PDA

View Full Version : Have fun storming the castle! A Feb. 2010 PTR - Mods I can be closed now!

eliz991
11-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Hello! (ahem...ahem....taps microphone...is this thing on?) :wave2:

I'm Elizabeth and I'm fairly new around here (although I have been lurking since June-ish). I'm planning a trip with my friend Donna Sue for February 13-20, 2010, staying at the WL. We're celebrating Donna Sue's birthday!

A little background about us...which will probably be all for tonight, I'll try to start getting into actual plans tomorrow. ;)

I'm Elizabeth...oh I said that right? My user name might have given me away anyhow. :rolleyes: I just turned 40 in September. I have been married for about a year and a half to a wonderful guy named Tony. We went to Disney World with my sister and her family in July for 2.5 days. That was more than enough time for my husband and just a warm-up for me!:cool1:

Donna Sue is a dear friend of mine who was actually Tony's friend first - she used to be his next door neighbor. We work out together and drink quite a bit of champagne together. Probably more champagne than working out. :rotfl: She's single, has one adult son, and will be 56 on February 17. She loves Disney but has never been to Disney World.

Sounds like a match made in heaven, no? Oh - and I am an obsessive planner and Donna Sue prefers no more than light consultation about plans. :cloud9: She trusts me to plan a good trip - which is fabulous, but I need the DIS so I don't mess it up!

Okay, we're off to a bit of a boring start but there is the cast of characters. I'll sign off with a picture - this is from a trip we took to Italy with my husband (then BF) in 2006. I'm the brunette, Donna Sue is the blonde. My husband is the gladiator. :lmao: Okay, not really, Tony is taking the picture - the gladiator is a live prop for tourists. :laughing:

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/eliz991/IMG_05301.jpg

eliz991
11-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Okay, I just noticed something about the picture I posted above. The first time(s) I saw it I remember thinking, "hey, the gladiator must have liked Donna Sue better than me because he has his arm around her." Earlier today I looked at it and...well...it it just me or does it look like he is about to slice off her, um, left bosom? :rotfl:

More later - it's easy for me to DIS at work but hard to actually write long segments. Next post I will explain exactly how and why two middle-aged (ugh - am I really middle aged?) women constitute a "princess trip."

If you're out there and reading, please post! It's bad enough that I occasionally talk to myself - typing to myself is too much to bear, even for me.

Minnie&Nana
11-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Hi, Elizabeth! Saw your link on Rosie's thread and decided to join the fun. Sounds like a fabulous trip! :goodvibes

By the way, we have a touristy pic like the one above from Rome - only the gladiator is not looking as though he's about to slice off someone's breast!:eek:

I've never been first on board for a PTR before!! :woohoo:

michaelwilliammidd
11-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Sounds like a great trip! How cool to take someone who loves Disney but has never been to WDW before. It's always so exciting to show people new things at Disney. I ,too the extreme delight (I'm sure);) of those around me, am always trying to talk friends and co workers into taking a trip! Can't wait to hear more about your plans.:)

jordanyosh
11-05-2009, 12:01 AM
yo! here now.

AlohaPolynesian
11-05-2009, 01:04 AM
I'm joining in!

eliz991
11-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi, Elizabeth! Saw your link on Rosie's thread and decided to join the fun. Sounds like a fabulous trip! :goodvibes

By the way, we have a touristy pic like the one above from Rome - only the gladiator is not looking as though he's about to slice off someone's breast!:eek:

I've never been first on board for a PTR before!! :woohoo:

I'm so glad you're here! :welcome:

Maybe he was having a bad day...we had been awake for like 30 hours at this point so the three of us were all loopy! I'm going to have to point that out to Donna Sue sometime - I bet she's never noticed either.

I wonder how you get that job - I mean they don't talk - do you just have to be photogenic? Or do you have to provide your own costume? Or maybe it's volunteer - are they just random Roman citizens who like to dress up and pretend they are gladiators? :confused3

eliz991
11-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Sounds like a great trip! How cool to take someone who loves Disney but has never been to WDW before. It's always so exciting to show people new things at Disney. I ,too the extreme delight (I'm sure);) of those around me, am always trying to talk friends and co workers into taking a trip! Can't wait to hear more about your plans.:)

Thanks for joining in! :yay:

Donna Sue trusts me mostly because of my over-planning of our trip to Italy mentioned above (the only time she and I have traveled together). I'm not an expert on WDW by far - I was 6 the first time I went and we weren't there very long last summer - but I'm hoping the boards and people like you can help me with the plans! :)

eliz991
11-05-2009, 12:10 PM
yo! here now.

Jordan's here! Yay! :dance3:

eliz991
11-05-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm joining in!

:welcome:

I love the quote in your signature!

I'm off to check out your PTR now...

eliz991
11-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Okay now that I have gathered you all here...I have something important to tell you....

I changed my mind. No, not about the trip, and not about writing a PTR, just about what I was going to post about next. I am in the mood to think about plans right now, so plans today, more old stories and irrelevant pictures another time.

Also, I use too many ellipses and parentheticals. Just so you know. I don't want to start our relationship off on anything less than the truth.

So, while someone is still paying attention, I'm going to go through my current plans. I have so many questions that we'll do a day at a time for now. Onward! :wizard:

OH! Also - I need a new organizational system. Right now I have one manila folder. Clearly insufficient. I have heard of the passporter but I don't know what it is, and I know some people use binders (Jordan!) but I don't know what sections they have. I organized my wedding in a redwell/expandable file folder/whatever you want to call it with individual manila folders for each subject but that seems a little too business-like for Disney. Suggestions?

Okay, day one. They moved our flight from 7:30 am to 7:00 am. That means we will have to leave for the airport at 5 by my airport rules (so thankful my husband is not coming with us, he never goes to the airport early enough for me!). The flight is about 2 hours so we won't sleep on the plane.

We land at MCO at 10 am so I am banking on being at the WL around noon. We'll probably grab something to eat at Roaring Fork (well I will, I eat frequently. Donna Sue doesn't eat as much as I do). Hopefully our room will be ready and our bags and grocery order will arrive soon after. I'm considering having something delivered to the room to surprise Donna Sue but I don't know what. I also might do something on her actual birthday which is Wednesday - again, suggestions are welcome.

I figure we will go to the MK - first day, everyone wants to see the castle right? Tony and I took a similar-timed flight in July and from the Dolphin we got to the MK around 2:30 or 3. Donna and I are probably faster but still I'm viewing this as an afternoon to wander around, check out the layout, find a photopass guy and get a card, etc. Maybe go on a ride or two but not the big ones, no point waiting in line at the most crowded time of day. We have ADRs for Hoop-de-doo Revue at 9:30. Kind of late, but I heard that there were fewer kids at the latest show. (I know, it's Disney, and hey I love kids, but I'm not going out of my way to eat dinner with 100 of them.) The CM who took my ressie said we should get there at 9.

So here is my big question for day one - spectro is at 7, wishes is at 8. Is there any way we can see wishes and make it to Ft. Wilderness on the boat in time? Or should we leave after Spectro? Or maybe even leave before and hang at the hotel prior to leaving for FW? I'm afraid if we do that Donna Sue won't want to go back out and of course HDD is paid for already.

Also, this will be a long day for us. Although, with the time change, it will only be 8:30 in our minds so I figure we can make it through the show/dinner, go back to the Lodge, Donna Sue can go to sleep and I can go wander around. (I don't sleep well. Or early.) But maybe it would be better to re-do our ADR and go to an earlier show - I think there are 3, right?

That was a very vague "plan" but that's the level of detail I'm at right now. :)

Help! :scared1:

AlohaPolynesian
11-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Plan looks like fun so far! As far as binders, folders, etc. are concerned, I just have a notebook. I've always wanted to make a binder but I just can't figure out enough stuff to put in it. I might actually do it though when I get home since I will probably be bored until my trip happens!

What about a basket for Donna Sue? I have been slowly picking up things I see on sale and plan on doing that for my niece and nephew before they go on their trip. I'll give the baskets to them before they go to get them in the spirit! I know it's easier to find kid stuff, but maybe you could so something similar for your friend?

As for Ft Wilderness boat, I have NO idea how long it takes to get over there. We did a horseback ride there a few years back but came from a rental car place on their shuttle, lol. I bet if you went on the transportation board they could totally help you out!

michaelwilliammidd
11-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Sounds like a great plan to kick things off! The thing that would worry me about sticking around for Wishes and then leaving for FT. Wilderness is that when Wishes is over, I am afraid that you and EVERYONE else will be trying to leave the park. However, if you just stay for Spectro then make your way out you'll probably have pretty free reign as everyone else will be staying back for Wishes. I wouldn't risk it if it were me, as you said HDD has already been paid for so that's a pretty big risk. I also don't think there is any need to move HDD to an earlier time, I'm sure you guys will be fine, like you said you can head back to WL as soon as it's over.

jordanyosh
11-06-2009, 01:05 AM
As far as organizing goes, the binder works for me. I put flight confirmations, package confirmations, ADR confirmations, itineraries, spreadsheets, menus in the binder. Some people use their Iphone or Blackberry. I think you choose whatever gets you excited when you think about doing it.:thumbsup2

I hate being late so I would skip Wishes and head over after Spectro.

Minnie&Nana
11-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Think Jordan said it best: I think you choose whatever gets you excited when you think about doing it.

But I'll share my 2 cents anyway. ;) Would probably not plan Hoop-dee-Doo the first night, unless not going to a park or attending an earlier show (did that make sense?). We've done all the show times and even now as adults without kids, prefer the 7:15 - the cast seems to enjoy that show the most (from the times we've been in attendance since 1982!). The 5:15 show definitely has more young ones - we've not found the 7:15 to have as many very little ones, with the 9:30 even less. Aw, what the heck, I'm old and 9:30 is too late!!! :rotfl:

The water launch takes about 15/20 mins, but it's the crowds and wait after Spectro and/or Wishes, especially Wishes (as michaelwilliammidd mentioned), so it would be tight.

Well, we are probably the least likely sort of Disney nuts - we went twice a yr from 1981 until the late '90's, then once a yr until 2004, then bought an AP - and you know what that means! :rotfl:

Over the years bought one Passporter and it drove me nuts - heavy, awkward and lots of misinformation. Honestly, I don't understand how guests use that thing.

So, I simply put everything into a word doc: Park hours, EMH'ss, Spectro and Fantasmic days, our park days and ADR's - usually not more than 2 pages and we glance over it each evening & morning, then decide what we feel like doing that day. Generally we follow our plan, but we're flexible and like to go with the flow, so sometimes we decide to take whichever bus comes along. :thumbsup2 Our plans also depend on where we're staying - in the 80's and 90's we stayed at monorail resorts, then branched out to CBR when it was new in 1988, then the EPCOT resorts and in 2004 tried POP for a few short December trips, but went back to the GF & Polynesian. Oh, we've stayed at all but one moderate at least a few times....back to FQ in Feb. ::yes::

Maybe we've been going for so long that it's not necessary, but we never did any more than what we do now. We rarely stand in a line longer than 10/15 mins, see everything we want to see (which is just about everything! :rotfl:). Every visit has been the best yet! :goodvibes

Geesh, I'm babbling this morning!!! Enjoying your PTR - more, please! :goodvibes

eliz991
11-06-2009, 03:52 PM
What about a basket for Donna Sue? I have been slowly picking up things I see on sale and plan on doing that for my niece and nephew before they go on their trip. I'll give the baskets to them before they go to get them in the spirit! I know it's easier to find kid stuff, but maybe you could so something similar for your friend?

As for Ft Wilderness boat, I have NO idea how long it takes to get over there. We did a horseback ride there a few years back but came from a rental car place on their shuttle, lol. I bet if you went on the transportation board they could totally help you out!

I like the idea about the basket...something I could give her at the airport even. I'm not worried about it being too kid-like, this is our trip to act like kids (which is why it's the princess trip - Donna Sue was wondering if we were too old to book CRT and I told her, "You're never too old to be a princess!") I'm thinking cute notebook, pens...she loves things that light up and blink....

I really want to make this special for her - partially so I will have someone to go with in the future :thumbsup2 and partially because she has had some crappy birthdays the past few years and I am a huge huge birthday person. I celebrate mine for a week per year! (This year I turned 40 and had 3-4 different celebrations - plus bought myself a very expensive bottle of champagne.) So I want to make her birthday special.

I didn't even know there was a transportation board - yay, more ways to waste time!:banana:

Thanks for the help, Aloha!

eliz991
11-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Sounds like a great plan to kick things off! The thing that would worry me about sticking around for Wishes and then leaving for FT. Wilderness is that when Wishes is over, I am afraid that you and EVERYONE else will be trying to leave the park. However, if you just stay for Spectro then make your way out you'll probably have pretty free reign as everyone else will be staying back for Wishes. I wouldn't risk it if it were me, as you said HDD has already been paid for so that's a pretty big risk. I also don't think there is any need to move HDD to an earlier time, I'm sure you guys will be fine, like you said you can head back to WL as soon as it's over.

That's what I was worried about - I'm pretty good at worming my way through crowds but I'm also a little claustrophobic with too many people in a small space. Funny thing is I lived in NY for 6 years and had to take the subway at rush hour - you would think I would have gotten over it.

I think leaving before Wishes will be the way to go...we can always see it another night....no need to start off a trip stressed out! Thanks for the advice Michael...um William...um, well, thanks!

eliz991
11-06-2009, 03:59 PM
As far as organizing goes, the binder works for me. I put flight confirmations, package confirmations, ADR confirmations, itineraries, spreadsheets, menus in the binder. Some people use their Iphone or Blackberry. I think you choose whatever gets you excited when you think about doing it.:thumbsup2

I hate being late so I would skip Wishes and head over after Spectro.

The secret of the binder has been revealed.....

I can't stand to be late. Unfortunately my husband didn't grow up with the same need to be everywhere an hour early so we are often 10 minutes late (which is early to him and horrid to me). He has gotten a lot better now and usually will just leave to go to the movies or the airport whenever I tell him to go. Only took me this many years to train him...we met in 2002! :rotfl2:

Meanwhile I was the kid who was the first one at every birthday party and the first one picked up too! So I think we will head over after Spectro assuming we don't change the time. Heck maybe we will actually leave earlier and stop at the lodge if we want to freshen up for dinner. I don't really think she would skip something she has already paid me for. And neither of us is likely to pass up "free" wine.
:banana:

eliz991
11-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Think Jordan said it best:

But I'll share my 2 cents anyway. ;) Would probably not plan Hoop-dee-Doo the first night, unless not going to a park or attending an earlier show (did that make sense?). We've done all the show times and even now as adults without kids, prefer the 7:15 - the cast seems to enjoy that show the most (from the times we've been in attendance since 1982!). The 5:15 show definitely has more young ones - we've not found the 7:15 to have as many very little ones, with the 9:30 even less. Aw, what the heck, I'm old and 9:30 is too late!!! :rotfl:

The water launch takes about 15/20 mins, but it's the crowds and wait after Spectro and/or Wishes, especially Wishes (as michaelwilliammidd mentioned), so it would be tight.

Well, we are probably the least likely sort of Disney nuts - we went twice a yr from 1981 until the late '90's, then once a yr until 2004, then bought an AP - and you know what that means! :rotfl:

Over the years bought one Passporter and it drove me nuts - heavy, awkward and lots of misinformation. Honestly, I don't understand how guests use that thing.

So, I simply put everything into a word doc: Park hours, EMH'ss, Spectro and Fantasmic days, our park days and ADR's - usually not more than 2 pages and we glance over it each evening & morning, then decide what we feel like doing that day. Generally we follow our plan, but we're flexible and like to go with the flow, so sometimes we decide to take whichever bus comes along. :thumbsup2 Our plans also depend on where we're staying - in the 80's and 90's we stayed at monorail resorts, then branched out to CBR when it was new in 1988, then the EPCOT resorts and in 2004 tried POP for a few short December trips, but went back to the GF & Polynesian. Oh, we've stayed at all but one moderate at least a few times....back to FQ in Feb. ::yes::

Maybe we've been going for so long that it's not necessary, but we never did any more than what we do now. We rarely stand in a line longer than 10/15 mins, see everything we want to see (which is just about everything! :rotfl:). Every visit has been the best yet! :goodvibes

Geesh, I'm babbling this morning!!! Enjoying your PTR - more, please! :goodvibes

You're not babbling at all ~ I appreciate all the advice! If it were just me, I would stay with 9:30 but I am going to ask Donna Sue today what she would prefer. She is older than me after all. :laughing: Most of the time in Italy we would walk her back to the hotel after dinner and she would go to bed and Tony and I would stay out for a few more hours. So I'll give her the choice assuming I can make the change. 7:15 might be better for her. (5:15 is not dinner time as far as I'm concerned...that's more like happy hour! :rotfl2:)

I do have an excel spreadsheet I made (this is a big deal for me - I'm a lawyer, I generally don't do numbers or spreadsheets) with the park times, ADR #s etc. But I am pretty anal and want to keep all the back up stuff with it as well, so I may have a back-up binder. So far I only have the first four days' parks planned, after that we'll have to see what we liked (and where we're eating) and be a little more flexible.

eliz991
11-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Hey look - I'm down to 99 days! Double digits baby!

:yay::yay::dance3::dance3::yay::yay:

Thank you all again for reading and chiming in - I really do appreciate all the advice!

I was driving back to work after lunch today and noticed a big group of teenagers in yellow shirts and khaki shorts/pants. I thought they were a brazilian tour group until I realized there wasn't anyone in the front with a yellow flag. :rotfl2:

Day two coming soon...you know, unless I get distracted by some other disney story...ooh look, a quarter!

Minnie&Nana
11-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Forgot to mention www.disneyflorist.com - we've order gifts through them for years - even before they had a website and we could do it through the resort. I've had things delivered to friends when they were on vacation and baskets to those traveling with me - for a birthday or first trip. Can be pricey, but you can get ideas from the website and they will put together pretty much anything you want, however you'd like. :thumbsup2

That's hilarious about the teens in the yellow t-shirt!!!

eliz991
11-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Forgot to mention www.disneyflorist.com - we've order gifts through them for years - even before they had a website and we could do it through the resort. I've had things delivered to friends when they were on vacation and baskets to those traveling with me - for a birthday or first trip. Can be pricey, but you can get ideas from the website and they will put together pretty much anything you want, however you'd like. :thumbsup2

That's hilarious about the teens in the yellow t-shirt!!!

Thanks for the idea about the Disney Florist - I have it bookmarked. They have some really cool stuff there; I'll have to wait to see how my budget looks when we get closer to decide exactly what to do.

In other news...as soon as I offered Donna Sue the 7:15 show she jumped at it.:rotfl: I'm glad we will be able to go earlier so I don't have to worry if she is getting too tired. That will still give us time to get the lay of the land at MK and I can check out the Lodge after dinner. There is a bar/lounge at WL, right?

I had a busy weekend between shopping, football, and beating my husband at mini golf (which never happens!) so I haven't been around much. I will probably be around a lot tomorrow so I'll post day two then.

vamassey1
11-10-2009, 12:16 PM
I followed you over from Jordan's and Punkin's PTR. We'll be there at the same time too. We're arriving 2/13 but we're driving from Baton Rouge, La.

Just a few thoughts. Don't forget the time difference. Your ADR is for 9 but you're body will be thinking 8. I bought tickets to enter a park that day and we're also thinking MK too, but we may just hit DTD. You can note your friend's birthday on all your reservations but make a special note for her actual birthday.

I have a binder and a notebook. I make lists and plans in my notebook and save printed out information in the binder. Both make the trip with me but do not get to visit the parks. I just grab what information I need out of the binder for that day.

We need to have a meet with Jordan that week!

eliz991
11-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I followed you over from Jordan's and Punkin's PTR. We'll be there at the same time too. We're arriving 2/13 but we're driving from Baton Rouge, La.

Welcome! Glad you are reading and commenting! :) How long of a drive is it for you? My sister and her family were going to drive last summer but ended up finding cheap flights. My sister was more excited that they didn't have to drive than the kids were. :rotfl:

Just a few thoughts. Don't forget the time difference. Your ADR is for 9 but you're body will be thinking 8. I bought tickets to enter a park that day and we're also thinking MK too, but we may just hit DTD. You can note your friend's birthday on all your reservations but make a special note for her actual birthday.

True - we changed it to the 7:15 show which will be 6:15 our time. Donna Sue is really not a night person! I will be wandering around for hours I'm sure but that's okay. One reason I wanted to stay at WL is there are lots of nooks where I can curl up and read. And I don't mind going to bars (or, well, anywhere) by myself so I can drop her off and go somewhere if I really want.

I have a binder and a notebook. I make lists and plans in my notebook and save printed out information in the binder. Both make the trip with me but do not get to visit the parks. I just grab what information I need out of the binder for that day.

I bought a binder and dividers, I think I know how I want to do it. Need to work on that tomorrow too (I have one day off and I think I have about 3 days worth of stuff planned to get done!)

We need to have a meet with Jordan that week!

Absolutely! I would love to meet some DISers while there!

vamassey1
11-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Welcome! Glad you are reading and commenting! :) How long of a drive is it for you? My sister and her family were going to drive last summer but ended up finding cheap flights. My sister was more excited that they didn't have to drive than the kids were. :rotfl:

I mapquested it today and it said 10hrs 32 minutes. But that would be without stops. We've flown it 3 times and drove it 4 times. It usually takes us about 11 and a half hours if we do it straight. This time we're going to split it up. We're not telling my youngest daughter and niece until we're leaving. We're going to start on Friday afternoon and try to get to Tallahassee.

True - we changed it to the 7:15 show which will be 6:15 our time. Donna Sue is really not a night person! I will be wandering around for hours I'm sure but that's okay. One reason I wanted to stay at WL is there are lots of nooks where I can curl up and read. And I don't mind going to bars (or, well, anywhere) by myself so I can drop her off and go somewhere if I really want.

Sounds like a good plan to change your time. We ate at WCC on our trip in June. I loved the WL. We sat in front of the fireplace while we were waiting.

I bought a binder and dividers, I think I know how I want to do it. Need to work on that tomorrow too (I have one day off and I think I have about 3 days worth of stuff planned to get done!)

:thumbsup2 Did you get page protectors too?

Absolutely! I would love to meet some DISers while there!

I would ask about your plan but I'm sure that's something you've got planned for an update. Don't want to mess up your postings.

eliz991
11-11-2009, 07:12 PM
I would ask about your plan but I'm sure that's something you've got planned for an update. Don't want to mess up your postings.

Update coming!

That drive doesn't sound so terrible, and since you've done it before at least you know what you're up against. I think from here to Baton Rouge is 6.5 hours so they were looking at two very long days of driving.

:rotfl: No page protectors yet - actually I was just thinking I'm not even sure I have a 3-hole punch handy!

eliz991
11-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Okay sure enough I didn't get very much done today. I did some errands but needed to draft a motion for my dad that I didn't do, and meant to get my nails done but got lazy and didn't go. (Yes, I am aware that it is the height of laziness to not want to sit still and let someone else do your nails for you.)

I did call Disney and give them our info for the TSA/airline (dates of birth and full names) and requested a room on an upper floor, north wing, facing the MK.

Also started the binder - okay, the binder cover. :rotfl2: I need to get my husband to print it for me though because photoshop is not my friend and I couldn't make it do what I wanted in word.

I did watch Monsters Inc, does that count as planning? :rolleyes: Thanks to the folks on the budget board I got that blu-ray 4 disk set and the Up blu-ray 4 disc set with free "adventure journal" for a total of $11.89. I figure I will use the journal to take notes during our trip and there are stickers in it that can further decorate the binder. :thumbsup2

Now I am waiting for Donna to agree to pay $12 each to reserve our seats on AirTran. Tony and I didn't do it and didn't sit together. It's a short flight, but still, $12 isn't that much to ensure you're not sitting next to a weirdo (well, not a weirdo you don't know anyway!):rotfl2:

Day 2 is Sunday and Valentines' Day. We are planning to go to AK. I haven't been before - I asked this somewhere else but has anyone here used ridemax or the unofficial touring plans? I'm thinking having one of these would help us out.

The only plan we have so far for AK is to hit rope drop - we will probably eat in the room; if I feel super-hungry I'll run downstairs and grab some eggs, otherwise we plan to keep cereal and granola bars in the room.

We have a lunch ADR at Tusker House for the preferred seating at the 3:15 Nemo show - anyone done this? I'm not sure we need to but we both love Nemo so it might be worth it. We will miss the parade which is at 3:45, but that's okay. We also want to see FOTLK but I'm thinking we may need to come back another day for that.

Sunday night we have an ADR at The Wave. My sister and BIL really liked this restaurant and the contemporary should be easy to get to from WL and back again. The ADR is for 6:45; AK closes at 6 but I'm going to leave it open as to whether we go straight there or back to WL first. Neither of us feels the need to be super dressy for dinner but if it is unseasonably warm then we may need to get into something non-sweaty. I'm also open to skipping this one if we don't feel up to it. We may be the only non-romantic couple there! After dinner I will go back to the hotel with Donna and then either stay there or go back out. MK has EMH until 2 am if I am feeling really squirrely.

jordanyosh
11-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Elizabeth,

The preferred seating for Nemo is fairly new. I imagine it's similar to the Fantasmic Dinner Pkg.

I just purchase Ridemax....I would say I'd give you feedback, but we'll be there at the same time.;)

From what I've heard, most if not all head directly to Kilimanjaro Safari and Everest. My advice would be to head to Kilimanjaro Safari and grab a FP,then walk directly to EE and ride it. Then head to Dinosaur, ITTBAB and Primeval Hurl. Dinoland seems to be uncrowded early in the AM because people are at the back of the park....just my 2 cents.

eliz991
11-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Elizabeth,

The preferred seating for Nemo is fairly new. I imagine it's similar to the Fantasmic Dinner Pkg.

I just purchase Ridemax....I would say I'd give you feedback, but we'll be there at the same time.;)

From what I've heard, most if not all head directly to Kilimanjaro Safari and Everest. My advice would be to head to Kilimanjaro Safari and grab a FP,then walk directly to EE and ride it. Then head to Dinosaur, ITTBAB and Primeval Hurl. Dinoland seems to be uncrowded early in the AM because people are at the back of the park....just my 2 cents.

That sounds like a good plan. AK is the one park I haven't been to at all yet, so I'm excited about it.

I think I am going to buy the ridemax (in 3 days to get my 90 days worth.:rotfl:) I'll be interested to see if it helps you since you've been so much. I'm also kind of interested to see if it would give us the same advice - it would be funny if it told you to go to EE and me to go to KS or something like that! :rotfl2:

jordanyosh
11-12-2009, 12:38 PM
That sounds like a good plan. AK is the one park I haven't been to at all yet, so I'm excited about it.

I think I am going to buy the ridemax (in 3 days to get my 90 days worth.:rotfl:) I'll be interested to see if it helps you since you've been so much. I'm also kind of interested to see if it would give us the same advice - it would be funny if it told you to go to EE and me to go to KS or something like that! :rotfl2:

I know. I'm thinking of doing my own version of ridemax and see how it pans out vs the real thing.

eliz991
11-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Hmm, my PTR is starting to bore me. I think it's time for some random pictures.

Here's me and Tony:

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/eliz991/20080418_0003.jpg

Donna Sue dancing in her living room:

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/eliz991/20080425_0011.jpg

Wedding pictures (from May 2008):

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/eliz991/cancel0205.jpg

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/eliz991/cancel0178.jpg

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/eliz991/cancel0473.jpg

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/eliz991/cancel0689.jpg

Remainder of trip details in next post....

eliz991
11-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Okay, so Monday, Prez day, we're doing Epcot. CS somewhere for lunch (I need to investigate the various CS options, although I really like the fish & chips we had at the UK stand in July. Good cold beer too. :cool1:) Dinner is at 7:10 at Chefs de France, Illuminations is at 9.

Tuesday is DHS, Fantasmic package with "dinner" at Brown Derby at 3:30. Donna won't ride RNRR, but that's okay because I've done it and don't mind skipping it. I am making her ride TOT though because of the theming.

Wednesday is Donna Sue's birthday and we're having breakfast at the castle at 8:05 so we'll probably stay in the MK area that day and do everything we didn't do Saturday (which will be most things!) No ADR for dinner that night at Donna Sue's request. AK has evening EMH which is very tempting.

Thursday, free morning, tea at GF at 2, dinner ADR at Fulton's Crab House at DTD at 8:30. I think we are going to get massages after tea, around 4 pm, I need to call and reserve those. We can go to a park this morning if we want, or not, we have 8 day hoppers but if we don't feel like using them one day I don't mind.

Friday also free, I'm assuming we will spend another day at Epcot here. dinner ADR at Artist Point at WL at 7 pm, although Epcot has EMH until 11 pm, so if we feel like bagging dinner and staying there we can.

Saturday we leave - we have ADRs at CM at 8 am, and the rest of the day again we will go wherever we feel like we missed something. If I had to guess I would say AK unless we do that on Thursday, otherwise probably MK since it's the closest. Our flight leaves MCO at 8:15 pm so I'm assuming we will leave on the ME sometime between 4 and 5 pm?

vamassey1
11-13-2009, 04:06 PM
We're planning on spending Tuesday afternoon/night at DHS too. We're also planning on hitting Fantasmic but without the package.

eliz991
11-13-2009, 04:10 PM
We're planning on spending Tuesday afternoon/night at DHS too. We're also planning on hitting Fantasmic but without the package.

Cool! Maybe we can meet up somewhere!

My husband just totally redid the binder cover for me.:love: I gave him the castle picture and the text and he did the rest (and considering how goofy he finds my planning and this whole trip, I am so appreciative!) :cloud9:

Here it is:

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/eliz991/cinderellas_castle_cover.jpg

Microcell
11-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Going the week before you! Looks like you are getting things together quite nicely.. I am just putting random notes on my Excel spreadsheet!

jordanyosh
11-13-2009, 08:26 PM
I, too, am at DHS on Tuesday. I have an ADR at Brown Derby at 11:30am that day. I'm not staying long I'll probably leave right after my lunch, but I'd be willing to stick around if we were going to do a mini-meet:thumbsup2

Minnie&Nana
11-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Aw, I love the new binder cover! What a sweetie. I'm sure sorry I won;t be there in Feb to meet you and Sue.

A note concerning TOT - is she afraid of heights or thrill rides? TOT is absolutely terrifying for someone who has a fear of thrill rides. I was literally shaking when we walked off - could not get money out of my wallet to pay for the photo because my hands were shaking so bad!! Now I do the walk through with family and friends, but take the chicken elevator down while everyone else rides and then meet them at the photos.

So, if she is really afraid, just have her go along right up to the elevators, then tell a CM she has changed her mind and they will take her down on a regular elevator.

Sorry to go on so, but I hate to see anyone forced on an attraction if they are fearful.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

eliz991
11-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Going the week before you! Looks like you are getting things together quite nicely.. I am just putting random notes on my Excel spreadsheet!

Hi! Thanks for reading and posting! If I were better at Excel I could probably do that...I can't even get my current spreadsheet to print right. :rotfl: I am excel stupid.

eliz991
11-16-2009, 11:13 AM
I, too, am at DHS on Tuesday. I have an ADR at Brown Derby at 11:30am that day. I'm not staying long I'll probably leave right after my lunch, but I'd be willing to stick around if we were going to do a mini-meet:thumbsup2

We will probably be there all day so I am open to whatever. Sounds fun!:)

jordanyosh
11-16-2009, 11:36 AM

Cool. Okay. Let's touch base as the day gets closer.

eliz991
11-16-2009, 11:39 AM
A note concerning TOT - is she afraid of heights or thrill rides? TOT is absolutely terrifying for someone who has a fear of thrill rides. I was literally shaking when we walked off - could not get money out of my wallet to pay for the photo because my hands were shaking so bad!! Now I do the walk through with family and friends, but take the chicken elevator down while everyone else rides and then meet them at the photos.

So, if she is really afraid, just have her go along right up to the elevators, then tell a CM she has changed her mind and they will take her down on a regular elevator.

Sorry to go on so, but I hate to see anyone forced on an attraction if they are fearful.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

You know, I shouldn't have said I was making her - I would never make someone go on a ride they didn't want to go on. She's not afraid of heights or thrill rides (I'm actually not great with heights), but she was worried that it would hurt her neck. She doesn't have neck or back problems, she just doesn't like to have her head whipped back. Good to know about the "chicken elevator" though in case that does happen when we get there!:thumbsup2

eliz991
11-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Cool. Okay. Let's touch base as the day gets closer.

Wait, are you saying we shouldn't plan the exact details 92 days in advance? :rotfl2:

jordanyosh
11-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Wait, are you saying we shouldn't plan the exact details 92 days in advance? :rotfl2:

Well, we could and I certainly would be okay with that.:thumbsup2:rotfl2:

vamassey1
11-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Cool! Maybe we can meet up somewhere!

My husband just totally redid the binder cover for me.:love: I gave him the castle picture and the text and he did the rest (and considering how goofy he finds my planning and this whole trip, I am so appreciative!) :cloud9:

Here it is:

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/eliz991/cinderellas_castle_cover.jpg

Wow looks great! Michelle is hand drawing the cover for ours. I need to go dig it out and take a picture.

You have to hang around, we won't get there until after lunch at Yak and Yeti.

I'm in too. Also I don't do RRC, but Dennis, Danielle and Michelle do. Maybe you could pair up with them. I love me some TOT!

jordanyosh
11-17-2009, 12:50 AM
I have nothing going on that day so I can be flexible.

eliz991
11-17-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm in too. Also I don't do RRC, but Dennis, Danielle and Michelle do. Maybe you could pair up with them. I love me some TOT!

