PDA

View Full Version : changing flight after airtran changes schedule

cjnix29
11-07-2009, 03:04 PM
What leeway do they give you in picking your new flight? Does it have to be the same day? Same airport? They changed our schedule to a really lousy time. There isn't anything that works better for us. I dont' want to cancel and rebook, because I used the $25 vouchers. Any ideas?

castlefor2
11-07-2009, 04:16 PM
We were given the option of leaving on an earlier flight that day. We declined this as they weren't direct flights. So we were able to leave a day early w/o any additional costs. I think it depends on seat availability.

cjnix29
11-07-2009, 04:23 PM
I just called airtran. Got the nicest customer service person. I was able to change airports, better flight times, and got to keep my seat assigments I got free through kayak. Yippee!!!

cbrfan
11-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Way to go!! People complain about AirTran changing flight times. I can see where it's a problem in limited markets, but I use to my advantage. I purchase the least expensive flight that has times I live with and pray for a schedule change. When it happens, I jump on the more expensive non-stop or change dates. Whatever I like best. I always look at the flight times posted and guess at which flight is most likely to be changed or eliminated and choose that one.

kristenrice
11-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Way to go!! People complain about AirTran changing flight times. I can see where it's a problem in limited markets, but I use to my advantage. I purchase the least expensive flight that has times I live with and pray for a schedule change. When it happens, I jump on the more expensive non-stop or change dates. Whatever I like best. I always look at the flight times posted and guess at which flight is most likely to be changed or eliminated and choose that one.

Same here:thumbsup2. I drive 2.5 hours to Detroit, just to fly AT, even though I am 10 minutes from the Grand Rapids airport. They have the greatest customer service:yay:.