PDA

View Full Version : Whining All the Way to the Finish Line..WINE&DINE 1/2 .UPDATE.1/3/10!

DisneyBride'03
11-10-2009, 11:25 PM
WELCOME!!!!

Warning: My first ever PTR!

Warning: My first ever 1/2 marathon!

Last week I saw the advertisement of this new 1/2 marathon...I am not a runner....never paid attention to any marathon stuff here on the DIS...but...did I read....Wine & DINE?!:banana:

Having just returned from a fabulous F & W trip...I started thinking...then started a thread....in the wrong place , cause of course, I had no clue there was something called WISH on the DIS:rolleyes1
Here is the link to that thread....may serve up a few laughs!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2322933

So, in a week, I have returned to the gym...heck, our year membership has been paid...I am currently walking briskly...lol....3-4 miles each visit...tomorrow will be my 4th visit .

In the last week...my friends here have supported me...(RachelTori and PNO4TE) who say they will be at the finish line waiting for me:goodvibes

I have "met" alot of other disers, who could probably say I have been stalking them after finding the WISH board...lol...they are the nicest people:goodvibes
Can't tell you the valueable info I have already received!!

Registration for this event is next Monday, and the event is Oct 1-2, 2010:lmao:
Writing this PTR will help keep myself accountable...

I really feel they I need/want to accomplish this goal for ME!

I am 43, have 5 kids...oldest is 21..youngest 3...I love my Disney and DVC..and want to be fit and not have to worry about that extra skin that has accumulated around my midriff that last couple of years...what is up with that?!:rotfl2:
I keep trying to lose it....but it always seems to find me again! ugh!

Oops..one more warning...
I am known for my chronic resort changing..can never decide on a resort prior to my trips...lol..however....I am trying to improve!

DisneyBride'03
11-10-2009, 11:27 PM
A comment about my title....L@@K at THOSE Wine Legs....(may be changing title here and there!)

for the wine drinkers out there...I am sure they got my pun...lol

For the non-wine drinkers....

Wine Legs is a term ...

Every once in a while you will see someone swirl their glass of wine, raise it towards the light and watch with bated breath for the wine's legs to appear, a mythical indicator of wine quality. These legs, or tears as the French refer to them, are the streaks of wine forming on the side of the wine glass. The legs were once thought to be associated with a wine's quality (the more legs, the higher the quality). However, the legs have more to do with physics, the wine's surface tension and alcohol content, than perceived quality.

DisneyBride'03
11-10-2009, 11:35 PM
From our May trip....

DD12, DD3 and me!

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/GirlsWDWTripmay2009036.jpg

Notice how I strategically place my children and objects in front of my middle:rotfl:

RachelTori
11-11-2009, 05:42 AM
Great title and great start!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the "Honorable Mention"!! ;)

Yes, I will make the sacrifice and stay up late to meet you at the finish line!!! :rotfl:

Resort changer? :confused: Really? :confused: You? :rolleyes1

I'd have never known!!!!!!! :lmao:

:hug:

PNO4TE
11-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Yay! :yay: A PTR from Diana! And thanks for the mention. Means I have to keep up with this thing. I guess. :rotfl:

I am proud of you! Can't wait to hit you over the head with a bottle of chardonnay when you come across that finish line.

Oh, wait... that's what you do to ships. ;) Guess you will have to drink it instead! ::yes::

DisneyBride'03
11-11-2009, 08:41 AM
you 2 or soo funny!! :)

Thanks for the comments....promise only to make mention of both of you in a good light...now to figure out how to put the link of this in my signature....I did it, but it didnt read as the title....I know there is a trick...lol...just dont know it!

Dolce27
11-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Woo-hoo! Another PTR for me to crash. popcorn::

(this prevents me from ever starting my own)

PNO4TE
11-11-2009, 11:27 AM
you 2 or soo funny!! :)

Thanks for the comments....promise only to make mention of both of you in a good light...now to figure out how to put the link of this in my signature....I did it, but it didnt read as the title....I know there is a trick...lol...just dont know it!

When you want to have it say something "meaningful" instead of a bunch of html gibberish, do this:

1. Copy the link you want to have.

2. Open the post where you want it to appear.

3. Click on the "world/link" button above the post. A new window will open and it will look like this:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c69/PNO4TE/Miscellaneous/link.jpg

4. Right click the spot with the grayed-out http:// and paste the copied link you wish to have. Click OK

5. When the link appears in your post it will have what appears to be two links, but one of them is grayed-out. Replace the grayed-out "stuff" with what you want it to say and click OK.

6. Look at your pretty link!

Let me know if it works!! :goodvibes

Sandy321
11-11-2009, 11:33 AM
HI!! :wave:

I'm procrastinating!! (I really need to go out and do 4 miles... but brrrr... and... hmmm )

<I have no idea what the above post was in reference to - I am completely computer illiterate!! I know I use the ctrl C to copy and the ctrl V to paste, unless I'm on dh's mac - then its open aplle C and open apple V!)

Someone told me how to do the link in my siggy - I forget how to do it - I just copy and paste then add the new link!!

Lets see if I can do that here - but put a space in... nope the spaces didnt fool this computer ok - I'm going to delete something...

]COLOR="Magenta"[]url="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=22336153&posted=1#post22336153"]FACE YOUR FEARS Half Marathon Pre-Trip Report link[/url][/COLOR]

OK that worked - now take the ] and reverse it to this [ color = "red" ] and the [url

so when I want to put my post in I just copy the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34293707#post34293707 (your link) and then your title - I'd delete the face your fears etc and put in your title Whining All the Way to the Finish Line...Wine&Dine 1/2.."L@@K at THOSE Wine Legs!"

OK
Whining All the Way to the Finish Line...Wine&Dine 1/2.."L@@K at THOSE Wine Legs!" link (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34293707#post34293707)

see if that worked?
(cut and paste and copy and paste are my friends!!)

Dolce27
11-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Sandy: go do your four miles! :goodvibes

Disneybride: I hope that you get your link worked out.

maroo
11-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Woo Hoo!

One of your stalkers over here! :wave2: How are ya?!

I will feel right at home here...I am a chronic resort changer, too! :thumbsup2

I don't think I am going to do the Wine and Dine half...?? So late at night and I won't finish till about 1:30 AM! :scared1:

But this weekend is on my list of trips this year...we will see! popcorn::

I am in! :)

Dolce27
11-11-2009, 12:57 PM
You guys should start a chronic resort changer anonymous group. I won’t be joining. For me it’s Boardwalk Inn… Boardwalk Inn …. :cloud9: Except for marathon week-end when I can’t afford Boardwalk Inn. :sad1: So, (hopefully) going back in October 2010 for Boardwalk Inn. :banana:

I highly recommend Boardwalk Inn.

… incase you missed that: it’s the Boardwalk Inn.

;)

DisneyBride'03
11-11-2009, 01:08 PM
You guys should start a chronic resort changer anonymous group. I won’t be joining. For me it’s Boardwalk Inn… Boardwalk Inn …. :cloud9: Except for marathon week-end when I can’t afford Boardwalk Inn. :sad1: So, (hopefully) going back in October 2010 for Boardwalk Inn. :banana:

;)

Did you say start a resort changer group?!:lmao:

from 2007.....http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1439809&highlight=confessions

and more recent and active....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1983807

Hi everyone who has joined....the folks i have been stalking too...lol

Thanks for the help with the link...
In the middle of our triple bdr swap...double bathroom swap...triple closet swap....done with 2 bdrs....lol....add in a teen, pre teen home from school, a pre schooler crawling one me as i type. a chocolate lab puppy...and a beagle who is acting up....

now I know why I need to run......:lmao: away....and fast......:rotfl2:

Sandy321
11-11-2009, 01:19 PM

;)

or BWV!!

no room at BWV so we have to "settle" for BCV :banana: 8 weeks from today - hope the weather is warm enough for DD to enjoy the pool!!

run? now??? TODAY????

Dolce27
11-11-2009, 01:37 PM
:lmao: I had no idea that group really exists! I don't know when my love of the BW came about but I have no desire to be at any of the other resorts with the exception of POFQ - my back-up resort when I can't talk myself into blowing money on a deluxe. POFQ will be my hotel in Jan for the marathon.

...ok, to be honest: I've only stayed at the BWI once. It was last Dec for my 30th b-day splurge trip and I saved up for two years for that vacation. I honestly don't know if I can justify staying there again - I just have dreams of doing so this next October b/c I loved it so much. For the first time I actually enjoyed being in my hotel/hotel room and having a balcony view of the boardwalk was fabulous

Sandy: psst! those four miles are calling your name. Think of how wonderful you'll feel tonight being able to report on your pre-TR that you did them! :thumbsup2

Flossbolna
11-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi Diana, I think that's wonderful way to get motivated for exercising. :thumbsup2 I am thinking about doing the half-marathon in January 2011... :rolleyes1

Thanks for the lovely picture of you and your daughters, I think I never really have seen a picture of you before. So it is great to put a face to a screen name! :goodvibes

CJsMom
11-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Wine Legs is a term ...

Every once in a while you will see someone swirl their glass of wine, raise it towards the light and watch with bated breath for the wine's legs to appear, a mythical indicator of wine quality. These legs, or tears as the French refer to them, are the streaks of wine forming on the side of the wine glass. The legs were once thought to be associated with a wine's quality (the more legs, the higher the quality). However, the legs have more to do with physics, the wine's surface tension and alcohol content, than perceived quality.

