PDA

View Full Version : Flying with a Stroller - Southwest

Tiggs14
11-09-2009, 08:13 PM
We're flying Southwest in January and will have a double jogging stroller with us. Can we gate check it and if so is it waiting for us when we get off the plane or do we have to go somewhere to pick it up?

We were in a stoller swap during our last trip but it doesn't seem there are any of them running now.

stephd219
11-09-2009, 08:36 PM
We generally gate check two strollers when we fly with SW. We're given a tag for the stroller that we then attach to the bag that we use to hold the stroller. I don't think a bag is necessary; you could just attach the gate check ticket to the stroller itself. One of our strollers is really light-colored, so I try to avoid any more dirt than necessary. We wheel the strollers right to the gate and leave it there. When we get off, the stroller is right on the side waiting for us. Couldn't be easier!

NJ Kat
11-10-2009, 03:02 AM
We have a double stroller that folds up similar to an umbrella stroller. Great stroller - only weighs 15 lbs folded. We always just gate check it, and it's alwasy there as we get off the plane.

SilverMickey
11-10-2009, 08:46 AM
We gate checked our strollers several times... once the stroller wasn't waiting for us when we headed up the gang plank... so we picked it up in baggage claim.

ljcrochet
11-10-2009, 10:26 AM
I have gate check my combi double stroller many times on southwest. Just get at tag when you get to the gate.

TJA
11-10-2009, 01:36 PM
We travel frequently on SW with a double jogger (Baby Jogger City Series). What we do is put it in a bag and check it in as a piece of luggage. We do this outside at the curbside check-in and have never had a problem.