PDA

View Full Version : Booked RPR for August

wayneg
11-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Something I have never done before, booked a hotel before flights but didn't want to miss the price error. Thanks to scottishgirl87 :goodvibes for posting. $152.29/night intead of $262.33 ($236.10 Annual pass rate)
Can cancel for full refund(1 night deposit) if a better rate appears.:thumbsup2
Didn't know which to go for, just spent about an hour looking at Royal Pacific or Portofino Bay, neither of us liked look of Hard Rock. Portofino was only about $30/night more but we liked look of Royal Pacific more so went for that, smaller room but not bothered about that, won't be in it much.
1st time at Universal hotel, after lines this August we said we would have a few nights onsite next year for front of line access, it will no doubt be even worse with Harry Potter land.
Royal Pacific August 5th-8th

burt
11-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Great News Wayne, We did a week there this year and loved it, Fab hotel and the front of line is brilliant:thumbsup2

wayneg
11-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Great News Wayne, We did a week there this year and loved it, Fab hotel and the front of line is brilliant:thumbsup2

Wasn't sure which you stayed in Mart, was going to PM and ask you but wanted to get it booked.

burt
11-01-2009, 02:48 PM
We had a great deal last year through netflights, club level 5 of us 70 per night absolute bargain, but if we go back next year wouldnt hesitate in paying the normal price for it - as i said a great hotel, good food options, fab pool and front of line. Get those air canade buisness class booked now mate, heathrows not that far and if you want to drive halfway the night before we can put you up for the night no probs (as long as we are not in florida lol!!)

oceanscape
11-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Wow! How do you get this deal or have they corrected it now?

wayneg
11-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Been from Heathrow twice, it is always there as a last resort but really prefer Manchester. Not bad at all going(unless you miss the flight as we once did from Heathrow) its coming home, almost fell asleep at the wheel last time. Taxi to Man is far easier.
If time was running out I would book it but too early yet.

wayneg
11-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Wow! How do you get this deal or have they corrected it now?

Still available. Its an offer to book 7 nights for price of 4 but the glitch lets you book any amount of nights at the discounted rate.:thumbsup2
http://www.universalorlando.co.uk/hotels.html

oceanscape
11-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Still available. Its an offer to book 7 nights for price of 4 but the glitch lets you book any amount of nights at the discounted rate.:thumbsup2
http://www.universalorlando.co.uk/hotels.html
:thumbsup2 Thank you so much!!

I've now got SSR with free dining and 42% off booked plus HRH with this awesome discount! Just need those August flights now......if you find any bargains Wayne please let me know! :goodvibes

Thanks again to you and scottishgirl87 for sharing this! :worship: :yay:

scottishgirl87
11-01-2009, 03:16 PM
I have to credit The Dibb for finding this! It wasn't me!!

I'm a bit gutted to see everyone taking advantage of this deal and not me!! Glad to see some people getting to though :) Although I actually want to book the 7 nights at RPR or HRH but don't know if we can justify 730 on it! Is definitely a fantastic rate, but we still have to find accommodation for our other week as well!

binkytell
11-01-2009, 03:27 PM
thanx guys, just booked 2 nights for 30/31 july before our stay
at saratoga, great deal, we were looking to stay here anyway but couldnt justify the price, im so soooo happy:cool1:

jmagla
11-01-2009, 03:31 PM
They have just removed it, just as I had a price and was about to book :-(

howlongtillsummer?
11-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Isn't great how people help each other out on here, for no personal gain? Great to read! :goodvibes

scottishgirl87
11-01-2009, 03:36 PM

Still working for me?? Even on 4 days rather than 7 :confused3 What site are you using?

oceanscape
11-01-2009, 03:37 PM
I just tried it and it's still working fine!! :confused3

binkytell
11-01-2009, 03:39 PM
its definately still there just booked another room for my sister:goodvibes

oceanscape
11-01-2009, 03:45 PM
its definately still there just booked another room for my sister:goodvibes
yep, definitely still there - I just booked another room for a friend! :lmao: :yay:

jmagla
11-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Hmm, tried a few more times, the first couple all dates after March were grayed out, third time all dates were available, booked 5 nights in August at the Hard Rock, $160 per night including tax!!, a fantastic price.

We have stayed at the Hard Rock and RPR before, they are both excellent.

Thanks to Scottishgirl87 and Wayneg for posting, a real bargain!! :yay::yay:

Now Wayne all you need to do is sort my flights out :rotfl2:

CustardTart
11-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Brilliant link!!! Thank you, guys!!! :worship:

Just booked 6 nights at RPR in a suite for December 2010. Had intended to go there for NYE but this offer was just too good to ignore. :goodvibes Will stay onsite at the end rather than the start of the trip... Anyway, it's all good and I can't thank you enough... :thumbsup2

Cyrano
11-01-2009, 05:15 PM
With thanks to scottishgirl87 and Wayne also. I have just booked 2nights in July at Hard Rock Hotel.
We loved it this year for our honeymoon, so it will be nice to go back for our anniversary :goodvibes

wayneg
11-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Oh how I love people getting prices they are happy with.
Now just need some flight deals/offers/errors.:goodvibes

Cyrano
11-01-2009, 06:21 PM
I just need a great deal on USF tickets and this is another surprise we will keep for the troops :goodvibes That is unless they read this :headache::rolleyes1

1andrea
11-01-2009, 07:00 PM
I have just booked 2 nights in Hard Rock Hotel in June for $410 it is usually around the $700 mark including taxes!
whoooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
Thanks for posting!

DISWolves
11-02-2009, 04:25 AM
I had already booked Fairfield Inn - Marriott village @ 53/night for 2 nights in Aug, before the DDP starts,
I checked availability this morning, after receiving a PM from Wayne, to find the online reservations not working :scared1:
After 3 or 4 tries I struck gold :rolleyes1..... so it looks like I may be neighbours for a few days with my Yorkshire travel agent! :rotfl:
Fortunately, when booking the Fairfield, for an extra 6.50, I took out the cancellation insurance, to get a full refund :thumbsup2

disney_princess_85
11-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Great find Wayne, thanks for sharing! I've stayed at both RPR and HRH and I have to say I preferred RPR. I'm not the greatest fan of Universal but DBF is, so I might be nice and book us one night there again for next year!! :rotfl:

irenep
11-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Excellent tip! - I just booked 1 night at HRH for next July :goodvibes
None of us are that fond of Universal but I know the kids will want to see HP land- so 1 night and FOTL passes will be perfect:thumbsup2

JohnnySharp2
11-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Good news indeed, following all this advice I have completely ignored it all ;) but....we have booked flights for 22nd August for 16 nights with MajorTravel , accomodation not yet sorted.

HRH looks fab for me but not Julie and Joshua's thing I suspect.

stephensmum
11-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Something I have never done before, booked a hotel before flights but didn't want to miss the price error. Thanks to scottishgirl87 :goodvibes for posting. $152.29/night intead of $262.33 ($236.10 Annual pass rate)
Can cancel for full refund(1 night deposit) if a better rate appears.:thumbsup2
Didn't know which to go for, just spent about an hour looking at Royal Pacific or Portofino Bay, neither of us liked look of Hard Rock. Portofino was only about $30/night more but we liked look of Royal Pacific more so went for that, smaller room but not bothered about that, won't be in it much.
1st time at Universal hotel, after lines this August we said we would have a few nights onsite next year for front of line access, it will no doubt be even worse with Harry Potter land.
Royal Pacific August 5th-8th
Hi Wayne, Have you booked at the start of your hol or are you going to go during your OKW/SSR stay? We just booked RPR for the 1 night last year & just took an overnight bag. I suppose it works out a bit if an expense though for 3 nights. Love RPR stayed there twice now (just for 1 night) always say we'l stay for longer next time but we are very much Disney onsite people. Very tempted to book this though but would prefer in middle of holiday & to have flights.

wayneg
11-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Hi Wayne, Have you booked at the start of your hol or are you going to go during your OKW/SSR stay? We just booked RPR for the 1 night last year & just took an overnight bag. I suppose it works out a bit if an expense though for 3 nights. Love RPR stayed there twice now (just for 1 night) always say we'l stay for longer next time but we are very much Disney onsite people. Very tempted to book this though but would prefer in middle of holiday & to have flights.

Hi Sharon.
Hoping to get flights 4th-29th, this would work out 1st night at somewhere like Fairfield Inn or Country Inn etc. 3 nights RPR then 21 nights either OKW or SSR. If we get flight out on the 5th will then go straight to RPR. If return flight is before the 29th we can cut nights at Disney.