It's a good day when you learn something new! :thumbsup2
BTW - I am a wine drinker, but I guess I am not serious enough because I never heard of wine legs! :lmao:

Anyway, Hi Diana! Can't wait to hear all about your prep for the half-marathon. That's a great way to make sure you stick with exercise. Unfortunately I tried this with DH, something along the lines of "I'd love to do the 5K at Disney and it would really motivate me to exercise - we could plan a trip for that, don't you think?" His response..."there's plenty of 5K's around here you can do".

:furious:

Happy training! Looking forward to more... :goodvibes

DisneyBride'03
11-11-2009, 04:43 PM
I am totally signature-link impaired...may have to recruit DH for help....lol

DisneyBride'03
11-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Hi Diana, I think that's wonderful way to get motivated for exercising. :thumbsup2 I am thinking about doing the half-marathon in January 2011... :rolleyes1

Thanks for the lovely picture of you and your daughters, I think I never really have seen a picture of you before. So it is great to put a face to a screen name! :goodvibes Thanks :) Finally figured Disney is a great motivator for me:goodvibes..who knows...if this one goes well...i may do 2011...hey another trip...DH will be on to me...lol

It's a good day when you learn something new! :thumbsup2
BTW - I am a wine drinker, but I guess I am not serious enough because I never heard of wine legs! :lmao:

Anyway, Hi Diana! Can't wait to hear all about your prep for the half-marathon. That's a great way to make sure you stick with exercise. Unfortunately I tried this with DH, something along the lines of "I'd love to do the 5K at Disney and it would really motivate me to exercise - we could plan a trip for that, don't you think?" His response..."there's plenty of 5K's around here you can do".

:furious:

Happy training! Looking forward to more... :goodvibes

Hi Leanne!!

Hey you two...my first official multi qoute:lmao: Cant tell you how many times someone we all know has tried to teach me...:rolleyes1:teacher:

Thanks for stopping by:goodvibes
Well, tell DH that Mickey and the gang are not at your local 5K's:rotfl2:

DisneyBride'03
11-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Woo-hoo! Another PTR for me to crash. popcorn::

(this prevents me from ever starting my own)Crash away!!!

Woo Hoo!

One of your stalkers over here! :wave2: How are ya?!

I will feel right at home here...I am a chronic resort changer, too! :thumbsup2

I don't think I am going to do the Wine and Dine half...?? So late at night and I won't finish till about 1:30 AM! :scared1:

But this weekend is on my list of trips this year...we will see! popcorn::

I am in! :)

Hey maroo...glad you found me:laughing:
I know I will finish late...I am planning on wearing all black...I will blend into the darkness...hoping the sweepers dont see me.....:rotfl2:

It will be a great weekend...:yay:

DisneyBride'03
11-11-2009, 05:24 PM
6. Look at your pretty link!

Let me know if it works!! :goodvibes

HI!! :wave:

see if that worked?
(cut and paste and copy and paste are my friends!!)

Ok ladies.....:) I tried both....funny after being on the dis for almost 3 yrs..I am just now learning to post links and multi qoute successfully!!

Elin, the step by step instructions worked...lol
Sandy...paste..copy ..paste,.not my friend..:rotfl2:

Thanks for the help ladies:thumbsup2

DisneyBride'03
11-11-2009, 06:25 PM
ok, just got moved to TR's....thought I qualified as a PRE TR...sent a message to the Mod....????

Donald is #1
11-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi! I can't wait to read more! popcorn::

DisneyBride'03
11-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi! I can't wait to read more! popcorn::

Hi:goodvibes I must go check out your DVC cruise:woohoo:

Looks like we are back in PTR land!!

DisneyBride'03
11-11-2009, 08:01 PM
thanks for all who are here....bare with me, as I am not that organized as other PTR authors...with color coded indexes etc...:worship:;)..geez, I just got the multi qoute thing down along with getting a link in my signature:thumbsup2

So far, I have made it to the gym three times since last Wednesday since I was intoxicated with the thought of registering for the Inaugural Wine&Dine 1/2 Marathon!

On the treadmill, I am completing a mile in 15 minutes...in a brisk walk...not sure if I will ever run....perhaps a walk/jog...wog...come next year:goodvibes

I have completed 10 miles ..wanted to go today...but didnt happen....trying to get our room/closet swap completed!

The shoes I had were horrible....so I went to one of my fave sites....www.sierratradingpost.com....found a pair of New Balance...arrived yesterday....along with a book that is highly recommended by the WISH folks...Marathoning for Mortals....I am all set....right?!:rotfl2:

There is really alot to learn, so glad I have enough time to learn & train!!!!

Dolce27
11-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Congrats on making it to the gym! You are off to a great start with the training! :thumbsup2 If you do ever transition into running, I highly recommend that you purchase new shoes at a running store where you will be fitted by a trained sales person. They'll watch you walk and run barefoot to see how your feet strike the ground and find the shoes that fit your feet properly. One of the worst mistakes new people make is buying a shoe off the rack. The wrong type of shoe on your foot can lead to injury. If you're only walking right now, you're probably fine. If you do want to transition into running, I highly recommend the C25k program. That is how I learned to run. I downloaded the podcasts. One last tip: since you're training for an outdoor 1/2 marathon - put the treadmill at about a 2% incline when using that to train on. I do recommend training outdoors as much as possible, however. When I used to power walk or run for cardio/weight loss, it was all on treadmill. However, when I began training for this marathon I learned to run outdoors. Now I detest the treadmill. Getting on the treadmill is torture for me! Outdoors, even when it's cold an yucky, is preferable. Outdoors will also train you to deal with slopes, hills, uneven surfaces and breeze/wind that you won't become accustomed to on a treadmill.

DisneyBride'03
11-12-2009, 08:52 AM
...is December 5th...It's called the Jingle Bell Race/Walk:santa:

My DH is doing it with me, but I told him I will be walking fast....so see ya at the finish line:)
Curious to see howI will do....the route is through a golf course minutes away from our house...
Planning on gym today...still working on the house..I do see the light at the end of the tunnel...one more closet...of course its mine...the worst one:laughing:

Dolce...again thanks for all the great tips:thumbsup2

I am a visual person....so here is a pic of my new shoes I will be trying out today...woohoo...who thought I would ever get excited about running shoes:rolleyes1

Merrell shoes for touring WDW , yes......:laughing:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/i/1832J,01,_New-Balance-757CU-Running-Shoes-For-Women.html

While I am at it..here is a link to what i think is THE best bag for Disney trips, athough I purchased it for the Official bag of our Alaska cruise next year..lol....Its perfect for days in the parks...can fit water bottles, your refill mug inside..I hate when I get back to the resort and want something to drink, and say.., oh darn, wish I had my mug!!
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,1302T_Overland-Equipment-Donner-Bag.html

oh my, they are on sale...!!!:rotfl2:
I have the purple one....may have to get another...:rolleyes1

Ok, must get my day started:laundy::hippie:

maroo
11-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks :) Finally figured Disney is a great motivator for me:goodvibes..who knows...if this one goes well...i may do 2011...hey another trip...DH will be on to me...lol

This is exactly what got me motivated the first time I started training. I have had to "reboot" my training - but now am back! But I am right there with you! It is a GREAT motivator!

Hey maroo...glad you found me:laughing:
I know I will finish late...I am planning on wearing all black...I will blend into the darkness...hoping the sweepers dont see me.....:rotfl2:

It will be a great weekend...:yay:

You are doing GREAT, though...already at 15 min miles. I don't think I will EVER get there!

Great job on the start of your training! You are doing great! Keep it up! :cheer2:

John's Mom
11-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Diana, I'm here to join in on all the fun. :rotfl:

Kathy

DisneyBride'03
11-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Diana, I'm here to join in on all the fun. :rotfl:

Kathy

:yay:thanks!!!:goodvibes

Donald is #1
11-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Congratulations on starting training and good luck on the 5k! pixiedust:

DisneyBride'03
11-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Ok...so my training has gotten off to a miserable start...lol

Have been sick...hoping tomorrow I can get to the gym!
Registration opens this Monday!

Also, yesterday marked my 5 week mark to my quick getaway to WDW for Christmas:) See ya there PNO4TE!!

Speaking of WDW...I booked part of my stay for next year....not sure what my arrival day will be....of course it depends on DH's schedule....blah...lol

So easy for him to plan a golf getaway to HHI in April....(ok..thats how I got him to buy DVC...lol...told him wouldnt it be great to take your friends there for your big bday...they all turn 50 within same week...have been friends since like they were 11)
There goes all my...I mean *our* points...LOL

So I booked SSR..which I love and think it will be very relaxing prior to the 1/2....however, at 7 mths I will try for BWV..and maybe spend 2 nights at BWI before I move to villas....lol...have to just wait and see on that!!!

Sandy321
11-14-2009, 08:47 PM
dont rule out OKW too! From all my reading - I think that OKW is closer to the start - but still you will want to take the bus... but wait for the Princess is there a bus??

but SSR has a spa!! You should plan on booking a massage!!

Boardwalk cant be beat!! (we're at BCV!!)

OH - I just realized - didnt comment on the "legs" - its all about the "nose"
:rotfl:

Just watched the PBS show on Champagne region!! I did a great wine tasting "event" last weekend... I couldnt help myself - some of the "legs" just show off the color of the wine so well!!! :rotfl2: but I kept remembering your definition of "legs" and I felt... "oops"!!

gotta luv wine!! :love:

I sure do!!

maroo
11-16-2009, 08:49 AM
How are you doing?

How is the training going?

I can't wait to hear your plans!! :)

DisneyBride'03
11-16-2009, 09:41 AM
dont rule out OKW too! From all my reading - I think that OKW is closer to the start - but still you will want to take the bus... but wait for the Princess is there a bus??

but SSR has a spa!! You should plan on booking a massage!!

Boardwalk cant be beat!! (we're at BCV!!)

OH - I just realized - didnt comment on the "legs" - its all about the "nose"
:rotfl:

Just watched the PBS show on Champagne region!! I did a great wine tasting "event" last weekend... I couldnt help myself - some of the "legs" just show off the color of the wine so well!!! :rotfl2: but I kept remembering your definition of "legs" and I felt... "oops"!!

gotta luv wine!! :love:

I sure do!! I LOVVE Wine...I think that is the only reason that got me to thinking....Wine&Dine 1/2 marathon...Sure!!!!:rotfl2::cool1:

Oh, I qouted a site describing wine legs.....lol...my definition would have been, those lines on a wine glass you see when you swirl your wine ....lol..or...my legs with feel like this after the 1/2...cant feel 'em , too much wine...oh no...i just walked really fast for 13.1 miles:lmao:

SO...I have no idea where this route will be for this Wine&Dine run...no info posted...and today registration was suppose to open up...nothing at the site!!!

As far as resorts...OKW is best with the points I have left...not many...DH is going to HHI with his buddies to celebrate their 50th bdays in April...
I would love to stay BWV for Sun to Thurs...then check into BWI and stay til Sunday...

All this contigent on my DH's schedule and my DD who will be 4 then and in pre school THREE days a week....longest I would ever be away..:eek:

who am I fooling...:woohoo::rotfl:
Nah....we have a big family trip end of May:)

How are you doing?

How is the training going?

I can't wait to hear your plans!! :)

Training took a back seat...but am feeling better today and am heading to the gym today..even if i dont push it., still want to walk 3-4 miles even if its not under 16 minutes per mile.....

So I sneeked over to your PTR:) I will be in Disney the 18th -21st next mth:)
This trip had been tweaked, cancelled....and then an offer came in that I couldnt refuse:goodvibes
Staying at CSR one night then going to POFQ with a generous friend for the next 2:rolleyes1
Hoping I get a BB offer so that I can book part of my stay next year for the 1/2 marathon.

Thinking if I do a split stay would rather check in on Thurs and not Friday, the night of the race!!!

I have three weeks til my first ever 5K....now I am nervous...cause I missed abt 3 trips to the gym!!!

I may be doing some resort changing...all depends on what is available at 7 mths out...would be happy staying at SSR and then just moving to an EPCOT resort for Thurs-Sun...preferably on a code or BBoffer or discount...got a few offfers this year...of course, never used them...can always hope for a good AP rate:)

maroo
11-16-2009, 09:55 AM
I LOVVE Wine...I think that is the only reason that got me to thinking....Wine&Dine 1/2 marathon...Sure!!!!:rotfl2::cool1:

Oh, I qouted a site describing wine legs.....lol...my definition would have been, those lines on a wine glass you see when you swirl your wine ....lol..or...my legs with feel like this after the 1/2...cant feel 'em , too much wine...oh no...i just walked really fast for 13.1 miles:lmao:

SO...I have no idea where this route will be for this Wine&Dine run...no info posted...and today registration was suppose to open up...nothing at the site!!!

As far as resorts...OKW is best with the points I have left...not many...DH is going to HHI with his buddies to celebrate their 50th bdays in April...
I would love to stay BWV for Sun to Thurs...then check into BWI and stay til Sunday...

All this contigent on my DH's schedule and my DD who will be 4 then and in pre school THREE days a week....longest I would ever be away..:eek:

who am I fooling...:woohoo::rotfl:
Nah....we have a big family trip end of May:)

Training took a back seat...but am feeling better today and am heading to the gym today..even if i dont push it., still want to walk 3-4 miles even if its not under 16 minutes per mile.....

So I sneeked over to your PTR:) I will be in Disney the 18th -21st next mth:)
This trip had been tweaked, cancelled....and then an offer came in that I couldnt refuse:goodvibes
Staying at CSR one night then going to POFQ with a generous friend for the next 2:rolleyes1
Hoping I get a BB offer so that I can book part of my stay next year for the 1/2 marathon.

Thinking if I do a split stay would rather check in on Thurs and not Friday, the night of the race!!!

I have three weeks til my first ever 5K....now I am nervous...cause I missed abt 3 trips to the gym!!!

I may be doing some resort changing...all depends on what is available at 7 mths out...would be happy staying at SSR and then just moving to an EPCOT resort for Thurs-Sun...preferably on a code or BBoffer or discount...got a few offfers this year...of course, never used them...can always hope for a good AP rate:)

Oh my gosh! :)

Awesome!

Hopefully we can meet up at some point in December. That is going to be an interesting trip.
They all keep changing their minds. :eek: Not very DIS-like! :laughing: I am just praying they stay to a plan if we ever make one.

I am glad you are going to be able to get back to the gym! I have stayed on my schedule for 2 weeks now...have lost 4 pounds...and am pretty happy with the progress so far! But this next week starts the 4 mile walks...and from there it tends to get a little tricky!

You will be great for your 5K! Even if you have to walk some of it...or even all of it...You will definitely make it!! :) And have a race under your belt! :)

:cheer2: Go! :cheer2: Go! :cheer2:

DisneyBride'03
11-16-2009, 10:06 AM
oh trust me...I am walking....this bod aint no way near jogging....or running...lol

Congrats on saying bye bye to those lbs:) woohoo....;)

DisneyBride'03
11-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Registration Open!!!!!

Ok...all looks so intimidating now....:laughing::scared1:
oops, forgot the link....ha!

http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/events/eventDetail/detail?name=HalfMarathonDetailPage&pid=pip-1

maroo
11-16-2009, 02:02 PM
oh trust me...I am walking....this bod aint no way near jogging....or running...lol

Me, too! You are in good company! :)

Registration Open!!!!!

Ok...all looks so intimidating now....:laughing::scared1:
oops, forgot the link....ha!

http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/events/eventDetail/detail?name=HalfMarathonDetailPage&pid=pip-1

Yeah...I have not seen much about it on the WISH board either? Sorta surprised??

The only way I would do it is to do the relay option.

The whole thing is so expensive!

Sandy321
11-16-2009, 02:19 PM

Me three!

and seriously - what makes me think that I will be in shape 8 weeks from now!!

One day at a time, one step at a time!!

tiggrbaby
11-16-2009, 06:04 PM
WOW! After looking at the requirements, I am impressed! I can walk a 15 minute mile, but NO WAY for 13 miles!

Sandy321
11-16-2009, 07:00 PM
:wave2: - check the time of my post!! :cutie:

or am I a snoot? :snooty:

:rotfl2:

I will say that its important to worry about the 13.1 distance - I learned the hard way to "respect the distance".... I used to believe - hey, its just a walk in the parks - until I did it!!! :faint:

DisneyBride'03
11-17-2009, 06:38 AM
Me three!

and seriously - what makes me think that I will be in shape 8 weeks from now!!

One day at a time, one step at a time!!Great mantra...one step at a time!! In the past when I worked out on a regular basis...:rotfl: trying to get back into that mode....consistency is Key!!

WOW! After looking at the requirements, I am impressed! I can walk a 15 minute mile, but NO WAY for 13 miles!
Well, I am certainly not at that point yet:eek:....but planning on getting to that point:cheer2:
:wave2: - check the time of my post!! :cutie:

or am I a snoot? :snooty:

:rotfl2:

I will say that its important to worry about the 13.1 distance - I learned the hard way to "respect the distance".... I used to believe - hey, its just a walk in the parks - until I did it!!! :faint:

ok..you are a cutie snoot...:lmao:

Oh thanks...you just gave me a great :idea: Need to put "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" on my playlist....to remind me...Respect the distance!!!!! :thumbsup2

Well, technically it is a walk in the parks..right....?:rotfl2: But all the park
benches have that "wet paint" sign on them....:laughing:

My 5K is around the corner.....12/5...should be verrryyyyy interesting....:rolleyes1

DisneyBride'03
11-17-2009, 06:54 AM
Inaugural Disney Wine & Dine

Runners participating in Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon will have exclusive access to an after-hours Epcot International Food & Wine Festival included with their race entry.
Spectators will be able to purchase a specially priced event ticket that will allow them access into the exclusive after-hours party to see their runner finish the race and celebrate with them at the festival. Spectators can enter Epcot® at 10:30 p.m.
Your Finish Line Party Ticket includes:
•Entrance into the Exclusive After-Hours Epcot International Food & Wine Festival •One (1) Complimentary "Taste" and One (1) Complimentary "Sip" at the Finish Line Party •Ability to view the course and finish line of the Half Marathon and Relay
ALL spectators are required to purchase a Finish Line Party Ticket in order to view the finish line of Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon and Half Marathon Relay. This is a specially ticketed event and requires a separate ticket. Annual Passes and Cast Member entrance are not valid for this special event.
*Limited country pavilions, entertainment and attractions will be available due to Epcot® closing at 9 p.m. for day guests.
All event information is subject to change.

Half Marathon WeekendWEEKEND SCHEDULE
EXPO & PACKET PICK-UP
Location: Jostens® Center at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
All runners are required to attend the Expo for race number and packet pick-up.
Friday, October 1, 2010
12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, October 2, 2010
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

DISNEY'S KIDS' RACES
Friday, October 1, 2010
7:00 p.m.
MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN FAMILY FUN RUN 5K
7:00 a.m.
Start & Finish: Magic Kingdom® Park
DISNEY WINE & DINE HALF MARATHON RELAY
10:00 p.m.
Start: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Relay Transition: Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park
Finish: Epcot® World Showcase
DISNEY WINE & DINE HALF MARATHON
10:00 p.m.
Start: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Finish: Epcot® World Showcase
FINISH LINE PARTY
EXCLUSIVE AFTER HOURS EPCOT INTERNATIONAL FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL
Saturday, October 2, - Sunday, October 3, 2010
10:30 p.m. - 3:00 a.m.

