PDA

View Full Version : Gavin's Wish Comes True!! MAW

Pages : [1] 2

Momofwishkid
11-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Im am so excited to be making our pre-trip report finally. To me it feels as though I've been lurking and reading others trip reports forever. Ok, it's only been a few weeks :)
So let me start by introducing my little family to you all.
First there's me. My name is Jennifer (31)SAHM to 3 wonderful kids and recently started homeschooling.
DH- Joe (32) works in the HVAC (or air conditioning) field and a wonderful hubby and father.
DD-My oldest Kia (11) and still my little princess although she is definetley getting that Im almost a teenager attitude :rotfl:
DS- Gavin (8) the whole reason were getting to take this wish trip. Gavin was always a pretty healthy little boy other than the constant ear infections and severe exzema, he also had a slight developmental delay. Until this past August when he woke up seizing we toke him to the ER where they initially told us he had multiple brain tumors and was hemmoraging. He was air lifted to Children's in Seattle and we learned he has cavernous malformations. A rare disease where they develop abnormal blood vessels in the brain and spinal cord that get all tangeled up and form masses which slowly bleed and in some rare cases like ours they can rupture. So he had surgery to remove the mass that was hemmoraging (tennis ball size!!) and after 2 months in the hospital and rehab, since the surgery left his left side paralyzed. He is doing much better except for the numerous nerological issues. He still has 8-10 masses that we are doing monthly MRI's to monitor. At least already has a slow bleed on it so we have a long road ahead but Im thankful he's still here with us.
DS- Caiden (6) Is my little rebel. All boy and full of energy. Just constantley on the go but he has that side of him that's the sweetest little boy ever. Shhh dont tell him I know it's there! :)

So that's us. We met with our wish granters last week and with the help of a collage Gavin was able to express his wish to go to Disney World and meet Buzz and Woody from Toy Story and also Captain Jack sparrow! None of us have ever been but are sooo excited. We dont have our dates yet but it looks like somewhere between mid Feb. and mid March.
I cant wait to get started on our DFN's. I know I ran across a site that had ideas for DFN's but cant remember where it was :confused3 If anyone can help me with that link Id appreciate it.
Sorry this was a little long I hope you'll stick around and follow us on our little journey to the World!!
This pic is Gavin and I the day he was released from the hospital
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/pups5weeks052.jpg
and this is daddy and the kids at a local theme park
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/kids036.jpg

maroo
11-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Hello Jennifer!! :)

I am so glad you guys are going to Disney on your wish trip!!

I can't wait to hear more about dates and help you guys plan! :)

Woo Hoo!

I will put a link to your report on the Wish Trippers Thread, too. (Blue link below)

teresajoy
11-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Wonderful start to your PTR!!! I have a special place in my heart for Gavins! :lovestruc

I can't wait to read more !

yinyanggirls
11-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Ah, the suspense of waiting for dates!:rolleyes1 I am actually making myself wait until we have our dates before I start the official PTR. Until then I just harass everyone on the Wish Trip thread. :lmao: Do you guys live in WA state? I have some family in Spokane and we are hoping for an eventual transfer (several possible locations) at some point. It's on my to-do list to find out what I can about the medical facilities, professionals, and the special ed in the schools there. Maybe you're my new contact?:worship: PM me if you have time!

pipersmom
11-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah! Another pre-trip...your fam sounds very sweet. Looking forward to following the thread :)

Momofwishkid
11-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Hello Jennifer!! :)

I am so glad you guys are going to Disney on your wish trip!!

I can't wait to hear more about dates and help you guys plan! :)

Woo Hoo!

I will put a link to your report on the Wish Trippers Thread, too. (Blue link below)

Thanks for the welcome and for posting the link on the wish trippers board. How do we put a link in our siggies??

Momofwishkid
11-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Wonderful start to your PTR!!! I have a special place in my heart for Gavins! :lovestruc

I can't wait to read more !

Thank you, I cant wait to start more planning once our dates become official. I read your story of precious Quinn and Gavin and was so touched. Im so sorry for the losses you have had. I to suffered to early miscarriges and understand the grief andhaving to deal with people just not getting it.

PEANUT1
11-08-2009, 12:19 AM
yay!! so happy for your wish:thumbsup2

Momofwishkid
11-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Yeah! Another pre-trip...your fam sounds very sweet. Looking forward to following the thread :)

Thank you. I hope I can do as good a job at this pre-trip thing as some of the others I have read. :)

Momofwishkid
11-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Ah, the suspense of waiting for dates!:rolleyes1 I am actually making myself wait until we have our dates before I start the official PTR. Until then I just harass everyone on the Wish Trip thread. :lmao: Do you guys live in WA state? I have some family in Spokane and we are hoping for an eventual transfer (several possible locations) at some point. It's on my to-do list to find out what I can about the medical facilities, professionals, and the special ed in the schools there. Maybe you're my new contact?:worship: PM me if you have time!

I know the waiting for dates is very suspensefull. I hope you get your soon. I had originally wanted to wait for dates before starting my PT report but got to excited :rotfl:
Yes, we live in Wa state and would be happy to help answer any questions you have. I'll send you a PM if I can figure it out.:)

Momofwishkid
11-08-2009, 12:10 PM
We had our first DFN last night. Nothing to fancy we watched Dumbo and I made elephant ears for dessert. Yummy!! It had been awhile since I've seen Dumbo and forgot what a cute and sad movie it is. If we get our mid Feb. to mid March dates, we have 15 to 18 weeks of DFN's to go. I have to start working on a schedule of movies to watch. We own at least 20 Disney movies but I think I want to rent some we dont have just for that refresher. Any ideas for the best Mickey movie to watch. The kids all know Mickey and the crew but it's been awhile since we've actually watched anything Mickey.

StefaniLyn
11-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Congrats on Gavin getting his wish! I remember the suspense of waiting for us as well as our dates were determined way back in June or July (I think) and our trip is in December. DFNs and a countdown calendar really have helped pass the time and increase the excitement for the trip! We have done a whole bunch of DFN's and if you're interested, you can check them out on my PTR. The link is in my signature at the bottom of this post. Most of the DFNs are linked on the first page so you won't have to wade through many pages of other stuff.

Congratulations again and Happy Planning!

kdzbear
11-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Welcome! :welcome: I am glad Gavin was able to make a collage to express his wish and that they granted it. You will have so much planning and then going on your trip!

Momofwishkid
11-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Congrats on Gavin getting his wish! I remember the suspense of waiting for us as well as our dates were determined way back in June or July (I think) and our trip is in December. DFNs and a countdown calendar really have helped pass the time and increase the excitement for the trip! We have done a whole bunch of DFN's and if you're interested, you can check them out on my PTR. The link is in my signature at the bottom of this post. Most of the DFNs are linked on the first page so you won't have to wade through many pages of other stuff.

Congratulations again and Happy Planning!

Thank you so much I will be checking out your PTR for ideas. I really need to spice my movie nights up. Are you the one that did the countdown with the mickey heads?? Love that!

Momofwishkid
11-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Welcome! :welcome: I am glad Gavin was able to make a collage to express his wish and that they granted it. You will have so much planning and then going on your trip!

Thanks for the welcome. Our wish granters really liked the collage idea. Im reading your PTR report right now cant wait to hear more.

StefaniLyn
11-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Thank you so much I will be checking out your PTR for ideas. I really need to spice my movie nights up. Are you the one that did the countdown with the mickey heads?? Love that!

Yes, I did do the mickey head countdown. I have also made one for another Wish Family. If you would like me to make one for your trip as well, I would be happy to do it! Please send me a PM if you're interested.

pacrosby
11-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Our wish granters really liked the collage idea. Im reading your PTR report right now cant wait to hear more.

Hi Jennifer...after your warm welcome to me I wanted to find your PTR and follow along with you.

Matty made a Wish book to help him convey his Wish. We printed px off different sites with all things Disney Christmas and put them together in a nice book to make sure no one misunderstood LOL Apparently it worked. It'll also be a nice memory to have (as will your collage).

Pamela

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

pacrosby
11-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Yes, I did do the mickey head countdown. I have also made one for another Wish Family. If you would like me to make one for your trip as well, I would be happy to do it! Please send me a PM if you're interested.

Pardon my ignorance:confused:.......what's a Mickey head countdown?????

Pamela:santa:

Momofwishkid
11-09-2009, 01:37 PM

Thank you so much! I sent you a PM.

Momofwishkid
11-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi Jennifer...after your warm welcome to me I wanted to find your PTR and follow along with you.

Matty made a Wish book to help him convey his Wish. We printed px off different sites with all things Disney Christmas and put them together in a nice book to make sure no one misunderstood LOL Apparently it worked. It'll also be a nice memory to have (as will your collage).

Pamela

Welcome! Im glad you found your way to us. Just figured out how to ad a link in my signature. (if it works, that is). Im hoping to find a way to add Gavin's collage to a scrapbook I'll be making when we get back from our trip. Definetley a good memory. Your wish book sounds really fun too.

Momofwishkid
11-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Pardon my ignorance:confused:.......what's a Mickey head countdown?????

If you read StepahiLyns PTR her and her girls made a wonderful board full of mickey head cutouts with #'s on them for each night before their trip. So every night they could take a # (mickey head) off. Sorry for the horrible description. Check it out on her pages. It is really cool.

Momofwishkid
11-09-2009, 11:57 PM
What a week it's turning out to be (I know it's only monday!). My DD Kia was home sick today and Im really hoping it's not that horrible H1N1. She only has a lowgrade fever, sore throat and very tired. Im debating making an appointment for her tomorrow if she's not better. Gavin falls in the high risk catagory for H1N1 because of his nerological issues and asthma.
So I had to cancel Gavin's PT/OT for today, no big deal were their 3 times a week but I'll most likely cancel his phycologist for tomorrow which I was anxious to see. Since his surgery he has been very prone to having huge meltdowns because he cannot process any feelings he has. His phyciatrist started him on Prozac last month and I beleive it's starting to work for his anxiety so now maybe the phycologist can work with him. Before he was just to on edge all the time to talk to anyone but people he is really close to. Anyways thats why Im a little bummed we wont get in to see her tomorrow.
Oh well I'd rather keep everyone home until Im sure everyone is feeling Ok. Gives me an excuse to take a day to get caught up on Disney movies. :)

No news on our trip yet but our Wish granter called and said their is one more paper we need to fill out and they need a copy of DH's drivers licence for the rental car so she'll be stopping by on Wed. or Thurs. Our team is so nice and Im so thankful to them.
Ok so Im odviously still oblivious on how to post replies, Im just not getting the multi quote. Any help Please?? I saw Maroo post on another thread about a + key at the bottom, Im not seeing that :confused3

maroo
11-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Sorry...I did not do a good job describing that button...

Right next to the "Quote" button is a button that has a " symbol and a + sign. I think it also has what looks like a piece of paper on it?

You click that button on each post that you want to quote and then click reply and it will put them all in the white box that you use to reply.

Of course, you will have multiple entries all started by a [ QUOTE=....] and ended by a [/QUOTE ]

If you type inside the Quote words then your print will end up inside their quote...many of us do this and just add color so that you can see what we wrote, etc.

If you type outside the Quote words (or in between the [/QUOTE] and the next beginning of a quote [QUOTE=...] then your words will look "normal" and be situated between the quotes.

I hope that is a better explanation! :)

Momofwishkid
11-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Sorry...I did not do a good job describing that button...

Your description was fine Maroo, I am just computer illerate sometimes.:rotfl:

Right next to the "Quote" button is a button that has a " symbol and a + sign. I think it also has what looks like a piece of paper on it?

You click that button on each post that you want to quote and then click reply and it will put them all in the white box that you use to reply.

Of course, you will have multiple entries all started by a

If you type inside the Quote words then your print will end up inside their quote...many of us do this and just add color so that you can see what we wrote, etc.

If you type outside the Quote words (or in between the and the next beginning of a quote then your words will look "normal" and be situated between the quotes.

I hope that is a better explanation! :)

Thank you so much I think I got it now. :goodvibes

HeatherSue
11-10-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm sorry Kia is sick! Did you take her to the doctor? If it's the flu, you have to get them the Tamiflu within 48 hours of the first symptoms for it to be effective. They may also prescribe it to your other children to prevent them from getting the flu. I hope she's feeling better. :hug:

StefaniLyn
11-10-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that Kia is sick, especially with Gavin being high risk. And what a bummer about cancelling the psych appointment. I hope it doesn't take forever to reschedule!

Momofwishkid
11-10-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry Kia is sick! Did you take her to the doctor? If it's the flu, you have to get them the Tamiflu within 48 hours of the first symptoms for it to be effective. They may also prescribe it to your other children to prevent them from getting the flu. I hope she's feeling better. :hug:

Thank you, Kia is doing a little better today but I called and made an appontment for this afternoon just in case.

I'm so sorry to hear that Kia is sick, especially with Gavin being high risk. And what a bummer about cancelling the psych appointment. I hope it doesn't take forever to reschedule!

Thanks, I was able to reschedule for 2 weeks out so not to far a wait which Im so glad of.

Momofwishkid
11-11-2009, 02:27 AM
Well it turns out Kia is just down with a cold. :) Im so glad it's nothing more serious and she'll be back to school in time for her first play at school. She's been going to rehearsals and been so nervous but excited about it. If this one goes well she's thinking of joining drama. I think she would be great at it. Always been my little drama queen.
So Im trying to figure out a way to extend our stay. I really doubt it will happen but if I can get it all planned and give DH a good price and a pretty smile I just may get my way. :rotfl: Im thinking the cheapest would be to stay on-property so we wouldnt need a car. I havent looked to far into it yet but if anyone knows of any deals or really cheap places to stay off property please let me know. Im also looking into doing the Pirate League for the kids has anyone heard of this or even done it?? It sounds like something Gavin would love. Big Pirates of the Caribbean fan.

pipersmom
11-11-2009, 07:44 AM
Whew, so glad Kia just has a cold! I hope you can find a way to extend, it's an awful lot to squeeze into 5 or 6 days! (By the time you factor in travel). I've racked my brain trying to figure out a way for us to, but I don't think it's going to happen.

StefaniLyn
11-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Well it turns out Kia is just down with a cold. :) Im so glad it's nothing more serious and she'll be back to school in time for her first play at school. She's been going to rehearsals and been so nervous but excited about it. If this one goes well she's thinking of joining drama. I think she would be great at it. Always been my little drama queen.
So Im trying to figure out a way to extend our stay. I really doubt it will happen but if I can get it all planned and give DH a good price and a pretty smile I just may get my way. :rotfl: Im thinking the cheapest would be to stay on-property so we wouldnt need a car. I havent looked to far into it yet but if anyone knows of any deals or really cheap places to stay off property please let me know. Im also looking into doing the Pirate League for the kids has anyone heard of this or even done it?? It sounds like something Gavin would love. Big Pirates of the Caribbean fan.

Glad Kia just has a cold and I hope she makes a full recovery in time for her stage debut!

We extended our trip by 3 days (Dec 9-12). Originally, we were just going to stay with my DH's brother who lives on Orlando, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted a hotel. In the past week, DH and I have been looking for hotel and car deals online. Here is what we found, and booked:
Car rental: midsize car rented through priceline . com Advantage Rental 18.70 per day plus taxes for a total of 82.54
Hotel (just booked this yesterday and I think the deal is still available): 3 nights at the Comfort Inn Orlando (convenient to WDW, SW, and US/IOA) for $29.00 per night plus taxes for a total of 97.88. This hotel has a 'kids eat free with paid adult' buffet as well.
So for a total of less than $200 plus whatever we spend in meals, we are extending for 3 days. I hope you can find great deals like this and falls into your budget so you are able to extend your trip as well!

maroo
11-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Glad Kia just has a cold and I hope she makes a full recovery in time for her stage debut!

We extended our trip by 3 days (Dec 9-12). Originally, we were just going to stay with my DH's brother who lives on Orlando, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted a hotel. In the past week, DH and I have been looking for hotel and car deals online. Here is what we found, and booked:
Car rental: midsize car rented through priceline . com Advantage Rental 18.70 per day plus taxes for a total of 82.54
Hotel (just booked this yesterday and I think the deal is still available): 3 nights at the Comfort Inn Orlando (convenient to WDW, SW, and US/IOA) for $29.00 per night plus taxes for a total of 97.88. This hotel has a 'kids eat free with paid adult' buffet as well.
So for a total of less than $200 plus whatever we spend in meals, we are extending for 3 days. I hope you can find great deals like this and falls into your budget so you are able to extend your trip as well!

WHOA!!!!

That is fantastic!

Do you mind posting that on the Wish Trippers thread?

Momofwishkid
11-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Whew, so glad Kia just has a cold! I hope you can find a way to extend, it's an awful lot to squeeze into 5 or 6 days! (By the time you factor in travel). I've racked my brain trying to figure out a way for us to, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Thanks, Im really hoping we can pull it off somehow or another.

Wow!! That is an amazing deal, now if I can find something like that after we get our dates I just may be able to talk DH into it :yay: Thanks for the info Im definetley looking into it.

pacrosby
11-11-2009, 09:14 PM

I found that deal as well and considered it. That price is unbelievable! What are you planning to do during those extra days, if I may ask? Would you go back to the parks and buy your own tickets? I reconsidered when I saw the Nick Hotel because I realized that we wouldn't even HAVE to leave that hotel during the day if we wanted to have fun (we will be using the last of our 3 day park hopper from GKTW on the first night of our extension and going to MVMCP the second). I'm afraid if we just stayed at a no-frills motel we'd be tempted to go back to a park and pay for a one day ticket - cost for the six of us? :scared1: The Nick is 99 a night (they have a 2/3 but we are only extending by two).

I haven't actually booked the Nick yet. Hopefully within the next 48 hours I'll make a decision.

yinyanggirls
11-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Those are awesome deals! I'm still waiting for dates as well as how our chapter wants to handle the car rental. The WG has already mentioned that they might just have us pay them. But I'll keep this info in mind for our extension!

Momofwishkid
11-11-2009, 09:44 PM
I found that deal as well and considered it. That price is unbelievable! What are you planning to do during those extra days, if I may ask? Would you go back to the parks and buy your own tickets? I reconsidered when I saw the Nick Hotel because I realized that we wouldn't even HAVE to leave that hotel during the day if we wanted to have fun (we will be using the last of our 3 day park hopper from GKTW on the first night of our extension and going to MVMCP the second). I'm afraid if we just stayed at a no-frills motel we'd be tempted to go back to a park and pay for a one day ticket - cost for the six of us? :scared1: The Nick is 99 a night (they have a 2/3 but we are only extending by two).

I haven't actually booked the Nick yet. Hopefully within the next 48 hours I'll make a decision.

Wow! The Nick hotel for $99 a night. Do you mind if I ask how many people in your party? I was looking there yesterday and it looked like minimum $200 a night.
Our wish granter Sheena came by tonight and had me fill out the paperwork from GKTW and I asked her about extending our stay. She's going to ask about it, apparentley noone has ever asked her before. Hopefully we'll have dates soon. Im getting soo excited.

pacrosby
11-11-2009, 10:09 PM
:santa:Wow! The Nick hotel for $99 a night. Do you mind if I ask how many people in your party? I was looking there yesterday and it looked like minimum $200 a night.
Our wish granter Sheena came by tonight and had me fill out the paperwork from GKTW and I asked her about extending our stay. She's going to ask about it, apparentley noone has ever asked her before. Hopefully we'll have dates soon. Im getting soo excited.

Hi Jennifer...

I actually got that price quote last night or the night before. For 6 of us. What dates were you looking at? That may be the difference. We're looking at a Wed and Thurs. mid-December. Probably not the busiest time. Of course it's always possible if I looked tonight I'd get another price? I'll have to go check.

I actually felt funny about asking for the extension at first. Initially we were just hoping to extend by coming in the night before and staying at an airport hotel and then leaving the morning after (also staying at an airport hotel). We thought that way we wouldn't lose any time to travel. Our rep said they only extend at the end of the trip however and then suggested we stay for more than one night. We hoped to go through Saturday but the price increase for the airfare was apparently something they wouldn't consider. I'm not complaining though:) They have been MORE than generous.

pacrosby
11-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Jennifer....

I just checked and got the same 99 dollars (phew!!). AAA rate for 2 Bedroom Kidssuite with 1 King and Bunks. I'm alittle concerned about whether it will really be warm enough to enjoy the pool complex. If it's not...............no real point in spending the extra money.

StefaniLyn
11-11-2009, 10:36 PM
WHOA!!!!

That is fantastic!

Do you mind posting that on the Wish Trippers thread?

Sure, I'd be happy to post it over there. I will be posting it to my own PTR tonight or tomorrow as well.

I found that deal as well and considered it. That price is unbelievable! What are you planning to do during those extra days, if I may ask? Would you go back to the parks and buy your own tickets?

Originally we extended with the intent to hang out for a couple of days with my BIL who lives in Orlando. However, I learned from Maroo that our park tickets would still be valid even after we checked out of GKTW so even though we will still spend time with BIL, we are now using the 3 extra days to build in some free time, spend time at GKTW, and avoid stress and chaos on our travel days. My basic plan looks like this:
Day 1: travel
Day 2: US/IOA
Day 3: Epcot
Day 4: GKTW and Mickey's Christmas Party (gets us 1/2 park day without using a park ticket)
Day 5: Sea World
Day 6: AK (1/2 day) and HS (1/2 day)
Day 7: MK
Day 8: DTD for BBB and dinner at GF
Day 9: US/IOA
Day 10: travel
This plan uses all of our tickets that we get from GKTW. The only day we may skip is day #2 at US/IOA if we find there is just not enough stuff for kids there. We will not need to purchase any additional park tickets. We will also have a minimum of 2 x 1/2 days at GKTW plus we plan to hit most morning character meet and greets and evening activities.

maroo
11-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Sure, I'd be happy to post it over there. I will be posting it to my own PTR tonight or tomorrow as well.

Originally we extended with the intent to hang out for a couple of days with my BIL who lives in Orlando. However, I learned from Maroo that our park tickets would still be valid even after we checked out of GKTW so even though we will still spend time with BIL, we are now using the 3 extra days to build in some free time, spend time at GKTW, and avoid stress and chaos on our travel days. My basic plan looks like this:
Day 1: travel
Day 2: US/IOA
Day 3: Epcot
Day 4: GKTW and Mickey's Christmas Party (gets us 1/2 park day without using a park ticket)
Day 5: Sea World
Day 6: AK (1/2 day) and HS (1/2 day)
Day 7: MK
Day 8: DTD for BBB and dinner at GF
Day 9: US/IOA
Day 10: travel
This plan uses all of our tickets that we get from GKTW. The only day we may skip is day #2 at US/IOA if we find there is just not enough stuff for kids there. We will not need to purchase any additional park tickets. We will also have a minimum of 2 x 1/2 days at GKTW plus we plan to hit most morning character meet and greets and evening activities.

This looks great! :)

I love how you are going to get to spread everything out! That is going to make things a lot more relaxing for you. :cloud9:

Momofwishkid
11-14-2009, 08:11 PM
So it seems maybe I should have waited a while to start this PTR. I'll try to keep you all up to date but really not much going on yet. I was just so excited to get started and now dosent seem to be much to do until we get our dates. So I thought I would try to put up a little video of Gavin's latest hospital stay. Promise to make another one with all the kids soon.

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=9d15ea97c2e523d473f296&skin_id=601

Tomorrow is my birthday and Im excited to be going out without the kids. My mother-in-law is coming to watch the kids and DH and I are going out to an indian restaraunt where a friend will be belly dancing.

StefaniLyn
11-14-2009, 09:14 PM
awwww. . . looks like a rough hospital stay. The video was very nice.

and :bday: to you tomorrow! Have a great one!

pipersmom
11-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Aww, I wish I could watch videos..we're on dial-up, so the streaming is ermm..less than ideal, lol. :bday: Happy birthday tomorrow!

MomTo4+more
11-14-2009, 10:11 PM

There was so much to do at GKTW. We could easily have spent a day or two there and not have been bored. Then we could have used the park tickets on the other days. I look forward to visiting GKTW again one day because there was plenty we didn't have time to see and enjoy.

yinyanggirls
11-15-2009, 03:48 AM
Happy Birthday!!!:cake::bday: Have a wonderful date!

I love the bunny ears from brother, and the sleepy, lop-sided smile. Very sweet pics.

pacrosby
11-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Happy Birthday Jennifer!!!!

Sweet video. Nice to see the smile at the end:)

Momofwishkid
11-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. I had a great day. Hubby made me a wonderful breakfast and a birthday cake and then we went to the indian restaraunt where the curry was amazing.

Thanks for the comments on Gavin's little video also. Im working on getting one done with all the kids. I love those little slideshows their so cute.

Momofwishkid
11-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Just received an e-mail from our wish granter and Gavin's doctor has signed off on Disney so were definetley approved for 6 nights at Disney World. :cool1: Were so excited. Still waiting on dates though. I had asked if we could extend our stay and this is the response I got

I hope life is treating you well at home! I have the response from MAW for your 2 questions. First you and your family will be granted Disney world 6 nights! Unfortunately we can not extend your trip. MAW already extends the nights a family gets at Disney World vs. Disneyland wishes due to travel time. Because we need to be consistent in what a child’s wish entails (especially length of a wish), we must say no to trip extensions. Even if you say you will take care of the extended days, MAW is still liable for you and your family while on a destination that MAW has coordinated.

Im confused I know several others have and are extending through MAW. :confused3 Oh well we are thrilled to be going at all but were excited about not having to rush through it as much.
Do you think I should contact the cordinator or just leave it alone?? I dont want to sound greedy because beleive me without them there is no way we could do this at all.

kdzbear
11-17-2009, 02:08 PM
I am sorry you can't extend your trip. I completely understand the frustrations in dealing with Wish agencies that do things one way for one family and tell another family something different. You will enjoy your trip! :wizard:

pacrosby
11-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Hi Jennifer,

You know, it just might be that different chapters have different policies. Perhaps just tell them that you are aware of many many families that have gone on MAW trips and have been allowed to extend their trips and that you are wondering if it's a chapter policy (rather than a general policy of MAW)? At least that way you'll know that it's not just a lack of awareness on the part of the person you are talking to.

If you can't extend maybe they can at least get you the first flight out and the last flight back.....that way you won't lose as much time on the travel days.

Momofwishkid
11-18-2009, 12:26 PM
We have narrowed down our dates!! Just got an e-mail to choose between Feb. 25-March 3 OR March 3-9. I think were going to go with March 3-9 since although hubby can get off when he wants, technically his vacation comes due March 6th. Plus DH's birthday is on the 12th so IF we do extend we'll be there for his BD!! I am so excited :cool1:
Our wish granter gave me the contact info for our cordinator so I wrote her a letter about us possible being able to extend so hopefully I'll hear back soon.
Either way I cnat believe were really going and am thrilled! Once I get final approval on the dates I can really start planning. Let the obsessivness (is that a word) begin!

pacrosby
11-18-2009, 09:23 PM
:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Crossing my fingers you for you

pipersmom
11-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Woohoo for dates! We haven't gotten ours yet, but sounds like we may be close!

maroo
11-18-2009, 11:51 PM
We have narrowed down our dates!! Just got an e-mail to choose between Feb. 25-March 3 OR March 3-9. I think were going to go with March 3-9 since although hubby can get off when he wants, technically his vacation comes due March 6th. Plus DH's birthday is on the 12th so IF we do extend we'll be there for his BD!! I am so excited :cool1:
Our wish granter gave me the contact info for our cordinator so I wrote her a letter about us possible being able to extend so hopefully I'll hear back soon.
Either way I cnat believe were really going and am thrilled! Once I get final approval on the dates I can really start planning. Let the obsessivness (is that a word) begin!

Well...I may be a little biased...Since I will be there from March 4-7....:rolleyes1 Just sayin'. :cool2:

pacrosby
11-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Well...I may be a little biased...Since I will be there from March 4-7....:rolleyes1 Just sayin'. :cool2:

My goodness:eek: How often to you get down there??????

Don't get me wrong of course. I'm just jealous;)

Matty's Wish Trip http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Momofwishkid
11-19-2009, 12:46 AM

Are you going to be at GKTW? Maybe we'll bump into each other I would love that!

Well it looks like the extended stay is a no go :confused: Apparently our chapter doesnt do it because of liability. I guess they have had issues with families saying they would take care of the extra days and then not following through and needing help. I cant believe someone would do that. So I can understand their issues and am fine with it. We will have an amazing time in the 7 days were there. Still waiting to hear for sure of our dates but Im pretty sure March 3-9 is a go.

Momofwishkid
11-19-2009, 01:44 AM
So since I guess it's time to add more pics! I know we all love to see the kiddos. So here they are.
Mommy and the kids
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/4th09143.jpg
and the kids being goofy
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/4th09136.jpg
They all have to have their goggles
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/4th09047.jpg
Gavin at the drive-in
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/drive-in030.jpg
Brothers :)
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/wildwaves071.jpg

Ok that's enough for now. Enjoy!

maroo
11-19-2009, 09:07 AM
The pictures are great! Keep em coming!!! :)

My goodness:eek: How often to you get down there??????

Don't get me wrong of course. I'm just jealous;)

Matty's Wish Trip http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

he he. After the wish trip - I fell in love with Disney. I took my BFF Sarah in Feb before she moved to South Africa (she had never been). I went with my friend Sharon in Sept for Free Dining. I am taking Rachels family in December. Jan 2010, I am meeting up with some of my Disney friends. March 2010 I am doing the Princess Half Marathon. Sept 2010 going with All7ofUs (who I met on the DIS and have only met in real life once). .... It is a good thing that I am single and have 3 jobs.

Are you going to be at GKTW? Maybe we'll bump into each other I would love that!

Well it looks like the extended stay is a no go :confused: Apparently our chapter doesnt do it because of liability. I guess they have had issues with families saying they would take care of the extra days and then not following through and needing help. I cant believe someone would do that. So I can understand their issues and am fine with it. We will have an amazing time in the 7 days were there. Still waiting to hear for sure of our dates but Im pretty sure March 3-9 is a go.

Well...I am going with Lauren's mom. We are doing the half marathon. We won't have a car - so it will be very difficult to get down to GKTW.

Our plan is to get regular tickets for Lisa (no park hoppers). We will be at the Magic Kingdom on Thurs evening, at Epcot all day on Friday and at AK all day on Saturday. The half is Sunday morning and we leave that afternoon. At least that is the current plan.

I would love to run into you guys! :)

Momofwishkid
11-23-2009, 06:06 PM
I have been such a slacker keeping updates going here but believe me I am out there reading everybody else's. Still no confirmation on dates but I figured I better get started on these DFN's, cant have enough time time to watch movies so this week will be Toy Story 1 and 2. Gavin's all time favorite Disney movie. Im off to google and try to find a good menu to go with it and a craft possibly. I found a Disney trivia game for the Wii yesterday for $10 and had to get it. We have the board game and the kids love it. Now I need to see if I can hold out to give it for Christmas. I want to play it so bad :rotfl:
We also got our Disney customized maps yesterday and Im thinking I need to get realistic about what we want to do. Do you think we can fit all this in?

Animal Kingdom
It's tough to be a bug
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Forest exploration Trail
Kali River Rapids
The boneyard
Finding Nemo
Dinosaur
Dino-Sue
Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade

Hollywood Studios:
Indiana Jones
Star Tours
Honey, I shrunk the Kids
Lights, motors, action!
The studio backlot Tour
The little mermaid
Rock N roller coaster (Daddy and Kia)
Tower of Terror (Daddy and Kia)
Fantasmic
Block party Bash??

Magic Kingdom:
Jungle cruise
Pirates of the carribean
Splash mountain
Haunted mansion
It's a small world
Peter Pan's flight
The barnstormer
Indy speedway
Space mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Stitch's great escape
Monsters Ins Laugh floor
Wishes
Spectromagic

Epcot:
Mission space
Test track
Nemo
Soarin
Illuminations

Wow that looks like even more when I write it down and I havent even planned the other parks yet! So do you think it's even possible. We will also have to take a break as Gavin does get tired easily especially if it's hot.

Momofwishkid
11-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Happy Turkey Day everyone!! Hope you all have a wonderful day. Were staying home and having grandma and auntie and uncle over. Taking it pretty easy this year.

maroo
11-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Hey darling! :)

I missed your last update. :goodvibes

The list of to-dos looks GREAT!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

StefaniLyn
11-27-2009, 09:16 PM
I have been such a slacker keeping updates going here but believe me I am out there reading everybody else's. Still no confirmation on dates but I figured I better get started on these DFN's, cant have enough time time to watch movies so this week will be Toy Story 1 and 2. Gavin's all time favorite Disney movie. Im off to google and try to find a good menu to go with it and a craft possibly. I found a Disney trivia game for the Wii yesterday for $10 and had to get it. We have the board game and the kids love it. Now I need to see if I can hold out to give it for Christmas. I want to play it so bad :rotfl:
We also got our Disney customized maps yesterday and Im thinking I need to get realistic about what we want to do. Do you think we can fit all this in?
We had so much fun on our Toy Story DFN. If you're looking for ideas, take a peek at my PTR. We made a solar system mobile for our craft, but it wasn't my first craft choice - I wanted to make model rockets! :rotfl2:
Animal Kingdom
It's tough to be a bug
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Forest exploration Trail
Kali River Rapids
The boneyard
Finding Nemo
Dinosaur
Dino-Sue
Festival of the Lion King is another great show, Triceratop Spin is an awesome kids ride (kinda like Dumbo at MK)
Hollywood Studios:
Indiana Jones
Star Tours
Honey, I shrunk the Kids
Lights, motors, action!
The studio backlot Tour
The little mermaid
Fantasmic
Block party Bash??
do not forget one of my favorite rides at DHS, TOY STORY MANIA!!! Fun for the whole family
Magic Kingdom:
Jungle cruise
Pirates of the carribean
Splash mountain
Haunted mansion
It's a small world
Peter Pan's flight
The barnstormer
Indy speedway
Space mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Stitch's great escape
Monsters Ins Laugh floor
Wishes
Spectromagic
Astro Orbiter is another good one in Tomorrowland. And I see that Teacups, Dumbo, and the Carrousel are also not on your list.
Epcot:
Mission space
Test track
Nemo
Soarin
Illuminations
Living with the Land is one of my favorites and a great time to relax for a 14 minute boat ride.
Wow that looks like even more when I write it down and I havent even planned the other parks yet! So do you think it's even possible. We will also have to take a break as Gavin does get tired easily especially if it's hot.

I definitely think it's possible to get to all of these rides because of the front of the line access.

kdzbear
11-27-2009, 10:17 PM

Animal Kingdom
It's tough to be a bug
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Forest exploration Trail
Kali River Rapids
The boneyard
Finding Nemo
Dinosaur
Dino-Sue
All of these can be done in one day. I would also add the Festival of the Lion King.

Hollywood Studios:
Indiana Jones
Star Tours
Honey, I shrunk the Kids
Lights, motors, action!
The studio backlot Tour
The little mermaid
Fantasmic
Block party Bash??

Most of this list looks good. When we were there do to electric scooters, the wheelchair section of Indiana Jones filled up 3- minutes before show time and we could not get in. I was also told at the Jedi Training Academy that GKTW now has some sort of voucher for your Wish child to turn in to appear in the show. Since we did not stay there, I can not confirm this.

Magic Kingdom:
Jungle cruise
Pirates of the carribean
Splash mountain
Haunted mansion
It's a small world
Peter Pan's flight
The barnstormer
Indy speedway
Space mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Stitch's great escape
Monsters Ins Laugh floor
Wishes
Spectromagic

You will have no problem fitting all of these in!

Epcot:
Mission space
Test track
Nemo
Soarin
Illuminations

You can easily fit these in as well as a quick tour through the World Showcase!

I do not think you will have to worry about hot. It was comfortable when we were there this past week. Then the day we left a cold front was coming through. You may want to pack some sweatshirts. Your list looks great!

Momofwishkid
11-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the responses! I dont feel so lonely anymore :goodvibes and it looks like I forgot some things on my list that definetley need to be there especially Toy Story Mania how did I miss that :confused3 as you may know by now Toy story is Gavin's favorite. I went black friday shopping and was able to find him a really cute stuffed Woody that comes with a blanket and my sister-in-law got him the bed ina bag Toy story set. Im so excited. Now I just have to paint his walls. When he was a little younger he had fun coloring all over them :lmao:

yinyanggirls
11-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the responses! I dont feel so lonely anymore :goodvibes and it looks like I forgot some things on my list that definetley need to be there especially Toy Story Mania how did I miss that :confused3 as you may know by now Toy story is Gavin's favorite. I went black friday shopping and was able to find him a really cute stuffed Woody that comes with a blanket and my sister-in-law got him the bed ina bag Toy story set. Im so excited. Now I just have to paint his walls. When he was a little younger he had fun coloring all over them :lmao:

Oh yes, I have a little artist as well. Thank goodness for Magic Eraser!!!:lmao:

I don't know how I did it, but I missed several updates, including the pics! Your kids are adorable. I love redheads. :lovestruc

And I totally missed the conservation about no trip extension. I hope you can come to some arrangement. Maybe give them a deposit in case they got any bills after the fact? When the Wish Granter called to tell me our dates were approved she was under the assumption that we were planning to stay at Disney for the additional days. I told her we weren't sure where but thinking about beaches and such, just to relax. I hope that that doesn't change their mind. Knowing we are planning to drive out of town (or state!). I am totally willing to change everything (rental car...is there anything else?) to our name after the GKTW week is over. All they need to do is make the return flight later. Major bummer. I hope you can get one and I hope ours isn't a misunderstanding!!!!:guilty:

Momofwishkid
11-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Oh yes, I have a little artist as well. Thank goodness for Magic Eraser!!!:lmao:

I don't know how I did it, but I missed several updates, including the pics! Your kids are adorable. I love redheads. :lovestruc

And I totally missed the conservation about no trip extension. I hope you can come to some arrangement. Maybe give them a deposit in case they got any bills after the fact? When the Wish Granter called to tell me our dates were approved she was under the assumption that we were planning to stay at Disney for the additional days. I told her we weren't sure where but thinking about beaches and such, just to relax. I hope that that doesn't change their mind. Knowing we are planning to drive out of town (or state!). I am totally willing to change everything (rental car...is there anything else?) to our name after the GKTW week is over. All they need to do is make the return flight later. Major bummer. I hope you can get one and I hope ours isn't a misunderstanding!!!!:guilty:

Thanks I think redheads are just adorable but Im a bit biased :goodvibes
Im sure your trip extension will be fine. Sorry I cant remember what state your in :confused3 apparentley it depends on the chapter. We are definetley not going to be able to extend but they said they do things other chapters do not. I was a little disappointed at first but it's going to be such an amazing once in a lifetime trip that I could have never given my kids. How can I be sad with all they are doing for us :goodvibes

Momofwishkid
12-01-2009, 10:49 AM
WE have flight info!!:banana: I am so excited, I didnt even know for sure are dates had a final approval.It's official March 3rd-9th. So now I have a question, here is our flight info

AMERICAN AIRLINES 653 SEA Seattle Mar 03, 2010
09:35 AM DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Mar 03, 2010
03:25 PM O Food for purchase

AMERICAN AIRLINES 1856 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Mar 03, 2010
04:50 PM MCO Orlando Mar 03, 2010
08:05 PM O Food for purchase

Am I reading this right, We leave Seattle at 9:35 have a hour and 25 layover in Dallas and arrive in Orlando at 8:05??? Sorry odviously I dont fly often. Wow that is going to be a LONG day and our entire first day spent flying :eek:
and our flight home

AMERICAN AIRLINES 2513 MCO Orlando Mar 09, 2010
03:30 PM DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Mar 09, 2010
05:35 PM O Food for purchase

AMERICAN AIRLINES 1233 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Mar 09, 2010
08:20 PM SEA Seattle Mar 09, 2010
10:40 PM O Food for purchase

An almost 3 hour layover?? :scared1: 3 tired cranky kids in an airport for 3 hours, well I guess we could hit a restaraunt Im sure we'll all be starving by this point. Does anyone know if we can bring snacks, drinks on board??

I have a ticker!! It's amazing how that little thing makes it seem more real. 3 months 2 days to go!!

StefaniLyn
12-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Woo hoo for flight information! That's excellent!

Sorry about the long layover, but it would be an excellent time to grab a bite to eat or, if the kids are easy to get to sleep, give them an uninterrupted nap for a couple hours. And yes, you can bring food and drink on board the plane. Drinks you will need to purchase after you get through security, but you can bring almost any foods (as long as they aren't liquid) through security. Pretzles, chips, fruitsnacks, and cheese sticks are very popular with our family. Any finger foods that don't require silverware to eat and have disposable packaging is perfect!

pipersmom
12-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Hooray!! For dates :) I'm sorry your flight times are so long, just be sure to bring things for the kids to do though, and I bet you'll be fine. Piper actually loves exploring airports, lol..seeing all the shops and such..I bet the layovers won't be as bad as you might think!

yinyanggirls
12-02-2009, 02:31 AM
I posted a reply about the flights and when I hit enter the site said "down for maintenance" or something like that. I'll wait until morning and if it's not here I'll try to remember and repost it.

Momofwishkid
12-02-2009, 03:02 AM
Woo hoo for flight information! That's excellent!

Sorry about the long layover, but it would be an excellent time to grab a bite to eat or, if the kids are easy to get to sleep, give them an uninterrupted nap for a couple hours. And yes, you can bring food and drink on board the plane. Drinks you will need to purchase after you get through security, but you can bring almost any foods (as long as they aren't liquid) through security. Pretzles, chips, fruitsnacks, and cheese sticks are very popular with our family. Any finger foods that don't require silverware to eat and have disposable packaging is perfect!

Thanks for the info on the food, it sure will make things easier if we have snacks.

Hooray!! For dates :) I'm sorry your flight times are so long, just be sure to bring things for the kids to do though, and I bet you'll be fine. Piper actually loves exploring airports, lol..seeing all the shops and such..I bet the layovers won't be as bad as you might think!

Im sure the kids are going to love exploring, they have never been to an airport before. I sure it's going to be fun.

I posted a reply about the flights and when I hit enter the site said "down for maintenance" or something like that. I'll wait until morning and if it's not here I'll try to remember and repost it.

Thats Ok I did the same thing. Im hopeing it's back up now.

So I had a long day of appointments with neurology and the geneticist. Come to find out Gavins last blood draw to test if he has the familial type of cavernomas some how disappeared, they have no record of having it done :confused3. So we will have to re-do it and wait another month for results. He has a new medication added (trileptal) which is a mood stabalizer and seizure med. We also got a referral to an opthamologist. Their concerned about the nystagmus (eye twitching) he's having. Gavin is so funny, when he heard he was going to see the eye doctor he got all excited as he has wanted glasses forever. He thinks they are so cool. He's going to be disappointed if he dosent get them. :)

maroo
12-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Oh my gosh!!!!!!

You have DATES! And FLIGHTS!!

Awesome news!!!

And...just sayin...we will be there at the same time! :woohoo: :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1:

yinyanggirls
12-02-2009, 11:41 PM
An almost 3 hour layover?? :scared1: 3 tired cranky kids in an airport for 3 hours, well I guess we could hit a restaraunt Im sure we'll all be starving by this point. Does anyone know if we can bring snacks, drinks on board??

I have a ticker!! It's amazing how that little thing makes it seem more real. 3 months 2 days to go!!

Okay, here I go again. :rolleyes1
I have flown way more (with kids) than I ever really wanted to (my sis is married to a pilot so my family thinks it's great to fly stand-by using her discounted passes - I tend to disagree.) Remember that they print your times as local time, meaning, when you land in DFW they show DFW (central) time for landing and take-off from that airport. So when you land in Orlando it will be local time 8pm and you will feel like it is 5pm. That might be a pain the first night, because you might have a hard time getting the kids to bed.

I lived in Texas for several years and flew out of DFW airport many times. It is a ginormous airport, BUT it is separated into multiple terminals. So the one you land in will not be that huge. You will probably have a Chili's II, a gift shop, newsstand, coffee stand, ice cream stand, etc. Possibly another restaurant choice but don't count on it. For that return flight's 2:45 layover you will definitely want to have some snacks or sandwiches ready and maybe keep a couple of toys and games they just received on the trip, ready in your carry-on. If you feel brave and want to venture out into real world on your layover, a 5-10 minute cab ride can get you to some awesome restaurants and plenty of shopping. Check out a map of DFW airport, then go straight north to Grapevine Mills (a huge outlet shopping center) or northwest to Southlake Town Center, an upscale retail area with really good eats. If it were me I might just do it, but that's cause I would know where I was going. If you feel tempted to try it, PM me and I can help you narrow down the options. If you decide to stay safe and hang out in the airport, I'm sure they will have fun. Kids have a way of entertaining themselves in boring places. ;)

P.S. The ticker adds so much more excitement doesn't it???:woohoo:

Momofwishkid
12-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Okay, here I go again. :rolleyes1
I have flown way more (with kids) than I ever really wanted to (my sis is married to a pilot so my family thinks it's great to fly stand-by using her discounted passes - I tend to disagree.) Remember that they print your times as local time, meaning, when you land in DFW they show DFW (central) time for landing and take-off from that airport. So when you land in Orlando it will be local time 8pm and you will feel like it is 5pm. That might be a pain the first night, because you might have a hard time getting the kids to bed.

I lived in Texas for several years and flew out of DFW airport many times. It is a ginormous airport, BUT it is separated into multiple terminals. So the one you land in will not be that huge. You will probably have a Chili's II, a gift shop, newsstand, coffee stand, ice cream stand, etc. Possibly another restaurant choice but don't count on it. For that return flight's 2:45 layover you will definitely want to have some snacks or sandwiches ready and maybe keep a couple of toys and games they just received on the trip, ready in your carry-on. If you feel brave and want to venture out into real world on your layover, a 5-10 minute cab ride can get you to some awesome restaurants and plenty of shopping. Check out a map of DFW airport, then go straight north to Grapevine Mills (a huge outlet shopping center) or northwest to Southlake Town Center, an upscale retail area with really good eats. If it were me I might just do it, but that's cause I would know where I was going. If you feel tempted to try it, PM me and I can help you narrow down the options. If you decide to stay safe and hang out in the airport, I'm sure they will have fun. Kids have a way of entertaining themselves in boring places. ;)

P.S. The ticker adds so much more excitement doesn't it???:woohoo:

Thanks so much for the info. I may just have to PM you for some info. We will probrably just stay put as I would be terrified we would get lost and miss our plane. :rotfl: My best friend from high school lives in Texas so Im hoping maybe she can come hang out with her kids during our lay over. I will definetley be prepared with lots of goodies for the kids though.

pipersmom
12-03-2009, 07:02 AM
Ohh..that would be so fun if your friend could come meet you and hang out! I'm with you, I would prob be scared to leave the airport as well. We actually left my ex at the airport in Charlotte once when Piper was a baby. He decided he HAD to leave the gate area and find something to eat. We waited, and waited (I was in tears by this point) and finally I said..I am not staying at this airport with an 8 month old because HE had to leave the gate with only 20 minutes 'til boarding. So we left. I was soooooooo mad it wasn't even funny. He knew better than to be mad at me, lol..but his family was a different story..gotta love in-laws! Anyway..that's why I never stray too far, lol.

yinyanggirls
12-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Thanks so much for the info. I may just have to PM you for some info. We will probrably just stay put as I would be terrified we would get lost and miss our plane. :rotfl: My best friend from high school lives in Texas so Im hoping maybe she can come hang out with her kids during our lay over. I will definetley be prepared with lots of goodies for the kids though.

That would be fun if she could visit you. The problem is that they won't be allowed to pass security without a ticket, so you would have to go out to the ticket counters area to meet her. If you are going to leave security you might as well meet her at a restaurant. (I love playing Devil's advocate, hehe) Or better yet, if she lives nearby she could pick you up and take you to whatever restaurant her family is waiting at... If it were a weekend I wouldn't risk it but midweek there shouldn't be too bad of a line at security to get back in. You would just have to budget that time into your "excursion".

Momofwishkid
12-05-2009, 12:03 PM
I've been doing tons of research on the parks since none of us have ever been to any of them. I just noticed we'll be there during Mardi Gras at universal. Does anyone know is this is a family friendly event?? The website says it is but also says lots of drinking so I would love to hear if anyone has been there what the atmosphere is like.
The flower and garden festival is also going on at Epcot while were there. I just love that type of scenery and it should make for some beautiful pics.
Oh I just noticed Im a mouseketeer now!!! My ears are earned, and my ticker is down in the 2 month mark!!! Alright 2 months 3 weeks and what was it 5 days :rotfl:

pipersmom
12-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Woohoo for 2 months! I'd never heard of the mardi gras at US, but might be worthwhile to check on the Universal board. Sounds like it could be fun :)

cantwaittoseemickey
12-06-2009, 02:02 PM
I will have to check that out too. I have never heard of that either.

Momofwishkid
12-06-2009, 06:45 PM
I will have to check that out too. I have never heard of that either.

Welcome!! Glad you found your way over to my report. I think the Mardi Gras is definetley worth looking into.

pacrosby
12-06-2009, 07:25 PM
I don't think I've been back to your PTR since you've gotten dates AND times!! Yay for progress huh? Now it's time to get to the planning girl....times awastin'

We were in Epcot in late spring back in '95 and I remember how beautiful it was with all the flowers. Don't know if it's much different in early vs late spring but, it's Florida, weather's warm, so I'd doubt it. Mardi Gras? Why that sounds like fun to me!!! Whoop it up, earn a few beads:lmao: Just kiddin' Seriously I'd think the drinking would be more likely to be focused in the evening hours at the night spots rather in the park itself. I just happened upon a great Universal thread and they claim both IOA and US have loads of things for kids. Loads of great characters too, which I was surprised to read. I'm just as excited about US/IOA as I am the WDW parks!!

maroo
12-06-2009, 10:01 PM
No clue on Mardi Gras! But sounds interesting! :rotfl2:

Momofwishkid
12-07-2009, 08:21 PM
We finally started our Disney Family Nights. Our first was Aladdin. It dosent compare to some I have seen on here but it was fun. We didnt add a menu this time but did a few fun crafts. First we colored some Aladdin pics and made placemats.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Sherry040.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Sherry042.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Sherry043.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Sherry045.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights002.jpg
Then we made some Jasmine jewelery. Yes my boys wear bracelets :goodvibes
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Sherry048.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Sherry078.jpg

Then we put up the christmas tree and decorated! I just love Christmas
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Sherry069.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Sherry070.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Sherry071.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Sherry074.jpg

All in all our first DFN was a success and I cant wait to do it again next week!

yinyanggirls
12-07-2009, 10:46 PM
We finally started our Disney Family Nights. Our first was Aladdin. It dosent compare to some I have seen on here but it was fun.

Don't worry about what others have done (ahem, Stephanie). I'm impressed you are attempting it at all. I'm still undecided. :confused3 I'm going to make a list of movies, then search ideas and see how I feel at that point. If we start it after Cmas I would have to come up with 15 I think. Yikes...

pipersmom
12-07-2009, 10:52 PM
How much fun! The whole point of DFMN ( I think) is to be together as a family doing something fun that will keep the excitement of Disney going, and it looks like you guys are definitely doing that! We're going to start after Christmas as well..I need to get a list of movies together...I love the Jasmine bracelets..very cool idea. Your tree is sooo pretty..and I love the "Hear no, speak no, see no evil" pose..that one is a family favorite with us! It cracked me up when I saw it :)

pacrosby
12-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Great job!!! I wish we had had time to do stuff like that (DFMN), I just didn't have enough time (gee, I don't know why?:confused3) Your kids look like they were really into it......mine would've been too.

Your Christmas tree looks beautiful! I'm jealous! Even I manage to get alot of the decorations done (I haven't given up just yet) we couldn't do the tree. Without water we'd come home to a droopy dry tree......floor littered with needles (possibly even ornaments!!). Can you say "fire hazard"?????

Momofwishkid
12-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Don't worry about what others have done (ahem, Stephanie). I'm impressed you are attempting it at all. I'm still undecided. :confused3 I'm going to make a list of movies, then search ideas and see how I feel at that point. If we start it after Cmas I would have to come up with 15 I think. Yikes...

Thanks and Im trying not to think about the others done by the creative master :rotfl: You really should try to get in at least a few. Im not sure were going to do every week. Well at least with crafts and such but at least watch the movies.

How much fun! The whole point of DFMN ( I think) is to be together as a family doing something fun that will keep the excitement of Disney going, and it looks like you guys are definitely doing that! We're going to start after Christmas as well..I need to get a list of movies together...I love the Jasmine bracelets..very cool idea. Your tree is sooo pretty..and I love the "Hear no, speak no, see no evil" pose..that one is a family favorite with us! It cracked me up when I saw it :)

Thanks, it definetley was a fun family bonding time. We may keep it up even after were back. Well at least once a month. I love the hear, speak,evil pose also. Actually the first one we've done, dont know why we take tons of pics.

Great job!!! I wish we had had time to do stuff like that (DFMN), I just didn't have enough time (gee, I don't know why?:confused3) Your kids look like they were really into it......mine would've been too.

Your Christmas tree looks beautiful! I'm jealous! Even I manage to get alot of the decorations done (I haven't given up just yet) we couldn't do the tree. Without water we'd come home to a droopy dry tree......floor littered with needles (possibly even ornaments!!). Can you say "fire hazard"?????

Thanks, I cant imagine why you wouldnt have time. :confused3 You've been a busy lady.
Thanks I'll let you in a secret, our tree is fake. I love the way it looks so real though. Actually wasnt that expensive either and we figured it's better to spend it when we had it then to worry about the years we didnt have it and have to worry how we'll come up with money for a tree.

maroo
12-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Looks like you guys had a GREAT time! :)

I love it when families do the Disney Family Nights! Such a great idea! And whether you just use a pencil and draw on notebook paper or create a 7 course meal - being together as a family is priceless. :love:

Can't wait for more Disney Family Nights! :thumbsup2

Momofwishkid
12-09-2009, 12:45 AM
No Disney updates today but just wanted to let you all know tomorrow we are heading in for Gavin's bi-monthly MRI. Actually this is his first one since we left the hospital in Oct. He really hates these and last time it took 4 of us to hold him down to sedate him. He kept saying they were going to cut him again.I just hate doing this. I talked to the NP today and she said she was going to talk to anestesia (sp?) about giving him something to calm him first. Please keep him in your thoughts and pray for no more bleeds. Out of the 10 masses on his brain their are at least 2 that have slow bleeds and were waiting unti they "get a little bigger" :confused3 to discuss going in again to try and remove another one. Im just dont want it to be this soon after his last surgery. Sorry for rambling Im just a little nervous.

pacrosby
12-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Hey Jennifer:hug:

I understand. Every time we are scheduled to go in for a 'routine' whatever, I'm sick to my stomach for a few days before. It's all those 'what ifs'. Remember though, 90% of what we all worry about never comes to be. I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you all.

maroo
12-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Ugh...I am so sorry that you guys have to go through all of that.

Hopefully they will give him a little happy medicine before he gets really sedated so that he won't be too upset.

Hang in there!

And hopefully you guys get GOOD results!!

pipersmom
12-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Here's hoping they get out the versed, hon! Keeping you guys in our thoughts today that your appt goes smoothly and that the status quo stays static! :hug:

teresajoy
12-09-2009, 09:28 AM
I hope the MRI goes well today. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

And, I see you got DATES!!! I'm excited for you guys! It will be here so soon. :thumbsup2

Momofwishkid
12-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Thank you everyone! Gavin's MRI went fairly well today. No new bleeds :thumbsup2 so we are so happy about that! He even got to bring home a few very cool pics to show off. Then he got to go out to lunch with mommy and daddy so he was happy again. :goodvibes Thanks again for the good thoughts today.

yinyanggirls
12-10-2009, 01:36 AM
Thank you everyone! Gavin's MRI went fairly well today. No new bleeds :thumbsup2 so we are so happy about that! He even got to bring home a few very cool pics to show off. Then he got to go out to lunch with mommy and daddy so he was happy again. :goodvibes Thanks again for the good thoughts today.

What a relief! And it sounds like he did well handling it. Thank goodness!

pipersmom
12-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Hooray! So glad it went so well for you at the MRI :)

maroo
12-10-2009, 09:49 AM

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

That is FANTASTIC news! :)

:yay: :woohoo: :cool1: :dance3: :cheer2:

Momofwishkid
12-14-2009, 01:04 PM
It's that time again. We did our 2nd DFN! Finding Nemo, I always forget how much I like this movie. It really is funny. We had shrimp for dinner and of course had to do goldfish while we did our craft. :) I have been including a christmas craft in our movie nights to get in the mood for the season. So here's a few pics for you
We made nemo handprints, I think they turned out pretty cute.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights008.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights009.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights012.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights013.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights014.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights015.jpg
And our candy cane reindeer!
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights010.jpg

yinyanggirls
12-14-2009, 02:32 PM
So cute! I didn't get the handprints at first, until I saw them holding it the right way. :rotfl: Love it! Good job on DFN!

pipersmom
12-16-2009, 05:27 PM
I love the handprint fish! Can't wait to hear about the next one !

Momofwishkid
12-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks Amanda and Melissa, I wasnt sure on the handprint fish but thought it might be cute and not to time consuming. Gavin gets frustrated with anything that takes to long so this was perfect. Im thinking next week is Cars since I found some foam door hangers at the dollar store that have cars on them, and of course we have to do a christmas craft to so I bought a gingerbread cookie kit. I cant wait for Sunday!

pipersmom
12-16-2009, 07:27 PM
I think the handprint fish are very cute..you might see someone else posting pictures of them here sooner or later. :rolleyes1: Can't wait to see the pics of the gingerbread cookies and door hangers!

pipersmom
12-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Call me dim, but I just noticed all your red headed children!! (Well..the red hair part, anyway..I had already noticed how cute they are!). You guys are going to be soooo easy to spot at the village! :laughing: I just started looking up park hours and emh hours and parade hours. Let me know if you want/need them :)

Momofwishkid
12-16-2009, 11:21 PM
HaHa, yes all these red heads will be easy to spot. Where it all came from :confused3 DH and I are both dark brown. Well Dh does have red in his beard when he lets it grow out but when my oldest was born I was shocked:rotfl2:
I would love to know the EMH's do you know if we get in to those??

pipersmom
12-16-2009, 11:30 PM
We don't get to use the EMH hours, I wanted to them so I would know which days would be busier at each park so I could avoid them, lol. Anyway, here they are:

3/4- MK
3/5-Epcot
3/3- AK. There were none listed for DHS while we were there, but I wasn't looking at any dates other than the 2-8, so you may want to check. I want to say the ones listed are all evening ones also, I don't think there were any morning ones.

yinyanggirls
12-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Yes, since Nemo is on the short list of Tessa approved movies, we will likely be doing hand fish too. ;)

My DH has a red beard also, and my MIL used to tell us we would have a red head child. I would say she's full of it, but she also predicted we'd get married before we were even dating. :confused3 Phoebe has "auburn" hair, which I love, but it's hard to describe since it changes depending on the light. Her Bmom told me that she has a great something or other who had flame red hair and no one since. It certainly can lurk in the branches of the family tree! Anyway, what a fun coincidence.

Momofwishkid
12-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Im trying to think of our meals for the week and I think we'll try to eat at GKTW for breakfast and dinner most days and do CS at Disney but I really want to try and get a character meal at US/IOA for the boys to see the super heros or scooby doo, spongebob, shrek. I cant find any info on where they have what characters scheduled :confused3 Does anybody know anything about this?? I see they have a character meal at Confisco but it dosent say what characters. For SW I really wanted to do Dine with Shamu but the price is a little high and I waited to long and it's all booked. Im thinking Circus McGurkus or Universal City Walk has the Nascar cafe Im sure that would be a hit with the boys. They love watching the Nascar racing with daddy.

pipersmom
12-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Im trying to think of our meals for the week and I think we'll try to eat at GKTW for breakfast and dinner most days and do CS at Disney but I really want to try and get a character meal at US/IOA for the boys to see the super heros or scooby doo, spongebob, shrek. I cant find any info on where they have what characters scheduled :confused3 Does anybody know anything about this?? I see they have a character meal at Confisco but it dosent say what characters. For SW I really wanted to do Dine with Shamu but the price is a little high and I waited to long and it's all booked. Im thinking Circus McGurkus or Universal City Walk has the Nascar cafe Im sure that would be a hit with the boys. They love watching the Nascar racing with daddy.

I was actually prowling the US/IOA site today, and from what I saw the only character dining they offer is the Confisco breakfast. I'm assuming it's prob a mix of all the characters at IOA, which seemed to be a lot of superheroes and a few others..I did see also where Spongebob and Shrek & Donkey both have character spots to meet them, so even if they weren't at the breakfast you could prob still see them. I'm with you on Circus McGurkus..did you see where the skyrail thing goes right through it? Piper will :love: that!

kellyw8863
12-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Just thought I would pop over and say hello! It sure sounds like things have been crazy for you all lately. I'm glad that Gavin's MRI went well and that there weren't any new bleeds.:cool1: One hurdle conquered, right? We've scheduled a couple of character meals at Disney, but I wasn't able to really find anything for US. I was bummed, too, because the girls love Scooby Doo. At any rate, I look forward to following your trip planning!

Kelly

Momofwishkid
12-21-2009, 11:41 PM
Just thought I would pop over and say hello! It sure sounds like things have been crazy for you all lately. I'm glad that Gavin's MRI went well and that there weren't any new bleeds.:cool1: One hurdle conquered, right? We've scheduled a couple of character meals at Disney, but I wasn't able to really find anything for US. I was bummed, too, because the girls love Scooby Doo. At any rate, I look forward to following your trip planning!

Kelly

Hi Kelly! Welcome to my PTR Im glad you found your way over. Yes, the MRI was very good I was so thankful for no new bleeds. Glad you got a few ADR's for Disney. May I ask what your going to do for US day. Im still unsure but probrably thinking Circus McGurkus.

dmbfan
12-22-2009, 09:55 PM
but I really want to try and get a character meal at US/IOA for the boys to see the super heros or scooby doo, spongebob, shrek. I cant find any info on where they have what characters scheduled :confused3 Does anybody know anything about this?? I.

At IOA you can get a free meet and greet with the superheros after they come out on there four wheelers, and than get a free photo and front of the line with Spiderman. Not sure if they do character meals there or not.

Here are a couple pictures of Jake at IOA with all the super heros.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Hannamom/Disney%20Trip/Dis942.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Hannamom/Disney%20Trip/Dis943.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Hannamom/Disney%20Trip/Dis943.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Hannamom/Disney%20Trip/Dis944.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Hannamom/Disney%20Trip/Dis945.jpg

All of us....:dance3:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Hannamom/Disney%20Trip/Dis946.jpg

yinyanggirls
12-22-2009, 11:21 PM

Well, I would say schedule it, then keep searching, then either go for it and be surprised by the characters, or cancel later if you think you found a better alternative. Try searching blogs for Universal keywords. Maybe someone, somewhere has pics and a description of it. :confused3

Momofwishkid
12-23-2009, 03:56 AM
At IOA you can get a free meet and greet with the superheros after they come out on there four wheelers, and than get a free photo and front of the line with Spiderman. Not sure if they do character meals there or not.

Here are a couple pictures of Jake at IOA with all the super heros.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Hannamom/Disney%20Trip/Dis942.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Hannamom/Disney%20Trip/Dis943.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Hannamom/Disney%20Trip/Dis943.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Hannamom/Disney%20Trip/Dis944.jpg

All of us....:dance3:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Hannamom/Disney%20Trip/Dis946.jpg

Thank you so much for the info and the pics are great! Jake looks so happy with the superheroes.

Momofwishkid
12-23-2009, 04:00 AM
Well, I would say schedule it, then keep searching, then either go for it and be surprised by the characters, or cancel later if you think you found a better alternative. Try searching blogs for Universal keywords. Maybe someone, somewhere has pics and a description of it. :confused3

Melissa, I think your right. I dont know why Im holding back on actually scheduling anything :confused3 I think maybe I still dont really think it's going to happen. I need to get on the ball though or it's going to be imposible to get anything. Alright you've motivated me and I'll get on that tomorrow :)

pipersmom
12-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Good morning, Jennifer! I guess I'm lucky in that having a girl, she would have no interest in the superheroes at all, lol. Now Scooby and the gang are another thing altogether. I know she's also excited about the Harry Potter section of the park, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at least part of it will be open by the time we get there! Good luck with your ADRs today!!

dmbfan
12-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Just make sure you let them know you coming with a wish child...it makes a huge difference. Jake wanted to eat at Margaitaville at US/IOA. So we called that day at 2pm, wanting to go at 6pm and they said they eariliest time they had was 9pm..:scared1: I than told them that would not work as it as to late, she asked if we wanted to make it the next day at that time, and I said we could not cause we were on my son's MAW trip and only had sometime...she said hang on a sec, came back on after a min and said, tonight at 6pm would be fine...:banana: When we got their, there was a 3 hour wait, and they took us right in, and got the best booth in the house...:cool1::cool1::cool1: We are HUGE Buffett fans, so it was awesome.

We did not do any CB or CD, but I am sure it would be the same way. Oh I also know of family that were on their wish trip the same time we were and they went to eat a castle, and when the were waiting in line to put their name down, they saw their Make A Wish pin, ( which I highly SUGGEST you make sure you have and wear, cause it makes to easier for the other visitors, other wise they can get really mean and nasty if they see you getting special treatment...once they see the pins, MOST people are very kind) and had them come to front of the line and got them seated right away....:yay:

dmbfan
12-23-2009, 09:01 AM
I know she's also excited about the Harry Potter section of the park, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at least part of it will be open by the time we get there! Good luck with your ADRs today!!

I am not 100% sure, but I think HP is not opening until sometime in June. My kids wanted to go back for this, but when I saw it was going to open until than, we stuck with our Feb time, as June would be to hot for Jake.

I would go over the US/IOA forum and ask...they are pretty good over there. I will keep my fingers crossed that I am wrong...:wizard:

maroo
12-23-2009, 09:05 AM
I am totally with dmbfan!

US is great with wish kids. If you want to meet a certain character, just let them know as soon as you get there and they will arrange it. Usually they arrange a fancy meet and greet. They have consistently arranged very nice meet and greets for the wish kids.

Also...if you are at a character line - they will either take you to the front or wait until the meet is about over and get all of the characters to come together to take pics.

At Disney this is not as likely - but Universal is small enough and they really take VIP to a whole new level with children staying at GKTW. :goodvibes

Just don't be afraid to tell them that you are on a wish trip (and show them your GKTW button) and they will make just about anything happen.

pipersmom
12-23-2009, 09:17 AM
I am not 100% sure, but I think HP is not opening until sometime in June. My kids wanted to go back for this, but when I saw it was going to open until than, we stuck with our Feb time, as June would be to hot for Jake.

I would go over the US/IOA forum and ask...they are pretty good over there. I will keep my fingers crossed that I am wrong...:wizard:

I've do keep my eye on that board, and last I saw there seemed to be hope that there would be a soft opening (ie, just the Hogsmeade village section) before we get there. I'm not counting on anything, but it would be nice. I know what you mean about the weather being too hot, we're in the same situation with Piper. So cool that you guys are getting to go back and volunteer! :love:

Momofwishkid
12-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks everyone I will definetley be working on things todayand will make a point to ask about meeting the character of his choice when we get there. Now I just have to figure out which one :rotfl2: There are so many.
Amanda, we are hoping Harry Potter will be open also All my kids LOVE the movies. I also heard soft opening in late January and possible open late Feb. Im really hoping so and if not at least it should be done enough to get some cool pics.

On another note we did our DFN on Sun. but I have been so busy lately and now I have my mom here and the in-laws coming today so I dont think I'll have a chance to post pics until after Christmas. One of our crafts (our christmas one was making gingerbread cookies and decorating them. I have never made homemade cookies where you actually have to roll out the dough and cut out shapes. Needless to say we decorated them BUT eating was a no go! They came out hard as a rock :rotfl2: Oh well it was still fun.

pipersmom
12-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Aww..I know you prob didn't even think about it, but next time you can always make ornaments out of them. Gingerbread is very picky as far as baking it, to not go too long a time, or too short a time, so don't feel too bad about it. I'm with you on the pics at Wizarding World even if it isn't open! Hope you're having a great day :)

MCazer
12-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Jennifer, I sent you a Private Message.

pacrosby
12-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Merry Christmas Jennifer!!! I hope you and your family are having a memory making day:)

Pamela :santa:

pnutallergymom
12-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi Jennifer!!

I am so excited to follow your PTR. What a story! Hope you have had a wonderful holiday. Looking forward to more updates!!!

Momofwishkid
12-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi Shannon, Welcome!! Glad you found my PTR and can follow along while Im following yours. :)

Momofwishkid
12-28-2009, 02:56 PM
I finally have my house back and can get back to Dissing :cool1: It has been a crazy week but we had a wondeful Christmas with all the family from both my side and Dh's family here. The kids were completley spoiled and we had a huge Christmas dinner with way to many left overs. :rotfl: That's OK leftover turkey sandwiches are the best. So I will finally put up the pics from our last DFN. We watched Cars and made cars door hangers and did our Gingerbread cookies. Now that Christmas is over I'll have to come up with more crafts to go with our movies. I love DFN it really is a nice way to have a relaxing evening.
The boys making their doorhangers.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Decorated%20images/Disneymovienights013.jpg
and the final product
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Decorated%20images/Disneymovienights020.jpg
Gavin's Gingie
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Decorated%20images/Disneymovienights007.jpg
Kia's
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Decorated%20images/Disneymovienights005.jpg
Caiden's he went a little overboard on the frosting :rotfl:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Decorated%20images/Disneymovienights006.jpg
and all of them
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Decorated%20images/Disneymovienights008.jpg
and here are some pics from Christmas morning. The kids woke me up at 4:30 in the morning Ughhh!
The kids in their new Christmas Pj's Gavin is acting like a transformer
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Decorated%20images/christmas09018.jpg
Stockings!
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Decorated%20images/christmas09023.jpg
That's grandma in the pic, looking like it's way to early :)
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Decorated%20images/christmas09025.jpg
I just love Gavin's expressions in these!
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Decorated%20images/christmas09028.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Decorated%20images/christmas09031.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Decorated%20images/christmas09032.jpg
This i just think is a cute pic
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Decorated%20images/christmas09014.jpg

dmbfan
12-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Jennifer, great pictures, all three of your kiddos are just to sweet...:flower3:, even grandma...:lovestruc

Yeah Christmas is over and it is on to Disney...:cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2:

kellyw8863
12-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Great pictures! Any luck with the ADRs for US/IOA? Just remember, you can always cancel. Heck, I've made all of our reservations and we don't even have confirmed dates yet.:rotfl2:

pipersmom
12-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Great pictures, hon! I finally showed Piper your PTR since she knows our dates now, she saw Gavin and said.."It looks like I could be good friends with him!" :lovestruc I love the pic of the two boys together too, very cute!

yinyanggirls
12-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Great pics Jennifer! Looks like a fun Cmas. I also love the two boys smiling. :lovestruc

dmbfan
12-29-2009, 04:37 PM
she saw Gavin and said.."It looks like I could be good friends with him!" :lovestruc

Oh that is to cute...:lovestruc

Momofwishkid
12-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Jennifer, great pictures, all three of your kiddos are just to sweet...:flower3:, even grandma...:lovestruc

Yeah Christmas is over and it is on to Disney...:cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2:

Thank you, I think their pretty sweet. I think gramma is going to be upset when she finds out one of her snuck in there. :)

Great pictures! Any luck with the ADRs for US/IOA? Just remember, you can always cancel. Heck, I've made all of our reservations and we don't even have confirmed dates yet.:rotfl2:

Kelly, well you lit a fire under me :lmao: I finally called this morning and made our ADR for a character meal at Trattoria del Porto for dinner! :thumbsup2 Im very excited about it. So thanks for bringing it up again.

Great pictures, hon! I finally showed Piper your PTR since she knows our dates now, she saw Gavin and said.."It looks like I could be good friends with him!" :lovestruc I love the pic of the two boys together too, very cute!

That is to cute! We have to meet up at sometime, I think they would have fun together also.

Great pics Jennifer! Looks like a fun Cmas. I also love the two boys smiling. :lovestruc

Thanks Melissa, it was a fun Cmas but Im glad it's over. :)

Momofwishkid
12-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Ok, so I've been working on our itenerary so let me know what you guys think.

Day 1 Wed. Mar. 3 Leave home at 6:45am
Arrive in Orlando at 8:05
Check into GKTW by 10:00 (Long Day)

Day 2 Thurs. Mar. 4th Orientaion GKTW??
Disney characters GKTW 8-8:30
Breakfast GKTW
SeaWorld 10:00-5:30
GKTW dinner and Christmas party :banana:

Day 3 Fri. Mar. 5th Universal characters GKTW 8:30
Breakfast GKTW
Universal Studios/IOA 10:00-6:00
Dinner reservations at Trattoria del Porto 6:30
might be able to catch the end of Pirate and Princess Party at GKTW 7:30-8:30

Day 4 Sat. Mar. 6th Horseback riding and breakfast at GKTW 8am-10
MK (open tell 10:00) Spectromagic at 7 and Wishes st 8:00
Dinner?? (somewhere in park)

Day 5 Sun Mar.7th Breakfast GKTW, make Gavin's star and the kids pillows
AK (open 9-5)
Medieval Times for dinner??

Day 6 Mon. Mar. 8th Breakfast GKTW
Epcot (where is IllumiNations?? park hours are 9-7 but IllumiNations is at 9pm??
Hollywood Studios
Dinner??

Day 7 Tues. MAr. 9th Nick character and breakfast GKTW
check out, go see Gavin's star and explore,
head to airport by 1:00
land in Seattle at 10:40 :sad1:

So after I write it out it looks like I have more work to do. It's a good start though.

pacrosby
12-29-2009, 11:02 PM
great px!!! I'm with Grandma (it's always tooooo early on xmas morning for me!!!!!!)

Your preliminary itinerary looks great! I have to laugh at myself however. I initially thought, "6:45-8:00, that's not much of a plane ride??????" THEN I realized I needed to add 3 hours onto that!!!! YIKES You guys are up early and indeed in for a loooooong day!!

Matty's Wish Trip PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Matty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356739

Momofwishkid
12-29-2009, 11:14 PM
great px!!! I'm with Grandma (it's always tooooo early on xmas morning for me!!!!!!)

Your preliminary itinerary looks great! I have to laugh at myself however. I initially thought, "6:45-8:00, that's not much of a plane ride??????" THEN I realized I needed to add 3 hours onto that!!!! YIKES You guys are up early and indeed in for a loooooong day!!

Matty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356739

:rotfl: I wish it was only 6:45 to 8:00am. It's 6:45am to 8:00pm. Right?? Now you have me thinking. I'll have to go check my flight times.

kellyw8863
12-29-2009, 11:17 PM
Yay! I think your itinerary looks great! I'll have to check out the Trattoria del Porto. Is it a character meal?

Momofwishkid
12-29-2009, 11:25 PM
:rotfl: I wish it was only 6:45 to 8:00am. It's 6:45am to 8:00pm. Right?? Now you have me thinking. I'll have to go check my flight times.

Yep, I was right it's leave home at 6:45am and arrive there at 8:00pm :sad1: thats are whole first day just getting there. By the time we get our rental can and check-in at GKTW it will time to get some sleep.

Yay! I think your itinerary looks great! I'll have to check out the Trattoria del Porto. Is it a character meal?

Thanks Kelly. Yes Trattoria is a character meal. It's italian food and they have several universal characters, but which ones it dosent say :confused3 Im hoping some super heroes or maybe scooby doo.

yinyanggirls
12-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Itinerary is looking good. Not sure why they would have Illuminations after the park is closed unless they have EMH that night? Weird.

StefaniLyn
12-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Itinerary is looking good. Not sure why they would have Illuminations after the park is closed unless they have EMH that night? Weird.

The hours for Future World and World Showcase at Epcot are different. Future World closes at 7 that day but World Showcase remains open until 9pm. At 9 they will have the Illuminations show and then the entire park will be closed after that.

pacrosby
12-30-2009, 12:48 PM

OMG!!! 8pm!! I STILL had it wrong. I was still thinking am but I was thinking backwards with the time difference and just adding 3 hours (of course you guys are behind us not ahead). Do you have a layover, or two, or THREE!!?????

Momofwishkid
12-30-2009, 01:02 PM
The hours for Future World and World Showcase at Epcot are different. Future World closes at 7 that day but World Showcase remains open until 9pm. At 9 they will have the Illuminations show and then the entire park will be closed after that.

Thanks Stephanie, I'll have to add that to my itenerary. Did you guys watch IllumiNations? Is it worth seeing?

OMG!!! 8pm!! I STILL had it wrong. I was still thinking am but I was thinking backwards with the time difference and just adding 3 hours (of course you guys are behind us not ahead). Do you have a layover, or two, or THREE!!?????

:lmao: Yep, were 3 hours behind and have a 1 1/2 layover in Dallas. Im sure were going to be exhausted by the time we get there.

kayrosek
12-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Well I'm not Stephanie but we recently got back from our first WDW trip ever and we did see Illuminations. I had wondered if we would enjoy it because of some reviews I read but honestly we loved it. The kids DD12, DD10, and DS9 (he is Autistic spectrum among other things and cognitivley he is more like 6) all enjoyed it. The older two asked me alot of qestions about the story and Jonnie just kept pointing out the fireworks and pyrotechnics and they all liked the music. I would make time to see it again in a heart beat but we are fireworks people and DH and DS like pyrotechnis so it ws right up our alley. If you guys enjoy fireworks and the kids will enjoy a show that is partially lights, partially fireworks and partially pyrotechnics then you will enjoy it. Hope this helps some.

StefaniLyn
12-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks Stephanie, I'll have to add that to my itenerary. Did you guys watch IllumiNations? Is it worth seeing?

We left Epcot to go to Mayor Clayton's B-Day party at GKTW and didn't end up returning for Illuminations. We had seen it in the past. It's a good show, but I personally wouldn't go out of your way to see it. If you are already at Epcot that day, then by all means stay for Illuminations unless the kids are having a meltdown. But if you are somewhere else, it is a lot of walking and waiting to see a show that is just "pretty good'.

Momofwishkid
12-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Well I'm not Stephanie but we recently got back from our first WDW trip ever and we did see Illuminations. I had wondered if we would enjoy it because of some reviews I read but honestly we loved it. The kids DD12, DD10, and DS9 (he is Autistic spectrum among other things and cognitivley he is more like 6) all enjoyed it. The older two asked me alot of qestions about the story and Jonnie just kept pointing out the fireworks and pyrotechnics and they all liked the music. I would make time to see it again in a heart beat but we are fireworks people and DH and DS like pyrotechnis so it ws right up our alley. If you guys enjoy fireworks and the kids will enjoy a show that is partially lights, partially fireworks and partially pyrotechnics then you will enjoy it. Hope this helps some.

First off Welcome!! Glad your following along. Thanks for the input. I know I love fireworks and so do my older and younger kids but Gavin hates all the noise. He's already saying he dosent even want to do the Wishes fireworks.:scared1: but Im thinking maybe with some ear plugs he'll be Ok.

We left Epcot to go to Mayor Clayton's B-Day party at GKTW and didn't end up returning for Illuminations. We had seen it in the past. It's a good show, but I personally wouldn't go out of your way to see it. If you are already at Epcot that day, then by all means stay for Illuminations unless the kids are having a meltdown. But if you are somewhere else, it is a lot of walking and waiting to see a show that is just "pretty good'.

Stephanie, thanks. I guess we'll just wait and see how were feeling. Were definetley hitting the fireworks at MK so if needed I think this could be passed up.

pipersmom
01-03-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm bumping you up ;) Right now our plan is doing Epcot on Thurs (GKTW Christmas party) so I think we're going to end up skipping Illuminations. We're def doing Wishes and Fantasmic though :)

Momofwishkid
01-04-2010, 07:48 PM
We got an amazing gift in the mail today. A few weeks ago I got a PM from an amazing woman named Margaret (MCazer) saying she makes autograph books and sells them on e-bay and she read our PTR and wanted to send one for Gavin and his brother and sister!! She gave us her e-bay site and the kids got to go pick out the one's they wanted. They were so excited as she has soo many amazing designs. As we were looking at her site we saw she not only does the autograph books but they come with a little bag and pen also. Too cute! The kids picked their designs and I let Margaret know just last week. We checked our mail today and it was here! I cant believe how fast she got them made and we are so happy with them. Great job Margaret!
Look what the box said, Gavin was so happy to get mail!
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/disney026.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/disney020.jpg
He loves his Woody!
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/disney021.jpg
She made him an autograph book AND a photo book
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/disney022.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/disney023.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/disney024.jpg
The kids also got sheriff badges! Yay, sheriff Woody
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/disney025.jpg
My very favorite is these pictures she sent us, I dont know how she did it but Good job! I love them and the kids got a huge kick out of them.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/disney027.jpg
Then Kia came home and opened her's
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/disney030.jpg
She thinks she's so grown up and is loving the skulls!
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/disney032.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/disney034.jpg
Then Caiden came home and got his right away
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/disney035.jpg
He is very happy with his Buzz
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/disney037.jpg
and all three of them
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/disney038.jpg

Thank you Margaret! We just love everything. Oh and she sent a luggage tag for each of us that are so adorable. I forgot pics of these but I will get on that soon. We were expecting autograph books and got a whole box of goodies! That was so very sweet of you.

pipersmom
01-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Very cool, Jennifer..isn't pixie dust awesome? Woohoo..the trips are getting closer and closer!

yinyanggirls
01-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Jennifer, that package was sure a hit with the kids! I love the photo of the kids heads superimposed. Too funny! What a wonderful gift.

StefaniLyn
01-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Those are awesome! What a wonderful, generous lady. I will have to look her up on ebay next time we go!

Momofwishkid
01-05-2010, 01:05 AM
Very cool, Jennifer..isn't pixie dust awesome? Woohoo..the trips are getting closer and closer!

Amanda, it was so awesome to recieve this pixie dust. We are so greatful and loved everything. Yes! Our trips are getting so close, less than 2 months now :banana:

Jennifer, that package was sure a hit with the kids! I love the photo of the kids heads superimposed. Too funny! What a wonderful gift.

The kids loved it! Im sure your girls are going to feel the same when your Big Give stuff starts arriving! Congrats again. I love the superimposed pic and it's Toy Story! Gavin's favorite, he thought it was perfect he was Woody.

Those are awesome! What a wonderful, generous lady. I will have to look her up on ebay next time we go!

Definetley, she is a wonderful person. Please do look her up on e-bay. I can give you her e-bay Id if you ever want to see her stuff. She has tons of designs. All beautiful!

kellyw8863
01-05-2010, 06:14 PM
That is fantastic! I love the looks on the kids' faces. They are so obviously pleased with everything.:goodvibes

StefaniLyn
01-05-2010, 08:34 PM
[COLOR="royalblue"]Definetley, she is a wonderful person. Please do look her up on e-bay. I can give you her e-bay Id if you ever want to see her stuff. She has tons of designs. All beautiful!

Can you PM me her ebay ID please? I'd like to add her to my favorite sellers so I know what she has and keep her info on hand for our next trip.

pacrosby
01-05-2010, 11:26 PM
First off Welcome!! Glad your following along. Thanks for the input. I know I love fireworks and so do my older and younger kids but Gavin hates all the noise. He's already saying he dosent even want to do the Wishes fireworks.:scared1: but Im thinking maybe with some ear plugs he'll be Ok.

LOL Matty hates the noise that accompanies the fireworks too and that makes it really hard to go and enjoy them without feeling like we are traumatizing him. He is better than he used to be....................he used to scream and cry. Kind of made me wonder if it were actually 'louder' for him and perhaps caused some sort of discomfort his reaction was so severe. He doesn't cry now but still holds his ears and winces. Maybe we should consider ear plugs in the future as well.

Momofwishkid
01-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Can you PM me her ebay ID please? I'd like to add her to my favorite sellers so I know what she has and keep her info on hand for our next trip.

Stephanie, I sent you a PM

LOL Matty hates the noise that accompanies the fireworks too and that makes it really hard to go and enjoy them without feeling like we are traumatizing him. He is better than he used to be....................he used to scream and cry. Kind of made me wonder if it were actually 'louder' for him and perhaps caused some sort of discomfort his reaction was so severe. He doesn't cry now but still holds his ears and winces. Maybe we should consider ear plugs in the future as well.

I get that guilty feeling too, but Gavin does love watching the fireworks so Im really hopeful earpugs will work. If not maybe just going further away but hopefully where we can still see them

Momofwishkid
01-06-2010, 12:06 AM
It's time for another DFN :banana: Mulan
This one was done out of covenience in a way. Gramma was over and decided to treat us to dinner and we decided on Chinese food. We were running a few days behind on doing our DFN so I thought Perfect! :thumbsup2 Sis-in-law lives next door and I know she owns Mulan so I sent Kia over for it and we had instant DFN! Well I did have to come up with a craft but that was easy. Chinese paper lanterns and fans :) Really easy. I folded the paper and drew the cutting lines for the lanterns for the boys and they cut them out.
Caiden giving everyone directions (although he has no clue what he's doing :lmao:)
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights003.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights004.jpg
Kia folding her fan
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights005.jpg
Our finished projects which I think turned out pretty good!
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights008.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights010.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights009.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights011.jpg
And our take out boxes :rotfl: I was so planning on taking pics of the food but somehow forgot
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights012.jpg

pipersmom
01-06-2010, 12:21 AM
Ohh..the lanterns and fans came out great! What a clever idea Jennifer! (translate that to...I might just steal it! :lmao: ) We love Chinese here as well, and Piper really does like Mulan. I need to pay you, StefaniLyn, and Melissa royalty fees or something! We're going to do our first movie night this weekend!

yinyanggirls
01-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Awesome! :woohoo: You know I love an easy stress-free movie night! Great job on the craft. I will probably copy those, thanks! ;)

Momofwishkid
01-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Ohh..the lanterns and fans came out great! What a clever idea Jennifer! (translate that to...I might just steal it! :lmao: ) We love Chinese here as well, and Piper really does like Mulan. I need to pay you, StefaniLyn, and Melissa royalty fees or something! We're going to do our first movie night this weekend!

Awesome! :woohoo: You know I love an easy stress-free movie night! Great job on the craft. I will probably copy those, thanks! ;)

Thanks girls :goodvibes We are really loving doing thee DFN and believe me the easier and least stressful the better. Even doing these simple things Gavin starts to get frustrated pretty easily. But that's OK even if I have to take over and do his he loves the finished product and takes all the credit :rotfl: I cant wait to read about your first DFN Amanda and Melissa feel free to copy these. I came up with the fans from someone else's PTR awhile ago.

pacrosby
01-06-2010, 07:35 PM
ooooohhhhh love those paper lanterns (especially the paper that Kia's is made out of).

Nice job flying by the seat of your pants!!!!!

Mattty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356739

StefaniLyn
01-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Great job on your Family Movie Night! I love the fans and lanterns! Is this going to be a 'regular' thing for you guys?

Momofwishkid
01-07-2010, 12:13 AM
[/COLOR]ooooohhhhh love those paper lanterns (especially the paper that Kia's is made out of).

Nice job flying by the seat of your pants!!!!!

Mattty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356739

Thanks Pamela, gotta love scrapbook paper for last minute crafts :lmao:

Great job on your Family Movie Night! I love the fans and lanterns! Is this going to be a 'regular' thing for you guys?

Thanks Stephanie, Yes this is definetley going to be a regular thing for us! We have always tried to do a family night but Im loving including the crafts even if were not very creative. :)

Momofwishkid
01-08-2010, 01:05 AM
I have the most exciting news We have been chosen to be apart of the Big Give!! :cool1: :banana: :yay: I am so exited and greatful. I just started crying when I opened the PM asking us to be a part of it. These people have such huge hearts and are so talented. :worship: Im so overwhelmed with all the support and kindness everyone has shown to us and Gavin's wish trip and now the Big give have been a huge part of helping me cope with everything that has happened in the past 6 months. As some of you may know Gavin's diagnosis of multiple rare brain tumors called cavernomas is pretty new and something we are still dealing with accepting. Im in that stage of accepting but being obsessive about finding info on this condition. Which hasnt been easy since not only is it rare but the way his has progressed so rapidly is extremly rare. Anyway Im rambling now, my point is having all this good stuff to think about and yes obsess about has given me a much needed break from thinking of the bad stuff. Im so thankful I found this board and hope any lurkers out there will join because it's not just a disney board it's a wonderful support system. Thank you Thank you to all involved in the Big Give and to my fellow Wish families for the support you have given.

pipersmom
01-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Woohoo...I am so excited for you!! I was hoping you would be sharing that news ;) The boards are great, aren't they?? I know exactly what you mean about having good things to think about for a change!

party: :banana: party: :banana:

cantwaittoseemickey
01-08-2010, 02:55 PM
:cool1::cool1::banana::banana: Yayy for the BIG GIVE:cool1: I can't wait to see all the neat things the wonderful people send to you all!

scouthawkk
01-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Hi, Jennifer:wave2: I'm a Jennifer, too.:cheer2: And my DH is also in HVAC (he is union, IUOE Local 99 here in Maryland). But his name is Ben, not Joe (but my middle name is Jo, does that count?). Found you through the Disbotique board. I lurke there (one of these days I may get the courage to actually post there, too, but my stuff isn't nearly as fantastic as theirs). But I linked here through their BigGive for your son. I actually did sign up for the give this time, my first.

I've been sewing for a couple of years now. Mostly for my own son, very excited about making stuff for others.

I look forward to the rest of your PTR, and hope to find a post trip report when you return. If I read correctly, it appears you may be at Sea World on what would have been my mom's 62nd birthday (March 4th). I acutally used to work at Sea World when the had a park in Ohio (didn't make much sense to me, either, but it paid ok for a college student on summer break). I've also been to the one in California with a Girl Scout trip. But haven't been to the one in Orlando. Maybe one day...

Best wishes and prayers for your family.

Jen

pnutallergymom
01-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Hi Jennifer!!!

That is soooooo awesome about the BIG GIVE!!! Can't wait to see the pics of all the wonderful things you guys will receive!!!

I just adored the paper lanterns. What a great idea!!! I've got to get on some of this stuff!!!!

Momofwishkid
01-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Woohoo...I am so excited for you!! I was hoping you would be sharing that news ;) The boards are great, aren't they?? I know exactly what you mean about having good things to think about for a change!

party: :banana: party: :banana:

Thanks Amanda, we are so excited. You should have seen the kids when I showed them some of the clothes that are designed. They were jumping around and couldnt believe someone is going to make stuff for Them!

:cool1::cool1::banana::banana: Yayy for the BIG GIVE:cool1: I can't wait to see all the neat things the wonderful people send to you all!

Thanks! We cant wait to see them either it's so exciting!

Hi, Jennifer:wave2: I'm a Jennifer, too.:cheer2: And my DH is also in HVAC (he is union, IUOE Local 99 here in Maryland). But his name is Ben, not Joe (but my middle name is Jo, does that count?). Found you through the Disbotique board. I lurke there (one of these days I may get the courage to actually post there, too, but my stuff isn't nearly as fantastic as theirs). But I linked here through their BigGive for your son. I actually did sign up for the give this time, my first.

I've been sewing for a couple of years now. Mostly for my own son, very excited about making stuff for others.

I look forward to the rest of your PTR, and hope to find a post trip report when you return. If I read correctly, it appears you may be at Sea World on what would have been my mom's 62nd birthday (March 4th). I acutally used to work at Sea World when the had a park in Ohio (didn't make much sense to me, either, but it paid ok for a college student on summer break). I've also been to the one in California with a Girl Scout trip. But haven't been to the one in Orlando. Maybe one day...

Best wishes and prayers for your family.

Jen

Hi Jen and Welcome! It seems we have some things in common :goodvibes My hubby isnt with the union although is lookig into applying for a job with a union company. The one he's with now isnt doing to well and is asking everybody to take a pay cut. :sad2: Thank you so much for signing up for the Big Give! :hug: I am so touched and cant wait to see the awesome things the kids receive and you should definetley post on the disboutiqers board. They all seem like kind amazing helpful woman and Im sure they would be welcoming.
Yes,we will be at Sea World on the 4th of March and cant wait. We are all big time sea life freaks around here so it's bound to be one of our favorites! Your mom will be in my thoughts while were there.

Hi Jennifer!!!

That is soooooo awesome about the BIG GIVE!!! Can't wait to see the pics of all the wonderful things you guys will receive!!!

I just adored the paper lanterns. What a great idea!!! I've got to get on some of this stuff!!!!

Hi, I will definetley be posting tons of pics of the Big Give items I cant wait to show them off. You have got to start doing DFN's they are so much fun and you can make it as simple and stress free or as creative as you want. I've learned the kids could care less as log as their having fun!

kellyw8863
01-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Congrats on the Big Give!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I love reading about your DFN and looking at the pictures. I can't wait until we have dates so we can do more of that stuff without feeling like we're jumping the gun. I already feel that way having started a PTR.:rotfl2: I hear you on having something else to focus your energy on. My husband teases me for spending so much time here and for making Disney plans when things aren't even written in stone yet, but he doesn't understand as the family's chief researcher, that it is so nice to research and obsess over something that isn't followed by the word "disease." Unless, of course, you count Disney fever.:rotfl2:

Thanks for posting all the pictures. I look forward to following along!

pnutallergymom
01-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Hi Jennifer,

I was reading on Mattys TR that you guys will be at US for Mardi Gras!! We were there last year....Pat Benatar was the concert.

We actually had my mother stay in with the kids and we got a Night Out!! The parade was AMAZING!!! So was the concert...:thumbsup2

I will just add that it is CRAZY. I think you will love it, but just wanted to forewarn you that there are a TON of adults drinking... They throw beads out at the crowd and people (adults) literally seemed to be killing each other over getting these beads!!!!:scared1::scared1:

The park was beyond crowded and I think that I would have to think twice about bringing my little ones if we were ever there during Mardi Gras again. Bryan and I had a blast!!!:cool1:......but I can see where it could even get a little dangerous for the kids.

You would have the GKTW button, so wouldn't have a problem getting on rides, but we never got on a single ride the entire night we were there...that is how busy it is. The lines for drinks, snacks etc......worst I have EVER seen it.

So, good luck with what ever you decide!!!! Just wanted to give you a heads up!!!

kdzbear
01-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Congrats on being chosen for the Big Give! Your family deserves it! :wizard:

Momofwishkid
01-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Congrats on the Big Give!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I love reading about your DFN and looking at the pictures. I can't wait until we have dates so we can do more of that stuff without feeling like we're jumping the gun. I already feel that way having started a PTR.:rotfl2: I hear you on having something else to focus your energy on. My husband teases me for spending so much time here and for making Disney plans when things aren't even written in stone yet, but he doesn't understand as the family's chief researcher, that it is so nice to research and obsess over something that isn't followed by the word "disease." Unless, of course, you count Disney fever.:rotfl2:

Thanks for posting all the pictures. I look forward to following along!

Hi Kelly, Thanks. I cant wait for you to get your dates also. I started my PTR before our dates and remember how hard it was during that waiting.

Hi Jennifer,

I was reading on Mattys TR that you guys will be at US for Mardi Gras!! We were there last year....Pat Benatar was the concert.

We actually had my mother stay in with the kids and we got a Night Out!! The parade was AMAZING!!! So was the concert...:thumbsup2

I will just add that it is CRAZY. I think you will love it, but just wanted to forewarn you that there are a TON of adults drinking... They throw beads out at the crowd and people (adults) literally seemed to be killing each other over getting these beads!!!!:scared1::scared1:

The park was beyond crowded and I think that I would have to think twice about bringing my little ones if we were ever there during Mardi Gras again. Bryan and I had a blast!!!:cool1:......but I can see where it could even get a little dangerous for the kids.

You would have the GKTW button, so wouldn't have a problem getting on rides, but we never got on a single ride the entire night we were there...that is how busy it is. The lines for drinks, snacks etc......worst I have EVER seen it.

So, good luck with what ever you decide!!!! Just wanted to give you a heads up!!!

Thank you thank you for this info. I had been wondering how it would be for the kids. I think were going to pass on it this trip. It appears to only be on Saturdays and as much as I would love to see it. It dosent sound like the rght enviornment for the kids. I really appreciate the info.

Congrats on being chosen for the Big Give! Your family deserves it! :wizard:

Thank you! I am loving your TR and all the photpass pics. Good job!

cantwaittoseemickey
01-09-2010, 06:53 PM
The dates are getting CLOSER!! :cool1::cool1: It's almost crunch time:cool1:

The whole Mardi Gra thing has me a bit concerned. I keep forgetting about it being the week we are there. I need to look that up again.

teresajoy
01-10-2010, 04:28 PM
I have the most exciting news We have been chosen to be apart of the Big Give!! :cool1: :banana: :yay: I am so exited and greatful. I just started crying when I opened the PM asking us to be a part of it. These people have such huge hearts and are so talented. :worship: Im so overwhelmed with all the support and kindness everyone has shown to us and Gavin's wish trip and now the Big give have been a huge part of helping me cope with everything that has happened in the past 6 months. As some of you may know Gavin's diagnosis of multiple rare brain tumors called cavernomas is pretty new and something we are still dealing with accepting. Im in that stage of accepting but being obsessive about finding info on this condition. Which hasnt been easy since not only is it rare but the way his has progressed so rapidly is extremly rare. Anyway Im rambling now, my point is having all this good stuff to think about and yes obsess about has given me a much needed break from thinking of the bad stuff. Im so thankful I found this board and hope any lurkers out there will join because it's not just a disney board it's a wonderful support system. Thank you Thank you to all involved in the Big Give and to my fellow Wish families for the support you have given.

Jennifer, thank YOU! I'm so happy you are excited and that the Give can help take your mind off some of the bad stuff you've been dealing with. :hug: We are all excited that you wanted to participate! And, I agree, this board is sooo much more than just about Disney! There are so many wonderful people on here.

yinyanggirls
01-10-2010, 05:03 PM
WOOHOO for the Big Give! It's going to add so much excitement to your pre-trip planning. :yay:

Momofwishkid
01-10-2010, 10:53 PM
The dates are getting CLOSER!! :cool1::cool1: It's almost crunch time:cool1:

Yes they are we have 1 month 3 weeks left!! :scared1: It's going by so fast I almost want it to slow down. (almost)

The whole Mardi Gra thing has me a bit concerned. I keep forgetting about it being the week we are there. I need to look that up again.

Im pretty sure we've decided not to do it this trip. Not that were likely to go back but it just dosent sound like a good friendly family time.

Jennifer, thank YOU! I'm so happy you are excited and that the Give can help take your mind off some of the bad stuff you've been dealing with. :hug: We are all excited that you wanted to participate! And, I agree, this board is sooo much more than just about Disney! There are so many wonderful people on here.

Theresa, Again Thank you. You are soo sweet.:hug: I am getting very anxious about the Big Give and really am hoping to be able to do something for another family when we get back.

WOOHOO for the Big Give! It's going to add so much excitement to your pre-trip planning. :yay:

Thanks Melissa. Isnt it soo exciting! It really does add to the excitment, we cant wait.

Momofwishkid
01-10-2010, 11:11 PM
In trying to get back on schedule. It's time for another DFN this week was
Monsters Inc!!

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights018.jpg
We decided to let the kids eat while watching the movie this week. It was already getting late. Nothing special with the menu but I can sure name things. We have Sully spaghetti and Boo bread :lmao:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights001.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights002.jpg

Then we played a little game I found on the Disney thread board. You roll a die and have to draw that many body parts to make your monster (ie: 4 heads 3 eyes and so on)
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights021.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights025.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights024.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights023.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights054.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights055.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights056.jpg
Then we were supposed to decorate our cookies like Mike and Sully but the kids just put on some candy and called it good. :)
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights029.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights028.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights031.jpg
My cookie that's supposed to be Mike but it looks more like Plankton from Spongebob :rotfl:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights034.jpg
I just love that little Boo, she's soo cute! Do they have Boo at the parks or just Mike and Sully??

I have some good news. Gavin rode his bike today!! :cool1: The first time since his surgery and his muscles have been so weak. Poor boy his birthday was 5 days before he went in the hospital and we had gotten him a new bike. He never got to ride it and that was the first thing he wanted to do when we came home but he tried and just was to weak and had no control over his hand to steer. Well today he did awesome. He only made it about a block if that and just got to tired but he rode it and I was so happy!!
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights039.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights040.jpg

StefaniLyn
01-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Love Monster's Inc Movie Night! That game looks like a lot of fun, we'll have to try it sometime. And that cookie really does bear a strong resemblance to Plankton! :rotfl2:

It is heartwarming to see the photos of Gavin riding his bike. He must have been so disappointed not being able to ride it right away! What a special day!

yinyanggirls
01-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Hurray for movie night! I love Monsters Inc. I wonder if Tessa would like that one. Her daily request is Monsters vs Aliens, so maybe the whole monster connection would draw her in? I think we just might eat in front of the tv every time because it worked really well last time. Not only does it compact the time, it gave Tessa something to do while the movie gets going and she's not interested yet. I usually annoy my husband and make my family eat at the dining table so they should love the break from the routine. Your kids certainly didn't seem to mind! (oh, and good job on naming the food!:lmao:) Loved your creations too!

Momofwishkid
01-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Love Monster's Inc Movie Night! That game looks like a lot of fun, we'll have to try it sometime. And that cookie really does bear a strong resemblance to Plankton! :rotfl2:

It is heartwarming to see the photos of Gavin riding his bike. He must have been so disappointed not being able to ride it right away! What a special day!

thanks Stephanie, you really should try the game. The kids loved it and you come out with some pretty funny monsters.
Gavin riding his bike was really special, it just proved that he's getting back some of the functions that were lost and we didnt know if he'd ever get back.

Hurray for movie night! I love Monsters Inc. I wonder if Tessa would like that one. Her daily request is Monsters vs Aliens, so maybe the whole monster connection would draw her in? I think we just might eat in front of the tv every time because it worked really well last time. Not only does it compact the time, it gave Tessa something to do while the movie gets going and she's not interested yet. I usually annoy my husband and make my family eat at the dining table so they should love the break from the routine. Your kids certainly didn't seem to mind! (oh, and good job on naming the food!:lmao:) Loved your creations too!

I think she would like it if she's into monsters that are cute and cuddly! I would definetley try it.

cantwaittoseemickey
01-12-2010, 08:11 AM
The Monsters game sounds really neat. Way to go Gavin riding your bike:banana:

scouthawkk
01-12-2010, 03:17 PM

I wanted to comment on the noise and earplug thing. For DS, we used (and sometimes still do) the Mack's brand silicone ones (http://www.macksearplugs.com/pillow_soft_silicone_earplugs.htm). At first it was to keep water out of his ears because of his tubes, but then he started not liking loud noises, fireworks in particular! That was right after he had the tubes inserted, and it dawned on us that he was finally hearing properly for the first time (at 16 months). So we started using the silicone plugs for fireworks, hockey games, or anything else he was afraid of being too loud. Blocked out enough of the loud noises for him to be comfortable, but still allowed him to hear enough to listen to directions or be able to have a regular conversation. He never liked the kind that go into the ear, so these worked great!

Jen

yinyanggirls
01-12-2010, 03:37 PM
I wanted to comment on the noise and earplug thing. For DS, we used (and sometimes still do) the Mack's brand silicone ones (http://www.macksearplugs.com/pillow_soft_silicone_earplugs.htm). At first it was to keep water out of his ears because of his tubes, but then he started not liking loud noises, fireworks in particular! That was right after he had the tubes inserted, and it dawned on us that he was finally hearing properly for the first time (at 16 months). So we started using the silicone plugs for fireworks, hockey games, or anything else he was afraid of being too loud. Blocked out enough of the loud noises for him to be comfortable, but still allowed him to hear enough to listen to directions or be able to have a regular conversation. He never liked the kind that go into the ear, so these worked great!

Jen

Thanks for the tip! I just bought some cheap insert type plugs at WalMart to test out before we go. Problem is, I don't know what to test them with. :confused3

Momofwishkid
01-12-2010, 03:46 PM

Jen

Oh Thanks for the info. I was looking into the noise blocking headphones but there so big to carry around to the parks. I'll have to check these out.

scouthawkk
01-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the tip! I just bought some cheap insert type plugs at WalMart to test out before we go. Problem is, I don't know what to test them with. :confused3

You could always crank the tv or radio up real loud. DH has lost some of his hearing over the years because of playing in bands at really noisy bars. So he cranks the tv up all the time. Sometimes I actually think about getting up and getting a pair of the plugs for myself, just so it isn't so loud for me!

pipersmom
01-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Jennifer!! It's so awesome that Gavin was able to ride his bike! What a great milestone of recovery, and the best part is the more he does it the easier it will get for him! I love it..almost started tearing up, I know it has to mean a lot to you & the family!

I love the draw a monster game! Very cool idea..and great naming there too! We're getting closer!!

scouthawkk
01-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh Thanks for the info. I was looking into the noise blocking headphones but there so big to carry around to the parks. I'll have to check these out.

Usually what I do is carry one pair with me at a time if I know I'm going to need them. I have a contact lens container I use. One plug in each side. Slips right into a pocket or purse real easily.

kellyw8863
01-12-2010, 04:35 PM
You're really rocking the movie nights! The game sounds so much fun! I can't wait until we have dates so we can start doing some here. I love all the pics, and how great that Gavin was able to ride his bike again! What a great milestone!

pnutallergymom
01-12-2010, 08:27 PM
OMG!!! I am totally stealing your Monsters Inc. DFN!! That looked like so much fun!!!:thumbsup2

Hey Gavin!!! Way to Go on the bike ride!!!:cool1: That is such good news!! Keep up the good work!!!

Momofwishkid
01-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Jennifer!! It's so awesome that Gavin was able to ride his bike! What a great milestone of recovery, and the best part is the more he does it the easier it will get for him! I love it..almost started tearing up, I know it has to mean a lot to you & the family!

I love the draw a monster game! Very cool idea..and great naming there too! We're getting closer!!

You're really rocking the movie nights! The game sounds so much fun! I can't wait until we have dates so we can start doing some here. I love all the pics, and how great that Gavin was able to ride his bike again! What a great milestone!

OMG!!! I am totally stealing your Monsters Inc. DFN!! That looked like so much fun!!!:thumbsup2

Hey Gavin!!! Way to Go on the bike ride!!!:cool1: That is such good news!! Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks girls! It really was a great milestone for Gavin. We dont know how long the progression will last before he starts going down hill so these little things are really special.
I hope you guys start a DFN they are soo fun!! :goodvibes

pacrosby
01-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Lovin' your activities for you Monsters Inc. DFN!! My kids would love that (note to self for our return trip LOL)

And so great to see Gavin enjoying some family time on his bicycle.

Did you say you were going to skip Universal entirely because of Mardi Gras or did you mean you were going to skip the concert? Because I'd hate to see you miss the whole park..................maybe go early in the day. I wouldn't think the "crazies' would be out until later (they'll still be in bed nursing their hangovers:laughing:)

Momofwishkid
01-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Lovin' your activities for you Monsters Inc. DFN!! My kids would love that (note to self for our return trip LOL)

And so great to see Gavin enjoying some family time on his bicycle.

Did you say you were going to skip Universal entirely because of Mardi Gras or did you mean you were going to skip the concert? Because I'd hate to see you miss the whole park..................maybe go early in the day. I wouldn't think the "crazies' would be out until later (they'll still be in bed nursing their hangovers:laughing:)

Hi Pamela, no were not skipping it entirley just the Mardi Gras part. It looks like Mardi Gras is only on Sat.'s so we will be fine when we go. No way would I miss it altogether. :goodvibes

jenb1023
01-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Another Jennifer checking in! I don't know if you guys are on facebook but there is a quiz on there that grades your parents originality on naming you. You put in your name and the year you were born and it gives them a grade. My parents got an F-. :lmao: Serves them right for having a daughter in the 70's and naming her Jennifer.

Anyway! I am hopping on board for your PTR. Congrats on the Big Give and on Gavin riding his bike!

Momofwishkid
01-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Another Jennifer checking in! I don't know if you guys are on facebook but there is a quiz on there that grades your parents originality on naming you. You put in your name and the year you were born and it gives them a grade. My parents got an F-. :lmao: Serves them right for having a daughter in the 70's and naming her Jennifer.

Anyway! I am hopping on board for your PTR. Congrats on the Big Give and on Gavin riding his bike!

Welcome Jennifer!! Havent taken the quiz but I am possitive my parent got a Big fat F too :lmao: I remember growing up there were at least 2-3 Jennifer's in every class I has in school. I have an older brother named Jason which was also very popular and I always tease my mom because there is actually a baby name book called Baby names Beyond Jason and Jennifer! :lmao:
I tried to go with unique names for my kids but Caiden is seeming to be pretty popular lately.
Thanks for following along! We are so excited about the Big Give and cant wait to see what comes.

jenb1023
01-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Welcome Jennifer!! Havent taken the quiz but I am possitive my parent got a Big fat F too :lmao: I remember growing up there were at least 2-3 Jennifer's in every class I has in school. I have an older brother named Jason which was also very popular and I always tease my mom because there is actually a baby name book called Baby names Beyond Jason and Jennifer! :lmao:
I tried to go with unique names for my kids but Caiden is seeming to be pretty popular lately.
Thanks for following along! We are so excited about the Big Give and cant wait to see what comes.

This is too funny!!! Guess what my husband's name is??? Jason! We always laugh that there is a baby book named for us. I tried to go a little more unusual too - my DD's name is Jordan. I told my DH and my family that no names in the top 20 would even be considered and nothing with a nickname since some people still call me Jenny (which I hate - I prefer Jen).

Momofwishkid
01-13-2010, 02:37 PM
This is too funny!!! Guess what my husband's name is??? Jason! We always laugh that there is a baby book named for us. I tried to go a little more unusual too - my DD's name is Jordan. I told my DH and my family that no names in the top 20 would even be considered and nothing with a nickname since some people still call me Jenny (which I hate - I prefer Jen).

HaHa :lmao: Guess us Jennifer's have to stick with together. It seems everytime I meet a Jennifer we have alot in common. My DH 's name is Talyn but everyone calls him Joe. His family has way out there names. Talyn, Teep and Ordella. They all go by nicknames or middle names :rotfl: Im with you hate Jenny and Jenna which my mom still calls me.

Momofwishkid
01-13-2010, 05:09 PM
So we were sitting around today because Gavin has a belly ache and the doorbell rang. Guess what it was! A package from StefaniLyn. Gavin was sooo excited. I made him wait while I found the camera and he just sat and stared at it because it was addressed to him!! It was so funny he couldnt believe it.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights001-1.jpg
And believe me he noticed Goofy right away and said it must be from Goofy
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights002-1.jpg
He tried desperatley to get it open but Mommy had to take over and cut the tape.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights003-2.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights004-1.jpg
So what was in the package.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights007.jpg
A countdown calendar!! :cool1: I had fallen in love with the one Stephanie had made for Bella's trip and she was so kind to offer to make one for us!!
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights006-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights008-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights011-1.jpg

Thank you soo much Stephanie, We LOVE it! We can hardly wait to start taking off those little Mickey heads. Only 4 more days. Gavin is so excited I may just have to try to cut out 4 MH's so he can start tonight!

pipersmom
01-13-2010, 09:01 PM
That calendar is so awesome, Jennifer, and Gavin looked like he was having a blast anticipating what was in it!

Stephanie..Awesome calendar!! Very very cute, that was sooo nice of you to do! :hug:

Momofwishkid
01-13-2010, 11:25 PM
That calendar is so awesome, Jennifer, and Gavin looked like he was having a blast anticipating what was in it!

Stephanie..Awesome calendar!! Very very cute, that was sooo nice of you to do! :hug:

Thanks Amanda, Stephanie really did do an awesome job on it and she's so sweet for doing it for us!

yinyanggirls
01-14-2010, 01:36 AM
You could always crank the tv or radio up real loud. DH has lost some of his hearing over the years because of playing in bands at really noisy bars. So he cranks the tv up all the time. Sometimes I actually think about getting up and getting a pair of the plugs for myself, just so it isn't so loud for me!

LOL! It must be a male thing because my DH does that too, but I'm sure the noisy bars didn't help. Thanks for the tips on the plugs. I'm definitely going to experiment and come up with something before we go. I know my DDs will love it if it's not too loud.

I always tease my mom because there is actually a baby name book called Baby names Beyond Jason and Jennifer! :lmao:

I remember seeing that book! How funny.

My DH 's name is Talyn but everyone calls him Joe. His family has way out there names. Talyn, Teep and Ordella.

I think Talyn is pretty cool! Not sure his sibs got such a good deal though. :lmao:

Thumper321
01-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Love, love, love the countdown calendar! I'm going to have to try to make Aidan one once we know his dates. Gavin looked so excited!

Momofwishkid
01-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Today has been a hard day. Gavin woke up this morning not feeling well and started throwing-up so after a call to neurosurgery we were off to Childrens. They did a cat scan and things look OK but were watching him close for the next few days as this is how it started before his last hemmorage. They also want to check his liver and make sure his medications arent affecting that.
I took the advice of others here and packed a bag just in case we were admitted and it worked packing = no stay!! :lmao:

On the Disney front well the Sea World front :) I had to copy Amanda and call to see if they could arrange something special for Gavin. So after talking to Gavin about what animal he would most like to see up close he chose SHAMU! So I called them and asked if their was any way we could do this. I got an e-mail this morning that they arranged a private meet and greet with Shamu! We are to meet the trainer after the Believe show and go behind the scenes. :cool1: I am so excited about this. Gavin not so much since he's not feeling well but Im sure he will be thrilled when he's doing better. Sorry to steal your idea Amanda but I had to try. :goodvibes

cantwaittoseemickey
01-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Im so sorry to hear Gavin is not feeling well. I pray this has nothing to do with a hemorrage and he feels better soon.

:banana:Yay for getting a meet and greet with Shamu! I hope he has a blast!

pnutallergymom
01-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Today has been a hard day. Gavin woke up this morning not feeling well and started throwing-up so after a call to neurosurgery we were off to Childrens. They did a cat scan and things look OK but were watching him close for the next few days as this is how it started before his last hemmorage. They also want to check his liver and make sure his medications arent affecting that.
I took the advice of others here and packed a bag just in case we were admitted and it worked packing = no stay!! :lmao:

On the Disney front well the Sea World front :) I had to copy Amanda and call to see if they could arrange something special for Gavin. So after talking to Gavin about what animal he would most like to see up close he chose SHAMU! So I called them and asked if their was any way we could do this. I got an e-mail this morning that they arranged a private meet and greet with Shamu! We are to meet the trainer after the Believe show and go behind the scenes. :cool1: I am so excited about this. Gavin not so much since he's not feeling well but Im sure he will be thrilled when he's doing better. Sorry to steal your idea Amanda but I had to try. :goodvibes

I am so sorry that Gavin isn't feeling well. I hope it is just a bug and he recovers quickly. I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

That is so AWESOME about Sea World!!!! Congrats!!! :dance3:

BTW.....LOVE the countdown calendar. Stephanie, you did a great job!!!

pacrosby
01-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Oh Jennifer I'm so excited you got to hook something up at SeaWorld!!!!!! I'm just so into encouraging everyone to try to go above and beyond and MAKE stuff happen!! I know our trip would've been wonderful regardless but the gingerbread man stuff just took it over the top. I hope the special Shamu meet and greet and trainer time really does it for Gavin! Did you say Amanda did something like that too? I must've missed it (her thread moves so fast I can't keep up).

Hope Gavin's feeling better. Maybe (hopefully) just a short-lived GI bug?

pipersmom
01-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Hooray for SeaWorld! I'm sorry Gavin isn't feeling well, and hoping that it isn't anything major. :hug:

jenb1023
01-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Love the new countdown calendar and how exciting about Shamu! Hope Gavin feels better soon!

Momofwishkid
01-15-2010, 11:22 AM
I am so sorry that Gavin isn't feeling well. I hope it is just a bug and he recovers quickly. I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

That is so AWESOME about Sea World!!!! Congrats!!! :dance3:

BTW.....LOVE the countdown calendar. Stephanie, you did a great job!!!

Oh Jennifer I'm so excited you got to hook something up at SeaWorld!!!!!! I'm just so into encouraging everyone to try to go above and beyond and MAKE stuff happen!! I know our trip would've been wonderful regardless but the gingerbread man stuff just took it over the top. I hope the special Shamu meet and greet and trainer time really does it for Gavin! Did you say Amanda did something like that too? I must've missed it (her thread moves so fast I can't keep up).

Hope Gavin's feeling better. Maybe (hopefully) just a short-lived GI bug?

Im so sorry to hear Gavin is not feeling well. I pray this has nothing to do with a hemorrage and he feels better soon.

:banana:Yay for getting a meet and greet with Shamu! I hope he has a blast!

Hooray for SeaWorld! I'm sorry Gavin isn't feeling well, and hoping that it isn't anything major. :hug:

Love the new countdown calendar and how exciting about Shamu! Hope Gavin feels better soon!

Thanks girls, Im pretty sure it's just some kind of bug Gavin has but we have to be careful and check every time he's sick just in case. This time something just felt off though. :confused3 Im just glad the Ct didny show any changes. Of course the CT isnt the tell all the MRI is but anyways I'll be positive and just think it's all good.

Im so excited about Shamu and Gavin even got excited and had to tell him auntie all about it. She absolutley loves orcas so was jeaulous and insists we bring a pic home of Gavin with Shamu which of course we will have tons of pics.

kayrosek
01-16-2010, 02:08 PM
So sorry Gavins sick I'll be praying for him. That's great about Shamu I'm sure Gavin will love that.

yinyanggirls
01-16-2010, 09:50 PM
I think it was a great idea to call Sea World! It helps that your kids have specific animals they want to meet. Phoebe is hard to figure. She just loves everyone and everything. I might wait until after you guys go, see if you both have tips for us, and then call. (Pamela - Amanda arranged for Piper to meet the penguins)

StefaniLyn
01-16-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm so glad Gavin liked his countdown! The last picture is just so precious. I hope you don't mind that I saved it to my computer! Thanks for sharing the photos.

I will keep Gavin in my prayers. I really hope everything is okay with him. How scary it must be for all of you! Please let us know if you hear anything.

Momofwishkid
01-16-2010, 11:24 PM
So sorry Gavins sick I'll be praying for him. That's great about Shamu I'm sure Gavin will love that.

Thanks for the prayers, Gavin is doing better today.

I think it was a great idea to call Sea World! It helps that your kids have specific animals they want to meet. Phoebe is hard to figure. She just loves everyone and everything. I might wait until after you guys go, see if you both have tips for us, and then call. (Pamela - Amanda arranged for Piper to meet the penguins)

I have to say I was secretley hoping he would pick the dolphins but Shamu is second best and we do get to feed the dolphins. Im sure Amanda and I will have tons of stuff to report back to you complete with lots of pics! :goodvibes

I'm so glad Gavin liked his countdown! The last picture is just so precious. I hope you don't mind that I saved it to my computer! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Stephanie, he absolutley loves it! I had to make a second calendar for Kia and Caiden because Gavin insited his was ONLY for him. I'll admit it though the one you made is WAY better than mine! :rotfl: Oh well the kids are happy with it. Thanks again! I dont mind at all that you save it. He is a cutie!

I will keep Gavin in my prayers. I really hope everything is okay with him. How scary it must be for all of you! Please let us know if you hear anything.

Thanks for the prayers. He is doing better today. He had a little episode with his asthma and of course when I got his nebulizer out it wasnt working so I had to go in and pick up a new one from the doc. He was really excited that his new one came with stickers to decorate the mask. :goodvibes

cantwaittoseemickey
01-17-2010, 09:42 AM
So glad to hear Gavin is doing better:cool1: I cannot wait to hear about your tr with Shamu!

kellyw8863
01-18-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm so sorry that Gavin hasn't been feeling well. I hate hate hate head issues. Ali has (benign) hydrocephalus, but every time she gets headaches, vomits without fever, or has difficulty walking - all things that can also be attributed to the mito - we end up in the ER just to be safe. We call them "pseudo emergencies," and I swear, they suck up so much emotional energy.

I love the pics of him with his countdown calendar - he looks so thrilled and Stephanie did a great job on it!

Momofwishkid
01-18-2010, 02:10 PM
So glad to hear Gavin is doing better:cool1: I cannot wait to hear about your tr with Shamu!

Thanks, I already cant wait to do a TR. It will be like re-living our trip.

I'm so sorry that Gavin hasn't been feeling well. I hate hate hate head issues. Ali has (benign) hydrocephalus, but every time she gets headaches, vomits without fever, or has difficulty walking - all things that can also be attributed to the mito - we end up in the ER just to be safe. We call them "pseudo emergencies," and I swear, they suck up so much emotional energy.

I love the pics of him with his countdown calendar - he looks so thrilled and Stephanie did a great job on it!

Thenks Kelly, its nice to have someone who understands. Most people dont get why we have to rush to the hospital for a headache or vomiting.

He loves the calendar, Stephanie really did do an excellent job. Cant wait to take off that last MH.

Momofwishkid
01-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Im so sorry for the lack of updates lately. Im not sure why but Ive been in a funk that I just cant shake. I think Im going to be oe of those who come back from our trip with the dreaded DD.
Not much is going on Disney wise but Gavin wants to show off a pic of him with his new neb. mask and I have to throw one in there of him getting a new haircut. I think he secretly likes to show off his scar because every time his hair starts growing out he asks daddy to shave it off. :rotfl: Well it does start bugging him also. The little pricklies around the scar hurt him.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights002-2.jpg
We did shave it all but I had to get a pic of his mohawk ;)
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights003-3.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/Disneymovienights006-2.jpg
Isnt he cute!!

jenb1023
01-21-2010, 01:30 PM
He is very cute and I love that he wanted to show us his new mask!

Thumper321
01-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Adorable! Tell him we love the mask! And the haircut! And he's got every right to be proud of those scars. They tell the world a piece of his story.

Thumper321
01-21-2010, 01:33 PM
P.S. My son, Keegan, is 9, and Aidan, my wish kid, will be 6 in February. We can't wait to meet Gavin, Caiden, and Kia at GKTW! Christmas is going to be fun this year. :laughing:

Momofwishkid
01-21-2010, 02:53 PM
He is very cute and I love that he wanted to show us his new mask!

Thank you, he's loving it that people are commenting on his pics.

Adorable! Tell him we love the mask! And the haircut! And he's got every right to be proud of those scars. They tell the world a piece of his story.

P.S. My son, Keegan, is 9, and Aidan, my wish kid, will be 6 in February. We can't wait to meet Gavin, Caiden, and Kia at GKTW! Christmas is going to be fun this year. :laughing:

Thanks, the funny thing about his scar is it's like he wants people to see it but when ever someone comments he gets really shy. We have had some rude comments though. People just dont understand sometimes. :confused3
Gavin and I cant wait to meet you guys I know the boys are going to have fun together.

Momofwishkid
01-21-2010, 03:01 PM
So guys, Im in this funk and need some help. Im stuck on our DFN's and just cant seem to make a decision on what to do next. We have 5 weeks left to do DFN's and have so many movies left to chose from. So lets take of vote of which movies you guys would like to see us do or you would think are the funnest ones.

Disney movies
Beauty and the beast
Brother Bear
Dumbo
Sleeping Beauty
Lilo and Stitch
The Incredibles
Tarzan
The Jungle Book
Snow White

Movies for Universal
ET
Harry Potter
Jimmy Neutron
Shrek
Transformers (are they even at any parks)
Spider Man

So what do you think??

yinyanggirls
01-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Sorry to hear you've been in a funk. Is it weather related? The southwest US is having really weird stuff right now.

I kinda like the mohawk. ;) He's a handsome young man in any haircut.

I can't imagine what on earth people could think of to say, but obviously, some people don't think. I have a game for Gavin to play with people who ask intrusive questions or make him feel uncomfortable. My dh lost half his pinkie finger at boy scout camp. His friend was swinging the hatchet and he was holding the wood!:scared1: The true story is crazy enough, but just for fun he makes up different stories to tell people when they notice. Some of his faves are - he was picking his teeth during airplane turbulence, he made a superbowl bet, or a pack of wolves tried to take his dinner from the campfire. Gavin could have some fun thinking up crazy stories to tell people about his scar. Hmmm, Nascar accident? :lmao:

We've been on an Incredibles kick all week. You could make spaghetti and call it "Elasti-noodles", have those huge orange and red Popsicles (Big sticks?) for dessert and call them "Bob-sicles". There's got to be something fun to make of Violet, Dash, Frozone...

Shrek could be easy with something colored green. White Mac and Cheese with food coloring?

I'm a dunce on the craft side of things. I'd take a look at that Movie Night thread and find one that you would like to do yourself, since you're the one organizing it. :rolleyes:

pacrosby
01-22-2010, 10:02 PM
My movie vote goes to the Incredibles and ET. Can't help you with any associated crafts or food ideas though:laughing:

Love the px with the mohawk:)

kellyw8863
01-23-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm sorry you're in a funk.:hug: I seem to go through cycles where things couldn't seem more normal and then WHAM, the realization that things are so not normal hits me like a ton of bricks. It's a hard place to be, but keep the faith that the rain is always followed by sun, and sometimes even a rainbow.:hug:

As for your DFN, I know the girls here are HUGE fans of ET. It was on one of the cable channels not too long ago, so we have it DVRd. I think the girls must have watched it twenty times over the course of a couple of days. My neighbor was mortified that we showed it to a four and six year old, but they loved it!:rotfl:

Momofwishkid
01-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Sorry to hear you've been in a funk. Is it weather related? The southwest US is having really weird stuff right now.

I kinda like the mohawk. ;) He's a handsome young man in any haircut.

I can't imagine what on earth people could think of to say, but obviously, some people don't think. I have a game for Gavin to play with people who ask intrusive questions or make him feel uncomfortable. My dh lost half his pinkie finger at boy scout camp. His friend was swinging the hatchet and he was holding the wood!:scared1: The true story is crazy enough, but just for fun he makes up different stories to tell people when they notice. Some of his faves are - he was picking his teeth during airplane turbulence, he made a superbowl bet, or a pack of wolves tried to take his dinner from the campfire. Gavin could have some fun thinking up crazy stories to tell people about his scar. Hmmm, Nascar accident? :lmao:

We've been on an Incredibles kick all week. You could make spaghetti and call it "Elasti-noodles", have those huge orange and red Popsicles (Big sticks?) for dessert and call them "Bob-sicles". There's got to be something fun to make of Violet, Dash, Frozone...

Shrek could be easy with something colored green. White Mac and Cheese with food coloring?

I'm a dunce on the craft side of things. I'd take a look at that Movie Night thread and find one that you would like to do yourself, since you're the one organizing it. :rolleyes:

My movie vote goes to the Incredibles and ET. Can't help you with any associated crafts or food ideas though:laughing:

Love the px with the mohawk:)

I'm sorry you're in a funk.:hug: I seem to go through cycles where things couldn't seem more normal and then WHAM, the realization that things are so not normal hits me like a ton of bricks. It's a hard place to be, but keep the faith that the rain is always followed by sun, and sometimes even a rainbow.:hug:

As for your DFN, I know the girls here are HUGE fans of ET. It was on one of the cable channels not too long ago, so we have it DVRd. I think the girls must have watched it twenty times over the course of a couple of days. My neighbor was mortified that we showed it to a four and six year old, but they loved it!:rotfl:

Thanks girls! :hug: I think I am starting to come out of it a little. :goodvibes I definetley think it's a combination of the weather and things just starting to hit me. This to shall pass. :) As for DFN I got 2 votes for The Incredibles and 2 votes for ET so I know at least have 2 out of the 5 weeks left. Now all I have to do is plan them. Then I think I might throw in a few of the princess ones for me and DD. The boys will just have to deal with it. :rotfl:
Does anybody know how to add the index links?

maroo
01-23-2010, 02:23 PM
I am so sorry that you are in a funk.

:hug:

I have no idea what it is actually like to have a special needs child and deal with all of that...but I can tell you that you are not alone in going up and down with that...every special needs child's parents go through that, I think.

Plan something FUN for when you get back! Really fun....

Think about it now...and plan it...and tell us about it!

Something you guys will all LOVE and look forward to for when you get home.

So guys, Im in this funk and need some help. Im stuck on our DFN's and just cant seem to make a decision on what to do next. We have 5 weeks left to do DFN's and have so many movies left to chose from. So lets take of vote of which movies you guys would like to see us do or you would think are the funnest ones.

Disney movies
Beauty and the beast ** Love this one! **
Brother Bear
Dumbo ** Ahh...a classic! **
Sleeping Beauty
Lilo and Stitch
The Incredibles
Tarzan
The Jungle Book
Snow White

Movies for Universal
ET ** I love this movie! A classic! **
Harry Potter ** I love HP! But don't really love the movies? :confused3 **
Jimmy Neutron
Shrek ** Great movie...I hate to admit this...I thought it was Disney? :rolleyes1 **
Transformers (are they even at any parks)
Spider Man

So what do you think??

Mine are above in pink. ;)

cajunfan
01-23-2010, 05:52 PM
My vote for FUN is Lilo & Stitch...you could make leis as part of the activity...make drinks in pinapples...non-alcoholic for the kiddos of course...do a search for some of the recipes from O'hanas...I just think stitch is fun and would perk anyone up!

My second choice for FUN would be Tarzan...drumming on pots and pans....if you cn stand it!:rotfl2:

Lynn

pnutallergymom
01-23-2010, 08:14 PM
I think CajunFan had a great idea!! I love the activity ideas with the lei's and drinks and pineapples!!! Might have to steal it!!! :goodvibes

I know the "funk" feeling too. Like Kelly said, you have days when your doing fine and think "wow, this is what normal is" and then wham!! Your right back in the thick of it. No rest for the weary!!

Thinking of you!! Sending a big HUG!!! :hug:

StefaniLyn
01-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Just getting caught up on your PTR. I'm sorry you're in such a funk - winter in general does that to me and I hate it!

I was hoping I could be more helpful on your movie nights but unfortunately, we actually didn't have a movie night for most of those movies you listed. However, in my PRT, there are a couple that we did watch, such as Snow White, and they are linked in the first post. I think the link for my PTR is in my signature at the bottom.

Let me know what movies you decided on and I will try to help you brainstrom ideas!

Thumper321
01-24-2010, 01:16 AM
Glad to hear your getting over the funk. Winter seems to do that to a lot of people. Nothing a little Disney won't help. :beach: Hope things continue to get better between now and then.

Oh, and my votes are "Beauty and the Beast" and "Shrek". Have fun! Can't wait til we start DFN's!

Momofwishkid
01-24-2010, 12:56 PM
I am so sorry that you are in a funk.

:hug:

I have no idea what it is actually like to have a special needs child and deal with all of that...but I can tell you that you are not alone in going up and down with that...every special needs child's parents go through that, I think.

Plan something FUN for when you get back! Really fun....

Think about it now...and plan it...and tell us about it!

Something you guys will all LOVE and look forward to for when you get home.

Mine are above in pink. ;)

Maroo, I think that is a great idea! Im thinking if we can come up with th money I might try to book a weekend at Great Wolf Lodge. Something we've been wanting to do since it opened a few years ago here.

My vote for FUN is Lilo & Stitch...you could make leis as part of the activity...make drinks in pinapples...non-alcoholic for the kiddos of course...do a search for some of the recipes from O'hanas...I just think stitch is fun and would perk anyone up!

My second choice for FUN would be Tarzan...drumming on pots and pans....if you cn stand it!:rotfl2:

Lynn

Lynn, I love the Lilo and Stitch idea, definetley going on the list! Thanks

I think CajunFan had a great idea!! I love the activity ideas with the lei's and drinks and pineapples!!! Might have to steal it!!! :goodvibes

I know the "funk" feeling too. Like Kelly said, you have days when your doing fine and think "wow, this is what normal is" and then wham!! Your right back in the thick of it. No rest for the weary!!

Thinking of you!! Sending a big HUG!!! :hug:

Thanks, Lei's and pineapples really do sound fun and we can have a belly dancing contest!

Just getting caught up on your PTR. I'm sorry you're in such a funk - winter in general does that to me and I hate it!

I was hoping I could be more helpful on your movie nights but unfortunately, we actually didn't have a movie night for most of those movies you listed. However, in my PRT, there are a couple that we did watch, such as Snow White, and they are linked in the first post. I think the link for my PTR is in my signature at the bottom.

Let me know what movies you decided on and I will try to help you brainstrom ideas!

Thanks Stephanie, Im thinking since there's 5 weeks left and 5 people I'll jut let each person pick one. I'll let you know when we do I would love some help brainstorming.

Glad to hear your getting over the funk. Winter seems to do that to a lot of people. Nothing a little Disney won't help. :beach: Hope things continue to get better between now and then.

Oh, and my votes are "Beauty and the Beast" and "Shrek". Have fun! Can't wait til we start DFN's!

Thanks, some Disney weather and fun is just what the doctor ordered.

So I am coming out of the funk. Some times things just hit me. Gavin had his opthamologist appointment last week and it seems the mass in his vision center is starting to affect his vision. So he needs glasses. Not a big deal right?? Well it was just hard to accept. Gavin is thrilled though. He thinks glasses are soo cool and has wanted some for awhile. So he picked out the bluest ones they had and he is handsome in them. :goodvibes

cajunfan
01-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Another idea for Lilo & Stitch...Hula hoop contest...limbo contest...oh and son't forget the umbrellas for the drinks!;)

Momofwishkid
01-24-2010, 08:09 PM
We got our first Big Give packages today!! :banana: The kids were so excited, even before they opened it and then after they saw what was inside Wow!! Crystal (Alternate Ego) sent very cute Animal Kingdom outfits for all three kids and they are amazing! She did such a good job and I cant wait to see them on at Animal Kingdom. Thank you so much Crystal! :hug: Here are some pics.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics001.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics003.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics004.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics005.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics009.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics010.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics011.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics012.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics007.jpg

After I pryed them out of their outfits to pack them up. They had a blast playing with the ties for a good hour

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics006.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics014.jpg

Crystal they are so happy with the outfits! Thank again!

yinyanggirls
01-24-2010, 10:17 PM
They were sure having fun being goofy. :rotfl: Love the extras on Kia's shirt!

AlternateEgo
01-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Aww! Your children's smiles just made my day :)

I am so glad they liked them... And the bows, hehe.

teresajoy
01-24-2010, 11:19 PM
What fabulously silly kids!!! I love it!!!

The outfits look fantastic!

pacrosby
01-24-2010, 11:22 PM
OMG the bows on the heads are cracking me up:rotfl2:

:yay: for the Big Give!!!

Thumper321
01-24-2010, 11:53 PM
OMG! *LOVE* the outfits! :lovestruc They all looked so cute, and they really seemed to be having a good time! Congrats on the Big Give!

maroo
01-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Love the outfits!!

and GREAT pictures!!!

Thank you SOOOO much for taking them and letting us all enjoy the outfits.

Momofwishkid
01-25-2010, 12:53 PM
They were sure having fun being goofy. :rotfl: Love the extras on Kia's shirt!

Melissa, they were being goofy! I just love the pics when their being silly though. Kia was so happy her shirt was a little different and more girley than the boys. She loved it.

Aww! Your children's smiles just made my day :)

I am so glad they liked them... And the bows, hehe.

Crystal, Thank you soo much!! You did such an amazing job and we love them. Kia was thrilled with the headband too!! :hug:

What fabulously silly kids!!! I love it!!!

The outfits look fantastic!

Thanks Teresa, I love it when the kids are so happy they get delirious!!

OMG the bows on the heads are cracking me up:rotfl2:

:yay: for the Big Give!!!

They seriously played with those bows for a long time. It's amazing how children can amuse themselves.

OMG! *LOVE* the outfits! :lovestruc They all looked so cute, and they really seemed to be having a good time! Congrats on the Big Give!

Thanks, The Big Give people are amazing and were so greatful for what they do for Wish families. It really does make their trip that much more special.

Love the outfits!!

and GREAT pictures!!!

Thank you SOOOO much for taking them and letting us all enjoy the outfits.

Thanks Maroo! I love taking and sharing pics of the kids. Even though I noticed afterwards my kitchen is a mess and Caidens shirt is on not only inside out but backwards too! :rotfl: Oh well he's still adorable!

cantwaittoseemickey
01-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Oh I love the looks on thier faces! Those are some really cute outfits!

Momofwishkid
01-25-2010, 09:34 PM
We got our 2nd Big Give package today. From Heather (Birdie757) She sent the kids each 2 Disney color books and a very cute crayon roll up. Oh my gosh the kids loved these and they are going to such a life saver on our 10 hour plane trip!

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss323/Euler5853/Thanks/INCREDIINSERTIMAGE6.gif
Thanks so much Heather! :hug:
I am already overwhelmed by the kindness of these woman. It really does make my day and Gavin's to. Some days he gets so bored at home all day and these gifts have really made his day.
Here are some pics for you!

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics001-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics002-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics004-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics005-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics008-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics009-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics011-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics013.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics006-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics007-1.jpg

She even sent a very nice note for us!
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics015.jpg
Thank you so much Heather!

Thumper321
01-26-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm loving watching your Big Give updates. The kids are so cute! And so are the things that they are getting. First the outfits, which are adorable, and now the crayon roll and coloring books?! :goodvibes

pnutallergymom
01-26-2010, 02:07 PM
I get so excited when I see an update!!! I LOVE seeing the kids pics with all of their Big Give items!!! Props to the Big Give Folks!!! :woohoo: Their work is amazing!!!!

Keep the pictures and updates coming!!!!

birdie757
01-26-2010, 02:12 PM
You are so very welcome! I am so glad they like the crayon rolls. I hope you guys have a great trip.

kellyw8863
01-26-2010, 08:02 PM
I love the pictures!:goodvibes Your kids look so wonderfully spirited!

Momofwishkid
01-27-2010, 10:41 PM
We got another package today from the Big Give and it came on a great day. Caiden is sick (102 fever) and Kia had to have a few teeth pulled today :sad2:
Anita (Granna4679) sent all three kids all kinds of goodies for our trip. Kia got 3 beautiful headbands and their reversible!, a pack of sticker puzzles, these are so cool I've never seen them before. A High School Musical eraser set and keychain light and some Tinkerbell pens! Gavin and Caiden got a pack of Glow in The dark bracelets, (A must have) A Cars water bottle, a few activity books and pens, pencils, socks, a very nice letter, and a very cute photo album. I think I got everything. Whew!! Thank you so much Anita the kids loved everything!! :hug: It's getting harder and harder to keep it all put it for our trip so I did let the boys pick one activity to have now. They are having a blast and keeping occupied. Now Im thinking hey maybe I should have kept those :goodvibes. Here's some pics. Please dont mind the blank stares in some like I said Caiden isnt feeling well and Kia's lips were still numb so she couldnt smile but take my word they loved it all!

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics001-2.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics003-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics004-2.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics005-2.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics006-2.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics007-2.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics008-2.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics009-2.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics010-2.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics011-2.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics014-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics015-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics017.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics020.jpg

This is Gavin feeling to try and see if he could tell what was in it.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics024.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics027.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics028.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics029.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics031.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics032.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/oliverjenn/BigGivepics034.jpg
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q439/soptik69/disney/Thank_You.jpg

yinyanggirls
01-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Hurray for more Big Give! What a fun one! And character socks too! I can just picture the kids wearing their glowing bracelets around the parks at night.

Granna4679
01-28-2010, 03:38 PM
We got another package today from the Big Give and it came on a great day. Caiden is sick (102 fever) and Kia had to have a few teeth pulled today :sad2:
Anita (Granna4679) sent all three kids all kinds of goodies for our trip. Kia got 3 beautiful headbands and their reversible!, a pack of sticker puzzles, these are so cool I've never seen them before. A High School Musical eraser set and keychain light and some Tinkerbell pens! Gavin and Caiden got a pack of Glow in The dark bracelets, (A must have) A Cars water bottle, a few activity books and pens, pencils, socks, a very nice letter, and a very cute photo album. I think I got everything. Whew!! Thank you so much Anita the kids loved everything!! :hug: It's getting harder and harder to keep it all put it for our trip so I did let the boys pick one activity to have now. They are having a blast and keeping occupied. Now Im thinking hey maybe I should have kept those :goodvibes. Here's some pics. Please dont mind the blank stares in some like I said Caiden isnt feeling well and Kia's lips were still numb so she couldnt smile but take my word they loved it all!

You are welcome! I am so happy they like it all. I hope it all comes in handy for your trip! And I hope Caiden and Kia are feeling better real soon!!

kdzbear
01-28-2010, 03:58 PM
I am caught up again. I love the Big Give Animal Kingdom outfits! They are so cute! I also love the stuff that Anita sent and it looks like it will keep the kids busy for awhile. I also understand the winter funk - we are getting more cold and snow here. I am ready for summer! :banana:

cantwaittoseemickey
01-28-2010, 06:44 PM
:cool1:Wow that's all kinds of neat stuff!! I hope Kia and Caden feel better soon:grouphug: I love the water bottles those are neat!

AlternateEgo
01-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Poor kids, I sure hope they are feeling better today.

I love the smiles I see when the kids open their gifts from the Big Give :)