PDA

View Full Version : SOOZE I just can't wait! Anniversary Trip with DH only! Itinerary Posted p.2 #30

Sooze
11-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi everyone! And welcome to my very BRIEF PTR!:cool1:

My DH, Matt and I (Susie) will be heading to the World TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!!! We will be celebrating our 12th anniversary (which is actually one week from today) by spending 3 fabulous nights at SSR in a studio.

For those of you who don't know me, DH and I live west of Indianapolis. He is a band director at Avon High School (and for anyone who follows marching band, they just won their 2nd Grand National Championship in a row last night!!). I am a 4th grade teacher in Indianapolis. We have two amazing children. Tyson is 9, Shaelyn is 3. You won't be hearing too much about them on this trip, because THEY AREN'T GOING!
:confused::confused:

What? What's that you ask? HOW could we possibly go to Disney without our 'amazing' children?:confused3

EASILY!!:lmao:

We are DVC members, and we take at least 2 trips a year. One trip is our designated family trip. These usually last 5-8 days and they are ALL about our children. We let them dictate what we do, where we eat, and when we just hang out at the pool. Then, there is our adults-only trip, where Matt and I spend hours just sitting and watching and soaking in the atmosphere. We eat at our favorite restaurants, and take as long as we want. We watch street performers, shows, and Voices of Liberty AT LEAST 5 times. We stake out spots for fireworks 2 hours ahead of time. We sleep in. We RELAX. And we don't feel guilty, because we know our kids will be back in charge the next time we go. We remind them OFTEN how fortunate and blessed we are as a family that we can visit our favorite place in the world each year. It's all good!

If you're new to my TRs, please feel free to click on any trip in my signature that is underlined. That will take you to the trip report. You can have more information about us than you'll ever need! ENJOY!

But in the meantime, let's get this party started!

I've decided that I was going to create a daily update in which I share with you all the things I just CAN'T WAIT to see or do. So here we go!!

14 Days to Disney...

I can't wait to see the castle lit up for Christmas for the first time in person:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s195/bunnabows/Disney/IMG_0230.jpg

Matt and I plan on spending the evening in Magic Kingdom on our 2nd night. I just can't wait to watch the castle light up in this magical way. We will sit on the curb on Main Street with a Diet Coke and maybe something sweet from the Confectionery..... :banana:

wdwgirl03
11-15-2009, 12:28 PM
So jealous you are going so soon. The castle dream lights are amazing. Really, no pictures can do it justice. It's so much better in person!

Sooze
11-15-2009, 03:08 PM
So jealous you are going so soon. The castle dream lights are amazing. Really, no pictures can do it justice. It's so much better in person!

:wave2: Hi there! Glad you stopped in! I can't imagine the lights being any more beautiful than they are in pictures. Now you have me even MORE excited to see it myself!!

CW4DW
11-15-2009, 06:09 PM
I came over from your other trip report and can't wait to hear all about this adventure. My DH and I are going in 25 days - and will be staying for 14 days; we can't wait and are looking forward to it being more relaxing than normal. We will be checking out the DVC ourselves this trip - to see if we want to take that step! Can't wait for more...

And the castle all lit up with Christmas is breathtaking! That is the reason we are going around that time also!!!! Christmas is my favorite!

wigdoutdismom
11-15-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm in!! Going back to see what's up!

Blueyed Girl
11-15-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm here!! Can't wait to read all about your grown up trip. :thumbsup2

bballdiva
11-15-2009, 06:59 PM
:yay:

Sooze
11-15-2009, 07:32 PM
I came over from your other trip report and can't wait to hear all about this adventure. My DH and I are going in 25 days - and will be staying for 14 days; we can't wait and are looking forward to it being more relaxing than normal. We will be checking out the DVC ourselves this trip - to see if we want to take that step! Can't wait for more...

And the castle all lit up with Christmas is breathtaking! That is the reason we are going around that time also!!!! Christmas is my favorite!

Welcome back!! I can't believe you and your DH are going for 14 days!!:dance3: How AMAZING will that be?!?! You are going to be in heaven. Have a wonderful time at your DVC info meeting. I'll be interested to see if you take the plunge! If you need a great DVC guide, ask for Susie Farnsworth. She was ours, and she was great!

I'm in!! Going back to see what's up!

Yay! Glad you're hanging around for another one!

I'm here!! Can't wait to read all about your grown up trip. :thumbsup2

Hey Bluuuuueee!! Welcome!

:yay:

:yay::yay::yay: Happy to have you along! :yay::yay::yay:

micandminforever
11-15-2009, 08:11 PM
The Voices of Liberty are wonderful at Christmas.

Sooze
11-16-2009, 06:07 AM
The Voices of Liberty are wonderful at Christmas.

I know they wear holiday-style clothing, but do they sing different tunes, too?!?! :confused3

micandminforever
11-16-2009, 04:26 PM
I know they wear holiday-style clothing, but do they sing different tunes, too?!?! :confused3

Yes Christmas tunes. Are you planning to do the Candlelight Processional? It is my favorite of all the Christmas shows. I love all of EPCOT at Christmas, be sure to visit the different traditions of Christmas, in the different countries.

Sooze
11-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Yes Christmas tunes. Are you planning to do the Candlelight Processional? It is my favorite of all the Christmas shows. I love all of EPCOT at Christmas, be sure to visit the different traditions of Christmas, in the different countries.

Oh my gosh... that makes me salivate.. seriously! We LOVE VoL, and it will be such a breath of fresh air to hear them do some different tunes. Thanks for the heads up!

Yes, we are doing Candlelight processional (see today's post!!) I'll be posting an itinerary soon....

Sooze
11-16-2009, 05:44 PM
13 Days Til Disney

I can't wait to see John O'Hurley host the Candlelight Processional!

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc88/ohiomathtchr/Nonsport%20autoed%208x10s%20and%20books%20NFT/ohurley.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/melissalangworth/Disney%20Trip/DisneyTrip2006381.jpg

We have ADRs for dinner at Le Chefs de France with the Candlelight Processional package. So we'll have 'reserved seating' at the show. We have NEVER seen this before. Hoping it gets us in the holiday mood!!

jordanyosh
11-16-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm here.

Yay! Alone time!

and so soon.....:thumbsup2

Sooze
11-16-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm here.

Yay! Alone time!

and so soon.....:thumbsup2

:banana:Yay! You're here! And YAY for alone time so soon!! We can't stop thinking about it!!

CW4DW
11-16-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm going to have to check out the candlelight processional... I think it would be great to do and something that would be a first for me and my DH...

Sooze
11-16-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm going to have to check out the candlelight processional... I think it would be great to do and something that would be a first for me and my DH...

When are you heading down? I would be happy to let you know how it is... although I've only read very positive comments about it!

I see you are a POR lover! We stayed there on an adults-only trip and absolutely fell in love with that place!!

Sooze
11-17-2009, 08:30 PM
12 Days Til Disney

I can't wait to eat Tonga Toast at Kona!!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o27/puff0518/kona.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q225/nicsgtp/Disney007-3.jpg

Don't forget the coffee! Probably the only time I'll have a good cup!

wigdoutdismom
11-17-2009, 08:33 PM
OHHHHH, YUM to the tonga!

jordanyosh
11-17-2009, 08:35 PM
12 Days Til Disney

I can't wait to eat Tonga Toast at Kona!!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o27/puff0518/kona.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q225/nicsgtp/Disney007-3.jpg

Don't forget the coffee! Probably the only time I'll have a good cup!

That just looks too good. I have yet to get to Kona...

Disneyland_Mama
11-17-2009, 09:19 PM
I could totally be writing this PTR, BECAUSE we're doing the same thing! :banana: An adults only, Anniversary trip in 1 month and 3 weeks!

Oh wait. "Hi!" :wave:

Hope you have a great time! Can't wait to read all about it! popcorn::

Sooze
11-18-2009, 06:04 AM
OHHHHH, YUM to the tonga!

::yes::::yes::::yes::
That just looks too good. I have yet to get to Kona...
:eek: Now I have to get back over to your PTR and make sure there's a Kona reservation on there somewhere. Sure hope you get to go!!

I could totally be writing this PTR, BECAUSE we're doing the same thing! :banana: An adults only, Anniversary trip in 1 month and 3 weeks!

Oh wait. "Hi!" :wave:

Hope you have a great time! Can't wait to read all about it! popcorn::

:dance3: How cool is that?! Hopefully I'll have a few updates done before you leave, so you can get even more excited about it! Thanks for jumping on board!

