PDA

View Full Version : Butter

DollyXXXX
10-29-2009, 07:49 AM
Is it true that they don't have real butter? That would be impossible to believe with how much the cruise costs!!

clten
10-29-2009, 07:58 AM
They have real butter. But usually at dinner you have to ask for it.

kcashner
10-29-2009, 08:15 AM
What is out is a blend of butter and margarine. If you want real butter, you have to ask for it. I had no problem, but if your server doesn't understand, tell him you want the gold butter. (it's in a gold wrapper)

poohs4me
10-29-2009, 08:29 AM
I thought this was really odd as well and I did not know I could ask for it. I figured it was some new thing. Next time I will definately ask.

Empress Room
10-29-2009, 09:18 AM
Unfortunately, the replacement of real butter (which used to be in interesting shapes or otherwise "fancy" in its presentation) has been replaced in all three dining rooms by a margarine spread found in small plastic tubs. It is unfortunate, and a very relatively new development (economy? waste?)

You can apparently ask for real butter, but unless you do, it is no longer offered as an option.

NancyIL
10-29-2009, 09:43 AM
But hey - the POP is still free! :lmao:

jilljill
10-29-2009, 10:05 AM
On certain nights they also offer spreads for the bread. The only one I remember is an olive spread, a tapenade. I didn't like any of them because I didn't like the main ingredient in each 1.

iloverags2
10-29-2009, 10:08 AM
We just cruised this past weekend on the Wonder. Real butter was brought out each night with dinner.

Rhonda
10-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Last week on the Magic, we had to ask for real butter. They always brought it when we asked -- the little gold foil butters. :)

granmaz
10-29-2009, 05:28 PM
We couldn't believe it when all we saw was that disgusting margarine spread. A cheap and nasty cut back.:sad2: We did ask for butter and the servers had some each night for us. We also asked at Topsiders - at first they went off on a long trek and brought us 8 pats. After that they had some in the fridges behind the buffet.

We were told to ask for 'real' butter.:lmao:

Mickey4me!
10-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Palo's brunch still has real butter. It's cut in triangular wedges and next to the cheeses. Our DD's fiance got some thinking it was cheese and put a big hunk of it on a cracker before we could stop him....;)