to meet with my DVC guide.

Anyway - good luck with your interview. But don't even think about coming home from your trip to interview early. That would just be pure madness.

Did I hear you say there are some secret bonuses for adding DVC points? It will be interesting to hear what they have going now.

I never seriously looked at coming home but you can bet Greg did! He just wants me to have a job.

Good luck with your job interview! :thumbsup2

Thanks Michelle!

eyor44
04-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Good luck with the interview. :wizard::wizard::wizard:

I haven't started packing either. I'll do that on Sunday. :thumbsup2 I am loving all the pics you have of what you are going to do each day. I am making notes. ;)

cdotla
04-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Good luck with the job interview Katie!!! As if you didn't already have enough on your plate!:rotfl:

Good luck packing and getting final preparations done for the trip...not long now!

See ya real soon!!!!

PrincessInOz
04-28-2010, 06:23 AM
Good luck Katie. I'll be thinking of you on Friday....I'll be in California on Friday hopefully without any jetlag :scared1:

kschafer
04-28-2010, 07:05 AM
Good luck with the interview. :wizard::wizard::wizard:

I haven't started packing either. I'll do that on Sunday. :thumbsup2 I am loving all the pics you have of what you are going to do each day. I am making notes. ;)

Thanks! Make sure you say Hi if we happen to be in the same place at the same time!

Good luck with the job interview Katie!!! As if you didn't already have enough on your plate!:rotfl:

Good luck packing and getting final preparations done for the trip...not long now!

See ya real soon!!!!

Honestly, I had no sense of panic about being ready for the trip until this came along. Now I am bumping up my to-do list a bit and wondering what will fall off by Friday afternoon because my focus will be all on the boys once the interview is done. The fun news though is that I get to pull out the suitcase today!

Good luck Katie. I'll be thinking of you on Friday....I'll be in California on Friday hopefully without any jetlag :scared1:

Thanks! I hope you are pixie dusted with NO jetlag :wizard:

kschafer
04-28-2010, 07:12 AM
Saturday, May 8

Orlando Weather Forecast: 85 degrees, times of clouds and sun

This morning we will need to get up and go for our last Disney day which will start with early EMH’s at DHS with of course the dash to

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/toy_story_mania_ride-1.jpg

And all important stops at

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/tower-of-terror_03-1.jpg

And

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/rockinrollercoaster.jpg

And catching a show of

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/mgmbeauty5-1.jpg

Depending on what else we want to do, we will stay for Block Party Bash or maybe do some more attractions…we’ll see!

Eventually we will make our way to MK. No touring plans…I would like to see the Flag Retreat and

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/M2016.jpg

otherwise it will be whatever we feel like. Sometime shortly before 9, we will get signed in for the Wishes Dessert Party!!

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r435/ktschafer/ptr/mkdessertparty1041-760432.jpg

I plan to enjoy this to the max. Afterwards we will get to meet up with MeMom and her clan (and no, I won’t forget to bring your chocolate covered strawberry!)

Eventually, they will make us leave the park but I will be in NO hurry since this will be my last chance to soak it in until who-knows-when! Yes, I will have to get up at an insanely early time the next morning but I don’t care, I can sleep on the plane.

2xcited2sleep
04-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Everything looks terrific!! You are going to have so much fun!!! Good luck with the interview. That's nice you'll have it completed and can really relax on vacation! :)

SoonerGirl
04-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Sounds like a great last day :goodvibes Wish we were still going to be there that night, so I could pop over and meet MeMom too!

kschafer
04-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Everything looks terrific!! You are going to have so much fun!!! Good luck with the interview. That's nice you'll have it completed and can really relax on vacation! :)

I'm trying to not stress about things beyond my control while trying to think clearly through the different possible scenarios between this job and my preferred one at the middle school. UGH! It will be such a relief to get this all settled so we can move on to our next goals!

Sounds like a great last day :goodvibes Wish we were still going to be there that night, so I could pop over and meet MeMom too!

I'm so excited to meet her! She's like Dis royalty :upsidedow Do you leave Saturday afternoon?

SoonerGirl
04-28-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm so excited to meet her! She's like Dis royalty :upsidedow Do you leave Saturday afternoon?

Yep, we didn't want to get home too late so our flight leaves at 3:15, with a probable ME pick up around noon.

Oh my gosh, Katie!! In just a few hours we can say we leave in 2 days!!!!!! :dance3: How are the preparations coming?

kcandbella
04-28-2010, 08:06 PM
We will probably MK it that day, too! And stay until the last possible second...our plane doesn't leave until 2:00 Sunday so plenty of time to sleep in!

MHTeacher
04-28-2010, 10:35 PM
The Wishes dessert party sounds like fun---and even more fun is a DIS meet with MeMom and Jill! :banana:

kschafer
04-29-2010, 06:41 AM
Yep, we didn't want to get home too late so our flight leaves at 3:15, with a probable ME pick up around noon.

Oh my gosh, Katie!! In just a few hours we can say we leave in 2 days!!!!!! :dance3: How are the preparations coming?

That's right...did you decide what you want to do that last morning or are you just going to wait and see what you feel like?

I got my packing mostly done yesterday. Today I'm going to some pampering so it's done for tomorrows interview. that just leaves a few odds and ends to take care of. How are you coming?

We will probably MK it that day, too! And stay until the last possible second...our plane doesn't leave until 2:00 Sunday so plenty of time to sleep in!

I'll keep an eye out to say Hi!

The Wishes dessert party sounds like fun---and even more fun is a DIS meet with MeMom and Jill! :banana:

I'm so excited! It will make the last night blues better I think

Dizneydawn
04-29-2010, 06:53 AM
Hey girl! Have a great time! So excited to read all about it when you get back! :)

SoonerGirl
04-29-2010, 07:11 AM
That's right...did you decide what you want to do that last morning or are you just going to wait and see what you feel like?

I got my packing mostly done yesterday. Today I'm going to some pampering so it's done for tomorrows interview. that just leaves a few odds and ends to take care of. How are you coming?

We're just going to wait and see what we feel like doing at the time.

I'm pretty much the same as you. Got everything packed yesterday except last minute stuff, got my hair done too. Today and tomorrow will just be organizing paperwork, charging electronics, going to the bank, stuff like that. I'm ready!!!

MeMom
04-29-2010, 10:31 AM

Come on to Tony's, then! Meet us on the porch after Wishes. :)

jenjolt
04-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Good Luck on your interview tomorrow! I know you'll knock them dead!!!

kcandbella
04-29-2010, 11:50 AM

I may just have to do that! It would be a great way to end the trip!!!

kschafer
04-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Hey girl! Have a great time! So excited to read all about it when you get back! :)

Hey Dawn! It's about time you showed up ;)

We're just going to wait and see what we feel like doing at the time.

I'm pretty much the same as you. Got everything packed yesterday except last minute stuff, got my hair done too. Today and tomorrow will just be organizing paperwork, charging electronics, going to the bank, stuff like that. I'm ready!!!

Sounds like a good last day plan! Just some odds and ends to take care of but really...I'm just ready to go! I may start counting the hours :idea: 47.25 :lmao:

I may just have to do that! It would be a great way to end the trip!!!

:thumbsup2

Good Luck on your interview tomorrow! I know you'll knock them dead!!!

Thanks Jen :goodvibes

Happy Elf
04-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Good Luck at your interview!

Excited for your trip! Have a fabulous time!

Charleston Princess
04-29-2010, 08:17 PM
An interview and a Disney trip all in the next two days! Wow! Good luck tomorrow, and afterwards, if someone asks you, "Now that you have interviewed, what are you going to do?" you can say, "I'm going to Disney World!" :rotfl:

2xcited2sleep
04-29-2010, 08:23 PM
An interview and a Disney trip all in the next two days! Wow! Good luck tomorrow, and afterwards, if someone asks you, "Now that you have interviewed, what are you going to do?" you can say, "I'm going to Disney World!" :rotfl:

Love it!! :upsidedow Good luck tomorrow. Say hi to Mickey for me. And Pluto. Goofy too. Oh and Chip and Dale if you see them. Oh boy, can't forget Tigger... you get the point.

Have a great time!!!! :goodvibes

Roxychica7
04-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Aw Katie I'm so excited for you!! I hope your interview was awesome and make sure you have a great trip!! :wizard:We'll all be thinking about you and looking forward to hearing about allll the fun you'll have! :goodvibes

kschafer
04-30-2010, 02:25 AM
Good Luck at your interview!

Excited for your trip! Have a fabulous time!

Thanks Janell! I'm feeling a bit stressed right now but I intend to go and have a fabulous time!!

:rotfl: LOVE IT!!!! :thumbsup2

When it rains it pours I guess!

Love it!! :upsidedow Good luck tomorrow. Say hi to Mickey for me. And Pluto. Goofy too. Oh and Chip and Dale if you see them. Oh boy, can't forget Tigger... you get the point.

Have a great time!!!! :goodvibes

DANG! I forgot to make that "C says Hi" t-shirt ;)

Aw Katie I'm so excited for you!! I hope your interview was awesome and make sure you have a great trip!! :wizard:We'll all be thinking about you and looking forward to hearing about allll the fun you'll have! :goodvibes

Thanks Jess :goodvibes