Sooze
11-18-2009, 05:16 PM
11 Days Til Disney

I can't wait to sit on a bench and soak up the Streetmosphere!!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/sooze73/09%20Disney%20Mini%20Marathon/P1030056.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/sooze73/09%20Disney%20Mini%20Marathon/P1030058.jpg

Hoping to see some new folks in DHS that we haven't had time to sit and enjoy before. Anyone you recommend?

jordanyosh
11-18-2009, 10:02 PM
I've never watched a Streetmosphere show either.

Sooze
11-19-2009, 05:50 AM
I've never watched a Streetmosphere show either.

The first time I did was last year on our adults-only trip. Even then, DH got anxious and wanted to move on after about 20 minutes. Not this time! I am watching it ALL!!!

Sooze
11-19-2009, 05:31 PM
10 Days Til Disney

I can't wait to find the perfect spot to watch Wishes

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/MeganEGW/Disney%20World%202007/P1000354.jpg

And I won't have to worry about my preschooler freaking out, screaming, holding her ears, and making me dodge into a gift shop to avoid the loud booming!:rotfl:

Sooze
11-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Tomorrow I'll be able to start checking the 10-day forecast!! Can't wait to see how the weather will shape up!

Sooze
11-21-2009, 07:34 PM
9 Days Til Disney

I can't wait to sit in the hot tub at SSR!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Saratoga-Springs/images/High-Rock-Spring-Pool_14.jpg

Sooze
11-21-2009, 07:38 PM
8 Days Til Disney!

I can't wait to see Voices of Liberty several times, and hear them sing songs of Yuletide!

http://albums.mouseplanet.com/WDWEpcotAmericanAdventureProcessed/holidayvoices.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/virgo10/Mousefest%20December%2011%202004/voicesoflibertya.jpg

Sooze
11-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Sun
Nov 29

Mostly Sunny
0%

Mon
Nov 30

Mostly Cloudy
20%

This is our forecast so far! Let's see how much it changes over the next week!

Here is our itinerary! Enjoy!

Sunday, November 29

Depart Indy 6am on AirTran w/ stop in Atlanta
Arrive Orlando by 11 am!

Pick up rental car

Arrive at SSR and check in

AFTERNOON AT DHS:

American Idol Show
Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania
Rock n' Roller Coaster
Animation Class
Walt: One Man's Dream
Watch Streetmosphere and soak it in!

NIGHT AT EPCOT for ILLUMINATIONS!

Monday, November 30

9:40 Breakfast at Kona (TONGA TOAST!)

Morning at DTD-Christmas shopping and anniversary gifts?!

AFTERNOON/EVENING/EMH at MK:

Hall of Presidents (See Obama!)
Philharmagic
Monsters, Inc Laugh Floor
Pirates
Space Mountain, if it's open yet
Buzz LY Battle!! (He's goin' down!)
Lots and lots of benches/people watching!
SEE WISHES AND THE BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS CASTLE!!

Tuesday, December 1

MORNING AT EPCOT:

Soarin'
Test Track
Mission: Space
Spaceship Earth
Innoventions (Sum of all Thrills!)
VOICES OF LIBERTY.... again and again and again!
People watching in every country!

12:00 Lunch at San Angel Inn

5:10 Dinner at Le Chefs de France

8:15 Candlelight Processional

9:30 Illuminations

Wednesday, December 2

MORNING AT AK:

Expedition Everest
Finding Nemo: The Musical
Festival of the Lion King
Sitting on benches and soaking in every last moment...

Leave the Happiest Place on Earth to drop off Rental Car.

DIRECT FLIGHT home departing at 8:15 and arriving in Indy at 10:30pm

Thursday, December 3

DRRRRRAAAGGGGIING our tired butts to school. Ugh....:sad2:

How's it look?!

wigdoutdismom
11-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Sun
Nov 29

Mostly Sunny
0%

Mon
Nov 30

Mostly Cloudy
20%

This is our forecast so far! Let's see how much it changes over the next week!

Here is our itinerary! Enjoy!

Sunday, November 29

Depart Indy 6am on AirTran w/ stop in Atlanta
Arrive Orlando by 11 am!

Pick up rental car

Arrive at SSR and check in

AFTERNOON AT DHS:

American Idol Show
Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania
Rock n' Roller Coaster
Animation Class
Walt: One Man's Dream
Watch Streetmosphere and soak it in!

