PDA

View Full Version : Im in shock !!

buzz for boys
10-22-2009, 06:46 AM
Received a phone call last night to say that 1 of my closest friends had been took to hospital by air ambulance and that she was now in a coma and in a really bad way - shes only 42 !!
I cant believe it there is bleeding on her brain and the outlook doesnt look good. The family have asked me not to go the hospital but i feel so useless here and i need to tell her that I really appreciate her being a good friend and all the help she has given me over the last 11years . She has a 12 yr old son who has no idea at the moment that his mom is so ill what do i do sitting her waiting for news is driving me mad.

disney_princess_85
10-22-2009, 06:48 AM
:( I'm sorry to hear this. I'm afraid there's not a lot you can do right now, just try to stay positive and keep yourself busy so you're not driving yourself mad. Good luck.

mandymouse
10-22-2009, 06:57 AM
:hug: So sorry to hear this sad news about your friend Louise :hug: You are both in my thoughts

buzz for boys
10-22-2009, 07:04 AM
Just had a call to say that the hospital are turning the machines off and theres nothing more they can do!! I cant believe it just wish i had said all the things i wanted to say :sad1:

binkytell
10-22-2009, 07:07 AM
oh thats such awful news, your in my thoughts :grouphug:

Tinks1984
10-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Oh terrible news, youíre in my thoughts buzz :sad1:

Iím sure, although you did not get to tell your friend this time how much she meant to you, she would have already known that and would have never thought anything worse of you.

Thoughts and prayers go out to you, your family and your friendís family at such a sad time :hug: :hug:

disney_princess_85
10-22-2009, 07:43 AM
How awful, I'm so sorry. It's terrible when something like this happens so suddenly, with no warning. As Rachel said, I'm sure your friend knew just how much you appreciated her. :hug:

Chilly
10-22-2009, 08:39 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that. :hug:

You can help your friend by being their for her son in the future and i'm sure she'll know from where ever she is.

strawberry blonde
10-22-2009, 08:41 AM
I am so sorry to hear your news. As friends, I'm sure you both know what you mean to each other. You don't always have to say the words, you just know.
Sending both your family and your friends lots of love. :grouphug:

emily1982
10-22-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm so sorry to hear your news:hug:

I'm sure your friend new how much you appreciated her and cared for her, maybe in a few days you could write it down as if you were writing a letter to her.

jjk
10-22-2009, 09:22 AM
so sorry to hear your news :hug:

T16GEM
10-22-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm so sorry, what sad news :hug:

CustardTart
10-22-2009, 09:29 AM
That's terribly sad, Louise and how awful for your friend's family - it's going to be such a tough time for them... :sad2: Hope you can find a way to show how much you cared for her tho', like the others say, I'm sure she knew... :hug: :hug: :hug:

mikki.young
10-22-2009, 09:50 AM
What sad news. Her family and yours are in my thoughts.

Pinky166
10-22-2009, 09:56 AM
So sorry to hear that Louise. :hug:

My thoughts go out to you and your friends family. :hug:

jen_uk
10-22-2009, 03:43 PM
So sorry to hear this :hug::hug::hug:

wideeyes
10-22-2009, 04:07 PM
I am sorry to hear your sad news:hug:

joolz1910
10-22-2009, 04:24 PM
What awful news. I am so sorry for you. Like others have said, you can show your love for her by being there for her son.

irisheyes123
10-22-2009, 05:10 PM
So sorry to hear what you are going trough :hug:

Netty
10-22-2009, 05:22 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
so sorry to hear this

TotallyAngelic
10-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Sorry to hear the tragic news about your friend Louise :hug::hug:

suzycute
10-23-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend - such a shock and so unexpected.

Exactly the same thing happened to a friend of mine just over three years ago - she was just 51 - and her daughter, who was 14, was with her when she collapsed. The family had some small comfort as her organs were donated to others when life support was switched off.

However it leaves friends and family reeling - the suddenness is so shocking. My friend hadn't unpacked her Waitrose shopping she'd just done which was still in its bags in the kitchen when I went round.

As one of her closest friends, you will be incredibly important to the family now - although it's hard to know what to say, your concern will mean so much. It's so easy to think of all the things you should have said had you known what would happen, but, unfortunately, we're not equipped with a crystal ball. Your friend would have known you cared and would be glad of any help or comfort you can give her family now - or in the difficult few months to come. My thoughts are with you and your friends family. :grouphug:

craigs bride
10-23-2009, 09:30 PM
my thoughts are with you and her family at this time :hug::hug:

florida sun
10-24-2009, 11:40 AM
So sorry to hear this:hug:

buzz for boys
10-25-2009, 06:02 AM
Thanks for all the messages guys - Ive not been online the last couple of days cam had to go back to hospital on friday and to be honest I think stress finally caught up with me and i seem to have slept for 3 days solid I am going to see my friends family today but they are extremly close and seem to have closed ranks and not allowing anyone to help at all - for now im just going to go round in person and offer again x
My kids are shocked to the core and its really hard to try and keep everything normal but i think when you have kids you find how to put a brave face on and smile even when everything around you seems to be trying to force you to not.