PDA

View Full Version : pirate meal

martinrmn
11-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Has anyone done the Pirate meal? I am curious as our son is 9 and we fancy something different one night. Is it worth going considering its not cheap?:thumbsup2

jmagla
11-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi Martin,
This tends to crop up now and again. We have been three times and all I can say is that both my sons really enjoyed it, however as I am sure we will see, many do not - which has always been a mystery to me. The show is great for kids and they can get dressed into uniform and go on the ship, would I go to see it with my wife on our own..no, I love to see the enjoyment the children get from it and that is enough for me. The food is average but edible and the beer is wet!

poggs
11-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Has anyone done the Pirate meal? I am curious as our son is 9 and we fancy something different one night. Is it worth going considering its not cheap?:thumbsup2

Done it twice now. Absolutely loathed it. However my 2 boys aged 10 and 7 totally loved loved loved it. It was their favourite part of the holiday.

When you go in they try and get you to get your photo taken in front of a backdrop with a silly hat and eye patch etc on. Really hard to get out of this so easier just to let them take the thing.

You will then be sheperded into the pre show area which has lots of stalls giving away free food and a pay bar. About 30 mins before the doors open, a wee pre show will take place on a stage. It was ok. magician for a bit, then a baddie, boo hiss etc, you get the picture?

The show itself. Well there is a lot of bench seating around a pirate ship in the centre. you get allocated a colour of pirate and every-time he appears you are to cheer. Its loud.

The waiters then come around and give you a beer/wine or juice. before a salad. Then the entree is a basic chopped steak / chicken or veg dish, followed by a cheesecake.

During this the waiter will try and get you to spend $30 on the tacky photo you had taken earlier.

For the next 90 minutes, your ears will be falling off as you watch a really ropey story about pirates being kidnapped or something and you get to leave.

As I said, not one for the adults, but < 12 year old boys seem to absolutely love it.

So who's holiday is it you must ask yourself?

minimandymouse
11-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Meal was awful
never came and topped up drinks even though we shouted and shouted
and still expected a huge tip
never again waste of money
rather go to ponderosa:eek: