PDA

View Full Version : The Bad Mothers are back!!!

wilma-bride
11-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Well, we are home and, judging by the fact that Nat is posting like mad, I assume the Longstaffs are aswell.

We had an absolutely FANTASTIC time - loads of highs and very, very few lows. I'm sure Nat has her own list of the 'goods' and 'bads' but I thought I'd post some of ours.

HIGHS

The Disney cruise - absolutely amazing time and a great way to wind down for a few days
The weather - with the exception of yesterday, we had gorgeous weather
T-Rex - we went there not expecting much and ended up having two great meals there
Meeting loads of great DISers from our cruise thread - it was lovely to meet up with them finally and we loved running into our new friends all over the ship

Without a doubt, the biggest high of the holiday overall was spending our last night in a Bay Lake Tower Grand Villa with Magic Kingdom view. It was absolutely amazing and something which will stay with me always - I'm so pleased we were able to share such a fantastic experience with our best friends :hug:

LOWS

There really weren't many of these and, for us, most of them happened in the last 24 hours:

The disorganisation of the whole check-in process for our return flight
Breaking down on the way home (more about that in the trippy - needless to say, though, it was not MY fault ;))
Missing out on riding Rip Ride Rockit - we were right at the front of the line when the stupid thing broke down and we just didn't get the time to go back again

As I said we had a fantastic time and I promise I will make a start on the trippy just as soon as I've made a start on the washing and waded through the mammoth pile of mail that was waiting for us when we got home.

mandymouse
11-03-2009, 10:38 AM
:wave: Welcome home girls, it sounds like you've had a great time, I can't wait to read all about it ::yes::

Netty
11-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Wow that went quick, only seems like yesterday that you left!
glad you had a great time, cant wait to hear more about the cruise, as i'm still toying with the idea of going on one..:)

tony64
11-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Welcome home. :grouphug: we missed you.

Dimplenose
11-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Welcome home. I'm glad you had a great time. You only seem to have been gone for 5 minutes. I'm looking forward to reading your reports.

jjk
11-03-2009, 11:08 AM
welcome home, im really looking forward to reading all about your trip :goodvibes

disney_princess_85
11-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Welcome home!

RE: Rip Ride Rockit- you didn't miss much. ;)

craigs bride
11-03-2009, 11:18 AM
glad you had a great time cant wait to read about it.

scottish mum
11-03-2009, 11:24 AM
welcome home, looking forward to the trip report

Pinky166
11-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Welcome home, I look forward to reading your trippie. :thumbsup2

thelittlemermaid83
11-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Welcome back ladies, look forward to hearin all about your trip :)

PoppyAnna
11-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Welcome back BM's......sounds like you had a ball, can't wait to hear more details ::yes::

CustardTart
11-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Finally!!! :thumbsup2 I thought the Bad Mothers were never coming back!!! :sad2: Look forward to hearing all about it, ladies!!! :goodvibes

Jets fan
11-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Welcome home, glad you had a fab time and am looking forward to your trip report. It's strange, as we've never met but I found myself wondering a couple of times in the last couple of weeks what you would all be doing and hoping that you were having a great time. The power of the DiS Boards!

Really looking forward to your trippie:thumbsup2

Tina

joolz1910
11-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Welcome home!:goodvibes Can't wait to read all about your trip!

Chilly
11-03-2009, 02:07 PM
its not been the same without you both

darthtatty
11-03-2009, 02:56 PM
yay welcome back :cool1:

glad you had a fab time, cant wait to hear all about it.
Its been very quiet without you both here.xx:goodvibes

Ware Bears
11-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Welcome back :wave2:

natalielongstaff
11-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Hi all :)

im struggling to stay awake here so i will be brief ! like joh said there were more highs than lows on this trip for sure

Highs ( for me )

many 1st rides....ive recently overcome my fear of coasters :cool1:

AKL Kidani village was a lovely resort and i was so pleased we were able to stay there.

Bay Lake Tower, WOW !!! what a lovely surprise ( i had no idea Joh had booked a grand villa and i cried when i 1st saw it it was truly a fantastic way to round off the trip

My 1st disney cruise, Awsome :)

Sharing the trip with my best friend :thumbsup2

Lows ( for me )

Missing out on Rip ride rockit when we were so close to the front of the line

Virgin, very poor service on both journeys !!

Coming home ;)

Verity Chambers
11-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Welcome home to both of you, glad that you had a fab trip> x

jockey
11-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Welcome home guys, can't wait for your trippies!!

dolphingirl47
11-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Welcome home. I really missed you guys. Can't wait to read what you made of the cruise.

Corinna

Tink2312
11-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Welcome home both of you! Sounds like you had a fantastic trip - can't wait to read the full TR!! :thumbsup2

Latte Lover
11-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Welcome home, both of you. :hug: So pleased you had such a fab time. We missed you! Can't wait to hear all about it. Forget about the washing - get on with the trip report!

Tinks1984
11-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Welcome home girlies! Sounds from your brief reports that you've had a fantastic time! :thumbsup2

florida sun
11-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Welcome home girls, so glad you had a great time and cant wait to read all about it:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

suzycute
11-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Really looking forward to reading trip reports from both of you! :thumbsup2

TinkTatoo
11-04-2009, 02:43 AM
Welcome home girls, sounds like you had a fantastic trip and I can't wait to read the trippie and see some photo's of the cruise and of that BLT grand villa (I kept wondering what you'd think of it every time we passed BLT on the monorail)

Hope the jet lag is not too much of a killer - I had to be dragged out of bed this morning and don't know if I'm coming or going (much like a normal day then :rotfl: ) I dread to think what I've put in the kids lunches for school :surfweb:

great to meet you both
xx

natalielongstaff
11-04-2009, 02:47 AM
Welcome home girls, sounds like you had a fantastic trip and I can't wait to read the trippie and see some photo's of the cruise and of that BLT grand villa (I kept wondering what you'd think of it every time we passed BLT on the monorail)

Hope the jet lag is not too much of a killer - I had to be dragged out of bed this morning and don't know if I'm coming or going (much like a normal day then :rotfl: ) I dread to think what I've put in the kids lunches for school :surfweb:

great to meet you both
xx

Great to meet you as well Jakki :hug: BLT was the best surprise i have ever had !!

Muscateer
11-04-2009, 03:41 AM
Being a newbie when I seen the title of the thread, I thought mmm better look further into this so read your pre trip report and now up to speed.

So nice that the two of you have become so friendly and sounds like you had a blast.

Will be tuning into the trip report.popcorn::

tennisfan
11-04-2009, 05:21 AM
Welcome back ladies. I look forward to reading about your trip:goodvibes

jns
11-04-2009, 05:40 AM
you are both welcome back , not what you want to hear

Think you are home long enough now

WHERES THE TRIP REPORTS !!!!!!!!!

wideeyes
11-04-2009, 06:40 AM
glad you all had a great time.:goodvibes looking forward to the trip report.

Pegasus928
11-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Welcome back and pleased you had a good trip.

I would say 2 of my lows from our trip were

1. HRRR - big disappointment after waiting an hour to ride. I promise you you didn't miss much, though I know that will be little consolation.
2. Not meeting up with you guys at MNSSHP. I knew we were there at the same time - and I kept my eyes open - but it just wasn't to be it would seem.

Can't wait to read the trippies and see loads of pics

natalielongstaff
11-04-2009, 07:04 AM
2. Not meeting up with you giys at MNSSHP. I knew we were there at the same time - and hkept my eyes open - but it just wasn't to be it would seem.

we looked for you as well :sad2: maybe next time !

Tammy Stringer
11-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Glad to hear you all had a wonderful trip.

Can't wait to read all about it and your impressions of all the things you did

Tammy

wilma-bride
11-04-2009, 09:23 AM
2. Not meeting up with you giys at MNSSHP. I knew we were there at the same time - and hkept my eyes open - but it just wasn't to be it would seem.

Kenny, when you see what I was wearing you will wonder how you ever missed me - I didn't exactly blend into the background :rotfl: We were keeping an eye out for you (well, for Dizzy Bear) too.

TotallyAngelic
11-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Welcome home ladies! Can't wait to read all about your adventures in your trip reports ..... sounds as thought you had an amazing time! Look forward to your thoughts on you first Disney cruise!

wilma-bride
11-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Kenny, when you see what I was wearing you will wonder how you ever missed me - I didn't exactly blend into the background :rotfl: We were keeping an eye out for you (well, for Dizzy Bear) too.

OMG Kenny, just looked at your trip report and realised that we DID see you - you and your DW walked past us while the kids were on Goofy's Barnstormer and we even commented on how good your costumes were - but we didn't realise it was you. Nat and I are just discussing it and we are gutted that we didn't know it was you :sad2:

Pegasus928
11-04-2009, 05:01 PM
OMG Kenny, just looked at your trip report and realised that we DID see you - you and your DW walked past us while the kids were on Goofy's Barnstormer and we even commented on how good your costumes were - but we didn't realise it was you. Nat and I are just discussing it and we are gutted that we didn't know it was you :sad2:

Where we sat on a bench outside Minnies house by any chance. We were around that area waiting for Sis and Grandma.

Such a shame that we didn't meet. I even took my LGMH and attached it to my treat bag just in case anyone saw it ;)

dizneeat
11-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Welcome back Joh and Natalie! I cannot wait to read your report!!

By the way Joh, do you need any more Leibnitz? :goodvibes