View Full Version : A bit bummed

10-28-2009, 01:36 PM
We are booked for a western 7 day cruise in Jan and just checked the dcl site. Looks like they lowered the following week, Eastern, that we really wanted to go on. I emailed my TA and since we are under 75 days (72!!!) we would loose our deposit if we switched. I mean really, they can't make an exception for 3 days! We just booked this cruise and it's not like we want our money back. I just want to move it to the following week. same exact price!

This will be our 3rd western.

OK, done venting.

10-28-2009, 01:54 PM
that stinks. :guilty: Well at least you'll still be on Mickey's Boat!! And just think.... you have to wait 7 days less then everyone on that other cruise. :thumbsup2

Have fun!

10-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Aw heck, sign up for that other cruise as well and do them back to back! Twice the fun, half the travel costs! (At least for us flying down, etc.)

10-28-2009, 03:37 PM
DCL is pretty much a stickler for the rules. You could ask your TA to contact their Disney rep and see if they can do anything.

10-29-2009, 12:24 AM
On the other hand...you're getting exactly what you signed up for. The fact that it might have been cheaper the next week isn't going to negatively impact your enjoyment of YOUR cruise, is it?

10-29-2009, 09:49 AM
I know it can be very frustrating to see something go on sale or the price lowered after you have already paid in full. Luck of the draw. If they make an exception for one, would it be fair to everyone else? Go and have a great cruise and try not to think about it.


10-29-2009, 10:00 AM
The moral of the story is - book the cruise you really want to go on in the first place.