PDA

View Full Version : shuttle launch price

macewindu
11-15-2009, 05:58 AM
What is the price for a seat to watch a shuttle launch from KSC is there a diffrence between child and grown up???

orangetiggs
11-15-2009, 07:54 AM
we went to titusville and didnt have to pay, got a great view straight across the water

thehails
11-19-2009, 06:04 AM
Just be aware that if you book tickets for a launch and then if it is cancelled, the tickets are just transfered to the new date - they will not refund the ticket prices.

We had hoped to see the launch in February 09 but it was pushed out twice whilst we were there, and in the end it didnt happen until after our return to the UK!

wils
11-21-2009, 04:06 AM
My inlaws tried to do this. They asked whilst at Kennedy but had to ring about parking permits which was a nightmare as they couldn't get through. They would have had to drive down the day before to get the parking permit so they decided not to waste the day and watched from a timeshare which they came across on the way to Titusville.

jharrowell
11-23-2009, 10:04 AM
I've watched a lauch from the NASA causeway and it was amazing! A real pain to finally get in place, but well worth it.

The rough price is in my sig but that was a year ago and it did include breakfast with an astonaught.

You can get tickets that allow you to watch from KSC without going to the causeway that are cheaper but I personally wouldn't pay for those.

If you go to the causeway it is the closest view you'll be able to get of the launch, but it's very rustic so bring your own foldable chair and remember sunscreen (i got burnt, not much fun).

Everyone is right BTW there is an even chance that the launch will be postponed, so you may not get to see it at all (our launch was postponed from December until feb! But luckily I has some cash squirrelled away and I did a lightning trip over to see it).

If you want any details, just ask! :) (oh, and watch the youtube video :D )

Celestine
11-23-2009, 02:42 PM
I've watched a lauch from the NASA causeway and it was amazing! A real pain to finally get in place, but well worth it.

The rough price is in my sig but that was a year ago and it did include breakfast with an astonaught.

You can get tickets that allow you to watch from KSC without going to the causeway that are cheaper but I personally wouldn't pay for those.

If you go to the causeway it is the closest view you'll be able to get of the launch, but it's very rustic so bring your own foldable chair and remember sunscreen (i got burnt, not much fun).

Everyone is right BTW there is an even chance that the launch will be postponed, so you may not get to see it at all (our launch was postponed from December until feb! But luckily I has some cash squirrelled away and I did a lightning trip over to see it).

If you want any details, just ask! :) (oh, and watch the youtube video :D )

DH & DD watched this summer & booked via Gator tours - coach from All Stars and out to the Causeway. First was aborted on the cause at T-16 mins, second cancelled on way to Space Centre. We spent the day at KSC on the day it actually lifted off just before midnight. Watched it from KSC & it was excellent. It was a night launch so centre was open during the day, but if it is a day launch that is not the case unless you have the launch tickets. Traffic back was awful - 2.5 hours back to AKL

Celestine