PDA

View Full Version : Heading back to Princess Josie's Castle-An AKV May 22-29 PTR-TR Started 6/3!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

leamom2princesses
10-19-2009, 08:07 PM
Hi everyone! This is my second PTR so hopefully this will be a little smoother than the last one. :goodvibes This year (2009) we visited the World May 16-23. That week there was record level rain. We were rained on EVERY day of that trip. :scared1:

So why are we going back the week before Memorial Day again in 2010? Well, we figure it was just a fluke and we absolutely love going in May, after school is out, but before the crowds get HUGE and the weather unbearably hot.

The title of my trip report isn't the catchiest (is that a word :confused3) but I get asked every single day "Momma when are we going back to my cas-o (castle)?". So I decided to go with something about that until I come up with something more intriguing.

I hope you will plan along with us! Don't be shy to post. :goodvibes Should be a lot of fun!

So with that said..

Let's get this party started!!! :woohoo:

LINKS TO MY PTR:
The details (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34011069&postcount=2)

leamom2princesses
10-19-2009, 08:40 PM
So on with the details....

The Cast:

So far the cast for this trip will be Me, DH, DD9 and DD6. We live in the great state of Kentucky. I'm originally from Michigan so my accent is REALLY messed up... :lmao:

We know we will be travelling at the same time as our DIS buddies Mary (MaryAZ) and Becky (ladybugmom) and their families. We're trying to talk some friends from KY to come along with us too. Hopefully we will know pretty soon if they are going to make it or not.

WHO: More on us:

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/disney2009/IMG_0336.jpg

Me - Leanne - 35 year old Disney obsessed Mom of two princesses and wife to a caring, loving country boy (Joe). We've been married almost 10.5 years. I'm an engineer but my day job is to manage a team of technicians, engineers, and programmers. It's not my dream job but I'm pretty good at it and it pays for our Disney trips so who's complainin' right? I've been to WDW 7 times. My hobbies are volleyball, cake decorating, and researching/planning our vacation. I do some consulting on the side and I'm a Girl Scout Troop Leader so I stay very busy. I wouldn't have it any other way!

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/smokies/IMG_3990.jpg

DH-Joe-38 year old learning-to-love Disney, Dad. Joe had never been to Disney until a family trip we took with my family in 1999. Since that trip he has visited WDW four other times. He is a great Dad and a wonderful husband. Grumpy is the perfect character to describe him. Tough on the outside but a real sweetie on the inside.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/disney2009/IMG_0345.jpg

DD9 - Lindsey-9 year old Diva. Loves the Jonas Brothers, Zac Efron, and all things Disney. She is transforming from a princess to a tween. It's sad but exciting. I could definitely do without the sassiness but that's all part of it and I know I wasn't an angel :angel: when I was at this age. :rotfl: Lindsey has been to WDW 5 times.

DD4- Josie - 4 year old Tinker fairy and princess. Josie is a more fun to take on trips each time we go. Where Lindsey is losing her sense of amazement Josie is just starting to pick it up and put it all together. She is a "corker" as they say here in the south. She's very small but as they say dynamite comes in small packages. Josie has been to WDW 4 times. Her first trip was at 8 months. It was a lot easier to keep up with her then. :rolleyes1

WHEN: May 22-29, 2010

WHERE: The Poly!!!! Our first trip there and we cannot wait! This is a dream resort for us. Luckily I just got a pin for 40% off today so things just got better! :thumbsup2

STOP THE PRESSES....We joined DVC in March 2010 and we are now booked at AKV-Kidani! We are super excited for our first DVC vacation!!
HOW: As much as I don't want to, we will probably fly. :sad1: Not a fan but Joe refuses to go any other way now that he has discovered we can be there in less than 2 hours.

So there you have it folks....we're officially on our way! :banana::banana::banana:

Brave teacher
10-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I am first!

Yall are such a great-looking family! I look forward to hearing more.popcorn::

leamom2princesses
10-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I am first!

Yall are such a great-looking family! I look forward to hearing more.popcorn::

Yay my first reader!!! :welcome: Thanks so much for joining our fun-you are too sweet! :goodvibes

bouncycat
10-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Yaaaay!!!! A trip in the works, and to the Poly no less, that's awesome!!!! Can't wait to hear more about it!!!

MaryAz
10-19-2009, 10:37 PM
FIRST PAGE BABY!!
Let's get this party started!party:
Congrats on the 40% code-can you send it to me and I'll pretend I'm you :rolleyes1
Look at ur cute self on the plane!
Cute, cute family=though Joe looks a little "intense" in his pic. Probably picturing all those people at Disney we like to run over :rotfl2:

ladybugmom
10-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Whoo hoo!!! Another first pager!! :cool1::dance3::cool1:

I'm looking forward to being there the same time as you and Mary and her family AND staying at the SAME resort!! YAY!!! And yes, praying for fabulous weather!! We certainly deserve it after what we went through this last trip! :goodvibes Looking forward to planning along with you!!

longing2Batdisney
10-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Hey! Leanne,
I'm here!!!:woohoo: let the magic begin!!! pixiedust:

looking forward to the planning...

:wave2:
Connie

leamom2princesses
10-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Yaaaay!!!! A trip in the works, and to the Poly no less, that's awesome!!!! Can't wait to hear more about it!!! Hi Christie! So glad you could make it over!! I'm super excited about the Poly too. Definitely a dream resort for us. I was checking out your trip report earlier today and I gotta say that it looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun. Wish we lived closer. :)

FIRST PAGE BABY!!
Let's get this party started!party:
Congrats on the 40% code-can you send it to me and I'll pretend I'm you :rolleyes1
Look at ur cute self on the plane!
Cute, cute family=though Joe looks a little "intense" in his pic. Probably picturing all those people at Disney we like to run over :rotfl2: Hi Mary aka DIS BFF. Joe really wasn't intense...he just hardly ever smiles in photos so he always looks like he needs to go number 2. :laughing: (Rain+Stupidity)*25,000 people = direct hit with the stroller right??? :rotfl2:

Whoo hoo!!! Another first pager!! :cool1::dance3::cool1:

I'm looking forward to being there the same time as you and Mary and her family AND staying at the SAME resort!! YAY!!! And yes, praying for fabulous weather!! We certainly deserve it after what we went through this last trip! :goodvibes Looking forward to planning along with you!! Hi Becky! Great to see you made it over. We are definitely planning on doing Ohana again. It will be great to go from our room to the restaurant without a bunch of bus hopping. It will be nice to grab the monorail at our resort too. There are so many great things about staying at the Poly. :love:

Hey! Leanne,
I'm here!!!:woohoo: let the magic begin!!! pixiedust:

looking forward to the planning...

Connie
Hi Connie!!! So glad you came over. :woohoo: What great DIS friends I have. :lovestruc

Lifelong_Dreamer
10-20-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm in and wishing for a rain free trip for you this year. :thumbsup2

leamom2princesses
10-20-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm in and wishing for a rain free trip for you this year. :thumbsup2 Hi Lessa!! Thanks for stopping by! I hope the next trip is rain free or typical Florida rain too. I can cope with an hour down pour but all day every day, EEEEEEKKKKKK! :scared1:

leamom2princesses
10-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Hi guys, haven't posted about this but wanted to share. My Mom and Dad ran away to get married in 1971. My Dad was in Vietnam and my Grandpa (My Mom's Dad) didn't like my Dad at all. On one of my Dad's leaves he and my Mom ran away from Columbus, Ohio to Monroe, MI to be married. Next July will be their 40th Wedding Anniversary. My Mom has always felt like she missed out because she never got a wedding. Around their 30th anniversary my Mom started dreaming of a Disney Wedding but unfortunately about 7 months before their anniversary my little sister passed away unexpectedly. That put the wedding idea in the toilet for them. I've been reading some reports and became really interested in the Escape collection vow renewal package. Thought maybe between my parents, my brother, Joe and I that we could do a vow renewal package at Disney for their anniversary in 2011.

After a lot of research I decided to call my brother this morning and run the idea past him. Much to my shock, he said he'd like to pay half and would like to split it down the middle with me! :love2: We're going to give them the package for Christmas and make it a total surprise. I'm calling Disney this afternoon to see what we can work out. I'm so excited to be able to do this for them. They really deserve it!

longing2Batdisney
10-20-2009, 11:15 AM
:cloud9:Leanne, that is awesome!! Your parents will be so excited!!
what a wonderful gift from you and your brother!!:love:

racefanof88
10-20-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm in, I'm in :cool1::thumbsup2.

I think it is so wonderful what you and your brother are doing for your parents :thumbsup2. That is the most awesome gift and I am sure they will love it.

wlwilliams9
10-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Yeah, another PTR!! :cheer2: I'm really going to miss Disney when May rolls around next year. :sad1: We've been going in May for the last 7 years, but I guess I can wait until next Oct. I want the baby to be able to enjoy things and to be able to sit up on her own!! Congrats on the Poly, you guys will LOVE it! :lovestruc It is a beautiful resort and even more beautiful with a 40% off PIN!! How fun to be traveling with Mary and Becky again! :dance3: Can't wait to hear all of your plans!

I can't wait to hear about your parents reactions to their wedding gift! :bride: What a fantastic present you and your brother are giving them and I guess that means you'll just have to plan another trip for 2011!! Oh darn!

bouncycat
10-20-2009, 02:36 PM
That is an awesome present for your parents...they should be thrilled!! Especially with your brother paying half!! :) I can't wait to hear what else you have planned. I love living so close, cause I can go whenever. We will have our annual passes for disney back next year, I just don't like universal as much!

MaryAz
10-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Ah, what a great gift. And yay for brother paying half! Can't wait to hear all the details!!:lovestruc

Lifelong_Dreamer
10-20-2009, 06:24 PM
What an amazing and lovely gift for your parents. :goodvibes

leamom2princesses
10-20-2009, 07:09 PM
:cloud9:Leanne, that is awesome!! Your parents will be so excited!!
what a wonderful gift from you and your brother!!:love: I hope they get as excited as James and I. Can't wait to give it to them at Christmas.:cool1:

I'm in, I'm in :cool1::thumbsup2.

I think it is so wonderful what you and your brother are doing for your parents :thumbsup2. That is the most awesome gift and I am sure they will love it.Hi Dana!!! :flower3: So glad you made it over. :goodvibes I'll let you all know how they react when they find out.

Yeah, another PTR!! :cheer2: I'm really going to miss Disney when May rolls around next year. :sad1: We've been going in May for the last 7 years, but I guess I can wait until next Oct. I want the baby to be able to enjoy things and to be able to sit up on her own!! Congrats on the Poly, you guys will LOVE it! :lovestruc It is a beautiful resort and even more beautiful with a 40% off PIN!! How fun to be traveling with Mary and Becky again! :dance3: Can't wait to hear all of your plans!

I can't wait to hear about your parents reactions to their wedding gift! :bride: What a fantastic present you and your brother are giving them and I guess that means you'll just have to plan another trip for 2011!! Oh darn! Hi Wendy! :wave2: Thanks for stopping by. We've been missing you. :goodvibes I can't wait to stay at the Poly. Your report and Becky's report have me super excited to stay there. Sorry you won't be making it in May but you will have a beautiful new baby and I think you're right; waiting until they can sit up securely in the stroller is probably best. We took Josie on her first trip at 8 months and it was great.

As for the gift, they will have to twist my arm but I guess I will go in 2011 too. :lmao:

That is an awesome present for your parents...they should be thrilled!! Especially with your brother paying half!! :) I can't wait to hear what else you have planned. I love living so close, cause I can go whenever. We will have our annual passes for disney back next year, I just don't like universal as much! James and I are splitting the expenses down the middle so they should only have to show up and look pretty:laughing:. I"m sure they will throw a fit about the money but I also think it will show them how much we love and respect them. Yay on the annual passes if I lived within 6-8 hours I'd be all over some AP's.

Ah, what a great gift. And yay for brother paying half! Can't wait to hear all the details!!:lovestruc It is going to be awesome. I can't wait. You guys are going to have to help me come up with something really creative and cool for the presentation at Christmas.

What an amazing and lovely gift for your parents. :goodvibes Thanks Lessa! :)

Brave teacher
10-20-2009, 09:19 PM
What an amazing gift for your parents! You and your brother are so thoughtful to do something like that for them!

leamom2princesses
10-22-2009, 02:02 PM
What an amazing gift for your parents! You and your brother are so thoughtful to do something like that for them!

Thanks Megan! :goodvibes

leamom2princesses
10-22-2009, 02:14 PM
I have been going through pics of trips gone by and came across this one and I thought I'd share. It won't be near as funny as watching the video of the live event.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/old%20trips/plutopoopy2003.jpg

This is a pic of Lindsey on her first trip to WDW. She is about a month away from her 3rd birthday in this pic. This particular morning we had gone to the Crystal Palace for a delicious breakfast with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, & Eeyore. We had a great time. We finished our breakfast around 9am but it was our last day at Disney and we were heading to Sea World. We decided to skip Mk and just head over to our new hotel near Sea World.

