PDA

View Full Version : Will Virgin Holidays let me upgrade my hotel without any fuss?

mollies_mum
11-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Good evening everyone,
I am currently booked into Coronado Springs for October 2010 but I've just got a job promotion so would like to upgade to a savannah room at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Will Virgin let me do this without a penalty? I have 910 worth of Tesco vouchers that have been credited to my booking and free dining and I have paid 405 deposit, will Virgin allow me to carry these over as well? The free dining offer is still on.
I don't want to cancel the booking, I just want to upgrade the hotel. The flights/transfers etc are remaining the same, will this be as easy as I'm hoping...?
Thanks in advance,
Ruby x

:confused3

scottish mum
11-04-2009, 01:20 PM
I think you will be ok as you will be paying them more money than what you were originally going to.

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
11-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Yes its fine as long as you are increasing the price of your holiday! I upgraded my flights last week without any sort of penalty!

mollies_mum
11-04-2009, 03:17 PM
That is what I was hoping :cool1:

I was concerned about losing my 910 tesco voucher credit or free disney dining etc!

I was going to do it online but when I try it wont let me upgrade to savannah view and my 910 credit disappears....:confused3

Any suggestions please anyone...?

tashasmum
11-04-2009, 03:43 PM
We changed our holiday a couple of weeks ago and although it cost more we only got away with paying 25 amendment fee instead of 75.

Good luck, think it depends on who you talk to at the time.

WSussex
11-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi

We upraded with virgin for june 2010 for our hotel and they told me that as long as your increasing your total holiday cost there is no penalty xx hope that helps:)

Sx

Cyrano
11-04-2009, 05:16 PM
That is what I was hoping :cool1:

I was concerned about losing my 910 tesco voucher credit or free disney dining etc!

I was going to do it online but when I try it wont let me upgrade to savannah view and my 910 credit disappears....:confused3

Any suggestions please anyone...?

You need to phone to make the upgrade and ensure that your credits do not disappear :thumbsup2

mollies_mum
11-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks eveyone :thumbsup2

diddldonna
11-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Let me know how you get on as its something i was thinking of doing.

Sweet Pea UK
11-06-2009, 03:06 AM
I added an extra night to my trip. I had a problem to start with as I got through to India and the woman kept telling me that my discount was wrong. I got 15% as it was a FVC offer on at the time. I ended up going through the british customer services who sorted it all out without problem.

A word of advice would be to ring up as if you are making a new booking as I htink that takes you through to the British call centre.

Have a fantastic trip!!

Shazzie B
11-06-2009, 05:33 AM
Double check your new invoice when it arrives that the 'free DDP' hasn't been lost-this happened to us last year after we made an amendment to our booking; it caused me a last minute panic. Which it turned out was totally unfounded as Virgin sorted out in one phone call!:goodvibes

Congrats on the promotion

mollies_mum
11-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks everyone for your help. I have just got off the phone to Virgin and I have successfully upgraded to Animal Kingdom Lodge :banana:
I was able to keep my free Disney Dining offer and my 920 Tesco clubcard vouchers.
I phoned the 0129.... number and they were fantastic. I did a search on this forum for the UK Virgin phone number and it came up. The man I spoke to was very thorough and cancelled the higher flight prices so they were the lower ones from my original booking, he also refunded my DDP upgrade as we now get free DDP as part of a deluxe hotel booking.
All in all the upgrade was a little over 700 which we are happy with especially my animal mad daughter :lovestruc
We have decided not to upgrade to Savannah rooms (750 extra :scared1:) but we may see how much they are on check in, depends on finances at the time. We are just happy to be staying there :goodvibes
Thanks again to everyone xxx