View Full Version : aug flights? who is looking...?

10-24-2009, 07:29 AM
i was just wondering who else on here is looking for flights next july or august and if you have found any bargains yet?

10-24-2009, 07:51 AM
No bargains yet Tracy.
I have even considered going a crazy way, Drive to Heathrow, fly direct Virgin to Miami then drive upto WDW. Same route back. Economy outbound, Upper class return 960 + 8,500 miles. When you compare to Manchester return at 823 in economy its a great price but such a long way around, decided to be patient and wait.

10-24-2009, 08:18 AM
we would have to drive, either to MAN or london area, we have checked flights into miami too (would overnight in miami then travel up the next day...) but as we have no m+m we are stuck with rack rate prices, just thought id ask i know loads of people have booked with the 42% free ddp, so loads of us are probably hunting flights.
on the Dibb general thought is costs will drop xmas time...

10-24-2009, 08:28 AM
thats a good rpice wayne, We are looking at upgrading on the way back to help with the twins but getting a price of 1500+ for economy and PE on way back so may look into MIA

10-24-2009, 08:58 AM
waiting patiently too, paid over the odds last year to go with
flyglobespan, not making that mistake this time.

we looking for flights last weekend july but no luck yet

10-24-2009, 10:14 AM
We're also waiting patiently - have had it confirmed that now isn't a good time to be selling flats so we definitely get to go on our anniversary trip :cloud9:

Have got the money to pay for flights outright (been doing overtime!) but don't want to pay crazy prices.

Looking to fly out on the 14th or a couple of days earlier.

10-24-2009, 12:48 PM
cool, i thought it would be fun to know who else is looking, doesnt seem as many as on the dibb...:rolleyes1
we hope to go on the 3rd, but flights are way too expensive at mo.

10-24-2009, 01:15 PM
We are looking around the 12th July for 3 weeks. Want a direct flight from Man to Mco with Virgin. We want to book before 25th Nov. so we can get the extra weight allowance. I keep looking daily.

10-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Another one waiting here - booked SSR for 14-28 August but waiting for flight prices to come down still

10-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Yes, we are looking too, intend to go about the 14th August, returning around the 3rd of September, the prices at the moment are just too high, like Wayne says patience is required, although it is difficult :rotfl2:

10-24-2009, 02:23 PM
I havent booked SSR yet but looking at the flights too either August or September - but dependent on when DD has to be at Uni

10-25-2009, 04:47 AM
We want to book before 25th Nov. so we can get the extra weight allowance. I keep looking daily.

Is the VA luggage allowance changing for transatlantic flights? :confused3

10-25-2009, 04:56 AM
Is the VA luggage allowance changing for transatlantic flights? :confused3

Yes Nigel, new guide here. Only 1 x 23kg bag each in future in economy


10-25-2009, 05:52 AM
We've decided to invest in some sturdy but lightweight holdalls for future trips - ones that are about as big as they can be! Our very lovely suitcase set will only beused for holidays in this country from now on :sad2: