PDA

View Full Version : Disney Gift Cards/Disney Dollars

Irish Goofy
11-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Hi All
Hope somebody can help me out.Am looking to purchase some gift cards/disney dollars for Christmas for the kids for them to use on next years hols.:cool1::cool1:Have tried to purchase on Disney Store Website but they will not ship to outside of USA.:confused3:confused3Have also tried UK website but it doesn't do gift cards.:confused3:confused3As i live in Ireland we do not have any Disney Stores that i can go to so has anybody any suggestions or should i just forget about it.Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give.

wayneg
11-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Unfortunately the only way to get them is if a friend or family is visiting the US before you and ask them to pick some up for you.

Irish Goofy
11-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks Wayneg for your reply.Afraid i will have to forget that idea :idea:for Christmas as don't know anybody heading over and back before Christmas.:sad2:Will have to try and think of something else to do instead.Thanks for your help:thumbsup2

2Tiggies
11-17-2009, 09:37 AM
How old are your kids and how many do you have? I know this sounds irrelevant, but there is usually a creative way to solve a problem. :goodvibes

Irish Goofy
11-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Have 2 kids,aged 9 and 10.Was hoping to give them a gift card each with maybe $50 or $100 on it so that when they got to WDW they wouldn't have to carry cash on them etc.Also thought with giving it to them for Xmas instead of dollars it would get them into the build up to the hols as they could be planning on what sounviers etc that they would be buying themselves or what to spend it on.Also liked the idea of nice gift card with their favourite character on it as a stocking filler etc.

Shazzie B
11-17-2009, 03:35 PM
You could make them 'vouchers'. This might be safer any-way i.e you carry the cash-but they can carry their vouchers and 'spend' them when they like -especially if you do some different demoninations for them. I found it an excellent way to 'control' spending and cut down on 'Mum can I have this' when they were younger.

Can't see them specifically on this web-site but it may give you some ideas
http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads.shtml#kids

2Tiggies
11-18-2009, 04:57 AM
You could make them 'vouchers'. This might be safer any-way i.e you carry the cash-but they can carry their vouchers and 'spend' them when they like -especially if you do some different demoninations for them. I found it an excellent way to 'control' spending and cut down on 'Mum can I have this' when they were younger.

Shazzie B, you beat me to it! That was the reason I asked the ages of the children. Obviously if they are too young they won't really understand the whole concept of it - at least not fully enough for full enjoyment.

My DD is now 7 and this works very well at present. I wholeheartedly agree on it helping them exercise a bit of thought before spending as suddenly they are learning to work within a budget. Also, if you give them “home made vouchers” and they get lost or ruined, it isn’t the end of the world. The different denominations idea is also great, especially if you use denominations of US currency. That way they can trade you the voucher for the cash and if they each have their own little change purse, they can keep the coins in there so that they feel like they have their own money on them as well. It gives them a sense of control and responsibility over their spending and definitely calms the hype caused by sight of all the must haves … Personally, I think they have greater freedom this way. Honestly, if my DD had a gift card or Disney Dollars, I would want to carry them with me. At least if they have no actual value, they can have the satisfaction of keeping their own “vouchers” on them if they so choose.

Irish Goofy
11-19-2009, 09:16 AM

Thanks Shazzie B :worship:for the great idea.Sorry about delay in my response,work is mad busy..:rolleyes1Think your idea is great and will surely help in the control of their spending and as you said if they lose the vouchers no big problem unlike if they lost their gift card/Dollors.Great idea.Thanks again for your advice.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

natalielongstaff
11-19-2009, 10:07 AM

What a fab idea :thumbsup2

penlanspice
11-19-2009, 12:43 PM
You can now buy disney gift cards from the US disney site.

Sam

aaronandterri
11-19-2009, 02:45 PM
ive bought giftcards online before