If you like the offer and it doesn't fit into your final plans you can cancel for full refund.

stephensmum
11-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks Wayne, I'm tempted but really unsure of the dates as it stands Norman can only get 3 weeks off (incl bank hol) I know the prices are usually cheaper Mon -Thurs so prob looking at Mon 16/8 - Thurs 2/9 but have seen some flights to be cheaper on Sat 14/8 giving us an extra couple of days in Disney & not taking any extra hols. Last year the AP saved us an $100 (incl tax) for the one night. How did you get the AP rate up it says promotion unavavailable when I try?

wayneg
11-02-2009, 09:36 AM
How did you get the AP rate up it says promotion unavavailable when I try?

Without looking I think there were 2 drop boxes, 1 I changed to something like promo and other I typed in APH.

stephensmum
11-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Without looking I think there were 2 drop boxes, 1 I changed to something like promo and other I typed in APH.
Thanks - I put APP, so I'l try again.

stephensmum
11-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks - I put APP, so I'l try again.
Just tried it & ap rate is $197 + tax, last year it was $129 + tax. The standard rate is still the same at $219. Looks like i better make some decisions, quickly.

wayneg
11-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Just tried it & ap rate is $197 + tax, last year it was $129 + tax. The standard rate is still the same at $219. Looks like i better make some decisions, quickly.

I would expect the AP rate to come down nearer the time, they usually do. I will check every few weeks and re-book if any better rates appear.

WiganTony
11-02-2009, 09:56 AM
We've also booked following the tipoff - 4 nights at the beginning of our holiday (end July/early August), then a week at OKW at the reduced rate and free DDP - just need somewhere for our final week.

scottishgirl87
11-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Does anyone know when the actual 7 for 4 offer finishes??

I may be able to get RPR for a week, depending on our budget, as I could sacrifice on our hotel the other week! But it depends when this offer finishes.

tinks86
11-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Does anyone know how much they charge if you need to move the dates you book? I know disney usually charge 25 - anyone know if universal are the same?

pixiepower04
11-02-2009, 01:15 PM
I can only get HRH & Portofino on this offer for my September dates, really wanted RPR :confused3

wayneg
11-02-2009, 01:28 PM
I can only get HRH & Portofino on this offer for my September dates, really wanted RPR :confused3

What dates? just tried a few in Sept and there was availability

pixiepower04
11-02-2009, 01:41 PM
What dates? just tried a few in Sept and there was availability

Hi Wayne,

19th September for 7 nights.

Thanks

scottishgirl87
11-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Hi Wayne,

Thanks

The price I get for 7 nights, although in May is around 730 for the week! Spoke to someone on The Dibb as well who has booked for July and it's the same rate for them too :)

Oh yeah when I search 19th September it says PROMOTION NOT AVAILABLE :confused3

Nero39
11-02-2009, 01:50 PM
:thumbsup2 Thanks for this post. I've just booked one night for August at RPH :banana::banana:

Scrap_Vamp
11-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks for this - we've just booked two nights at HRH, August 22nd-24th for just over $300!

This is to follow the one week we're having at POFQ on a bounceback offer - regular dining plan included plus one day base ticket for $1366.

Now we just need to get 5 nights at a reasonable but cheap hotel for the end of the holiday.

Oh, and we still need flights too :rotfl:

GarryK
11-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Got to love this one ! I just jumped on the bandwagon and managed to get 2 rooms at HRH for one night in July for $420 (incl taxes).

Previous booking with Dreams Unlimited was $614 for the night for 2 rooms so that's a saving of nearly $200 !! Just need to cancel the other booking now.

Garry

barrysprot36
11-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks for this - we've just booked two nights at HRH, August 22nd-24th for just over $300!

This is to follow the one week we're having at POFQ on a bounceback offer - regular dining plan included plus one day base ticket for $1366.

Now we just need to get 5 nights at a reasonable but cheap hotel for the end of the holiday.

Oh, and we still need flights too :rotfl:

I booked the same nights last night at RPR. This follows our 5 nights bounceback the same as yours but at CSR. We've then got 8 nights at BLT.

Caron

wayneg
11-02-2009, 03:53 PM
:thumbsup2 Thanks for this post. I've just booked one night for August at RPH :banana::banana:
Welcome to DISboards:thumbsup2
Hi Wayne,

Thanks

Its the nights of 20th thats the problem.:confused3
Ok 19th-20th and Ok 21st-26th

1andrea
11-02-2009, 03:53 PM
I booked late last night and woke up to two booking confirmation emails with the exact same dates but different so it looks like I have a duplicate booking and will have to cancel one when I get around to it.

Has this happened to anyone else?

pixiepower04
11-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Just booked HRH on the 7 for 4 promo for next September.

Even though I wanted RPR we decided it would be better to try something else than always wonder, the same as WDW, we're saying for 2 weeks at OKW with free dining instead of CBR straight after HRH.

Roll on next year!

Scrap_Vamp
11-02-2009, 04:06 PM
I booked the same nights last night at RPR. This follows our 5 nights bounceback the same as yours but at CSR. We've then got 8 nights at BLT.

Caron

:thumbsup2 Maybe we'll see you around!

CustardTart
11-02-2009, 04:09 PM
OMG I can't leave that link alone!!! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: I've now booked another room in case my big kids can join us for the trip... I just cannot believe we are able to book Christmas dates... :santa:

jmagla
11-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Looks like they have finally cottoned on, the rate for my dates (28th Aug - 2nd Sept 2010) has gone up from $141 to $248 (plus taxes etc), it stays at that rate even if you try 7 nights. What a bargain!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

wayneg
11-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Looks like they have finally cottoned on, the rate for my dates (28th Aug - 2nd Sept 2010) has gone up from $141 to $248 (plus taxes etc), it stays at that rate even if you try 7 nights. What a bargain!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Offer/error closed on Friday. If they honour our 3 day reservation we have paid $513.99, now $901.14

jmagla
11-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Wayne, I presume if they have confirmed our booking and taken the deposit, then they will honour our reservations, I would have thought they would have emailed us by now if they were going to cancel.

We dont want to turn up in August and get a nsasty surprise :eek::scared1: thats for sure!!

wayneg
11-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Wayne, I presume if they have confirmed our booking and taken the deposit, then they will honour our reservations, I would have thought they would have emailed us by now if they were going to cancel.

We dont want to turn up in August and get a nsasty surprise :eek::scared1: thats for sure!!

There is hardly a year goes by without me booking at least one website error, This year was the best with the Biz class flights for economy price and a tower room at Regal Sun resort for 25/night. Every error/offer/misprice has been honoured but I have never dealt with Loews hotels.
I think they will be more than happy with the rate they are getting, I am sure they have taken a lot of bookings thru the error(if it was, I sometimes wonder if things like this are a publicity stunt) Its not as if they are only getting 10/night or something silly, they do sell rooms at these rates with various discounts.
They have more than enough time to correct the mistake now. I can just imagine the scene now if I turn up and they try to charge me more after they have had about 9 month to contact me about it.
There are many going before us so I will see how they get on but if we don;t hear anything in the next few days I am sure all will be well.
I am sure many have booked that wouldn't normally, we were planning on staying 1 night next year, 2 nights if I got a good AP rate, with this offer they have got 3 nights out of me.

rpbert1
11-08-2009, 02:15 PM
I wouldnt bet on them honouring your reservation unless you booked a 7 day stay, as Loews are usually quite strict about promotions,and usually want id if you booked AAA or AP,you should read their T&Cs. although i hope they do for everyone that has booked. Dont think they will send emails out to people that has booked less than 7 nights.

1andrea
11-08-2009, 02:24 PM
I wouldnt bet on them honouring your reservation unless you booked a 7 day stay, as Loews are usually quite strict about promotions,and usually want id if you booked AAA or AP,you should read their T&Cs. although i hope they do for everyone that has booked. Dont think they will send emails out to people that has booked less than 7 nights.

This wasnt an AP or AAA rate you just out in your dates and it came up with the price you didn't have to specify an offer so if I had not have known about the 'glitch' the same price would have come up, I have already received my booking/confirmation email.

jmagla
11-08-2009, 02:28 PM
We have stayed twice at the resort, once at the Hard Rock and once at the RPR, both on AAA rates and wasn't asked for ID either time. My experience is that their customer service is very good and they listen to the customers if you have an issue.

I personally, would be very surprised if they didn't honour it. If they have confirmed the price by email and also taken a deposit (in my case for 11 months ahead) then I would think there was some kind of contract. I could understand if they contacted customers to say there had been a mistake and to cancel the booking, but not at the time of commencing the stay, it would cause too much aggro, which they wouldnt want..hope I am not wrong anyway :)

rpbert1
11-08-2009, 02:31 PM
yes it was a 7/4 ie book 7 nights pay for 4, but the site had not been set up properly so single nights where coming up at what the rate would have been if you booked 7 nights. their T & Cs mention website probs. Have been staying at loews for sometime now, and they can and are strict on deals offered

wayneg
11-08-2009, 02:36 PM
usually want id if you booked AAA or AP,you should read their T&Cs.

Wanting proof of AAA or AP is different to a mistake on their part on the website . Very few people would book these rates and risk not getting asked.
An error on their site is totally upto them if they want to accept it, notifying the customer about a mistake and correct rate within a week or so of them realizing is acceptable, waiting until check in 9 months down the line is not, they also would not want he hassle of people checking in and being told their rate is going up by xx%. Not good for anyone.
Read T&C. standardd terms for hotel bookings, Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of Loews. They totally have the right to change it but very bad business not correcting it now.

wicket2005
11-11-2009, 04:33 AM
Both the Hard Rock and Royal Pacific Resort are beautiful hotels, we stay at one or the other for our holidays each year. Never fancied Portofino Bay as it is just that bit further away to walk to.

If you book with an AP rate we have been asked to show our card before.

I am wondering if HP Land will have FOTL as I know the new RRR coaster at Universal didn't, don't know if they have opened the FOTL yet for it.

These hotels are so relaxing to stay in and being able to get on rides quickly even during peak times is a massive perk. It means you don't have to rush to the park to get there before it opens, being able to get on all the water rides in the July heat again and again and again to cool down, whilst others are in an hour+ line is great.

oceanscape
11-11-2009, 05:11 AM
I wouldnt bet on them honouring your reservation unless you booked a 7 day stay
My friend called up because she was worried and they said it's no problem at all - all the reservations will be honoured, even if not for 7 day stays. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

jmagla
11-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Thats good to hear, roll on August and a few days at the Hard Rock.

pancras
11-11-2009, 07:34 PM
I managed to get this deal :rotfl:. However my credit card charged it at a rubbish rate.:rolleyes1 Still better then what Loews wanted.:woohoo: I'll be there at RPR May 5th for two nights.

wayneg
11-12-2009, 03:41 AM
I managed to get this deal :rotfl:. However my credit card charged it at a rubbish rate.:rolleyes1 Still better then what Loews wanted.:woohoo: I'll be there at RPR May 5th for two nights.

Which credit card you got?
If you are going to use it a lot for foreign transactions get a fee free card. If we do a cruise we can easily spend in excess of $10,000 a year on my card so its essential to get the best rate.
I use Post office but there are others, they charge nothing and you get full interbank rate, for example I paid for RPR on 1st Nov $171.33 average rate we got $1.6499 converting to 103.84 , if I had used one of my other cards with a 2.95% fee I would have got a rate of 1.60123 converting to 107.00.
3.16 saved on 1 small transaction.

pancras
11-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Which credit card you got?
If you are going to use it a lot for foreign transactions get a fee free card. If we do a cruise we can easily spend in excess of $10,000 a year on my card so its essential to get the best rate.
I use Post office but there are others, they charge nothing and you get full interbank rate, for example I paid for RPR on 1st Nov $171.33 average rate we got $1.6499 converting to 103.84 , if I had used one of my other cards with a 2.95% fee I would have got a rate of 1.60123 converting to 107.00.
3.16 saved on 1 small transaction.

I used a Hilton Card I got the same rate as you, shows how crap my maths is :blush: but paid a 2.86 fee for changing.

wayneg
11-12-2009, 05:59 AM
I used a Hilton Card I got the same rate as you, shows how crap my maths is :blush: but paid a 2.86 fee for changing.

2.86 sounds about right just looked at Hilton card. 2.75% fee. Not so bad for the odd transaction but use a lot and the 1's soon turn into 100's.
You would also have to consider if the Hilton benefits are worth 2.75% off everything you spend. I have a Virgin card to gain miles but I prefer better rates of PO than miles I might not use.