Print PageInaugural Disney Wine & Dine
Half Marathon WeekendRace Instructions
Check back later for the final race instructions.

Baggage Claim
There will be a baggage drop off location at the race start for participants. Attach the bottom tear tag of your bib number to your bag when you drop it off at Baggage Claim. Your race bib number will be used to verify your bag when you pick it up at Baggage Claim. You must use the clear plastic bag you were given at Packet Pick-up to check your baggage. We will not accept any items that are not in the clear plastic bag. Please do not check any valuable items. Event Staff are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.

Bib Numbers
Each runner will be issued a bib number at Packet Pick-up. It is the responsibility of each runner to wear the bib during the race. If a runner is seen without their bib number while running on the course, they will be removed from the course for security and safety reasons.

A ChronoTrack D-tag timing device will be located on the back of the race bib.

Timing & Results
The Half Marathon and Half Marathon Relay are timed events.

The ChronoTrack timing system will be used for the half marathon and relay. A ChronoTrack timing D-tag will be located on the back of each runner's race bib. The disposable D-tag should be peeled off and attached to the participant's shoe before the race.

Online results will be posted after race conclusion at disneywinedinerun.com.

If you are picked up and transported to the finish line for any reason you will not receive a finisher medal.

Half Marathon WeekendAWARDS
Overall Awards
These awards will be presented on-site at the Awards Ceremony.
Top 3 Overall Male & Female Half Marathon Finishers (based on gun time)Top Overall Male & Female Wheelchair Winner** (push rim only) (based on gun time)Top Male, Female & Coed Relay Teams (based on net time)
Masters, Military, Relay Teams & Age Group Awards (based on Net time)
Overall Male & Female Masters Champion*
2nd & 3rd Place Wheelchair Winners (Push rim only, based on gun time)
2nd & 3rd Place Male Relay Teams
2nd & 3rd Place Female Relay Teams
2nd & 3rd Place Co-ed Relay Teams
Top 5 Male & Female Military
Top 5 Age Groups (Male & Female)

14-17
30-34
45-49
60-64
75-79

18-24
35-39
50-54
65-69
80+

25-29
40-44
55-59
70-74

The Masters, Military, Relay Teams & Age Group awards listed above for the Half Marathon will be distributed by mail after the event. Because of the number of people who participate in the Half Marathon, it can often take several minutes to cross the start line. In the interest of fairness, masters and age group award winners will be based on Net Time. Masters (40 and over) that place in the overall division will receive that overall award only.

A runner will not receive two awards for the same race result.
Relay awards will be based on Net time.

Half Marathon WeekendSAFETY REMINDER
For the safety of yourself and the other participants, baby joggers, strollers, baby carriers, baby backpacks, inline skates, motorized scooters, bicycles, skateboards, and animals of any kind are prohibited from the course. If you are seen in violation of one of these you will be removed from the course and transported to the finish line area.
Headphones are discouraged due to audio messages that are placed throughout the course to ensure your safety.
You are allowed to and even encouraged to wear a costume while running the event, however, your costume cannot include a face mask for security and safety reasons. Anyone seen in violation of this will be removed from the course. If your costume is questionable or offensive to others, we reserve the right to either have you change into something more appropriate or remove you from the event.

Half Marathon Weekend
COURSE

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Course Description
Start at the newly re-imagined ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex running down Victory Way and then west on Osceola Parkway toward Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park. Make your way past the Tree of Life, Expedition Everest™, Dinosaur® and then race back to Osceola Parkway and head toward Disney's Hollywood Studios™. You will enter the park in the shadow of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™, run down Sunset Boulevard through Pixar Place, past Toy Story Mania!, then through the Costuming Tunnel in the Backlot on your way to Lights Motor Action! for your big debut! Race through the Streets of America, past Star Tours and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular on your way to Epcot®! The course will wind through the idyllic village of Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts and lead you through the international gateway entrance to Epcot®, where you will pass United Kingdom and Canada before finishing on World Showcase!

Mickey's Halloween 5K Course Description
Race from the Happy Parking Lot toward Magic Kingdom® Park. Run past Tony's Town Square Restaurant onto Main Street, U.S.A.® toward Tomorrowland® where you will run past the Space Mountain® Attraction, under Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress and past Indy Car Motor Speedway. The course will then turn before the Mad Tea Party to run past the Rose Garden and in front of Cinderella Castle. Follow the ghostly lights toward the Haunted Mansion as you race through Liberty Square, past The Hall of Presidents, and then onto Frontierland® and Adventureland®. After you pass the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction you will run backstage to the finish line on West Beach overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom® Resort Area.

MOST IMPORTANT!!!!:eek::eek:
To compete you must be 14 years of age or older. All athletes entering the Half Marathon or Relay must maintain a 16-minute per mile pace or faster throughout the entire race.

This last piece of the pie should have been first!!!:upsidedow

DisneyBride'03
11-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Let me just say that above post was a copy and paste nightmare.....ugh!!! Never again!! lol Had to go back twice and delete stuff that copied 3 times.....then I had to log back in, and lost all my editing....
taking a break...time for the kiddos to go to school...and I need an Advil now!!

Sandy321
11-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Let me just say that above post was a copy and paste nightmare.....ugh!!! Never again!! lol Had to go back twice and delete stuff that copied 3 times.....then I had to log back in, and lost all my editing....
taking a break...time for the kiddos to go to school...and I need an Advil now!!

it is too many words for me right now!! I have to get myself to school - subbing in 4th grade today...

What 5K are you running in?? I'm debating on whether I should run a race... :rolleyes1

Singinglizzie
11-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Just wanted to say Hi and also say good for you for doing the 1/2 marathon! You will be my inspiration!!!!:hippie:

maroo
11-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Woo Hoo!!!

GO get em!

I hope you got some Advil and are feeling better!

Kudos to you for putting all of that info in one place. Why does it take so much research to find all of that out? :confused3

My advice on the 16 minute mile pace is to position yourself as far forward in your assigned corral as possible. That way you cross the start line with as much time to "spare" as possible before the "last" person crosses the start line.

The 16 minute mile pacers don't start counting until the LAST person crosses the start line...so you will have some minutes that will act as a buffer. I would not really "rely" on them...but when you stop to use the restroom or something, at least you won't have to break out into a run to catch up to the pace.

I believe it can take 15 or 20 minutes for the pack to cross the start line - so theoretically that gives you that many minutes to act as a buffer...

This is giving me comfort as I train. I am shooting for 16 minute miles...but if I have to stop to use the rest room or walk a little slower through the water stops, then I will be glad I was one of the first in my section to get started.

Are you planning to walk with music?

DisneyBride'03
11-17-2009, 10:50 AM
it is too many words for me right now!! I have to get myself to school - subbing in 4th grade today...

What 5K are you running in?? I'm debating on whether I should run a race... :rolleyes1It's a local 5K called he Jingle Bell Race/Walk..through a golf course, starts at 7 am...doing the Walk:cool1:;)
4th grade is a great grade...they are still sweet...LOL
Just wanted to say Hi and also say good for you for doing the 1/2 marathon! You will be my inspiration!!!!:hippie:Hi Liz!!! Glad you are here!:flower3:

Woo Hoo!!!

GO get em!

I hope you got some Advil and are feeling better!

Kudos to you for putting all of that info in one place. Why does it take so much research to find all of that out? :confused3

My advice on the 16 minute mile pace is to position yourself as far forward in your assigned corral as possible. That way you cross the start line with as much time to "spare" as possible before the "last" person crosses the start line.

The 16 minute mile pacers don't start counting until the LAST person crosses the start line...so you will have some minutes that will act as a buffer. I would not really "rely" on them...but when you stop to use the restroom or something, at least you won't have to break out into a run to catch up to the pace.

I believe it can take 15 or 20 minutes for the pack to cross the start line - so theoretically that gives you that many minutes to act as a buffer...

This is giving me comfort as I train. I am shooting for 16 minute miles...but if I have to stop to use the rest room or walk a little slower through the water stops, then I will be glad I was one of the first in my section to get started.

Are you planning to walk with music?

I need to copy and paste that into my head...lol..great info, thanks so much!!!! So much to learn...! Here is my current playlist....fun on the treadmill..lol...accept DH has seen me in action and claims he can tell when a song changes, cause I adjust my walk to the song....lol

Single Ladies.....Beyonce
Crazy in Love.....Beyonce
Ain't No Stopping us Now....Mc Fadden & Whitehead (old disco)
Heaven Must be Missing an Angel....Tavares
It only takes a minute.....Tavares
Pon De Replay..Rihanna
LOVE....Sugarland
Hemorrhage(in my hands)....Fuel
Livin La Vida Loca....Ricky Martin'
Cup of Life....Ricky Martin
A thousand beautiful things...Annie Lennox
Walking on Broken Glass....Annie Lennox
Acoustic #3...Goo Goo Dolls
Here is Gone....Goo Goo Dolls
Think about me...Goo Goo Dolls
Slide....Goo Goo Dolls
Luck be a Lady...Frank Sinatra
Black or White.....Michael Jackson
Freedom...George Michael
Its My Life...Bon Jovi
Lost Highway...Bon Jovi
Living on a Prayer...Bon Jovi
Right Now...Van Halen
Say Hey(I love you)....Micheal Franti
Sexyback....Justin Timberlake
Show me what im looking for...Carolina Liar
This is how a heart brakes...Rob Thomas
Someday......Rob Thomas
Going to add R-E-S-P-E-C-T by Aretha...as a neat reminder of what Sandy said...RESPECT the DISTANCE!!!!!