NIGHT AT EPCOT for ILLUMINATIONS!

Monday, November 30

9:40 Breakfast at Kona (TONGA TOAST!)

Morning at DTD-Christmas shopping and anniversary gifts?!

AFTERNOON/EVENING/EMH at MK:

Hall of Presidents (See Obama!)
Philharmagic
Monsters, Inc Laugh Floor
Pirates
Space Mountain, if it's open yet
Buzz LY Battle!! (He's goin' down!)
Lots and lots of benches/people watching!
SEE WISHES AND THE BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS CASTLE!!

Tuesday, December 1

MORNING AT EPCOT:

Soarin'
Test Track
Mission: Space
Spaceship Earth
Innoventions (Sum of all Thrills!)
VOICES OF LIBERTY.... again and again and again!
People watching in every country!

12:00 Lunch at San Angel Inn

5:10 Dinner at Le Chefs de France

8:15 Candlelight Processional

9:30 Illuminations

Wednesday, December 2

MORNING AT AK:

Expedition Everest
Finding Nemo: The Musical
Festival of the Lion King
Sitting on benches and soaking in every last moment...

Leave the Happiest Place on Earth to drop off Rental Car.

DIRECT FLIGHT home departing at 8:15 and arriving in Indy at 10:30pm

Thursday, December 3

DRRRRRAAAGGGGIING our tired butts to school. Ugh....:sad2:

How's it look?!

Sooze, I think it looks awesome! Well, except for the dragging of you tired butts to school. That looks yuck!
I can't wait to see how your weather forecast looks!

Sooze
11-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Sooze, I think it looks awesome! Well, except for the dragging of you tired butts to school. That looks yuck!
I can't wait to see how your weather forecast looks!

I know, right? Why do I even torture myself thinking about having to go back to school that morning?!?! At least I'll only have to face a two-day week!:thumbsup2

wigdoutdismom
11-21-2009, 08:56 PM
So do you have to do 3 days of lesson plans?

Sooze
11-21-2009, 09:00 PM
So do you have to do 3 days of lesson plans?

YES! Ugh! I plan on spending Friday of Thanksgiving break at school, getting everything printed, labeled, organized, and filed for the sub! Then, I'll be able to relax, pack, get the kids situated, and NOT SLEEP on Saturday! I'll just be too excited to sleep.... you know how it goes!;)

wigdoutdismom
11-21-2009, 09:14 PM
YES! Ugh! I plan on spending Friday of Thanksgiving break at school, getting everything printed, labeled, organized, and filed for the sub! Then, I'll be able to relax, pack, get the kids situated, and NOT SLEEP on Saturday! I'll just be too excited to sleep.... you know how it goes!;)

I just hate to have a sub, they can't use our smartboards and that's all I teach from. I'm not sure my kids would know what to think of the old fashioned out of the book using an overhead projector style of teaching....lol

Sooze
11-21-2009, 09:20 PM
I just hate to have a sub, they can't use our smartboards and that's all I teach from. I'm not sure my kids would know what to think of the old fashioned out of the book using an overhead projector style of teaching....lol

Smartboards?!?! SOOOOO Jealous!! We consider our overhead projectors pretty hi-tech! Sad, I know!

wigdoutdismom
11-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Smartboards?!?! SOOOOO Jealous!! We consider our overhead projectors pretty hi-tech! Sad, I know!

Smartboards are the happening thing in our district! How many years until they are outdated though....
I see that you teach 4th. I did too until I moved to 2nd this year.

Sooze
11-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Smartboards are the happening thing in our district! How many years until they are outdated though....
I see that you teach 4th. I did too until I moved to 2nd this year.

How funny! I taught 2nd for 9 years! Then 3rd for 2. And I finally graduated to 4th this year. I'M LOVING IT!!!

Thanks for chatting this evening! Off to bed! Good night!

Sooze
11-22-2009, 08:59 PM
7 Days Til Disney!

I can't wait to shop for Christmas items for our home!

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/gtown07ali/Ali%20wants%20for%20Christmas/aliwant7Disneystore24.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/kcsoldbluechair/DISNEY%202008/DISNEY2008504.jpg

We plan on visiting DTD on Monday late morning. Hoping to find a new tree skirt and tree topper! Also hoping to find NO CROWDS at that time. We shall see!

wigdoutdismom
11-22-2009, 10:06 PM
I just love those ornaments!

micandminforever
11-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Be sure to take pictures of the different ornaments and the tree topper and tree skirt you pick out. The Christmas store is my favorite store to visit at DTD.

jordanyosh
11-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Itinerary looks good!

Packed, but good.

prncssmel
11-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Your itinerary looks great. We are going to WDW for our anniversary next year, and I can't wait. And your pics of Kona are making me think that I have to actually eat there one of these times.

Funny thing - DH glances over my shoulder as I was reading and saw Avon High and starts telling me how amazing their band is. He was in marching band in high school, and they took 12th at Nationals (American Fork). It is totally one of great moments of his life. I am glad to know there are other band geeks on here. ;)

Sooze
11-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Sun
Nov 29

Sunny
0%

Mon
Nov 30

Partly Cloudy
10%

Tue
Dec 1

Scattered T-Storms
60%

Wed
Dec 2

Scattered Showers
60%

Not liking the T-storms and showers... along with the 60% chances. Sure hope that changes as the week goes on. Although, I can't really complain... it's going to be a high of 46 in Indy the day we leave!:rolleyes:

6 Days Til Disney

I can't wait to see my two favorite shows: Finding Nemo: The Musical and Festival of the Lion King!

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk82/SnapperJohn/Florida16.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii172/Monorail1/IMG_5963.jpg

And since we are sans children, we can arrive super early and get great seats!

Sooze
11-23-2009, 06:21 PM
I just love those ornaments!

Aren't they neat?! I just found them on Photobucket! I haven't been in the DTD Christmas store in years! Hoping to find some fun treasures!

Be sure to take pictures of the different ornaments and the tree topper and tree skirt you pick out. The Christmas store is my favorite store to visit at DTD.

Absolutely! Will do!

Itinerary looks good!

Packed, but good.

Yeah... the bad thing about doing a quickie... you gotta cram everything in that you can. We plan on taking our time, tho. If we don't get to everything, not a big deal!:thumbsup2

Your itinerary looks great. We are going to WDW for our anniversary next year, and I can't wait. And your pics of Kona are making me think that I have to actually eat there one of these times.

Funny thing - DH glances over my shoulder as I was reading and saw Avon High and starts telling me how amazing their band is. He was in marching band in high school, and they took 12th at Nationals (American Fork). It is totally one of great moments of his life. I am glad to know there are other band geeks on here. ;)

I just love anniversary trips... they are so magical! Will you be doing a trip report? The last time we were at Kona, we had a delicious breakfast. I got the Tonga Toast, and DH did steak and eggs. Here's a link to that episode of my TR, in case you want to check it out:

Kona Breakfast Episode (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24204435&postcount=545)

American Fork was at Grand Nationals again this year. Did you hear about the bus accident they had? We couldn't believe they raised the funds to travel to Indy in 2 or 3 days so that they could perform in honor of the staff member that was killed. The whole crowd was pulling for them!

Thanks for jumping on board!

prncssmel
11-24-2009, 12:32 PM
I just love anniversary trips... they are so magical! Will you be doing a trip report? The last time we were at Kona, we had a delicious breakfast. I got the Tonga Toast, and DH did steak and eggs. Here's a link to that episode of my TR, in case you want to check it out:

Kona Breakfast Episode (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24204435&postcount=545)

American Fork was at Grand Nationals again this year. Did you hear about the bus accident they had? We couldn't believe they raised the funds to travel to Indy in 2 or 3 days so that they could perform in honor of the staff member that was killed. The whole crowd was pulling for them!

Thanks for jumping on board!

Thanks for the link - the Tonga toast looks phenomenal. I think we are definitely going to try it out this time. As for a trip report, I am hoping to do one, but I am like the queen of unfinished trip reports. Maybe I can actually do one and finish it this time.

DH and I are both from American Fork actually. (Yeah, we went to high school together but didn't meet until years later.) My cousin actually plays in the band now, and DH knew Heather that was killed in the accident. And I grew up about 2 block from the band director and was friends with his kids, so we are still pretty tight with all the band stuff. It really was just the most amazing thing, watching them raise the money. Everyone was shocked because people were just walking into the school and dropping off whatever they could give.

Anyway, congrats to your hubby and back to your PTR.

Sooze
11-24-2009, 06:08 PM
5 Days Til Disney!

I can't wait to watch an entire show from the Fountain of Nations in Epcot!
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/lbl1234567/DisneyTrip1/DisneyTrip2/DisneyTrip3/DisneyTrip4/2-3-2008-249.jpg

Matt and I have always wanted to do this, but on our last adults-only trip, the fountain was closed for rehab. So we are ready this time!!

jordanyosh
11-24-2009, 07:17 PM
I didn't even know there was a show there....maybe I did, but I haven't seen a whole show either.

Sooze
11-25-2009, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the link - the Tonga toast looks phenomenal. I think we are definitely going to try it out this time. As for a trip report, I am hoping to do one, but I am like the queen of unfinished trip reports. Maybe I can actually do one and finish it this time.

DH and I are both from American Fork actually. (Yeah, we went to high school together but didn't meet until years later.) My cousin actually plays in the band now, and DH knew Heather that was killed in the accident. And I grew up about 2 block from the band director and was friends with his kids, so we are still pretty tight with all the band stuff. It really was just the most amazing thing, watching them raise the money. Everyone was shocked because people were just walking into the school and dropping off whatever they could give.

Anyway, congrats to your hubby and back to your PTR.
Ha ha! I jumped over and checked out your never-ending TR. How funny. By the way, the wedding pictures were stunning, I just LOVED your cake! I'll try to get back over there and make some comments soon!

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss in your community. That is every band parent's nightmare... to have a bus wreck with those precious kids and staff on board. So glad the band was able to make the trip to Indy!

I didn't even know there was a show there....maybe I did, but I haven't seen a whole show either.
Every once in a while, you'll hear loud, more symphonic music playing near the fountain/ Innoventions area. If you hear that, stop and look at the fountain. It is actually dancing to the music! Enjoy!!

Sooze
11-25-2009, 06:20 AM
4 Days Til Disney!!

I can't wait to cuddle with my husband (of 12 years) and watch our most favorite fireworks display ever.. ILLUMINATIONS!!!
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/db8mommy/P1020047.jpg

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv209/PearlySwan/P1100463.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh75/alexriehle/Jan2009%20Disney%20Trip/DSC01692.jpg

This last picture is my favorite part, BTW. I just love how it lights up the sky so it feels like a different time of day... and the music pumping behind it... ahhhh!!:cloud9:

jordanyosh
11-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Hope you have a great time at Illuminations. Aren't you going to try and catch it more than once?

Sooze
11-26-2009, 06:48 AM
Hope you have a great time at Illuminations. Aren't you going to try and catch it more than once?

Yes! We are hoping to bookend our trip with it, seeing it on the first and last night. Hope the weather cooperates!:rolleyes:

Sooze
11-26-2009, 06:53 AM
3 Days Til Disney!

I can't wait to drive our rental car under this sign, and get giddy with excitement that we are actually here!!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/sooze73/09%20Disney%20Summer/P1040461.jpg
Here's an updated weather forecast:
Sun
Nov 29

Mostly Sunny
0%

Mon
Nov 30

Mostly Cloudy
10%

Tue
Dec 1

Isolated T-Storms
30%

Wed
Dec 2

Scattered T-Storms
40%

Looks like the %chance of rain is going down. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

micandminforever
11-26-2009, 07:16 AM
Sending good weather pixie dust your way. Remember this time of the year Illuminations is at 9:30.

Sooze
11-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Sending good weather pixie dust your way. Remember this time of the year Illuminations is at 9:30.

Thanks! The forecast gets better every time I check! And thanks for the reminder about the 9:30 time. We DO have that in our itinerary, but when you're so used to the 9:00 slot, it's easy to forget!

Sooze
11-27-2009, 05:29 PM
2 Days Til Disney!!

I can't wait to eat chips and salsa while looking out over the Aztec pyramid and Mexico boat ride!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/sooze73/09%20Disney%20Mini%20Marathon/P1030128.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/sooze73/09%20Disney%20Mini%20Marathon/P1030121.jpg

Updated weather:
Sun
Nov 29

Partly Cloudy
10%

Mon
Nov 30

Mostly Cloudy
10%

Tue
Dec 1

Mostly Cloudy
20%

Wed
Dec 2

Isolated T-Storms
30%

Gettin' better every day!!

I watched the Space Shuttle land this morning on the NASA channel. As they showed the Florida landscape with those famous central FL trees, I couldn't help but get a bit giddy, knowing I'd be flying over those very trees THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!!!:dance3:

CW4DW
11-27-2009, 06:15 PM
WOW - I am so jealous... 2 days!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no rain for y'all. Hope you both have a great time being just adults!

jordanyosh
11-27-2009, 07:34 PM
can't wait to hear about your trip..:thumbsup2

wigdoutdismom
11-28-2009, 12:07 AM
The weather forecast is looking great!
You are going to have soooo much fun in just 1 more day! :yay::yay:

Sooze
11-28-2009, 11:44 AM
WOW - I am so jealous... 2 days!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no rain for y'all. Hope you both have a great time being just adults!

Don't be jealous! You'll be there soon enough! ;) Thanks for the no-rain hopes.. it's looking like we'll get some for sure on our last day. That's our Animal Kingdom day, which is fine because we'll be watching indoor shows most of the time!:thumbsup2

can't wait to hear about your trip..:thumbsup2

Can't wait to share it with you! I'm hoping to do some live updates... so stay tuned!

The weather forecast is looking great!
You are going to have soooo much fun in just 1 more day! :yay::yay:

So far, so good!! We might get a bit of rain, but it's okay with us! Rain in Disney is better than sun at home....:rolleyes:

jordanyosh
11-28-2009, 11:58 AM
yay for live updates:thumbsup2 Understand if you don't though.

Sooze
11-28-2009, 08:02 PM
yay for live updates:thumbsup2 Understand if you don't though.

I'm not going to stress about it, for sure... but I do love to read other folks' TRs when they are live... so I'll try!

jordanyosh
11-28-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm not going to stress about it, for sure... but I do love to read other folks' TRs when they are live... so I'll try!

cool!:thumbsup2

Sooze
11-28-2009, 08:06 PM
1 Day Til Disney!!!

I can't wait to see the Osborne Family Lights live and in person for the first time ever!!

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p196/Maz2468/Disney%202007%20Pics/IMG_3776.jpg

One last weather update:
Sun
Nov 29

Partly Cloudy
10%

Mon
Nov 30

Partly Cloudy
10%

Tue
Dec 1

Mostly Cloudy
20%

Wed
Dec 2

Scattered T-Storms
40%

The only day with serious chances of rain is the day we leave. We are hoping to be at AK that day watching Nemo and FotLK, so hopefully it won't impact us to much!

I'll be chatting with y'all from the airport tomorrow morning! Good night!!:yay:

jordanyosh
11-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Safe journeys.

wigdoutdismom
11-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Almost time to go! Have a magical trip!

Sooze
11-29-2009, 04:26 AM
Safe journeys.

Almost time to go! Have a magical trip!

Thank you both so much! We are here at the airport and ready to go!!!!

Sooze
11-29-2009, 04:38 AM
Hey guys... I started a LIVE report ... here's the link! Thanks for counting down with me!

SOOZE's Yuletide Fun Adults-Only Trip- LIVE!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34499473&posted=1#post34499473)

timandlesley
11-29-2009, 07:20 AM
Hi Sooze!!! I'm so sorry I'm so late to this party!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the forecast for your trip, (a little jealous i'm not gonna lie especially since Tim will be there in less than 2 weeks too). Excited for you guys to experience your own trip of firsts. I have always wanted to see the Osborne Lights, looks AMAZING, take lots of photos for us and have a GREAT TIME!!!
Lesley

Blueyed Girl
11-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Hey guys... I started a LIVE report ... here's the link! Thanks for counting down with me!

SOOZE's Yuletide Fun Adults-Only Trip- LIVE!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34499473&posted=1#post34499473)

YAY!!!! On my way over.

prncssmel
12-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Ha ha! I jumped over and checked out your never-ending TR. How funny. By the way, the wedding pictures were stunning, I just LOVED your cake! I'll try to get back over there and make some comments soon!

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss in your community. That is every band parent's nightmare... to have a bus wreck with those precious kids and staff on board. So glad the band was able to make the trip to Indy!

Thanks - you're so sweet. I wanted an elegant, simple cake, and our cake designer was fabulous.

On my way over - just a few days late.