PDA

View Full Version : Transportation help

Lizal
07-14-2002, 08:23 PM
What is the best way to get from the airport to RPH? Thinking of just a taxi unless anyone has a better idea. Does anyone know what cab fare is to and from the airport? TIA..

betterlatethannever
07-14-2002, 09:35 PM
Don't know what the Taxi fare is.

But, we used QUICK transportation last month (came with the package). They were very good. Had our own van (there were five of us). Driver was waiting for us as we came down the escalator to baggage claim. They are affiliated with USF just as Mears is affiliated with WDW.

I don't know how much they charge since it was part of a package.

Ed

gschmerl
07-14-2002, 10:24 PM
We used Mears. $14 per person one way. How many people are in your party. If you are three or more people, it usually pays to hire a towncar.

Lizal
07-15-2002, 12:38 PM
We have four in our party. Were do I find info on the Towncar? I noted several people did this on the Disney Cruise. Is is the same operator? Is there any chance they would let us stop by the grocery?

Also wondering if Mears goes straight to the hotel or stops several places along the way?

JC Butterfly
07-15-2002, 04:33 PM
Hello-

I have used Tiffany Towncar for our last 3 trips to Disney and had very good service with them.

For this trip I had a bit more "complicated" itinerary requests and sent them to Tiffany, ********, and Florida Tours. Tiffany was not very accomodating via email. ******** never wrote back and Florida tours offered a very quick response time (and they are a board sponsor).

I mentioned that I am a DIS member and they quoted me a rate of $40 one way or $75 round trip to the Hard Rock Hotel. It is also expected that you will tip your driver 20%. When you rent a towncar, you agree to a price upfront from point A to point B so if the traffic is particularly slow, you still pay the same rate.

Contrarily when I asked Yellow Cab company for a quote they said the minimum cost would be $35 one way but they do charge you for sitting in traffic so I am much happier to just have someone pick me up when they say they will and not stop anywhere else along the way (yes, Mears will do that).

Also, you can put it on your credit card and that's less cash to carry.

Yes, if you ask in advance most towncar companies will allow you a 30 minute "courtesy stop" at a grocery of their choosing.

Brenda