Dolce27
11-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Let me ask you guys about the corral placement: In the corral that you will be in; what pace groups are in there? I understand the want to get as far forward in your corral as possible but if there are faster runners behind you, being in front of them will create nothing but problems. Each corral needs to line up by pacing. There have been races where slower paced people were knocked down because they were lined up in front of faster paced people that took off at a run at the Start line. I know that Disney does a good job with corral placement to help prevent what I stated above from happening, but here’s me for example: When I signed up for the Disney marathon I hadn’t run a race so I couldn’t submit a time to be put into another corral. I’m assuming that I’m currently in the general corral? I plan to try to move up a corral at Expo now that I’ve completed a half marathon and have an official time. I’m also running an 8 mile Turkey Trot next week that will be chipped for official time. I’m averaging under a 9 1/2 minute mile right now in my training runs and there’s a good chance (if my training holds up) to complete the marathon in under 5 hours. But what if I can’t move up a corral? I know that it would be very frustrating on my part to start the race at my 9 something minute pace, trying to run, when people doing a much slower pace are blocking my way. I’m certain that it would also be very frustrating on the slower paced people to have me right on their heels trying to shove my way around them so that I could run.

I really am asking about the last corral placement at Disney - I have no idea what that last corral is like. Is there a mix of paced people in that corral or is it more 14 -16 paced people and walkers? I’ve been reading the frustration of this by the experienced runners over on a running message board that I lurk at so this topic has been on my thoughts lately. I guess to just be mindful of the runners around you. If you do wind up at the very front of your corral and you realize that there are faster runners there, try to move over to the side so that they can easily pass you when they cross the Start line. I accidently ran up on a girl’s heels in my half marathon. She was walking! She had placed herself up too far in the line for the start and was mixed in with all of the runners instead of being in the back with the walkers. I happened to glance down at something on the ground and then back up and there she was! I couldn’t avoid her. I’m just thankful that I didn’t cause her injury.

Disneybride: Good luck on your Jingle Bell race/walk. It sounds like fun! Is it for a cause?

Oh! and you guys can maintain your pace if you train. I promise! I did 14 miles last Saturday for my first time and my pace held up. Just trust your training!

PNO4TE
11-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Here is my current playlist....fun on the treadmill..lol...

What???? no Bing?

DisneyBride'03
11-17-2009, 01:56 PM
:thumbsup2What???? no Bing?

:rolleyes1:rotfl:
Never imagined listening to him during a workout...however, now that you mention it....with the season upon us..:santa::santa::santa::santa:.may have to add Mele Kalikimaka and Anday's "Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"...:thumbsup2

maroo
11-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Definitely...I should have said that...if you are in front in the corral - make sure you are off to the side...or plan to jog to start. No one starts REAL fast in the back corrals, but no one wants to get run over. :)

DisneyBride'03
11-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Definitely...I should have said that...if you are in front in the corral - make sure you are off to the side...or plan to jog to start. No one starts REAL fast in the back corrals, but no one wants to get run over. :)

I think I am going to begin a journal...and then keep track in there of what pages on my PTR has all this great info....this way I can catalogue it!!

So next year when I ask myself,,,where am I suppose to go?? Oh...page 4 of my PTR...:goodvibes

So....finally got to wear my new shoes....got them last week...then got sick and too busy with the internal move within my house....they were awesome...wow what a differance!

These will do for now....will follow advice and eventually be fitted at a running store!

So...took Ava (DD3.5) to pre school....went to the gym....I really wish they would have better programming on these TV monitors while on the TM! lol

Nothing positive in these soap operas....lol....crying,,,yellling....give me back my baby....

So tried talking myself into stopping at mile 2....3...and 3.5..but went to mile 4 in one hour:)
It really felt like an accomplishment....today it did!
I just keep thinking/visualizing what it will be like to cross that finish line...what a feeling...and I want that experience!! I am sure it will be better than anything I can imagine:3dglasses

Besides, I want to make my 5K on 12/5....
DOLCE its a race/walk through our park district...I will wear my shirt in Disney next month!!!

tiggrbaby
11-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Great job for sticking it out the full time on the TM! You are on your way!!! :cheer2:

Flossbolna
11-18-2009, 06:56 AM
Congratulations on registering! Sound slike you are doing good with your training! :thumbsup2 I don't bother with TVs when I am on the treadmill (which I hate nearly as much as the PP). But I listen to my Disney podcasts on my Ipod. My selection is the DIS Unplugged, WDW Today and WDW Radio Show. :goodvibes

maroo
11-18-2009, 07:42 AM
Awesome job!! 4 miles in one hour is just 15 min per mile - so you are already tracking ahead of the pace!! :) Great job!

And I am impressed that you didn't stop...I have to talk myself INTO keeping on going...:rolleyes:

PNO4TE
11-18-2009, 07:46 AM
So tried talking myself into stopping at mile 2....3...and 3.5..but went to mile 4 in one hour:)

That is terrific, Diana! If you keep up this pace you ought to be ready to party by 1:00, easily. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: :goodvibes :flower3:

DisneyBride'03
11-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Great job for sticking it out the full time on the TM! You are on your way!!! :cheer2: It's a mind game I tell you!! All the positive comments really help....part of my reason I started my first ever PTR..I would have to hold myself accountable....and I hoped for the comments to keep me going...as I still have a long way to go.....:grouphug:

Congratulations on registering! Sound slike you are doing good with your training! :thumbsup2 I don't bother with TVs when I am on the treadmill (which I hate nearly as much as the PP). But I listen to my Disney podcasts on my Ipod. My selection is the DIS Unplugged, WDW Today and WDW Radio Show. :goodvibes I have a Sansa....we dl all our stuff from Rhapsody.....I love your idea!! Last week when I was on the TM (always have my music on) but then they had the Ft Hood Memorial on...I am crying on the TM...the visual of the soldiers boot, rifle and helmet above the photos of the soldiers that lost their life....ugh ..but then it also gave me the determination to keep going and realizing how fortunate I am that I CAN do a 1/2 marathon!

Awesome job!! 4 miles in one hour is just 15 min per mile - so you are already tracking ahead of the pace!! :) Great job!

And I am impressed that you didn't stop...I have to talk myself INTO keeping on going...:rolleyes:True....but then I think...I have to X this 3...and then 1.1 more....:eek::laughing: Thanks....:)
But then I realized....
A 1/2 marathon is just a 5K race with a 10 mile warm up:cheer2::cheer2::rotfl:

That is terrific, Diana! If you keep up this pace you ought to be ready to party by 1:00, easily. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: :goodvibes :flower3:

Elin, that is my Goal!!!!:yay: Just so happy the party is til 3...otherwise I would just have time for a "sip" and a "taste"...:laughing:
I just hope you and Laura can stay up that late..we will have to plan our day accordingly!

PNO4TE
11-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Elin, that is my Goal!!!!:yay: Just so happy the party is til 3...otherwise I would just have time for a "sip" and a "taste"...:laughing:
I just hope you and Laura can stay up that late..we will have to plan our day accordingly!

I figure if you can run/walk at that time of night/morning, I ought to be able to stay awake to greet you. And then to celebrate! :thumbsup2

DisneyBride'03
11-18-2009, 11:45 AM
I figure if you can run/walk at that time of night/morning, I ought to be able to stay awake to greet you. And then to celebrate! :thumbsup2

Well, to be honest with you....I am so hoping to turn into a pumpkin at midnight...and just roll all the way to the finish line......

Oh, that is what keeps me going Elin....crossing that finish line...having my friends greet me, and know that I DID IT!!!
Hoping I will be able to celebrate ...and not just with an oxygen mask! :laughing:

maroo
11-18-2009, 12:16 PM
I think once you cross that finish line - you will have plenty of adrenaline flowing for some partying afterwards! And you can get some portable O2! :)

DisneyBride'03
11-18-2009, 02:32 PM
I think once you cross that finish line - you will have plenty of adrenaline flowing for some partying afterwards! And you can get some portable O2! :)

Really...portable O2...just at the finish line?!:laughing:

maroo
11-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Really...portable O2...just at the finish line?!:laughing:

Well...I supposed you could rent a portable O2 tank to run with...but I am thinking the extra edge gained by having more oxygenated blood would be taken away by having to drag the tank around. :rotfl: So you may just have to settle for the O2 at the finish line! Darn. :laughing:

RachelTori
11-18-2009, 07:56 PM

But what are her friends going to do to stay awake and ready to party?!!! We won't have that adrenaline thing going for us, will we Elin?!! :rotfl:

Dolce27
11-18-2009, 09:23 PM
But what are her friends going to do to stay awake and ready to party?!!! We won't have that adrenaline thing going for us, will we Elin?!! :rotfl:

You know, maybe it ought to be a group thing for you guys! You all run the 1/2 marathon together and wear some sassy matching shirts. Then you'll have plenty of adrenaline for the party. It could be fun....

PNO4TE
11-18-2009, 10:38 PM

I am thinking we will all need MAJOR naps that day!

And, dolce... we are Diana's support team, not her team members. ;) :rotfl2: Although I might be persuaded to do the relay the next year.

DisneyBride'03
11-19-2009, 10:36 AM
What about Rosa ? That could be your adrenaline! lol Too bad the race didnt end in Italy...I am just going to visualize that BIG bottle of Rosa Regale at the finish line...of course to be consumed at another time....lol
Ok...maybe aerobeds in Canada while you wait?!!!:rotfl:
Well...I supposed you could rent a portable O2 tank to run with...but I am thinking the extra edge gained by having more oxygenated blood would be taken away by having to drag the tank around. :rotfl: So you may just have to settle for the O2 at the finish line! Darn. :laughing:
:laughing: Just picturing the tank.....I'll pass!
You know, maybe it ought to be a group thing for you guys! You all run the 1/2 marathon together and wear some sassy matching shirts. Then you'll have plenty of adrenaline for the party. It could be fun....I love sassy matching shirts!!!!!:3dglasses:yay:
I am very happy and pleased they will be there to support me:)

I am thinking we will all need MAJOR naps that day!

And, dolce... we are Diana's support team, not her team members. ;) :rotfl2: Although I might be persuaded to do the relay the next year.

oh really...persuaded....twist of the old arm?!:laughing:

Imagine all the pressure I will have!!! My friends staying up late...tired....having to sip/taste at the special after party(that there is a fee to enter....:rolleyes1:laughing:) and waiting for ME to finish!!!!!!

So...I realized last night I wouldnt be able to get to the gym today, poor Ava caught my bug and has had a low grade fever, so that means no pre school or kid care at the gym...so DH suggested i go last night. I am tired, long day...but I went!!!! Got there at 8....thought I would just do a couple of miles on the TM and get back home....by mile 3.1 I was feeling great...by 4...I thought , hey I dont feel tired...I went FIVE miles in one hour & 15 minutes!!:yay::yay::yay:

It must have been my new cool max NB socks I got on sale at sierratradingpost.com....:laughing:

Lynn5700
11-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi! I just came across your PTR. I will be running the half too! I can't wait!! Good luck with your training and good luck at the race :) You're doing well! Be proud.

maroo
11-19-2009, 12:01 PM
WOW! I am so impressed! :worship:

Are you walking that fast? Or also jogging?

Dolce27
11-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Congrats on your 5 miles!!! :thumbsup2

:cool1::cool1: It feels to be even more of an accomplishment because you didn't want to do anything last night but instead of being lazy about it, you went out and accomplished more than you expected! Go you!! :cool1:

DisneyBride'03
11-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Hi! I just came across your PTR. I will be running the half too! I can't wait!! Good luck with your training and good luck at the race :) You're doing well! Be proud.
Hey Lynn!!!!
Are you doing the WINE & DINE 1/2???
I peeked at your newest PTR :) wow, you are a runner...!!! I am a novice fast walker/author of PTR's...lol!!!
Seems just like yesterday you were planning your wedding! And now look at you:goodvibes I am usually in WDW for F&W..thought this run would be a great motivator for me and give me plenty of time to prepare!!!
WOW! I am so impressed! :worship:

Are you walking that fast? Or also jogging?I am in no way near :worship:status:rotfl:
just am fortunate enough to be almost 5'8" and can walk fast....still too leery abt jogging on the TM..lol havent attempted it yet!!!

DisneyBride'03
11-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Congrats on your 5 miles!!! :thumbsup2

:cool1::cool1: It feels to be even more of an accomplishment because you didn't want to do anything last night but instead of being lazy about it, you went out and accomplished more than you expected! Go you!! :cool1:

thanks so much for the words:) It was an awesome feeling to do 5! And that I kept my pace...:cool1:

I was so excited when I got home...and DH was falling alseep reading to DD3.5...so of course I was expecting a big reaction..even if he was half asleep..and didnt get one...lol...he has had a rough week at work....which I understood...and I thought, thats ok, cant wait to post on my PTR:)

So keeping this up really helps me to be accountable and keep me motivated!!:woohoo:

Lynn5700
11-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Hey! I'm running the Half during marathon weekend in January. I wish I could do the F&W!!!! Heck, I wish I could do all Disney races. If I lived down in Orlando I would be.

You're going to do great! I'm very excited for you!

If U Had Wings
11-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi! Joining in on your trip report. I'm planning on running the F&W 1/2 with a friend of mine in honor of my 40th birthday later that month. :eek: I just started running this year with the C25K program. I love it, but since it's got cold and it's dark now when I wake up in the morning I've been really bad about getting out and running. I need to get over my treadmill fear so I can train through the winter.

Dolce27
11-19-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm sad that I missed the last Tower of Terror race. :sad2: What a fun concept. I was flying home from Boston that day and thought … maybe a "lay-over" in Orlando would be good.... :rolleyes: but I needed to run several more miles that day than a 13k for my marathon training. If I lived around Orlando, I’d sign-up for everything.

DisneyBride'03
11-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Hey! I'm running the Half during marathon weekend in January. I wish I could do the F&W!!!! Heck, I wish I could do all Disney races. If I lived down in Orlando I would be.

You're going to do great! I'm very excited for you!Thanks Lynn:) I will have to jump onto your PTR..if there is room for another reader...lol and see how you are doing!!!

Hi! Joining in on your trip report. I'm planning on running the F&W 1/2 with a friend of mine in honor of my 40th birthday later that month. :eek: I just started running this year with the C25K program. I love it, but since it's got cold and it's dark now when I wake up in the morning I've been really bad about getting out and running. I need to get over my treadmill fear so I can train through the winter. I have to go back and check out that program!!! Congrats and thanks for joining in:) What a great way to celebrate your bday!! I will be 44(gasp) on Oct 13....4 has been my lucky # since the 4th grade....:laughing: so this is something I need to prove to myself I can accomplish!!!

I'm sad that I missed the last Tower of Terror race. :sad2: What a fun concept. I was flying home from Boston that day and thought … maybe a "lay-over" in Orlando would be good.... :rolleyes: but I needed to run several more miles that day than a 13k for my marathon training. If I lived around Orlando, I’d sign-up for everything.

You now, I wish I would have paid attention more to these races...there was a Race for the Taste one this year too! Although, wasnt in the I want to be in a healthy state of mind mode either...it took something with WINE and Dine in the title to catch my attention!!!:laughing:

TravelBug86
11-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Hello!!
I saw the ad for that wine and dine 1/2 marathon thing, too.... I really wanted to do it! Like you, I am realllly not a runner- the most I've run at the gym is 2 miles :rolleyes: However, I read that for this particular 1/2 marathon you have an option to split up the 13 miles with a relay partner- so I tried to convince my husband "you can run the 1st half and I'll run the 2nd half!" (He's ran the FULL Disney marathon, for crying out loud!) His reaction- "You actually think you can run 6.5 miles? :rotfl:"
:headache:
Oh well.. there's still time to try and convince him I guess! LOL

DisneyBride'03
11-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Hi Katie!!!

We have 10 mths..of course you can do it!!!! I am planning on doing my fast walk as of now....I am currently doing it in the correct time ....besides, the other day at the gym...the girl next to me was jogging while I was walking...and I looked over to her TM, very inconspicuously to see her speed...same as mine....
Just think of the incredible head start you would have with your DH!!
You can do it...I just walked 5 miles in 1 hr 15 minutes...and I am a beginner!!

TravelBug86
11-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Hi Katie!!!

We have 10 mths..of course you can do it!!!! I am planning on doing my fast walk as of now....I am currently doing it in the correct time ....besides, the other day at the gym...the girl next to me was jogging while I was walking...and I looked over to her TM, very inconspicuously to see her speed...same as mine....
You can do it...I just walked 5 miles in 1 hr 15 minutes...and I am a beginner!!

WOW! What speed are you walking on the treadmill?????

Dolce27
11-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Hello!!
I saw the ad for that wine and dine 1/2 marathon thing, too.... I really wanted to do it! Like you, I am realllly not a runner- the most I've run at the gym is 2 miles :rolleyes: However, I read that for this particular 1/2 marathon you have an option to split up the 13 miles with a relay partner- so I tried to convince my husband "you can run the 1st half and I'll run the 2nd half!" (He's ran the FULL Disney marathon, for crying out loud!) His reaction- "You actually think you can run 6.5 miles? :rotfl:"
:headache:
Oh well.. there's still time to try and convince him I guess! LOL

You can run the 1/2 in October. You've plenty of time to train. Google "C25k" and download the podcasts from Robert U -something (I can't recall his last name). It will have you running a 5k in nine weeks. Keep up the running, about 3 days/week, after you finish the nine week program to form a solid base. About July or so - began this ten week beginner half marathon training program:

10-Week Half Marathon Training Schedule

Week) Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun//Total
1) 3/ Rest/ 3/ 3/ Rest/ 4/ Rest// 13
2) 3/ Rest/ 4/ 3/ Rest/ 5/ Rest// 15
3) 3/ Rest/ 4/ 3/ Rest/ 6/ Rest// 16
4) 3/ Rest/ 5/ 3/ Rest/ 8/ Rest// 19
5) 3/ Rest/ 5/ 3/ Rest/ 10/ Rest// 21
6) 4/ Rest/ 5/ 4/ Rest/ 11/ Rest// 24
7) 4/ Rest/ 6/ 4/ Rest/ 12/ Rest// 26
8) 4/ Rest/ 5/ 4/ Rest/ 9/ Rest// 22
9) 3/ Rest/ 4/ 3/ Rest 8/ Rest// 18
10) 3/ Rest/ 3/ Walk/ 2/ Rest/ 13.1// Rest// 21.1

Here's a link to the site as I can't make that chart look very presentable: http://www.marathonrookie.com/half-marathon-training.html

I would try to do at least 90% of the runs outdoors. There really is a difference between the treadmill and running outside. Outside you have things factor in such as terrain, wind and various weather conditions which all make it tougher on your body than what a indoor treadmill does. If you have to train on a treadmill, keep the incline a 1 - 2% to make your run harder.

But, seriously, all of you on this thread can run the half marathon at Disney in Oct. if you’re willing to put in that type of training for it. It is very doable.

Sandy321
11-20-2009, 03:44 PM
:wave:
You know you have to stop being so excited about the wine and dine Half!! You may be contagious!! ;)

Glad you are doing the C25K before you do the 10 week beginner program - I think that is a good solid program - and just looking at doing 10 miles that is overwhelming! I still havent done it - but I have done 9 - I hope to do 10 this weekend...

DisneyBride'03
11-20-2009, 11:26 PM
WOW! What speed are you walking on the treadmill????? I am trying to be consistent at 4...have gone up to 4.3..however, I am trying to be consistent at this pace....I need to now adjust the TM on an incline soon and tackle that! I had just been working on the pace at this point to gauge where I am .

You can run the 1/2 in October. You've plenty of time to train. Google "C25k" and download the podcasts from Robert U -something (I can't recall his last name). It will have you running a 5k in nine weeks. Keep up the running, about 3 days/week, after you finish the nine week program to form a solid base. About July or so - began this ten week beginner half marathon training program:

10-Week Half Marathon Training Schedule

Week) Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun//Total
1) 3/ Rest/ 3/ 3/ Rest/ 4/ Rest// 13
2) 3/ Rest/ 4/ 3/ Rest/ 5/ Rest// 15
3) 3/ Rest/ 4/ 3/ Rest/ 6/ Rest// 16
4) 3/ Rest/ 5/ 3/ Rest/ 8/ Rest// 19
5) 3/ Rest/ 5/ 3/ Rest/ 10/ Rest// 21
6) 4/ Rest/ 5/ 4/ Rest/ 11/ Rest// 24
7) 4/ Rest/ 6/ 4/ Rest/ 12/ Rest// 26
8) 4/ Rest/ 5/ 4/ Rest/ 9/ Rest// 22
9) 3/ Rest/ 4/ 3/ Rest 8/ Rest// 18
10) 3/ Rest/ 3/ Walk/ 2/ Rest/ 13.1// Rest// 21.1

Here's a link to the site as I can't make that chart look very presentable: http://www.marathonrookie.com/half-marathon-training.html

I would try to do at least 90% of the runs outdoors. There really is a difference between the treadmill and running outside. Outside you have things factor in such as terrain, wind and various weather conditions which all make it tougher on your body than what a indoor treadmill does. If you have to train on a treadmill, keep the incline a 1 - 2% to make your run harder.

But, seriously, all of you on this thread can run the half marathon at Disney in Oct. if you’re willing to put in that type of training for it. It is very doable. Great points here and thanks again for mentioning them!

I need to get outside and gauge my time....the TM is good discipline as the belt keeps you going...flat surface..no weather conditions. Today I timed myself for the 5K I have in just 2 short weeks, doing the walk part of it (!) and my time was 46 min 40 sec....however, I know I could have a big rude awakening during the 5K with being outdoors and I know the walk will be hilly etc...its thru a golf course.

I am hoping to walk outside next week when Ava is in preschool...my first step was to get back into the groove of JUST getting back to the gym!
:laughing:
:wave:
You know you have to stop being so excited about the wine and dine Half!! You may be contagious!! ;)

Glad you are doing the C25K before you do the 10 week beginner program - I think that is a good solid program - and just looking at doing 10 miles that is overwhelming! I still havent done it - but I have done 9 - I hope to do 10 this weekend...

Contagious?? Thats the nicest thing I have heard all day!:rotfl:

9 is awesome Sandy!!!

TyRy
11-21-2009, 07:44 AM
I'm here, I'm here, and I won't be there again next year when you ladies are! :headache: Congrats on doing the half marathon...I've never run, so I have no advice on that, except that the running shoes I do use for my treadmill have always been great...either Mizuno or Asics.

We'll be there a couple weeks after you this time. Maybe in two more years we can get back on track and be back to our regular time :rotfl:

maroo
11-23-2009, 08:01 AM
How ya doing?!?!

:cheer2: GO! :cheer2: GO! :cheer2:

You can do it!

CJsMom
11-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Hi Katie!!!

You must be keeping up a good pace! That's awesome!! :cheer2:

DisneyBride'03
12-14-2009, 06:08 PM
accck...some preTR author I am!!!

Yes, life has kept me busy and I havent been disiplined enough to keep this up..shame on me!!

Lots to catch up on...I did my first 5 K on Dec 5th..and beat my TR time....I was doing 13 minute miles walking:) And it was barely 30 degrees..and hilly!!

I leave this Thurs for WDW...now I am taking my 3.5 yr old:) woohoo....It was a girls getaway for me, (feeling guilty abt not taking her, she has been once already this year) anyway, last night my DH says....figure how much it will cost to take her...lol

That HGTV WDW Holiday show got him...lol...so we are leaving a day early, got an AP rate at POP for $54 woohoo...then one night AKL and then 2 nights with my friend at FQ:)

Besides everything else going on...I have fallen behind in my gym visits:(

Hope everyone is well:)
I will be back....sooner...promise!

PNO4TE
12-14-2009, 10:00 PM
I was hoping for an update, my friend! ;)

Flossbolna
12-15-2009, 02:03 AM
Congratulations on the great time for the 5k! :cool1:

And have a wonderful trip to WDW! Staying at three resorts for four nights must be some kind of record! :goodvibes

PNO4TE
12-15-2009, 08:44 AM
And have a wonderful trip to WDW! Staying at three resorts for four nights must be some kind of record! :goodvibes

It's her own fault! :rotfl2: (well, technically it is herBob's fault!)

DisneyBride'03
12-15-2009, 11:16 AM
It's her own fault! :rotfl2: (well, technically it is herBob's fault!)

It is myBob's fault...lol...if eveything was left alone and I *didnt* listen to my husband....:laughing:there would have been none of this!!:lmao:

Plans set back in August...Ava and I going....then within the next few mths, things got complicated with schedules....our big cruise coming up..so "we agreed" we would wait and do another WDW trip...but I really wanted to see my friends in the World at Christmas....then October rolls around and things changed a bit for Elin, and she offers me something I cant refuse:)
Fast forward to Sunday night....he makes his comment...with 4 days before I leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared1:

Luckily, it has all worked out and we get an extra night:)

Guess I should start packing...was suppose to get to the gym this afternoon but may go tomorrow...have to get in once before I leave!

DisneyBride'03
12-15-2009, 11:25 AM
How ya doing?!?!

:cheer2: GO! :cheer2: GO! :cheer2:

You can do it!
I am back!!! How are things with you??
You must be keeping up a good pace! That's awesome!! :cheer2:
Thanks for your support...I need it:)
Congratulations on the great time for the 5k! :cool1:

And with a 3.5 yr old.....cant wait....lol....it will be an adventure...she calls AKL the Zoo Hotel...:laughing: we are just there one night and the rest at FQ...LOL..I changed this morning from POP to FQ for $39....this way....Ava will just see 2 hotels.....so when we check out at FQ, I can tell her we are coming back after the Zoo Hotel...and Laura is at FQ on our arrival day too:) Before she changes!!!

As far as the 5K , I still cant believe my time!! I was aching the rest of the day, but by the next day I was great.
I do have pics to post...lol...MYBob did the walk with me....I signed him up..lol..he use to be a runner...so he would go ahead...take pics....ran ahead to get me crossing the finish line...although I had my music on the whole time and didnt talk to him...lol..Afraid he would slow me down....

Funny thing....he was the only male walker in his age group...45-49....and he won an award!!!!

He was named.......MASTER WALKER!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
SO I wanted that award ! LOL But found out the lady who beat me by a minute was running part of the way:rolleyes1
Anyway, Bob was a bit embarassed and didnt want to get up and get his award...(christmas tree ornament)since older guys than him were running.....
Told him, it could have been worse....he was just called a Master.....walker:laughing:

Flossbolna
12-15-2009, 02:13 PM
What a fun story about the 5k and yourBob (those Bobs are confusing!) becoming Master Walker! :rotfl:

tiggrbaby
12-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Congrats on your 5K!

DisneyBride'03
01-03-2010, 01:38 PM
What a fun story about the 5k and yourBob (those Bobs are confusing!) becoming Master Walker! :rotfl:
Yes...he is proud of his new moniker...lol
Congrats on your 5K!

Thanks so much!:goodvibes

DisneyBride'03
01-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Happy New Year!!! Peace, Love & Joy to ALL!!!
Guess what my New year's resolution is?! lol

Ummm...not to disappear from my OWN Pre TR!!! LOL

For those who may re-visit....lol

Had an enjoyable Christmas..my youngest (Ava 3.5) and I were able to sneak away to Disney for a 4 night stay:) Woohoo!!

We did 3 nights POFQ and one night AKL!!!

I will post some pics....it was a wonderful trip!!

My friend Elin (PNO4TE) invited us to room with her for a few nights, and Ava had the best time ever!!!
We were upgraded to a SV at AKL from our pool view room!

Donald and Daisy Duck and Chip and Dale visited AKl and AVa got to take pics with them!!
We really had a resort day at AKL!

My other wonderful friend Laura (RachelTori) had booked CP/Biergarten for all of us...that was amazing!!!
Her darling daughter and her friend hung out with Ava during CP (and the wait ) and took her to EVERY country in WS and helped her with her mask and the Kid COts!!!
Ava saw Santa at DTD....made ornaments at AKL...saw the Castle light up...we had a wonderful breakfast at GF Cafe...dinner at Boma...Elin had a special Christmas tree that Ava was able to help decorate and place the star on top....to which she exclaimed...."This is the BEST CHristmas ever".....

Ava was able to enjoy Christmas time at Disney, so was I , and I was able to share it with wonderful friends:goodvibes

UP Next...** Pics from Christmas Trip
** Update on work outs and the gym
** Update on accomodations for WIne & Dine 1/2

And they changed F & W DATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DisneyBride'03
01-03-2010, 03:13 PM
ok..some Christmas pics from WDW...

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/chrstms_wdw09-009.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/chrstms_wdw09-014.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/chrstms_wdw09-017.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/chrstms_wdw09-025.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/chrstms_wdw09-039.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/chrstms_wdw09-062.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/chrstms_wdw09-072.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/chrstms_wdw09-096.jpg

DisneyBride'03
01-03-2010, 03:22 PM
An awesome CM pointed us in the right direction where Princess and THe Frog (Prince) lol were without hardly a wait...truly a highlight as AVa just saw the film last week!!!
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/Christmas%20at%20WDW%202009/chrstms_wdw09-101-1.jpg

Ava and Elin (PNO4TE) singing "ITs a Small WOrld"....
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/Christmas%20at%20WDW%202009/chrstms_wdw09-106.jpg

Yes, she is sleeping..upon entering MK for Cinderella Castle Lighting...and she slept through the Celebrate Parade...
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/Christmas%20at%20WDW%202009/chrstms_wdw09-110.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/Christmas%20at%20WDW%202009/chrstms_wdw09-114.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/Christmas%20at%20WDW%202009/chrstms_wdw09-113.jpg

DisneyBride'03
01-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Loved FQ!!
Ava getting ready for breakfast at GF Cafe...
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/Christmas%20at%20WDW%202009/chrstms_wdw09-131.jpg

Ava and a very small part of the GF Tree! lol
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/Christmas%20at%20WDW%202009/chrstms_wdw09-132.jpg

DisneyBride'03
01-03-2010, 03:39 PM
My friend Laura (RachelTori) helping my DD with the Medallion coloring at AKL...
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/chrstms_wdw09-029.jpg

I really wish they would bring back this TV channel back to the resort rooms! And I love this pic cause you can see Laura's hand taking another pic..:rotfl2:http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/chrstms_wdw09-040.jpg

DisneyBride'03
01-03-2010, 03:53 PM
The next 3 photo credits go to PNO4TE!

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/19064_1238314411590_1641150983_5820.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/19064_1238315771624_1641150983_5820.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/19064_1238315331613_1641150983_5820.jpg

RachelTori
01-03-2010, 04:47 PM
YAY - AN UPDATE!!! :woohoo:

Hope you don't mind if I add a couple pics! ;)

Where were we, what had we been doing (besides getting rained on!! :laughing:) and who's that sleeping in your lap?
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/HappyPictures_WDW/Dec2009wdw3/DSCN5852.jpg

Totally adorable! :cloud9:
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/HappyPictures_WDW/Dec2009wdw4/DSCN5880.jpg

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/HappyPictures_WDW/Dec2009wdw4/DSCN5895.jpg

DisneyBride'03
01-03-2010, 04:57 PM
I look hammered..lol...oh wait...it was right after the stroller melt down..lol...well it better be Ava in my lap and not the intoxicated person next to us...lol

That's a cute pic of us in the Cave....:) ANd of course...Ava always ready for the next photo op! lol

maroo
01-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Oh my gosh!!

We were at AKL that same day! Such a bummer! I wish I could have met you guys!

Great job on the 5K!! :)

DisneyBride'03
01-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Oh my gosh!!

We were at AKL that same day! Such a bummer! I wish I could have met you guys!

Great job on the 5K!! :)

How was your trip??? We probably walked right past one another! lol
Now I thought I saw something you are going to stay at FQ ..which trip is that?! lol

I really enjoyed it there too!

Thanks..have not been in the training mode...happy I did the 5K...now have to get back into the gym mode again!!!
I have to go and check up on your PRE TR!

PNO4TE
01-03-2010, 07:35 PM
YAY - AN UPDATE!!! :woohoo:

Hope you don't mind if I add a couple pics! ;)

Where were we, what had we been doing (besides getting rained on!! :laughing:) and who's that sleeping in your lap?
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/HappyPictures_WDW/Dec2009wdw3/DSCN5852.jpg

Love this! Now, can you just stick my face on top of Diana's for the rest of the week? :rotfl2:

DisneyBride'03
01-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Really.....cant recall how many FB pics I saw of different concoctions you were enjoying at the Ditch! lol

If U Had Wings
01-04-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm so happy for you that you snuck in a short trip to Disney. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time.

DisneyBride'03
01-04-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm so happy for you that you snuck in a short trip to Disney. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time.

Now I have to get serious and get back to the gym!

Love your new ticker and what it says!!!

So what are your plans so far???:goodvibes

TyRy
01-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Happy New Year - looks like your trip with Ava was soooo much fun. I can't believe how big she is now! Hope the training is going well.

DisneyBride'03
01-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Happy New Year - looks like your trip with Ava was soooo much fun. I can't believe how big she is now! Hope the training is going well.

Hi!! How are you?!:goodvibes

Happy New Year to you and the MR.:)

How was he during the holidays:flower3:?

THey changed the dates of Food & Wine festival...a week later...ugh so now our arrival dates are 9/30!

Do you have any plans on the horizon?

Ava is growing and growing...she had a wonderful time with Elin and Laura and her family:)
THis trip Ava actually started whining..(dont know where she got that from..lol) at the ME pick up stop..that she didnt want to leave...wanted to go back to the room...then I kiddingly said , "Daddy needs to send us more money"...THen...she started saying in front of everyone....Tell Daddy to send more money:rotfl2:
Then she wanted Daddy to come to the hotel....she was ready to head back home:laughing:

Elin has some great pics on her TR too!!

CJsMom
01-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Happy New Year! Looks like you ladies had a fun trip!! :thumbsup2

PNO4TE
01-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Just wanted to pipe in here and say that Disney really didn't change the dates for F&W. It has always been about 6 weeks long lasting from "around" the 1st of October through the "middle" of November. The past few years the calendar made that mean it started in September, but it is back where it used to be years ago!

How is your training going, Diana?

DisneyBride'03
01-04-2010, 11:18 PM
I did not know that! lol Maybe one of these yrs I can time it where I actually wake up on Disney on my bday!

Training temporarily at a standstill...feel blah

Hitting the gym tomorrow!

PNO4TE
01-05-2010, 06:07 AM
I did not know that! lol Maybe one of these yrs I can time it where I actually wake up on Disney on my bday!

Training temporarily at a standstill...feel blah

Hitting the gym tomorrow!

:cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: (for support)!!

If U Had Wings
01-05-2010, 09:18 AM

Now I have to get serious and get back to the gym!

Love your new ticker and what it says!!!

So what are your plans so far???:goodvibes

Scarily I haven't made too many plans yet. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by trying to fit in everything we want to do on that trip. I'm going with my BFF and she really wants to go to Universal in October. I don't know how I'm going to fit it all in. :confused: I hate giving up Disney days, especially as I have an AP this year.

Right now I'm planning on arriving the day before the 1/2 and staying for a week afterwards. I'd wish they'd release the discounted rates for the hotels so I could make a better decision. I'd love to stay at the Yacht Club, staying at the Boardwalk Inn spoiled me this last trip, and it is going to be a major birthday for me this year. :) Probably I'll be staying at Port Orleans though, unless they offer a really good rate for the Yacht Club.

I really need to get on track with training though. I haven't run anywhere in 2 months due to back to back respratory infections, and bronchitis. I'm feeling so out of shape!

My brother has nearly convinced me to do a 10K in June as a bit of a checkpoint to keep me on track with my training. He's going to be doing the 1/2 marathon, and my nieces will be doing the kids mile run. I think I'm going to talk my SIL into doing the 10K with me.

TyRy
01-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi!! How are you?!:goodvibes

Happy New Year to you and the MR.:)

How was he during the holidays:flower3:?

Mark was ok at times and ehhhh at others. He's having a bit of a rough go of it right now, but he'll get better soon. There were a couple of times during the holidays that I almost picked up the phone to call her about something and then it would hit me :sad2:. Next weekend would have been the DIL's 50th wedding anniversary, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

And now that I've depressed everyone ;).....

THey changed the dates of Food & Wine festival...a week later...ugh so now our arrival dates are 9/30!

Do you have any plans on the horizon?

I'm glad Elin answered this as I started to freak out. It was getting earlier and earlier in September so I can understand why they changed the start date this year. We will miss you guys again as we are (at least right now) heading down on October 14th with my parents.[/QUOTE]

Ava is growing and growing...she had a wonderful time with Elin and Laura and her family:)
THis trip Ava actually started whining..(dont know where she got that from..lol) at the ME pick up stop..that she didnt want to leave...wanted to go back to the room...then I kiddingly said , "Daddy needs to send us more money"...THen...she started saying in front of everyone....Tell Daddy to send more money:rotfl2:
Then she wanted Daddy to come to the hotel....she was ready to head back home:laughing:

Elin has some great pics on her TR too!!

I LOVE that....I think I've told DH the exact same thing :rotfl: and I'll have to check out Elin's trippie. popcorn::

Totally separate note, but let me know if you will be doing the Light the Night again this summer...we may join you.