PDA

View Full Version : Just watched planning dvd and have a question

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-01-2009, 12:30 PM
The DVD was very cheesy but good anyway !

My question is about older children going on a ride which a younger one doesnt want to go on. Can i just check I have this right please. We ask at the entrance of the ride for some sort of card , then my daughter can queue up with my husband and go on the ride.

I go off with my son and meet them afterwards. Then they give me this card and I can go on the ride without queueing-can she come on again or do I have to go on my own.:confused3

Have I got that right ? Never heard of this before but it sounds great. Thanks.

DISWolves
11-01-2009, 12:58 PM
This is called a child swap, usually you go into the regular line, then the adult who isn't riding, goes into a 'holding area'where you change places with the adult when they return from riding the ride. Hope the makes sense

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks, this looked different though. It did look like you could just go off elsewhere in the park and come back when they had finished, I will have to try and find the right place and watch it again !

Elise79
11-01-2009, 02:45 PM
What you are refering to is Rider Switch.

This is for parents who have children that are too small to ride a ride. If you have child who does not meet the height requirements you go the CM at the ride entrance and they give you a fastpass type card that is good for up to 3 people. The first parent rides while the second waits with the younger child once they are back the second person with the pass proceeds to the fastpass entrance and rides with only a short wait.

CM's will need to see the under height child to issue the pass.

buzz for boys
11-01-2009, 02:50 PM
We have done rider switch when my ds with special needs doesnt want to ride and we do wander off until we get the call to say they have finished !!!
I cant actually remember a time at disney where we had to sit in the room,
At universal they do it slightly different and the whole family has to queue then you sit in a room while the othrs ride and then swap from the room !!!
Guess it depends on the ride also.