PDA

View Full Version : No longer solo at YC in Jan! Update-p.16- photos & leaving in the AM!!!

aprilisis
10-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Some of you know that I returned from WDW at the beginning of this month a very unhappy camper. I was sick pretty much the entire trip with a fever. :sad2: It was just me and my DBF. I was looking forward to spending time with him since we never see each other because he works in a family business so much (leaves at 4am, gets to my house by 8pm). Needless to say I was very disappointed to not have more quality time with him. If you are interested in the TR, there is a link in my signature. Even though I will miss my DBF & dog, Isis, terribly, I HAD to book a January trip. There is actually another reason for the trip...I suffer from severe Seasonal Affective Disorder or "Winter Depression". ("") I try to get to FL every year sometime in the dead of winter to pull me out of the funk & give me something to look forward to. Last winter was particularly bad for me because of a week-long power loss due to an ice storm. The power loss resulted in the death of my Grandmother who I have lived next door to or with for my entire life & cared for the last few years. Last December was rough. This December, I am going to try really hard to focus on the positive & spend a lot of time with family- as well as plan my behind off for my January trip!
I've been known to ramble on & on & overload the reports with photos, so prepare yourselves! :rotfl: I will post some past WL photos and my ADRís soon. I hope you follow along. :goodvibes

aaaateamsgrandma
10-21-2009, 11:18 AM
How did I miss this? Glad you started a new ptr. I love looking at your pictures. You will be well, you will be well, you will be well.

Ginny

aprilisis
10-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Here is a little overview:
The cast of characters is pretty smallÖ.just me! I have asked a few different friends if they want to join me, but so far no one can. John NEVER takes weekends off from work because they are too busy, so that rules him out, too. I have been to WDW 2 times before by myself & I enjoyed it to a degree each time. Now- I say ďto a degreeĒ because each time had a different circumstance associated with it. The first time I went to WDW solo was in January of 2005. I met a friend I used to work with & we went to Universal together the first day. She stayed over with me at WL- AND she was sick. Not only did she keep me up all night snoring- she was sick with a terrible cold AND gave me that cold. I also got a flat tire on my rental car & had to wait 3 hours for their roadside service to get to me to change it. That put a bit of a damper on that trip. It was only a head cold, though, so it wasnít TOO bad. My next solo trip was in November 2006 & earlier in the year I had lost my Grandfather (who was more like my Dad) and the relationship I was in had just fallen apart (In hindsight that was the best thing that ever happened to me, but it still hurt then). It wasnít a bad trip, but I was overly sentimental & a little sad the whole time. I didnít have anyone to meet up & hang out with at all, either. This time my situation is much different.

I am flying Southwest for the first time ever. Iím a little apprehensive about it, too, just for the lack of assigned seating. I DID go for the extra $10 for the ďEarly Bird Check-inĒ, so I will be able to tell you if it is worth it or not. Although- if any of you have done this before, I would be happy to hear your experiences with it! Since John works in Woonsocket & has to be there EARLY, I asked if he would drop me off at TF Green airport in Warwick, RI. Thankfully, he agreed! I am arriving in WDW on January 14th & departing on January 18th. It is not a long trip, but it will give me the chance to make up for what I missed out on during the last trip.

Here is my plan so far:
Thursday Jan. 14th Ė Arrive at 11am & take Magical Express over to WL. (I havenít done this in 3 years, so I will have NO idea where Iím going or what to do!) Iím planning to use online check-in, so hopefully my room will be ready. I am also hoping my Garden Grocer order will be there when I arrive. I plan on heading to Downtown Disney & SHOPPING. Iím also dying to try the food at Paradiso 37. If not, I belong to the Rainforest Cafť safari club, so I can always go there. Iím hoping to take tons of photos, shop my behind off & soak it all in. Then I will head back to WL & maybe stop for a drink at Territory Lounge. Iím planning to head back to the room exhausted every day, so I should fall right to sleep.
That is just day 1 so far. I have to actually go and EAT during my lunch hour now! :laughing:

An old, scanned photo from our room at WL in 2001:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/wlpool-1.jpg

aprilisis
10-21-2009, 12:56 PM
How did I miss this? Glad you started a new ptr. I love looking at your pictures. You will be well, you will be well, you will be well.

Ginny

Yay! Ginny is my first reader!!! :woohoo: :yay: :banana: Thank you for reading!

mickeystoontown
10-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Um excuse me.......why didn't you tell us you had started a pre-trip report? I just happened upon it. Consider yourself scolded. Just kidding!

Lady Lallie
10-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Yay! You started your PTR.

I'm so excited we are going to be in Disney at the same time. I can't wait to see how our plans overlap.

Taking Magical Express is super easy! You'll be fine.

I usually fly Southwest and I love them. I did pay for the early bird check in too especially for the way home so I don't have to worry about checking into the flight. I like the no assigned seating, it seems like people get into their seats quicker if they are not looking for a specific one.

aaaateamsgrandma
10-22-2009, 10:24 AM
We fly Southwest often. Have never paid the extra fee. You can check in on line 24 hours in advance and get your boarding assignment then. It is always nice to get A but B is not bad. They do not overbook like a lot of airlines.

longing2Batdisney
10-22-2009, 11:26 AM
:yay:
need to go back and read what you have so far...just subbing in for the moment

be back later!!!:wave2:

aprilisis
10-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Um excuse me.......why didn't you tell us you had started a pre-trip report? I just happened upon it. Consider yourself scolded. Just kidding!

:rolleyes1 Sorry! I am a slacker.

Yay! You started your PTR.
I'm so excited we are going to be in Disney at the same time. I can't wait to see how our plans overlap.
Taking Magical Express is super easy! You'll be fine.
I usually fly Southwest and I love them. I did pay for the early bird check in too especially for the way home so I don't have to worry about checking into the flight. I like the no assigned seating, it seems like people get into their seats quicker if they are not looking for a specific one.

That is good to know. All I know about Southwest, I know from the show ďAirlineĒ which was always about disgruntled customers. :rotfl:
I hope we get to meet up & hang out a little- that would be fun! Are there signs to direct me to Magical Express?

We fly Southwest often. Have never paid the extra fee. You can check in on line 24 hours in advance and get your boarding assignment then. It is always nice to get A but B is not bad. They do not overbook like a lot of airlines.

Iím glad to hear that you have had luck with Southwest. After I booked, I was regretting my decision, but not anymore!

need to go back and read what you have so far...just subbing in for the moment
be back later!!!:wave2:

Yay! Youíre here!!!

Lady Lallie
10-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Yes, there are signs. Also when you get your Magical Express booklet it will have a little map in there too I believe.

aprilisis
10-24-2009, 01:47 AM
Yes, there are signs. Also when you get your Magical Express booklet it will have a little map in there too I believe.

THANKS! That is good to know. I could picture myself wandering the airport looking like a lost tourist! I usually arrive at MCO & feel completely at home & know just where to go for the rental & baggage, so this will definitely be a different experience for me.
Thanks again for the info!

aprilisis
10-24-2009, 02:35 AM
Sorry for another phone update. Tonight we went to see David Gray at the Wang Theater in Boston. I love going to Boston, anyway, but this was my 1st visit to this particular theater. It was built in 1925 & was just what you would expect from that era- very opulent. I will post the couple of photos I took from my cell on Monday. The concert was great. David Gray's music is pretty mellow, but THANK GOODNESS John stopped off for ear plugs along the way. It was much more enjoyable for that reason. When we got home, Isis completely ignored me & she STILL is 3 hours later.
I dropped off my death trap rental car today & can finally pick up my car tomorrow. I know it sounds silly, but I missed my car! I also decided that for my only 2 grandparents I have left (stepmom's mom & stepdad's mom), I am going to scan tons of old photos & use some new ones to make photo dvds set to music for them for Christmas. I just hope they will like it & that it won't make them too sentimental. What do you guys think? Should I drop it or continue?
Other than that, I am hoping that tomorrow night (really tonight!) John & I get to go back to an inexpensive Italian restaurant we discovered last week. They had $8 entrees on the menu & the food was awesome! That's it for this weekend other than household stuff- laundry, cleaning, etc.
I have no idea why I can't sleep tonight, because I am exhausted. I think I may try now, though.

aprilisis
10-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Friday I finally dropped off my rental car & got my OWN car back. :woohoo: I was SO happy! I took a few photos from Worcester airport while I was waiting for a ride home (after dropping off the rental).
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Worc2.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Worc.jpg

Then Friday night was David Gray at the Wang in Boston. I took some cell photos- they arenít good quality, but here they are:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Photo_102309_001.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Photo_102309_002.jpg

Saturday night & Sunday I began scanning in old photos for my holiday gift projects (the photo dvds for my step-Grandmothers). While I was scanning, I thought I may do a pet one for my mom of all of the pets we have had. I took a few photos of my Momís dog, then the neighborís dog showed up & I thought maybe I would get them a photo gift with their dog on it. Here are a few shots:
My momís dog, Gracie (120 pound yellow lab)
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Graciegreen.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Graciegreen1.jpg

A couple of Isis:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Goobs2.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1841.jpg

The neighborís dog, Brady- he is a much smaller yellow lab:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1844.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1836.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1828.jpg

I'm going to post more PTR stuff today, too (I hope!)

Lady Lallie
10-26-2009, 09:48 AM
So glad you were able to get rid of the rental car.

I think the pet photo gift is a really great idea for you mom!

aprilisis
10-26-2009, 10:17 AM
So glad you were able to get rid of the rental car.

I think the pet photo gift is a really great idea for you mom!

Thanks!! I missed my car so much- I mean- I only drive a Hyundai Santa Fe (nothing fancy), but I missed being a little "higher up" so I could see more in front of me. I really have had great luck with this car- almost 200,000 miles & so far I have only had to get general maintenance done to it. (Knock on wood) Plus it is strange, but I am attached to the car, you know?

I love your itinerary cards, by the way! :love:

aprilisis
10-26-2009, 10:21 AM
I know that MLK weekend is usually kind of crowded, but I donít care! I realized that I went for that weekend in í03, í04, í05, & í06, but skipped the past 3 years. I have to get back in the habit of going in January!!! It is such a nice break to the 10 degree Massachusetts weather. In í03, it was a balmy 30 degrees in Orlando a few nights!! :beach:

Day 2- Friday, January 15th- If I get up early enough, I will go for a run. If not, so be it. I have a breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafť- this will be my first time dining here. Iím not exactly sure what I will do after breakfast- I will probably head to EPCOT & stay there for the PM EMH. I have a dinner ADR at Tutto Italia- this will be my first time there. I was looking at a menu online & I will have a very tough time deciding what the heck to order. I can literally browse WS all day long, so in that respect, it is a good thing I will be there solo. My EPCOT ďmust-doĒ list:
Soariní
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land
Test Track
Shopping in World Showcase- I want to browse EVERY shop!
Try to find our ďLeave a LegacyĒ tile from 2000
Stay for the entire EMH
Usually, my first ride is SSE & then I go to the Land to see if I can get a FP for Soariní & go to Living with the Land. The Seas with Nemo & Friends is next, followed by the Imagination pavilion. I may skip Universe of Energy & Mission Space, but I will definitely get to Test Track in the single rider line. I usually tour World Showcase from Mexico to Canada. I think I spend the most time in Mexico, Japan, and the UK, so I will try to spend more time in the pavilions that I usually go through quickly. During pm EMH, does anyone know what parts (if any) in World Showcase stay open?

I found my January 2005 photosÖthat was my first solo trip! As you can see, I made it there for rope drop that day- I canít promise that will happen on this trip! :rolleyes1
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4939.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4940.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4941.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4955.jpg

Lady Lallie
10-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks!! I missed my car so much- I mean- I only drive a Hyundai Santa Fe (nothing fancy), but I missed being a little "higher up" so I could see more in front of me. I really have had great luck with this car- almost 200,000 miles & so far I have only had to get general maintenance done to it. (Knock on wood) Plus it is strange, but I am attached to the car, you know?

I love your itinerary cards, by the way! :love:

I totally get being attached to a car!!

Thanks on the itinerary cards.

I think your plans sound great. I want to say that WS stays open for the enitre PM EMH's. I think you can find out on wdwinfo.com somewhere. I think they have a list of the attractions that are open.

I think 1/2 the attraction of going in January for me is escaping the snow. I absolutely HATE IT! :headache:

mickeystoontown
10-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Morning April,

My boss is going to see David Gray in Chicago this week. How was the concert?

aprilisis
10-26-2009, 03:52 PM
I totally get being attached to a car!!

Thanks on the itinerary cards.

I think your plans sound great. I want to say that WS stays open for the enitre PM EMH's. I think you can find out on wdwinfo.com somewhere. I think they have a list of the attractions that are open.

I think 1/2 the attraction of going in January for me is escaping the snow. I absolutely HATE IT! :headache:

Iím with you on winter. I hatehatehate it!

Morning April,

My boss is going to see David Gray in Chicago this week. How was the concert?

The concert was great! I loved it. I was glad John reminded me to bring ear plugs. I mean you know David Gray is very mellow, but it was still VERY loud. It was great with the ear plugs, though! No ringing afterwards. :thumbsup2

mickeystoontown
10-26-2009, 04:00 PM

The concert was great! I loved it. I was glad John reminded me to bring ear plugs. I mean you know David Gray is very mellow, but it was still VERY loud. It was great with the ear plugs, though! No ringing afterwards. :thumbsup2

I'll have to remind my boss. He is sitting on the front row in the pit....Row AAA right in the middle.

longing2Batdisney
10-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Sorry I've been MIA--I had read your first post and than did not get a chance to come back and post?!? :sad2:
I wish I had the nerve to travel to disney just Ashton and I...maybe one day! I'm not scared just don't want to go with out Danny...I have always said that one year I will send him off to a Nascar event and I will go to Disney!! I love your idea of going to FL to help your winter blues!!!

I really like you plans so far:yay: great ideas for Epcot...esp since you won't have anyone to keep happy but yourself...
:wave2:

PracPerfPatricia
10-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Hey April,

I'm in...just have to go back and read...:surfweb:

PracPerfPatricia
10-26-2009, 10:25 PM
First April-you are going to have a fabulous time-I think you should embrace the fact that you are going solo and don't have to compromise on anything and you should do some really pampering things too...:thumbsup2

I get a little SADD in the summer (which is weird I know) and I know several people who get it in the Winter-it's fairly common...:hug:

[QUOTE=aprilisis;34087283]

Say it isn't so-how can you guys not like snow...:confused3-It's all white and fluffy and magical...I can see not liking the cold and dark of winter after a bit but snow...:confused3 It's like a magical gift from the heavens...:cloud9:

oh and btw-you both live in Mass. Doesn't snow come with the territory?;)

Lady Lallie
10-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Say it isn't so-how can you guys not like snow...:confused3-It's all white and fluffy and magical...I can see not liking the cold and dark of winter after a bit but snow...:confused3 It's like a magical gift from the heavens...:cloud9:

Not to hijack but....

I'm from Maine and since moving to Massachusetts I've had to deal with even more snow which totally doesn't make sense to my brain but there you go. I also have to say half of why I hate snow is that I have to drive in it to work. I don't mind snow on the weekends, bring it on. But mix in snow with Massachusetts drivers and it is enough to give you a panic attack.

Two winters ago I got caught in this horrible storm, April, I am sure you know what I am talking about. It took me THREE hours to get home and normally I had a 35 minute commute. I had a panic attack while driving. Worst experience of my life.

I do think snow is pretty...but not pretty enough if I have to drive in it. :laughing:

aprilisis
10-28-2009, 09:33 AM
I'll have to remind my boss. He is sitting on the front row in the pit....Row AAA right in the middle.

Did your boss like the show? Front row?!?!?! How did he get those tickets?

Sorry I've been MIA--I had read your first post and than did not get a chance to come back and post?!? :sad2:
I wish I had the nerve to travel to disney just Ashton and I...maybe one day! I'm not scared just don't want to go with out Danny...I have always said that one year I will send him off to a Nascar event and I will go to Disney!! I love your idea of going to FL to help your winter blues!!!

I really like you plans so far:yay: great ideas for Epcot...esp since you won't have anyone to keep happy but yourself...

Thanks! Yes- EPCOT solo is a beautiful thing- for one reason- my pokey shopping! :lmao: I have to confess, though, that I am getting a little anxiety about flying alone. You could totally handle WDW with just you & Ashton! :thumbsup2

First April-you are going to have a fabulous time-I think you should embrace the fact that you are going solo and don't have to compromise on anything and you should do some really pampering things too...:thumbsup2

I get a little SADD in the summer (which is weird I know) and I know several people who get it in the Winter-it's fairly common...:hug:

I TOTALLY agree with LL- snow is pretty & bring it on when I donít have to commute in it. I just donít like all of the bare trees, cloudy weather, & freezing my behind off. I may have been born here, but Iím just not cut out for the cold weather. I wouldnít trade the Fall & Spring for anything, though.

Not to hijack but....

I'm from Maine and since moving to Massachusetts I've had to deal with even more snow which totally doesn't make sense to my brain but there you go. I also have to say half of why I hate snow is that I have to drive in it to work. I don't mind snow on the weekends, bring it on. But mix in snow with Massachusetts drivers and it is enough to give you a panic attack.

Two winters ago I got caught in this horrible storm, April, I am sure you know what I am talking about. It took me THREE hours to get home and normally I had a 35 minute commute. I had a panic attack while driving. Worst experience of my life.

I do think snow is pretty...but not pretty enough if I have to drive in it. :laughing:

I DO remember that AWFUL storm!!!! I left work early & it still took me 4 hours to get home!!! I guess that isnít as bad as your experience, though, because my commute is normally 1 hour each way. That was such a bad day. I know what you mean about driving in the snow- I have to pry my hands from the steering wheel by the time I get home from holding on so tight. Nothing beats that ice storm last December, though. We lost power for a week & we have a well so we had no water either!

Lady Lallie
10-28-2009, 10:20 AM
I DO remember that AWFUL storm!!!! I left work early & it still took me 4 hours to get home!!! I guess that isnít as bad as your experience, though, because my commute is normally 1 hour each way. That was such a bad day. I know what you mean about driving in the snow- I have to pry my hands from the steering wheel by the time I get home from holding on so tight. Nothing beats that ice storm last December, though. We lost power for a week & we have a well so we had no water either!

We weren't hit too badly by that storm but I remember everyone else who was. :hug:

aprilisis
10-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Yesterday I was out at a vendor fair & it was in Worcester! I didnít have to commute. I went shopping to give my fridge a healthy makeover & spent WAY too much money. I made cream of broccoli soup last night (with skim milk) & I cut my finger while I was chopping broccoli. Ever since then I have had that song stuck in my head. It was from a 1980-something Saturday Night Live skit (http://www.blueverticalstudio.com/go/?p=7955). Yes, I know I am a goof. Last night I bought Toy Story Mania for the Wii. I canít wait to play it!!! Iím in a bit of a bad mood today. I donít know if I mentioned it before, but I make maps for a small town. It is referred to as GIS (Geographic Information Systems) (http://www.gis.com/whatisgis/index.html). Well, some of the surrounding towns wanted to coordinate a ďGIS DayĒ event. I have been working with them & realized that they have far more advanced systems in place than we do. I feel like Iím Flintstones era compared to them. I know that it shouldnít bother me & we donít have the budget and BLAH BLAH BLAH, but I just wish we could be in the 21st century! Sorry for the whine. I guess I needed to vent! Iím going to try to update tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great afternoon!

mickeystoontown
10-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Sorry I didn't get around to posting earlier. I took my boss to the airport this morning and he's on the way to Chicago to see the David Gray concert. The concert is not until tomorrow. He is a member of the David Gray fan club so that's why he was able to score such great seats. I'm just glad he's out of my hair for the rest of the week.:thumbsup2

aprilisis
10-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Sorry I didn't get around to posting earlier. I took my boss to the airport this morning and he's on the way to Chicago to see the David Gray concert. The concert is not until tomorrow. He is a member of the David Gray fan club so that's why he was able to score such great seats. I'm just glad he's out of my hair for the rest of the week.:thumbsup2

Enjoy the rest of your boss-free week! I wish I could say the same. I share an office with my boss & he gets agitated very easily. He swears at people & slams down the phone so hard that I'm afraid he'll break it. I'm nervous all day wondering when his next temper explosion will be!

aprilisis
10-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Just a quick note- I went out to do some field work today & I found 2 deer ticks on me (so far). Neither were embedded (thank goodness). So they are still out there- even in the cooler weather! Make sure you all watch out for them.

Saturday, January 16th- I wish I could have gotten an earlier time for Donaldís Safari Breakfast, but I took what I could get while booking. Iím not sure about character dining alone, but Iím doing it anyway! My AK ďmust-doĒ list:
Expedition Everest
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Rafikiís Planet Watch
Maharajah & Pangani Trails
Dawa Bar!
Lisaís hidden trail for better views of the Tree of Life

I want to go see Nemo, too, because I have heard good things about it. I am definitely going to try to get to Dinosaur & Primeval Whirl. There is an egg roll cart between Africa & Asia that has awesome veggie egg rolls & it was closed in September!!!! I HAVE TO see if it is open. Here are some more nostalgic photos from AK (from my 1st solo trip in í05):

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4982.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4983.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4985.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4986.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4990.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4991.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4995.jpg

By the way, all of those photos were taken with my older digital cameraÖsorry that the quality is not so great.
I have a dinner ADR at Artist Point & then I plan to head over to MK since it is open until 11pm that night.
MK ďmust-doĒ list:
Space Mountain
TTA
Monsterís Inc Laugh Floor
Buzz Lightyearís Space Ranger Spin (this should be challenging- shooting AND steering!)
A veggie burger from Cosmic Rayís
POTC
The Tiki Room
(insert a big ďDANG!!!!Ē here because Splash Mountain will be DOWN when Iím there!!!)
Big Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Iím not sure about Fantasyland- when is that refurb supposed to start??
I have some MK photos from that same solo í05 trip:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5020.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5022.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5023.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5029.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5041.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5044.jpg

I am going to make it my mission this trip to SHOP. Of course, I say that now, but I may have no money in January! I will be back Monday with my plans for my last full (and park) day of the trip.

aaaateamsgrandma
10-29-2009, 01:24 PM
I am sitting in the lobby of our building killing time for Sheri to take me to lunch. I love those old pix. They are way better than I could ever do. I am dreading going out in the rain. You have such wonderful plans. I am excited for you

mickeystoontown
10-29-2009, 02:01 PM
It looks like your planning is going great so far. Definitely need to check out the hidden Tree of Life trails. If I were on a solo trip and didn't have anybody pushing me to leave, I'd wander those trails for a long time.

Wait a minute.....I meant to stay YUCK to the deer ticks. All the creepy crawly bugs are still out and about around our house. Even though it's Fall, our high temp today is still 77.

longing2Batdisney
10-29-2009, 09:12 PM
your plans look great so far!! the refurb for Fantasyland refurb is not suppose to affect the enjoyment of Fantasyland...most of the refurb is taking place where the old 20,000 leagues use to be.
wow! and ewe about the ticks glad you found them early!!

Wrexie
10-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Hi--great pre-trip report and nice pics! You'll be there just a little bit after me.

I love my husband, but sometimes I like to travel solo for short trips. It's fun to have someone to share things with, but sometimes it's fun to just do what you want to do and not have to worry about anyone else, and have space to think rather than feel like you have to constantly be talking about everything going on. I've never done something like Disney solo, but I love solo hiking/camping trips--just the trees and me!

I bet you'll have a great time!

aprilisis
11-02-2009, 08:46 AM
I am sitting in the lobby of our building killing time for Sheri to take me to lunch. I love those old pix. They are way better than I could ever do. I am dreading going out in the rain. You have such wonderful plans. I am excited for you

Thanks! IDK- you have some great pics in your TR. Has it stopped raining yet there???? I hope so. Stay warm & dry.

It looks like your planning is going great so far. Definitely need to check out the hidden Tree of Life trails. If I were on a solo trip and didn't have anybody pushing me to leave, I'd wander those trails for a long time.

Wait a minute.....I meant to stay YUCK to the deer ticks. All the creepy crawly bugs are still out and about around our house. Even though it's Fall, our high temp today is still 77.

UGH- the deer ticks are AWFUL. I hate them & I find them on Isis, too. It is strange, though- I used to see way more wood (or dog) ticks & I havenít seen any of those this year.
I plan to spend a lot of time on the Tree of Life trails- Thank you for telling me (and all of us) about them!

your plans look great so far!! the refurb for Fantasyland refurb is not suppose to affect the enjoyment of Fantasyland...most of the refurb is taking place where the old 20,000 leagues use to be.
wow! and ewe about the ticks glad you found them early!!

Thanks! Also thank you for the Fantasyland info!!! In that case, I will be visiting all of those attractions on this trip. I LOVE Philharmagic & for some reason Peter Pan. Thereís something about the song ďYou can FlyĒ that just turns me into an 8 year old when I hear it! I didnít see Peter Pan until I was in my 30ís, either.

Hi--great pre-trip report and nice pics! You'll be there just a little bit after me.

I love my husband, but sometimes I like to travel solo for short trips. It's fun to have someone to share things with, but sometimes it's fun to just do what you want to do and not have to worry about anyone else, and have space to think rather than feel like you have to constantly be talking about everything going on. I've never done something like Disney solo, but I love solo hiking/camping trips--just the trees and me!

I bet you'll have a great time!

Thanks! I know what you mean. I like to poke around in the shops & people watch, so it should be good- as long as I donít get sick again!

aprilisis
11-02-2009, 08:49 AM
This is what I did Saturday:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1852.jpg

You guys are going to be SO sick of photos when I get back in January. Iím going to take one of everything!!!

Sunday, January 17th- Iím going to grab a coffee & head to DHS. I have a lunch scheduled at 50ís Prime Time (I tried for Sci-Fi Dine in, but had no luck).
DHS ďmust-do: list:
Tower of Terror
Rock ní Rollercoaster
TSMM
Animation Tour
DHS photos from 2005 (Many of my photo files from that trip have become corrupt- I have no idea how or why. Here is what survived):
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5093.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5092.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4997.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5091.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4996.jpg
I would be happy to be back at that weight!

I have dinner scheduled at California Grill & I plan to go to MK for the EMH afterwards. I plan to do everything I miss the night before.
MK at night from 2005:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5076.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5048.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5054.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5065.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5068-1.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5069.jpg

Lady Lallie
11-02-2009, 08:59 AM
I love that picture of you and Sorcerer Mickey! So cute.

I think your plans are looking great. :thumbsup2

mickeystoontown
11-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Sick of pictures? Are you kidding? You know we live for pictures.

aaaateamsgrandma
11-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Hope you had a good day April. Love those old pictures. Your punkin is awesome. We are on a sunshine high. We've had it since Friday and no rain planned till the end of next week. It is great.

aprilisis
11-03-2009, 12:36 PM
I love that picture of you and Sorcerer Mickey! So cute.

I think your plans are looking great. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I am thinking of trying Paradiso 37 if I can the first night I am there. Since I will be alone, I can just eat right at the bar!

Sick of pictures? Are you kidding? You know we live for pictures.

:rotfl: Well, I plan to take a ton. I am thinking of getting a new memory card just for this trip!
Hope you had a good day April. Love those old pictures. Your punkin is awesome. We are on a sunshine high. We've had it since Friday and no rain planned till the end of next week. It is great.

Thanks! I hope you are enjoying the sunny days & that you don't get any more rain. Lisa's photos of the flooding are amazing! It is pretty scary- I've never seen anything like that.

aprilisis
11-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Is anyone else having a bad week already? People are just cranky and mean here today. Yesterday was a blur because it was so busy. I am hosting a short event on Thursday at our library to showcase GIS & show people what we can do with mapping software. I donít think anyone will show up, but I am a little nervous about it. I just hate being the center of attention for any reason- good or bad. All I keep thinking is "72 days to go." :cool1:

I donít know why, but Iím having anxiety about using Magical Express. Iím just afraid that I wonít be able to find it or that something will go wrong.

Some of my WL photos from a stay in 2001:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/WLarch-1.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/wllobby2-1.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/wlfireplace-1.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/wllobby1-1.jpg

More January 2005 photos of WL:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4935.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4937.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5005.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5004.jpg

aaaateamsgrandma
11-03-2009, 01:33 PM
You will do just fine on the ME. There will be lots of people to ask. Not many of them will bite your head off so you should arrive in tact.

Have a good day. Still sunshine today.

Ginny

PracPerfPatricia
11-05-2009, 11:50 AM
April,

deer ticks=bad, bad, bad...you cover everything...ankles to elbows when you're out there right?

IS THAT A FRANKENSTEIN CARVED PUMPKIN...did you do that...:worship:

(i missed my carved pumpkin festival because everone was sick...:confused3)

(I love carved pumpkins and I love the old classic horror films...Dracula, Frankenstein, the Mummy, the Wolfman, etc....) so I really love that...:thumbsup2

Hmmm...awesome WL pictures...that's where we're staying next October...:woohoo:

Did I miss you talking about a Christmas trip in 2010 with John...:goodvibes...I'm usually good about reading but I don't remember that...that's awesome....:thumbsup2

Lady Lallie
11-05-2009, 12:26 PM
You will do just fine on Magical Express. Anyone Airport employee you ask will know where to direct you if you have to ask. Just go towards where all the rental car desks are too. It will be just fine! :hug:

aprilisis
11-06-2009, 09:19 AM
You will do just fine on the ME. There will be lots of people to ask. Not many of them will bite your head off so you should arrive in tact.

Have a good day. Still sunshine today.

Ginny
:) Thanks! I hope so. I get so nervous about travelling. I am glad it is still sunny there. :goodvibes You have a great day, too!

April,

deer ticks=bad, bad, bad...you cover everything...ankles to elbows when you're out there right?

IS THAT A FRANKENSTEIN CARVED PUMPKIN...did you do that...:worship:

(i missed my carved pumpkin festival because everone was sick...:confused3)

(I love carved pumpkins and I love the old classic horror films...Dracula, Frankenstein, the Mummy, the Wolfman, etc....) so I really love that...:thumbsup2

Hmmm...awesome WL pictures...that's where we're staying next October...:woohoo:

Did I miss you talking about a Christmas trip in 2010 with John...:goodvibes...I'm usually good about reading but I don't remember that...that's awesome....:thumbsup2

Thanks! I did Frankenstein because he is my mom's favorite. I am a big fan of classic horror, too!
I love WL. Have you stayed before? Artist Point is one of my favorites & I haven't been since 2005!! :scared1:
I never mentioned about the December trip next year...I am hoping it will be possible. I want to try to stay at the Polynesian. I have only stayed there once, but I loved it. I really love WDW during the holidays & John LOVES Christmas, so I reasoned that he just HAS to see WDW at that time. :rotfl:

You will do just fine on Magical Express. Anyone Airport employee you ask will know where to direct you if you have to ask. Just go towards where all the rental car desks are too. It will be just fine! :hug:

Thanks! :thumbsup2

aaaateamsgrandma
11-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Enjoy your Friday April. Hope you have a good weekend.

Ginny

racefanof88
11-06-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm here too :banana:. I love your pictures. What type camera did you have then and what type do you have now? The pictures of the fireworks are amazing. I can't seem to get the right settings on my camera for night shots. I have been thinking of taking a photography class, but I would like to have a more advanced camera. Maybe, if I write him a nice letter, Santa will bring me one :lovestruc.

longing2Batdisney
11-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Great Frankenstien! awesome job!!! I am def going to give that a try next year!!! Ashton should be old enough to understand that next year..

Awesome pictures of the castle and you just made me want to stay a WL; it looks like a place away from it all and just seconds away from it...I just don't know where I want to stay... can you tell!!!

Hope your weekend is a wonderful one!!!

aprilisis
11-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Sorry I have been MIA...what a day! It was busy at work, I got into it with someone on facebook, and we had to put one of my cats down. The vet said she had a blood clot that caused her to be immobile and tests revealed a brain tumor. The poor cat was a stray when we found her as a kitten- she was only 11! She was a very good cat & I will miss her terribly. At work, tonight is the annual Town meeting & it is my job to prepare the laptop with all files & presentations. Of course everyone e-mails or drops things off last minute- I don't REALLY mind because I can get things done quickly. I like being able to help people & calm their nerves before presenting at a big meeting. I hope it all went smoothly.
The facebook thing was all a misunderstanding. I am a vegetarian, but I do it for me- I don't tell everyone (though, somehow everyone knows) & I don't lecture anyone or push my views on people. All I want is for people to leave me alone about it. I mean- at work I literally hear once a day "what are you EATING?" like I am eating something disgusting. I don't know how people found out, but I wish they didn't! With everything else on my mind, someone made a comment on facebook that made me temporarily insane. I mean - I know I'm different, but do I really need daily teasing? By the way... these people wouldn't tease me if they tasted the steak I cook... not to add to my weirdness, but I cook a mean steak! I cook them for John a lot. But seriously all I want is to just be able to be me, free from teasing or comments- or debate. People pick fights with me about it...that's what started the great facebook debate. Ugh.
So at the end of my lovely day, I was driving home & the highway turned into a parking lot. The traffic went down to one lane because of a car accident. Many emergency vehicles passed...and the last was the medical examiner. I got sick to my stomach. When I drove by the scene, the car didn't even look like it could ever have been a car! (continued next...sorry- updating from my phone)

aaaateamsgrandma
11-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Poor dear April. It had to be the day for weirdos. Mine was my boss for sure. Dear Kathy was having an awful day.

Your poor kitty. We all love our pets and would hate for anything to happen to them.

The way I see it, anything short of canibalism one can eat what they want. It's no one's business.

And then to see the remains of that accident. You so did not deserve to go thru that.

