PDA

View Full Version : Anyone booked a UK hotel to sleep in the day?

RobinHood's merrymen
11-17-2009, 03:20 PM
We are landing at Gatwick at about 9AM after being up over 24 hours and then a 3 hour drive home. The last time we did this we were coming home from our honeymoon and I nearly fell asleep at the wheel :scared1::scared1::scared1:
Now with 2 DDs I will not be so mad!! Do hotels allow you to check in during the day for a kip? Was thinking something like a Premier Lodge or similar.

mikki.young
11-17-2009, 04:01 PM
The gatwick hilton does it but it is pricy (they have specific day rates). I did it at a travelodge but it is outside of their rules and I had to book 2 nights and have the worry of whether the room would actually be available. It worked out in the end and it was cheaper but I don't think I would do it again.

Becx N Gav
11-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Have you looked at Yotel? I know they allow you to book a 'room' (they're not like a normal hotel - have a look at the site) for a certain number of hours. We have never tried it but I might look into it for the night before our flight next year.

https://www.yotel.com/

Neoshoegal
11-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Another vote for Yotel. We spent the night there before our flight and would really recommend it.
You do need to book for a minimum of 4 hours. But getting a shower and taking a nap before driving home is so worth it!