I haven't decided whether I want to ride RRC or not. If I do, I probably shouldn't ride with Danielle as I think I spent the whole ride last time saying "oh sh*t." :laughing: I usually laugh hysterically on thrill rides so I have no idea why that happened.

The laughing is my sister's fault, when we were kids and would ride together she didn't like me screaming so told me to laugh whenever I wanted to scream. To this day I cannot stop laughing when I am on a ride. I almost hyperventilate from laughing so hard.

When we get closer we will definitely have to finalize a time and place to meet - it will be fun! :goodvibes

eliz991
11-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Woo-hoo we paid off our trip! :cool1: The balance wasn't due yet but we both decided we would rather pay it now than right after Christmas.

I seem to have a need to tell people about paying off trips to Disney - I told my whole class in second grade during show and tell! I don't remember it, but I do remember getting in trouble from my mom. :confused3

I don't remember much about that trip really. I remember River Country had just opened. I remember we drove from Michigan and stayed in our pop-up camper both on the way and at Disney. (We did that everywhere back then though!) I remember we had ticket books so you could only ride so many rides. I remember 20,000 leagues under the sea broke while we were on it, so we got another ticket, and my sister and I voted to use it on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride instead of 20,000 leagues. And I remember I almost knocked my dad's bridge out on space mountain.

There, my first trip report. :laughing: My computer at home is on the fritz so I haven't been here much. And can't download and play with RideMax yet. :headache: So I'm going to start looking at menus and figuring out how much I think I will spend on food so I have it set aside in advance (or see if it would be cheaper to do the DDP - I can't imagine it will be, but worth checking).:teacher:

jordanyosh
11-24-2009, 03:13 PM
I think when the trip is paid off, it just seems more real.

Thanks for the mini, mini TR of your 1st visit. :thumbsup2

I have RideMax downloaded, but haven't looked at it yet either.

eliz991
12-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Okay just for the record I have not abandoned my report...but our home computer isn't working and it's hard for me to update from work. Heck, I can't plan without the computer anyway so it's not like I have anything to update! :rotfl:

Just in case someone was out there wondering...I am hoping the computer will be fixed by this weekend, it's driving me nuts to see the trip getting closer and closer and not be able to plan anything!

jordanyosh
12-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Okay just for the record I have not abandoned my report...but our home computer isn't working and it's hard for me to update from work. Heck, I can't plan without the computer anyway so it's not like I have anything to update! :rotfl:

Just in case someone was out there wondering...I am hoping the computer will be fixed by this weekend, it's driving me nuts to see the trip getting closer and closer and not be able to plan anything!

Tell your DH to get on it! You have important updates to do;)

wdwislife
12-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Joining in!
I'll be there in Feb. as well.

eliz991
12-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Tell your DH to get on it! You have important updates to do;)

He finally gave up and called someone...they are is coming to the house today...hopefully they can fix the problem without having to wipe the hard drive. :badpc:

Joining in!
I'll be there in Feb. as well.

:welcome:

SO happy to have a new reader! So when in February will you be there?

jordanyosh
12-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Crossing the fingers about the hard drive.

eliz991
12-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Okay, computer is fixed so I'm hoping to be able to post an update tonight.

I got my free maps from Disney - I don't think they're useful, but they're cute - I'll give them to Donna Sue after the trip. I also downloaded the eticket app for my iphone but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

I really need to work on a food budget and finish the binder...okay, I don't *need* to, but that's next on my list of things to do!

In other news, I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping...just need to wrap things. I also need to put out my Christmas village. Our condo is very un-Christmasy this year. We decided not to put up the tree because the condo is on the market and it looks too small with a tree in the living room. But now I'm having a hard time feeling festive. Maybe I'll go find a small tree (has to be fake though, I'm allergic to pine trees).

vamassey1
12-08-2009, 11:16 AM
I think you should put up a miniture tree. They have the cutest stuff for small trees. Can you tell I like miniture stuff?

wsdl1085
12-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Okay, computer is fixed so I'm hoping to be able to post an update tonight.

First off, just realized I hadn't stopped to say hi on your PTR yet, so HI!
Yay for getting the computer fixed. Mine needs some help too. I know what the problem is. My BF knows what the problem is. But has he fixed it yet? Nope. He says tomorrow he will. We'll see :sad2:

I got my free maps from Disney - I don't think they're useful, but they're cute

I ordered them too ages ago. Mainly because I just wanted to be able to say I had custom maps. :rolleyes:

eliz991
12-09-2009, 01:17 PM
I think you should put up a miniture tree. They have the cutest stuff for small trees. Can you tell I like miniture stuff?

I think this is the way I'm leaning. Just have to figure out where to put it! My DH used to have a miniature tree before we lived together, but I don't know where it is. Probably in one of our two storage units, I guess!

First off, just realized I hadn't stopped to say hi on your PTR yet, so HI!
Yay for getting the computer fixed. Mine needs some help too. I know what the problem is. My BF knows what the problem is. But has he fixed it yet? Nope. He says tomorrow he will. We'll see :sad2:
I ordered them too ages ago. Mainly because I just wanted to be able to say I had custom maps. :rolleyes:

Yes, that was the issue with mine too - had to wait for DH to fix it/call someone/whatever. Sometimes they're handy to have around and sometimes it would be a lot faster if they would just let you hire someone to do it already!

The maps are cute, especially since we don't know our way around. I think we'll bring them with the binder but just leave them in the room.

No update last night - tv marathon of the biggest loser and last week's glee and top chef. Soon though! Tonight we are going to see New Moon. popcorn::

Millie12591
12-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Hey there Texas sista! Jumping on board. :goodvibes I have only read the first page and part of the next......I've got some reading to get to! ;)
Sounds like a great trip!

eliz991
12-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Hey there Texas sista! Jumping on board. :goodvibes I have only read the first page and part of the next......I've got some reading to get to! ;)
Sounds like a great trip!

Hi Camille my Texas sista! Thanks for joining in and :welcome:

Now our monitor is going out. :mad: This computer is TWO years old people! And why is it that men always say you're wrong when something is broken but they didn't see it? Me: I went to print something on the computer, and now it looks like the monitor is going out. DH: The monitor's not going out. Me: Well, it has all lines across the top quarter and no picture, and I didn't touch the settings, so I restarted the computer but it did the same thing. DH: You don't know anything about computers, I don't know why you insist on saying something is broken when you don't know. Me: But you haven't even gone upstairs and looked at it yet! :confused3

5 minutes later, after he goes upstairs...DH: Wow, I can't believe that monitor is going out after only 2 years, good thing it is still under warranty. Me: Yeah, who knew? :rolleyes:

I love him with all my heart but jeeze! I did go to law school, let's assume I have elementary powers of observation at least. :rotfl:

jordanyosh
12-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi Camille my Texas sista! Thanks for joining in and :welcome:

Now our monitor is going out. :mad: This computer is TWO years old people! And why is it that men always say you're wrong when something is broken but they didn't see it? Me: I went to print something on the computer, and now it looks like the monitor is going out. DH: The monitor's not going out. Me: Well, it has all lines across the top quarter and no picture, and I didn't touch the settings, so I restarted the computer but it did the same thing. DH: You don't know anything about computers, I don't know why you insist on saying something is broken when you don't know. Me: But you haven't even gone upstairs and looked at it yet! :confused3

5 minutes later, after he goes upstairs...DH: Wow, I can't believe that monitor is going out after only 2 years, good thing it is still under warranty. Me: Yeah, who knew? :rolleyes:

I love him with all my heart but jeeze! I did go to law school, let's assume I have elementary powers of observation at least. :rotfl:

I apologize for him. Does that count? I'm a man at least...;)

Millie12591
12-10-2009, 03:44 PM

:rotfl2: You just spoke the universal language of frustration for almost every married woman on this planet! :rotfl2: This is why I love the commercial so much with the woman reading the newspaper at the kitchen counter and the husband goes to the fridge to get the milk out and starts to drink it out of the carton, all the while the woman with her back turned to him, "KNOWS" what's about to happen and has just the sliiiiiiightest smirk on her face. The husband proceeds to go into convulsions to get to the sink faster than lightening to spit out said milk because it's beyond bad! And the best part.... the wife then says....."Fridge is broke."
She doesn't even crack a smile or turn around.
Baaaaaa, haaaaaa, haaaaaa! :rotfl2::rotfl2: I love it!!!!
That commercial summed up the message every woman wants to make to their man for not believing them when they tell them something is broke.
AND, do you know what my husbands reaction was when I broke out in gales of laughter and couldn't stop for almost ten minutes?? "That's not funny!" Which of course made me laugh for another 15 mins. :rotfl:
:love: Ditto. But dang, give us a break already! :laughing:

Awwww, Jordie. That's the sweetest thing I think I've seen a man do for all the other male's out there....messing it up for everyone else. ;) :lmao:

eliz991
12-10-2009, 05:44 PM

He did apologize...he even said "you know that I don't think you're stupid." But I assure you he will do the same thing again next time. :lmao: It's just such a silly reaction to me, it's not like I'm saying HE broke the computer! So I wasn't mad at him but I am mad at the computer still. :badpc: I am getting to know this emoticon too well. Anyway - thank you for the apology. I'll always take one even if I don't need it. :goodvibes

[COLOR="purple]That commercial summed up the message every woman wants to make to their man for not believing them when they tell them something is broke.
AND, do you know what my husbands reaction was when I broke out in gales of laughter and couldn't stop for almost ten minutes?? "That's not funny!" Which of course made me laugh for another 15 mins.

I haven't seen that commercial - but I laughed out loud when I read about it! And I'm sure Tony wouldn't think it was funny either! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

eliz991
12-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Okay, so I went back and looked at our dining plans, what I thought I might eat and how much it would cost. We have the following ADRs (and yes, I rounded):

HDD Cat 1 = 62
CM = 28
CRT = 50
BD = Fantasmic package, but looks like you can order off the menu now so I'd be surprised if I spent more than $30 here. I mostly want to go for the Cobb salad. Also our dinner res is at like 3 pm or some non-dinner like time.
Fulton's = 45
AP = 45
Wave = 35
Tusker House = 25
CDF = 37
GF tea = 30

This comes to $387 :scared1: and doesn't include alcohol. The DDP for 7 nights would be 280, but we would only get 7 TS credits. Fultons and CDF (at least as of right now) don't take DDP. (I really thought CDF did, but when I looked on the 2010 brochure it wasn't there). Anyway, the most I can squeeze out of the 7 TS credits is $185. Which means I would be spending 95 dollars for 7 QS meals and 7 snacks. Given the chances that we won't have that many meals or will want to blow off an ADR along the way, I decided to stick with the OOP plan but put at least $500 aside in advance for food. Realistically it will need to be more, maybe $750 if I want to include all spending money and be sure I have more than enough. We do plan to order breakfast food, water, and champagne/wine from Garden Grocer.

I was going to sell some Christmas ornaments on ebay to get the money but I decided that it's so close to Christmas that I'm better off waiting until next year and listing them right after Thanksgiving. Some of them are selling for well above what I paid for them. (They are Swarovski snowflakes - they make a different one every year so they are collectibles.)

