PDA

View Full Version : Re-furbished Space Mountain sneak preview

wickesy
11-10-2009, 02:15 PM
The Disney Parks Blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/11/walt-disney-world%E2%80%99s-classic-space-mountain-attraction-to-reopen-with-a-few-surprises/) has just posted a couple of sneak preview pics and some information about the new Space Mountain queue area.

With the update, the storyline is being extended – and you’ll be able to take part.

Passengers will be able to immerse themselves in unique game play as they prepare for blast off, becoming part of the space station adventure. During a recent walkthrough, we deflected asteroids to keep runways clear as part of the story.

The interactive experiences are based on duties you’d find on board a long-traveling space craft, according to Walt Disney Imagineering Senior Show Designer Alex Wright. Each game lasts about 90 seconds with a 90-second interval and the games can accommodate 86 players at one time.

It's not a ride we do as we're both thrill ride wimps but sounds like it could be fun.

howlongtillsummer?
11-10-2009, 02:56 PM
My DD is scared of this one. Fine on RocknRoller but needs to be side by side with me or DH.

Was hoping they might have changed that

:sad2:

But thanks for posting :)

catherine
11-11-2009, 01:23 AM
Thanks for posting that! :thumbsup2 I hope that it re-opens on time as we really love this ride and can't wait to go on it when we're there in Dec! :cool1: :cool1:

natalielongstaff
11-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Wow, its such a shame we missed this ride...it was strange seeing it from the tta all lit up :)

disney_princess_85
11-11-2009, 03:36 AM
Thanks for posting David, looks interesting! :thumbsup2

it was strange seeing it from the tta all lit up :)

It was, I agree!

merlin307
11-11-2009, 06:43 AM
looks good...much brighter inside
here's another link with a video http://www.doingfloridaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3088

jackieleanne
11-12-2009, 02:27 AM
Thanks for that I can't wait to do this looks great. :) I love all the mountains. :)

wilma-bride
11-12-2009, 04:34 AM
Rea was really gutted to have missed Space Mountain last month but I am sure she will be very excited to see the changes as it's her favourite ride :)