PDA

View Full Version : Hotel at Gatwick?

PudseyChancer
10-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Am looking at changing our plans for next years holidays due to the ridiculous prices for August flights, flying from Gatwick as opposed to Manchester, with BA is looking really favourable. Can anyone recommend any hotels to stay at Gatwick prior to flying the following day?

Not really worried about the price, looking for the best, decent restaurant and facilities - anyone got any recommendations? :thumbsup2

snookhams
10-25-2009, 01:58 AM
We have stayed at the Hilton twice now and would return again (looking for a hotel at Heathrow this year as we are flying to Miami). We had family rooms at the Hilton and both times the rooms were huge we had a kingsize bed and two singles for the boys, and a table and chairs. our rooms both overlooked the atrium, we did not use the hotels restaurant though so can't recommend them for that, as they are just a walkway into the airport we usually eat at a pub there, I think it is a weatherspoons, well if not it is like one, and the food has always been really good, plentiful and surprisinbly reasonable. We have never used the parking at the hilton, but I know that sometimes you can get a deal in with a nights stay - hope this helps

wickesy
10-25-2009, 05:04 AM
I can highly recommend the Sofitel, which we've stayed in for the past three years. It's attached to the North Terminal but just a short ride on the monorail (once it's back up and running) to the South Terminal if you are flying from there.

Elise79
10-25-2009, 05:23 AM
If you are flying BA they go from the North terminal. The Sofitel is attached to the North Terminal while the Hilton is attached to the South (where Virgin fly from)

We have stayed at both hotels and much prefere the Sofitel. The room are lighter and you can get some that over look the airport which is quite nice to watch the planes coming and going.

kristieuk
10-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Another vote for the Sofitel, especially if you fly with BA out of the North Terminal. If you join their A Club (which is a free to join loyalty card), you also get free drinks vouchers for all travellers which is great!

Kevin Stringer
10-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Having stayed at both, I agree that the Sofitel is the nicer hotel. There are several restaurants (all a bit pricey) but the Bistro style place is reasonable value and very pleasant.

Kev

PudseyChancer
10-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks all for the advice, had a look at the Sofitel which does indeed look very good - have joined the A-Club (thanks Kristieuk! :goodvibes ) and will be booking shortly.

Cheers! :thumbsup2

scojos
10-27-2009, 04:05 PM
have you thought about cashing in your tesco vouchers? accor accept them (parent company) might be worth a phone call...
tracy