View Full Version : Possible British Airways Strikes

10-31-2009, 07:32 AM
Is anybody else getting worried about these yet?

I've got a Disneyland California trip that's been booked for ages between 11th - 19th December and I'm due to fly with BA.

Needless to say, I'm paying very close attention to the news lately and keeping everything crossed that they don't strike on the days that I'm meant to be flying.

Luckily, I managed to sort out some travel insurance in the week with a company who cover you for strikes if they weren't common knowledge when you booked. I can't remember when I booked now, but it definitely wasn't common knowledge back then, so hopefully I'll at least be able to claim back some of the costs.

12-11-2009, 07:53 AM
hi, we're supposed to be flying to Spain on the 20th with BA
I've been listening out for news on the BA situation and this is what I have heard (note I say 'heard' online, may not be fact! :surfweb:)

They vote on the 14th on whether to strike or not

If they decide to vote they have to give 7 days notice therefore the earliest strike could be the 21st

A heard from a poster on another forum that if they strike it is still their responsibility to get you there :wizard: (obviously we want to go on the dates we booked, at the time we booked for, but I'll settle for getting there anytime within 24 hours I suppose, as long as I get some sun when I get there!:cool2:)

But who knows :confused3 we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed
BTW, I don't care if I can't get back, I just want to get there :thumbsup2

Re insurance, my policy may or may not cover for a strike because of that horrible, ambiguous wording about things 'beyond their control'!

12-11-2009, 07:54 AM
oh, I'm blushing, I just re-read your post and noticed your UK departure date. I assume you are already on your way! Great that a strike hasn't affected you! :banana: