PDA

View Full Version : My poor kitten. Updated.

joolz1910
11-09-2009, 04:16 AM
:sad1:
Some of you might remember that we adopted an abandoned kitten a few months ago. Well, some time yesterday she sustained terrible injuries. The vet said it was consistent with being hit by a car. Somehow she managed to drag herself home. I had noticed that she had stayed in her basket during evening but had no idea that she was injured. :guilty:

I took her to the emergency vets and he assessed her. She had a fractured pelvis, a ruptured spleen, a torn diaphragm and possible brain damage. I can't stop crying. She has had an operation this morning and has survived that. It is too early to say any more.

The vets bills are close to 3,000, so I am really hoping that my insurance will cover this. It just added to the stress that nobody will give me a definite answer about that.

I can't believe that someone has injured my cat and left her for dead. I can't stop thinking about the pain she must have been in. What makes it worse is that we live in a quiet cul-de-sac, so I can't help wondering how she came to be so badly hurt.

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr19/Joolz1910/ebay3813.jpg

Please keep your fingers crossed for Sooty.

disney_princess_85
11-09-2009, 04:22 AM
That's terrible, best of luck for Sooty. :hug:

scottish mum
11-09-2009, 04:35 AM
poor kitten, hope she pulls through ok.

T16GEM
11-09-2009, 04:36 AM
I'm so sorry that this has happened. We had the same happen with our cat,and we too live in a quiet cul-de-sac. They just left him there, unfortunatley he wasn't so lucky as to make it home, if it were me I would make a point of looking at their ID tag and at least taking them home, some people are very heartless though. :sad2:

please keep us updated :hug:

tennisfan
11-09-2009, 04:36 AM
I hope Sooty survives, poor thing:hug:

Ware Bears
11-09-2009, 04:37 AM
Oh no, that's terrible. :hug: :hug: :hug: for you and Sooty, hope she makes a full recovery. :wizard: :wizard:

Pinky166
11-09-2009, 04:46 AM
Oh Juliette that is horrid. Big hugs for you. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope Sooty pulls through it all, the poor little thing. :wizard: :hug:

As for your insurance, you'll need to looked at the amounts it covers. We found out the hard way with one of my dogs as with our policy each condition is only covered for 12 months or 1500 which ever is exceeded first. :headache: Good luck with yours. :wizard:

jen_uk
11-09-2009, 04:55 AM
That is horrible, how could anyone leave an animal like that? :headache:

Hope Sooty is ok :hug::hug::hug:

natalielongstaff
11-09-2009, 05:30 AM
oh no poor sooty, i hope the car driver wasnt aware that they had hit her :hug:

Claire L
11-09-2009, 05:36 AM
Oh poor Sooty, hope she is on the mend soon :cat:

Claire ;)

mandymouse
11-09-2009, 06:53 AM
:hug: Hugs for you Juliette :wizard: I hope Sooty will be soon on the mend

torsie24
11-09-2009, 07:13 AM
Poor Sooty, and poor you.

I hope it's all good news.

One of my friends cats was hit head on by a car and had to have loads of surgery (sounds like Sotty) but that was years ago and you wouldn't know at all now! (Except he has a funny little snore where his face got damaged) So there is hope for her being back to normal!

:hug:

CustardTart
11-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Fingers and everything crossed for poor Sooty... :hug: :hug: :hug:

joolz1910
11-09-2009, 11:56 AM
I've been to see her today and it looks like she is on the mend. She is responding much better than she was. The vet says she's not out of the woods yet, but the indications are good.

The vet says that the bill should come in at under 4000, as long as there are no further complications. My insurance policy covers me for up to 4000 per condition/injury.

I was so relieved to see her little face poking out of the blanket at the vets, that I burst into tears.

Thank you for all your kind wishes.:goodvibes

disney_princess_85
11-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I've been to see her today and it looks like she is on the mend. She is responding much better than she was. The vet says she's not out of the woods yet, but the indications are good.

The vet says that the bill should come in at under 4000, as long as there are no further complications. My insurance policy covers me for up to 4000 per condition/injury.

I was so relieved to see her little face poking out of the blanket at the vets, that I burst into tears.

That's excellent news, I'm really glad to hear it. :goodvibes Here's hoping Sooty will keep getting better. :wizard:

(Scary vet fees by the way, thank God you were covered!)

CustardTart
11-09-2009, 12:08 PM
I'll keep on crossing those fingers for Sooty... :goodvibes

Thank goodness you have the insurance!!! :hug:

natalielongstaff
11-09-2009, 12:26 PM
glad to hear she is on the mend, bless her :hug:

saratogagirl
11-09-2009, 12:37 PM
poor Sooty, I am so pleased to hear she is on the mend

T16GEM
11-09-2009, 12:38 PM
great news! glad to hear that she is on the mend! :)

mandymouse
11-09-2009, 12:40 PM

:hug: I'm so pleased that Sooty is on the mend

Pinky166
11-09-2009, 01:03 PM
That is such great news. Carry on fighting little Sooty. :wizard:

Lots of hugs to you too. :hug:

joolz1910
11-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks everyone. Now I've calmed down and Sooty is recovering, I'm starting to worry about the insurance. I just have a dread about them finding a way of getting out of paying. The vet couldn't see a problem as the procedures were essential and the it certainly wasn't a pre-existing condition! I took the insurance out on 10/10 and it said they would not pay out within 14 days, so that's ok, as we are past that date. I have checked that the first premium payment was successfully taken from my bank last week. I am a born worrier, mainly because we haven't got 4000!

Do you think we will be ok?

T16GEM
11-09-2009, 04:15 PM
When I knocked down my cat myself (he was excited to see me arrive home and ran straight out infront of me and I didn't see him) I had to rush him to the vets and it was much the same as what has happened with Sooty, the vet managed to fix him up pretty well, and the vet was really helpful. He was in a bad way and I was feeding him custard off my hand for three days in the vets, The bill was over 2500 but Fraggle wasn't insured and there was no way that we could have found that kind of money, the vet halved the bill for us as that was really all we had at the time - we had just moved in together and were really stretched financially.

We were very very grateful to them for there help and I'm sure that no vet worth their salt would ever let your animal suffer because of the money issue.

If your insurance said that it was ok to claim after a certain date then I would of thought that it will be fine, stay calm and concentrate on getting your little kitty home!

joolz1910
11-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks. I am such a worrier. I am looking forward to having her home on Wednesday.

natalielongstaff
11-09-2009, 04:35 PM
who's the insurer ?

Deedee
11-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Hope Sooty will be ok as a cat lover myself i can imagine how you must be feeling right now:hug: