PDA

View Full Version : Question for CPM or other PBH experts

Katy
07-16-2002, 01:01 PM
I have stayed at HRH but am thinking of spending a couple of nights at PBH this August. I have a few questions.
Can you get food at the pools? Is there a site that has good pictures of the pool areas? If I reserve a garden view is there any particular area I should request? Thanks for any help - I'm very excited to stay here. :p

karin037
07-16-2002, 01:07 PM
Check this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=232239 for pics of the PBH, HRH and RPH. I posted 3 links there. There are some really nice pics of the pool areas.

CPM
07-16-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Katy
I have stayed at HRH but am thinking of spending a couple of nights at PBH this August. I have a few questions.
Can you get food at the pools? Is there a site that has good pictures of the pool areas? If I reserve a garden view is there any particular area I should request? Thanks for any help - I'm very excited to stay here. :p

Katy,
Yes, you can get food at the Beach Pool & the Villa pool. They have a limited menu, we like to get sandwhiches at Sal's market & bring them to the pool because they are so good! They also have a bar at the Beach Pool and servers at both pools. The Hillside pool doesn't have food or beverage service.
I always request the west wing & a villa room. The west wing is close to both pools & all restaurants.
It's very different from HRH, I love it! Very relaxing and beautiful! If you have kids it's great. the pool isn't as crowded as HRH, the slide is great & they have a nice kiddie pool area with a play boat. If you want to rent a cabana they are at the Villa pool (my fav). You really feel like you're in Italy at that pool!
Any other ??'s just ask! :) I think Karin posted pictures for you.

PartyofSix
07-17-2002, 01:12 PM
I can recommend 2676 for a Villa view w/a balcony. This room is dead center on the 6th floor overlooking the Villa Pool 2 Queens in it. Now if the Beach pool is your pleasure I recommend to you 2665 which is a king room w/ balcony dead center the Beach Pool on the 6th floor. 2663 would be 2 queens overlooking the Beach Pool dead center w/balcony. Hope this helps. These are two of the three we had. Best rooms in the house from what i'm told. Del pool view rooms.

CPM
07-17-2002, 01:34 PM
Partyofsix????
I would love to have a balcony room at PBH but they tell me all the balcony rooms are smoking rooms. Were yours?
thanks, Cheryl

PartyofSix
07-17-2002, 01:35 PM
That must be true. There were ashtray's in the rooms. You could not tell it was a smoking room though besides that.