PDA

View Full Version : What to wear in restaurants

eeyorefanuk
10-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Will most of the restaurants allow you to wear for example a pair of shorts and a top for dinner?

Can you tell me the restaurants you think will want you to dress up a bit more.

Obi Wan Kenobi
10-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Shoes and shirts

strawberry blonde
10-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Shoes and shirts
Might put people off their dinners.:rotfl: Might be a bit chilly with no bottoms. :eek:

orangetiggs
10-30-2009, 11:14 AM
its only really the signiture ones that have a dress code but all info can be found on the disney restaurant page

rpbert1
10-30-2009, 11:18 AM
my DW alw takes a cardigan , as it can be quite chilly in some of them

wayneg
10-30-2009, 11:23 AM
After doing 5 Disney cruises I have learned Americans tend to be more informal for dining. Some dress up but just wear what you are comfortable in. I was shocked to see at least 2 men in shorts at Cali Grill when we ate there in August. Doesn't bother me what anyone wears but not what I expected there.

disneyholic family
10-30-2009, 12:57 PM
the only true dining code restaurant, is victoria and alberts at the grand floridian...
there men are expected to wear jackets...

as for the signature restaurants, resort casual is sufficient - khakis and polo shirt...
although i have seen people in shorts and t shirts who weren't turned away at the cali grill (i too was shocked)..

only at victoria and alberts do they really have a dress code....

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
10-30-2009, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't ever wear shorts for dinner, I just wouldn't feel right. I always change into a (casual) skirt or dress - that's just me though, you see plenty of people wearing shorts, so whatever you're comfy in. All the signature restaurants you are supposed to be a little smarter! And as someone else said take a cardy - after 10 minutes in that aircon I always think I am back in Lapland!!!!!

1andrea
10-30-2009, 05:47 PM
We always wear shorts for dinner, but we haven't done any of the more formal dining as we usually go to more of the Character buffets.