PDA

View Full Version : Universal.... looking for the cheapest way to get there...

Calgary DISHeads
11-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Is there a reasonable way to get there via public transportation... I know SW is a breeze, and Universal isn't but how long? If not, I'm assuming Mears is the next best but how much time is spent picking up/dropping off at other resorts. How much is a taxi? I looked briefly into a rental car but the cost over Christmas is atrocious, plus we'd have to pay to park and DH is not keen on driving at all on vacation.

Trying to persuade DH that Universal is doable after pressuring DH on the completely logical Christmas upgrade from POR to AKL which almost doubled the price of our trip :rolleyes1.

Thanks so much to everyone for their help :flower3: last time at Universal we stayed onsite so it was easy.

KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
11-15-2009, 08:46 PM
I am not familiar with the Mears option but I know I've seen it posted a number of times on here so you should be able to scan for it. Aside from that and aside from the rental car option, public transporation can be done but not that conveniently. You could take the Lynx bus from the TTC or DTD to Sea World and then the I-Ride Trolley has a line that does cross over I-4 to where the Radisson Twin Towers is across Kirkman from Universal. You'd have to walk from the drop off to the Universal gate, about a 20-minute walk. Just make sure you check the Lynx return schedule too so that there is still a bus that afternoon or evening back into Disney. If you can't rent a car, Mears is probably your best option.

BobK/Orlando

goofy4tink
11-16-2009, 06:41 AM
http://www.wdwinfo.com/universal/index.htm

Try this link. Mears/US offers a one day, two park pass that also included r/t transfer from your resort to the park. Click on 'select a ticket' and you will see the right choice.

Calgary DISHeads
11-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks so much to both of your for your kind help.

Problem has been solved, we are cutting our AKL trip short, and heading over to PB for five nights :cool1: super excited, have stayed at HRH and LOVE FOL access - worth every penny of the hotel room. Wonder why Disney doesn't catch on?