PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain will use not Photopass

Elise79
11-13-2009, 11:15 AM
When Space Mountain reopens it is going to have ride photos that can go onto your Photopass :thumbsup2

Disney Parks Blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/11/space-mountain-attraction-update/)

It is set to re-open on the 22 November and I can wait to ride it next year it is my favorite attraction :goodvibes

EDIT: Appartently Disney parks have updated their blog to remove the reference to Photopass - that is really annoying!

disneyholic family
11-13-2009, 12:35 PM
thanks for posting this!!

i'm so happy to hear they haven't changed the basic ride...
i guess that means i'll still be able to ride it....woo hoo!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

jackieleanne
11-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks for that, great to see that this is the case I was wondering when rides other than Test Track would be getting this in place.

diddldonna
11-13-2009, 02:02 PM
I am afraid that it now says the following on the site :(

'You should also know that a ride photo system will capture guests during their space flights on Space Mountain. It’ll utilize <del datetime="2009-11-13T19:41:21+00:00"> Disney’s Photopass (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/?CMP=SOC-intDPFY09Q4SpaceMtn12-11-09@0003), </del> a ride photo system allowing you to access, share and purchase photos during and after a visit. (Update: we’ve recently learned that Disney’s Photopass is not being used.)

steve76
11-15-2009, 03:23 AM
It's a real shame that it won't be using Photopass. I was looking forward to getting a few on-ride photos to put on my Photopass CD and possibly Photobook. However I'm not going to pay for a single printed photo.

From what I've seen, the photo is taken at the end of the first tunnel, where you make a sharp turn - really before the ride has begun. Weird.

I had thought that Disney would be converting some of its existing ride photos over to Photopass. But the fact that they didn't do it on a brand new ride photo system probably means that they're not going to do this now. Along with the reports of many fewer Photopass photographers, I wonder what the future of the system is.