PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan

marandr
10-23-2009, 03:28 PM
We're planning a trip next year with my brother and his family. Are we able to split the dining credits between our two families or are they lumped all togheter.

I don't want to keep track of credits that my family uses seperate from my brothers.

Is this possible.

I know when we went earlier this year (just my family) all credits were pooled togehter. Which is perfect for us. Just not when we have another family along.

Thanks in advance.

dianeschlicht
10-23-2009, 03:33 PM
No, all the dining credits are linked together as part of the reservation. That means you have to make sure your guests know the rules and intend to live by them. We had a problem with that once where one family used too many TS credits, but it was no biggie. Frankly, we find it costs us a LOT less to pay out of pocket for our dining and use the TIW card for discounts. We kept a very detailed record a couple trips ago, and what we ate versus the cost of the DDP plus tips etc. Our OOP plus TIW came out nearly $200 cheaper one time and $155 cheaper another over the DDP.

bumbershoot
10-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Over on the Disigns board, there are people who will make up really cute dining plan cards that spell out how many meals/snacks you have. YOu could get those, laminate them (or not), give them to each family unit, so they could keep track of what they had used. Keep 'em on track. :)

marandr
10-23-2009, 04:48 PM
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the tips and help. Still trying to figure out what we're going to do.

Much appreciated!

DebbieB
10-23-2009, 05:05 PM
If you are all in the same room, you can't split them. Separate rooms you can.

Deb & Bill
10-23-2009, 07:34 PM
If you get a one bedroom for your family and a studio for the rest of the family, you could get separate dining for each villa. But there is no guarantee that you would be close to each other.

CarolMN
10-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Moved from DVC Boards.

Dining Plans work the same for DVC members as they do for everyone else.