PDA

View Full Version : MIB for DD age 4

dg141
10-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi would like to know what you lot think about MIB is it suitable for my 4 year old DD.
She loved Buzz space ranger at Disneyland Paris.
Any ideas.
Thanks Dave.

disney_princess_85
10-25-2009, 11:01 AM
The ride concept is very similar to Buzz, so no problems there. It's quite a dark ride though, so if she is scared of the dark I'd give it a miss.

Shazzie B
10-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Likely to be very little queue - so you could give it a go 1st and see what you think.

I'm not sure I'd describe as 'dark' - more dim lighting. Obviously not so 'cartoony' and colourful as Space Ranger Spin- but monsters aren't overly scary, I can't remember anything 'jumping out' which would be scary for a 4yr old. Your vehicles go though 'evening' street scenes and you shoot monsters. At one point other vehicles can 'shoot' your vehicle which makes it spin suddenly - I'd warn her about that. The cars hold 5-6 people so families can all go together.

MIB didn't ever frighten my DD but she was slightly older 6-7; and she was afraid of the dark. There are still rides/shows she won't do. Tough to be a bug in AK for example.

karengr
10-25-2009, 12:11 PM
My daughter ( who is the biggest scardy cat out) did MIB first when she was 4 and loved it.

jharrowell
10-25-2009, 12:42 PM
I've ridden MIB a few times and don't think it'll be a problem apart from the end when "Z" tells you to "push the red button!" (smoke, noise and spinning)

I'd go with a PPs suggestion of riding yourself first and making a judgement call after you have.

rpbert1
10-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Don't see anyprobs, spins in a couple of places, and i would not say its dark, heres a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZGZXbH-D7E&NR=1

T16GEM
10-26-2009, 08:00 AM
Is she tall enough? there is a height restriction of 42" on MIB :)

Trixster
10-27-2009, 04:08 AM
My DS went on it last year when he was 4 and felt that it was too dark and scary. He had no problem going on Buzz which is on the whle a lot lighter. If your DD has an issue with the dark I would seriously consider skipping it. You don't want to put her off the ride forever. IMO Buzz and TSMM are far superior rides. I sill love MIB but you can't beat the disney rides.