PDA

View Full Version : Itinerary

eeyorefanuk
11-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Hello, well this is our first thoughts of our intinerary, have tried to take people's thoughts and advices as much as possible ...... would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions :-

Sunday - Arrive - nothing planned.
Monday - Magic Kingdom
Tuesday - Epcot
Wednesday - Blizzard Beach
Thursday - Animal Kingdom
Friday - Universal Studios
Saturday - Busch Gardens
Sunday - Discovery Cove
Monday - Sea World
Tuesday - Hollywood Studios
Wednesday - Aquatica
Thursday - Universal Islands of Adventure
Friday - Magic Kingdom
Saturday - Typhoon Lagoon
Sunday - Animal Kingdom
Monday - Busch Gardens
Tuesday - Universal Studios/Universal Islands of Adventure
Wednesday - Wet n Wild
Thursday - Sea World
Friday - Epcot/Hollywood Studios
Saturday - Last full day - go back to one of above.

We have tried to do a few days of "walking" then a day of "resting" , e.g. water parks ..... We have said that if we need to go back to the pool for few hours during the hottest part of the day when at disney parks we can do.

Any thoughts would be appreciated ..... next step fitting the restaurants we want into the days above :goodvibes

dc1964
11-02-2009, 01:04 PM
looks good, i would possibly knock the second seaworld off and have a rest day, just to relax. I thgink seaworld can be done in one day, you could always re visit if you are feeling energetic in an evening or on the morning of your last day.

strawberry blonde
11-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Where are the shopping days? You need to hit the malls. We usually count them as a 'rest' day.

You'll certainly be busy. :)

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
11-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Looks great to me! As someone else said though, I would probably ditch a Seaworld day (I would also ditch Busch Gardens as well personally, as its a poor cross between AK and IoA to me!) and add in some shopping / mini golf days!

disneycat_f2008
11-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Looks like a busy 3 weeks, you might find that if you do a few of the parks a bit qicker you could have a few more rest days

Elise79
11-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Unlike others I would keep the second Seaworld day as the timing of the shows can make it difficult to do in one day. I would probably do half days then visit the outlets on the way home :goodvibes

Trixster
11-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Unlike one of the PPs, I would keep Busch Gardens especially if you like roller coasters.

Seems like you are going at the end of July/August from your ticker (I could be wrong) and I would be concerned about the heat and the quantity of very active days you have. Three weeks and no major scheduled breaks in that heat will be very hard - great though if there are no kids to drag round in the heat.

Sounds like my ideal schedule but my DW would be horrified as she wants to do the malls on some days.

eeyorefanuk
11-02-2009, 02:59 PM
WOW thank you everyone for your quick responses :hug:

We do have two children going (14 & 12) and six adults and yes we are going unfortunately in August (not through choice).

We thought (my sister and I when we worked on the itinerary) that like you said we would put in what we want to do on a certain day but then if we are tired or the heat is getting to us we can leave and just laze by the pool or nip to the mall. That is why we have put in two days for most. The main reason really we are doing an itinerary is because of the free dining plan.

I did forget mini golf, that is one thing my nephew would want to do - where is the best one???

At the moment the children do not know they are going to Orlando.

Thanks again everyone for their input, any other thoughts very much welcome :goodvibes

popsynic
11-02-2009, 05:46 PM
I think you need more rest days - or some split days, as doing full days in just one park can feel really exahausting - especialy in August.

such as

AM - Typhoon Lagoon - 9am to 12pm
PM - Back To Resort for afternoon
EVE - A show or parade in one of the parks 5pm - 9pm

Can't stress how hard going it can get in that heat and humidity

We find that if we do a rope drop one day, then we do an afternoon start the following day. Also I find that if you go at morning then by 2pm it can all just become too uncomfortable, sweaty and humid - and all we want to do is jump in a pool and rest up before a nice dinner.

Personal opinion thats all, and some people will disagree - but we find that a rest day or easier no park touring day (such as pool and leisurely shopping for example, or half day water park and a parade or show night) is needed every third or fourth day.

Finally, the biggest under estimation we made was how long it takes to just move around and do things - even with a plan

A simple plan to hit a park and do just three or four attracations, can believe it or not suddeny swallow up several hours - especialy with larger parties.

mollies_mum
11-03-2009, 11:15 AM
I agree with popynic, split days worked out great for us in September. We loved having an afternoon swim, shower and then back to the magic for the evening. Personally I loved the contrast of day and night visits and of course it is cooler in the evenings as well :goodvibes

stephensmum
11-03-2009, 01:45 PM
There is mini golf at blizzard beach called Winterland Summerland that you could combine with a waterpark day. Also one near Swan & Dolphin, we prefer this one and usually go to HS, then take a boat to Swan to play mini golf then walk or re pick up the boat to Epcot. I have heard there's good one on I Drive but I've only done the Disney one's.

eeyorefanuk
11-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Thank you, have you any idea of the prices approximately?

VailaTigger
11-04-2009, 06:33 AM
Will you have a car?

If so, how about doing something completely different like the Boggy Creek Airboats? That could be combined with something else on a "rest" day.

Other than that, it looks like a great plan. I do agree with the others though, you're gonna come home exhausted if you don't plan more rest time.

:thumbsup2