Speaking of wine, anyone know what they serve at HDD? I'm not a wine snob, but there are some wines that are just :sick: and I'm wondering if I'm better off with the sangria. Fruit hides a lot of sins in wine.

Okay, that shouldn't have been difficult but I hate numbers. People who can do math generally do not go to law school. There's your unprovable trivia of the day - lawyers cannot or do not do math. Except for patent lawyers and some tax lawyers (but not as many as you'd think). If we could do math, we would have gone to med school.

Millie12591
12-12-2009, 03:06 AM
Okay, that shouldn't have been difficult but I hate numbers. People who can do math generally do not go to law school. There's your unprovable trivia of the day - lawyers cannot or do not do math. Except for patent lawyers and some tax lawyers (but not as many as you'd think). If we could do math, we would have gone to med school.

:rotfl2: I never knew this! That's to funny for words! :rotfl:

jordanyosh
12-12-2009, 03:26 AM
asians don't do math either. Oh wait....I mean THIS Asian doesn't do math.

Millie12591
12-12-2009, 04:41 AM

Jordie, math challenged or not....we still love you. :hug: At least your with good company, I'm math challenged and techno challenged as you know. Although I'm not Asian, not even close.....but your still in good company! :thumbsup2
Can you DVR on your t.v.? I figured that out this week! Yeaaaa for me! :banana:
I'm still trying to get my son to help me load the pics on the puter so I can show you our treasure we (dd10) "obtained" pirate: the other night. :woohoo:

mnmrmustard
12-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Hello Elizabeth - jumping on board late after seeing you post on the meandering microcosm that is Jordan's PTR. Love your TR title – we’re big Princess Bride fans here :thumbsup2

Looks like you have a great trip lined out for Donna Sue and you. Challenging first day you have lined out with an early wake-up for flight and a 9pm Hoop-De-Doo! Good call with leaving after Spectro to get there - as you said "no need to start off a trip stressed out!" ;)

For trip planning I've used a binder for our last two trips, printed word doc, excel spreadsheet, and internet info sheets bound in it along with a two-pouch insert for holding vouchers and tickets and such.

As far ad AK goes, we've only done one "one dayer" there so I'm not a good judge on a day's itinerary. We hit the ride/show high points and left a bunch not seen as far as the animal exhibits. One thing that worked really well for us was to hit Kilimanjaro Safaris right as the parade was about to start. The line for the safari is short and you can make it out in time to see the parade as it finishes right at the exit of the safari! Finding Nemo was a blast and I was at the very back of the auditorium and could see everything very well (you can look at the AK day on my WDW TR if you want to see a BUNCH of pics of it). With the PS seats you’ll be more surrounded by the action as some of the characters come out into the lower isles.

Good batch of ADRs overall – sooo many good places to check out, but it sounds like you are hitting some really good ones. :woohoo:

Congrats on getting your trip paid off and nice flashback from your trip in the second grade. We went when I was around that age too – possibly the same year you did as I’m 40 also. I remember it was the bi-centennial and the special parade they had for that. I remember 20,000 leagues too and riding the skyway through the Matterhorn. The high point for me was the Electric Light Parade :-]

RnRC is probably my favorite RC in the parks …with EE a close second. My younger daughter and I rode it 8 times on our daddy/daughter day at DHS …hehehe.

Glad your computer got fixed, hard to plan without it. And yes, those maps are cute and are more of a keepsake than a useful item.

Oh no, monitor problems too! It might be the monitor or the vid card, hard to tell without looking at it. Did you get an invoice detailing what the guy who came out did when he worked on your computer? Yeah, we men are bull-headed and like to see things for ourselves, just the way we’re wired I guess :confused3

Yup, the prices for the meals really add up. At least you're only paying for yourself though. And yes, math is horrible. I can’t stand it …and I’m an IT Director :teacher: :headache:

Looking forward to hearing more of your planning fun - hope you're having a great holiday!

eliz991
12-21-2009, 02:31 PM

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Can you DVR on your t.v.? I figured that out this week! Yeaaaa for me! :banana:
I'm still trying to get my son to help me load the pics on the puter so I can show you our treasure we (dd10) "obtained" pirate: the other night. :woohoo:

Woo-hootie! :banana: WTG! And now that you started posting pics you'll never go back. :thumbsup2

Hello Elizabeth - jumping on board late after seeing you post on the meandering microcosm that is Jordan's PTR. Love your TR title – we’re big Princess Bride fans here :thumbsup2

:welcome: and thanks - I don't know why but one of Tony's friends always says that to us when we leave her house so it just jumped out at me.

Looks like you have a great trip lined out for Donna Sue and you. Challenging first day you have lined out with an early wake-up for flight and a 9pm Hoop-De-Doo! Good call with leaving after Spectro to get there - as you said "no need to start off a trip stressed out!" ;)

actually after more thought I changed it to a 7:15 hoop-de-doo with the idea that we'll do spectro and wishes another night. We'll just spend a few hours at MK getting a taste that afternoon since we will have a whole day there later in the week.

For trip planning I've used a binder for our last two trips, printed word doc, excel spreadsheet, and internet info sheets bound in it along with a two-pouch insert for holding vouchers and tickets and such.

Thanks! This is close to what I have right now and I think it will work out. I have all our confirmations in one place and then a section for each park, and the excel spreadsheet in the front. I need to post an updated plan, I may do that tonight. The binder is at home. :thumbsup2

As far ad AK goes, we've only done one "one dayer" there so I'm not a good judge on a day's itinerary. We hit the ride/show high points and left a bunch not seen as far as the animal exhibits. One thing that worked really well for us was to hit Kilimanjaro Safaris right as the parade was about to start. The line for the safari is short and you can make it out in time to see the parade as it finishes right at the exit of the safari! Finding Nemo was a blast and I was at the very back of the auditorium and could see everything very well (you can look at the AK day on my WDW TR if you want to see a BUNCH of pics of it). With the PS seats you’ll be more surrounded by the action as some of the characters come out into the lower isles.

That is an excellent tip! We will definitely remember that ~ cool!

Congrats on getting your trip paid off and nice flashback from your trip in the second grade. We went when I was around that age too – possibly the same year you did as I’m 40 also. I remember it was the bi-centennial and the special parade they had for that. I remember 20,000 leagues too and riding the skyway through the Matterhorn. The high point for me was the Electric Light Parade :-]

We were obviously the same age since I know it was 1976 - but if the years are throwing you off, I started school early, so you might have been in first grade.

RnRC is probably my favorite RC in the parks …with EE a close second. My younger daughter and I rode it 8 times on our daddy/daughter day at DHS …hehehe.

I cannot wait to ride EE! I liked RnRC but I am obviously getting older as I felt a little breathless when we got off.

Glad your computer got fixed, hard to plan without it. And yes, those maps are cute and are more of a keepsake than a useful item.

Oh no, monitor problems too! It might be the monitor or the vid card, hard to tell without looking at it. Did you get an invoice detailing what the guy who came out did when he worked on your computer? Yeah, we men are bull-headed and like to see things for ourselves, just the way we’re wired I guess :confused3

I decided not to worry my pretty little head about the computer any more and just let DH take care of it. :rotfl: He did send the monitor back, we borrowed one from a friend in the mean time so it does seem to be the monitor and not the vid card.

Yup, the prices for the meals really add up. At least you're only paying for yourself though. And yes, math is horrible. I can’t stand it …and I’m an IT Director :teacher: :headache:

Looking forward to hearing more of your planning fun - hope you're having a great holiday!

True, a definite advantage to going with a friend and not family members! DH is going skiing in January (I don't ski - I don't go to cold places on purpose) so we are basically each having our own winter vacation this year.

Thanks so much for joining in and hope your holidays are happy too!

eliz991
12-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Happy New Year everyone!

Got my "Disney Vacations Must Sees for the Stepp Family" email with the photopass discount... thanks to the DIS I knew to look for it! It's getting close now. All I have to do is book the massages and start packing. :rotfl:

I got a new suitcase for Christmas (the airline broke my last one on the way home from Jamaica). It's a 29 inch, lightweight (my other one was so heavy I couldn't keep it under the weight limit) and olive green (still neutral but easy to find at baggage claim). I'll break it in for Disney. :) I think it is Delsey brand.

Oh and a Christmas card reminded me of one more thing we need to do. Tony and I have friends who live in Orlando, but we have only ever seen them in Jamaica (I know that sounds weird, but anyway). Because of that, we didn't even think to call them when we were there in July, so I promised I would let them know when I would be there in February. They don't know Donna Sue but that's not a problem, they're super nice. So I need to call them and see if they want to meet for dinner one night.

Last thing - I have to buy a new car before we go to Disney. Minor detail. :rotfl2: (Yes, we are flying - right now I have a lease and it ends at the end of February so I need to figure out what I am doing about a new car before I go.) I need something cheap-ish but reliable and not too small. Any suggestions?

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

jordanyosh
12-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Corolla/Civic/Altima would be my first choices.

or the Ford fusion

Millie12591
01-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Happy New Year everyone!

Happy New Year!!

Got my "Disney Vacations Must Sees for the Stepp Family" email with the photopass discount... thanks to the DIS I knew to look for it! It's getting close now. All I have to do is book the massages and start packing. :rotfl:

I got a new suitcase for Christmas (the airline broke my last one on the way home from Jamaica). It's a 29 inch, lightweight (my other one was so heavy I couldn't keep it under the weight limit) and olive green (still neutral but easy to find at baggage claim). I'll break it in for Disney. :) I think it is Delsey brand.

I looooove shopping for luggage. I just don't always find good deals, actually....I almost never find good deals. It's hard for me to part with a lot of money when I know the airline will break it any way. How did you get around this when buying new luggage? Did you just take the plunge? Jordy, if I remember right you bought some before China, right? Help me out here.

Last thing - I have to buy a new car before we go to Disney. Minor detail. :rotfl2: (Yes, we are flying - right now I have a lease and it ends at the end of February so I need to figure out what I am doing about a new car before I go.) I need something cheap-ish but reliable and not too small. Any suggestions?

Hope everyone had a good holiday!
Had a great holiday. Hope yours was good. Buying a car is a headache and fun all at the same time, but in the end it's worth it. Hope you find what you want.

or the Ford fusion
This all sounds good to me. :thumbsup2 I'm partial to Honda, if you take good care of it, it will last you well into 300 thousand miles and beyond. We had one that did, before we sold it. Still ran like a champ.

vamassey1
01-03-2010, 03:45 PM
I love new luggage. We bought some from both of our older kids for Christmas but ended up returning it. They don't like luggage like we do. :confused3

I hate buying new cars. Too many choices. Dennis loves shopping for new cars. He's helping my sister right now. We did get a Fusion in the spring and have been really happy with it so far. We'll be driving it to Disney!

I got my email about the photopass but I think I'll pass this time. We did it in June but Dennis doesn't want to spend so much time taking pictures. The only way I was going to get in a picture in June was by doing the Photopass. I hope he changes his mind.

eliz991
01-04-2010, 12:23 PM

or the Ford fusion

I kind of like the Fusion. Civics are always good. I need to see who is offering good deals right now too. Thanks for the advice!

Had a great holiday. Hope yours was good. Buying a car is a headache and fun all at the same time, but in the end it's worth it. Hope you find what you want.
This all sounds good to me. :thumbsup2 I'm partial to Honda, if you take good care of it, it will last you well into 300 thousand miles and beyond. We had one that did, before we sold it. Still ran like a champ.

Thanks Camille! Hondas are reliable, that would be good for me. I don't have a lot of luck with cars (ex - my catalytic converter went out on my current car at less than 25K miles).

It didn't grab the part about the luggage - I don't like to spend a lot either, but I got around it by having DH buy me a bag for Christmas. I don't know how much it cost. :thumbsup2 In the past I have found good deals on ebags, though, but you have to shop around. I usually check out the clearance section until I see something I like.

I love new luggage. We bought some from both of our older kids for Christmas but ended up returning it. They don't like luggage like we do. :confused3

I hate buying new cars. Too many choices. Dennis loves shopping for new cars. He's helping my sister right now. We did get a Fusion in the spring and have been really happy with it so far. We'll be driving it to Disney!

I got my email about the photopass but I think I'll pass this time. We did it in June but Dennis doesn't want to spend so much time taking pictures. The only way I was going to get in a picture in June was by doing the Photopass. I hope he changes his mind.

I love new luggage too - your kids don't know what they are missing!

I am going to check out the Fusion...glad to hear you like it. There are just so many cars to choose from!

That was my thought, that the easiest way to have pictures of both of us is to use the photopass guys. We didn't get one when we went in July since we weren't there very long. My sister got some she liked though of her family. Right now I don't think I'll like any pictures of me if I don't get going on taking off some of this weight I've put on! :scared1:

eliz991
01-13-2010, 11:34 AM
I cannot believe we are leaving in 31 days! I really need to start playing around with the camera so I can get some good pics. DH is taking it to NY on Friday (his winter vacation) so I'll have to wait until he gets back.

This week is crazy, I have to give a big presentation at work tomorrow and meanwhile I am getting swamped with my "regular" work. Still haven't downloaded ridemax, maybe tonight (I'm still a little scared of the computer!)

We got our ME packet :thumbsup2 and our photopass card in the mail. Cool!

I have off Monday so I am going to look at used cars then. I've been scouting consumer reports and right now I have on my list the altima, accord/civic, elantra, corolla, and the saab 93. I really want the saab but I'm not sure it's very practical. ;) I think I am going to go to carmax and test drive a bunch of things. I can get around any sales pressure by telling them that I can't buy until my husband is in town to approve the car. We live in Texas, they'll fall for that. :lmao:

Monday I called to get our massage appointments at the Grand Floridian, after we have tea there. They only have a 4 hour cancellation policy which I thought was pretty awesome! However, we did have a slight cultural difference when I was reserving:

Nice professional spa lady: Okay, I need the first name of the first person.

Me: Elizabeth

NPSL: Okay, and the last name?

Me: XXXXXXX

NPSL: And the first name of the second guest?

Me: Donna Sue

NPSL: Just the first name.

Me: That is her first name, Donna Sue.

NPSL: .....

Me: I mean, it's two names, Donna and then Sue, but they are both her first name.

NPSL: .....

Me: We are from Texas.

NPSL: Ooookay....and the last name?

:rotfl2: I guess I should have dropped the Sue. :rotfl2:

vamassey1
01-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Too funny! You could also have said you're from the South.

Good luck car shopping. I hate it with a passion. That's DH's job, not mine.

Time's just a flying by! I have so much to do before we go. Yesterday Michelle and I worked on the binder. I printed all the menus of the places we're eating at and all the CS places we might eat at. I bought new sneakers and I really need to work on the list of the other stuff I need to purchase. We're also trying to get Danielle ready for her first Girl Scout camp out next weekend. I plan on getting lots done when she gone next weekend.

DisneyMomLiz
01-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi Elizabeth...from another Elizabeth (as you may have guessed from my screen name) ;)

Saw your link from GB's TR. Love your PTR title, my sister and I once had the Princess Bride movie memorized and would recite scenes for fun. I know, crazy.

Well I'm in, now back to read, just started...4 pages to go.

Millie12591
01-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Hi Elizabeth...from another Elizabeth (as you may have guessed from my screen name) ;)

Saw your link from GB's TR. Love your PTR title, my sister and I once had the Princess Bride movie memorized and would recite scenes for fun. I know, crazy.

Not crazy. Princess Bride is serious business. ;) You can't be to serious about the classics. :teeth:

disneylovin24
01-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Hello:wizard::wizard:

I'll be down in disney the same week you are:cool1: YAY for trips being less then a month away

Millie12591
01-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Elizabeth~

I just saw your wedding photos...You look so beautiful!!! :love: I love your wedding gown. It was very classy and you looked amazing in it, handsome hubby too. :thumbsup2
I'm excited to hear you'll be driving some cars to figure out what you like. Hopefully you'll find what you like this way and you'll know better what your looking for.

eliz991
01-15-2010, 01:33 PM

:welcome: Hope you enjoy! I haven't actually seen the whole movie in ages, I should sit down and watch it again sometime. "When I was your age, television was called books." :rotfl2:

Not crazy. Princess Bride is serious business. ;) You can't be to serious about the classics. :teeth:

That is correct! "I have hired you to help me start a war. It's a prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition." :rotfl2:

Hello:wizard::wizard:

I'll be down in disney the same week you are:cool1: YAY for trips being less then a month away

:welcome: Wow, you have had a lot of trips - and BLT this time? Cool! That place looks just awesome. I want to stay there just to stand on the roof and watch the fireworks.

Elizabeth~

I just saw your wedding photos...You look so beautiful!!! :love: I love your wedding gown. It was very classy and you looked amazing in it, handsome hubby too. :thumbsup2
I'm excited to hear you'll be driving some cars to figure out what you like. Hopefully you'll find what you like this way and you'll know better what your looking for.

Thanks Camille! I had forgotten I had even posted those, had to go back and look. We had so much fun at our wedding, I am laughing in almost every picture. That could also be because I am holding a glass of champagne in almost every picture.:drinking1

I'm excited about the car, kind of, and kind of just want someone to drop a car off on my porch and say, "here, drive this!"

jordanyosh
01-16-2010, 02:11 AM
Funny reservation story.

Millie12591
01-16-2010, 08:24 AM
:welcome: Hope you enjoy! I haven't actually seen the whole movie in ages, I should sit down and watch it again sometime. "When I was your age, television was called books." :rotfl2:

That is correct! "I have hired you to help me start a war. It's a prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition." :rotfl2:

"Fezzik!? Are there rocks ahead?!? If there are, we'll all be dead! NO MORE RYHMES NOW, I MEAN IT!....ANNNYbody want a peanut?!?
DAAAH!"

Thanks Camille! I had forgotten I had even posted those, had to go back and look. We had so much fun at our wedding, I am laughing in almost every picture. That could also be because I am holding a glass of champagne in almost every picture.:drinking1

I'm excited about the car, kind of, and kind of just want someone to drop a car off on my porch and say, "here, drive this!"
I totally understand what you mean, the first car we looked at we bought without looking at another car. For the last one, we looked at literally every car lot between here and San Anton and back, stopping in New Braunfels to get the van we ended up with. :rolleyes:

eliz991
01-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Funny reservation story.

I really did think that with the global clientele that Disney gets that two first names wouldn't have thrown her that much.

I totally understand what you mean, the first car we looked at we bought without looking at another car. For the last one, we looked at literally every car lot between here and San Anton and back, stopping in New Braunfels to get the van we ended up with. :rolleyes:

Exactly! I did go to carmax yesterday and look at a bunch of stuff and test drove a couple. I think it is down between the civic and the saab, with the altima in 3rd place. It kind of depends on what is available price/year/mileage when I am actually ready to buy.

eliz991
01-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much lately, here or on your reports. Partially I've been really busy at work and partially I'm creeped out.

See, I got a PM the other day (not going to out the offender) - my first PM! I was so excited! They wanted to meet us for a drink while we were in Disney. Cool, a Dis-meet, right?

Wrong. This was a guy who wanted to "party" with me and Donna, without his wife and kids knowledge, and "have some fun at the mouse."

I think I need a shower. WTH is wrong with people? Yes, it's a girls trip, yes, we love to have fun and drink but we don't PARTY WITH MARRIED MEN WITHOUT THEIR WIVES KNOWLEDGE. I'm very happily married and Donna Sue has a boyfriend! Plus, EWWWWW!!! You are there with your WIFE and KIDS at DISNEY WORLD and you want to sneak off for some perverted three way or who knows what? :mad:

Sorry for the shouting but it really brought me kinda down on the DIS. So I've been a little quiet. :sad1: You would think this would be one place a woman could hang out and not get inappropriately hit on.

Millie12591
01-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much lately, here or on your reports. Partially I've been really busy at work and partially I'm creeped out.

See, I got a PM the other day (not going to out the offender) - my first PM! I was so excited! They wanted to meet us for a drink while we were in Disney. Cool, a Dis-meet, right?

Wrong. This was a guy who wanted to "party" with me and Donna, without his wife and kids knowledge, and "have some fun at the mouse."

I think I need a shower. WTH is wrong with people? Yes, it's a girls trip, yes, we love to have fun and drink but we don't PARTY WITH MARRIED MEN WITHOUT THEIR WIVES KNOWLEDGE. I'm very happily married and Donna Sue has a boyfriend! Plus, EWWWWW!!! You are there with your WIFE and KIDS at DISNEY WORLD and you want to sneak off for some perverted three way or who knows what? :mad:

Sorry for the shouting but it really brought me kinda down on the DIS. So I've been a little quiet. :sad1: You would think this would be one place a woman could hang out and not get inappropriately hit on.

Uuuuuuuuh, Yeah! Report his @ss!!! What a freakin pig!! I would spread his name like wild fire on here.

jordanyosh
01-20-2010, 10:38 PM

so sorry!

you should PM the webmaster or moderator and have this person banned from the boards.....it's not that hard to do when something heinous like this happens.

eliz991
01-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Uuuuuuuuh, Yeah! Report his @ss!!! What a freakin pig!! I would spread his name like wild fire on here.

I wanted to, but I don't want to get 8000 more PMs about what a witch I am. It's pretty easy to create a new identity on bulletin boards if you want to, I think. Although I did look up his other posts and he doesn't seem all that nice anyway.

so sorry!

you should PM the webmaster or moderator and have this person banned from the boards.....it's not that hard to do when something heinous like this happens.

I think that is what I will do...let them handle it...at first I thought I was overreacting but I re-read them and I'm really not.

I should have trusted my instincts after the first PM because it seemed a little weird, but I was trying to put aside my lawyer-y New York-y suspicion. :rolleyes: I feel better about it now, his problem, not mine.

I almost thought he was making fun of me at first. It's not like I'd be on someone's top 10 list to randomly hit on, other than the fact that we're traveling without kids. :sad2: I feel sorry for this guy's wife and kids, for sure.

DisneyMomLiz
01-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Ditto to what Jordan said. Sorry and you should definitely report him, which it sounds like you are planning on doing...good for you!!

vamassey1
01-21-2010, 01:15 PM
How horrible! Report him. This is a family friendly site.

jordanyosh
01-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Don't let one bad apple bring you down.

eliz991
01-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Ditto to what Jordan said. Sorry and you should definitely report him, which it sounds like you are planning on doing...good for you!!

Thank you -- I did.

How horrible! Report him. This is a family friendly site.

Thanks va-va-va-voom! I sent an email.

Don't let one bad apple bring you down.

You are correct Jordan! Still can't believe how close it is, I need to call garden grocer about wine prices and figure out what we are going to order. cereal and snacks I think. :)

And we ordered our tiaras - Donna Sue wanted tiaras to wear to breakfast on her birthday. I also have Tony working on a tee-shirt for her but she doesn't know about it, it's a surprise. Here is the tiara:

I'm about to get myself a Vera Bradley purse for losing 10 pounds...my 5 pound "prize" was my mouse ears. I'll have to post a picture of all of this stuff as soon as I remember how. :)

vamassey1
01-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Thank you -- I did.

Good!:thumbsup2

Thanks va-va-va-voom! I sent an email.

I love this name!

You are correct Jordan! Still can't believe how close it is, I need to call garden grocer about wine prices and figure out what we are going to order. cereal and snacks I think. :)

And we ordered our tiaras - Donna Sue wanted tiaras to wear to breakfast on her birthday. I also have Tony working on a tee-shirt for her but she doesn't know about it, it's a surprise. Here is the tiara:

I want to see.

I'm about to get myself a Vera Bradley purse for losing 10 pounds...my 5 pound "prize" was my mouse ears. I'll have to post a picture of all of this stuff as soon as I remember how. :)

Way to go!

eliz991
01-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Okay, I can't open my email now so the ears later. Here are the "tiaras" we ordered (too cute right!):

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/eliz991/41huDDIQRoL__SS500_.jpg

And the purse - it is the hipster in Loves Me

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/eliz991/10447055.jpg

Sorry if these are big - I'm at work so I'm trying to rush.

Millie12591
01-21-2010, 05:45 PM
I wanted to, but I don't want to get 8000 more PMs about what a witch I am. It's pretty easy to create a new identity on bulletin boards if you want to, I think. Although I did look up his other posts and he doesn't seem all that nice anyway.

I think that is what I will do...let them handle it...at first I thought I was overreacting but I re-read them and I'm really not.

I should have trusted my instincts after the first PM because it seemed a little weird, but I was trying to put aside my lawyer-y New York-y suspicion. :rolleyes: I feel better about it now, his problem, not mine.

I almost thought he was making fun of me at first. It's not like I'd be on someone's top 10 list to randomly hit on, other than the fact that we're traveling without kids. :sad2: I feel sorry for this guy's wife and kids, for sure.

Your a beautiful lady, so I can see why. From the way this is sounding though, I think he would hit on a tree. I don't think I will ever understand the dark side of someone's mind who thinks this sort of thing is OK. Why come here?!? If your "Looking for a good time." :confused3 Seriously!
I can't stand it when men think it's their right to go after women how ever and when ever they please. Makes me sick.
As a married woman on the boards or any where for that matter, I try and be very careful when speaking to a man, so as not to say things for which could give the wrong impression, and that's out and open with everyone else seeing what I'm saying on the thread!
Your doing the right thing sister, just tell the mod. and let it go, don't stop your report because of this depraved person, and if he does it again, just keep reporting until they boot him enough times he gets the message. :snooty:

Millie12591
01-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Okay, I can't open my email now so the ears later. Here are the "tiaras" we ordered (too cute right!):

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/eliz991/41huDDIQRoL__SS500_.jpg

And the purse - it is the hipster in Loves Me

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/eliz991/10447055.jpg

Sorry if these are big - I'm at work so I'm trying to rush.

These weren't to big at all. I love the hipster! To cute. All right Texas Sista! I'm wondering if your going to wear anything to represent where your from?
Every year my daughter (and maybe me this year, since I'm losing weight. 22 lb. so far) gets a shirt that has a Texas Long Horn on it, it's not that she's a big Long Horns fan, but pretty much everyone knows it's from Austin so she wears it. :yay: (she's actually an Aggie fan :rolleyes: what'ya do?) First year it was a pink athletes Long Horns shirt, and this year it's a white T-shirt with fushcia pink tie dye, Long Horns shirt. It's really cute.

Or have you gotten this far to know what your wearing yet? :yay: Can't wait to find out what you have planned wardrobe wise.

vamassey1
01-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Love the tiara and hipster! You'll be styling in Disney.princess:

jordanyosh
01-21-2010, 07:52 PM
I try not to comment on bags...;)

disneylovin24
01-21-2010, 08:11 PM
I love vera bradley bags:lovestruc I probably have too many...but don't tell anyone;)

eliz991
01-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Your a beautiful lady, so I can see why. From the way this is sounding though, I think he would hit on a tree. I don't think I will ever understand the dark side of someone's mind who thinks this sort of thing is OK. Why come here?!? If your "Looking for a good time." :confused3 Seriously!

Aww, thanks Camille! That made my day! I agree about the icky dude - don't they have websites for that sort of thing? Who tries to pick people up on the dis?

These weren't to big at all. I love the hipster! To cute. All right Texas Sista! I'm wondering if your going to wear anything to represent where your from?
Every year my daughter (and maybe me this year, since I'm losing weight. 22 lb. so far) gets a shirt that has a Texas Long Horn on it, it's not that she's a big Long Horns fan, but pretty much everyone knows it's from Austin so she wears it. :yay: (she's actually an Aggie fan :rolleyes: what'ya do?) First year it was a pink athletes Long Horns shirt, and this year it's a white T-shirt with fushcia pink tie dye, Long Horns shirt. It's really cute.

Or have you gotten this far to know what your wearing yet? :yay: Can't wait to find out what you have planned wardrobe wise.

Whoop! A&M Class of '90 right here! So I will probably have an aggie shirt with me and a cowboys shirt. I wanted to buy one of the shirts with the new stadium on it that says "ours is bigger" but they only have S, M, and 2X in stock. I like shirts big but I think 2X is pushing it.

Love the tiara and hipster! You'll be styling in Disney.princess:

Thank you! I actually "had" to buy a zip around wallet as well in the mosaic pattern because shipping was $10 if I just bought the hipster but free if I spent $19 more dollars...so I bought a $20 wallet because it was really only $9. Is that fuzzy disney math?

I try not to comment on bags...;)

Don't worry, I'll talk about shoes soon. :rotfl:

I love vera bradley bags:lovestruc I probably have too many...but don't tell anyone;)

Your secret is safe with me. :thumbsup2

I don't have any - they shipped them already so I can't wait until they get here!

Oh - here is a picture of me with my ears...it's kind of fuzzy because I took it myself on my phone!

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/eliz991/earsphoto.jpg

jordanyosh
01-22-2010, 12:36 PM
shoes?:)

eliz991
01-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Oh gosh, I forgot to say - congrats Camille on your weight loss! You rock! You should definitely get a new longhorns shirt. Your daughter's sound cute.

vamassey1
01-22-2010, 01:47 PM
I will be sporting a Saints shirt and an LSU shirt too. I think we'll plan a day for everyone to wear each.

topdog
01-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Hi Elizabeth :wave2:

I am a little late but I finally made it here. You must be very exciting since you are only a little over 2 weeks away from the trip. We were there about the same time last year. The weather was awesome, mid 70 to low 80. Not too hot and not too warm.

Did you get your new car yet? Car purchase is always very stressful for me. That's why I choose to keep fixing my ride rather than replacing it. BTW, your wedding pictures looked great!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I am not a binder planning kinda guy. Since I bought a used iPhone last year, all my schedule and notes are in the iPhone now. Very convenience. :thumbsup2 I bought a Disney Dining plan iPhone app for $2. So far, I thought it's awesome. I can input all my ADR confirmation # and the app will keep track of all our reservation. It has information of all the Disney restaurants, which one is on the dining plan and which one is not. It even has the menu of all the restaurants.

Sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience from certain member here. I agreed with other readers here. Report him and let the mod ban him.

I got to go to work now. Too bad I can DISing at work because they block it. I only have like an hour or less to sign on everyday when I get home. Very limited time for me to comment anything. Some time I will squeeze in for like 15 or 30 minutes before I go to work like this morning. It's very inconvenient. Then again, if work didn't block it, I might not able to get any work done. :lmao:

Have a wonderful and magical trip!! :wizard: pixiedust: I can't wait to read your TR.

Millie12591
01-27-2010, 12:28 PM
TopDog, your such a nice guy.
Elizabeth, you'll love having TD apart of your report. He's a good guy. :thumbsup2 His wife can kick some serious booty, she has earned like a 100 black belts. :laughing: TopDog takes really amazing pictures, if you have a chance you should check out his last TR, the pictures are really great.

eliz991
01-28-2010, 11:21 AM
I will be sporting a Saints shirt and an LSU shirt too. I think we'll plan a day for everyone to wear each.

I am so excited for your Saints! Especially since it gave us better food for our Superbowl party. I don't even know what Minnesota food would be. Bratwurst? As it is all we could come up with for Indiana is corn. But that's okay, it will go great with our fried catfish and gumbo!

Hi Elizabeth :wave2:

I am a little late but I finally made it here. You must be very exciting since you are only a little over 2 weeks away from the trip. We were there about the same time last year. The weather was awesome, mid 70 to low 80. Not too hot and not too warm.

Did you get your new car yet? Car purchase is always very stressful for me. That's why I choose to keep fixing my ride rather than replacing it. BTW, your wedding pictures looked great!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I am not a binder planning kinda guy. Since I bought a used iPhone last year, all my schedule and notes are in the iPhone now. Very convenience. :thumbsup2 I bought a Disney Dining plan iPhone app for $2. So far, I thought it's awesome. I can input all my ADR confirmation # and the app will keep track of all our reservation. It has information of all the Disney restaurants, which one is on the dining plan and which one is not. It even has the menu of all the restaurants.

Sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience from certain member here. I agreed with other readers here. Report him and let the mod ban him.

I got to go to work now. Too bad I can DISing at work because they block it. I only have like an hour or less to sign on everyday when I get home. Very limited time for me to comment anything. Some time I will squeeze in for like 15 or 30 minutes before I go to work like this morning. It's very inconvenient. Then again, if work didn't block it, I might not able to get any work done. :lmao:

Have a wonderful and magical trip!! :wizard: pixiedust: I can't wait to read your TR.

Topdog! :welcome: I'm so excited to have you here! I can't wait for my TR either. :rotfl: Hopefully it will be more organized than this mess, although the photos won't hold a candle to yours I'm sure. And thank you about the wedding pics. :flower3:

Haven't got the car yet, my lease is up the end of February so I have a few weeks. DH is coming with me this weekend, I found a 2007 Saab 93 with only 8K miles and a clean record, so it is looking like a winner right now. Good price too.

I did report weird dude, didn't hear anything back but hopefully he is gone from these boards. :mad:

Oh, and I have the disboards iphone app, whatever it's called (eticket?), it does have some cool features. I think some of it will be more useful once we're there (like the gps maps) but the restaurant info will come in handy. And has prevented me from printing out the menus of the restaurants we're eating at! :rotfl: I think it will be really good for counter service because I'm not planning those.

I'm one of those goofy people who has to have it on computer AND in hard copy. :rolleyes:

TopDog, your such a nice guy.
Elizabeth, you'll love having TD apart of your report. He's a good guy. :thumbsup2 His wife can kick some serious booty, she has earned like a 100 black belts. :laughing: TopDog takes really amazing pictures, if you have a chance you should check out his last TR, the pictures are really great.

Camille, I know! I did read his TR and his current PTR too - in fact I showed Donna Sue some of his pics and that's one of the big reasons we picked WL.

Sixteen days! Y'all, I have some serious planning to do.

Millie12591
01-29-2010, 02:24 AM
Oh gosh, I forgot to say - congrats Camille on your weight loss! You rock! You should definitely get a new longhorns shirt. Your daughter's sound cute.

Ooooh, thank you! I'm so sorry I missed this!! I can't believe I didn't see it until today. Please, forgive.
I saw your pictures of you and hubby dancing at your wedding over on Jordy's PTR! :banana: Soooo cute!! I loved seeing those! Did you see Winkers dance?!? Oh my goodness!!! :rotfl: So dang funny!
I'm happy about losing the weight I've lost, but I have a looot of weight left to go, so please keep me in your thoughts.:banana: I would like to see myself at a number I haven't seen for a while before I go on my trip. I want to be at the point I have to return my clothes for the trip because they're to big for me to wear. :yay: I think I can do that! :banana:

eliz991
01-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Ooooh, thank you! I'm so sorry I missed this!! I can't believe I didn't see it until today. Please, forgive.

Don't be silly! And you're welcome. :)
I saw your pictures of you and hubby dancing at your wedding over on Jordy's PTR! :banana: Soooo cute!! I loved seeing those! Did you see Winkers dance?!? Oh my goodness!!! :rotfl: So dang funny!

thanks! I know it's been two years, I should really stop posting wedding pictures but it makes me happy to look at them. And Winkers is hilarious, her TRs were some of the first I read and that's what brought me to Jordy, etc.
I'm happy about losing the weight I've lost, but I have a looot of weight left to go, so please keep me in your thoughts.:banana: I would like to see myself at a number I haven't seen for a while before I go on my trip. I want to be at the point I have to return my clothes for the trip because they're to big for me to wear. :yay: I think I can do that! :banana:

I know you can do it! I have a lot to lose too, I am happy with how I am doing right now but I need to stick with it and get back to "normal" by summer, or at least my birthday! I am about 6 pounds away from where I wanted to be when we leave, and have 2 weeks left (I will weigh tomorrow actually and then have 2 weeks) so we'll see how it goes. Returning the clothes would be so awesome!

eliz991
01-29-2010, 05:31 PM
So, I did a little shopping today. I had originally planned to get Donna a bottle of champagne for her birthday but when we ordered groceries it just made more sense to split everything including the wine (I think we have more champagne than food ordered. Just saying.)

Revised plan - I decided to get her a pin lanyard and pouch to carry around her KTTW and fastpasses, etc. Of course I wanted one too so I got two different ones and will let her have first choice. :lmao: I'll give this to her probably on the plane, the other half of her birthday present she will get on her birthday.

Well then Disney was having free shipping if you bought X amount, and some of the tee shirts were on sale, and....fuzzy Disney math strikes again. I set out to get half a birthday present and ended up with all this (I intended to post pictures but forgot that the disney store has their pictures in flash and I don't know how to grab them):

2 lanyard pouches (the 10 year anniversary ones)
1 princess lanyard/starter pin kit
1 tinkerbell lanyard/starter pin kit
1 tinkerbell collage tee shirt
1 winnie the pooh glitter personality tee shirt
1 minnie mouse rolled sleeve tee shirt

My story for DH is that now I won't need to buy any tee shirts at WDW. I will figure out what to tell him about what I buy at WDW when I return.:rotfl2:

The other half of Donna Sue's birthday present is a shirt DH is designing for both of us to wear the day of her birthday - it says "You're Never Too Old To Be A Princess" (of course) and then it has a tiara, our name and a picture of the castle. And yes, it's pink. I'll post a picture when I get home - he did so good!

Millie12591
01-29-2010, 08:19 PM
So, I did a little shopping today. I had originally planned to get Donna a bottle of champagne for her birthday but when we ordered groceries it just made more sense to split everything including the wine (I think we have more champagne than food ordered. Just saying.)

Revised plan - I decided to get her a pin lanyard and pouch to carry around her KTTW and fastpasses, etc. Of course I wanted one too so I got two different ones and will let her have first choice. :lmao: I'll give this to her probably on the plane, the other half of her birthday present she will get on her birthday.

Well then Disney was having free shipping if you bought X amount, and some of the tee shirts were on sale, and....fuzzy Disney math strikes again. I set out to get half a birthday present and ended up with all this (I intended to post pictures but forgot that the disney store has their pictures in flash and I don't know how to grab them):

2 lanyard pouches (the 10 year anniversary ones)
1 princess lanyard/starter pin kit
1 tinkerbell lanyard/starter pin kit
1 tinkerbell collage tee shirt
1 winnie the pooh glitter personality tee shirt
1 minnie mouse rolled sleeve tee shirt

My story for DH is that now I won't need to buy any tee shirts at WDW. I will figure out what to tell him about what I buy at WDW when I return.:rotfl2:

The other half of Donna Sue's birthday present is a shirt DH is designing for both of us to wear the day of her birthday - it says "You're Never Too Old To Be A Princess" (of course) and then it has a tiara, our name and a picture of the castle. And yes, it's pink. I'll post a picture when I get home - he did so good!

Love the shopping expedition! You did good! I'm thinking I need to buy our pin lanyards before hand also. I wonder if there's anything my daughter will like? I personally won't do the pin lanyard as much as I would like to, it makes me overly warm to add anything around my neck. It's not pretty to walk around looking like this :scared: when in "The World." :laughing: I'm thinking since we're going in May, it will more than likely happen any way. What do you do? ;)

Can't wait to see pictures of the t-shirt's your DH is making. :banana:
Hope you had a good day, have a wonderful weekend. Are you going to buy your car this weekend?

vamassey1
01-29-2010, 08:28 PM
You're making me want to do some DisneyShopping now.

I love your reasoning. Can't wait to hear your excusing when you come back with more stuff.

Donna Sue is going to have a great birthday. What day will you'll be wearing the shirts? I want to keep an eye for them.

eliz991
02-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Love the shopping expedition! You did good! I'm thinking I need to buy our pin lanyards before hand also. I wonder if there's anything my daughter will like? I personally won't do the pin lanyard as much as I would like to, it makes me overly warm to add anything around my neck. It's not pretty to walk around looking like this :scared: when in "The World." :laughing: I'm thinking since we're going in May, it will more than likely happen any way. What do you do? ;)

Can't wait to see pictures of the t-shirt's your DH is making. :banana:
Hope you had a good day, have a wonderful weekend. Are you going to buy your car this weekend?

Nope, did more looking but no car yet. This weekend I guess. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. I have decided on the Saab though; just want to go to my local Saab dealer and see if they can beat the deal that Carmax has on a used one.

I really need to post those! I've had a hard time getting on the computer at home lately. Just too much to do!

They had quite a few cute lanyards. They have a good selection on ebay too, but I am in the process of shutting down my paypal account due to someone hacking it :headache: so I went with Disney directly.

You're making me want to do some DisneyShopping now.

I love your reasoning. Can't wait to hear your excusing when you come back with more stuff.

Donna Sue is going to have a great birthday. What day will you'll be wearing the shirts? I want to keep an eye for them.

My DH was like "you bought shirts? Disney shirts?" I think he wonders where else I plan on wearing a tinkerbell shirt. :lmao:

She is so excited. Her birthday is Wednesday so that's the day we'll have the shirts and tiaras on. We will be at MK that day, at least at the beginning.

eliz991
02-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Okay, so I mentioned somewhere that I was clumsy - maybe on Jordan's trip report.

I'm 95% sure that I broke my little toe last night tripping on the futon. It went 90 degrees away from the rest of my toes and now it's purple. I'm going to try to go to urgent care this afternoon and see if they can at least tape it up better than my DH did last night. It hurts like heck!

We leave for Disney in 11 days. Needless to say, I canceled my pedicure appointment today. :sad2:

jordanyosh
02-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Okay, so I mentioned somewhere that I was clumsy - maybe on Jordan's trip report.

I'm 95% sure that I broke my little toe last night tripping on the futon. It went 90 degrees away from the rest of my toes and now it's purple. I'm going to try to go to urgent care this afternoon and see if they can at least tape it up better than my DH did last night. It hurts like heck!

We leave for Disney in 11 days. Needless to say, I canceled my pedicure appointment today. :sad2:
:scared1::scared1:
Get better soon!

DisneyMomLiz
02-03-2010, 10:55 AM
:scared: Ouch, hope you are feeling better...:goodvibes

eliz991
02-03-2010, 12:52 PM
:scared1::scared1:
Get better soon!

I will! Now you go pack! Or whatever it is you still need to do....

:scared: Ouch, hope you are feeling better...:goodvibes

Thanks! I'm not yet, but I'm pretty sure I will be by the time we go. Donna Sue has offered to push me in a wheelchair if necessary. :scared1::lmao:

vamassey1
02-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I know Crocs aren't stylish but they are the most comfy shoes I own. If they help your toes feel better I say wear them.

Having a wheel chair as back up is a good idea too. Anything not to miss your Disney fun.

eliz991
02-04-2010, 11:12 AM
I know Crocs aren't stylish but they are the most comfy shoes I own. If they help your toes feel better I say wear them.

Having a wheel chair as back up is a good idea too. Anything not to miss your Disney fun.

I am really glad I have a pair, that's for sure! they're also wide enough that I don't have to worry about re-bumping my toe.

So, what about you? Are y'all all ready to go?

eliz991
02-12-2010, 06:37 PM
I have been ignoring my own TR but you know how it is right before you go...running around like a crazy person! Luckily I had today off due to snow (now why it snowed 8 inches in Dallas yesterday I have no clue).

Oh, and I think I found my car...2008 with less than 15K miles and right at my price range...they are holding it for me until I get back! I love my car dealership!

So when I get back I will start my TR...see ya!

eliz991
02-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Okay people - I have asked the moderators to close this PTR. I haven't decided for sure on writing a TR, I don't know if I have enough pics or memory of funny details.

If I do, look for a TR named "You know all the queens are evil right?" coming soon to the TR board!

RockinDisney
02-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Ha- I got in b4 they closed it :goodvibes Love the PTR and I hope you do a TR

Millie12591
02-23-2010, 02:40 PM
My Sista!! I'm glad to know that I will at least see you over at Jordan's TR. I missed you! Thank you for the money by the way, give your hubby a kiss on the cheek for getting it out to me. :goodvibes

Guess what?!?

My son got into.....

A&M!!

We got the letter yesterday!! :woohoo:
Love you and missed you my Texas Sista! I do want to hear about your trip, so ask Jordy if he's good with you slipping in every so often something about your trip. :goodvibes :hug:

topdog
02-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Welcome back!! I hope you had fun. :goodvibes

mnmrmustard
03-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey Elisabeth! Haha - they still haven’t closed it! :woohoo:

I’ve been away for a couple of months with crazy work and home schedules and have just gotten back on the boards. Loved the conversation with the ‘nice professional spa lady’ – priceless. Bummer about the creepy guy that PM’d you, that’s just wrong on so many levels. Hope he got kicked off and didn’t give you any more grief.

Unlike Jordan, I’ll jump right in there and comment on the bag (I can do that, I live in a house full of women ;-D ). That was quite the set of pink bling y’all ordered, you’ll be stylin’ for sure in the parks. And great purchases via Disney online.

Sorry to hear about the toe mishap – hope it wasn’t broken. And great score finding a car before you left. Whoohoo! Okay, off to your TR :cool1: