View Full Version : Split stay question

11-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Looking at our options for next year and definitely want to get the free dining. But possibly having a slight issue, with a potential itinerary I'm considering.

5 nights at the POR with free dining (upgraded to regular) and take a 3 week ticket
4 nights of a Disney cruise (would book this through an American agent as they have a special offer on)
10 nights at SSR with free dining again

How do I go about booking this without having to pay twice for the park tickets? :confused3

11-07-2009, 09:13 AM
I might be wrong but I do not think you can ... we were looking for split stay, saratoga and animal kingdom .... told could not do - unless paid for two lots of disney tickets - that is why stuck to saratoga

11-07-2009, 10:15 AM
That is probably why there have been a couple of threads quite recently about booking through Disney US. You can take your deal with a one day base ticket to get the dining plan/free dining (depending when you go). You can then buy your Ultimate tickets over here and decide if and how to use the two one-day tix. With 8 of you, it could be quite an outlay though, but then so is the DDP. Have you considered buying the shorter stay through Disney US and the longer one through the UK with your 21 day tickets? I have just posted a question on a thread a few minutes ago on this board where someone mentioned putting the no expriration option onto the UK tickets. Seeing as you have a cruise planned in between if that looks more feasible, you may even consider taking a 14 day ticket and adding the no expiry (assuming that this is possible and not outrageously expensive). Booking Disney holidays is becoming something similar to a military combat operation to find the best deals!

11-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Will look at a US option.
BTW 2Tiggies, there's not 8 of us, just 2! :confused3

11-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Will look at a US option.
BTW 2Tiggies, there's not 8 of us, just 2! :confused3

Sorry, I was thinking of the previous thread I was on. It's been a LONG week!

By the way, I just got a reply on the question of no expiry and it related to AP holders - so disregard my comment as it is N/A. The dining aspect makes split stay very tricky. I phoned this morning asking about re-booking my package for a split stay. The lady didn't mention the question of tickets, but after I put the phone down, I realised that I could end up paying BIG TIME for this. I am seriously looking at booking through Disney US for the next one so I have been posting lots of questions on various boards. As it stands now, with the minimum purchase being a one day base ticket to get free dining, it still works out much cheaper - but if you are wanting to pay it off over time you just have to hope that the economy and exchange rate down do a dive in favour of the dollar.

If there are just 2 of you, as with us, it doesn't seem so bad.

11-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Definitely not possible to do a split stay without buying 2 lots of tix.

As said you can book thru .com but the nightly rate of SSR/OKW is crazy compared to .co.uk for a studio a on .com its approx $300+tax/night on .co.uk its 100/night incl not compared POR or other sized rooms at SSR/OKW but with .co.uk offering 47% off .com doesn't look a good option.

11-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Maybe the OP would be better doing the POR one through .com if going that route? It really all depends what deal are on at the time as we get different ones to US. Sometimes ours are much better purely because of the way we structure our stays. When are you going? US doesn't open up free dining to the public until late March/early April so it does mean you may have to wait until nearer the time to book. You really have to look at all the aspects and do some research first. What is a great deal today may be terrible for you for next week. So many factors to consider!