10-22-2009, 04:46 AM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ FlyLady
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

This month's Habit is: Paper Clutter
Zone of the week - Zone 4 - The Master Bedroom

~The Daily Grind~ 10/22/09

It's The Day Before Friday!!!!! :banana:

We had a very nice dinner out with DsS27. Sushi/Asian restaurant. Got DH to try sushi for the first time...had a good laugh about him and chopsticks too :lmao: Good night all in all though...

My List for Today:

Caffeinate http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/smiley/smiley_drinkcoffee.gif This repeats every day!!

Stay on points!

365 pic...

Work till 3p

15 min in Zone
15 min in Pit

Dinner.... :confused3

Have a Great Day Everyone!! :teeth:

joyah
10-22-2009, 04:59 AM
morning all

think I figured out why I'm up. 5 years ago today we lost my wonderful MIL to Breast cancer that returned in her liver. Rita you'd be so proud of your grandsons and the little men they are growing up to be. They miss you dearly.

Okay on with the day.
No school here
boys up and they can feed themselves.
laundry
vac and sweep still haven't done
make sure crop stuff is packed and put in truck
print out ugly letter send with DH to practice for coach she's not happy with the tone the board used
finish making dinner roast is in the crockpot need to throw in potato and carrot
get dh and boys out the door to swim
me head for crop
leave all home thoughts at home and enjoy myself

Hope you all have a wonderful day

Deb sushi yuck can't even get cooked fish in my mouth. Did DH like it?

ddavis860
10-22-2009, 05:25 AM
Yeah DH liked it. I don't get the kind that has the big honking raw fish on the top anyway. Too gross for me... Most of what we got was cooked insides, or that crab stuff...

StitchIsOurHero
10-22-2009, 06:05 AM
Christy--:hug: to you today!!
Deb--glad the dinner went well, and way to go to your DH for trying sushi! I just can't bring myself to do it!!

It's THURSDAY!! My favorite day of the week!!

Here's my list:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Empty dishwasher
4. Put cards with stuff for DH to mail
5. DS up
6. DS to mom's
7. Work
8. Pick up DS
9. Send DH a Walmart list
10. Fold laundry
11. Wash towels & whites
12. Clean both bathrooms
13. Journal some pages
14. Pack for weekend!!
15. Watch DVR'd episode
16. P365 pic
17. Go to sleep sort of early!

Everyone have a terrific Thursday!!

rlovew
10-22-2009, 07:00 AM
Good Morning!

Today:
Make breakfast in the room
Head to Ak- Rainforest Caf for lunch at 11:40
Relax in the afternoon
Halloween Party at MK tonight

Rebecca

morgansmom2000
10-22-2009, 07:57 AM
I'm doing errands today. Well, a few. No where near as many as Tuesday. I do need to get to the library and PrincessM and I have an appointment to pick up our new glasses this afternoon. I am chaining myself to my dining room table (with a long chain, so I can get to the kitchen), and sewing!

There's something wrong with my laptop, it won't startup. I'm hoping it will once it cools down. It gets sooooo hot!

Hope everyone has a great day!

ZeroToHero
10-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Deb - Yum, sushi! I loveeee salmon rolls.
Christy - :hug: I hope you have a wonderful time at the crop, and are able to leave everything behind like you said
Rebecca - Enjoy MNSSHP! Are you at Bay Lake? If so, how do you like it?
Jennifer - What are you working on?

Today:
Up
Call insurance company and answer their questions
Go to TB's for a bit?
Head to school
SGA meeting
Classes
Home

There's a second night meeting, but I'm really not feeling it - I don't want to go and not get anything done, because I hate getting home that late in the night by myself.

rlovew
10-22-2009, 08:51 AM
No we are staying at Saratoga Springs this time. We will be at Bay Lake in Nov. for that trip.

Rebecca

rlovew
10-22-2009, 08:51 AM
No we are staying at Saratoga Springs this time. We will be at Bay Lake in Nov. for that trip.

Rebecca

PinballFamily
10-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Ugh - our computer is on the fritz this a.m. - had to finally get onto the kids' machine to check email and the DIS.

Today -
Kids up and out
Walk dog (short) and mail stuff
Get ready to crop with my peeps for a few hours!
Get home and get ready for Girl Scouts meeting here this afternoon (a "benefit" of not being able to drive is that the meetings will be at our house for the near future)
Make some kind of snack for the meeting?
Homework supervision somehow
Dinner - Swedish meatballs and kluski noodles
Baseball game on tv
Meds and bed

AWM - hope the girls are feeling less squished today - and that all comes back fine!
rlovew - have a terrific day at WDW!

party of 3
10-22-2009, 09:53 AM
morning ladies!
i'm here but only doing a drive by post.
busy day at work today.

christy-my thoughts are with you and your family today:hug:
deb-happy belated birthday to your ds. glad you had a nice dinner.
brooke- fun weekend? are you going to the cabin?
rebecca-have loads of fun!
Jennifer-somethings wrong with the laptop?!:scared1:
ZtH-have fun at TB's!
PBF-i love sweedish meatballs!

i'm at work and it's not my favorite day to be here.

everyone have a great day.

i'll try to drive by later!:car:

tinkryansmom
10-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Thursday Thursday

OK - I really want Rebecca's list today!!

Whats with the computers around here:confused3 Our PC is fried. Power surge protector apparently let us down.

DD up fed, dressed and off to school
Little on up, fed, dressed
DH caffienated and outta here
Dishes
Laundry
Call Lady - DH says No to the horse right now
Fight the Mommy Blues today
PU neighbor and son - take kids to park - drink a coffee and then show her the model of the house we are going to build
PU DD from bus
Riding lessons 4 pm
Dinner - mac and cheese from scratch - made it last night - hope it ages well like lasagna - out of the oven it was bland. Still searching for a great scratch mac and cheese recipe.
Fold laundry
Go to bed

Thats about it. Hope everyone has a great day!

hopemax
10-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Yesterday, went really well. Radon guys were mostly on time and finished ahead of schedule. Got the ceiling and BOTH coats of paint on the walls in the scraproom. That room just needs trim, and it's ready to go. The only problem was the weather got all screwy and we had the white stuff. It was coming down heavily while we were loading the car, but it's already gone.

House - Day 6

Load to the House
Breakfast
Remove painter's tape in scrap room
Carpet cleaner comes 10-12
Clean kitchen (only room I can work on today because of the carpets)
Take package to PO
Get trim paint
Maybe stop at Target to look at queen size sheets for the new bed.

Hoping it will be an easy day today, since I only have the one room to work in. The kitchen looks clean, oven is clean, but I'm sure all the corners and tops of the cabinets have 15 years of dirt on them.

PrincessNancy96
10-22-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm up and moving!!!

Today the kids are home for their first day of fall break!!! They are all just chillin'...

I need to:

do load of dishes
sweep the house
kids to make beds/clean rooms (not much to that, they were clean yesterday)
laundry
scrap
tutoring today from 2-4
other than that...just hangin' today

tomorrow I'm scrappin' in the AM and than the boys are having their photos done individually (family photos are in Nov)...

dh needs to take DD out driving.. I took her yesterday... we need to set up a course for her to drive 4 right turns, 4 left turns and a parallel parking and that is her driving test!

morgansmom2000
10-22-2009, 01:53 PM
I did my sewing! Got all 3 bags done I needed to. Now I need to get dressed, OMG, it's nearly 2:00!

joyah
10-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Jennifer tell me about it I had to go hold mom's hand while she packed for sat's crop. I sat there guess I was moral support? But that ment I got little done here other than the vacing and mopping. got the potatos in with the roast too.

Now I need to schlep my couple of bags down to the truck. I'm not doing wheeled tote tonight cause we're at someone's house and I hate dragging it across thier floors.

Hope you all have a great night

Holly thanks for the thoughts, i can tell you after 5 years it's definately easier to deal with but still stinks. the boys were 6 and 3 (almost 4) and E remembers very little of her. He still to this day sleeps with the bear she made him, Meme bear goes anywhere he does for night times. I don't see that changing anytime soon and he's almost 9.

Lisa
10-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Christy :hug:
Jennifer, good for you for getting the sewing done.
PN96, how long is fall break? Our schools don't a fall break but then they don't go back as early as your kids.
Hope, keep plugging. You are going to have the new house spiffy in no time!
tinkryanmom, sorry to hear about the horse.:sad1:
Sorry to hear about all the 'puters acting up.
Have a great day, Rebecca!

Happy Thursday all, only one day to the weekend!

My to do list:

Put a couple of logs in the woodstove
Write in DD's communication book
Make lunches (normally DH does this but he couldn't this morning)
Get DD up and ready for school
Caffeinate
Work
annual performance review
dinner
May watch Project Runway if I can stay awake. Doubtful

party of 3
10-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Christy-how did the rest of the day go? i honestly could not get you off my mind today. wondering where i'll be in 5 years. if it will still hurt as bad. :angel:

AHEM......
may i please vent??????

i have had the worst day. i could spit nails right now. everything i touched turned to crap today. i'm fed up to my eyeballs with people. why can't anyone step up to the plate and do the moral thing? it's gotten the best of me today.
i'm tired of homework? why don't they do school work in school? i swear he has more homework everyday.
trying to finish up the halloween costume because he needs it for the scout party tomorrow night.
i have a bday party on saturday and there's family drama there and i'm not sure if i should go or not??
UGH.
calgon take me away.

thank you for letting me vent.

ok dh just came in and said the paint on the costume is not going to cover the words on the box. so i need something else.

gotta run to m's.

ZeroToHero
10-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Could you turn a paper grocery bag inside out and tape it on the box? is it a cardboard box? i missed what exactly you're doing....

party of 3
10-22-2009, 09:51 PM
we are making a lego costume out of a cardboard box. i found some paint that my mother had **forever** and it worked!!!! it covered the words on the box.
now it's really starting to look like a lego!

i can't wait for bubba to try it on and take some pics of him in it!

thanks for the suggestion ZtH. that would have been my next thing to try if i did not find this paint.

joyah
10-23-2009, 07:16 AM
Holly
Day went well. I think it helped having a me night out on that day. I had space to do my thing and have a few good laughs. 5 years is a long time and the pain will lesson and the anger at the world for taking your loved on is gone. Your (or at least I am) to the point were I want the boys to remember her for who she was and the wonderful things she did and I can do that without hurting, missing yes hurting no. I can only say that time truely does heal. :hug: and thank you for thinking about me.

morgansmom2000
10-23-2009, 07:55 AM
I can't wait to see Bubba's costume!