PDA

View Full Version : When worlds collide~the original flats meet in 4D!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

winkers
10-27-2009, 02:41 PM
It all began many moons ago....

Doesn't that sound better than, I'm not quite sure when or how it happened?

Ok, so many moons ago...I guess it was 3 moons...oh wait...how many moons are in a year?? I don't remember learning that one...hmmm....so if theres 12 moons in a year 12X3 =36?

Ok, I think I've got it now.....Many moons ago, 36 to be precise , I took my family on our first trip to WDW. during the plane ride to Florida, I broke my tooth on a cracker that must have been made during the stone age, and recently recovered and passed off as food.

I spent my first 3 days at WDW in severe pain which resulted in my first taxi ride ever (scared the crap out of me) to an angel of a dentist who put me on antibiotics and pain meds.

I then spent the remainder of the trip in a wheelchair because the meds made me very loopy and slightly dizzy. I have a very low tollerance for pain meds so I was on my own little high.

If you're wondering why I needed to explain all of that, I give you exibit A..

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_3145-1.jpg

yep, that's me, high on disneyworld and pain meds.

I even tried to do the same pose the next year, but it's missing that crazy eyed look..

A few months after that trip I started following Jordan's (jordanyosh....if you haven't checked him out you should!!....as soon as you're done here) pre trip report.

I had recently been to my sister's wedding where we made a huge flat of my brother who was in Chile and unable to be there....

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/dani1.jpg

We had a ton of fun poseing with him...including taking him through the carl's jr. drive through.

Somewhere along the way in Jordan's pre tr, I said he should take me with him on his trip and it eventually evolved into me sending him a flat winkers.

Little did I know what a flat craze would spawn from that! it was hysterical, to see all the things Jordan managed to do with flat winky....I believe I was near a gorilla butt and a toilet within the same day.

It was only natural that he send me a flat jordan for my next trip. My kids thought it was the best thing ever. They fought over who's turn it was to pose with fj. He added hours of fun to our vacation.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/disney2/100_5065.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_5021.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_4484.jpg

Looks like Flat Jordy knew something was rotten in Denmark....

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_4435.jpg

After that trip FJ became a rockstar in my family! He's bigger than the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana combined!!:laughing:

Now it's a few moons later and for the first time ever...the flats are meeting in 4D!!!

This meeting of the flats could cause the giant golf ball to fall off it's axis and go rolling into mission space....WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE!

up next....the who, what, when , why and how.

kde175
10-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Count me in!!! Can't wait to hear all about the plans.

reelmom
10-27-2009, 03:38 PM
:banana:WOOHOO:banana:
I'm second on a Winkers Report. Let's get this party started.

praisehisname
10-27-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm here!!! :cool1:

Denise

hlrababy
10-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm here early now!!! :lmao::cutie:

GeminiAngel
10-27-2009, 05:42 PM
This is gonna be fun! :banana:

Jenvenza
10-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Sounds like fun! I am in!

vamassey1
10-27-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm in!!

I can't wait to read this report!

Blueyed Girl
10-27-2009, 06:55 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO IN!!!!:cool1: I'M SO IN THAT I'M GOING TOO!! :woohoo: :lmao:

mrsksomeday
10-27-2009, 06:57 PM
I am in too, this is going to be fantastic!!

Charleston Princess
10-27-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm here! This trip is going to be the stuff of DIS legends! :lmao:

jordanyosh
10-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Phew page 1 at least.:thumbsup2

Underdog369
10-28-2009, 01:04 AM
I'm in too. Well, I'm not only in, I'm along for the ride and experiencing it first hand. I might pipe in occasionally and add my two cents worth.

Hey hon, looks like you got a great following thus far....

All7OfUs
10-28-2009, 06:12 AM
Oh, this ought to be some kind of fun! Here we go!

glennbo123
10-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Ooooweee, I'm in! Yeah!

:woohoo:

winkers
10-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Count me in!!! Can't wait to hear all about the plans.

:banana:WOOHOO:banana:
I'm second on a Winkers Report. Let's get this party started.

I'm here!!! :cool1:

Denise

I'm here early now!!! :lmao::cutie:

This is gonna be fun! :banana:

Sounds like fun! I am in!

I'm in!!

I can't wait to read this report!
:banana::banana::banana:
I'm always nervous when I first post...I don't like talking to myself. Of course between my kids and dh, I do alot of that anyway!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO IN!!!!:cool1: I'M SO IN THAT I'M GOING TOO!! :woohoo: :lmao:
I think I still owe you for flat winkers in the bushes with capt. Jack!

I am in too, this is going to be fantastic!!
I'm beginning to get a little worried that it won't live up to all the hype! I guess I better get my crazy on!

I'm here! This trip is going to be the stuff of DIS legends! :lmao:
that could either be really good or really bad. I guess it depends wether or not security is called.

Phew page 1 at least.:thumbsup2
about time!;)

Oh, this ought to be some kind of fun! Here we go!

Ooooweee, I'm in! Yeah!

:woohoo:

:dance3:
you like me! you really like me!!

MyTalula
10-28-2009, 11:06 AM
:cool1: Great start, I'm along for this crazy journey.

I'll be keeping my peepers open for 3D Winkers & Jordan in Feb!! :hyper2:

winkers
10-28-2009, 11:54 AM
:cool1: Great start, I'm along for this crazy journey.

I'll be keeping my peepers open for 3D Winkers & Jordan in Feb!! :hyper2:

When in Feb are you going?

eandesmom
10-28-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm in!

shannon47142
10-28-2009, 04:50 PM
I dont comment much, but I love reading about you and Jordan and friends, so I'm in for this report!!!:cool1:

glennbo123
10-28-2009, 06:06 PM
you like me! you really like me!!

Well of course we do!!

The other day my daughter was looking at the smilies and wondered when a person would use that 3-smilies dancing one. Now we know! :dance3:

mrsksomeday
10-28-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm beginning to get a little worried that it won't live up to all the hype! I guess I better get my crazy on!

Ah Winkers, when is your crazy ever off :confused3?

;) I love reading about you and your family no matter what happens crazy or not :hug:.

winkers
10-28-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm in!
Welcome!!

where in the north west are you? I'm in the middle of no where washington.

I dont comment much, but I love reading about you and Jordan and friends, so I'm in for this report!!!:cool1:
You should post more often...it's alot more fun and it boosts my ego.

The other day my daughter was looking at the smilies and wondered when a person would use that 3-smilies dancing one. Now we know! :dance3:
that's funny! you never know what you'll learn on the dis.

Ah Winkers, when is your crazy ever off :confused3?

;) I love reading about you and your family no matter what happens crazy or not :hug:.

:rotfl2: I know, but I do attempt to be normal in pubic..:thumbsup2

I can't believe how soon your trip is!!

eandesmom
10-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Welcome!!

where in the north west are you? I'm in the middle of no where washington.

I'm in the big city! Well not really, I'm in the NW burbs of Seattle...a rare native. Technically still a city zip code so UPS gets confused.

No where huh....wonder if I've been there...it's possible. There's a lot of nowheres not all that far from here.

winkers
10-28-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm in the big city! Well not really, I'm in the NW burbs of Seattle...a rare native. Technically still a city zip code so UPS gets confused.

No where huh....wonder if I've been there...it's possible. There's a lot of nowheres not all that far from here.

Moses Lake....I swore I'd never live here for more than a year or 2....that was 15 years ago.

I miss mountains and green....it's just flat and brown here.

mrsksomeday
10-28-2009, 08:45 PM
:rotfl2: I know, but I do attempt to be normal in pubic..:thumbsup2

I can't believe how soon your trip is!!

Yeah we try to be normal too, but with a hugely overweight woman and a skinny guy in a wheelchair we get looked at :rotfl2:a lot.

As for the trip being close..... I am officially in PANIC mode :scared1:.

eandesmom
10-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Moses Lake....I swore I'd never live here for more than a year or 2....that was 15 years ago.

I miss mountains and green....it's just flat and brown here.

Sadly, I can affirm that is true having driven through there many a time. My poor sisters car broke down outside of there on the way to Couer D'Alene last summer. She tried to get them to tow it to Ellensburg but it was outside her mileage limit so Moses Lake it was.

As a result I had lunch at the DQ there in July on a surprise road trip. Since her car was out of commission she still had to get back to CDA to pick up my nephew from camp and a road trip to the 'Kan was born. It was as good a lunch stop as any.

Man it's not there!

And well, in the middle of no where.

You do have potholes, the gorge and the dunes nearby so that's something. It always amazes me how it's like being in a different country weather wise the minute you start to cross the mountains. We have a cabin (aka shack, on the river, outhouse and all) in North Bend and even the weather difference from that to home (Lake Forest Park) is a bit mind boggling at times.

Blueyed Girl
10-28-2009, 09:53 PM
:
I think I still owe you for flat winkers in the bushes with capt. Jack!

Hey, that was JORDAN!!! :lmao: You can ask Rosie. All I did was laugh a little......ok,maybe a lot. :confused3 :rotfl2: Sorry.

jordanyosh
10-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Hey, that was JORDAN!!! :lmao: You can ask Rosie. All I did was laugh a little......ok,maybe a lot. :confused3 :rotfl2: Sorry.

I admit it was me....

and we did laugh ALOT!

jordanyosh
10-28-2009, 10:07 PM
A walk down memory lane with Flat Winkers

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc299/jordanyosh/wdwfeb2008575.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc299/jordanyosh/wdwfeb2008605.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc299/jordanyosh/wdwfeb2008607.jpg

Blueyed Girl
10-28-2009, 10:07 PM
I admit it was me....

and we did laugh ALOT!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

vamassey1
10-28-2009, 10:23 PM
I loved the trip down memory lane!:eek::lmao::rotfl2:

All7OfUs
10-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Well of course we do!!

That one is our Ladies' Trip official logo for our Sept trip..... I love that one!!

LOVE Cherie playing Peek-a-Boo there!! That is you, right??

MyTalula
10-29-2009, 09:17 AM
When in Feb are you going?

We are going February 9th to the 16th... seem a loooong way away right now. :rolleyes:

winkers
10-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah we try to be normal too, but with a hugely overweight woman and a skinny guy in a wheelchair we get looked at :rotfl2:a lot.

As for the trip being close..... I am officially in PANIC mode :scared1:.
you are not hugely overweight!! Do I need to come over there and give you a self esteem pep talk, young lady?

I love the frenzy of the last few days before a trip. I work best underpressure....that's my excuse for procrastinating.

You do have potholes, the gorge and the dunes nearby so that's something. It always amazes me how it's like being in a different country weather wise the minute you start to cross the mountains. We have a cabin (aka shack, on the river, outhouse and all) in North Bend and even the weather difference from that to home (Lake Forest Park) is a bit mind boggling at times.
potholes...yuck, you couldn't pay me to swim in that water
gorge....never actually been to a concert there, but we get all the drunks afterwards.]
dunes...it's just a bunch of sand

Whenever someone asks where I'm from and I say Washington, oh and then they always sady D.C.?, then I say no the state....and then they tell me how green and pretty it is there...then I have to say yes it is, except for about a 100 mile radius that is brown and ugly.

you laughed and witnessed, therefore you are culpable.;)

I admit it was me....

and we did laugh ALOT!
why does that not surprise me?
:rotfl:

thank you for not posting the one with me next to a gorilla but or a toilet.

I loved the trip down memory lane!:eek::lmao::rotfl2:
:rotfl2:

LOVE Cherie playing Peek-a-Boo there!! That is you, right??
yep, that's my crazy eye!

We are going February 9th to the 16th... seem a loooong way away right now. :rolleyes:

you'll just be starting your vacation when i leave on the 10th.

eandesmom
10-29-2009, 10:47 AM
potholes...yuck, you couldn't pay me to swim in that water
gorge....never actually been to a concert there, but we get all the drunks afterwards.]
dunes...it's just a bunch of sand

Whenever someone asks where I'm from and I say Washington, oh and then they always sady D.C.?, then I say no the state....and then they tell me how green and pretty it is there...then I have to say yes it is, except for about a 100 mile radius that is brown and ugly.

Well...I've never been to Potholes and am too old to go to the Gorge (never did either ) but I have had a lot of fun at those Dunes.

Of course, it was college. A bunch of sand was highly entertaining.

Do you get that awful wind there? Or are you past it.

winkers
10-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Well...I've never been to Potholes and am too old to go to the Gorge (never did either ) but I have had a lot of fun at those Dunes.

Of course, it was college. A bunch of sand was highly entertaining.

Do you get that awful wind there? Or are you past it.

we get it occasionaly and it's a pain!

eandesmom
10-29-2009, 12:03 PM
we get it occasionaly and it's a pain!

Well you don't get our soggy muddy days so that's a silver lining, right? You are actually closer to Spokane....do you go there much?

It's so funny, I had such a negative image of it based on no good reason other than people from Seattle pick on Spokane, and I had a good friend from there who picked on it herself. We spent the night there on our surprise road trip, my kids had SO much fun in the afternoon/evening we were there they think Spokane is a really cool town.

Go figure.

I think you need a Cheescake factory roadtrip for a DISmeet

:rolleyes1

oregonmommyof2
10-29-2009, 12:21 PM
I am here... Looking forward to all the pictures this trip will bring... :rolleyes1

Are you sure it's wise to leave the kids with MIL??? I mean, she did lose the dog... :confused3

Oh, wait, are the kids watching MIL?? That would make more sense...

jordanyosh
10-29-2009, 02:02 PM
I am here... Looking forward to all the pictures this trip will bring... :rolleyes1

Are you sure it's wise to leave the kids with MIL??? I mean, she did lose the dog... :confused3

I agree Kids watching MIL...:rotfl2:

All7OfUs
10-29-2009, 02:27 PM

Did the bunch of us start a trend?? I like that! ;)

MaryAz
10-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Page 3 ack, I am joining in for the historic event!
:banana::banana:

WalkingintheFog
10-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Joining in!

Who's going to be minding the kids at home?

winkers
10-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Well you don't get our soggy muddy days so that's a silver lining, right? You are actually closer to Spokane....do you go there much?

It's so funny, I had such a negative image of it based on no good reason other than people from Seattle pick on Spokane, and I had a good friend from there who picked on it herself. We spent the night there on our surprise road trip, my kids had SO much fun in the afternoon/evening we were there they think Spokane is a really cool town.

Go figure.

Spokane is pretty nice, I haven't spent alot of time there but at least it's green.
cheesecake dismeet sounds good to me!

IAre you sure it's wise to leave the kids with MIL??? I mean, she did lose the dog... :confused3

:lmao::lmao:
I think I'm going to pay a young adult that we know to stay at night with the kids. Evan will be driving so he'll get to do carpool and taxi service.

I agree Kids watching MIL...:rotfl2:
that's like the blind leading the blind...

Did the bunch of us start a trend?? I like that! ;)

Page 3 ack, I am joining in for the historic event!
:banana::banana:
Welcome to the craziness...or was it wacky Jordan called me?

Joining in!

Who's going to be minding the kids at home?

the dogs....

eandesmom
10-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Spokane is pretty nice, I haven't spent alot of time there but at least it's green.
cheesecake dismeet sounds good to me!

I don't think it's green year round, a heck of a lot colder there in the winter but it grew on me a lot.

I'm in if you make the trek, just let me know. Holiday shopping is always a fine excuse....

winkers
10-29-2009, 10:21 PM
I don't think it's green year round, a heck of a lot colder there in the winter but it grew on me a lot.

I'm in if you make the trek, just let me know. Holiday shopping is always a fine excuse....

I can always tell when I'm about 20 miles away from spokane because suddenly there's trees instead of tumbleweeds.

I don't usually make it over to your side durring the winter...I hate snoqualmie pass in the snow.

faerieprincess
10-29-2009, 10:23 PM
i'm in too - i am lurking on your last TR and loving it. You have a really beautiful family and are very fun to read! :goodvibes

winkers
10-29-2009, 10:29 PM
i'm in too - i am lurking on your last TR and loving it. You have a really beautiful family and are very fun to read! :goodvibes

Hi! I'm glad you came out of lurking!

I love your avatar, it's so cute!

faerieprincess
10-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Thank you! i have a bunch of them, but most of them aren't pre-watershed appropriate ;)

wigdoutdismom
10-29-2009, 11:53 PM
Hello, my name is Wigd and I made it in on page 4.....:confused:

eandesmom
10-30-2009, 02:00 AM
I can always tell when I'm about 20 miles away from spokane because suddenly there's trees instead of tumbleweeds.

I don't usually make it over to your side durring the winter...I hate snoqualmie pass in the snow.

Me too. My van hates it even more.

GeminiAngel
10-30-2009, 07:55 AM
:surfweb:

winkers
10-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Hello, my name is Wigd and I made it in on page 4.....:confused:
better late than never!:thumbsup2

Me too. My van hates it even more.
I've had a few hair raising experiences on snoqualmie.

:surfweb:

popcorn::

Blueyed Girl
10-30-2009, 12:29 PM
you laughed and witnessed, therefore you are culpable.;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Well then, so is Rosie, and Wendy, and Derrick & Kim!! You had quite the audience, hot mama!

thank you for not posting the one with me next to a gorilla but or a toilet.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

:lmao:

Poolrat
10-30-2009, 02:31 PM
I hope I am just fashionable late to this party!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Can't wait to hear all the details.

eandesmom
10-30-2009, 02:34 PM
I've had a few hair raising experiences on snoqualmie.

That's highway 2 for me. I was completely freaked driving it solo this summer. Which is ridiculous but the bad karma on it has happened in both winter and summer.

winkers
10-30-2009, 06:41 PM
I didn't realize what an exhibitionist I was!
I wonder if dh is aware of that?

I hope I am just fashionable late to this party!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Can't wait to hear all the details.

you're not late untill it's finished, which with my speed could take a few years.

GeminiAngel
10-30-2009, 07:57 PM
popcorn:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Blueyed Girl
10-30-2009, 09:14 PM
I didn't realize what an exhibitionist I was!
I wonder if dh is aware of that?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

winkers
10-31-2009, 01:39 PM
The details...

They say "the devil's in the details"....I'm not sure what that means...glenn?....

To me it means I will become obsessed with the details and end up with 50 different itenerary versions.

This year the details will be a little simpilar because it's just dh and I.

In 2006 D.Jay and I made our first trip to WDW. It was going to be a one time deal. We live in Washington so it's a long trip. Well, after about 2 hours of being there we knew we had to take our kids.

2007 came and we surprised our kids with a trip. Again, it was going to be a one time thing....I ended up needing a dentist and pain pills, which messed up our vacation.

2008...and we had to have a re-do! I was really sad when that ended because I knew it sould be at least 3 years before we could return.

2009....we took the kids and mother in law....are you seeing a pattern here?

After that trip I KNEW we wouldn't be able to afford going for at least another year because of remodeling our house.
Then disney released the buy4 get 3 deal.....which means I'm saving money by going!

Which brings us to our next vacation....

Feb 3-10th just D.Jay and I .

We're staying at CBR, which I'm really excited about.

This trip should be more relaxing because we know what we really want to see and do. Plus without kids or the mother in law....it should be free of drama!

Trips of Disney Past...

disneyland 2005

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0531.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0550.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0551.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0180.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_1897.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_2707.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_2744.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_2884.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_2959.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_3032.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_4821.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_5044.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/image196.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/disneyworld08/100_5103.jpg

the best of 2009
http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv20/winkerspictures/DSC02051.jpg

up next...are we going there to eat or have fun?

Blueyed Girl
10-31-2009, 02:32 PM
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I just love the last picture. Bailey's expression is priceless!!

jordanyosh
10-31-2009, 02:39 PM
The details...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0550.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0551.jpg

I remember these! were these in your avatar or siggie at one point?

winkers
10-31-2009, 02:57 PM
I remember these! were these in your avatar or siggie at one point?

yes, they were.

I have no idea where my kids learned to pose for pictures....:rolleyes1

jordanyosh
10-31-2009, 03:00 PM
yes, they were.

I have no idea where my kids learned to pose for pictures....:rolleyes1
:rolleyes1:rotfl2::rotfl2:

reelmom
10-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Wow, they have really grown. Especially Evan. He seems like just a baby on your first trip. Time sure does fly.

rentayenta
10-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Even though I am not flat, count me in! ;)

eandesmom
10-31-2009, 03:38 PM
I love the pics. I'm just finding the delight that is a Winkers TR and PTR so I love getting up to speed quickly on the players.

My favorite. Probably as I am surrounded by boys in my house and my own Evan would be all over that pose!

Dizneydawn
10-31-2009, 03:59 PM
Sorry I am late but I have a good excuse. I was busy getting ready for my recent bike-athalon. You may have heard of it. The very famous World Naked Race.
I won my heat. What can I say. :confused3 I just have that athletic build so many strive for. :rolleyes1
The issue was where to put my pin on medal.:scared1:http://www.urbansprout.co.za/files/images/world_naked_bike_day_0.jpg

GeminiAngel
10-31-2009, 06:20 PM

winkers
10-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Wow, they have really grown. Especially Evan. He seems like just a baby on your first trip. Time sure does fly.
they're growing up way too fast!

Even though I am not flat, count me in! ;)
hey, I'm about as far from flat as it gets.;)

My favorite. Probably as I am surrounded by boys in my house and my own Evan would be all over that pose!
It has become a family tradition....I'm sure this picture will make it into a few senior yearbooks...

[COLOR="Blue"][B]Sorry I am late but I have a good excuse. I was busy getting ready for my recent bike-athalon. You may have heard of it. The very famous World Naked Race.
I won my heat. What can I say. :confused3 I just have that athletic build so many strive for. :rolleyes1

my eyes!!! my eyes!!!

I would think only the young and perky would try that.....it would hurt if something got caught in the chain.:eek:

Charleston Princess
11-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Loved remembering all your trips through your pictures! Your 2008 pre-trip/trip report was one of the first ones I ever read here on the DIS! Good times! :goodvibes

winkers
11-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Loved remembering all your trips through your pictures! Your 2008 pre-trip/trip report was one of the first ones I ever read here on the DIS! Good times! :goodvibes

thanks! flat jordan added alot of fun to that trip and report.

mrsksomeday
11-01-2009, 02:21 PM
I loved the flashback pictures, your family has so much fun! Thanks for sharing.

winkers
11-01-2009, 11:54 PM
I loved the flashback pictures, your family has so much fun! Thanks for sharing.

You must be so excited for your trip! Are you able to accomplish anything?:yay:

mrsksomeday
11-02-2009, 12:36 AM
You must be so excited for your trip! Are you able to accomplish anything?:yay:

I got all the laundry done, 3/4ths of the packing (Bill still hasn't picked out his clothes :mad:), posted my last PTR installment, and will be finishing straightening up the apartment tomorrow. I go between being excited to being in a panic :eek:.

jordanyosh
11-02-2009, 12:40 AM
I got all the laundry done, 3/4ths of the packing (Bill still hasn't picked out his clothes :mad:), posted my last PTR installment, and will be finishing straightening up the apartment tomorrow. I go between being excited to being in a panic :eek:.

Laundry done :thumbsup2

I love leaving a clean house so there's a clean house to come home to.

winkers
11-02-2009, 12:47 AM
that's how I normally feel the week before.....but I always work best under pressure....at least that's how I rationalize my procrastination.

Laundry done :thumbsup2

I love leaving a clean house so there's a clean house to come home to.

me too! my poor kids know that there will be scrubbing of the house the day before we leave.

jordanyosh
11-02-2009, 12:50 AM
me too! my poor kids know that there will be scrubbing of the house the day before we leave.

Take pictures:rotfl2:

All7OfUs
11-02-2009, 12:52 AM
Totally with you on this one!! Who wants to come home to a stale dish rag hanging around, or an extra pile of laundry?? No way... there'll be enough of that already.

winkers
11-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Take pictures:rotfl2:
my kids cleaning is pretty rare!
When my mom comes to visit, I always go into the cleaning freak mode. I grew up in a spotless house that could have been in better homes and gardens. So when my Mom comes I try to pretend like my house is just as spotless....it's not a mess, but there are nights I don't get to the dishes...She would have to be on death's doorstep to leave dishes untill the morning.

anyhoo....several years ago, my Mom was here on a visit when Bailie pipped up with "Grandma, whenever you visit we have to clean the house". She made it sound like it was a pig sty the rest of the year. :rolleyes:

Totally with you on this one!! Who wants to come home to a stale dish rag hanging around, or an extra pile of laundry?? No way... there'll be enough of that already.

Compared to coming home to a mess, a clean home is heavenly.

rentayenta
11-02-2009, 08:36 AM
After our last vacation, I came home to a sparkling house. One of my best friends came in and cleaned the day before we got back. :cloud9: I always scrub before we go but after 9 days, it's all dusty again. I felt like I won the lottery when I walked in to that! :lovestruc

winkers
11-02-2009, 11:03 AM
After our last vacation, I came home to a sparkling house. One of my best friends came in and cleaned the day before we got back. :cloud9: I always scrub before we go but after 9 days, it's all dusty again. I felt like I won the lottery when I walked in to that! :lovestruc

can I borrow your friend?

that is a great surprise.

eandesmom
11-02-2009, 12:22 PM

Oh that would be heaven! Even if I leave it sparkling, and I sure try, it feels trashed within 5 minutes of arrival back.

All7OfUs
11-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Here's an idea... ask MIL to stay home this time, and see if she'll volunteer to tidy it up before you get back. Tell her the penguin probably won't be around this time, and therefore will be no magical healings... :lmao:

jordanyosh
11-02-2009, 01:05 PM

what a cool friend.

winkers
11-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Oh that would be heaven! Even if I leave it sparkling, and I sure try, it feels trashed within 5 minutes of arrival back.
same here....part of it is because I'm too tired to even think about unpacking so the luggage explodes all over the living room..

Here's an idea... ask MIL to stay home this time, and see if she'll volunteer to tidy it up before you get back. Tell her the penguin probably won't be around this time, and therefore will be no magical healings... :lmao:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You don't know how funny that is!

MIL is NOT a cleaner.....have you ever seen the show hoarders or people on Oprah who live in complete mess with just little pathways?
Well, that's her.
Generally, I come home and have to clean up after her.......my sis in law once described MIL as a walking tornado!
She can sit somewhere and within minutes theres crap all around her.

vamassey1
11-02-2009, 01:20 PM
.......my sis in law once described MIL as a walking tornado!
She can sit somewhere and within minutes theres crap all around her.

You just described my middle child. She leaves a mess everywhere she goes.

winkers
11-02-2009, 01:26 PM
You just described my middle child. She leaves a mess everywhere she goes.

you have my deepest sympathies....:rotfl2:

Bailie is the same way......I don't go into her room unless I have to.

vamassey1
11-02-2009, 01:28 PM
you have my deepest sympathies....:rotfl2:

Bailie is the same way......I don't go into her room unless I have to.

ditto . . .

faerieprincess
11-02-2009, 02:32 PM
that's how I normally feel the week before.....but I always work best under pressure....at least that's how I rationalize my procrastination.

Gotta love reading quickly while you scroll.... i read that as "that's how I rationalize my prescription!"

i always clean everything before i go on vacation, too. my bf doesn't get it, because then you leave exhausted - he doesn't seem to realise i'd rather leave exhausted than come home and get even more so!

winkers
11-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Gotta love reading quickly while you scroll.... i read that as "that's how I rationalize my prescription!"

i

...that's what my mother in law is for.

englishrose47
11-03-2009, 11:15 PM

Iwas there for that and laughing my **** off !!!

I,m slow I only just noticed the link to this !! Here,s my link:-
Got Pre Trip board and find it !!!!:rotfl2: Here's a clue I;m still looking for Hot Italians !!!:worship::rotfl2:

winkers
11-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Iwas there for that and laughing my **** off !!!

I,m slow I only just noticed the link to this !! Here,s my link:-
Got Pre Trip board and find it !!!!:rotfl2: Here's a clue I;m still looking for Hot Italians !!!:worship::rotfl2:

I know you were one of the guilty party...

englishrose47
11-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Guilty as Charged !!! :lmao:I also 'sin "in the choir!:rotfl2:

winkers
11-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Guilty as Charged !!! :lmao:I also 'sin "in the choir!:rotfl2:

I couldn't find your pre tr

lazydoxy66
11-05-2009, 03:45 AM
:wave2:

englishrose47
11-05-2009, 08:12 AM
I couldn't find your pre tr

Jordan did maybe he can link you !!:thumbsup2You know me I have no clue how to do that!!!!:rotfl2:

winkers
11-05-2009, 11:22 AM
:wave2:

winkers
11-05-2009, 12:32 PM
On previous trips, I've planned and planned and planned somemore. Studied the hours of each park and agonized over where to eat and getting up at 3a.m. to make the adr's.

I guess I'm slipping....or becoming a little more normal...depending on who you ask.

I have 3 months till the trip and I'm only on my 1st draft of the itenerary.
I've decided that this trip will be drama free and full of relaxing. That should be interesting because we've never taken a relaxing vacation.

But this time feels different. Since it's just the 2 of us and we've been several times before, I don't feel the need to cram as much into the time as possible.
We know what are our must do's are and what we don't need to worry about.

This trip, I'm not focused on every ropedrop......we'll see how well that goes.;)

So here's the first draft....I'm sure it will change a few if not many times...I'm still waiting for the hours to be released.:headache:

Feb 4th..DHS
dinner @ Raglan Road with Rosie!

Feb 5th..Animal Kingdom
Dinner Chef Defrance....I just hope I don't have to pronounce it correctly to be seated..

Feb 6th..free morning
Dinner @ Kona
Dis meet at MK in the evening

Feb 7th..Epcot F.W.

dinner Tuotto Italia
free evening

Feb 8th..Free morning
World showcase in evening
dinner @ Kouzzina with Jordan and Rosie

Feb 9th..MK morning
dinner @ Tony's

It's still pretty basic but I'm sure that will change with time and my ocd-ness.

lazydoxy66
11-06-2009, 04:06 AM
What is it with the outhouse convention that follows you around? :rotfl2:

Your plans look good. You don't even need index cards for it.

Charleston Princess
11-06-2009, 05:22 AM
Relaxing trips can be heavenly!!! :goodvibes However, I can't wait to see if you change your mind about the rope drops -- it always seems like once I get to Disney, I start to panic about making those rope drops. :laughing:

eandesmom
11-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Basic is good :goodvibes

Besides, that way if hours change 2 weeks before the trip, or even less, it doesn't matter!

Fun ADR list :thumbsup2

vamassey1
11-06-2009, 11:27 AM
You trip looks lovely. Since it's just you and DJ you don't need to worry about rushing around.

I just wish it went for more days. DH mentioned going for Mardi Gras this morning. We wouldn't arrive until 2/13.

winkers
11-06-2009, 12:54 PM
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="blue"]What is it with the outhouse convention that follows you around? :rotfl2:

like flies to a turd...

Relaxing trips can be heavenly!!! :goodvibes However, I can't wait to see if you change your mind about the rope drops -- it always seems like once I get to Disney, I start to panic about making those rope drops. :laughing:
I've never not done rope drops!
On our first trip we didn't get to our resort untill 1:30 a.m. but we were up by 6 to get ready for DHS rope drop.

Basic is good :goodvibes

Besides, that way if hours change 2 weeks before the trip, or even less, it doesn't matter!

Fun ADR list :thumbsup2
I'm just stressing because I'm not stressed....:rotfl:

You trip looks lovely. Since it's just you and DJ you don't need to worry about rushing around.

I just wish it went for more days. DH mentioned going for Mardi Gras this morning. We wouldn't arrive until 2/13.

just convince him you need to go before Mardi Gras

vamassey1
11-06-2009, 10:17 PM
just convince him you need to go before Mardi Gras

Might be a little hard, the kids are off school for 2 days 2/15 and 2/16. If we go 2/13 thru 2/21 they only miss 3 days of school and we get the weekends.

englishrose47
11-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Hi Cherie !! I particularly love your dinner guest the 4th and the 8th!!! :cloud9:Oh that's me !!:lmao::lmao:

winkers
11-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Hi Cherie !! I particularly love your dinner guest the 4th and the 8th!!! :cloud9:Oh that's me !!:lmao::lmao:

me too!

eandesmom
11-08-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm just stressing because I'm not stressed....:rotfl:

So sad but true. If there isn't drama and complications I worry something is really wrong with the universe and invent them instead.

Or at least I used to, I'm a bit better now I think. I just need to work on Jeff.

Don't worry.

Be happy.

Song stuck in your head yet?

winkers
11-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Of all the parks DHS is my least favorite. I'm not sure what it is but it just doesn't have the same feel as the others.
I never feel relaxed here because I'm always running from one end to the other and trying to co-ordinate with the show schedules.

That being said....it is still Disney.

We've never spent more than a day here and we usually leave around 5.
This time there are even fewer things we want to do, so it'll only be a half day.

On our first trip, we had the crappiest flights EVER and ended up with 3 plane changes and a delay in Charlotte NC because of lightening storms in Orlando. It was sometime after midnight by the time we got into MCO and after 2 by the time we got to bed.
but we had a schedule to keep! :laughing:
So, with about 2 hours of sleep we were at DHS for ropedrop. It was pouring all day, but we were so excited to be there that it didn't matter.

I'm looking forward to sleeping in our first day and missing the cattle drive Disney calls rope drop.

Here's what we plan to do...

TOT....which d.jay will claim he has to go potty just as we get in line, and then I'll tell him too bad. He can go after.

RRC....repeat previous scenario

TSM...by now he can't possibly have any more pee in him.;)

Star tours...

Beauty and the Beast.....my favorite show !

winkers
11-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Don't worry.

Be happy.

Song stuck in your head yet?

I'll be silently cursing you all 3 hours of church while that stupid song is on continuous replay.:headache:

eandesmom
11-08-2009, 12:58 PM
We really enjoyed DHS (then MGM) on our first visit. For some reason it felt a little different but maybe (and likely) it was just that it wasn't insanely crowded. We struggle with it this time due to the crowds and the flow (of which it really has none). But there are a lot of really great things to do and see....I just need to figure out a way to make it flow better for us. I like your list, hopefully the FP gods and wait times will make it possible to do all of that in a half day. Too funny about needing to pee....

Do you have better flights this time? We had crappy ones last trip as well and it stole 2 full days from my trip.

I'll be silently cursing you all 3 hours of church while that stupid song is on continuous replay.:headache:

Hey it could make a bad sermon...go faster?

Really there are worse things to have stuck in your head. And you know, that was not my intent at all.

:laughing:

englishrose47
11-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Hi Cherie !!! See you in Sept oops thats Feb!!!:lmao:

jordanyosh
11-08-2009, 09:33 PM
DHS used to be my favorite, dropped to my least and now is trying to make a comeback....

The American Idol Experience and TSM have done more to add to the overall park experience.

by the way park hours are out.....

Charleston Princess
11-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Like your DHS must-dos, but where is the Great Movie Ride??? ;)

winkers
11-08-2009, 09:37 PM
DHS used to be my favorite, dropped to my least and now is trying to make a comeback....

The American Idol Experience and TSM have done more to add to the overall park experience.

by the way park hours are out.....
I forgot about AI....what's it like?
I did see the park hours...made my whole day!:rotfl2:

Like your DHS must-dos, but where is the Great Movie Ride??? ;)

we'll ride the mediocre movie ride if we have time

Charleston Princess
11-08-2009, 09:38 PM
we'll ride the mediocre movie ride if we have time

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Maybe a gangster or an outlaw will hijack your train. ;)

All7OfUs
11-09-2009, 12:19 AM

Why does this just strike me as funny?? :lmao:

Maybe this song will have something more significant in it than the sermon anyway?? You could contemplate HOW to be happy for a long time, I think.

All7OfUs
11-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Of all the parks DHS is my least favorite. I'm not sure what it is but it just doesn't have the same feel as the others.
I never feel relaxed here because I'm always running from one end to the other and trying to co-ordinate with the show schedules.

ITA!! BAck and forth, back and forth...

Why is it so hard NOT to do this at this park??!!

We've never spent more than a day here and we usually leave around 5.
This time there are even fewer things we want to do, so it'll only be a half day.

Then, that ought to be enough...

On our first trip, we had the crappiest flights EVER and ended up with 3 plane changes and a delay in Charlotte NC because of lightening storms in Orlando. It was sometime after midnight by the time we got into MCO and after 2 by the time we got to bed.
but we had a schedule to keep! :laughing:
So, with about 2 hours of sleep we were at DHS for ropedrop. It was pouring all day, but we were so excited to be there that it didn't matter.

Hate when that happens! Our first 3 days of our trip were like that last year. Totally. Sucked!

TOT....which d.jay will claim he has to go potty just as we get in line, and then I'll tell him too bad. He can go after.

RRC....repeat previous scenario

YES!!! Love them both! But in my case, it will be ME having to go, and me telling my schizophrenic self, "you can wait. You can wait!"

TSM...by now he can't possibly have any more pee in him.;)

Star tours...

Beauty and the Beast.....my favorite show !

All 3 are great rides. Very excited to try TSM next time. I might even have to wait in the SB line to see what all the rave is with Mr. Potato Head.

[/QUOTE]

englishrose47
11-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Morning Cherie!!!

winkers
11-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Why does this just strike me as funny?? :lmao:

:rotfl: I know, not the kind of thoughts you should have durring church.

YES!!! Love them both! But in my case, it will be ME having to go, and me telling my schizophrenic self, "you can wait. You can wait!"
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
D.Jay freeks himself out right before a ride. He always has fun once he's on it, it's just getting him there.

Morning Cherie!!!

morning rosie!

englishrose47
11-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Just heard from my TA I am all set for solo Rosie 2/4 - 2/11 !! I have marked down on my very sketchy itinary 2/4 RR with some lady who wants me to play an accordian:rotfl2:And the 8th at Kouzzina with that same lady and some PEEP!!!!!:rotfl2:

winkers
11-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Gaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Life in the winkers home is insane right now! We have contractors working all day. the old shingles on our house have been stripped.....today they are replacing all of the windows, which means I had to have everything 2 feet away from all of the windows.
thank heavens mother nature decided to co-operate with us...it's a sunn 55 here today. but inside is freezing cold from all the windows being torn out and the front door always open.

I can't wait to see the transformation. We've lived here for 10 years and the house still has most of the original stuff from the 50's. Including my fancy metal cabinets which I will happily take a sledge hammer to in about a month.:thumbsup2

We also have 2 schizophrenic daucshunds who bark like crazy anytime the air moves. They're pinned in the kitchen so they aren't under foot and it's driving them nuts.

On top of all that....I'm sick. I'm slightly feverish with crud in my lungs and the shakes from guzzling redebull....which I thought is supposed to give you wings.

So, that's where I've been lately. I'm taking a little sanity break now to drink another redbull and contemplate the mess my house is right now.

Oh, and I'm also thinking about adding an extra day to our trip.....I guess I better talk to D.Jay about that.

oregonmommyof2
11-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Oh isn't home improvement fun! I have decided I need to become a Genie and be able to automatically change things with the wink of my eye...

Between the dogs and kids under foot and it just being time consuming, it drives me nuts!

Terry and I are doing all the home stuff ourselves too so it's just when he is home from work...

winkers
11-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Oh isn't home improvement fun! I have decided I need to become a Genie and be able to automatically change things with the wink of my eye...

Between the dogs and kids under foot and it just being time consuming, it drives me nuts!

Terry and I are doing all the home stuff ourselves too so it's just when he is home from work...

I'd go crazy if we were doing it ourselves!! It would NEVER get done.

I think we should have planned a disney trip while all of this was going on.

oregonmommyof2
11-10-2009, 06:25 PM

I agree, and you should have taken me with you!!! :thumbsup2

winkers
11-10-2009, 06:42 PM
I agree, and you should have taken me with you!!! :thumbsup2

I'll have to do more planning next time we decide to tear apart the house.

At least the kitchen will be done while we're gone for christmas....at least, that's the plan.

punkin413
11-10-2009, 07:49 PM
how did i not know that this existed???

I then spent the remainder of the trip in a wheelchair because the meds made me very loopy and slightly dizzy. I have a very low tollerance for pain meds so I was on my own little high.

If you're wondering why I needed to explain all of that, I give you exibit A..

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_3145-1.jpg

yep, that's me, high on disneyworld and pain meds.

i am STILL kicking myself for missing the chance to meet you all hopped on pain meds that trip!

Looks like Flat Jordy knew something was rotten in Denmark....

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_4435.jpg

I'm still waiting for the hours to be released.:headache:

let me know if you still haven't seen the hours. i can get them through may 2010. not sure what's out on disney's website yet.

englishrose47
11-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi Winkers!!

winkers
11-10-2009, 08:34 PM
how did i not know that this existed???

let me know if you still haven't seen the hours. i can get them through may 2010. not sure what's out on disney's website yet.
I don't know? I guess I should fire my t.r. pimp.;)

I found the hours the other day, thanks!

Hi Winkers!!
Hi, Rosie!:banana:

Blueyed Girl
11-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Gaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Life in the winkers home is insane right now! We have contractors working all day. the old shingles on our house have been stripped.....today they are replacing all of the windows, which means I had to have everything 2 feet away from all of the windows.
thank heavens mother nature decided to co-operate with us...it's a sunn 55 here today. but inside is freezing cold from all the windows being torn out and the front door always open.

I can't wait to see the transformation. We've lived here for 10 years and the house still has most of the original stuff from the 50's. Including my fancy metal cabinets which I will happily take a sledge hammer to in about a month.:thumbsup2

We also have 2 schizophrenic daucshunds who bark like crazy anytime the air moves. They're pinned in the kitchen so they aren't under foot and it's driving them nuts.

On top of all that....I'm sick. I'm slightly feverish with crud in my lungs and the shakes from guzzling redebull....which I thought is supposed to give you wings.

So, that's where I've been lately. I'm taking a little sanity break now to drink another redbull and contemplate the mess my house is right now.

Oh, and I'm also thinking about adding an extra day to our trip.....I guess I better talk to D.Jay about that.