I hate days that are so over whelming. Wishes for you a better tomorrow. :grouphug:

aprilisis
11-09-2009, 11:33 PM
I thought back to Lisa's report about seeing an accident & was instantly thankful that I didn't see more than I did. I was also thankful that I wasn't the one in the accident. What a terrible Monday that person had. Someone died in the crash...I HATE to think of people losing family members because, unfortunately, it is a feeling I know all too well.
So that was my day. I miss my sweet kitty...when she purred, I could hear it rooms away. I want to cry, but I feel too exhausted.
I want to say one last thing- I'm thinking of you girls in the South with so much rain coming & all the flooding. If any of you need ANYTHING, PM me...don't hesitate. I'll be back tomorrow w/ a kitty-cat photo.

aprilisis
11-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Thank you, Ginny, for being so sweet & understanding!!! You are the best. I hope I get time to get caught up on your TR tomorrow- I am sorry you had a bad day, too. Thank goodness we all have each other to vent to!!!!

aaaateamsgrandma
11-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Thank you, Ginny, for being so sweet & understanding!!! You are the best. I hope I get time to get caught up on your TR tomorrow- I am sorry you had a bad day, too. Thank goodness we all have each other to vent to!!!!

I know that these girls got me thru my day today. So anything we can do to help one another is a blessing. Try to have the rest of your evening be calm.

Ginny:hug:

Lady Lallie
11-10-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm so sorry about the day you had! :hug:

I hate seeing those car accidents on the highways. It's just a horrible feeling.

I'd be beside myself if I had to put on of my kitties down. :grouphug:

aprilisis
11-10-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm here too :banana:. I love your pictures. What type camera did you have then and what type do you have now? The pictures of the fireworks are amazing. I can't seem to get the right settings on my camera for night shots. I have been thinking of taking a photography class, but I would like to have a more advanced camera. Maybe, if I write him a nice letter, Santa will bring me one :lovestruc.

Thanks! I think that camera was a digital Kodak, but to be honest...my fireworks photos end up being a matter of luck! :rotfl: I want to take a photography course, too, but they are SO expensive! I want that digital Canon Rebel & I'm hoping Santa remembers that! :laughing:

Great Frankenstien! awesome job!!! I am def going to give that a try next year!!! Ashton should be old enough to understand that next year..

Awesome pictures of the castle and you just made me want to stay a WL; it looks like a place away from it all and just seconds away from it...I just don't know where I want to stay... can you tell!!!

Hope your weekend is a wonderful one!!!

Thanks! Pumpkin carving is so fun. The kits that you can buy at the convenience stores is great. I always sign up for pumpkin patterns on a particular website, so if you would like me to mail some to you next year, please PM me & I would be more than happy to send them. They have some pretty cute ones- and scary ones, too.

I know that these girls got me thru my day today. So anything we can do to help one another is a blessing. Try to have the rest of your evening be calm.

Ginny:hug:

:hug:Thank you so much for your kind words. You really made me feel better last night.

aprilisis
11-10-2009, 07:57 AM
The Kitty-
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_0582.jpg

And that traffic I was stuck in last night was the result of a fatal crash (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/21569521/detail.html)...ugh. I was hoping no one died.

We ALL have to have a better day today!!!:grouphug:

Lady Lallie
11-10-2009, 08:11 AM
The Kitty-
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_0582.jpg

And that traffic I was stuck in last night was the result of a fatal crash (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/21569521/detail.html)...ugh. I was hoping no one died.

We ALL have to have a better day today!!!:grouphug:

Awww, what a beautiful kitty!

aaaateamsgrandma
11-10-2009, 11:14 AM
What a beautiful kitty. I know you will miss her. I hope your day is much better. Mine is going to be. I am of the attitude it will be better or I'm taking tomorrow off. Of course I'm taking tomorrow off anyway. All is good.

Ginny

longing2Batdisney
11-10-2009, 11:43 AM
April I hope you are having a better day today! Sorry to hear about your Kitty, and that people find the need to tease about something that does not concern them (how unsecure they are), and sorry you had a horrible commute home!!!!

So, here is a little :hug: and a lot of :sunny: to help brighten your day today!
:wave2:Connie

aprilisis
11-10-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm so sorry about the day you had! :hug:

I hate seeing those car accidents on the highways. It's just a horrible feeling.

I'd be beside myself if I had to put on of my kitties down. :grouphug:

What a beautiful kitty. I know you will miss her. I hope your day is much better. Mine is going to be. I am of the attitude it will be better or I'm taking tomorrow off. Of course I'm taking tomorrow off anyway. All is good.

Ginny

April I hope you are having a better day today! Sorry to hear about your Kitty, and that people find the need to tease about something that does not concern them (how unsecure they are), and sorry you had a horrible commute home!!!!

So, here is a little :hug: and a lot of :sunny: to help brighten your day today!

Thanks!! I hope you all have a great day! :grouphug: So far the day is better. Someone gave me a bunch of just-picked fresh cranberries. I've never made cranberry sauce from scratch! I know it is a totally random question, but does anyone have a recipe?

If U Had Wings
11-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Hi! I wanted to poke my head in and say hi. I just got caught up on your trip report, and am really enjoying it so far. I was originally going on my first solo trip to Disney in December, but ended up inviting a friend along with me. I know exactly what you mean about needing a break in the middle of winter. I've never been diagnosed with SADD, but like clockwork I start turning into a mess every fall just as the days start to shorten. I went to visit family in Florida in January one year, and felt so much better while I was there. Hopefully your trip this year will be a welcome respite after everything that happened last year.

I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

PracPerfPatricia
11-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Hey April,

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty...:hug:...I had a dog that I adored that got lymphomia when he was 7...it's horrible to be in that position...I am sorry for your loss...

Sometimes people can be really annoying...when some people don't understand something...they feel the need to prove that you are wrong or what you do or believe is wrong because if they don't do that...it makes them question their own beliefs...just ignore them or tazer them (just kidding-kind of...;)

Very sad about the accident...

Wrexie
11-11-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm really behind on reading everyone's threads.

I'm very sorry to hear about your kitty -- she looks so cute in the photo and I know you miss her. I lost my absolute best cat-friend in the world in March and I still miss her, even though I've got two new kitties.

I don't know why people can't mind their own business about what other people eat. I'm not a vegetarian, but my sister, stepdaughter, and stepson are. I cook plenty of meals with no meat, especially since I'm working on losing weight. I'm always thrilled to have yummy vegetarian food!

aprilisis
11-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi! I wanted to poke my head in and say hi. I just got caught up on your trip report, and am really enjoying it so far. I was originally going on my first solo trip to Disney in December, but ended up inviting a friend along with me. I know exactly what you mean about needing a break in the middle of winter. I've never been diagnosed with SADD, but like clockwork I start turning into a mess every fall just as the days start to shorten. I went to visit family in Florida in January one year, and felt so much better while I was there. Hopefully your trip this year will be a welcome respite after everything that happened last year.

I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Thanks! SADD is just awful...I find I am usually ok if I go to FL in January, but I start getting a little too down by the end of winter again.
Oooh- I'm definitely going to check out your PTR. I love WDW in December!!

Hey April,

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty...:hug:...I had a dog that I adored that got lymphomia when he was 7...it's horrible to be in that position...I am sorry for your loss...

Sometimes people can be really annoying...when some people don't understand something...they feel the need to prove that you are wrong or what you do or believe is wrong because if they don't do that...it makes them question their own beliefs...just ignore them or tazer them (just kidding-kind of...;)

Very sad about the accident...

:rotfl: Thanks! I just wish people would let me be & maybe talk about something OTHER than food. Maybe Disney?? :rolleyes1
I checked out & subscribed to your PTR today- I can't believe it is already on page 2!!

I'm really behind on reading everyone's threads.

I'm very sorry to hear about your kitty -- she looks so cute in the photo and I know you miss her. I lost my absolute best cat-friend in the world in March and I still miss her, even though I've got two new kitties.

I don't know why people can't mind their own business about what other people eat. I'm not a vegetarian, but my sister, stepdaughter, and stepson are. I cook plenty of meals with no meat, especially since I'm working on losing weight. I'm always thrilled to have yummy vegetarian food!

Thanks! :goodvibes I know what you mean about still missing pets even though you get new ones. When my dog, Isis goes, it will completely destroy me.
It's cool to hear about other vegetarians because sometimes I feel like the only one on the planet!

aprilisis
11-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Ok, you guys...I am starting to turn this into a pity party!!! :rotfl: I do NOT want that to happen!!! I will try to post a better itinerary tomorrow and some more old photos. I'm going to listen to a new horror audiobook on my way home from work tonight. This usually results in me RUNNING from my car into my house when I get home because it is so dark. :rolleyes: Yes, I am a dork.

Cafeen
11-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Just stopping by to say that I've been reading along :) (for a few pages now! I R bad at responding).

Then again, I typically don't have much to say when I do respond...so, um, yeah. I'll make something up, or just keep typing so it doesn't look like I'm doing a thoughtless "yay I'm here" post, even if that's all it amounts to be.

At any rate... looking forward to more good stuff and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you stay healthy this time!

aprilisis
11-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Just stopping by to say that I've been reading along :) (for a few pages now! I R bad at responding).

Then again, I typically don't have much to say when I do respond...so, um, yeah. I'll make something up, or just keep typing so it doesn't look like I'm doing a thoughtless "yay I'm here" post, even if that's all it amounts to be.

At any rate... looking forward to more good stuff and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you stay healthy this time!

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: You are TOO funny! I have been lurking on your TR, too- enjoying all of the great photos! :thumbsup2

racefanof88
11-12-2009, 09:20 PM
April, I'm sorry about your kitty :hug:. It is always so sad to when a pet passes :sad1:.

You made me think about my niece when you were talking about being a vegetarian, she lives up in Boston too. I know that is a strange connection, but it just made me think about Jennifer :confused3. I get really aggravated about some of the stuff on Facebook. Some people just have to add their $.02 when it isn't wanted :mad:.

I hope you have a great Friday!!!!!

aaaateamsgrandma
11-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Hello April

aprilisis
11-13-2009, 08:00 AM
April, I'm sorry about your kitty :hug:. It is always so sad to when a pet passes :sad1:.

You made me think about my niece when you were talking about being a vegetarian, she lives up in Boston too. I know that is a strange connection, but it just made me think about Jennifer :confused3. I get really aggravated about some of the stuff on Facebook. Some people just have to add their $.02 when it isn't wanted :mad:.

I hope you have a great Friday!!!!!

Thanks!! I know- sometimes Facebook drives me crazy. I have a love :love: / hate :headache: relationship with it. Is your niece in Boston for school? How does she like it? I know the weather gets horrendous, but the historic parts of the city are a lot of fun to visit. You have a great Friday, too! I'm glad you made it through that awful weather!!!

Hello April

Hi! How are you feeling? I was worried about you. :hug:

aprilisis
11-13-2009, 08:43 AM
A bit of news...John & I may not be going to WDW in December, but instead visiting Washington state in the beginning of the summer. I am sort of excited because I haven't been there for 10 years & I loved it when I was there.
Today I am going to post a ton of photos. I apologize if any are repeats.

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Castlenight.jpg

This is my "boat rage" photo. :rotfl: I was really just squinting because it was bright.
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Scan10003.jpg

From 2001:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/horseman.jpg

Isis as a puppy (just making sure you're paying attention) ;) :
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Isis-puppy.jpg

Some more of EPCOT:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4945.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4946.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4958.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4959.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4963.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4964.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4966.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4974.jpg

The holiday season:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/ofsl.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Castle_lights.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Gingerbread_BW.jpg

Crazy Isis:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_0047.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/isisgrass2.jpg

One last TOTALLY random photo...The Statue of Liberty from 2002:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/SOL-1.jpg

Lady Lallie
11-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Isis is such a beautiful dog! What an adorable puppy. :lovestruc

If U Had Wings
11-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Love all the pics! I can't wait to see all the holiday decorations in person next month.

aaaateamsgrandma
11-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Good morning April. All is good so far today. Yay to Friday. I only work till noon today. I love your pictures and that Isis is the sweetest puppy. I want to wrap my arms around her and let her lick me to pieces. She is huggable.

How fun to go to Washington. My boss is going mid Dec. for a week to some island. Just he and his wife. His daughter lives out there and they go every year, but this time they are doing this island instead. Glad cause he needs a vacay and glad cause he'll be out of the office. And he is going to Monroe the week of March 22. I can't stand it. Two vacays. So unlike him.

Have a great weekend. Sheri, Sharon and I are going for pedi's tomorrow and then lunch.

mickeystoontown
11-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Morning April,

You are a fantastic photographer. Love the two of Isis. Hope you have a great weekend.

Wrexie
11-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Great photos! I should try to take more artistic ones of architectural details. Usually I just point and snap! Nice doggie pictures too. Isis looks like a really fun dog.

racefanof88
11-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Happy Saturday!!! I love your pictures, I soooooooooo wish I had an eye for photography, I try, but I just don't have it :sad2:. What breed is Isis? I love the pictures of her. Thank you about the weather, I'm glad it was just a bad rain storm, well except for my power going on and off............grrrrrrrrrrr. My niece actually moved to Boston several years ago. She got married in September. I'm not sure where she works, but I know she has something to do with the theatrical group called The Gold Dust Orphans.

I hope you are having a great weekend.

aprilisis
11-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Ok guys- just a quick hello tonight- our power is out & I am having a total meltdown. I'm just thinking back to last December when we lost power for a week. I REALLY hope it comes back on tonight. Ugh. I'll update & reply ASAP. I wish I could Dis longer, but i have to keep the battery life up on my phone.

racefanof88
11-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Ok guys- just a quick hello tonight- our power is out & I am having a total meltdown. I'm just thinking back to last December when we lost power for a week. I REALLY hope it comes back on tonight. Ugh. I'll update & reply ASAP. I wish I could Dis longer, but i have to keep the battery life up on my phone.

I will pray for ya'll. I know last year was a bad time for you after the power outage. It is really hard to be without power, I know, I'm total electric at my house. Hugs :hug:.

aprilisis
11-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks, Dana! John said your prayers must have worked- the power came on. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

aprilisis
11-14-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm back home & SO thankful we have power! The heat is back on, the turtle's filter is on, and we have running water (we have a well, so no power=no water). WOOHOO!

aaaateamsgrandma
11-15-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm back home & SO thankful we have power! The heat is back on, the turtle's filter is on, and we have running water (we have a well, so no power=no water). WOOHOO!

Bless you. I know how hard it is to be without power. I do pretty well till there is no water. I bet your weather is cold to boot too. Hope your day tomorrow goes much better.

PracPerfPatricia
11-15-2009, 05:27 PM
As usual lovely photos April...:goodvibes

I'm so happy for you that your power wasn't out too long...

Hmmm...I'm just getting into facebook...didn't know it was an angry place...I'm kind of a live and let live person...no need for nastiness...:confused3

aaaateamsgrandma
11-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Good Monday morning April. Hope you have a great Monday

racefanof88
11-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Hey April, I hope the power has stayed on for you. I will be thinking about ya, have a great Tuesday.

aprilisis
11-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Isis is such a beautiful dog! What an adorable puppy. :lovestruc

Thanks! She has quite the personality, too! I just found your pre-pre trip report & caught up on 18 pages. I'm so happy you are still going in January!

Love all the pics! I can't wait to see all the holiday decorations in person next month.

You will love it- it is so amazing!!

Good morning April. All is good so far today. Yay to Friday. I only work till noon today. I love your pictures and that Isis is the sweetest puppy. I want to wrap my arms around her and let her lick me to pieces. She is huggable.

How fun to go to Washington. My boss is going mid Dec. for a week to some island. Just he and his wife. His daughter lives out there and they go every year, but this time they are doing this island instead. Glad cause he needs a vacay and glad cause he'll be out of the office. And he is going to Monroe the week of March 22. I can't stand it. Two vacays. So unlike him.

Have a great weekend. Sheri, Sharon and I are going for pedi's tomorrow and then lunch.

How were the pedis? Thank goodness you get 2 breaks from your boss. Now- if you can get that cruise in the Spring, you will have 3 breaks from your boss! :thumbsup2

Morning April,

You are a fantastic photographer. Love the two of Isis. Hope you have a great weekend.

Thanks! I think it is just a luck/subject situation with the photos. :rotfl:
I'm loving your mini-TR within your TR!

aprilisis
11-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Great photos! I should try to take more artistic ones of architectural details. Usually I just point and snap! Nice doggie pictures too. Isis looks like a really fun dog.

Thanks! She is a great dog, but WAY too smart. It is scary.

Happy Saturday!!! I love your pictures, I soooooooooo wish I had an eye for photography, I try, but I just don't have it :sad2:. What breed is Isis? I love the pictures of her. Thank you about the weather, I'm glad it was just a bad rain storm, well except for my power going on and off............grrrrrrrrrrr. My niece actually moved to Boston several years ago. She got married in September. I'm not sure where she works, but I know she has something to do with the theatrical group called The Gold Dust Orphans.

I hope you are having a great weekend.

Thanks! Isis is a mixed breed. I actually sent away for one of the DNA tests for her & they said her primary breed was "unidentifiable", but her secondary is American Staffordshire Terrier. I think she is an Australian Dingo. :rotfl: Just kidding- but that's what she looks like! Thanks again for your prayers with the power situation. I totally freaked out for a while, there.

Bless you. I know how hard it is to be without power. I do pretty well till there is no water. I bet your weather is cold to boot too. Hope your day tomorrow goes much better.

Thank you! So far, so good today. Have a great weekend!

As usual lovely photos April...:goodvibes

I'm so happy for you that your power wasn't out too long...

Hmmm...I'm just getting into facebook...didn't know it was an angry place...I'm kind of a live and let live person...no need for nastiness...:confused3

Thanks!!! I'm loving your PTR, by the way. :thumbsup2

Hey April, I hope the power has stayed on for you. I will be thinking about ya, have a great Tuesday.

Come to find out- an accident caused the outage! :scared1:

aprilisis
11-20-2009, 11:22 AM
I only have a few minutes, but I just wanted to update quickly- work has been CRAZY, so I haven't been able to update much. I have been spending endless hours at home scanning old photos for my Grandma's Christmas gift. Nothing much is new- except I put a down payment on a treadmill at Sears!!!
I'm off to IKEA soon & hopefully will not spend too much there. Have a great weekend, everyone!!!

racefanof88
11-20-2009, 12:44 PM
April, glad to hear the power has stayed on. I hope no one was injured in the accident. I showed Dale one of your pictures of Isis and he said she looked like she has wolf in her. Now granted Dale is no vet........lol, but he does love dogs.

Have a great weekend :thumbsup2.

longing2Batdisney
11-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi! April
hope things slow down for you...Isis does look like a Dingo...I never could place my finger on what she looked like but I have to agree with you on that one! :lmao:
she is beautiful, that is for sure!!

aaaateamsgrandma
11-20-2009, 01:44 PM
I have a really nice treadmill from Sears in my bedroom. Right now it is holding my robe and does a darn fine job of it. Keeps it off the floor and everything. I do have a picture of Austin moonwalking on it to show it does get used.

Have a great weekend.

aprilisis
11-25-2009, 08:27 AM
April, glad to hear the power has stayed on. I hope no one was injured in the accident. I showed Dale one of your pictures of Isis and he said she looked like she has wolf in her. Now granted Dale is no vet........lol, but he does love dogs.

Have a great weekend :thumbsup2.

Believe it or not, I saw ANOTHER accident on the way home last night!!! I would not be surprised if Isis DID have some wolf in her- she is VERY strong-willed.

Hi! April
hope things slow down for you...Isis does look like a Dingo...I never could place my finger on what she looked like but I have to agree with you on that one! :lmao:
she is beautiful, that is for sure!!

Thanks!

aprilisis
11-25-2009, 08:28 AM
I have a really nice treadmill from Sears in my bedroom. Right now it is holding my robe and does a darn fine job of it. Keeps it off the floor and everything. I do have a picture of Austin moonwalking on it to show it does get used.

Have a great weekend.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

aprilisis
11-25-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm alive! I have had SUCH a busy week so far. I'm going to John's tomorrow for Thanksgiving & I'm excited, but nervous at the same time. I just hope everyone likes me!
I thought I would share some of the photos I have been scanning for my Grandma's Christmas gift (the photo DVD). So far, I have over 750 photos!!!

Me with Goofy in 2008:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/11-19-2009_001.jpg

This is me at my Dad's wedding at age 6:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/11-19-2009_004.jpg

My Great Grandmother & friends:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/11-19-2009_007.jpg

I don't even know these people!
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/11-19-2009_012.jpg

My cousin's daughter (she is now 9):
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/11-19-2009_052.jpg

Me with Isis 10 years ago:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/11-19-2009_068.jpg

Isis 10 years ago:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/11-19-2009_070.jpg

My brother & Grandfather (About 19 years ago):
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/11-19-2009_085.jpg

Finally, my brother & I last summer:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/11-19-2009_195.jpg

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I will hopefully be back on the Dis more next week.

racefanof88
11-25-2009, 10:11 PM
I know I posted on here. Taking these pain pills have me goofy. Thats my excuse anyway........:lmao:. I am sure you grandmother will love her Christmas gift. I know I would, because it takes a lot of love to do something like you're doing.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I hope you have a great time at John's tomorrow.

aaaateamsgrandma
11-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving April. We made our trek to Tennessee last night and Sandi has made breakfast and working on our dinner.

I love those pix. Your grandmother is going to love them. That one of you and goofy is awesome. Hope you have decent weather.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Ginny

PracPerfPatricia
11-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Hey April,

I love the photos...:goodvibes...Don't you love finding old photos of people/relatives you don't know...it's like a great mystery...:goodvibes

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving...:goodvibes

aprilisis
11-30-2009, 05:58 PM
I've been having such a busy week at work that I'm only able to update on my phone today. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I just had to tell you my news...Sue Ellen at Dreams Unlimited Travel got me an AP rate at Yacht Club for January! I love WL, but at the same time, I want to stay at each resort at least once. I've never stayed at Yacht or Beach club before! Plus it was only $20 more per night. I'm excited! I'm hoping to post replies & updates tomorrow. I'm still trying to keep up with everyone's trip & pre-trip reports, too. Ginny, you have some great photos from Ohana- I loved them!

aprilisis
12-01-2009, 03:52 PM
I know I posted on here. Taking these pain pills have me goofy. Thats my excuse anyway........:lmao:. I am sure you grandmother will love her Christmas gift. I know I would, because it takes a lot of love to do something like you're doing.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I hope you have a great time at John's tomorrow.

Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! I hope it was a great one. John's house was a ton of fun! His family is very warm & they have a great sense of humor.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving April. We made our trek to Tennessee last night and Sandi has made breakfast and working on our dinner.

I love those pix. Your grandmother is going to love them. That one of you and goofy is awesome. Hope you have decent weather.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Ginny

Thanks! How was Tennessee??

Hey April,

I love the photos...:goodvibes...Don't you love finding old photos of people/relatives you don't know...it's like a great mystery...:goodvibes

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving...:goodvibes

Thanks! The photos were getting me a little teary-eyed. I can't wait to finish the project & see it done, though.

aaaateamsgrandma
12-01-2009, 04:00 PM
ok April, Yacht Club. That is fantastic. See I know you guys are animal lovers as am I but give me a beach theme. I am so on it. That is awesome. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Ginny

longing2Batdisney
12-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Wow! the Yacht club how GREAT!!! I want to visit all the resorts next year when we go; just to see what they all look like and their Christmas decorations...told Danny we may need an entire day just for that :rotfl2:

Glad to hear your Thanksgiving was a fun and wonderful!

aprilisis
12-02-2009, 01:03 PM
ok April, Yacht Club. That is fantastic. See I know you guys are animal lovers as am I but give me a beach theme. I am so on it. That is awesome. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Ginny

I can't believe the luck I had with the AP rate! I had to pinch myself.

Wow! the Yacht club how GREAT!!! I want to visit all the resorts next year when we go; just to see what they all look like and their Christmas decorations...told Danny we may need an entire day just for that :rotfl2:

Glad to hear your Thanksgiving was a fun and wonderful!

You will LOVE the Christmas decorations in all of the resorts. You definitely have to see the Boardwalk & Grand Floridian. My favorites are the trees in the WL lobby & AKL lobby. They are enormous! The Osborne Lights at DHS is really incredible, though. I think I have a video of a portion of it. If I do, I will post it soon. I am still hoping to get down there in November/December next year. It would be awesome if our trips overlap!!!

aprilisis
12-02-2009, 01:23 PM
I found it, Connie!
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/th_100_2151.jpg (http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/?action=view&current=100_2151.flv)

Well, I managed to get and ADR at Cape May Cafe for breakfast on January 15th! I've been crazy with Christmas shopping. I also typed up all of my mom's addresses into mailing labels so she won't have to write everything out by hand. I took photos of Isis for this year's card:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1873.jpg

I am such a goof, I know. Now...dang! Work interrupts! :mad: I miss you guys!!!

longing2Batdisney
12-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks! April!!!
looks beautiful...and Isis looks festvie
:santa:

aaaateamsgrandma
12-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Isis makes a wonderful Christmas puppy. Did you read on Mel's tr that Princess escaped Monday night? I was about to shoot her if I had found her. After 4 hours of looking Sheri and Mike found her about 3/4 mile from home. She was full of cuckleburrs and had a gash on her forhead. And managed to eat something that even today her tummy is full and hard. Naughty Princess. I gave her a bath and tended her wound but Friday she will go for a haircut once again. It's neverending with that dog. I threatened her next time I was not looking for her. I'm such a liar. Sheri said she knew she wouldn't sleep till she was found. Me either but I don't want Princess to know that. It shall be our secret. She has not left my side since she has been home.

I hate being busy at work. I hear that the chicken salad is good at Cape May but you probably don't want it for breakfast.

When I was a kid my uncle had a place in Cape May NJ that we stayed a month at. I want to eat at the Cape May rest. just to bring that memory back to me.

Ginny

Ginny

aprilisis
12-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks! April!!!
looks beautiful...and Isis looks festvie
:santa:

Thanks! I'm playing catch-up on everyone's TR's today. I'll be over to yours next!

Isis makes a wonderful Christmas puppy. Did you read on Mel's tr that Princess escaped Monday night? I was about to shoot her if I had found her. After 4 hours of looking Sheri and Mike found her about 3/4 mile from home. She was full of cuckleburrs and had a gash on her forhead. And managed to eat something that even today her tummy is full and hard. Naughty Princess. I gave her a bath and tended her wound but Friday she will go for a haircut once again. It's neverending with that dog. I threatened her next time I was not looking for her. I'm such a liar. Sheri said she knew she wouldn't sleep till she was found. Me either but I don't want Princess to know that. It shall be our secret. She has not left my side since she has been home.

I hate being busy at work. I hear that the chicken salad is good at Cape May but you probably don't want it for breakfast.

When I was a kid my uncle had a place in Cape May NJ that we stayed a month at. I want to eat at the Cape May rest. just to bring that memory back to me.

Ginny

Ginny

Oh my goodness....I would have FREAKED out completely if I were you!!! You must have been SO worried. I wonder what she ate. Has she gotten sick at all?

PracPerfPatricia
12-07-2009, 02:42 PM
YACHT CLUB! How the heck did I miss that?:eek:

Wow -good for you...I love the WL but am jonesing to try out the Beach Club...

can't wait to see the photos...

longing2Batdisney
12-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Hello! April
stopping by to say hi! hope you had a nice weekend!
:wave2: :santa: Connie

aaaateamsgrandma
12-07-2009, 05:41 PM
That silly dog never did get sick. Thank goodness. After her last 2 bouts of the stomach stuff I didn't want another. We had a stray schnauzer show up at our door on Sat. She was there about 2 hours and her owners came and got her. I'm glad we live in a small subdivision. Only 102 houses and everyone pretty much knows other neighbors dogs.

aprilisis
12-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Hello! April
stopping by to say hi! hope you had a nice weekend!
:wave2: :santa: Connie

Thanks, you, too! Is Ashton feeling better?

That silly dog never did get sick. Thank goodness. After her last 2 bouts of the stomach stuff I didn't want another. We had a stray schnauzer show up at our door on Sat. She was there about 2 hours and her owners came and got her. I'm glad we live in a small subdivision. Only 102 houses and everyone pretty much knows other neighbors dogs.

That is definitely a good thing to have close neighbors. We live across the street from a police officer- I love having him there. I'm glad Princess didn't get sick!

aaaateamsgrandma
12-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Good morning April. Hope you are well and your weather isn't too sucky. We have cold and rain but the snow shouldl stay north this time. Good thing. Girls weekend out starts Friday at noon. So we are hoping for good weather. I'm not driving so it won't affect me much. Have a good day.

aprilisis
12-08-2009, 12:21 PM
This past weekend I did a TON of gift wrapping- which just made me realize how much more shopping I have to do. I took photos of my momís dog for their Christmas cards. She ended up choosing these 2:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1924.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1918.jpg

I also finished assembling my treadmill with John last night. It took longer than we expected because John was making me laugh with ridiculous comments. It was actually fun. Tonight is the Biggest Loser finale, so I plan to run for about an hour when I get home from work. I have Valerie Bertinelli's new audiobook to listen to while I run. I may even dare take a "before" photo of myself. :rotfl: My stepmom is in Disney right now- yesterday was her birthday! So this weekend I think I might finish up my shopping & get a tree. I also have to finish up my photo DVD for my Grandmother. This project has made me download Kenny Rogers music!!! Hahaha Iím sure tons of people love him- he just isnít my cup of tea. LOL I had a bunch of big band music from the 40ís & some Dean Martin, Sinatra, and Bing Crosby Christmas music to add in.
Other than that, I have been trying to get my thoughts together for my trip- 38 days away now. I did plan to meet up with my cousin on the 14th or 15th. Here is my latest itinerary:

Jan 14th- John will drop me off at Providence airport on his way to work around 5-5:30am. I take off at 7:40am (hopefully) & land at MCO at 10:55am. I will catch a ride on Magical Express & check in (if I can) at Yacht Club. :sail: I plan to go right to Downtown Disney. Iím going to start at West Side & work my way to the Marketplace. Iím going to check out all of the shops. After that, I want to make my way over to the former Pleasure Island. I want to try to grab a quick bite at Paradiso 37 if it is possible. After that, I plan to take my time in each of the Marketplace shops. I am seriously going to spend hours browsing. I canít wait! If my cousin shows up, we will probably grab a drink or two :drinking1 & maybe even head to EPCOT.

Jan 15th- I will be up bright & early to get breakfast at Cape May Cafť. I ate here once before on my first solo WDW trip. I found some of the photos from that breakfast:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5081.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5082.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5080.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5079.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5087.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5088.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5090.jpg

What a difference 5 years makesÖI was a whole different person thenÖand I weighed about 40 pounds less then, too! :eek:
I am going to EPCOT right from breakfast & staying until they close. My first ride is Spaceship Earth every time. Iím going to try to find our photo tile from 2000 on the Leave a Legacy things. After that, I will get over to get a Soariní FP and go to Living with the Land. I might grab a snack at Seasons- just because I love their food so much & head off to the Seas with Nemo & Friends. I like to hang around there for a while & see Turtle Talk if the timing is right. Next up will be Test Track. I MIGHT do Mission Space beforehand if I am feeling ok. I plan to spend the rest of my time wandering the shops of World Showcase. I might stop back to do Ellenís Energy Adventure or to go to Journey into Imagination, but Iím not 100% sure on that yet. I DO know, however, that I will be going back to Future World for Soariní. I am hoping I get to ride more than once.
That night I have an ADR for Tutto Italia & EPCOT has PM EMH. Things donít get better than that for me. :cloud9:This will be my first time at Tutto Italia & I am looking forward to it.

Jan. 16th- I have a morning ADR for Donaldís Safari Breakfast. :donald: After breakfast, I will go on Kilimanjaro safari, Pangani Exploration Trail, get a vegetarian egg roll (at a cart on the way from Africa to Asia), then go to Everest. I will get a fastpass & then go into the single rider line. I will ride as many times as I can & then go to Primeval Whirl & Dinosaur. Iím going to walk Lisaís hidden trail around the Tree of Life & head back to the room to get ready for Artist Point for dinner. I havenít been here since 2005, so I am REALLY looking forward to it! After dinner, I will take the boat over to MK, which closes at 11pm. :hmghost: I am going to do as much as I can there that night. I would like to shop as much as I can. There may be a late night veggie burger from Cosmic Rayís thrown in there, too, since I have such an early dinner that night.

Jan. 17th- This is my last full day. :-( Iím going to DHS as early as I wake up. I have an early lunch at 50ís Prime Time. I plan to get to Tower of Terror (several times- it is my favorite), Rock n Rollercoaster, Toy Story Mania, Muppet Vision 3-D, and the Animation Academy. Iíve never done the Animation Academy before, so I am looking forward to it. I have a dinner ADR at California Grill. After dinner, I will be going to MK for the PM EMH. Iím going to stay for the entire time if I can. Iíd like to stay until closing & sit and people watch as the crowds exit the park.

Jan. 18th- My flight leaves at 12:45pm, so I wonít have much time for anything this morning. I will have time for a quick breakfast & maybe a stop in the gift shop. I get back into Providence at about 3:30pm & John will pick me up & take me home.

So- 37 days!! :hyper: Iím having some anxiety about flying and about missing Isis & John. I know it is only 4 days, but I am uncomfortable with every minute Isis is out of my sight. I usually call home 2 times a day to check on her! I guess thatís it for now. I hope everyone is having a great week.

aaaateamsgrandma
12-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Grand plans. So excitd for you. I could do my Birthday in Disney. Your lucky step mom. I wish you well with the treadmill. Maybe you will get me motivated also. I have at least cleaned it off and dusted it.

Ginny

mickeystoontown
12-08-2009, 12:50 PM
How in the fruit did I miss that you are now staying at the Yacht Club? I have had some problems with not getting emails on my subscribed to threads. I understand you loving the WL but also wanting to try something new.

I absolutely love the pictures you took to use as Christmas cards.

Your trip is just around the corner!

aprilisis
12-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Grand plans. So excitd for you. I could do my Birthday in Disney. Your lucky step mom. I wish you well with the treadmill. Maybe you will get me motivated also. I have at least cleaned it off and dusted it.

Ginny

My stepmom just came home late last night to this cold weather. I will find out today if she had fun! I surprised myself by using the treadmill for an hour Tuesday & an hour Wednesday. Last night I didn't use it because I got home from work at 8:30pm. My "check engine" light came on during my drive home, too.

How in the fruit did I miss that you are now staying at the Yacht Club? I have had some problems with not getting emails on my subscribed to threads. I understand you loving the WL but also wanting to try something new.

I absolutely love the pictures you took to use as Christmas cards.

Your trip is just around the corner!

Thanks!!! I have been loving your tr- the photos from the mission are great!

Lady Lallie
12-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Jen & I are going to be at Cape May on the 15th too! What time is your ADR?

aprilisis
12-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Jen & I are going to be at Cape May on the 15th too! What time is your ADR?

No way! It is at 9:05am. Yours??

Lady Lallie
12-11-2009, 09:16 AM
No way! It is at 9:05am. Yours??

8:05AM...I think. Yeah, that's it. I checked. I bet we'll see each other! :thumbsup2

aprilisis
12-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Good Morning, everyone! I don't know if you have been following long, but I finally completed the photo DVD I made for my Grandma! I wanted to include a note with it & I need your opinion if you think it is too much. It is just me being honest & sincere, but I'm not sure if it is overkill. What do you think?:

Grandma- I put this DVD together by scanning in a bunch of photos- 807 to be exact. I recruited Roberta to run in & grab some of your photos while you weren't home. She also gave me a bunch of her photos to scan. Lauren & I sat & went through all of her photos on one Sunday and she allowed me to borrow them to scan. I also had a few photos of my own that I included. This was definitely only possible because of their help. I honestly didnít expect SO much help when I sent everyone an e-mail asking them for help in October. I also downloaded some music that you might like and paired it with some I had that I thought you would like.
I started this project because I wanted to try to find a way to express to you my appreciation for your love, acceptance of me into your fantastic family, and for the wonderful person you are. I want you to know that you and Grandpa have created such a loving family full of great-hearted people and I am SO thankful that you all continue to allow me to be a part of it. It is not my intent to make you cry- but I know you will- it was to allow you to see all of the happiness and wonderful memories you have given us all. We are all now the happy, good-hearted people we are today because of the love you and Grandpa have given us. This isnít nearly enough to say it, but, from the bottom of my heart- THANK YOU. I love you. Merry Christmas!

I thought I would share a few photos from the DVD, too:
Grandma's High School Photo
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/grhs.jpg

Grandma & Grandpa while dating
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/grgrdating1.jpg

An old family photo with Santa (my stepmom is the smallest one)
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/gramkidsxmas.jpg

My cousins & I in the early 80's (I'm in the middle)
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/kidspool.jpg

My brother & Isis
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/11-19-2009_076.jpg

Now on to the more relevant photos...
One of their early Disney trips (my aunts)
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/pamwdw.jpg

Now on to our family trips:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/tt.jpg

Inside the Seas:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/livingseas.jpg

Kennedy Space Center:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/ksc.jpg

Animal Kingdom:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/fam.jpg

We are the 1st 2 rows!
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/dino_03.jpg

We took up a whole boat!!
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Splash_03lg.jpg

Waiting for the British Invasion
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/022_21.jpg

Charlie's Angels style (My stepmom, me, Grandma)

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/angels.jpg

So for songs I chose:
"Through the Years" by Kenny Rogers
"Silver Bells" by Bing Crosby
"Sing, Sing, Sing" by Benny Goodman
"I'll be Home for Christmas" by Johnny Mathis
"You Raise me Up" by Josh Groban
"The First Noel" by Josh Groban
"Lucky" by Jason Mraz & Colby Caillat
"White Christmas" by Bing Crosby
"When you Wish Upon a Star"
"Baby, it's Cold Outside" by Dean Martin
"In the Mood" by Glen Miller
"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Frank Sinatra
"Moonlight Serenade" by The Glen Miller Orchestra
"The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole
"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" (one of my favs)
"Run Rudolph Run" by Chuck Berry
"You've Got a Friend in Me"
"O Holy Night" by Mark Harris
"A Whole New World"
"Mele Kalikimaka" by Bing Crosby
"Can you feel the Love Tonight"
"A Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives

Thanks for listening- any opinions or comments are welcome- I need all the help I can get!

aprilisis
12-11-2009, 10:10 AM
8:05AM...I think. Yeah, that's it. I checked. I bet we'll see each other! :thumbsup2

That would be really cool! I really do hope our paths cross at least once. I hope you have a great trip! :goodvibes

mickeystoontown
12-11-2009, 10:13 AM
First off....you were right, your grandmother is going to cry because I am wiping away tears myself. Your wording is perfect because I can tell they came straight from your heart. You and your grandmother are both blessed to have each other in your lives.

aprilisis
12-11-2009, 10:35 AM
First off....you were right, your grandmother is going to cry because I am wiping away tears myself. Your wording is perfect because I can tell they came straight from your heart. You and your grandmother are both blessed to have each other in your lives.

Thanks, Lisa! You don't think it is too much?? It isn't often that I get SO open or "mushy", but I learned all to much last year to let people in my life know what they mean to me while I still can. She really is a cool Grandma, too- she is on Facebook! :rotfl:

mickeystoontown
12-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks, Lisa! You don't think it is too much?? It isn't often that I get SO open or "mushy", but I learned all to much last year to let people in my life know what they mean to me while I still can. She really is a cool Grandma, too- she is on Facebook! :rotfl:

It's definitely not too much. When I become a grandmother, I hope that my grandchildren cherish me just as much as you cherish your grandmother.

Life is so very short and we have to let all of our loved ones know how much they mean to us. You just never know when they'll be taken away.

Wrexie
12-11-2009, 04:29 PM
I love the family pictures! We just had a 70th birthday party for my Mom, and my husband, my sister, and I put together a 20-minute power point presentation with old photos, home movies, and video clips. It was so much fun and she loved it!

Grandmothers are very special people. I don't have any children of my own but have three wonderful stepkids, so I hope someday I get to be a step-grandma. :)

aaaateamsgrandma
12-13-2009, 11:27 PM
April. That is wonderful what you wrote for your grandma. She will cry (cause that is what we do) and looking at the pix she will laugh and cry. It is all wonderful. I too had such a wonderful grandma and I know my life would have been so different if she weren't in my life. I vowed at a very young age (before I met Don and even thought of family) that I would be the best grandma ever. Several years ago I was in the back seat of the car and Austin was on one side, Andrea and Andrew squished beside me and Alex on my lap. We were just going 3 blocks to Sheri's house. I knew right then that was why I was put on this earth. I had a good life always but with the grands it became so full.

You are a wonderful granddaughter to have.

Ginny

If U Had Wings
12-14-2009, 10:40 AM
The pics and you message to your grandmother are wonderful. She's going to absolutely adore it.

aprilisis
12-14-2009, 01:08 PM
I will definitely be back this week to post some replies, but I wanted to spread some Christmas Cheer today. I decorated the tree yesterday & I wanted to share some photos & some of the Disney Ornaments we have. :goodvibes

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1941.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1940.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1939.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1936.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1934.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1933.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1932.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1931.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1930.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1926-1.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1964.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1956.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1947.jpg

Have a great week, everyone!!!

mickeystoontown
12-14-2009, 01:50 PM
What a beautiful Christmas tree! You just gave me a really good idea. I have oodles and oodles of stuffed Disney characters (the kind like everybody used to collect....TY) Those would look good on a Christmas tree.

longing2Batdisney
12-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Hello! April
your solo plans so good! It's getting so close now!
The DVD for your grandmother looks awesome....love your song list. And great job on the note!

your tree looks festive, fun, a merry!!! love the disney decor...
Have a great day!:santa:

PracPerfPatricia
12-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Wow April...you are getting closer and closer by the day!...:goodvibes

Your intinerary looks awesome...I've never done the CB at Cape May...looks so fun...the characters wear such cute costumes....:thumbsup2

I think that your grandmother is going to be absolutely thrilled...what a lovely thing to have done for her...:love:

Great family vacation photos...

Lady Lallie
12-14-2009, 09:02 PM
I love your Tree! We had Dodger on our tree for years and years!

So I lied to you...we are going to Cape May on Saturday not Friday. :sad2:

aaaateamsgrandma
12-16-2009, 12:39 PM
I so failed to comment on your tree. I love it. The Disney ornaments are great. So very cute. You have a big fat tree. Mine is skinny. Have a good day.

racefanof88
12-18-2009, 02:48 AM
Your grandmother is going to love her present. I think it is great that you put so much feeling into the gift card. From experience, in my job, I have learned that the one thing most elderly people want is to know they haven't been tossed aside because they are older. Everyone wants to feel like they have made a difference in the lives of the people they love and when you give your grandmother her gift this Christmas, she will have no doubt.

Your tree is so pretty. It looks huge. How does Isis like it? Niko barked and growled at ours for the first day or so then he decided it wasn't going to hurt him or us and now he just ignores it.........:rotfl:.

aprilisis
12-18-2009, 08:56 AM
It's definitely not too much. When I become a grandmother, I hope that my grandchildren cherish me just as much as you cherish your grandmother.

Life is so very short and we have to let all of our loved ones know how much they mean to us. You just never know when they'll be taken away.

Lisa- that is EXACTLY why I'm doing this. I have lost so many family members in the past decade that I want to make sure I let them all know how much they mean to me. I lost my Aunt & some grandparents without having that opportunity & I regret it every day.

I love the family pictures! We just had a 70th birthday party for my Mom, and my husband, my sister, and I put together a 20-minute power point presentation with old photos, home movies, and video clips. It was so much fun and she loved it!

Grandmothers are very special people. I don't have any children of my own but have three wonderful stepkids, so I hope someday I get to be a step-grandma. :)

Thanks! I'm sure you will make a great step-grandma! Did I mention that this is my step-Grandma?? :) My Dad is not married to my stepmom anymore, but I am still VERY close with their family.

April. That is wonderful what you wrote for your grandma. She will cry (cause that is what we do) and looking at the pix she will laugh and cry. It is all wonderful. I too had such a wonderful grandma and I know my life would have been so different if she weren't in my life. I vowed at a very young age (before I met Don and even thought of family) that I would be the best grandma ever. Several years ago I was in the back seat of the car and Austin was on one side, Andrea and Andrew squished beside me and Alex on my lap. We were just going 3 blocks to Sheri's house. I knew right then that was why I was put on this earth. I had a good life always but with the grands it became so full.

You are a wonderful granddaughter to have.

Ginny

I am so afraid to make her cry!! It is really just so important to me that she knows how much I appreciate all she does for our family.

The pics and you message to your grandmother are wonderful. She's going to absolutely adore it.

Thanks! I was not sure about including the message until I heard everyone's input. I'm not normally so open & expressive, but I feel like I have to be in this case.

What a beautiful Christmas tree! You just gave me a really good idea. I have oodles and oodles of stuffed Disney characters (the kind like everybody used to collect....TY) Those would look good on a Christmas tree.

Thanks! Your tree looks so nice- like it has a theme. Mine is a mish-mash of years of non-matching ornaments!

Hello! April
your solo plans so good! It's getting so close now!
The DVD for your grandmother looks awesome....love your song list. And great job on the note!

your tree looks festive, fun, a merry!!! love the disney decor...
Have a great day!:santa:

Thanks! I am going to get caught up on your report today- I have been MIA for a few days, so I'm sure I'm about 10 pages behind. :lmao:

Wow April...you are getting closer and closer by the day!...:goodvibes

Your intinerary looks awesome...I've never done the CB at Cape May...looks so fun...the characters wear such cute costumes....:thumbsup2

I think that your grandmother is going to be absolutely thrilled...what a lovely thing to have done for her...:love:

Great family vacation photos...

Thanks! I am playing catch up on my reports today, so I am going to be over to yours shortly. :)

I love your Tree! We had Dodger on our tree for years and years!

So I lied to you...we are going to Cape May on Saturday not Friday. :sad2:

Oh! That's ok. Will you still be at the MK pm EMH on Sunday?

Your grandmother is going to love her present. I think it is great that you put so much feeling into the gift card. From experience, in my job, I have learned that the one thing most elderly people want is to know they haven't been tossed aside because they are older. Everyone wants to feel like they have made a difference in the lives of the people they love and when you give your grandmother her gift this Christmas, she will have no doubt.

Your tree is so pretty. It looks huge. How does Isis like it? Niko barked and growled at ours for the first day or so then he decided it wasn't going to hurt him or us and now he just ignores it.........:rotfl:.

Thanks! :rotfl2:That is SO funny about Niko!!! Isis just sniffed the tree a bit. I think she is just used to the tradition. Now- I can't put presents under the tree until late Christmas Eve because she would open EVERY SINGLE ONE while I'm at work. She knows she gets a couple of wrapped presents every year & she would definitely be looking for them. She not only opens the gifts, but she then rips all of the wrapping paper into a billion teeny tiny pieces so it takes forever to clean it up. It is so funny to see her do that, though. I will definitely be posting video of that after Christmas!

Lady Lallie
12-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Yes, we will be at MK for EMH's for sure. :thumbsup2

aprilisis
12-18-2009, 09:52 AM
John's birthday was Wednesday night, so I took him to Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse. He got the prime rib & sweet potato fries and I got a double order of steamed veggies & mashed potatoes. My meal was under $7!!! I gave him a magazine subscription & a North Face fleece jacket.
Today I work until 11:30, then I am meeting my friend, Greg on the way home to see The Princess & the Frog and maybe get some lunch. I'm not sure what I am doing this weekend, but I know I will at least be wrapping gifts, finishing up my shopping & running on my treadmill to combat some of the holiday stress that is creeping up on me.
You may remember that I had 3 cats at the start of the year. Two were siamese from the same litter & the other was my orange tabby who was a stray. One of the siamese (the one with the crooked tail in the following photo) passed early this year at age 19.

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/KB2-1.jpg

We lost the orange tabby to some kind of stroke just last month. Well, the other night we thought the other siamese was on his way out- he is now age 20. It must have just been a bad night- he seems to feel a little better today. Thank goodness. This is Binky:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/binky.jpg

Have a great weekend, everyone!!!

If U Had Wings
12-18-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm so sorry about your cats. I hope Binky is doing better!:goodvibes

aaaateamsgrandma
12-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Lucky John. That sounds like a great birthday dinner and present. I hope Binky feels better soon. Age is hard on pet parents.

Have a great weekend. I want to know about Princess and the frog.

Ginny

aprilisis
12-18-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm so sorry about your cats. I hope Binky is doing better!:goodvibes

Thanks! :hug: I just discovered your PTR! I have 40 pages of reading to do. :rotfl:

Lucky John. That sounds like a great birthday dinner and present. I hope Binky feels better soon. Age is hard on pet parents.

Have a great weekend. I want to know about Princess and the frog.

Ginny

Thanks, Ginny! I will definitely tell you about the movie. I wish I was more motivated, but it is tough to WANT to go out in 20 degree weather!! :laughing: You have a great weekend, too!!

aprilisis
12-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Guess what came in the mail Friday?!?!?!

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1968.jpg

Friday I went to see "The Princess & the Frog" (http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/princessandthefrog/) with my friend, Greg. It was VERY good. I really enjoyed it! This weekend I got some shopping done & Sunday we got a bit of snow, so I stayed in, made vegetarian chili, and watched "Doctor Zhivago". (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059113/)

I have 24 days before my trip & I know they will be flying by. I'm starting to think about what to take with me & what I want to get while I'm there. So far, I know I will be taking my trip journal:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1975.jpg

My book to read before sleep:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1979.jpg

My beat up old phone (unless Santa brings a new one):

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1993.jpg

Some sweatshirts/fleece jackets:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1984.jpg

My Eeyore makeup bag:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2011.jpg

and My Dis visor to keep the sun off of my face:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1973.jpg

And it will all be crammed into this:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_1972.jpg

Now you may laugh at my pink suitcase, but it is easy to find at baggage claim! Though- this time, Magical Express will be picking it up for me. :thumbsup2

I have an Animal Kingdom towel:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/AK_Towel.jpg

and I want to get one from each of the other parks. Of course I will be getting a hoodie & gifts for the children of relatives, co-workers, & friends.

I have to make a list...after Christmas, though. This week is going to be nutty. I am really looking forward to our office party Thursday at noon & giving that dvd to my Grandma Christmas Eve. :santa: Have a great Christmas and holiday season, everyone!!!

Lady Lallie
12-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Looks like you are really ready! I love your Animal Kingdom towel, it's so cute. I love all the characters on it.

aaaateamsgrandma
12-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Looks like you have it all under control. I hope getting your ME pass makes you feel better about that part of your trip.

My computer at home has been broken for a week now. So I'm using Don's slower than molasses (my old one) laptop. It's just not worth getting on the internet to try and look stuff up.

Have a wonderful Christmas. I hope you told Santa you need a new phone

longing2Batdisney
12-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Sorry, to hear about Blinky...
sounds like a great evening with John for a bday celebration!!!
love all the pre packing pictures....looks like you are getting in the vibe...
:dancer: it will be here before you know it :dancer:
have a great day!
:wave2: Connie

mickeystoontown
12-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Oh April, I am so sorry to hear about your kitties. Losing a pet is like losing a family member.

It sounds like John had a great birthday. Lucky guy!

Doesn't it make you feel like dancin' when you start getting your Mickey mail? I know it always makes me wanna do this....:banana:

It looks like you have got your stuff all in order. Now all you have to do is count down the days. They should go fast with Christmas and New Year's being thrown into the mix.

If U Had Wings
12-22-2009, 12:03 PM
I always love when my ME stuff comes. That's when the trip starts feeling "real" to me!

aprilisis
12-23-2009, 12:34 PM
I only have a minute to post, so I wanted to say
:santa::santa:MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!:santa::santa:

aaaateamsgrandma
12-23-2009, 12:40 PM
And Merry Christmas to you April. Hope your weather holds off so you can do everything you planned.

Ginny

mickeystoontown
12-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Merry Christmas to you my dear Dis friend!

aaaateamsgrandma
12-24-2009, 11:56 PM
ONE LAST MERRY CHRISTMAS TO A DEAR DIS SISTER

Ginny

aprilisis
12-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Looks like you are really ready! I love your Animal Kingdom towel, it's so cute. I love all the characters on it.

Thanks! I'm definitely not mentally ready for this trip. :laughing: I feel unorganized. I'm wondering if the security process will be different now, too.

Looks like you have it all under control. I hope getting your ME pass makes you feel better about that part of your trip.

My computer at home has been broken for a week now. So I'm using Don's slower than molasses (my old one) laptop. It's just not worth getting on the internet to try and look stuff up.

Have a wonderful Christmas. I hope you told Santa you need a new phone

Yikes! I hope you got your internet issues straightened out!

Sorry, to hear about Blinky...
sounds like a great evening with John for a bday celebration!!!
love all the pre packing pictures....looks like you are getting in the vibe...
:dancer: it will be here before you know it :dancer:
have a great day!

I'm DYING for this trip. 17 days and counting! Well, Mr. Binkers pulled through- I swear that cat will outlive me! :rotfl:

Oh April, I am so sorry to hear about your kitties. Losing a pet is like losing a family member.

It sounds like John had a great birthday. Lucky guy!

Doesn't it make you feel like dancin' when you start getting your Mickey mail? I know it always makes me wanna do this....:banana:

It looks like you have got your stuff all in order. Now all you have to do is count down the days. They should go fast with Christmas and New Year's being thrown into the mix.

Hopefully work will fly by this week & next. No boss! :woohoo:

And Merry Christmas to you April. Hope your weather holds off so you can do everything you planned.

Ginny

The weather was not too bad- I got to every place I was supposed to go. :thumbsup2

ONE LAST MERRY CHRISTMAS TO A DEAR DIS SISTER

Ginny

Thanks! I hope everyone had a great Christmas! :santa:

aprilisis
12-28-2009, 09:13 AM
So Christmas Eve went well. My Grandma liked the dvd & we all watched it. I got home at midnight to see this:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2028.jpg

She is such a sweetie. Christmas day was hectic. For my mom & me it was all food preparation. We took a break in the morning to open gifts. Isis has always loved to open her own gifts. My mom's dog, Gracie, just developed an enthusiasm this year....every gift I pulled out from under the tree- Gracie wanted it. It is pretty difficult to move aside a 120 pound dog when she doesn't want to move!!! :rotfl: These photos were from Christmas Day:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2040.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2052.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2050.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2048.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2041.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2044.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2057.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2062.jpg

I know some of you were wondering what John got me for Christmas- he seriously must have waited until the last minute because he got me this awful jewelry that I would NEVER wear in a million years. I can give him credit for at least getting something silver-ish. It was plastic & coated in silver-colored paint. TERRIBLE. And it was so big & clunky. I mean- he has seen the stuff I wear & should have an idea of what I like. I mean- he knows me SO well, that it makes me wonder why he got what he did. I was so disappointed. He has no time lately, either- it has been odd. I don't know what to do besides wait it out & see what happens. I mean- I'm a loner, so if things don't work out, I'm fine with being single. Sometimes it just stinks being disappointed by everyone all of the time when I try so hard to make people happy. :confused: Sorry for the pity party detour.

Well- my Grandmother got me the best gift! She got me the Keurig coffee maker. It makes 1 cup at a time, but it is SO fast. I love it!!!

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2128.jpg

I got to see my cousin, Tim's little by, Hayden- he is such a cutie pie & SO smart! At one point while I was taking pictures of him, he pointed at me & said "Stop that!" :rotfl2: He was SO tired, but so well-behaved & quiet.

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2084.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2104.jpg

Someone at work sent me an "edible arrangements" basket on Christmas Eve. That made my day.

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2756.jpg

I am SO ready to get away by myself. I need to do some thinking & I want to do some shopping!!!

Here is my color-coded spreadsheet:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/jandining.jpg

17 Days...I really need this. I think I will be getting a new phone today, too. Mine keeps randomly restarting. :headache:
I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Lady Lallie
12-28-2009, 09:23 AM
The pictures of the dogs opening their gifts are hilarious! I love them.

Sorry about the icky jewelry, I hope everything works out between the two of you. :hug:

17 days! Yahooo!! I'm really ready. I need a vacation BADLY.

aaaateamsgrandma
12-28-2009, 12:05 PM
What fun for the puppies to open presents. Looks like they really enjoyed themselves. I got Sheri and Sandi a Keurig also. Sandi hasn't opened hers yet but we had fun with Sheri's on Christmas day. Mike does not like strong coffee so whatever we made he just made a second cup with the pod that was in it. It was perfect to him. My fav flavor was an Italian roast something. I like strong coffee.

Sorry about John and the jewelry situation. Who knows what will happen between you but you know you will survive and be just fine no matter what. You have a good friendship base and that is very important. We are here for you too.

Have a good work week.

Ginny

mickeystoontown
12-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Morning April,

Did your grandmother cry when she saw the present? I know all of us Disers did.

I love the pictures of the dogs opening the presents. I think my favorites are the ones where they are laying in the mess that they made.

I'm sorry that you got crappy jewelry for Christmas. My husband does that every once in a while. He thinks he hasn't gotten me enough presents and he buys something random to "fill in". Hopefully, everything will work out for you.

I know that you are about ready to break into a dance since you are now just 17 days away from being at Disney World. I know I am .....:banana:

aprilisis
12-29-2009, 08:53 AM
The pictures of the dogs opening their gifts are hilarious! I love them.

Sorry about the icky jewelry, I hope everything works out between the two of you. :hug:

17 days! Yahooo!! I'm really ready. I need a vacation BADLY.

Thanks! I think I am being overly sensitive since this is a rough time of year for me as it is. 16 Days today!!! :banana::cool1::dance3::yay::woohoo:

What fun for the puppies to open presents. Looks like they really enjoyed themselves. I got Sheri and Sandi a Keurig also. Sandi hasn't opened hers yet but we had fun with Sheri's on Christmas day. Mike does not like strong coffee so whatever we made he just made a second cup with the pod that was in it. It was perfect to him. My fav flavor was an Italian roast something. I like strong coffee.

Sorry about John and the jewelry situation. Who knows what will happen between you but you know you will survive and be just fine no matter what. You have a good friendship base and that is very important. We are here for you too.

Have a good work week.

Ginny

Thanks, Ginny! John loves the strong coffee, too- my mom likes weak coffee, and I like lemon tea the best. We are all totally different! :laughing: I ordered a box of coffee for everyone today, though. That coffee maker is the best thing since sliced bread!!!

Morning April,

Did your grandmother cry when she saw the present? I know all of us Disers did.

I love the pictures of the dogs opening the presents. I think my favorites are the ones where they are laying in the mess that they made.

I'm sorry that you got crappy jewelry for Christmas. My husband does that every once in a while. He thinks he hasn't gotten me enough presents and he buys something random to "fill in". Hopefully, everything will work out for you.

I know that you are about ready to break into a dance since you are now just 17 days away from being at Disney World. I know I am .....:banana:

OMG- My Grandma read the note out loud & everyone cried! I felt bad. She said she has watched the dvd several times so far. I made copies for everyone in the family, too. I'm so glad the enjoyed it. We did all sit & watch it Christmas Eve & we laughed a lot, too, so it was great.
I think I'm reading too much into the gift & I am overthinking everything. I just have to relax....easier said than done! :rotfl:
I am FREAKING OUT with excitement about the trip. I can't wait!!!!:jumping1:

aprilisis
12-29-2009, 10:13 AM
16 Days to go! I can't wait!!! I keep checking the 10 day forecast on weather.com (http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/tenday/USFL0372?lswe=Orlando, FL&lwsa=Weather36HourOutdoorsCommand&from=whatmenu_dropdown_ski) and it looks like the weather will be cool in January. I can still keep my fingers crossed for a heat wave, though, can't I? Oh, well...One thing I know for sure is that it will definitely be warmer than Massachusetts. :cool1:
I went to get my new phone yesterday & got the Palm Pixi.
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Pixi.jpg

I just didn't want my other phone to die while I was away. It is really a big adjustment getting used to this new phone since I had the other phone for 2 years. I just hope I figure out more before I leave!
I ordered my 16gb sd card for my camera, too, so I can take 10 zillion photos & not run out of memory. I really wanted a new camera, but I have to settle for new tires instead. :rolleyes: Dang responsibilities!
I keep looking at the Yacht Club photos online & I'm a little worried that I will feel a bit out of place. I always feel that way in the Grand Floridian. I really am looking forward to being so close to EPCOT, though. I can't wait to browse the shops in World Showcase at my own pace. :yay:
Any suggestions for useful things to pack that I might forget?
I am going to try to post 2 "photos of the day" for the remaining 16. Here are #1 & #2:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/WDW%20Sept%2009/101_0764.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_0512.jpg

Have a great day, everyone!

aaaateamsgrandma
12-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Glad you got a new phone. I'm slow about changes too. And I don't know how to read the books. That would make it so much easier.

Love the pictures. I'm excited 2 a day. You will be fine at the Yacht Club. People are just people April, they just have different faces. So just smile and be your friendly self and you'll be fine.

I know your grandma would love that dvd. That is an awesome thing to have done for her. We did one for my Mom one year but she didn't appreciate all the work that Don put in it for her and she never watches it. Her loss. It was great and Don worked really hard.

omg, the sun just came out. I'm so excited.

Have a great day. Getting a power cord for the laptop today to see if that fixes it.

Ginny

Lady Lallie
12-29-2009, 11:17 AM
I love that picture of Epcot!

I feel like I'm forgetting things on my packing list but I can't figure out what they are. :confused3

PracPerfPatricia
12-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Hey April,

great coffee maker...:thumbsup2

It looks like the dogs had a fabulous Christmas...:lmao:(have you seen Marley and Me?) I am the owner of mini Marley...:lmao:

I can't believe that your trip is so very close...

how excited you must be...:cool1:

aaaateamsgrandma
12-30-2009, 12:19 AM
April. Remember we Dis Sister are here for you. Much love and hugs

Ginny

aprilisis
12-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Glad you got a new phone. I'm slow about changes too. And I don't know how to read the books. That would make it so much easier.

Love the pictures. I'm excited 2 a day. You will be fine at the Yacht Club. People are just people April, they just have different faces. So just smile and be your friendly self and you'll be fine.

I know your grandma would love that dvd. That is an awesome thing to have done for her. We did one for my Mom one year but she didn't appreciate all the work that Don put in it for her and she never watches it. Her loss. It was great and Don worked really hard.

omg, the sun just came out. I'm so excited.

Have a great day. Getting a power cord for the laptop today to see if that fixes it.

Ginny

Thanks! I'm glad you got your laptop fixed- I know how frustrating it is to have computer issues. Ugh.

I love that picture of Epcot!

I feel like I'm forgetting things on my packing list but I can't figure out what they are. :confused3

Thanks! I know the feeling of forgetting stuff on your packing list. I'm in even more of a tizzy today!

Hey April,

great coffee maker...:thumbsup2

It looks like the dogs had a fabulous Christmas...:lmao:(have you seen Marley and Me?) I am the owner of mini Marley...:lmao:

I can't believe that your trip is so very close...

how excited you must be...:cool1:

Thanks! My mom's lab is 120 pounds- it is like having a pony in the house! Have you posted photos of your lab before?

April. Remember we Dis Sister are here for you. Much love and hugs

Ginny

Thanks, Ginny. :hug: Things have been so weird with John. I'm so used to being disappointed in relationships, though, that I don't even bat an eyelash anymore. If I end up alone again- so be it. I'll be ok. I just know that I will not stand for anyone treating me badly AT ALL. I did enough of that in the past & I am through with that!

aprilisis
12-30-2009, 08:38 AM
I had a good, then bad night last night. I got to see my friend, Renata, who lives in NYC but is visiting for the holidays. She is awesome & we had a fun dinner. Then John made a very inconsiderate comment to me...really hurt my feelings. :headache: I haven't heard from him today at all & unless he apologizes & starts acting normal again, I am through. I can put up with a lot, but I will not go through another relationship with someone treating me badly. No way. You guys will hear about it either way. :confused3
And so....the 2 photos of the day are...
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5023.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/mainst_pm_edited.jpg

So my transportation to the airport may be changing....if John is out of the picture I have to decide if I'm driving or taking a shared van. Hmmm...

longing2Batdisney
12-30-2009, 08:39 AM
April,
I really thought I left a comment last night...
so happy that your Grandmother liked her DVD...so sorry to hear that you and John are running into problems :hug:
the pictures from Christmas are wonderful!

so on to happy planning for your soon to be disney fun!

Lady Lallie
12-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Men. Pfffffffffffffffffffft! :hug:

When are you flying out?? You are flying out of Worcester, right? Too bad we weren't on the same flight, my husband could drive us both. :rotfl2:

Love that picture of Main St. So pretty!

aprilisis
12-30-2009, 08:56 AM
April,
I really thought I left a comment last night...
so happy that your Grandmother liked her DVD...so sorry to hear that you and John are running into problems :hug:
the pictures from Christmas are wonderful!

so on to happy planning for your soon to be disney fun!

Thanks!!! Disney is ALL I will be thinking about until I get there. I'm SO excited!!! :hyper:

Men. Pfffffffffffffffffffft! :hug:

When are you flying out?? You are flying out of Worcester, right? Too bad we weren't on the same flight, my husband could drive us both. :rotfl2:

Love that picture of Main St. So pretty!

Man...I wish I was flying out of Worcester! Thanks, though. I am flying out of Providence on the 14th- EARLY. I'm ready to just pack up all my stuff & move into the Haunted Mansion. You don't think they would mind, do you? :rotfl:

Lady Lallie
12-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Man...I wish I was flying out of Worcester! Thanks, though. I am flying out of Providence on the 14th- EARLY. I'm ready to just pack up all my stuff & move into the Haunted Mansion. You don't think they would mind, do you? :rotfl:

Whoops, I thought you were. I'm flying out of Manchester. I've never flown out of Providence before.

If U Had Wings
12-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Sorry about the problems your having right now. Just keep telling yourself - Disney soon, Disney soon. That's what I was telling myself before I left last month.

I wouldn't worry about the Yacht club. I'm sure you'll end up loving it. I went over there to check out the Christmas decorations when I was there, and really loved the look of the place. It didn't feel anywhere near as "stuffy" as the Grand Floridian. It kind of had a causal elegence to it.

I love your new phone. You'll have to let us know how you like it. I currently have the same one you had before, and my contract is up in April. While I'd love an iphone, I don't want to lose my corporate discount switching to another carrier. The pixie is one of the ones I've had my eye on.

aprilisis
12-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Whoops, I thought you were. I'm flying out of Manchester. I've never flown out of Providence before.

Providence is pretty small & every time I have flown in or out of there it has been very windy. I'm a little nervous.

Sorry about the problems your having right now. Just keep telling yourself - Disney soon, Disney soon. That's what I was telling myself before I left last month.

I wouldn't worry about the Yacht club. I'm sure you'll end up loving it. I went over there to check out the Christmas decorations when I was there, and really loved the look of the place. It didn't feel anywhere near as "stuffy" as the Grand Floridian. It kind of had a causal elegence to it.

I love your new phone. You'll have to let us know how you like it. I currently have the same one you had before, and my contract is up in April. While I'd love an iphone, I don't want to lose my corporate discount switching to another carrier. The pixie is one of the ones I've had my eye on.

Thanks! So far, so good with the phone. I'm just not going to look at it today because I am avoiding the inevitable conversation I'm going to have with John. I need to get a clear head before I talk with him.
That is good to know about Yacht Club! You know- I have never, ever set foot in there before. I can't wait!

mickeystoontown
12-30-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm sorry you are going through a hard time with John right now. No matter which way it turns out, you'll be okay. You have a great family there with you and a great Dis family here.

If U Had Wings
12-30-2009, 10:06 AM
I really liked it, but I'm a bit partial to ocean/beachy/nautical themes at the resorts. I had never thought much about it before, but now it's on my must try list.

aaaateamsgrandma
12-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Good morning April. You have such a good sense about you and are so grounded. You know you will be ok no matter what happens. Life is too darn short to let people treat you badly and you don't deserve it.

Love the pics today. I want to go with you. The time is flying by and it won't be long.

:hug: Ginny

aprilisis
12-30-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry you are going through a hard time with John right now. No matter which way it turns out, you'll be okay. You have a great family there with you and a great Dis family here.

That butthead didn't text me ALL day & now he is acting like everything is fine. I'm definitely getting to the bottom of this when I see him later. I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about having that talk.

I really liked it, but I'm a bit partial to ocean/beachy/nautical themes at the resorts. I had never thought much about it before, but now it's on my must try list.

I'm pretty sure I will love it...I just always get anxious about new places.

Good morning April. You have such a good sense about you and are so grounded. You know you will be ok no matter what happens. Life is too darn short to let people treat you badly and you don't deserve it.

Love the pics today. I want to go with you. The time is flying by and it won't be long.

:hug: Ginny

Thanks! I would totally take you with me! Heck...1 person in a whole big romm is a crime as far as I'm concerned. I tried to get someone to go with me, but no luck so far. I really hope things with John work out & that he IS just having a bad week. I just don't understand how he can be so great for a whole year & then just a total moron this past week. Ugh...I'll find out later.

aaaateamsgrandma
12-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks! I would totally take you with me! Heck...1 person in a whole big romm is a crime as far as I'm concerned. I tried to get someone to go with me, but no luck so far. I really hope things with John work out & that he IS just having a bad week. I just don't understand how he can be so great for a whole year & then just a total moron this past week. Ugh...I'll find out later.

That would be PMS

aprilisis
12-30-2009, 06:40 PM
That would be PMS
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Ginny, you're the best! From John's pre- conversation texts, I can tell this is just going to be bad. It seems to me that he just fell out of love with me. I understand...and I know it hapens all of the time. I have had my heart broken so many times, though, that I don't think I'll be able to put it back together again. I say that every time, though, so we will see.
By the way, I am posting from my new phone, so I have NO idea if this will come out right! :rotfl:

aaaateamsgrandma
12-30-2009, 06:42 PM
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Ginny, you're the best! From John's pre- conversation texts, I can tell this is just going to be bad. It seems to me that he just fell out of love with me. I understand...and I know it hapens all of the time. I have had my heart broken so many times, though, that I don't think I'll be able to put it back together again. I say that every time, though, so we will see.
By the way, I am posting from my new phone, so I have NO idea if this will come out right! :rotfl:

The post came thru fine. Good phone. All I can say to John is it's his loss. You are a fine young woman and deserve someone who cares for you and treats you well. :hug:

aprilisis
12-31-2009, 07:58 AM
In exactly 14 days I will be on my flight- weather permitting- just about over Southern RI or over Long Island. No issues resolved with John last night- I think we were both too tired to get into it. :confused3 I have no idea what will happen, but I am trying not to dwell on things too much. So...my plan for Thursday, January 14th is to land in Orlando at 10:55am & head over to ME. I figure I will end up at YC by noon & I will check in. I want to explore the resort a little & then walk over to Epcot. I also want to go to Downtown Disney for a little shopping & I'm hoping to try out Paradiso 37. Since I am a "party of one", I can just sit at the bar & order food. I'm not sure how late I will be staying up, since I KNOW I will be tired from traveling. I plan to sleep a little later the next morning.
Pictures of the day:
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5060.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/AK_Asia.jpg

Thanks for listening to all of my issues- knowing you guys are here is a HUGE help! :grouphug: I need to come up with a TR title, too...hmmmm....I guess that will come easier after the trip. Have a great New Year! party:

Lady Lallie
12-31-2009, 08:32 AM
Happy New Year!!

TWO WEEKS! :dance3:

We should exchange cell numbers so we can keep in touch in case we are in the same parks on the same days!

aprilisis
12-31-2009, 09:07 AM
Happy New Year!!

TWO WEEKS! :dance3:

We should exchange cell numbers so we can keep in touch in case we are in the same parks on the same days!

I will definitely PM you my cell # before we leave! I'm so excited to go. :hyper:

aprilisis
12-31-2009, 09:56 AM
DANG! I just saw that Splash Mountain AND Test Track are closed the whole time I am there!!!!!!!! :mad::headache::furious:

If U Had Wings
12-31-2009, 10:07 AM
Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

It's too bad about Test Track, but I wouldn't worry too much about Splash. When I was there a month ago, most days were so chilly we didn't want to take any chances of getting wet. I hated not riding it, but it so wasn't worth it.

Lady Lallie
12-31-2009, 10:19 AM
DANG! I just saw that Splash Mountain AND Test Track are closed the whole time I am there!!!!!!!! :mad::headache::furious:

Test Track too!?! BOO!

aaaateamsgrandma
12-31-2009, 10:51 AM

That stinks about TT and Splash but you can make up for it with Space Mountain and the wedway people mover. (or whatever it's called). I love that ride.

Happy New Year!!!:rockband:party:party::dancer::jumping1:

racefanof88
12-31-2009, 03:52 PM
April, I can't believe I haven't posted on your PTR in so long. I hate to hear that you and John are having problems, but you definately have the right attitude about all of it. Life is too short to be with someone that makes you unhappy.

You are almost at Disney :banana:. I am so jealous and at the same time excited for you :yay::dance3:. I love the pictures of the pups opening the presents, that is too cute. What has Isis got between her teeth? Is it a Christmas card?

I like your new phone too. I have a Palm Centro. I have had it for about a year now. It took me a while to get use to it, but now it is easy. I have been thinking about getting a blackberry, but I have heard some bad stuff about them. Dale has a regular phone and he doesn't like anything fancy. He won't even put a special ringtone on it.............:lmao:. That is the one thing I don't like about my Palm, it is hard to download ringtones to it, well it is for me that is. I hope you have a wonderful New Year!!

party:party:HAPPY NEW YEARparty:party:

aprilisis
01-01-2010, 10:30 AM
I just wanted to quickly post & say "Happy New Year!!!" I realized I don't know how to post photos from my phone. I promise I will make it up to you Monday. I will post at least 8. Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

aaaateamsgrandma
01-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Happy New Year April. Hope you have a good weekend. Did you stay up till midnite? I did. Don didn't.

Ginny

aprilisis
01-02-2010, 09:54 AM
I just realized...just because I can't post photos doesn't mean I can't post plans!
Friday January 15th I have a breakfast at Cape May Cafe, then I'm off for an entire day at EPCOT- including EMH that night. Dinner is at Tutto Italia, which is a new place for me. I'm looking forward to Soarin, Spaceship Earth, and wandering through World Showcase at my own pace.
Saturday January 16th I have Donald's Safari Breakfast, then a day at Animal Kingdom. I'm looking forward to Kilimanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest, Lisa's "hidden" Tree of Life trail, Rafiki's Planet Watch, a vegetarian Egg Roll, Pangani Trail, Maharajah Jungle Trek, Primeval Whirl, and Dinosaur. I would like to see the Nemo show, too if I can. I have an early dinner at Artist Point that night, too, then plan to go to MK because there is an 11pm closing time. It will be a full day, but I'm determined to cram in as much fun as possible since I was so sick last time. I'm going to rest as much as possible before I leave. Now I have to keep my fingers crossed that we don't get a snow storm on the 13th or 14th! Have a great weekend, everyone!

PracPerfPatricia
01-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Hey April,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a hard time with John...I hope things all work out well for YOU...with or with out him...

I'm very excited for you that your trip is so close...what a grand time you'll have...I don't think that you'll find the Yacht Club snobby at all...It is luxurious in an extremely laid back kind of way...the rooms and their appointments are lovely, as are the location and facilities but it really feels quite comfy...:goodvibes

I will send good vibes that there is no snow for your traveling days although I wouldn't mind a little bit before or after then...:goodvibes

BTW-my dog just acts like a big lab or retriever...he's actually a Scottish terrier...23 lbs of pure terror...I do love him but he is quite naughty at times...we are going to be going to Doggy boot camp this year...

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae200/patriciasilverman/Holidays%202009/100_1295.jpg

SAY HELLO TO MACINTOSH...the terrible terrier...:lmao:...don't let the sleepy look fool you...he's probably just eaten one of my treasures...:rolleyes1

aprilisis
01-02-2010, 03:03 PM
OMG, PPP- Macintosh is SO cute!!! I tried to post on your PTR this morning & something weird happened with my phone- I'm still getting used to this thing! Today we took down the tree, cleaned some of the basement, vaccuumed and swept. Isis has a huge stuffed pig that is like her security blanket. She kneads on it (like a cat) while putting her mouth on one of the legs. Well, you can imagine how dirty the thing gets. I just pulled the stuffing out so I could wash it- I felt SO bad! She was whining & putting her paw on me- even trying to pull the pig away from me! Now she is lying next to the basement door waiting for the wash to be done. I will have to post photos Monday when I can.

aaaateamsgrandma
01-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Silly Isis. I hope you get her piggy done. Princess has a sock monkey that is a sock bunny. She has had it since we got her. I've had to sew the left arm back on and patch a hole but she is very careful with it. She carries it by that littlel round tail. So ears and legs just kind of droop everywhere. She is so funny. But I understand wash day completely.

And to PPP lovely little Scottie. They are so like schnauzers. It is all about them and they rule. Princess does not eat any articles of anything and if I spill something on the floor she won't eat that either. But give her a chance to get into the panty she will open every box of food that is within her reach and with wire shelving she can climb pretty high.

aprilisis
01-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

It's too bad about Test Track, but I wouldn't worry too much about Splash. When I was there a month ago, most days were so chilly we didn't want to take any chances of getting wet. I hated not riding it, but it so wasn't worth it.

That is true- it looks like it is going to be a bit too chilly for Splash.

Test Track too!?! BOO!

I know!!! I will miss Test Track. :headache:

That stinks about TT and Splash but you can make up for it with Space Mountain and the wedway people mover. (or whatever it's called). I love that ride.

Happy New Year!!!:rockband:party:party::dancer::jumping1:

I love both of those rides, too. Plus- I still have Soarin'. :love:

April, I can't believe I haven't posted on your PTR in so long. I hate to hear that you and John are having problems, but you definately have the right attitude about all of it. Life is too short to be with someone that makes you unhappy.

You are almost at Disney :banana:. I am so jealous and at the same time excited for you :yay::dance3:. I love the pictures of the pups opening the presents, that is too cute. What has Isis got between her teeth? Is it a Christmas card?

I like your new phone too. I have a Palm Centro. I have had it for about a year now. It took me a while to get use to it, but now it is easy. I have been thinking about getting a blackberry, but I have heard some bad stuff about them. Dale has a regular phone and he doesn't like anything fancy. He won't even put a special ringtone on it.............:lmao:. That is the one thing I don't like about my Palm, it is hard to download ringtones to it, well it is for me that is. I hope you have a wonderful New Year!!

party:party:HAPPY NEW YEARparty:party:

Thanks. Well, John has been better than on his best behavior, so I'm hoping it was just weird holiday stress & being extremely tired. Like I said- I get overly sensitive, too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Isis had an envelope in that photo- as far as she is concerned, if it is paper, she can rip it. She does know that this is only acceptable at Christmastime, though. :thumbsup2
I had the Palm Centro & LOVED it. I'm slowly getting used to the Pixi- it is growing on me. I hope you had a happy new year- I'll be over to catch up on your PTR soon.

Happy New Year April. Hope you have a good weekend. Did you stay up till midnite? I did. Don didn't.

Ginny

We had the same kind of night! John was asleep by 9:30 & I stayed up until 1. :rotfl:

Hey April,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a hard time with John...I hope things all work out well for YOU...with or with out him...

I'm very excited for you that your trip is so close...what a grand time you'll have...I don't think that you'll find the Yacht Club snobby at all...It is luxurious in an extremely laid back kind of way...the rooms and their appointments are lovely, as are the location and facilities but it really feels quite comfy...:goodvibes

I will send good vibes that there is no snow for your traveling days although I wouldn't mind a little bit before or after then...:goodvibes

BTW-my dog just acts like a big lab or retriever...he's actually a Scottish terrier...23 lbs of pure terror...I do love him but he is quite naughty at times...we are going to be going to Doggy boot camp this year...

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae200/patriciasilverman/Holidays%202009/100_1295.jpg

SAY HELLO TO MACINTOSH...the terrible terrier...:lmao:...don't let the sleepy look fool you...he's probably just eaten one of my treasures...:rolleyes1

Macintosh is adorable! Thanks for the good vibes on NO SNOW & easing my worries about Yacht Club.

Silly Isis. I hope you get her piggy done. Princess has a sock monkey that is a sock bunny. She has had it since we got her. I've had to sew the left arm back on and patch a hole but she is very careful with it. She carries it by that littlel round tail. So ears and legs just kind of droop everywhere. She is so funny. But I understand wash day completely.

And to PPP lovely little Scottie. They are so like schnauzers. It is all about them and they rule. Princess does not eat any articles of anything and if I spill something on the floor she won't eat that either. But give her a chance to get into the panty she will open every box of food that is within her reach and with wire shelving she can climb pretty high.

That is TOO funny about Princess & the sock monkey. It is so cute how she is so careful with it, too! I think wash day traumatized me more than it did Isis. :laughing:

mickeystoontown
01-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Good morning my friend,

I am sorry that I didn't get around to sending New Year wishes your way. I just don't get on the Disboards too much when I am off work. Priorities you know.:lmao:

How are things with you and John? I know that he was acting like a butthead and then acted like everything was A-okay. I think that's a man's way of not dealing with the true issues.

I hope that your day goes well. It's really cold here today.....32 is our high. I know that's not super cold to others but for us Louisiana residents that's chilly willy!

aprilisis
01-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Guess what?!?!? I checked into YC online today!!!!!! :cool1::woohoo::woohoo::jumping1:
Ok...so I can make up for my lack of photos today. I will recap:
Friday, January 15th: I have a semi-early ADR at Cape May Cafe. I haven't been here since 2005, so I am looking forward to it. I plan to head over to Epcot & spend the entire day there- including the evening EMH. I may go back to the room mid-afternoon for a break if I'm tired, too. I have a dinner ADR for Tutto Italia, too. Here are my LATE (sorry) photos of the day:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/China-1.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/morocco.jpg

Saturday, January 16th: I have another semi-early ADR at Donald's Safari Breakfast (Tusker House, I think) & I plan to stay at AK as long as I can. I have to be at Artist Point for 5:35pm. After that, I plan to take the boat over to MK because they are open until 11pm.

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Lion.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/monstersinc.jpg

Sunday, January 17th: I plan to get to Disney's Hollywood Studios as early as I can. I have an early lunch at 50's Prime Time & dinner at California Grill much later. After dinner at CG, I'm going over to MK for pm EMH- my guess is I will get there at 9:30pm.

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/fland.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/tomorrowland.jpg

Monday, January 18th: I am guessing ME will pick me up at 9:30am or so. I will have to go home. :sad1: But the good news is that I will be booking a bounceback (if they still do that) for our big, family fall trip!!!!! I am going to talk over dates with my stepmom this coming Sunday. I will definitely keep you posted.

Here are a few extra photos:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/UK.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/ts.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/phil.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/DtD_sunset.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/p37.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/DHS_Sunset.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/bw.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/everest.jpg

Have a great day, everyone!!:goodvibes

aprilisis
01-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Good morning my friend,

I am sorry that I didn't get around to sending New Year wishes your way. I just don't get on the Disboards too much when I am off work. Priorities you know.:lmao:

How are things with you and John? I know that he was acting like a butthead and then acted like everything was A-okay. I think that's a man's way of not dealing with the true issues.

I hope that your day goes well. It's really cold here today.....32 is our high. I know that's not super cold to others but for us Louisiana residents that's chilly willy!

Thanks. :) John has been on his very best behavior, but we still didn't talk about things. I am not sure what to do...let sleeping dogs lie or bring it up. :confused:

It is 32 here, too!! That IS cold for you guys. I hope you find a way to stay warm.

aprilisis
01-04-2010, 12:39 PM
I forgot to post the photo of Isis with her clean piggy. She was SO happy to have him back!
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Isispiggy-1.jpg

aaaateamsgrandma
01-04-2010, 12:45 PM
I love the pictures you posted. I want to go. Don and I even talked some about it last night and the good deals they are having. I'm sure I can't convince him tho.

Piggy is big! I will get a pic of Princess and her "baby" and put it on.

You are so close.

aprilisis
01-04-2010, 01:06 PM
I love the pictures you posted. I want to go. Don and I even talked some about it last night and the good deals they are having. I'm sure I can't convince him tho.

Piggy is big! I will get a pic of Princess and her "baby" and put it on.

You are so close.

Yes! Please post me a photo of Princess with her baby- I was going to ask you to, but didn't want to be too demanding. :laughing: Thanks!!
Oooh- I hope you get to go to Disney soon!!!! They are having great deals, though I'm still a little bitter that my trip dates were blacked out of the "gift card" deal. :snooty: I'll get over it, though. :rotfl: I am 10 days away & I haven't packed a thing. That is unheard of for me! Have a great day!

longing2Batdisney
01-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Hey April!
1o days to go!! :woohoo:
you better start packing girl!!!! although I bet you know exactly what you are taking and it will only take you a few minutes to put everything together.

I love the picture of Isis and Piggy; our past doberman use to do that with her security blanket.

Glad you and John are getting along better and I just don't have the answer on weather to bring things up or let them go...in a man's mind he prefers to just let things go...

Have a great day, today!

aprilisis
01-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Hey April!
1o days to go!! :woohoo:
you better start packing girl!!!! although I bet you know exactly what you are taking and it will only take you a few minutes to put everything together.

I love the picture of Isis and Piggy; our past doberman use to do that with her security blanket.

Glad you and John are getting along better and I just don't have the answer on weather to bring things up or let them go...in a man's mind he prefers to just let things go...

Have a great day, today!

Thanks!! I'm trying to get organized- though I don't know how well it is going. :rolleyes1

aprilisis
01-05-2010, 09:30 AM
:dogdance::goofy::hmghost::figment::dumbo::stitch: :ccat::simba:party::jumping1::dancer:
SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!
In case I don't get to the boards much in the next 9 days, I'm posting a 9 photos today. Hopefully I'll be back before I go, but I have a weekend packed full of things to do plus work & packing. Have a great week & weekend!

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/101_0765.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4986-1.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5007.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5009.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_5044-1.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4974-1.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_4959-1.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/054_54.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/005_5.jpg

If U Had Wings
01-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Yeah!!! Single Digits!! I'm so excited for you. :cool1: You'll be on your way in no time.:)

aaaateamsgrandma
01-06-2010, 10:55 AM
April, I put pics of Princess and her baby on my tr this morning. Hope you are doing well. So close. You better get to packing.

aprilisis
01-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Yeah!!! Single Digits!! I'm so excited for you. :cool1: You'll be on your way in no time.:)

Thanks!!! I'm starting to get excited/nervous.

April, I put pics of Princess and her baby on my tr this morning. Hope you are doing well. So close. You better get to packing.

I saw those photos- she is just so sweet. I want to give her a big hug!!!

aprilisis
01-06-2010, 03:32 PM
So far, they are predicting rain for the 1st 2 days of my trip! :scared1: Tomorrow at lunch I am going to buy a rain coat, since I need one anyways. I will post a photo as soon as I can tomorrow.
Here are my "8 days to go, 8 photos" (sorry if there are repeats!):
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/101_1195.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_1977.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_2001.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_2077.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_1970.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/00mk.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_1974.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/00tot.jpg

longing2Batdisney
01-06-2010, 04:15 PM
great pictures thanks for sharing!
Can't wait to hear all about the trip!!! in case I don't talk to you before than in the next 8 days...since you are going to be so busy...

HAVE A WONDERFUL RELAXING SOLO TRIP!!!!

aaaateamsgrandma
01-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Love your pictures as always. I just wanted to let you know that I had bought Keurig coffee makers for my girls at Christmas. They told me it was the best present they ever got so they went and bought me one yesterday. Don and I love it too.

aprilisis
01-07-2010, 12:18 PM
great pictures thanks for sharing!
Can't wait to hear all about the trip!!! in case I don't talk to you before than in the next 8 days...since you are going to be so busy...

HAVE A WONDERFUL RELAXING SOLO TRIP!!!!

Thanks!!!!! I'm going to try to get on here as much as possible.

Love your pictures as always. I just wanted to let you know that I had bought Keurig coffee makers for my girls at Christmas. They told me it was the best present they ever got so they went and bought me one yesterday. Don and I love it too.

Thanks! Isn't the Keurig fantastic?!?! I love being able to make a bunch of different cups of coffee or tea for different people in such a short amount of time.

aprilisis
01-07-2010, 12:36 PM
So far, it looks like rain for the first 3 days of my trip now. :rolleyes: Oh, well.

Here are seven photos for the 7 days I have left...they aren't the best, but I found them & scanned them today:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/splash.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/tot1.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/tot2.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/hmpm.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/hmleota.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/gertie.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/dinoland.jpg

aaaateamsgrandma
01-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Love the pictures. Don't let rain slow you down. It would still beat below zero temps and snow.

The fun is just around the corner.

Ginny

PracPerfPatricia
01-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Hey April one week woot....:woohoo:...really cute countdown...

I wouldn't worry about the weather so much...you'll have fun anyway and honestly one week out...I don't think the reliability of the forecasts is that great...I looked last time a week out...and we were supposed to have torrential rain...and we didn't so...give it till a day or two before...

Oh that Macintosh is cute there is no doubt...but you are right...it is all about him...(in a sweet way-he is very affectionate but boy does he know how to get into trouble...:confused3)

aprilisis
01-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Love the pictures. Don't let rain slow you down. It would still beat below zero temps and snow.

The fun is just around the corner.

Ginny

Now the forecast says no rain until Sunday & temps in the mid-70's. :woohoo:

Hey April one week woot....:woohoo:...really cute countdown...

I wouldn't worry about the weather so much...you'll have fun anyway and honestly one week out...I don't think the reliability of the forecasts is that great...I looked last time a week out...and we were supposed to have torrential rain...and we didn't so...give it till a day or two before...

Oh that Macintosh is cute there is no doubt...but you are right...it is all about him...(in a sweet way-he is very affectionate but boy does he know how to get into trouble...:confused3)

I want to hear some Macintosh mischief stories!!! :yay:

aprilisis
01-08-2010, 09:31 AM
6 Days to go!!! It is snowing here now & tomorrow is supposed to have a high temp of 23 degrees & a low of 7. It still looks ok for my departure day so far, so Iím keeping my fingers crossed. Tonight is my Auntís 50th birthday party, Saturday is packing, cleaning, & laundry day, and Sunday I have Christmas with my cousinís daughter who was in Illinois visiting her Dad over the real Christmas. It should be a fun weekend! Next week I work Monday through Wednesday & Thursday my flight leaves EARLY. Tuesday night I have a meeting until 9 or 10. I hope to check in online Wednesday morning. Thatís about it. Iím almost ready to go- hopefully more so after packing this weekend. Here are the 6 photos for my 6 days left to go:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/201001084.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/201001086.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/201001085.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/201001083.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/201001082.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/201001081.jpg
Have a great day & a great weekend, everyone!

Lady Lallie
01-08-2010, 09:45 AM
WOO HOO!! 6 days!!! :woohoo:

aaaateamsgrandma
01-08-2010, 01:48 PM
6 days is so unbelievable. You have lots to do this weekend. That is good. Will keep you occupied. Our high today is 7. It hasn't gotten past 0 yet and the windchill is -15. Colder tomorrow. I think they are saying around 30 by Monday. Can't wait.

aprilisis
01-11-2010, 08:41 AM
WOO HOO!! 6 days!!! :woohoo:

Woohoo! Now it is 3 days!

6 days is so unbelievable. You have lots to do this weekend. That is good. Will keep you occupied. Our high today is 7. It hasn't gotten past 0 yet and the windchill is -15. Colder tomorrow. I think they are saying around 30 by Monday. Can't wait.

Ginny- it is COLD there!!! Has it warmed up at all? It is about normal here for this time of year. I hate the cold.

aprilisis
01-11-2010, 08:56 AM
So I got NOTHING done this weekend!!! I will be scrambling to pack Wednesday night. John told me we have to leave my house at 4am for him to drop me off at the airport on his way to work. :eek: I'll be ok, though- after all, waking up for Disney isn't like waking up for work- or anything else for that matter!!! I think I am going to buy my camera that I have wanted so badly. My Dad gave me money for Christmas (I saw him Saturday) that would make a huge dent in the cost. But the biggest news from over the weekend is: I think my Stepmom & brother (he is 22) will be joining me as of Friday or Saturday!!!! That would be awesome. Now on to some pics:
My suitcase, books I'm taking along, and my new phone "skin":
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2146.jpg
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2148.jpg
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2151.jpg
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/IMG_2149.jpg

Some photos for the days I missed posting (They may not add up to 9, but I promise I'll make up for it when I get back!!!):
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/101_0445.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/101_0433.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/101_0437.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/101_0409.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/101_0402.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/101_0385.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/101_0365.jpg

I'll definitely keep you posted about the camera. I will also be "tweeting" some photos from my phone while I'm there, too. Click here for my Twitter page. (http://twitter.com/aprilisis) My tweets will start at 4am Thursday!!! I am going to try to get on here every day until I leave, too. Have a great day, everyone!!!

mickeystoontown
01-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Good morning April!

Just a few more days and you'll be in Walt Disney World! I'm so happy for you (and a bit jealous 'cause I still have 4 months to wait).

You said you did nothing this weekend but it looks like you started getting your stuff together. That's something in my book.

You're right about waking up at 4:00 a.m. for Disney. I wouldn't want to wake up at 4 for anything else but for Disney, I can certainly live with it.:thumbsup2

aprilisis
01-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Good morning April!

Just a few more days and you'll be in Walt Disney World! I'm so happy for you (and a bit jealous 'cause I still have 4 months to wait).

You said you did nothing this weekend but it looks like you started getting your stuff together. That's something in my book.

You're right about waking up at 4:00 a.m. for Disney. I wouldn't want to wake up at 4 for anything else but for Disney, I can certainly live with it.:thumbsup2

Hey, Lisa!! I see you started a PTR..I'm going to head right over & subscribe. I'm sure I already have catching up to do!
I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. :hyper: I decided against a new camera yet. I will wait a few months. I need tires, too, and that is much more important since I do 600 miles a week. :rolleyes:

PracPerfPatricia
01-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Woot ... 3 more days and you will be in your happy place...:woohoo:

Now the forecast says no rain until Sunday & temps in the mid-70's. :woohoo:

Yeah You...:yay:

I want to hear some Macintosh mischief stories!!! :yay:

Hmmm....like the time he ate the little Mickey that came with the Wilderness Lodge Lincoln Logs...and I found bits of him -like the head and feet on the floor? or the time I found him up on the dining room table but he was stuck...because he had seen the cat do it and couldn't figure out how to get down...? Or maybe you'd rather hear about his ADHD when we go out for a walk and he's too busy tracking scents to focus on what he's supposed to be doing...and then we have to go out again 1/2 an hour later...Trust me...Marley had nothing on him...:confused3

But ...he is really affectionate and sweet and he's ours...we just need to find a more assertive trainer...(or maybe I have to get more assertive...

aprilisis
01-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Quick update from my phone- we have had no internet at work all day. I have a night meeting & I have been going non-stop since before 6am. I'm exhausted!Worse- I'm freaking a little because I have to do online check-in for Southwest tomorrow! If I can't get online here, I will completely freak. I can do it from my phone, but then what about printing my boarding pass? I don't know. I'm too tired to even think & now I have to go wrap up an open space plan we have been working on for 2 years. Yikes! I'll post tomorrow if I can- if not, I inserted my twitter link. Have a great weekend, everyone!!!!

longing2Batdisney
01-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey april!
I hope you were able to do your online check in and print your passes...I'm so happy to hear that your family will be able to to join you for part of your trip...HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Lady Lallie
01-12-2010, 08:43 PM
You can have the Southwest people reprint your boarding pass. No worries. :goodvibes

If U Had Wings
01-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Have a great time! That's wonderful that your family will be joining you!

aprilisis
01-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Hey april!
I hope you were able to do your online check in and print your passes...I'm so happy to hear that your family will be able to to join you for part of your trip...HAVE A GREAT TIME!
Thanks, Connie! You're the best!

You can have the Southwest people reprint your boarding pass. No worries. :goodvibes

THANK GOODNESS!!!!! :worship::worship::worship:

Have a great time! That's wonderful that your family will be joining you!

Thanks! I hope I take enough photos to entertain everyone.

mickeystoontown
01-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Have a super fantastic doubly terrific time! We will all be sitting here waitin' on you to get back and tell us all about your trip!

aprilisis
01-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Have a super fantastic doubly terrific time! We will all be sitting here waitin' on you to get back and tell us all about your trip!

Thanks, Lisa!!! In 19 hours, 59 minutes I will be in the air!!!
:banana::cool1::yay::woohoo::yay::jumping1:

aprilisis
01-13-2010, 11:54 AM
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Picture400.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Picture250.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_2079.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/201001091.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_2062.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Picture391.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/100_2004.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Picture244.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Picture390.jpg

I FINALLY have internet service back at work!!! :woohoo: I just wanted to throw in a few photos before I go. I'm so excited! At this time tomorrow, I will be checking into Yacht Club. Thanks for following along- I hope you join me for my TR when I get back!
:goofy: :figment: :dumbo: :stitch: :simba: :ccat: :donald: :tigger: :hmghost: :mickeyjum

mickeystoontown
01-13-2010, 12:05 PM
I was afraid that we wouldn't be chatting with you before you left. That's why I posted the message earlier today. I don't know what we did before internet?:confused3

PracPerfPatricia
01-13-2010, 01:59 PM
I hope that you have an absolutely fabulous time and soak up lots of Florida sun! Can't wait to hear about your adventures when you come back...:thumbsup2

Happy travels...:yay:

aprilisis
01-13-2010, 03:04 PM
I was afraid that we wouldn't be chatting with you before you left. That's why I posted the message earlier today. I don't know what we did before internet?:confused3

Thanks!!! I was LOST without e-mail at work. That really is how I communicate with everyone here, since we are al located in different buildings in Town. I had a gazillion e-mails to send out today!!

I hope that you have an absolutely fabulous time and soak up lots of Florida sun! Can't wait to hear about your adventures when you come back...:thumbsup2

Happy travels...:yay:

Thanks!!! I am planning to soak up as much of the sun as I possibly can.

After MUCH trouble with the Southwest website & internet connection issues here today, I FINALLY printed my boarding pass!!!!!! :woohoo: So I am officially outta here at 4pm & I should be home by 5:30. I have to take Isis outside, feed the turtles, do 30 minutes on the treadmill, pack what's left to pack, take a shower, and eat dinner. I want to get to sleep early- I say that EVERY time- but I won't. :rolleyes: John is dropping me off at the airport "on his way" to work- which is actually about 40 minutes out of his way. We have to leave at 4am. :scared1: Disney is the ONLY thing that will get me out of bed before 6am. So I will be off bright & early- armed with my 16GB memory card for my camera & my new phone with a twitter photo app...I can twitter photos from my phone while I'm there. My twitter page is http://twitter.com/aprilisis I am definitely going to miss you guys, but it is a short trip. I DO know this: I am definitely going back in October for AT LEAST 7 days- maybe 10!!!! I think I will book the bounceback if I can. :yay:

longing2Batdisney
01-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Glad to hear you are all ready to go!!! have a great trip!!!!

aprilisis
01-18-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm posting from my phone- home safe & sound. I'll start a TR ASAP & post a link from here. I took 1000+ photos & have some stories to share. Crowds were horrendous, but the weather was great!

longing2Batdisney
01-19-2010, 12:38 AM
Hello April!
Glad you made it back home! and had a good time. I can't believe the crowds were bad this time of the year. The info you asked for I will send to you tomorrow.
Can't wait to hear all about your trip... popcorn::
Connie

PracPerfPatricia
01-19-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm posting from my phone- home safe & sound. I'll start a TR ASAP & post a link from here. I took 1000+ photos & have some stories to share. Crowds were horrendous, but the weather was great!

Welcome home! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures....:surfweb:

aprilisis
01-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Hello April!
Glad you made it back home! and had a good time. I can't believe the crowds were bad this time of the year. The info you asked for I will send to you tomorrow.
Can't wait to hear all about your trip... popcorn::
Connie

Thanks! TR will start soon...as soon as I catch up at work. :rolleyes:

Welcome home! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures....:surfweb:

I have a lot to tell for such a short trip!!! :thumbsup2

mickeystoontown
01-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Glad that you made it home safely. Of course, I can't wait to see all of your pictures and read all about your trip. Catch up at work quickly!;)

aprilisis
01-20-2010, 10:45 AM
I started a TR today & it is here: 1,000+ photos & 4 parks in 4 days & an amazing room at YC! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2376780)

PracPerfPatricia
01-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Coming over to check it out...:woohoo: