PDA

View Full Version : Help me! I have no clue about AP discounts!

torsie24
11-12-2009, 04:02 PM
We will be getting free APs next year as part of our wedding package.

So..I'm thinking of using them to book a short planning trip, room only this time next year so we can taste our food options/cake see the locations one last time and meet with the officiant and disney floral.

But - what's the what with AP discounts? Does it make booking through Disney US a good deal? Or is the UK free DDP still much better?

orangetiggs
11-12-2009, 04:19 PM
we found a deal through virgin cheaper than ap discounts for our planning session

I would say that free dining and the 42% off for SSR and OKW is better than ap discount

wayneg
11-12-2009, 04:33 PM
You need to look at all options. Last year we stayed 3 nights at AKL, AP rate was over 50/night cheaper than Disney.co.uk, paid about 70/night, I think it was 129/night on co.uk
If you don't need to buy tickets as you have AP might not be worth going with free DDP offer but AP rates might not be great. Have you looked at what they are this year to give you an idea? link here if you have not looked to give you idea of rates available until Xmas.
http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#ap

Just had a quick look. looked at AKL for example, approx 200/night on co.uk AP rates from 94/night incl tax.

torsie24
11-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Thanks guys.

And thanks wayne for the example link! I couldn't find anything along those lines with my rubbish search skills!

I guess closer to the time I will have to do some good research.

Am I right in thinking we could do a DDP/MYW package with a 1 day ticket frm the US site if needs be? Is that legal? Say if they had a good offer on.

wayneg
11-12-2009, 05:12 PM
You can but US DDP is only usually only available on rack rates.
Back to the AKL example 200 co.uk, 94 AP rate same dates on .com $347 (210)/night
All guess work for next year but you can see free DDP is not really free DDP, it usually just means full rack and instead of discount they give you food.
The exception is the OKW/SSR offer, that is discounted and free DDP.

Elise79
11-13-2009, 03:58 AM
If you book an AP discounted room through the US you can add the DDP without the need for a ticket :thumbsup2

You can book anything as long as it is within the rules for that promotion :)

wayneg
11-13-2009, 04:38 AM
If you book an AP discounted room through the US you can add the DDP without the need for a ticket :thumbsup2

You can book anything as long as it is within the rules for that promotion :)

You can but at $40pppd is it worth it, not to me but is to others, we wouldn't spend $40pppd every day without DDP. I would only do DDP if free and a discounted room.
OKW/SSR deal at 100/night incl DDP for 3 of us is around my limit