PDA

View Full Version : If you were....

T16GEM
11-11-2009, 11:32 AM
in any restaurant in Orlando either on site or offsite where would you be and what food would you order and why?

now I would like to be in Chillis with a big plate of their chicken fingers with the honey mustard dip, fries, their FABULOUS corn on the cob and a nice cold beer!

I would choose this because it's the first meal we always have when we get there and it means that our holiday is really here!! FINALLY!

what about you??

amystevekai&bump
11-11-2009, 12:00 PM
in any restaurant in Orlando either on site or offsite where would you be and what food would you order and why?

now I would like to be in Chillis with a big plate of their chicken fingers with the honey mustard dip, fries, their FABULOUS corn on the cob and a nice cold beer!

I would choose this because it's the first meal we always have when we get there and it means that our holiday is really here!! FINALLY!

what about you??

I would be at the Outback with a bowl of french onion soup and ordering a salad for my main course - which is usually unheard of for me, but I can only ever manage a salad at the Outback as I usually eat about 3 loaves of their gorgeous bread!!!! - possibly my most favourite food item on the entire planet!!!:lmao:

bod diddy
11-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Chick-Fil-A.

JohnnySharp2
11-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I would probably be at the Outback too, sat at the bar having a drink having ordered our take out, large steaks, with aussie chips/jacket potato and salad/soup.

*I actually like chick-fil-a too*

Cyrano
11-11-2009, 03:36 PM
We had a number of nice meals but one that sticks in my mind is baby back ribs at Logan's Roadhouse. The meat was melt in the mouth gorgeous :thumbsup2

DISWolves
11-11-2009, 03:56 PM
T-Bone at Manny's Chophouse, after demolishiing the huge salad bowl first! :love: washed down with a few jars of Bud :drinking1

gemmybear83
11-11-2009, 04:08 PM
It would have to be tandoori chicken nan and salad I had at Sanaa followed by the bread and banana pudding at Ohanas.

Actually scrap that just given the bread and banana pudding :laughing:

wayneg
11-11-2009, 04:11 PM
How can you narrow it to one? I have really tried but this is shortest I can make it, I could go on and on with this one.:goodvibes

Hate to admit after going on about offsite dining is better value than onsite for past 16 years but I think I am going for Le Cellier, ate there for 1st time in August on DDP. Would never pay the price in cash but the food and the surroundings were perfect. Amazing steaks, but great to have fun with food and have a mouse mouse for dessert.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/wayneg1/August%2009/IMG_1224Medium.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/wayneg1/August%2009/IMG_1225Medium.jpg

I can't leave it at one, :rotfl2:
For a fun night out we love Hoop Dee Doo, love the food there and free flowing beer. We just ended up looking a wreck:rotfl:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/wayneg1/August%2009/P1000850Medium.jpg

For a single item.
Chilis white choc molten cake:cloud9:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/wayneg1/Food/IMG_0903Medium.jpg

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
11-11-2009, 04:28 PM
I would choose Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom . . . we have always enjoyed the food there (especially the coconut flan, my fave thing in the entire universe!!), and adore the characters and atmosphere . . . after that we would wonder down Main St and wait for Wishes to start! Only 13 months to go *sigh*!

dolphingirl47
11-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Salt Island Chop House and Fish Market for me. I would have a Sea-sar Salad followed by Fireroasted Pork Tenderloin with Rice and Black Beans and washed down with one of their fantastic Margaritas.

Corinna

jjk
11-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Raglan Road, sheperds pie and the bread and butter pudding popcorn::

dc1964
11-12-2009, 05:22 AM
Tony Romas for me, ice frosted glass of bud at the bar with a starter then sit down to a plate of ribs.......nice.

wicket2005
11-12-2009, 05:42 AM
A steak at the Shark Grill at Sea World, lovely setting and delicious food. It actually won the best theme park restaurant for 2009.

nannyj
11-12-2009, 07:06 AM
Definitely Smokey Bones. We went twice last month so it must be good. We had a rib and chicken combo with fries and coleslaw. It was delicious. A close second was Longhorn. The steak was mouthwatering and done just right. Bahama Breeze was also excellent.
This time we were a little disappointed with Outback, the steak was so tough as was Logans. To each his own though!

mandymouse
11-12-2009, 07:14 AM
I would be in Tutto Italia, and I would be eating Cannelloni followed by their delish Tiramisu, all washed down with a nice glass of wine or cocktail :thumbsup2

Ann B
11-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Great thread!
For me it has to be Le Cellier and the Mushroom Filet Mignon. My mouth is watering just typing this!!

T16GEM
11-12-2009, 08:54 AM
A steak at the Shark Grill at Sea World, lovely setting and delicious food. It actually won the best theme park restaurant for 2009.

Did you have to book to eat here or was it walk in?

dolphingirl47
11-12-2009, 01:02 PM

I don't know if this has changed, but Sharks Underwater Grill only used to accept same day reservations. As the area only opens an hour after the rest of the park, there used to be quite a crowd at rope drop for the area with people streaming to get their reservations.

Corinna

tinks_1989
11-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Cinderellas royal table

Cinderellas slipper chocolate desert

sat looking over Fantasyland :D

T16GEM
11-13-2009, 05:32 AM
I don't know if this has changed, but Sharks Underwater Grill only used to accept same day reservations. As the area only opens an hour after the rest of the park, there used to be quite a crowd at rope drop for the area with people streaming to get their reservations.

Corinna

thanks it sounds like something we would enjoy! :thumbsup2

disneyholic family
11-13-2009, 09:47 AM
offsite it would be at sweet tomatoes...yumm...

onsite - no brainer - Citricos at the GF....
and i would be eating their wild sea bass - i normally hate bass, but it was so well prepared there - i've never tasted anything as good in my life..

and the dessert was also scrumptious....too bad i can't remember what it was, other than it was orgasmically good :goodvibes

natalielongstaff
11-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Offsite, Friendly's ..... chicken strips yum yum

Onsite, Le Cellier, chedder cheese soup and fillet mignon

penlanspice
11-13-2009, 11:56 AM
OH me and DH have been fantasizing about food for the last couple of weeks and really starting to miss Orlando!! we're not even going until next October.

Why oh why did we decide to go to Thailand instead of Orlando!! LOL:scared1:

I would definitely have to be chicken wings followed by steak and fries with crispy onions at Logans. It's become a first night tradition now.

team harris
11-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Talk about making me feel hungry -
For us it would have to be Liberty Tree Inn in MK - we love the home style dinner. :love:
Off site would be Daryls on Intn'l Dr - best steaks in town, not forgetting those desserts! :love:

Who's idea was it to start this thread? :rotfl:

wicket2005
11-17-2009, 08:40 AM

Sorry for the late reply, just saw this. We went in July, so very busy, what we did was booked a table when we passed it in the park, early morning after doing the Manta and the Kraken, for lunch time. Then we were straight in to the restaurant at lunch time when a lot of people were trying to get seats. The kids (and my big kids) loved seeing all the sharks in the aquarium whilst we ate.