Oh wow!! I don't envy the noise and chaos you are going through right now at all. I'm SOOOOO glad we are finally finished with our remodel. You need to take before and after pictures so we can see!! popcorn::

You also need to trash the red bull and grab some water!! You don't need to get sick and have something lingering till February! Remember, no one is allowed to get sick this trip!! I absolutely REFUSE!!!

englishrose47
11-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh wow!! I don't envy the noise and chaos you are going through right now at all. I'm SOOOOO glad we are finally finished with our remodel. You need to take before and after pictures so we can see!! popcorn::

You also need to trash the red bull and grab some water!! You don't need to get sick and have something lingering till February! Remember, no one is allowed to get sick this trip!! I absolutely REFUSE!!!

We have a new policy at work to disinfect each shift !! I have lysol all over and taff who are very willing to use it !!:rotfl2:First thing my consumers do when they walk in the door is WAS their hands !!I tis rubbing off at home I wipe allsorts of things down !! May be the I won't get sick in Disney!!!:banana:

punkin413
11-10-2009, 11:19 PM
i just have two words for you:

CHEESY WINKERS!!!

(for an explanation of this, please see All7OfUs's september 2010 pre-TR.)

All7OfUs
11-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Gaaaaahhhhhh!!!

I would multi-quote, but am impotent right now, so can't.

All I have to say is that I'm over-the-top happy for you that your schizoid daschsunds don't have diarrhea anymore- or do they??!! Cuz, that might call for yet another redbull and a Prozac to wash it down with... Just sayin'...

Cool!! Adding another day. Not to enable or anything, but I added 3. I might add they are solo (so far). Is POP calling your name? You could tell d.jay it'd only be like $40 a night... :rolleyes1

englishrose47
11-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi Winkers !!! Are you buried under remodelling !!!????:rotfl2:

85 days till our Meet

winkers
11-11-2009, 12:34 PM

I didn't get any recent "before" of the outside of the house, but I'll take one today of half way and then one after.
I'm so frustrated right now because I can't get anything done, and it's worse with the kids all home today.
I very rarely drink red bull, but with this cold I just want to lay down and sleep, which is impossible with construction going on...they started at 7 this morning.

We have a new policy at work to disinfect each shift !! I have lysol all over and taff who are very willing to use it !!:rotfl2:First thing my consumers do when they walk in the door is WAS their hands !!I tis rubbing off at home I wipe allsorts of things down !! May be the I won't get sick in Disney!!!:banana:
good idea!

i just have two words for you:

CHEESY WINKERS!!!

(for an explanation of this, please see All7OfUs's september 2010 pre-TR.)

I would multi-quote, but am impotent right now, so can't.

All I have to say is that I'm over-the-top happy for you that your schizoid daschsunds don't have diarrhea anymore- or do they??!! Cuz, that might call for yet another redbull and a Prozac to wash it down with... Just sayin'...

Cool!! Adding another day. Not to enable or anything, but I added 3. I might add they are solo (so far). Is POP calling your name? You could tell d.jay it'd only be like $40 a night... :rolleyes1
the one still gets the runs anytime she gets fed something she shouldn't. At least this morning they're just sitting in the window and watching everything. which is lucky for them because I had the duct tape ready for their mouths.

Hi Winkers !!! Are you buried under remodelling !!!????:rotfl2:

85 days till our Meet

Yes, I am!!

The insulation guys were hear around 7 starting to blow it in...well, they did a little too good of a job, because it got all over inside!!
Breathing that stuff hasn't helped my cold at all.

Blueyed Girl
11-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Oooh, that spray insulation isn't good for allergies and sinus stuff. You should just find somewhere to go all day until they are done. I know, easier said than done but it might make you feel better and you might....just maybe...get to keep some of your sanity. :lmao:

englishrose47
11-11-2009, 02:44 PM
I am just buried under kids !!!:rotfl2:

84 Days!!!!!!

Blueyed Girl
11-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Can't take it anymore!!! I started a PTR. :rotfl:

Come visit me here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34298343#post34298343

lazydoxy66
11-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Hello Winkers!

The problem with DHS is that it is not Universal. :lmao: Once you've been to Universal Studios the jig is up. If it wasn't for 50's PTC, Tot, and RnRC, I wouldn't go either. But as you said, it is still Disney. OK, and it does look awesome at night.

Wow, you are updating the whole house!?? Poor puppies. :rotfl2: We put our little boogers in the basement while our windows were being replaced. They still barked. Then they lost their ever-lovin' minds trying to sniff out the culprets when we let them back upstairs.

I hope you feel better soon.

jordanyosh
11-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Gaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Sorry about the madness, but I can relate to your pain....

Must.Add.Day.

jordanyosh
11-11-2009, 09:32 PM

Coming over right now.

eandesmom
11-11-2009, 09:34 PM

Except they'd be calling you non stop and that would ruin the trip!

I hope you are able to get warm tonight!

winkers
11-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Oooh, that spray insulation isn't good for allergies and sinus stuff. You should just find somewhere to go all day until they are done. I know, easier said than done but it might make you feel better and you might....just maybe...get to keep some of your sanity. :lmao:
I got to escape the maddness for awhile while we went to look at kitchen stuff....my dream cabninets were quickly taken away, when I realized it would be over $20,000!!!:eek:

I am just buried under kids !!!:rotfl2:

84 Days!!!!!!
I know the feeling, I had my 4 plus 3 from next door

on my way over!!

Hello Winkers!

The problem with DHS is that it is not Universal. :lmao: Once you've been to Universal Studios the jig is up. If it wasn't for 50's PTC, Tot, and RnRC, I wouldn't go either. But as you said, it is still Disney. OK, and it does look awesome at night.

Wow, you are updating the whole house!?? Poor puppies. :rotfl2: We put our little boogers in the basement while our windows were being replaced. They still barked. Then they lost their ever-lovin' minds trying to sniff out the culprets when we let them back upstairs.

I hope you feel better soon.
I haven't traveled to the dark side .....universal. I think we'll go after the Harry Potter thing is done.

My dogs don't mind our contractors because they are neighboors that they know. Sophie went out of her mind because the couch was pulled away from the window so she couldn't see what was going on out there. she whined untill it got put back.

Sorry about the madness, but I can relate to your pain....

Must.Add.Day.
I.Really.Want.To.

Except they'd be calling you non stop and that would ruin the trip!

I hope you are able to get warm tonight!

It's surprisingly warm in here. amazing what windows do.:)

jordanyosh
11-11-2009, 11:41 PM
would. you. add. a. day. on.the.front.or.backside.

winkers
11-11-2009, 11:44 PM
would. you. add. a. day. on.the.front.or.backside.

backside.....otherwise I'd need a bigger bra.

jordanyosh
11-11-2009, 11:53 PM
so you would leave the 11th? what are the chances of it happening? do you have air yet?

winkers
11-12-2009, 12:07 AM
I don't have air yet...so I need to call and see how much it would cost and if it will affect my 4/3 deal.

All7OfUs
11-12-2009, 12:34 AM
Bra here or there,
Would you, could you, add it anywhere?!!

No, not here or there
I don't like bras anywhere!

So psyched for you!!

eandesmom
11-12-2009, 01:21 AM

Bra here or there,

No, not here or there

So psyched for you!!

add.a.day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say

add.a.day!!!!!

go away, that's ok, just addaday!

7 kids?

BLEH!

20K on cabinets? Frightening. But not all all surprising depending on what you were looking at.

I'm a big fan of windows. Especially non single paned, non aluminum framed, windows.

Amazing what a difference it can make to your heat bill!

winkers
11-12-2009, 01:52 AM
Bra here or there,

No, not here or there

So psyched for you!!

add.a.day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say

add.a.day!!!!!

go away, that's ok, just addaday!

7 kids?

BLEH!

20K on cabinets? Frightening. But not all all surprising depending on what you were looking at.

I'm a big fan of windows. Especially non single paned, non aluminum framed, windows.

Amazing what a difference it can make to your heat bill!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I just woke d.jay up with my laughing!

englishrose47
11-12-2009, 08:06 AM

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

punkin413
11-12-2009, 09:13 AM

i'll give you some of my backside if you'll give me some of your front.

winkers
11-12-2009, 02:05 PM
i'll give you some of my backside if you'll give me some of your front.

I'm good both front and back...but I would definatley donate some "front" to you!

winkers
11-12-2009, 04:46 PM
I never thought I could be in love with an appliance before....but I'm having a love fest with my new fridge!:lovestruc

oregonmommyof2
11-12-2009, 06:05 PM
I never thought I could be in love with an appliance before....but I'm having a love fest with my new fridge!:lovestruc

Oh! I am so jealous... My Dad always said he thought I had a fridge fetish or something, I was always cleaning our fridge and organizing everything in it when I was growing up... I always asked if I could clean it when I was a teenager... :rotfl: And whenever we go anywhere that has fridges I have to look at all of them... I have all new appliances in the kitchen beside's the fridge because I have to figure out how to knock out the wall and rebuild it a foot or so over so I can get a bigger fridge... :confused3

Blueyed Girl
11-12-2009, 06:47 PM

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I totally understand!

As for the cabinets, we found that having them custom made was cheaper than getting them from "somewhere". We were shocked.

vamassey1
11-13-2009, 09:56 AM
I think you should add 2 days so you'll still be there when we get there on the 13th.

*Seanaci*
11-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Ok...reading through your previous TR...(the one with MIL)...laughing my big butt off (at least I hope so)...on board to hear your plans for an adult only trip. I'm jealous! :D

Maybe one day Hubs and I...or maybe mom and I (leave the kiddo at home with hubs and my dad) will go on an adult only trip. :D

All7OfUs
11-14-2009, 08:17 AM

Nor I with de-pukified walls. It wasn't actually that, but sure looked like it. You know, that disguesting place behind where you put your trash can? Painted up that wall, and it's looking might purty! Moved the trash can too. Now if someone really does need to puke, they'll likely miss, cuz now they will have to open the cupboard under the sink, pull out the trashcan, etc....
Yeah, it's a regular love fest! And it's a wall.

englishrose47
11-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Morning Winkers !!!!

Underdog369
11-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Along with the new 'fridge, the new stove will be here in less than 10 days. The cabinets were also ordered. We paid under $4000 for fantastic cabinets. The doors are really basic, but we are getting top of the line cabinetry. Best part is, it's all paid for.

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Charleston Princess
11-16-2009, 05:22 AM
I do hope we are going to get pictures of the gorgeous new kitchen when it is all finished. ::yes::

englishrose47
11-16-2009, 09:29 AM
I do hope we are going to get pictures of the gorgeous new kitchen when it is all finished. ::yes::

Me too !!!:thumbsup2

reelmom
11-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Along with the new 'fridge, the new stove will be here in less than 10 days. The cabinets were also ordered. We paid under $4000 for fantastic cabinets. The doors are really basic, but we are getting top of the line cabinetry. Best part is, it's all paid for.

Gotta love the fact that it is paid for. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Blueyed Girl
11-21-2009, 03:52 PM

:banana::banana::banana: Yes! Paid for is GOOD!! :thumbsup2

englishrose47
11-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Where Oh Where is Winkers ???????????????

glennbo123
11-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Where Oh Where is Winkers ???????????????

I was just thinking the same thing. I was going to post popcorn:: on her TR and thought I'd better check over here first.

jordanyosh
11-23-2009, 01:04 AM
popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

englishrose47
11-23-2009, 01:07 AM

Ditto !!!!:lmao::lmao:Could she be buried in the remodeling !! Or does she need a 5th man to pick he up!!!!:rotfl2:

eandesmom
11-23-2009, 01:18 AM

what he said!

winkers
11-23-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm alive! things are really crazy here with the remodeling. My house is a total disaster and it's driving me nuts.

I told everyone this year thanksgiving will be at McDonald's, because half of my kitchen is tore up and the other half has stuff stacked on it. Today I'm hiding in my room for awhile so I can pretend everything is clean and calm.

The only thing keeping me sane is thinking about our trip!

englishrose47
11-23-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm alive! things are really crazy here with the remodeling. My house is a total disaster and it's driving me nuts.

I told everyone this year thanksgiving will be at McDonald's, because half of my kitchen is tore up and the other half has stuff stacked on it. Today I'm hiding in my room for awhile so I can pretend everything is clean and calm.

I try hiding in my room tooo :lmao:But thy find me !!!!!1:rotfl2:Just think when it's al done how nice it will be !!!

eandesmom
11-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Can I hide in my room? No remodeling excuse it just sounds really nice.

Or a nap.

winkers
11-23-2009, 08:56 PM
I try hiding in my room tooo :lmao:But thy find me !!!!!1:rotfl2:Just think when it's al done how nice it will be !!!

Can I hide in my room? No remodeling excuse it just sounds really nice.

Or a nap.

it's much easier said then done!

I think my kids all have little radio antennas that go off whenever I'm alone.

It's just like no one wants to talk to me untill I'm on the phone and then suddenly I'm the most popular person ever.

All7OfUs
11-24-2009, 12:01 AM
I can totally relate. You have remodel, I have mini-crisis. Both induce room hiding. And you're right- doesn't matter if you try to hide- they always find you. Must be the secret choco cookies I snuck in with me that they smell.:lmao:

jordanyosh
11-24-2009, 12:56 AM

Kinda figured that's what was going on.

the trip will be here soon enough.

wsdl1085
11-24-2009, 04:42 AM
Another lurker coming out of lurkdom. Lurketude? Lurktation? Whatever.

I've read your previous TRs and laughed hysterically. Not at the amount of pain you had to endure, of course, but the fun your family had. They remind me a lot of my family and the craziness that ensues when everyone gets together, especially for a Disney World trip.

Anyways, I was excited when I saw tonight that you were planning another trip, and looking forward to reading about it. Then saw you'll be down there the same times my friends and I will (except we're leaving on the 9th). So exciting!! 70 days and counting!! Then I noticed that there is like a whole group of you meeting, most of whom I've read TRs from. So I guess what I'm really saying is that I would like to warn you and apologize now if some crazy red head starts screaming and running towards any of you wanting autographs. :rolleyes1 I really am a nice person, just slightly insane all of the time. :goodvibes

englishrose47
11-24-2009, 06:54 AM
Morning Winkers !!! I remeber when Judy was little .. a soon as I got on the phone she HAD to talk to me !!! After many threats she resorted to holding up notes !!:lmao::lmao:

winkers
11-24-2009, 10:14 AM
I can totally relate. You have remodel, I have mini-crisis. Both induce room hiding. And you're right- doesn't matter if you try to hide- they always find you. Must be the secret choco cookies I snuck in with me that they smell.:lmao:
what's going on? I'm so far behind on everyone's tr's.

the craziness and holidays will make it go by fast...I hope.

I've read your previous TRs and laughed hysterically. Not at the amount of pain you had to endure, of course, but the fun your family had. They remind me a lot of my family and the craziness that ensues when everyone gets together, especially for a Disney World trip.

Anyways, I was excited when I saw tonight that you were planning another trip, and looking forward to reading about it. Then saw you'll be down there the same times my friends and I will (except we're leaving on the 9th). So exciting!! 70 days and counting!! Then I noticed that there is like a whole group of you meeting, most of whom I've read TRs from. So I guess what I'm really saying is that I would like to warn you and apologize now if some crazy red head starts screaming and running towards any of you wanting autographs. :rolleyes1 I really am a nice person, just slightly insane all of the time. :goodvibes
I'm glad you came out of Lurketude...that's my favorite..!
You should join us for one of the dis meets! My brain is to frazzled from the pounding and nailguns right now, to tell you exactly when it is. Our contractors like to get an EARLY start.:headache:

Morning Winkers !!! I remeber when Judy was little .. a soon as I got on the phone she HAD to talk to me !!! After many threats she resorted to holding up notes !!:lmao::lmao:

When I was growing up, we didn't dare bug mom while she was on the phone...so we'd just stand there starring at her untill she hung up. My kids, don't seem to understand the concept of waiting untill I remove the phone from my ear...and what's funny is MIL does the same thing to me. She will walk into the room and it's obvious by the big black thing I'm holding on my head and talking into, that I'm on the phone. but the doesn't stop her, she'll just start talking to me.:confused3

eandesmom
11-24-2009, 10:28 AM
it's much easier said then done!

I think my kids all have little radio antennas that go off whenever I'm alone.

It's just like no one wants to talk to me untill I'm on the phone and then suddenly I'm the most popular person ever.

Or in the bathroom.

winkers
11-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Or in the bathroom.

even my dogs sit outside the bathroom door:rolleyes:

eandesmom
11-24-2009, 10:39 AM

even my dogs sit outside the bathroom door:rolleyes:

My cats follow me in. It's like really? No privacy here? It's not like they can sit in my LAP in there.

winkers
11-24-2009, 10:48 AM
My cats follow me in. It's like really? No privacy here? It's not like they can sit in my LAP in there.

my dogs try to follow me in, but it's a little disconcerting to have 2 sets of beady little eyes staring at you the entire time....performance anxiety?

All7OfUs
11-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Maybe they're trying to figure out the litter box/ toilet connection, and are just having a hard time...

eandesmom
11-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Maybe they're trying to figure out the litter box/ toilet connection, and are just having a hard time...

Hardly. It's more like WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY WATER BOWL?

Even more disconcerting when they try to jump in my lap....

All7OfUs
11-24-2009, 11:00 AM
I was going to say something to that effect, but thought, naw, not Cynthia's cats.

I guess they are all the same, having a hankering for that "aromatic" French water.... :rotfl2:

Blueyed Girl
11-24-2009, 11:12 AM

:lmao: I had one table that held a loaf of bread, my microwave, toaster, cereal boxes, and paper plates, cups & utensils. We ate take out.....A LOT!

YES IT WILL!! EYE ON THE PRIZE CHERIE!! Or in your case, 2 PRIZES!! :banana: A trip AND a new kitchen. :thumbsup2 Not bad.

So, what are your dates? Do you have a PTR too?? There seem to be a lot of people going this February!

wsdl1085
11-24-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm glad you came out of Lurketude...that's my favorite..!
You should join us for one of the dis meets! My brain is to frazzled from the pounding and nailguns right now, to tell you exactly when it is. Our contractors like to get an EARLY start.:headache:

We may just try. That is if I don't tell them what we're doing. They have already given me full power to plan as I wanted. Bad move on their part!

winkers
11-24-2009, 10:58 PM
I guess they are all the same, having a hankering for that "aromatic" French water.... :rotfl2:

:lmao: I had one table that held a loaf of bread, my microwave, toaster, cereal boxes, and paper plates, cups & utensils. We ate take out.....A LOT!

!
sounds like my set-up. we're about to only having the beds to sit on because everything else is slowly being covered up.
I had to stay in my room most of the day because it drives me crazy to look at the mess and not be able to do anything about it.

We may just try. That is if I don't tell them what we're doing. They have already given me full power to plan as I wanted. Bad move on their part!

yeah, family does get a little worried when you announce you're going to meet people from the internet.:rotfl2:

winkers
11-25-2009, 12:02 PM
How long is it healthy to be hidding in your room to avoid looking at a mess you can't do anything about?

At this point, I'm afraid it's going to end with me on the Oprah show in the middle of an intervention.

They'll find me either in a cornor twitching or hugging my new fridge, which is the only organized space in this house right now.

What's scary, is it's going to get worse. It'll be all sorts of crazy when they take out the staircase and flip it, so it's going the other direction.

Luckily, none of my family are huge lovers of turkey...so they're all ok with no big dinner tomorrow. Ok, so I bribbed them with junk food, but they're all happy and I just might be able to retain what little bit of my sanity is left.

I have a too do list a mile long, but when there's clutter around me I don't work well.

hmmm, maybe I need the Oprah intervention after all.:laughing:

eandesmom
11-25-2009, 12:56 PM
How long is it healthy to be hidding in your room to avoid looking at a mess you can't do anything about?

At this point, I'm afraid it's going to end with me on the Oprah show in the middle of an intervention.

They'll find me either in a cornor twitching or hugging my new fridge, which is the only organized space in this house right now.

What's scary, is it's going to get worse. It'll be all sorts of crazy when they take out the staircase and flip it, so it's going the other direction.

Luckily, none of my family are huge lovers of turkey...so they're all ok with no big dinner tomorrow. Ok, so I bribbed them with junk food, but they're all happy and I just might be able to retain what little bit of my sanity is left.

I have a too do list a mile long, but when there's clutter around me I don't work well.

I couldn't do it. The control freak in me would break down and they'd have to lock me up. Jeff and I really should have remodeled my house when we got married. But the prospect of doing so with 2 full time jobs and 4 kids was just more than we could take. Building is a whole lot easier if you aren't living in the house yet!

You are a stronger woman than I!

Blueyed Girl
11-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Oh wow!!! flipping the staircase????? :lmao: Yeah, you're in it pretty deep!! :flower3:

jordanyosh
11-25-2009, 03:13 PM

I hope you can get that intervention in before she goes off the air.

winkers
11-25-2009, 09:40 PM
You are a stronger woman than I!
not stronger....stupider.
:rolleyes:

Oh wow!!! flipping the staircase????? :lmao: Yeah, you're in it pretty deep!! :flower3:
that was d.jay's great idea...it should be interesting.

I hope you can get that intervention in before she goes off the air.

If the remodel goes on that long, I'll need a padded cell.

wsdl1085
11-25-2009, 09:52 PM
So, what are your dates? Do you have a PTR too?? There seem to be a lot of people going this February!

My friends and I arrive the evening of Feb 3rd and leaving the evening of 9th. I started a PTR like 4 months ago, and it got abandoned. Waaaaaayyyyyyyy too early to keep my attention. May pick it back up, but probably won't have much time for it with my work schedule. There do seem to be more and more people going this Feb... Hopefully that doesn't mean crazy crowds at the parks.

winkers
11-25-2009, 10:12 PM
In my effort to maintain sanity, I decided to go shopping.

Note to self....avoid walmart the day before thanksgiving.

I made a stop at the dollar store, one of my favorite places to shop. While I was in there I made the mistake of reaching for something, and SNAP...by bra strap broke.

Of course, I had on a t-shirt and no coat or jacket. I had a basket full of goodies that I didn't want to part with, so I quickly headed for the checkout. With every step, I could feel gravity taking hold and making me look a little lop-sidded.

I was able to make it to my car before my compass' were pointing in completly different directions. I looked around and then quickly tried to adjust things.

I was never "indecent" but there was a little scooping and swooshing going on. I got things back to normal and then reached to turn on the ignition.

As my eyes moved to the rear view mirror they were stopped by a slight movement from the car across from me.

There with a look close to this..:eek:.. was a teenage boy sitting and looking at me in horror.

..........I knew that would make you all laugh.

jordanyosh
11-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Oh to hear his side of the story....:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Poolrat
11-25-2009, 11:24 PM
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Wiping.
Tears.
from.
eyes.

breathe.

repeat.

Just when thought all your troubles were at home. They follow you out!!!

Blueyed Girl
11-25-2009, 11:40 PM
In my effort to maintain sanity, I decided to go shopping.

Note to self....avoid walmart the day before thanksgiving.

I made a stop at the dollar store, one of my favorite places to shop. While I was in there I made the mistake of reaching for something, and SNAP...by bra strap broke.

Of course, I had on a t-shirt and no coat or jacket. I had a basket full of goodies that I didn't want to part with, so I quickly headed for the checkout. With every step, I could feel gravity taking hold and making me look a little lop-sidded.

I was able to make it to my car before my compass' were pointing in completly different directions. I looked around and then quickly tried to adjust things.

I was never "indecent" but there was a little scooping and swooshing going on. I got things back to normal and then reached to turn on the ignition.

As my eyes moved to the rear view mirror they were stopped by a slight movement from the car across from me.

There with a look close to this..:eek:.. was a teenage boy sitting and looking at me in horror.

..........I knew that would make you all laugh.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Oh that is TOO FUNNY!!! And it sounds like something that would happen to me. I can never be slick. It seems like I always get caught!

reelmom
11-26-2009, 05:37 AM
If my bra strap broke, I would have had more "goodies" in the basket. Gravity is not my friend.

Charleston Princess
11-26-2009, 07:30 AM
:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

I am adding your wicked sense of humor that makes me laugh out loud when I am all alone and reading your updates to my list of things for which I am thankful!!! :laughing:

Happy Thanksgiving, Cherie, to you and your wonderful family!

Poolrat
11-26-2009, 09:28 AM
laughing all over again.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to the WINKERS clan

Will this Thanksgiving be the one remembered as the one when the house was under remodel ???? :laughing:

It will be a memory and maybe in time you will be able to laugh about it.
Wait , you already are.
Have a great day.:grouphug:

winkers
11-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Oh to hear his side of the story....:rotfl2::rotfl2:
I'm sure he's scarred for life.

:
Just when thought all your troubles were at home. They follow you out!!!
so true!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Oh that is TOO FUNNY!!! And it sounds like something that would happen to me. I can never be slick. It seems like I always get caught!
now I'm just praying there weren't security cameras.

If my bra strap broke, I would have had more "goodies" in the basket. Gravity is not my friend.

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

I am adding your wicked sense of humor that makes me laugh out loud when I am all alone and reading your updates to my list of things for which I am thankful!!! :laughing:

Happy Thanksgiving, Cherie, to you and your wonderful family!
thanks you! It makes me feel better knowing that some good came from my stupidity.

laughing all over again.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to the WINKERS clan

Will this Thanksgiving be the one remembered as the one when the house was under remodel ???? :laughing:

It will be a memory and maybe in time you will be able to laugh about it.
Wait , you already are.
Have a great day.:grouphug:

I'm sure it will be on the list of crazy memories my kids have. They're going to make some therapist very wealthy.

All7OfUs
11-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh, Cherie, you poor thing. :lmao:

funny, yet mortifying, all in the same moment. Too bad my stomach is too full from my gorging today to laugh properly!

By the way, Happy Thanksgiving!!

jordanyosh
11-26-2009, 04:00 PM
did you end up adding a day?

englishrose47
11-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Oh Cherie !!!:lmao: That poor boy he is probably gonna need life long therapy!!!:rotfl2:

You do have an interesting life !!! Never a dull moment!!!!

winkers
11-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Oh, Cherie, you poor thing. :lmao:

funny, yet mortifying, all in the same moment. Too bad my stomach is too full from my gorging today to laugh properly!

By the way, Happy Thanksgiving!!
Just thinking about it makes me blush! I was still embarassed 30 minutes later when I got home.

did you end up adding a day?
not yet, but the voices in my head are telling me to.

Oh Cherie !!!:lmao: That poor boy he is probably gonna need life long therapy!!!:rotfl2:

You do have an interesting life !!! Never a dull moment!!!!

you're right, it's never dull......

jordanyosh
11-26-2009, 06:54 PM
we must be listening to the same voices.

winkers
11-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Our thanksgiving feast consisted of bbq sandwiches, chips and all sorts of snack foods. I think it was the best ever. We snacked and watched UP, which made me cry harder than the first time I saw it.

This has been the most relaxing thanksgiving ever. Normally, I'm stressed all morning and then spend the rest of the day cleaning up after the meal.

Our usual tradition is to go around the table and everyone say at least one thing they're thankful for, this year I put everyone's name on a piece of paper and then passed them around for everyone to write something they were thankful for about that person.

I couldn't believe the heart felt thoughts my kids put down for eachother. It's easy to forget what awesome kids I have, when they're fighting and annoying eachother.
Watching each of their faces as we read the papers out loud was priceless. So for christmas, I'm going to frame the papers and hang them in their rooms.

It made me realize how much I take the people in my life for granted and don't express how I feel often enough.

So, to all my dis friends....thank you! You have all touched my life in more ways than I would have thought possible when I first joined. You are like my personal cheering section and therapist all rolled into one!

jordanyosh
11-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Love you my friend.

I LOVE YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

I had Del Taco. I'm feeling a bit exhausted today so I stayed home instead of driving 2 hours to have dinner with family.

winkers
11-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Love you my friend.

I LOVE YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

I had Del Taco. I'm feeling a bit exhausted today so I stayed home instead of driving 2 hours to have dinner with family.

We all love you too! My kids are still mad that they aren't going with us to meet you!

I bet your family missed you! But I can understand not wanting to drive that far. did you at least bring Binder to del taco with you?:laughing:

Charleston Princess
11-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Ah, Cherie, what a great idea!!! I love that you all did that!!! :goodvibes

All7OfUs
11-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time with family- relaxing. easy. nice!

Blueyed Girl
11-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Our thanksgiving feast consisted of bbq sandwiches, chips and all sorts of snack foods. I think it was the best ever. We snacked and watched UP, which made me cry harder than the first time I saw it.

This has been the most relaxing thanksgiving ever. Normally, I'm stressed all morning and then spend the rest of the day cleaning up after the meal.

Our usual tradition is to go around the table and everyone say at least one thing they're thankful for, this year I put everyone's name on a piece of paper and then passed them around for everyone to write something they were thankful for about that person.

I couldn't believe the heart felt thoughts my kids put down for eachother. It's easy to forget what awesome kids I have, when they're fighting and annoying eachother.
Watching each of their faces as we read the papers out loud was priceless. So for christmas, I'm going to frame the papers and hang them in their rooms.

It made me realize how much I take the people in my life for granted and don't express how I feel often enough.

So, to all my dis friends....thank you! You have all touched my life in more ways than I would have thought possible when I first joined. You are like my personal cheering section and therapist all rolled into one!

:love: Ok,I am totally crying now! That is such a sweet Thanksgiving story. I think the gift for Christmas will be a wonderful surprise for them!

PS- You have touched our lives more than you know too!:hug: I'm glad I found you and your family and other friends here on the Dis. Totally priceless!

All7OfUs
11-27-2009, 12:45 PM
I totally second that!! I have been so blessed and supported here with my DISfamily. You all are great, and just reading stories like this and many others inspires me.

jordanyosh
11-27-2009, 12:51 PM
We all love you too! My kids are still mad that they aren't going with us to meet you!

we'll have to do some "special" stuff for them.....;)

I bet your family missed you! But I can understand not wanting to drive that far. did you at least bring Binder to del taco with you?:laughing:

I worked on the Binder all day yesterday

:love: Ok,I am totally crying now! That is such a sweet Thanksgiving story. I think the gift for Christmas will be a wonderful surprise for them!

PS- You have touched our lives more than you know too!:hug: I'm glad I found you and your family and other friends here on the Dis. Totally priceless!

:hug::hug::hug:

I know. Makes me wonder why our family doesn't do something like that..

I totally second that!! I have been so blessed and supported here with my DISfamily. You all are great, and just reading stories like this and many others inspires me.
:hug::hug::hug:

jordanyosh
11-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Cherie,

What are you thinking as far as the extra day and switching to Pop. I know things like this can change day-to-day.;)

vamassey1
11-27-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm getting caught up. First you made me LOL and then cry. I love what you did for your Thanksgiving dinner.

winkers
11-28-2009, 11:05 AM
thanks! about once a year I have a good idea...and actually follow through with it!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with family- relaxing. easy. nice!
it was the most relaxing thanksgiving ever!

:
:hug:

:lovestruc

we'll have to do some "special" stuff for them.....;)

:
I'm sure you can think of some special things!:rotfl2:

Cherie,

What are you thinking as far as the extra day and switching to Pop. I know things like this can change day-to-day.;)
I'm thinking it's going to happen...I'm just waiting for d.jay to find out if he can add the extra day work-wise.

I'm getting caught up. First you made me LOL and then cry. I love what you did for your Thanksgiving dinner.

we may have a new tradition! It was so nice to sleep in that morning.

englishrose47
11-28-2009, 11:16 AM
I love those relaxing Holidays !! Ours was that way ! I bough sausage biscuits to microwave and made scrambled eggs , no more full cooke breaksasts with sit down settings for us , we ate infrnt of the TV watching the Parade !! Dinner was simple too everyone fixed their plate from the stove and we did all it down togeher BUT we used PAPER PLATES!!!! So much more enjoyable !! I think I would be afraid to ask Kyle to say something about Steph !!:scared1::rotfl2: Ihave made Christmas Crackers with them and had them write a note about what Christmas means to them !! That went well !!!:banana:
Now Winkers what time at Raglan Road and Kouzzinas !!!!!!????:rotfl2:

winkers
11-28-2009, 11:20 AM
I think I need a psych evaluation.
After a nice relaxing thanksgiving day, I stayed up and went to wal-mart at midnight.

They had some sales that started at midnight and some of 5 a.m. I spent a few hours there then went to breakfast and back to crazy land. I don't know why I put myself through the torture of black fridays.

Around 8:30 I was done with my shopping. I was at about 28 hours with no sleep. I went home, threatened my family with a slow painful death if they woke me up, and went to bed.

I slept untill 4 this morning, minus a few hours in between.:eek:

I have my first major revision to the trip.....details later.

englishrose47
11-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Now I know you are avoiding Me !!!:lmao: I hdplans to ge the accordian too!!:lmao:Plus I have been practicising my Royal Curtesy !!!:rotfl:

englishrose47
11-28-2009, 12:42 PM
On previous trips, I've planned and planned and planned somemore. Studied the hours of each park and agonized over where to eat and getting up at 3a.m. to make the adr's.

I guess I'm slipping....or becoming a little more normal...depending on who you ask.

I have 3 months till the trip and I'm only on my 1st draft of the itenerary.
I've decided that this trip will be drama free and full of relaxing. That should be interesting because we've never taken a relaxing vacation.

But this time feels different. Since it's just the 2 of us and we've been several times before, I don't feel the need to cram as much into the time as possible.
We know what are our must do's are and what we don't need to worry about.

This trip, I'm not focused on every ropedrop......we'll see how well that goes.;)

So here's the first draft....I'm sure it will change a few if not many times...I'm still waiting for the hours to be released.:headache:

Feb 4th..DHS
dinner @ Raglan Road with Rosie!

Feb 5th..Animal Kingdom
Dinner Chef Defrance....I just hope I don't have to pronounce it correctly to be seated..

Feb 6th..free morning
Dinner @ Kona
Dis meet at MK in the evening

Feb 7th..Epcot F.W.

dinner Tuotto Italia
free evening

Feb 8th..Free morning
World showcase in evening
dinner @ Kouzzina with Jordan and Rosie

Feb 9th..MK morning
dinner @ Tony's

It's still pretty basic but I'm sure that will change with time and my ocd-ness.

See NO TIME!!!!!!:lmao:Maybe I need to camp out thre from 3pm till close :rotfl2:

jordanyosh
11-28-2009, 01:04 PM
I think I need a psych evaluation.
After a nice relaxing thanksgiving day, I stayed up and went to wal-mart at midnight.

They had some sales that started at midnight and some of 5 a.m. I spent a few hours there then went to breakfast and back to crazy land. I don't know why I put myself through the torture of black fridays.

Around 8:30 I was done with my shopping. I was at about 28 hours with no sleep. I went home, threatened my family with a slow painful death if they woke me up, and went to bed.

I slept untill 4 this morning, minus a few hours in between.:eek:

I have my first major revision to the trip.....details later.

You are an ANIMAL.:worship::worship:

And thanks for leaving us hanging, especially those of us traveling with you....:):)

englishrose47
11-28-2009, 01:08 PM

And thanks for leaving us hanging, especially those of us traveling with you....:):)

But I have a time for Kouzzinas now Thanks Jordan!!!:worship:

jordanyosh
11-28-2009, 01:12 PM

No problem...:thumbsup2

winkers
11-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Now I know you are avoiding Me !!!:lmao: I hdplans to ge the accordian too!!:lmao:Plus I have been practicising my Royal Curtesy !!!:rotfl:

See NO TIME!!!!!!:lmao:Maybe I need to camp out thre from 3pm till close :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: sorry! I wasn't ignoring you on purpose!

I'm looking forward to my accordian serenade.

Raglan Rd is @ 6:30 and Kouzina 7:50.......I'll be the one wearing team jordy boxer shorts.

nope, just lacking in common sense.;)

I thought I'd give you something to look forward to. Plus, you already kinda know about the changes.

he is the all knowing one when it comes to schedules!

jordanyosh
11-28-2009, 03:00 PM
ok. i will wait patiently.:)

englishrose47
11-28-2009, 03:54 PM
:rotfl2: sorry! I wasn't ignoring you on purpose!

I'm looking forward to my accordian serenade.

Raglan Rd is @ 6:30 and Kouzina 7:50.......I'll be the one wearing team jordy boxer shorts.

nope, just lacking in common sense.;)

I thought I'd give you something to look forward to. Plus, you already kinda know about the changes.

he is the all knowing one when it comes to schedules!

Now I have a new QUEST Solo and in SEARCH of An Accordian !!!:lmao:

I am becoming totaly OCD have to have all the times 2 full months ahead !:rotfl2:

I kinda know about the changes ... maybe you will meet Elisa !!!:yay:

winkers
11-28-2009, 05:54 PM
ok. i will wait patiently.:)
patience is a virtue....:rotfl2:

Now I have a new QUEST Solo and in SEARCH of An Accordian !!!:lmao:

I am becoming totaly OCD have to have all the times 2 full months ahead !:rotfl2:

I kinda know about the changes ... maybe you will meet Elisa !!!:yay:

The perfect way for you to learn....

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k200/erickjaimez/ACHERO1.jpg

englishrose47
11-29-2009, 12:22 AM
patience is a virtue....:rotfl2:

I'll haveto check out Kyle PS2 collection !!! A 7 year old boy is bound to have that one :lmao:

Blueyed Girl
11-29-2009, 10:07 AM

NO WAY!!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

englishrose47
11-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Is he Italian by any chance ??????:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Winkers are you going to MK for Spectro on the 6th???? I am meeting Blue and Scott after my Tony's ressie to watch it !!!! Jordan will you be there in time?????

Native NYer
11-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Don't know how I missed this. Work gets in the way of so much :rotfl2:

Can't wait to read more!

Blueyed Girl
11-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Winkers are you going to MK for Spectro on the 6th???? I am meeting Blue and Scott after my Tony's ressie to watch it !!!! Jordan will you be there in time?????

Rosie, we will be meeting up with everyone after that. We won't be finished with our dining reservation at Epcot in time for Spectro. I'm still not sure what Scott's dining plans are either. :confused3

jordanyosh
11-29-2009, 09:21 PM

Rosie, we will be meeting up with everyone after that. We won't be finished with our dining reservation at Epcot in time for Spectro. I'm still not sure what Scott's dining plans are either. :confused3

I am not leaving MK after I arrive at 1pm. I may run out to greet Wendy and Derek when they get to the resort at around 6pm...other than that, I'm game for just about anything.

All7OfUs
11-29-2009, 10:06 PM
??

Yes, definitely, he is one HOT Italian!!! :lmao:

winkers
11-30-2009, 10:52 AM
...other than that, I'm game for just about anything.

what exactly aren't you game for?:rolleyes1

I had some pole dancing scheduled.

jordanyosh
11-30-2009, 10:55 AM
what exactly aren't you game for?:rolleyes1

I had some pole dancing scheduled.

Only if you wear pink spandex..;)

All7OfUs
11-30-2009, 10:58 AM
This I"ve GOT to see; keep in mind that next year's Christmas cards will be wanting some material...

jordanyosh
11-30-2009, 11:01 AM
This I"ve GOT to see; keep in mind that next year's Christmas cards will be wanting some material...

Yes, pink spandex with pluto something or other......;)

winkers
11-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Only if you wear pink spandex..;)

Yes, pink spandex with pluto something or other......;)

that would ensure me a one way ticket to the looney bin!:rotfl:

My family is already worried about me.

jordanyosh
11-30-2009, 11:09 AM
that would ensure me a one way ticket to the looney bin!:rotfl:

My family is already worried about me.

your family aren't the only ones worried.;):rotfl2:

winkers
11-30-2009, 11:11 AM
your family aren't the only ones worried.;):rotfl2:

pot....kettle.......

All7OfUs
11-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Maybe we should start a group therapy session-

Wanted: Counselor for Pole Dancer Wannabe's, Distraught-over-no-end-of-trip-tradition DISsers, and those who've been assaulted by Pluto. Must have large sense of humor, and a big heart. Salary low, (they have no money left- it's all gone to the Mouse) benefits: Free advice on binder making. Risk: Quite large; people will wonder after some time, "What happened to you?".

winkers
11-30-2009, 11:40 AM

Wanted: Counselor for Pole Dancer Wannabe's, Distraught-over-no-end-of-trip-tradition DISsers, and those who've been assaulted by Pluto. Must have large sense of humor, and a big heart. Salary low, (they have no money left- it's all gone to the Mouse) benefits: Free advice on binder making. Risk: Quite large; people will wonder after some time, "What happened to you?".

just inhaled Dr. Pepper....:rotfl2:

jordanyosh
11-30-2009, 11:41 AM
pot....kettle.......

thank goodness no beverage or I woulda spit it out.

jordanyosh
11-30-2009, 11:42 AM

Where does this stuff come from?

winkers
11-30-2009, 02:24 PM
My aunt sent this to me and I had to share! It took me at least 30 minutes to stop laughing after I read it.

ONLY A MAN WOULD ATTEMPT THIS

Just try reading this without laughing till you cry!!!

Pocket Tazer Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife. A guy who purchased his lovely wife a pocket Tazer for their anniversary submitted this:

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was our 15th anniversary and I was looking for a little something extra for my wife Julie. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse- sized tazer. The effects of the tazer were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety....??

WAY TOO COOL!

Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home.. I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button and pressed it against a metal surface at the same time; I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs.

AWESOME!!!

Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Julie what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-A batteries, right? There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target. I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) and thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised.. Am I wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and tazer in another. The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.

All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference; pretty cute really and (loaded with two itsy, bitsy triple-A batteries) thinking to myself, 'no possible way!' What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best.. .?

I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side as to say, 'don't do it dip****,' reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad. I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it. I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and . . .. . . . . .

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD . . WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION . . . WHAT THE HELL!!!

I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs? The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.

Note: If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a tazer, one note of caution: there is no such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor.. A three second burst would be considered conservative?

IT HURT LIKE HELL!!!

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace. The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was. My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I had no control over the drooling.

Apparently I pooped on myself, but was too numb to know for sure and my sense of smell was gone. I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head which I believe came from my hair. I'm still looking for my nuts and I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!

P.S. My wife, can't stop laughing about my experience, loved the gift, and now regularly threatens me with it!
If you think education is difficult, try being stupid !!!

All7OfUs
11-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Still. laughing.

It's been a while since reading it.