We grabbed a ferry back to the parking lot so we could get on our way. At 9am there are plenty of people riding from the parking lot to MK but we were the only ones on the boat headed from MK to the parking lot. We were so lucky to have Pluto on the boat all to ourselves. The interaction was fantastic. After some play, pictures and autographs Pluto turned around to look across the lake. At this point, Lindsey in her loudest voice screams "EWWWWWWWW MOMMY, PUTO POOOPIED!!!". Joe and I about fell over. :lmao: Now look at the picture....do you see what she thought was poopy and do you see her hands over her mouth in horror....Pluto must have heard her because he turned around and started acting like he was laughing and acting silly.

Just wanted to share something cute...I know it's not near as funny not seeing it live but maybe it will brighten your day a little. :goodvibes

longing2Batdisney
10-22-2009, 03:40 PM
:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

that is too cute!!!! I hope you got that one on video!!! good blackmail use for the future when she becomes the dreaded teen!!! :eek:

Kids do say the darndest things!!!

MaryAz
10-22-2009, 05:41 PM
7 MONTHS
:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana::yay: :yay:

Lifelong_Dreamer
10-22-2009, 06:17 PM
:lmao: That is hilarious and adorable!

Brave teacher
10-22-2009, 08:10 PM
What an awesome and hilarious story!

racefanof88
10-22-2009, 08:18 PM
I love it :lmao:. Isn't it funny what kids notice? This picture could win a prize. It really looks like she is surprised to see Pluto.

Queenofallthings
10-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Hey girl, I am so sorry I've been away for so long. Our laptop died, so I bit the bullet tonight and went and got a new one. Thanks for letting me know about your new PTR...now I'm going to read it. Guess what...I'm pretty sure Jasmine and I are going in January....tell you about it after I read your report

leamom2princesses
10-22-2009, 09:07 PM
:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

that is too cute!!!! I hope you got that one on video!!! good blackmail use for the future when she becomes the dreaded teen!!! :eek:

Kids do say the darndest things!!!We have this on video and well protected. :rotfl:

7 MONTHS
:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana::yay: :yay: Yay for 7 months!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

:lmao: That is hilarious and adorable! Thanks Lessa!:goodvibes

What an awesome and hilarious story! Thanks Megan! :goodvibes

I love it :lmao:. Isn't it funny what kids notice? This picture could win a prize. It really looks like she is surprised to see Pluto. She was so surprised. We were in the middle of potty training so what Pluto was doing was so wrong to her...:rotfl2: Never in a million years did we expect it.

Hey girl, I am so sorry I've been away for so long. Our laptop died, so I bit the bullet tonight and went and got a new one. Thanks for letting me know about your new PTR...now I'm going to read it. Guess what...I'm pretty sure Jasmine and I are going in January....tell you about it after I read your report Sorry about the laptop. :sad2: I was wondering where you were. I missed you friend. I'm glad you're back! Can't wait to hear about your plans for January!! You are so lucky to go back so soon. :worship:

ladybugmom
10-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Leanne--what an AMAZING gift to give your parents!! WOW!!

Love the Pluto pic--it made me laugh out loud!!

YAY for 7 months!!! :cool1::dance3::cool1:

MaryAz
10-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Bump, working on anything fun? I am starting to look at ADR's

leamom2princesses
10-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Leanne--what an AMAZING gift to give your parents!! WOW!!

Love the Pluto pic--it made me laugh out loud!!

YAY for 7 months!!! :cool1::dance3::cool1: Hi Becky! I've talked with Mom and Dad's wedding planner over the phone and she is SOOOOOOO nice. Glad we could make you laugh a little... :goodvibes

leamom2princesses
10-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Bump, working on anything fun? I am starting to look at ADR's Hi Mary! Didn't want to spend precious weekend time cleaning so I worked really hard and got everything done last night. Tonight we had a wedding/reception to attend for a guy I work with. It was nice. Josie cried when we left. She was having a ball dancing. :cool1:

What are you into tonight? I have been starting to pick a few places to dine. In about 4 weeks we wil be able to make some adrs. CAn't wait...I feel like things are really coming together when our ADR's are made. :)

leamom2princesses
10-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Hi readers! :banana: I'm starting to research restaurants and menus and thought of an interesting question to ask each of you (this will also help me narrow some things down)....

If you could only go to one sit down meal on Disney Property during your vacation, where would it be and why?

kimbo0569
10-24-2009, 10:03 PM
I read your first report and loved it! I'm in on this one too, wishing for a rain free trip for you and your family!

I think the vow renewal package that you and your brother are doing for your parents is an awesome idea!

longing2Batdisney
10-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi readers! :banana: I'm starting to research restaurants and menus and thought of an interesting question to ask each of you (this will also help me narrow some things down)....

If you could only go to one sit down meal on Disney Property during your vacation, where would it be and why?
Sorry I'm giving you two!!
I'm doing two must do's and it is strictly from reviews as I have not done any yet!!
Whispering Canyon --dinner and
Ohana's --breakfast

and if you really want me to be of no help at all :lmao: :rotfl:
I bet the girls would really like the Hoop de do and the Luau (but those are dinner shows)

leamom2princesses
10-24-2009, 10:11 PM
I read your first report and loved it! I'm in on this one too, wishing for a rain free trip for you and your family!

I think the vow renewal package that you and your brother are doing for your parents is an awesome idea! Hi there! Thanks for stopping by both of my reports!!! :wave2: Almost forgot, thanks for the rain free wishes too...hopefully WDW will be a "poncho-free" zone most of the trip. :laughing:

Stay tuned more fun to come!:goodvibes

leamom2princesses
10-24-2009, 10:21 PM

I think the vow renewal package that you and your brother are doing for your parents is an awesome idea! Hi again kimbo...I checked out your TR. What a good looking family you have! Your daughters are gorgeous and about the same age as our little girls. Looks like your girls had A LOT of fun during that trip. :goodvibes

bouncycat
10-24-2009, 10:36 PM
LOVED Ohana dinner, two words, BREAD PUDDING!!! I liked Wispering Canyon too, the antics were awesome, and the food was pretty good there too. I got some pics on my report somewhere back earlier on. But that place was fun, and I'd LOVE to do it again! I think those were my favorite places from September. Kona was good in May....so many decisions!!! LOL

Lifelong_Dreamer
10-24-2009, 10:44 PM

That is such a tough question!

If I am choosing a place I have already been and loved I would say The Plaza.

If choosing some place new I would say Jiko. :thumbsup2

leamom2princesses
10-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Sorry I'm giving you two!!
I'm doing two must do's and it is strictly from reviews as I have not done any yet!!
Whispering Canyon --dinner and
Ohana's --breakfast

and if you really want me to be of no help at all :lmao: :rotfl:
I bet the girls would really like the Hoop de do and the Luau (but those are dinner shows)Hi Connie! You know my girls too well...they would love those dinner shows. I haven't done either meal that you mentioned....have done dinner at O'hana and that one will definitely be on the list for this year again!

leamom2princesses
10-24-2009, 11:00 PM
LOVED Ohana dinner, two words, BREAD PUDDING!!! I liked Wispering Canyon too, the antics were awesome, and the food was pretty good there too. I got some pics on my report somewhere back earlier on. But that place was fun, and I'd LOVE to do it again! I think those were my favorite places from September. Kona was good in May....so many decisions!!! LOLGirl you gotta stop all this pudding talk...you are making me crave it! :goodvibes Maybe we need to try Whispering Canyon that one has two votes....hmmmmm.

leamom2princesses
10-24-2009, 11:01 PM
That is such a tough question!

If I am choosing a place I have already been and loved I would say The Plaza.

If choosing some place new I would say Jiko. :thumbsup2

Hi Lessa! I totally forgot about the Plaza...need to go check that out!! I don't think I will ever get to try Jiko...Joe was not a fan of Boma so if it's similar it's a no-go...:laughing:

You guys are giving me such great suggestions! Keep em coming!

MaryAz
10-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Jeff says Yak and Yeti
I am going with O'Hana-though I have never eaten there. It just looks soooo good. I also really liked Y&Y

MaryAz
10-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Hi Mary! Didn't want to spend precious weekend time cleaning so I worked really hard and got everything done last night. Tonight we had a wedding/reception to attend for a guy I work with. It was nice. Josie cried when we left. She was having a ball dancing. :cool1:

What are you into tonight? I have been starting to pick a few places to dine. In about 4 weeks we wil be able to make some adrs. CAn't wait...I feel like things are really coming together when our ADR's are made. :)

You go on the cleaning. The reception sonded fun. Poor Josie. I am trying to narrow down some restraunt choices. Sent you a pm. Went to Border's tonight and picked up a new Disney book.

Brave teacher
10-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Where to eat huh?

I'll agree with the suggestions of WCC and 'Ohana.

The Turf Club at SSR is really fantastic. We tried that one in February. We were supposed to go to Le Cellier that night, but Cooper was sick with a sinus infection. We wanted to stay close to home, so we picked the Turf Club since we were at SSR. It was very good.

Sanaa is a new personal favorite of ours. Really good flavors...

Sorry. I kinda gave you more than just one.

leamom2princesses
10-24-2009, 11:47 PM
You go on the cleaning. The reception sonded fun. Poor Josie. I am trying to narrow down some restraunt choices. Sent you a pm. Went to Border's tonight and picked up a new Disney book. I'm perusing menu's and locations also. What book did you get? I love Disney books! I need to check out the menu for Yak and Yeti....if Jeff likes it Joe probably will to....

leamom2princesses
10-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Where to eat huh?

I'll agree with the suggestions of WCC and 'Ohana.

The Turf Club at SSR is really fantastic. We tried that one in February. We were supposed to go to Le Cellier that night, but Cooper was sick with a sinus infection. We wanted to stay close to home, so we picked the Turf Club since we were at SSR. It was very good.

Sanaa is a new personal favorite of ours. Really good flavors...

Sorry. I kinda gave you more than just one.Thanks Megan! The Turf Club and Sanaa would both be new. Need to go check out the menus...was Sanaa over the top like Boma?

racefanof88
10-25-2009, 10:50 PM
OK, I will have to chirp in here, cause hmmmmmmmmmm WE WILL BE THERE AT THE SAME TIME :banana::woohoo:. We didn't enjoy Ohana too much because the service wasn't good and the wait was way toooooooooooooo long. The food was OK. We really LOVED Grand Floridian Cafe. The service was impeccable and the food was to die for. It really came off as a more upscale restaurant than it is represented. Very nice. We like Kona and last May Tyler and I really liked Yak and Yeti. Plaza is always a must do for us.

bouncycat
10-26-2009, 07:25 AM
Kona was good too.....I haven't had a bad meal ANYWHERE in the world, as far as TS goes....so I"m probably not much help, since I like everything!!

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 09:36 AM
OK, I will have to chirp in here, cause hmmmmmmmmmm WE WILL BE THERE AT THE SAME TIME :banana::woohoo:. We didn't enjoy Ohana too much because the service wasn't good and the wait was way toooooooooooooo long. The food was OK. We really LOVED Grand Floridian Cafe. The service was impeccable and the food was to die for. It really came off as a more upscale restaurant than it is represented. Very nice. We like Kona and last May Tyler and I really liked Yak and Yeti. Plaza is always a must do for us. I'm getting together menus for Joe to look at and make some final pics. Yak and Yeti are in the finals. We've never waited more than 10 minutes on dinner at Ohana and had excellent service. I was considering a breakfast too (since we're staying there) but if you had a bad experience I want no part of it. I've been reading that the new online booking system is really screwing with things. My crew doesn't do well with waiting really so if its going to be a pain we probably should skip it. :confused3 Thanks for the heads up Dana! Can't wait to see you in May! :hug:

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Kona was good too.....I haven't had a bad meal ANYWHERE in the world, as far as TS goes....so I"m probably not much help, since I like everything!! Hi Christie! SOOOOOO, Dana is coming in May, Mary is coming in May, Becky is coming in May, our new friend Megan is coming in May........ARE YOU GOING TO JOIN US FOR A DAY OR TWO IN MAY---hint, hint, hint????:rolleyes1

Kona sounds really good. I don't think Mary and her family had a very good experience but I hear breakfast is fantastic....we will probaby check that also. I've been looking at upgrading to DxDP only because I think we would like a breakfast character meals too. It's a lot of food but when you're on vacation you are supposed to splurge a little right? :laughing:

longing2Batdisney
10-26-2009, 01:03 PM
mickeystoontown--Lisa will be there at the same time--actually I beleive an overlap
so many of ya'll will be there...it should be lots of fun!!! :yay:
Oh! BTW she has two TR 's that are sooooo great!!! funny and great suggestions
but be warned she has a lot of chatter on the threads, too! I think it makes the fun even greater

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 02:17 PM
mickeystoontown--Lisa will be there at the same time--actually I beleive an overlap
but be warned she has a lot of chatter on the threads, too! I think it makes the fun even greater Thanks Connie! I need to look her up and see what she has going. The more the merrier! :banana:

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi readers! Has anyone tried the new online ADR system? How did it work? What did you think?

I'm trying to decide if I want to call or give this a a try in a few weeks!

longing2Batdisney
10-26-2009, 02:27 PM
but be warned she has a lot of chatter on the threads, too! I think it makes the fun even greater

Thanks Connie! I need to look her up and see what she has going. The more the merrier! :banana:
she just posted a report on "Whispering Canyon" they also did the luau this past August!

here is her link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2262690

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks again Connie! I'm headed over there right after I get off work tonight. I just tracked your package and it looks like it should deliver today! :banana:

longing2Batdisney
10-26-2009, 02:34 PM
That's wonderful news!! he asked me just before he went to work today!!! I told him he should get it by Wednesday or Thursday...did not know how it shipped?!?

:worship:Thanks! again you are a great and wonderful life saver:worship:
:flower3:Connie

bouncycat
10-26-2009, 02:38 PM
As long as the meet is on a weekend, I'm in!!! I can't take days off, got graduation next year, and possibly a huge grand gathering at disney next year to go to....but weekends, I'm FREE baby!

longing2Batdisney
10-26-2009, 03:09 PM
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
the UPS guy just left!!!!
the boys will be so excited when they get in tonight!!!

:hug:Connie

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 06:50 PM
As long as the meet is on a weekend, I'm in!!! I can't take days off, got graduation next year, and possibly a huge grand gathering at disney next year to go to....but weekends, I'm FREE baby!

We can do that! Now I've got to start scheming with the rest of the girls on when we're going to meet up! This is coming together so nicely! :banana:

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 06:51 PM
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
the UPS guy just left!!!!
the boys will be so excited when they get in tonight!!!

:hug:Connie

No thanks necessary. Glad you got it. :hug: If you have any trouble whatsoever give me a call okay!

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Inspired by my DIS friends, I have scanned several pics of past trips. The first of many I offer you is a pic from my first trip with DH (Joe). My Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, his GF, two aunts, and two uncles went on this trip with Joe and I. We had just got engaged about two weeks before this picture. My aunts bought us the mouse ears....this is when Joe was sweet and still trying to impress me...:rotfl2:

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/old%20trips/engagedkiss1999.jpg

racefanof88
10-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Hi readers! Has anyone tried the new online ADR system? How did it work? What did you think?

I'm trying to decide if I want to call or give this a a try in a few weeks!

I used the online ADR system and it was fine. I know the "add celebration" worked, but not so sure about the allergy information. We got the cup cakes and cards, but no one asked about allergy information.

We will get there on a Monday(5/24) and we leave Sunday(5/30). Woooooooo hooooooooo I'm so excited :dance3::yay::woohoo:.

Inspired by my DIS friends, I have scanned several pics of past trips. The first of many I offer you is a pic from my first trip with DH (Joe). My Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, his GF, two aunts, and two uncles went on this trip with Joe and I. We had just got engaged about two weeks before this picture. My aunts bought us the mouse ears....this is when Joe was sweet and still trying to impress me...:rotfl2:

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/old%20trips/engagedkiss1999.jpg

At least you have a working scanner :rotfl:. I looked at Walmart last week and they didn't have much to chose from so I need to go to BestBuy. I love the picture, it is so cute. Too bad men don't keep that sweetness :sad2:.

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 07:56 PM
I used the online ADR system and it was fine. I know the "add celebration" worked, but not so sure about the allergy information. We got the cup cakes and cards, but no one asked about allergy information. Good deal Dana! I was hoping it worked for someone! :goodvibes

We will get there on a Monday(5/24) and we leave Sunday(5/30). Woooooooo hooooooooo I'm so excited :dance3::yay::woohoo:. Maybe we can do the 28th or 29th!

At least you have a working scanner :rotfl:. I looked at Walmart last week and they didn't have much to chose from so I need to go to BestBuy. I love the picture, it is so cute. Too bad men don't keep that sweetness :sad2:. I know it's pitiful isn't it??? I'm panicking a bit...read the next post!

longing2Batdisney
10-26-2009, 08:00 PM
love this picture Leanne!! ya'll are soooo cute...and Ashton really likes it and was inspired I am being smothered in kisses, tickles, and respberries at this very moment:love::rotfl2:

that is the sweetest!!! doncha just wish it would last forever...too bad we don't know that at the time:rotfl:

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 08:03 PM
I saw part of a thread about the list for Disney Dining in 2010 being final so I went to the Disney site to see what the hubbub was about....

Among others I'm sure, but three of my top choices aren't on the dining plan in 2010...Teppan Edo, Tutto Italia and Yak & Yeti aren't listed on the 2010 dining brochure... dining plan price raising, park admission raising, parking price raising, photopass increasing,Disney say WHHHHHAAAAAATTTT? :scared1:

Hopefully they just didn't proofread the list before they published it....this is crazy.

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 08:04 PM
love this picture Leanne!! ya'll are soooo cute...and Ashton really likes it and was inspired I am being smothered in kisses, tickles, and respberries at this very moment:love::rotfl2:

that is the sweetest!!! doncha just wish it would last forever...too bad we don't know that at the time:rotfl:

:wave2:Awwww, glad we could inspire Ashton. :goodvibes I do wish it would last forever. He still has his moments though. :love:

Brave teacher
10-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Leanne, what a fabulous picture! I love seeing pictures from the past.

I need to go check out that updated list of restaurants on DDP. I kinda understand why Y&Y isn't there. All of the other Landry's restaurants were off the list. I guess it just caught up this year. It certainly sucks about the other two. I had heard they weere really good.

bouncycat
10-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Oh man, how sweet!! LOVE that picture....so, does 5/29 sound like a good day for a meet? Sounds like it is all coming together nicely, scary how that happens sometimes, isn't it? LOL

I do wish guys would keep that sweetness, mine still has it, when he wants to show it!!! HAHAHA

I don't like the changes on the DDP, I enjoyed Teppan Edo!! But, can see why they're taking it away, I had shrimp and steak, that usually costs the SAME as one day on the DDP, so that's totally understandable, but WHY take away places AND raise prices??? But, until people don't pay those prices anymore, they will keep making them higher.

I'm really looking forward to this meet....maybe it's time for a new ticker...HAHAHA once we decide on a day that is!!!

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Leanne, what a fabulous picture! I love seeing pictures from the past.

I need to go check out that updated list of restaurants on DDP. I kinda understand why Y&Y isn't there. All of the other Landry's restaurants were off the list. I guess it just caught up this year. It certainly sucks about the other two. I had heard they weere really good. Thanks Megan about the pic! I have more coming. :)

I'm going back to look at the DDP list again. Maybe we can come up with something but we were really really looking forward to Teppan Edo again. They made such a big deal out of Joe's birthday and everyone was so friendly that we just fell in love with the place. :sad1: I guess I will have to get over it and go back to the drawing board or pay OOP. Quit whining right. :rotfl:

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh man, how sweet!! LOVE that picture....so, does 5/29 sound like a good day for a meet? Sounds like it is all coming together nicely, scary how that happens sometimes, isn't it? LOL

I do wish guys would keep that sweetness, mine still has it, when he wants to show it!!! HAHAHA

I don't like the changes on the DDP, I enjoyed Teppan Edo!! But, can see why they're taking it away, I had shrimp and steak, that usually costs the SAME as one day on the DDP, so that's totally understandable, but WHY take away places AND raise prices??? But, until people don't pay those prices anymore, they will keep making them higher.

I'm really looking forward to this meet....maybe it's time for a new ticker...HAHAHA once we decide on a day that is!!! I think you need to add that ticker girl! I'm looking forward to the meet also. :woohoo: We're leaving out the evening of the 29th but we're flexible. We won't leave the resort until 4ish so the 29 works fine for me.

My hubby can be a big sweetie too when he wants...:rotfl:

I agree with your assessment of the changes. You'd think with the economy still in the toilet they would do one or the other -increase prices or cut back on offerings. At least we still have Ohana! :cool1:

MaryAz
10-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Wow, lots to catch up on! I was busy today and have not had time to get on until now.
Kona was ok, I should have ordered something else. The Kona Cone was a big hit though.
Very cute pic of you and Joe! Ah the days were they used to try and impress us....
DANA You need a ticker girl! I am so excited you guys are coming! We need to spend some time this trip!
Wow, I am shocked about the dining. Y&Y was our favorite. I also had Tu Ital and Teppan Edo on our list. Man, I am worried about all this. I really hope they extend the 4/3-or we may be in trouble.......

MaryAz
10-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Me again, :) Just checked out the dining plan page and it looks like the 3rd party restraunts-not owned by Disney get added at the end. So, it sappears the list is not yet final. Fingers crossed!

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Wow, lots to catch up on! I was busy today and have not had time to get on until now.
Kona was ok, I should have ordered something else. The Kona Cone was a big hit though.
Very cute pic of you and Joe! Ah the days were they used to try and impress us....
DANA You need a ticker girl! I am so excited you guys are coming! We need to spend some time this trip!
Wow, I am shocked about the dining. Y&Y was our favorite. I also had Tu Ital and Teppan Edo on our list. Man, I am worried about all this. I really hope they extend the 4/3-or we may be in trouble....... Thanks Mary! I'm shocked too. I just checked it out at disneyworld.com, compared 2009 to 2010 and EPCOT and DTD have been massacred. I hope this is just tentative. Someone on the dining board posted a CM told them the list was final. :scared1: It can't be right though because Coronado Springs Resort is missing altogether. :confused3 Disney needs to get it together. My OCD is kicking in and I need facts people! :rotfl2:

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Me again, :) Just checked out the dining plan page and it looks like the 3rd party restraunts-not owned by Disney get added at the end. So, it sappears the list is not yet final. Fingers crossed! I've definitely got my fingers crossed too! :goodvibes

longing2Batdisney
10-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Here is an idea?!? go on the WDW site and click on the contact portion at thebottom and send them an email with your question concerning your ADR questions...I have done this for other questions before I found the DIS...also if you go on the booking page sometimes you can chat with a CM; they will answer just about all questions too! worth a shot!!!

BTW: Dana's ticker is a single line above her pics in red -- hers is counting down the days, hours, minutes, and seconds until ya'll are there :yay:
Luck!!!

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Here is an idea?!? go on the WDW site and click on the contact portion at thebottom and send them an email with your question concerning your ADR questions...I have done this for other questions before I found the DIS...also if you go on the booking page sometimes you can chat with a CM; they will answer just about all questions too! worth a shot!!!

BTW: Dana's ticker is a single line above her pics in red -- hers is counting down the days, hours, minutes, and seconds until ya'll are there :yay:
Luck!!! I may have to contact Disney directly because my OCD is in overdrive now. :rotfl: Thanks for info on Dana's ticker. Have the boys tried to get Dayne going? Did it go okay?

longing2Batdisney
10-26-2009, 10:38 PM
They are out there now! but, I could have sworn Danny told me he needed a new vacum hose before he could install it?!? but, they have been out there for about an hour and half now...Dayne came home and started taking the old one off before he even talked to Danny :confused3 :rotfl2:

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 10:59 PM
They are out there now! but, I could have sworn Danny told me he needed a new vacum hose before he could install it?!? but, they have been out there for about an hour and half now...Dayne came home and started taking the old one off before he even talked to Danny :confused3 :rotfl2: Uh oh! :lmao:

mickeystoontown
10-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Hey there! I wanna join in too! Dana and Connie have told me about you and I see that they've told you about me too. Looks like our trip dates will overlap a bit. We will be arriving on May 27th and departing on June 5th.

My dream resort is the Poly. I check my darned email every day to see if I get one of those coveted pin codes but, so far, zilch..nada...nothing...great big ole' goose egg.:headache:

As far as the 2010 dining plan participating restaurants, we went through this whole fiasco last year too. There were lots of restaurants not included but then were added at the last second. I think that this is not a final list. Like you said, how could the restaurants at the Coronado resort not be included?

leamom2princesses
10-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Hey there! I wanna join in too! Dana and Connie have told me about you and I see that they've told you about me too. Looks like our trip dates will overlap a bit. We will be arriving on May 27th and departing on June 5th.

My dream resort is the Poly. I check my darned email every day to see if I get one of those coveted pin codes but, so far, zilch..nada...nothing...great big ole' goose egg.:headache:

As far as the 2010 dining plan participating restaurants, we went through this whole fiasco last year too. There were lots of restaurants not included but then were added at the last second. I think that this is not a final list. Like you said, how could the restaurants at the Coronado resort not be included? Hi there and welcome to my PTR! :welcome: Connie and Dana are great aren't they? We definitely need to set up a meet. Looks like we may have one started for the 29th with Christie! I will keep my fingers crossed for you also. I've got them crossed for Mary and Becky too. Here's some pixie dust too. pixiedust: We've never stayed at the Poly so I'm super excited! :woohoo: If you decide to stay there we'll be doing a Poly meet. Becky and Mary are staying there too! Think we can talk Dana into coming over? :laughing:

I'm not stressing over the ADR's anymore. I did chat with a CM and they told me the list was final but I know they've been wrong before and changed at the last minute. Did a lot of research today. Thanks for the input. It makes it easier to know someone I know has experienced this before. :)

leamom2princesses
10-27-2009, 07:10 PM
This is a pic from Lindsey's first trip to the world in 2003. This is within her first 5 minutes in the park (MK) and her very first character encounter. She wouldn't go near them unless I held her. See her checking Baloo out. :rotfl:

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/old%20trips/lindsfirstcharacterpic2003.jpg

MaryAz
10-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Another cute pic! What kind of research did you do??

leamom2princesses
10-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Another cute pic! What kind of research did you do??I googled "dining contracts Disney World" and there are lots of links to info. After reading several from multiple sights, I was more assured that this will be resolved. I did live chat with a CM from booking online at Connie's suggestion and the CM did tell me that the list was final. :confused3 I guess this is protocol until the contracts are signed. I'm not super tore up over it anymore.

Brave teacher
10-27-2009, 07:39 PM
I love your blast from the past photos. Cooper finally met Baloo and King Louie in February. He kinda had the same reaction.:goodvibes

Sending some good vibes your way that the final list of restaurants ends in your favor.

Lifelong_Dreamer
10-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Loving the "old pic of the day" idea. :thumbsup2

leamom2princesses
10-27-2009, 07:54 PM
I love your blast from the past photos. Cooper finally met Baloo and King Louie in February. He kinda had the same reaction.:goodvibes

Sending some good vibes your way that the final list of restaurants ends in your favor. Thanks Megan! Too funny about Cooper. :laughing:

longing2Batdisney
10-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Love the picture!! Their face is always priceless when they meet a character for the first time. I really need to go to my mom's and get some pictures I started last week and have not made it to her album room, yet. I know it will be hours upon hours....

I'm glad you are feeling better about the ADR situation...I'm sure things will settle in soon...

leamom2princesses
10-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Loving the "old pic of the day" idea. :thumbsup2 Thanks Lessa!

leamom2princesses
10-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Love the picture!! Their face is always priceless when they meet a character for the first time. I really need to go to my mom's and get some pictures I started last week and have not made it to her album room, yet. I know it will be hours upon hours....

I'm glad you are feeling better about the ADR situation...I'm sure things will settle in soon...
:wave2: Thanks Connie! Can't wait to see some pics from your trips of the past. I've got some really good ones but I'm just warming you guys up. The ones from my first trip in 1987 are really hilarious!

Did Dayne get going?? I really hope he is back on the road. :goodvibes

longing2Batdisney
10-27-2009, 08:25 PM
They are back out there right now!! I'm not sure what is going on?!? I'm sure he will be running by the weekend...Danny has been getting home after 7pm and leaving for work at 5am...needless to say he is sooooo tired but he is trying to help Dayne(he does not work on Fridays-so, I'm sure that is when it will all come together --unless he gets it now)...I know he called me today and asked me to get the number you gave me for Mike ready for him incase he needs to call him tomorrow.

leamom2princesses
10-27-2009, 09:08 PM
They are back out there right now!! I'm not sure what is going on?!? I'm sure he will be running by the weekend...Danny has been getting home after 7pm and leaving for work at 5am...needless to say he is sooooo tired but he is trying to help Dayne(he does not work on Fridays-so, I'm sure that is when it will all come together --unless he gets it now)...I know he called me today and asked me to get the number you gave me for Mike ready for him incase he needs to call him tomorrow.I bet he is tired. Be sure to give Danny my cell and work number too. If he has trouble reaching Mike have him call me and I will get Mike on the phone. Want to get Dayne on the road right away. I will give Mike a heads up to stop what he is doing if he gets a call from Danny. ;)

leamom2princesses
10-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Oh yeah, I measured Josie today...just turned 4 a month ago....we still have 4 more inches before we reach 40. We need truckloads of pixie dust over here.:lmao: Bless her heart, she'll probably be driving before she can ride ToT, RnR, or EE. :laughing:

wlwilliams9
10-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Oh yeah, I measured Josie today...just turned 4 a month ago....we still have 4 more inches before we reach 40. We need truckloads of pixie dust over here.:lmao: Bless her heart, she'll probably be driving before she can ride ToT, RnR, or EE. :laughing:

Aww, what a little mini cutie!! Emily turned 3 in July and only has an inch to go before next Oct. We can't wait to take her on Splash mtn!princess:

longing2Batdisney
10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Bless her heart!!! that was one of the other reasons Danny wanted to wait until Nov Ashton is a whole 38" so he is hoping that he will be 42" by that time.

so, the guys are inside! :confused3 I think Danny is so tired he can't make heads or tails about anything! and he just found out today that he is suppose to work Friday!! I wish he would get a fire under his foot and look for another job!! I believe he would be alot happier--he and my cousin work together as the shipyard supervisor's and my cousin is this real nervous nelly (Danny is the only one who can tolerate him--go figure) well he is driving Danny nuts and they have so much going on at the moment (they are all under a great deal of stress)!!

But, they have a vacum leak and it is back firing...I wish he would just leave the car alone until he has some rest?!? I know if he was rested he would not be having these problems--he is sitting across from me reading the book that came with it at the moment.

Have a great evening!
Connie

longing2Batdisney
10-27-2009, 09:57 PM
they just went back out there again! I really think Danny is just so tired...but, I guess he found something when he was reading!!!

EDIT: so, they just took it for a ride--fixed the back fire but still having an idle problem and a small fuel leak (he said--will play again tomorrow; hopefully he will be home earlier and can give it a little attention)
Thanks!
Connie

MaryAz
10-27-2009, 11:53 PM

Oh boy, may iI suggest some platform shoes LOL. Poor pixie.

leamom2princesses
10-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Aww, what a little mini cutie!! Emily turned 3 in July and only has an inch to go before next Oct. We can't wait to take her on Splash mtn!princess: Thanks Wendy! It's so fun to experience new things through their eyes. I can't wait to take Josie on the cool rides either...it's going to be a while though. :laughing:

How are you feeling girl? Not much longer now. Any names picked out?

leamom2princesses
10-28-2009, 12:41 PM
they just went back out there again! I really think Danny is just so tired...but, I guess he found something when he was reading!!!

EDIT: so, they just took it for a ride--fixed the back fire but still having an idle problem and a small fuel leak (he said--will play again tomorrow; hopefully he will be home earlier and can give it a little attention)
Thanks!
ConnieHopefully they can get it worked out. If not have them call or email. If you shoot me an email I can get that to Mike also. He has a blackberry too. I can have him call Danny tonight too if you'd rather do that. Just let me know.

leamom2princesses
10-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Oh boy, may iI suggest some platform shoes LOL. Poor pixie.Those are some big platform shoes...:rotfl2:

longing2Batdisney
10-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Hopefully they can get it worked out. If not have them call or email. If you shoot me an email I can get that to Mike also. He has a blackberry too. I can have him call Danny tonight too if you'd rather do that. Just let me know.
Thanks! I'm going to let Danny play this out...he may need to speak with Mike; but, I really think he is over tired :sad2: He could not get out of bed this morning...Ashton & I woke up before he did :confused3 and with the time change next week (he really needs to take a few days off of work to regroup!) --I'll let you know if he needs to talk to Mike (I would not want him talking to someone and not make any sense :laughing: ) he may sound that way rested so let's not push the issue!!!!

Have a great day!!!
:wave2:Connie

ladybugmom
10-28-2009, 01:51 PM
LOVE all of the old pics, Leanne!! You know--I posted mine on FB and forgot to post them on my TR!! Will have to do that soon! You have me stressed about theses ADRs! We made up a list this past weekend with our choices! Our definites are O'hana dinner (my fav from last trip), Akershus breakfast, Le Cellier dinner, Crystal Palace dinner, and 1900 Park Fare dinner. Off to look at the list!

leamom2princesses
10-28-2009, 03:31 PM
LOVE all of the old pics, Leanne!! You know--I posted mine on FB and forgot to post them on my TR!! Will have to do that soon! You have me stressed about theses ADRs! We made up a list this past weekend with our choices! Our definites are O'hana dinner (my fav from last trip), Akershus breakfast, Le Cellier dinner, Crystal Palace dinner, and 1900 Park Fare dinner. Off to look at the list! Actually the places you've chosen I believe are on the list already so you are all set! No need to worry! :thumbsup2

mickeystoontown
10-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Love the Baloo and King Louie picture. Those characters are BIG so I can see why the poor baby was timid!

I remember the days of measuring each week to see if my son would be tall enough to ride *** at Disney. One year, we truly thought he was tall enough to ride Primeval Whirl and you could barely see a sliver of daylight between his head and the measuring stick thing. The castmember told us it was a "no go". Sooooo frustrating!

leamom2princesses
10-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Love the Baloo and King Louie picture. Those characters are BIG so I can see why the poor baby was timid!

I remember the days of measuring each week to see if my son would be tall enough to ride *** at Disney. One year, we truly thought he was tall enough to ride Primeval Whirl and you could barely see a sliver of daylight between his head and the measuring stick thing. The castmember told us it was a "no go". Sooooo frustrating!They are kind of big aren't they. About 15 minutes later she had the hang of it and the rest is history.

Lindsey got her heart broke in 2007. She wanted to ride Primeval Whirl and was about a half inch too short. She cried and cried. My brother and I went on it and we were kind of glad she didn't come with us. Poor little thing would have been crushed with the two of us sliding into her.

leamom2princesses
10-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Today I will post a pic of Josie's first character experience (2006). She is 8 months old in this pic. I may have posted this on the last PTR, but I love it and will post it again. It was Memorial Day and it was so hot that trip-temps were over 100°. :scared1: I thought Jasmine was so sweet wanting to hold her and play with her.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/old%20trips/DCP_0602.jpg

longing2Batdisney
10-28-2009, 07:17 PM
That is just the sweetest picture; I believe I have ever seen...

Lifelong_Dreamer
10-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Awwww!

bouncycat
10-28-2009, 08:25 PM
OMG that is just way too cute!!! Just awesome!

MaryAz
10-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Soooo cute :love:

ladybugmom
10-28-2009, 11:27 PM
That picture is PRECIOUS!!! :lovestruc

leamom2princesses
10-29-2009, 09:36 AM
That is just the sweetest picture; I believe I have ever seen...

Awwww!

OMG that is just way too cute!!! Just awesome!

Soooo cute :love:

That picture is PRECIOUS!!! :lovestruc

Thanks Ladies! :grouphug:

Charlefours
10-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Yay!! I finally made it over to read your PTR--I have finished it and I really want to go back and read your TR too. :)

Hi guys, haven't posted about this but wanted to share. My Mom and Dad ran away to get married in 1971. My Dad was in Vietnam and my Grandpa (My Mom's Dad) didn't like my Dad at all. On one of my Dad's leaves he and my Mom ran away from Columbus, Ohio to Monroe, MI to be married. Next July will be their 40th Wedding Anniversary. My Mom has always felt like she missed out because she never got a wedding. Around their 30th anniversary my Mom started dreaming of a Disney Wedding but unfortunately about 7 months before their anniversary my little sister passed away unexpectedly. That put the wedding idea in the toilet for them. I've been reading some reports and became really interested in the Escape collection vow renewal package. Thought maybe between my parents, my brother, Joe and I that we could do a vow renewal package at Disney for their anniversary in 2011.

After a lot of research I decided to call my brother this morning and run the idea past him. Much to my shock, he said he'd like to pay half and would like to split it down the middle with me! :love2: We're going to give them the package for Christmas and make it a total surprise. I'm calling Disney this afternoon to see what we can work out. I'm so excited to be able to do this for them. They really deserve it!

What a special gift this will be for your parents!! I will be looking forward to hearing their reactions come Christmas morning.

I have been going through pics of trips gone by and came across this one and I thought I'd share. It won't be near as funny as watching the video of the live event.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/old%20trips/plutopoopy2003.jpg

OMG!! I about died when I saw this photo. :rotfl: My first reaction was Pluto was relieving himself over the edge of the ferry!! :lmao: So not a magical Disney thought.

Oh no!! I hope Josie hits a growth spurt soon!! Lilian (my DD) goes in big spurts so hopefully Josie will hit one and be tall enough too. I know I am hoping Lilian will be tall enough too...:cloud9: Right now, she is less than two inches the last time she was measured. She goes to the doctor's office for her annual check up so hopefully we will get good news then. :upsidedow

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/old%20trips/DCP_0602.jpg

How precious this is!! I would treasure such a photo. :) Is it up in the home somewhere?

leamom2princesses
10-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Yay!! I finally made it over to read your PTR--I have finished it and I really want to go back and read your TR too. :) Hi there! Welcome to my PTR! :welcome:

What a special gift this will be for your parents!! I will be looking forward to hearing their reactions come Christmas morning. I can't wait to give it to them. Their planner is so sweet. I can tell she is going to be perfect for them. :cloud9:

OMG!! I about died when I saw this photo. :rotfl: My first reaction was Pluto was relieving himself over the edge of the ferry!! :lmao: So not a magical Disney thought. Too funny!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh no!! I hope Josie hits a growth spurt soon!! Lilian (my DD) goes in big spurts so hopefully Josie will hit one and be tall enough too. I know I am hoping Lilian will be tall enough too...:cloud9: Right now, she is less than two inches the last time she was measured. She goes to the doctor's office for her annual check up so hopefully we will get good news then. :upsidedow Here's some pixie dust for Lilian! pixiedust: I don't know if Josie will get there by May or not but we're wishing really, really hard.

How precious this is!! I would treasure such a photo. :) Is it up in the home somewhere? Not up in the home. I have 5 Disney albums on my living room table that I flip through all the time. A nice multi frame of our favortie memories might work though...hmmmm....thanks for the idea! I saw really cute multi frames at Target for about $30 that said "dreams", "family", stuff like that in the middle of the different frames. :idea:

Brave teacher
11-01-2009, 09:18 PM
What an adorable picture!

MaryAz
11-01-2009, 09:20 PM
How was Halloween? Got pics??

ladybugmom
11-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Yes!! We need Halloween pics!!

leamom2princesses
11-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Sorry for being MIA, had a super busy weekend. I had to make 4 dozen cupcakes for parties to bring on Friday so there went Thursday. Joe's parents are moving starting today and we spent Friday evening doing their final walkthrough on their new house and making plans for the move and of course trick or treating and parties filled up any spare time we had on Saturday. Yesteray we went furniture shopping with the in-laws and went to the funeral home. Busy, Busy, Busy....let the holiday fun begin! :goodvibes

On a sad note a very good friend of ours lost a son on Friday afternoon. His son was mowing the lawn and a limb from a tree fell and hit him on the head killing him instantly. His son was 25, married and had a young daughter. If you wouldn't mind, please pray for this family - it would be greatly appreciated. They are going through a very hard time right now and can use all the prayer they can get.

Hope everyone had a fantastic Halloween! Pics will be up tonight after our Girl Scout meeting! Talk to you then. :banana:

longing2Batdisney
11-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Glad to hear ya'll had a full weekend!! fun fun fun

so sorry to hear about your friends son...such a sad and freak accident!! many prayers being sent...

P.S. to answer your PM question yes both were very nice and professional!

longing2Batdisney
11-02-2009, 01:48 PM
I just received this response from Disney...I believe the first paragraph should be of interest to you and all you dis meet friends...hope this helps out...
Dear Connie,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

Please be aware that Operating Participant dining locations at Disney's
Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Downtown Disney Area and Epcot are currently
not yet available as a part of the 2010 Disney Dining Plan.

Disney Dining Plan

With a Disney Dining Plan, for each night of the package, each Guest in
the party (ages 3 and up) receives:

1 Table-Service Meal
Each table-service meal includes:
• 1 appetizer (Guests ages 3-9 only)
• 1 entrée
• 1 dessert (lunch and dinner only)
• 1 juice (breakfast only)
• 1 single-serving, non-alcoholic beverage
Or
• 1 full buffet
1 Quick-Service Meal
Each quick-service meal includes:
• 1 entrée
• 1 dessert (lunch and dinner only)
• 1 juice (breakfast only)
• 1 single-serving, non-alcoholic beverage
1 Snack
Examples of snacks are:
• 1 frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop
(single-serving box), single-serving bag of snacks, single piece of
whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water,
22-oz. fountain soft drink, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea,
single-serving prepackaged milk or juice

Children ages 3-9 must order from a Children's Menu where available.

Below is the link to the Disney Dine Plan Online:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Dining.pdf

Dining reservation arrangements may be made up to 180 days in advance
for select restaurants and character dining experiences in our theme
parks and resort hotels, as well as our Dinner Shows. Be sure to plan
ahead! Guests may call the Walt Disney World Dining Department directly
at 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463) or reserve online at Disneyworld.com, by
clicking “Discover”, and then “Dining” in the far right hand column.

Additional information on the various dining locations throughout the
Walt Disney World Vacation Kingdom can be found on our web site:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/

Connie, we look forward to your visit to the Walt Disney World Resort in
May and hope that your time with us is magical.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Sincerely,

Melissa Acevedo
WDW Online Communications

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and
should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
I am planning a trip for May 2010 to WDW and was searching the dining
choices to start getting an idea of where I would like to book
reservations at the 180 day mark. I noticed that Yak & Yeti, Tutto
Italia, and Teppan Edo were not on the dining list...can you tell me if
they have been removed or do they still need to be added on a
revision?!? We had planned to try all three.
Thank you for any and all help regarding this matter.

mickeystoontown
11-02-2009, 02:04 PM
It sounds like your weekend was off to a good start. I am so very sorry to hear about your friend's son. I will definitely add the family to my prayer list.

Charlefours
11-02-2009, 04:34 PM
How devastating! I will add them to my prayers.

Not up in the home. I have 5 Disney albums on my living room table that I flip through all the time. A nice multi frame of our favortie memories might work though...hmmmm....thanks for the idea! I saw really cute multi frames at Target for about $30 that said "dreams", "family", stuff like that in the middle of the different frames. :idea:

No problem! If you do--love to see pictures!!:goodvibes

I just received this response from Disney...I believe the first paragraph should be of interest to you and all you dis meet friends...hope this helps out...
Dear Connie,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

Please be aware that Operating Participant dining locations at Disney's
Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Downtown Disney Area and Epcot are currently
not yet available as a part of the 2010 Disney Dining Plan.

Interesting. I hope that they add them as well. I saw on the Moms Panel, one of them mentioned the final list is not expected until December if not January because of contract negotiations.

longing2Batdisney
11-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Leanne,
this is in response to your email--Danny said he really hopes we are able to cross paths...he would love to meet the angel that helped Dayne and him out on this project!!!

and I just plain can't wait to meet ya'll :yay:
that would be so awesome to meet up with you and Joe AND Dana & Dale! and we need to see if Nicki and Wayne can plan that far out!! WOW!!
alas, it is a little of a year away(see the blue line in the siggie) so much can happen BUT it is fun to plan!!!
:wave2: Connie

ladybugmom
11-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Oh my!! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's son. I'll be praying for them. Can't wait to see the Halloween pictures!!

Lifelong_Dreamer
11-02-2009, 08:47 PM
What a terrible tragedy, such a freak accident, I feel so badly for his family. :sad1:

MaryAz
11-02-2009, 09:02 PM
So sorry for your friend's family's loss. So tragic :hug:

leamom2princesses
11-02-2009, 09:24 PM
What an adorable picture! Thanks Megan! :goodvibes

How was Halloween? Got pics?? Halloween went very well. Pics on the way after replies. :goodvibes

Yes!! We need Halloween pics!! Coming up! :thumbsup2

leamom2princesses
11-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Glad to hear ya'll had a full weekend!! fun fun fun

so sorry to hear about your friends son...such a sad and freak accident!! many prayers being sent...

P.S. to answer your PM question yes both were very nice and professional! Great. Tom and Mike are brothers if you didn't know. They are both really good at what they do. I just wanted to make sure the experience was positive for you all as you have been very patient.

Thanks for the prayers! :hug:

leamom2princesses
11-02-2009, 09:32 PM
It sounds like your weekend was off to a good start. I am so very sorry to hear about your friend's son. I will definitely add the family to my prayer list. It was a great weekend. It went by really fast. :confused3 Thank you for praying for our friends. :hug:

How devastating! I will add them to my prayers. Thank you so much. :hug:

No problem! If you do--love to see pictures!!:goodvibes I'll do it! :thumbsup2

Interesting. I hope that they add them as well. I saw on the Moms Panel, one of them mentioned the final list is not expected until December if not January because of contract negotiations. I'm being very patient. Our ADR date is Nov. 23 that's why I panicked a bit. I'm gonna take everyone's advice and just book and hope for the best.

Leanne,
this is in response to your email--Danny said he really hopes we are able to cross paths...he would love to meet the angel that helped Dayne and him out on this project!!!

and I just plain can't wait to meet ya'll :yay:
that would be so awesome to meet up with you and Joe AND Dana & Dale! and we need to see if Nicki and Wayne can plan that far out!! WOW!!
alas, it is a little of a year away(see the blue line in the siggie) so much can happen BUT it is fun to plan!!!
:wave2: Connie Connie, I really hope it works out and we can get down there for a weekend. We'd love to meet you and your family also. I'm so happy that Dayne is going again. Tell Danny thanks again for being patient.

Wouldn't be awesome to have a mini meet with all the beautiful Christmas decorations. :hug:

Oh my!! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's son. I'll be praying for them. Can't wait to see the Halloween pictures!! Thanks for the prayers Becky! Pics on the way...although I didn't take a lot...I was a BAD MOMMY!

What a terrible tragedy, such a freak accident, I feel so badly for his family. :sad1: It is so very odd. I feel very sorry for his toddler and his wife. I'm sure the days ahead are going to be very difficult.

So sorry for your friend's family's loss. So tragic :hug: Thanks Mary! :hug:

leamom2princesses
11-02-2009, 09:39 PM
So here is a sampling of the cupcakes Josie and I worked on until midnight Thursday night....you can tell I was a bit tired. Josie's major contribution was matching the eyes up. :goodvibes The cupcakes were a big hit and that's what really matters right?
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/halloween%202009/IMG_4084.jpg

Saturday I took the girls for haircuts while Joe helped his parents clean out and pack up their shop. He rushed home to make this with the girls...

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/halloween%202009/IMG_4094.jpg

It's a little blurry but this is what it looked like at night all lit up...
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/halloween%202009/IMG_4096.jpg

Here are pics of my princesses still dressed up but after a long night of trick or treating...the black blob in the pics is our new puppy Nellie. She's a schipperke and very sweet.. Hard to photograph though. :goodvibes

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/halloween%202009/IMG_4087.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/halloween%202009/IMG_4090.jpg

the neighbor boy with Josie and Nellie

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/halloween%202009/IMG_4093.jpg

Our friends hung out with us until about midnight. We ordered pizza and played Van Halen guitar hero. Everyone had a big time. :goodvibes

ladybugmom
11-02-2009, 11:39 PM
ADORABLE cupcakes!!! And the girls are so pretty in their Tinkerbell and Belle costumes!! How did your hubby do the Minnie on the pumpkin?! LOVE it!

wlwilliams9
11-03-2009, 12:12 AM
So sorry to hear about your friends son. What an unfortunate accident.:confused3

The Halloween cupcakes are adorable! The girls look beautiful in their costumes and the Minnie pumpkin in awesome!!

Nellie is ADORABLE!! Gotta love a puppy!!

mickeystoontown
11-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Your girls look so sweet in their Halloween costumes. We went to a Fall festival at our church for a couple of hours and then went to a local pizza parlor. Sounds like I should have come over to your house. You had more fun!

longing2Batdisney
11-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Great job! on the cupcakes and to Joe on the pumpkin...I keep seeing all this Disney JOL we may have to try that next year!! I haven't carved a pumpkin since Dayne was in cub scouts about 8 years ago!

The girls looks adorable!!! glad to hear ya'll had a great night!!

Charlefours
11-03-2009, 11:15 AM
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/halloween%202009/IMG_4084.jpg

Adorable!!

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/halloween%202009/IMG_4094.jpg

It's a little blurry but this is what it looked like at night all lit up...
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/halloween%202009/IMG_4096.jpg

Love the pumpkins!! We did not get a chance (again) to carve pumpkins. I am definitely planning on doing them next year!! I am getting so inspired by all the amazing Disney related pumpkins.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/halloween%202009/IMG_4087.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/halloween%202009/IMG_4090.jpg

You daughters are too cute!! :goodvibes

bouncycat
11-03-2009, 02:31 PM
OMG Loved those pictures!! The cupcakes look awesome!! The girls are just beautiful!!

leamom2princesses
11-03-2009, 05:13 PM
ADORABLE cupcakes!!! And the girls are so pretty in their Tinkerbell and Belle costumes!! How did your hubby do the Minnie on the pumpkin?! LOVE it! Thanks Becky! The disney family website had lots of free pumpkin stencils. The girls like the Minnie stencil best. You just use a toothpick to poke holes along the outline and then use a pumpkin carving tool (they are super cheap right now after Halloween) to cut out the parts that are to be removed. It's super easy. He did this in about 45 minutes start to finish.

leamom2princesses
11-03-2009, 05:14 PM
So sorry to hear about your friends son. What an unfortunate accident.:confused3

The Halloween cupcakes are adorable! The girls look beautiful in their costumes and the Minnie pumpkin in awesome!!

Nellie is ADORABLE!! Gotta love a puppy!! Thanks Wendy! I'm trying very hard not to fall in love with this dog...it's not working too well. :rotfl2:

leamom2princesses
11-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Your girls look so sweet in their Halloween costumes. We went to a Fall festival at our church for a couple of hours and then went to a local pizza parlor. Sounds like I should have come over to your house. You had more fun! Thanks Lisa! My DIS buddies are welcome at my place anytime. The more the merrier! :goodvibes

leamom2princesses
11-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Great job! on the cupcakes and to Joe on the pumpkin...I keep seeing all this Disney JOL we may have to try that next year!! I haven't carved a pumpkin since Dayne was in cub scouts about 8 years ago!

The girls looks adorable!!! glad to hear ya'll had a great night!!
:wave2: Thanks Connie! There are free stencils on the Disney Family website. If you think you might carve one next year, you should pick up one of the pumpkin carving kits in a clearance rack right now and put it up for next year. They making carving much easier. They're probably 50-75% off right now. :idea:

leamom2princesses
11-03-2009, 05:19 PM
You daughters are too cute!! :goodvibes Thank you so much! Your daughter was too cute in her Minnie costume also. She is going to have so much fun when you take her to BBB. :goodvibes

leamom2princesses
11-03-2009, 05:21 PM
OMG Loved those pictures!! The cupcakes look awesome!! The girls are just beautiful!! Thanks Christie! I have two cakes to make this week...might be MIA a little while Thursday and Friday night. I have a 40th b-day and a makeover girl's party cake to do. Both want tiered cakes...UGHHHHHH.

Lifelong_Dreamer
11-03-2009, 06:10 PM
The cupcakes turned out great and the girls are adorable in their costumes.

Brave teacher
11-03-2009, 09:58 PM
I am so not talented enough to make cupcakes like that! They were awesome!

The girls looked adorable in their costumes. It sounds like yall had a nice evening.

I also wanted to let you know that I have your friends in my prayers now.

ladybugmom
11-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks Becky! The disney family website had lots of free pumpkin stencils. The girls like the Minnie stencil best. You just use a toothpick to poke holes along the outline and then use a pumpkin carving tool (they are super cheap right now after Halloween) to cut out the parts that are to be removed. It's super easy. He did this in about 45 minutes start to finish.

Oh cool!! Thanks for letting me know!! :goodvibes

leamom2princesses
11-04-2009, 02:54 PM
The cupcakes turned out great and the girls are adorable in their costumes. Thanks Lessa! :goodvibes

I am so not talented enough to make cupcakes like that! They were awesome!

The girls looked adorable in their costumes. It sounds like yall had a nice evening.

I also wanted to let you know that I have your friends in my prayers now. We did have a really nice evening. Thanks for the kind words and prayers for our friends. :goodvibes

Oh cool!! Thanks for letting me know!! :goodvibes No prob! ;)

mickeystoontown
11-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks Lisa! My DIS buddies are welcome at my place anytime. The more the merrier! :goodvibes

And you as well....if you're ever in Louisiana (for some gosh awful reason :lmao:), stop on by.

leamom2princesses
11-04-2009, 05:28 PM
And you as well....if you're ever in Louisiana (for some gosh awful reason :lmao:), stop on by. I was thinking the very same thing about you being in Kentucky! :rotfl2:

leamom2princesses
11-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi readers! The girls are asking Santa for American Girl dolls this year. This is a first for us. I've been searching the web but really have no idea what I'm doing. Do any of my DIS peeps have some tips?????

longing2Batdisney
11-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Talk to Becky!!! Ally is really into AG! they just recently went to a show for them.

I get the catalogs all the time there are some really beautiful dolls...I'm just so happy that Gwendolyn was only into the books when she was young and we missed out on this one! :lmao:

Charlefours
11-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Thank you so much! Your daughter was too cute in her Minnie costume also. She is going to have so much fun when you take her to BBB. :goodvibes

Thank you! I thought Lilian looked pretty cute too. but then again, I am biased. ;) I am looking forward to BBB!!!!!

Thanks for mentioning where you got the template from for the pumpkins--I am looking forward to trying to do them next year. We have intended for the last few years to do them, but wait until the last minute and end up not having time.

Brave teacher
11-04-2009, 09:06 PM
And you as well....if you're ever in Louisiana (for some gosh awful reason :lmao:), stop on by.

Me too!!! Where in LA are you? I am in Houma.

longing2Batdisney
11-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Me too!!! Where in LA are you? I am in Houma.
Hi! Megan,
Lisa is from Monroe and I'm from Ponchatoula the dis world is getting smaller and smaller:wave:...

Brave teacher
11-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi! Megan,
Lisa is from Monroe and I'm from Ponchatoula the dis world is getting smaller and smaller:wave:...

Man! It certainly is a small world!

leamom2princesses
11-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Talk to Becky!!! Ally is really into AG! they just recently went to a show for them.

I get the catalogs all the time there are some really beautiful dolls...I'm just so happy that Gwendolyn was only into the books when she was young and we missed out on this one! :lmao: I was hoping that Becky would chime in but nothing yet. Hopefully she'll get on today and give me some tips. I think Mary has bought them before too.

Thank you! I thought Lilian looked pretty cute too. but then again, I am biased. ;) I am looking forward to BBB!!!!!

Thanks for mentioning where you got the template from for the pumpkins--I am looking forward to trying to do them next year. We have intended for the last few years to do them, but wait until the last minute and end up not having time. Thanks Stephanie (is that your name I think it is?)! Where are you from in Michigan by the way? I grew up in Monroe, went to college at GMI in Flint and worked in Plymouth for Ford. My best bud in college is from Holland and I've spent a lot of time there too. My girls get a huge kick out of pumpkin carving. It's become a family tradition. :goodvibes

racefanof88
11-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Hey Girl, sorry I have been MIA. I would have sworn I commented on the Halloween pictures. Those cupcakes look so cute and yummy and you know I think the girls are beautiful. We ended up staying home Halloween night and my niece came over with her baby.

It is so sad about your friend's son. How tragic. It really makes you stop and think about life and what is important. I tell my family how much I love them every day. Don't ask them if I'm nice every day though :lmao:.

ladybugmom
11-05-2009, 02:25 PM
I was hoping that Becky would chime in but nothing yet. Hopefully she'll get on today and give me some tips. I think Mary has bought them before too.

I'm here!! Sorry--I tried 2 times to login last night and it said the board was down for maintenance! Uggh!! I was having withdrawals!! What kinds of dolls are the girls looking at? Historicals, Just Like You, Bitty Baby, Bitty Twins? Do they have a catalog? Ally is getting Kit for Christmas--she's been wanting her ever since she saw the movie last year. We've also read her stories (which helps b/c she knows the story behind the doll). Claire got a Bitty Baby for her birthday and will be getting some accessories/furniture for her doll. Ally LOVES to dress like her dolls. Oh--and on the Disney Store website in the Disney Parks section--they sell the Disney Girl princess outfits that fit any 18 inch doll. I bought Ally a few for Christmas!! If you have any AG questions let me know! I'd be glad to help in any way I can!!

leamom2princesses
11-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Hey Girl, sorry I have been MIA. I would have sworn I commented on the Halloween pictures. Those cupcakes look so cute and yummy and you know I think the girls are beautiful. We ended up staying home Halloween night and my niece came over with her baby.

It is so sad about your friend's son. How tragic. It really makes you stop and think about life and what is important. I tell my family how much I love them every day. Don't ask them if I'm nice every day though :lmao:. Thanks Dana! :hug: Life is incredibly short-we say I love you a lot around here too after my sister passed away. Your neices baby is a doll in his little monkey suit. Too cute! :cutie:

I'm here!! Sorry--I tried 2 times to login last night and it said the board was down for maintenance! Uggh!! I was having withdrawals!! What kinds of dolls are the girls looking at? Historicals, Just Like You, Bitty Baby, Bitty Twins? Do they have a catalog? Ally is getting Kit for Christmas--she's been wanting her ever since she saw the movie last year. We've also read her stories (which helps b/c she knows the story behind the doll). Claire got a Bitty Baby for her birthday and will be getting some accessories/furniture for her doll. Ally LOVES to dress like her dolls. Oh--and on the Disney Store website in the Disney Parks section--they sell the Disney Girl princess outfits that fit any 18 inch doll. I bought Ally a few for Christmas!! If you have any AG questions let me know! I'd be glad to help in any way I can!! I'm thinking the Just like you dolls would work best for the first one. Is there any place to get discounts? The shipping for two dolls at AG is $23. :scared1: We did order the catalog and of course the girls want everything. I'd have to take on another job or two. :rotfl2: Joe's mom is going to buy them three outfits a piece. What do you think?

MaryAz
11-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Sorry I am behind, buried in boxes LOL
Avery got Samantha for her bday. SHe is now retired. She looks like Avery and I like the historical ones. I also just found a small Smantha and book at Costco. I am also ordering the ice skating outfit from the catalog for Christmas-the one she asked Santa for. She starts skating lessons on Sat :)

Charlefours
11-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks Stephanie (is that your name I think it is?)! Where are you from in Michigan by the way? I grew up in Monroe, went to college at GMI in Flint and worked in Plymouth for Ford. My best bud in college is from Holland and I've spent a lot of time there too. My girls get a huge kick out of pumpkin carving. It's become a family tradition. :goodvibes

Yup, Stephanie it is :) We are in Canton Township which you are most likely familiar with since we are right near Plymouth. We are familiar with Monroe too. My husband grew up here in Canton but I am from southern Indiana originally.

I'm thinking the Just like you dolls would work best for the first one. Is there any place to get discounts? The shipping for two dolls at AG is $23. :scared1: We did order the catalog and of course the girls want everything. I'd have to take on another job or two. :rotfl2: Joe's mom is going to buy them three outfits a piece. What do you think?

AG is a huge thing for Lilian's honorary grandmother to get her. She got her the Bitty Baby last Christmas and will be adding to the obsession by getting her clothes and accessories this Christmas. As she says, She is the AG Grammie and to leave that to her!! It was actually really cute because one day we got the catalog in the mail. Lilian sat down on the floor in the kitchen and started saying she wanted this and that. I said you need to tell Grammie the next time we see her (that following weekend). She made sure we packed the catalog and sat on Grammie's lap and showed her what she wanted. Grammie about died thinking it was so cute. :thumbsup2

If you are not afraid, you could look into Ebay for the furniture. I know Grammie has been collecting like new sets from there for Lilian for when she is older and gets her big 18 doll. Of course, at Disney we are doing the My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party and she will get the Disney version of AG there at the party. She will be so excited!! Grammie may have to give up the furniture sooner rather than later. :rotfl:

ladybugmom
11-05-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm thinking the Just like you dolls would work best for the first one. Is there any place to get discounts? The shipping for two dolls at AG is $23. :scared1: We did order the catalog and of course the girls want everything. I'd have to take on another job or two. :rotfl2: Joe's mom is going to buy them three outfits a piece. What do you think?

Ally got a JLY doll this summer when we went to the AG store in Dallas and she just LOVES her!! She even got her ears pierced!! Every once in awhile there will be a free shipping code--there was just one out that expired on Saturday. I will let you know if there are anymore before Christmas. QVC also sells AG doll sets where you can save a good amount but they just had the AG show about 2 weeks ago. Three outfits a piece sounds good. Target sells Our Generation dolls (definitely not AG quality) but they make some nice accessories/furniture that is much cheaper than AG (ex. bathtub, kitchen, luggage set, sleeping bags, etc.) Their outfits are ok but the shoes that come with them are awful. I found a store on Ebay (Ann Loren) where you can buy super cheap boutique style girl outfits (if you wait and bid you can get them very cheap)--and they sell the matching 18 inch doll clothes--soooo cute and inexpensive!!

leamom2princesses
11-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Sorry I am behind, buried in boxes LOL
Avery got Samantha for her bday. SHe is now retired. She looks like Avery and I like the historical ones. I also just found a small Smantha and book at Costco. I am also ordering the ice skating outfit from the catalog for Christmas-the one she asked Santa for. She starts skating lessons on Sat :)Congrats again on DVC! Wish I could talk Joe into it....maybe one of these days. :sad2: I've looked at the historical dolls also. I just don't think Josie will appreciate them just yet so I think I'm going with the JLY dolls.
Yup, Stephanie it is :) We are in Canton Township which you are most likely familiar with since we are right near Plymouth. We are familiar with Monroe too. My husband grew up here in Canton but I am from southern Indiana originally.

AG is a huge thing for Lilian's honorary grandmother to get her. She got her the Bitty Baby last Christmas and will be adding to the obsession by getting her clothes and accessories this Christmas. As she says, She is the AG Grammie and to leave that to her!! It was actually really cute because one day we got the catalog in the mail. Lilian sat down on the floor in the kitchen and started saying she wanted this and that. I said you need to tell Grammie the next time we see her (that following weekend). She made sure we packed the catalog and sat on Grammie's lap and showed her what she wanted. Grammie about died thinking it was so cute. :thumbsup2

If you are not afraid, you could look into Ebay for the furniture. I know Grammie has been collecting like new sets from there for Lilian for when she is older and gets her big 18 doll. Of course, at Disney we are doing the My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party and she will get the Disney version of AG there at the party. She will be so excited!! Grammie may have to give up the furniture sooner rather than later. :rotfl: Yep, I know Canton. :goodvibes The girls are really wanting AG for Christmas so I guess I will break down and get it for them. Originally Nana was buying the dolls but on Sunday (after two months of discussion) she changed her mind. We may need to check out the Tea Party if they really get into them. I bought Lindsey's doll a retired new girl scout outfit (since she's a scout) and I bought Josies' doll and outfit from ebay. I hope I'm not disappointed when they get here. Hopefully they will play with them longer than Christmas day. :lmao:

Ally got a JLY doll this summer when we went to the AG store in Dallas and she just LOVES her!! She even got her ears pierced!! Every once in awhile there will be a free shipping code--there was just one out that expired on Saturday. I will let you know if there are anymore before Christmas. QVC also sells AG doll sets where you can save a good amount but they just had the AG show about 2 weeks ago. Three outfits a piece sounds good. Target sells Our Generation dolls (definitely not AG quality) but they make some nice accessories/furniture that is much cheaper than AG (ex. bathtub, kitchen, luggage set, sleeping bags, etc.) Their outfits are ok but the shoes that come with them are awful. I found a store on Ebay (Ann Loren) where you can buy super cheap boutique style girl outfits (if you wait and bid you can get them very cheap)--and they sell the matching 18 inch doll clothes--soooo cute and inexpensive!!Thanks for the tips Becky. Up until Sunday Joe's Mom was buying the dolls. I wish she would have changed her mind a day earlier so I could have taken advantage of free shipping. Prolly getting Josie carmel hair blue eyes and Lindsey med brown, blue eyes, earrings and freckles. They want the silly Zhu Zhu pets also so I will be at Walmart at midnight tomorrow....oh the sacrifices. Have you started your Christmas shopping? I bought the girls some DVD's at Walmart.com. I preorderd G-Force, Night at the Museum, Star Trek, 4 Christmases, and Santa Buddies. (Two for Joe and three for the girls). They were only $10 each and free shipping. Can't beat that! :thumbsup2

leamom2princesses
11-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Sorry for being MIA...I have orders for two cakes this weekend. Delivered one tonight at a 40th bday party for a friend and have one due tomorrow at 9:30am makeover princess party. I'm still working on it...:scared1: It's going be a late night. I'll post some pics when things slow down. Have a great weekend!

Leanne

ladybugmom
11-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the tips Becky. Up until Sunday Joe's Mom was buying the dolls. I wish she would have changed her mind a day earlier so I could have taken advantage of free shipping. Prolly getting Josie carmel hair blue eyes and Lindsey med brown, blue eyes, earrings and freckles. They want the silly Zhu Zhu pets also so I will be at Walmart at midnight tomorrow....oh the sacrifices. Have you started your Christmas shopping? I bought the girls some DVD's at Walmart.com. I preorderd G-Force, Night at the Museum, Star Trek, 4 Christmases, and Santa Buddies. (Two for Joe and three for the girls). They were only $10 each and free shipping. Can't beat that! :thumbsup2

No problem!! Yes, I've heard that the Zhu Zhu pets are very popular this year. Ally has no idea what they are (thank goodness)!! I'm pretty much done shopping for the girls for Christmas. I mostly shopped online at American Girl And The Disney Store!! That's a GREAT deal on the DVD's!!! :goodvibes

leamom2princesses
11-06-2009, 11:20 PM
No problem!! Yes, I've heard that the Zhu Zhu pets are very popular this year. Ally has no idea what they are (thank goodness)!! I'm pretty much done shopping for the girls for Christmas. I mostly shopped online at American Girl And The Disney Store!! That's a GREAT deal on the DVD's!!! :goodvibesUnfortunately the girls are crazy about the idea of Zhu Zhu pets. I absolutely refuse to own the real thing (a hamster) so this is a very nice compromise. I will be in Columbus, OH on Black Friday so I probably won't get to shop as much as I normally do. I don't really have anything specific that I need but I enjoy the early morning rush. It is by far the best time to people watch. My Mom and Aunt have signed up to go. We'll see how that goes....I have a feeling I will be alone as 3:30am will be to early for them. :lmao: It will be okay though, the GPS can take me everywhere I need to go. :goodvibes

longing2Batdisney
11-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Sounds like you girls have a great handle on Christmas!
wish I did...:confused3 I know what I'm doing for the nieces and nephew
have an idea of Gwendolyn, Joe, and Dayne

NO CLUE ABOUT ASHTON!this is the first year he has noticed the commercials on televison and NEEDS everything...he giggles at the Zhu Zhu pets and the other animals they show...Gwendolyn said they are for girls...don't see what difference it would make at the age of three:confused3...I have been tossing the idea of the handheld Leapster
just don't know what Christmas will be for him yet?!? Danny and I always have problems agreeing what to buy...he is really into dinosaurs at this time (but, does not need more)
OH! well ya'll are lucky! to know which way to go for the girls!!
Havve a great weekend!!

leamom2princesses
11-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Sounds like you girls have a great handle on Christmas!
wish I did...:confused3 I know what I'm doing for the nieces and nephew
have an idea of Gwendolyn, Joe, and Dayne

NO CLUE ABOUT ASHTON!this is the first year he has noticed the commercials on televison and NEEDS everything...he giggles at the Zhu Zhu pets and the other animals they show...Gwendolyn said they are for girls...don't see what difference it would make at the age of three:confused3...I have been tossing the idea of the handheld Leapster
just don't know what Christmas will be for him yet?!? Danny and I always have problems agreeing what to buy...he is really into dinosaurs at this time (but, does not need more)
OH! well ya'll are lucky! to know which way to go for the girls!!
Havve a great weekend!! The girls know exactly what they want Santa to bring. They are good kids though, if they don't get what they ask for they never pout or act disappointed. There have been Christmases where they didn't get what they asked for just because we didn't feel they were old enough or we couldn't find what they were askingfor. The only two things they've asked for is the Zhu Zhu pets and the AG doll. I think it's a lot easier to buy for girls and there is a lot more out there. I don't really think Zhu Zhu is just for girls. I mean probably the pink hamster is for girls but I don't know why the brown ones would be considered girl only. :confused3

Just a thought....Does Ashton have a bike with training wheels yet? At Ashton's age both girls took off on 12 inch bikes. Josie was using Lindsey's old bike until my parents bought her a new bike for her birthday in Sept. The Power wheel Jeep was a big hit for the kids at Ashton's age too. He may already have those things but just trying to help. :goodvibes

leamom2princesses
11-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Getting ready to head off to deliver the last cake of the weekend. Just wanted to share what has kept me from the boards the last couple of nights.

This is the cake I made Thursday night for a friends 40th b-day. The little tombstone says "Here Lies Shane's Youth". He has a huge Alabama mug he packs with him everywhere so I put that in the gumpaste figures hands grasping for his youth. His wife told me to do whatever I wanted as long as I made fun and picked at him. Shane loved it. He thanked me for giving the figure more hair than he has. :lmao:

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/cakes/IMG_4103.jpg

This one is for a party for a little friend of Josie's. Poor little things birthday is in December but her Daddy and family have to move (so that Daddy has a job) and she won't know anyone at her new home in Kansas so her Mom is having the party a month early here in KY. Her mom just asked me to make it really girly. I hope she likes it.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/cakes/IMG_4107.jpg

Well that's what I've been doing until 3am the last two nights. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

longing2Batdisney
11-07-2009, 10:12 AM
GREAT JOB ON BOTH CAKES!!! I really like the passing of his youth too cute! and I love the giant cupcake look with the princess theme at the bottom!!!

Ashton has the F150 truck at my parents house and loves it! as for the bike that is what Danny will probably hint upon(always does--every year)...but he has a big wheel from last year (that he refuses to pedal) and his trike from the year before (again he does not want to pedal :confused3 )I was thinking when I went to bed last last year they had the baby dinosaurs that roar and move and one that was robotic might have to look into those...alog with the leapster...they also came out with a game that they stomp on the shapes on the mat for the telelvision (Dayne said to get him the bike version of this--but maybe for his bday)

Have a great weekend!!! again awesome job on the cakes!!!
:santa: :wave2:

Lifelong_Dreamer
11-07-2009, 11:46 AM
You are so talented! Amazing amazing cakes!

ladybugmom
11-07-2009, 04:33 PM
:lovestruc BEAUTIFUL cakes Leanne!! :lovestruc

racefanof88
11-07-2009, 05:36 PM
I love the cakes :thumbsup2. Your friend has good taste in football teams........:lmao:.

MaryAz
11-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Great cakes. I hope you have started charging for them... The girls are also getting Zhu Zhu pets. My Mil called me 2 months ago all excited cause she had scored 5 at Wal Mart-one for each grandkid. Sent my FIL back and got more so they each get 2. I have nephews so they are for boys too. Have you checked at the Hallmark Store for them. Got my friend a set and an extra one there on fri. Both things were very reasonable-no inflated Amazon prices.

ladybugmom
11-07-2009, 11:03 PM
I love the cakes :thumbsup2. Your friend has good taste in football teams........:lmao:.

Yes he does!! Roll tide roll!! :goodvibes

Charlefours
11-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Gorgeous cakes! I like the humor of the first one but the girlie cake is beautiful! That is very special that her mom is throwing her birthday party early so she can celebrate with her friends. What a great cake for a special day!!

Connie: Have you signed up for emails on Leap Frog's website yet? They send out deals with codes to get free shipping and/or an additional percentage off the bundles (I believe the bundles are online only). They are a great deal that way. :goodvibes We got one for Lilian for Christmas in hoping it will entertain her come our drive down to Disney.

Brave teacher
11-08-2009, 01:16 PM
My Word! Those cakes are absolutely amazing! You have some serious talent girl.

leamom2princesses
11-08-2009, 07:32 PM
GREAT JOB ON BOTH CAKES!!! I really like the passing of his youth too cute! and I love the giant cupcake look with the princess theme at the bottom!!!

Ashton has the F150 truck at my parents house and loves it! as for the bike that is what Danny will probably hint upon(always does--every year)...but he has a big wheel from last year (that he refuses to pedal) and his trike from the year before (again he does not want to pedal :confused3 )I was thinking when I went to bed last last year they had the baby dinosaurs that roar and move and one that was robotic might have to look into those...alog with the leapster...they also came out with a game that they stomp on the shapes on the mat for the telelvision (Dayne said to get him the bike version of this--but maybe for his bday)

Have a great weekend!!! again awesome job on the cakes!!!
:santa: :wave2: Thanks Connie!

I think it makes a big difference that Josie has Lindsey to watch. She wanted to ride because Lindsey could do it. She took right off after we showed her how to push on the pedals. Toys R Us has some really cool dinosaurs. Can't really help on the Leapster. I'm sure you'll come up with something great for Christmas morning. :goodvibes

leamom2princesses
11-08-2009, 07:35 PM
You are so talented! Amazing amazing cakes! Thanks Lessa! :goodvibes

:lovestruc BEAUTIFUL cakes Leanne!! :lovestruc Thanks Becky!! :goodvibes

I love the cakes :thumbsup2. Your friend has good taste in football teams........:lmao:. Thanks Dana! You are too funny!:goodvibes

Yes he does!! Roll tide roll!! :goodvibes I was wondering when you were going to comment on that. :lmao:

My Word! Those cakes are absolutely amazing! You have some serious talent girl. Thanks Megan! It's a fun hobby. :goodvibes

Gorgeous cakes! I like the humor of the first one but the girlie cake is beautiful! That is very special that her mom is throwing her birthday party early so she can celebrate with her friends. What a great cake for a special day!!

Connie: Have you signed up for emails on Leap Frog's website yet? They send out deals with codes to get free shipping and/or an additional percentage off the bundles (I believe the bundles are online only). They are a great deal that way. :goodvibes We got one for Lilian for Christmas in hoping it will entertain her come our drive down to Disney. Thanks Stephanie! She had a really nice party and loved the cake. She jumped up and down and squealed. It was so neat to see her so excited. :cloud9: Josie is really going to miss playing with her. :sad2:

leamom2princesses
11-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Great cakes. I hope you have started charging for them... The girls are also getting Zhu Zhu pets. My Mil called me 2 months ago all excited cause she had scored 5 at Wal Mart-one for each grandkid. Sent my FIL back and got more so they each get 2. I have nephews so they are for boys too. Have you checked at the Hallmark Store for them. Got my friend a set and an extra one there on fri. Both things were very reasonable-no inflated Amazon prices. Thanks Mary! Still only charging for materials...not good enough to charge more. So my girls aren't the only ones flipping for the hamsters. :rotfl: I went to Walmart at 11pm because the ad said they would have them on 11/8. At Midnight the manager brought out 4 hamsters and only one per customer. I got one though as I was first in line. This morning I went to TRU because they sent me an email that the first 50 families could get them this morning. Go over there (5th in line) and they didn't get their shipment. They did give us a numbered tag and we had to pay for the one hamster this morning. They are going to call when it comes in. I was able to get two fun houses and the carrier/blanket combos. People were running through the store for the accessories. It was insane.

I was sprinkled with pixie dust this morning by a really kind lady. She got in line for the store opening but wasn't in line for the Zhu Zhu pets. She heard me talking (with the two guys I stood in line with at Walmart last night..LOL) and got one for the girls for me. It was SOOOOOOO nice of her to do that. When they call her she is going to call me. She gave me the tag and receipt. I offered to buy her and her husband breakfast but she wouldn't hear of it. What a great lady!!!! :angel:

MaryAz
11-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Wow, that was nice of her. Kinda restores your faith in people ya know. Crazy all this for fake hamsters LOL

Brave teacher
11-08-2009, 10:20 PM
How cool of that family! You really have to appreciate that there are still some people out there who are genuinely happy to help others.

racefanof88
11-08-2009, 10:30 PM
That was so nice of her. We see and hear so much bad on the news and in the papers, we never get to hear about the good things people do. Dallas is wild about Bakugan so I haven't heard of Zhu Zhu Pets. I guess he doesn't want one or I wouldn't hear the end of it.

racefanof88
11-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Yes he does!! Roll tide roll!! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

ladybugmom
11-09-2009, 12:04 AM
How nice of that lady to do that for you!! The things we do for our kids, right?! :rotfl:

leamom2princesses
11-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Wow, that was nice of her. Kinda restores your faith in people ya know. Crazy all this for fake hamsters LOL It is nice after all the crazy headlines to know that there are still some genuinely nice people out there. It made my day for sure!

How cool of that family! You really have to appreciate that there are still some people out there who are genuinely happy to help others. It was awesome!

That was so nice of her. We see and hear so much bad on the news and in the papers, we never get to hear about the good things people do. Dallas is wild about Bakugan so I haven't heard of Zhu Zhu Pets. I guess he doesn't want one or I wouldn't hear the end of it. Being nice and doing good never makes the papers or the news. What a shame. Sometimes I wish the media would quit sensationalizing the bad things and troubled people. I think it gives sick/worried/troubled people ideas. Too funny about Dallas...I have no idea what Bakugan is...:lmao:.

How nice of that lady to do that for you!! The things we do for our kids, right?! :rotfl: She was a great lady! When it comes to my kids I'm a nut case...NO DOUBT! :rotfl2:

mickeystoontown
11-09-2009, 03:32 PM
My Word! Those cakes are absolutely amazing! You have some serious talent girl.

That's exactly what I was about to say uh type...you know what I mean.;)

I'm so glad that I don't have little girls to buy for anymore. Standing in line for fake hamsters. No thank you!

leamom2princesses
11-09-2009, 08:00 PM

I'm so glad that I don't have little girls to buy for anymore. Standing in line for fake hamsters. No thank you! Thanks Lisa! I'd much rather stand in line for fake hamsters than real ones. :rotfl:

longing2Batdisney
11-09-2009, 08:36 PM
That was a very nice lady! and a very Chrismtas thing to do!!
you are a wonderful mom...I just can't bring myself to do the line thing...

years back when Dayne wanted the Nintendo Ds --my sister actually got one for me for him; Best Buy would let you have two and they would open up at 4 am they did that for three weeks. My sister was living in GA at the time and mailed me the DS; because I was such a bad bad mom and would not go wait in line for one!

I do like to midnight shop during the Christmas holidays! and can not bring myself to do the Black Friday thing...did it once and made the mistake of bringing Danny with me :eek:

happy holiday shopping! :santa: and searching I can wait for those days again of must have toys!! (I know they are coming :eek: )
BTW: I'm with you on the fake hamsters

leamom2princesses
11-11-2009, 10:23 AM
That was a very nice lady! and a very Chrismtas thing to do!!
you are a wonderful mom...I just can't bring myself to do the line thing...

years back when Dayne wanted the Nintendo Ds --my sister actually got one for me for him; Best Buy would let you have two and they would open up at 4 am they did that for three weeks. My sister was living in GA at the time and mailed me the DS; because I was such a bad bad mom and would not go wait in line for one!

I do like to midnight shop during the Christmas holidays! and can not bring myself to do the Black Friday thing...did it once and made the mistake of bringing Danny with me :eek:

happy holiday shopping! :santa: and searching I can wait for those days again of must have toys!! (I know they are coming :eek: )
BTW: I'm with you on the fake hamsters Thank goodness the DS is a whole lot easier to find now. Both girls have them and they are a lifesaver when we travel anywhere. You were not a bad Mom for not waiting in line. Some people like it and others don't. That's all.

I enjoy the thrill of a bargain. I will be one of the crazy people out at 4am the Friday after Thanksgiving-even out of town. I'm looking at the leaked adscans every day to see where I'm going and when. Yes, I am crazy. :lmao: Bargain hunting makes my somewhat boring life more exciting. :rotfl2:

leamom2princesses
11-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA a bit. I've been booked up with cakes the last few days. All that is changing very quickly though. I'm starting work on my Master's degree on Monday. I"m taking two online classes starting Monday that will last through the first week of February. I'm not going to have time to do cakes, ISO consulting, plan our Disney vacation, Girl Scouts, college courses, be a mom, wife, and work full time at my regular job - so something has to go. For now it's cakes for other people. I'm going to back off on the consulting too. I have a major job next week that I intend to complete and then I have a company that asked me to come in, in December and January but I told them I couldn't do it. So I will be very busy the next couple of months but it will be worth it in the end. I promise not to neglect my PTR and my readers. :thumbsup2

On a side note, I need to come up with a really great way to present my parent's wedding/vow renewal package on Christmas Eve. I've been really wracking my brain. Do any of you have any ideas? I want it to be really breathtaking.

Thanks for the help!

Leanne

Charlefours
11-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Good luck with your masters! That is what I am working on now and I am hoping I will be accepted into my PhD program as well. Big gulp! :scared1: It definitely is worth it but I am not going to lie, it is hard sometimes to find the right balance. :)

What's your mom's favorite flowers? Or can you replicate her bouquet and his boutonniere from their wedding? Perhaps doing something with it could be really beautiful way of presenting the gift to them. :goodvibes Whatever you decide, I am sure they will just be amazed at the gift!

longing2Batdisney
11-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Congrats! on getting your master's!! :yay: boy you are one busy girl!

for your parents how about letting the kids stage a mock wedding; have the flower girls present them with their gift (will your brother be there with ya'll when you do this, does he have children?) maybe present them with clues leading up to a beautiful invitation to their ceremony...a cake, a bouquet of flowers, etc....

How fun!!!thinking and planning this wonderful gift!

wlwilliams9
11-11-2009, 03:30 PM

for your parents how about letting the kids stage a mock wedding; have the flower girls present them with their gift (will your brother be there with ya'll when you do this, does he have children?) maybe present them with clues leading up to a beautiful invitation to their ceremony...a cake, a bouquet of flowers, etc....

How fun!!!thinking and planning this wonderful gift!

That's a cute idea Connie!! That would be so special to have the grandkids involved!!

I was thinking you could put together a scrapbook/photo album with pictures of them as children, then boy meets girl pics, wedding photos, family photos and end it with a wedding invitation to their vow renewal.:love:

I'm sure anything you do will be special!

longing2Batdisney
11-11-2009, 05:17 PM
I like Wendy's idea too! with the photohistory...
oh! you can have a lot of fun with this!!

MaryAz
11-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Aesome on completing your Master's. I have always wanted to go back to get mine. Sorry for the cake break but glad you will still be around here. When do we get a sneak peak at the ADR list?

leamom2princesses
11-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Good luck with your masters! That is what I am working on now and I am hoping I will be accepted into my PhD program as well. Big gulp! :scared1: It definitely is worth it but I am not going to lie, it is hard sometimes to find the right balance. :)

What's your mom's favorite flowers? Or can you replicate her bouquet and his boutonniere from their wedding? Perhaps doing something with it could be really beautiful way of presenting the gift to them. :goodvibes Whatever you decide, I am sure they will just be amazed at the gift! Thanks Stephanie! I'm worried about balancing everything too. Mom really likes roses but she hates for us to buy them for her. They ran away to get married so she never had flowers the first time..hmmmm.

How fun!!!thinking and planning this wonderful gift! It's going to be tough to juggle everything but I will get it done. I like the mock wedding idea. My brother has a daughter also and she will be with us and him on Christmas Eve. I like the idea of incorporating their grandkids (their favorite people in the world). :goodvibes

That's a cute idea Connie!! That would be so special to have the grandkids involved!!

I was thinking you could put together a scrapbook/photo album with pictures of them as children, then boy meets girl pics, wedding photos, family photos and end it with a wedding invitation to their vow renewal.:love:

I'm sure anything you do will be special! Love this idea Wendy. Thank you so much! I will have to nose around and see what pics I can come up with.

I like Wendy's idea too! with the photohistory...
oh! you can have a lot of fun with this!! This can be really awesome and a lot of fun. That's why I'm tapping the brains of my DIS friends. :) I want to do something really special and unexpected.

leamom2princesses
11-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Aesome on completing your Master's. I have always wanted to go back to get mine. Sorry for the cake break but glad you will still be around here. When do we get a sneak peak at the ADR list? Still working on a few details on the ADR front. I can tell you that we are thinking the following:

Definitely:
Ohana
Teppan Edo
1900 Park Fare

Maybe:
Tony's
Tutto Italia
Yak and Yeti
Coral Reef
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Les Chefs de France

Possible Breakfasts:
Crystal Palace
Cape May Cafe
Tusker House

We're considering doing a breakfast or two OOP so that's why Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and Cape May are on the list. So what do you think?

On our beach day I'm going to surprise Joe and take him to Texas de Brazil. My brother is going to join us on this meal. Supposed to be the best!

racefanof88
11-11-2009, 08:16 PM
WOW, you are going to be busy. You're smart though so you will do great :thumbsup2.

For your mom and dad, if you have a camcorder you can make a video history of their life, along with the photo book, and at the end have your family and your brother's family taped and at the same time, everybody tell them about the renewal, say something like "Mom and Dad---------YOUR GOING TO DISNEY WORLD-----Your vow renewal ceremony is set for (date, place and time). But before playing the video, have Mickey grooms ears for your dad and the wedding veil ears for your mom wrapped and let them open them. After the video have a mini reception, with a small wedding cake, punch and finger foods.

Your ADRs look really good. I know we are going to eat at Grand Floridian Cafe, and most likely Kona and Le Cellier. Tony's is a big possibility too. I will be glad when our 180 days is here so we can make them.

Brave teacher
11-11-2009, 08:31 PM

I'm so glad that I don't have little girls to buy for anymore. Standing in line for fake hamsters. No thank you!

My DH and I say this ALL the time!

Thanks Lisa! I'd much rather stand in line for fake hamsters than real ones. :rotfl:

Good point as well!:thumbsup2

Congrats on getting your Master's. I have thought about it at times, but I am unsure of what I want to do in that situation yet.

As far as presenting the vow renewal...Maybe you can make a video slideshow of pictures from their wedding. At the end can be something to introduce them to the idea of a surprise.

leamom2princesses
11-11-2009, 08:52 PM
WOW, you are going to be busy. You're smart though so you will do great :thumbsup2.

For your mom and dad, if you have a camcorder you can make a video history of their life, along with the photo book, and at the end have your family and your brother's family taped and at the same time, everybody tell them about the renewal, say something like "Mom and Dad---------YOUR GOING TO DISNEY WORLD-----Your vow renewal ceremony is set for (date, place and time). But before playing the video, have Mickey grooms ears for your dad and the wedding veil ears for your mom wrapped and let them open them. After the video have a mini reception, with a small wedding cake, punch and finger foods.

Your ADRs look really good. I know we are going to eat at Grand Floridian Cafe, and most likely Kona and Le Cellier. Tony's is a big possibility too. I will be glad when our 180 days is here so we can make them.Another great idea Dana! I was looking at the wedding collection on disneystore.com today and saw the ears on there.

We only have 12 more days until we make ADR's. I need to get moving and make some final decisions.

leamom2princesses
11-11-2009, 08:56 PM
My DH and I say this ALL the time!

Good point as well!:thumbsup2

Congrats on getting your Master's. I have thought about it at times, but I am unsure of what I want to do in that situation yet.

As far as presenting the vow renewal...Maybe you can make a video slideshow of pictures from their wedding. At the end can be something to introduce them to the idea of a surprise. Thanks Megan! Mom and Dad ran away from Ohio to Michigan (Dad was on a leave from service in Vietnam) and they got married at a courthouse in Monroe, MI. I've never seen a wedding picture. I don't think there was one. That's why this is going to be sooooo special to them-especially Mom.
A slideshow of them would be awesome though. Maybe the last one says something about their Disney wedding. You guys have great ideas!!!

Brave teacher
11-11-2009, 08:56 PM
The ADRs look good! Some of those arre on my list for future visits - Tony's, Tutto, Coral Reef.

Brave teacher
11-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Another great idea Dana! I was looking at the wedding collection on disneystore.com today and saw the ears on there.

We only have 12 more days until we make ADR's. I need to get moving and make some final decisions.

Looking forward to these next 12 days flying by. Of course, it also means I am on Thanksgiving holidays.;)

leamom2princesses
11-11-2009, 10:36 PM
The ADRs look good! Some of those arre on my list for future visits - Tony's, Tutto, Coral Reef. It's so hard to make the final choices. Too many good places left to try. I'm on the fence about Coral Reef (not a big seafood fan) but Joe would love it. I will probably end up making the sacrifice though.

Looking forward to these next 12 days flying by. Of course, it also means I am on Thanksgiving holidays.;)
Do you get out on the Tuesday before? School is out Wed-Fri here. Lucky lucky. I have to work on Weds. and so does Joe.

Brave teacher
11-11-2009, 10:40 PM
It's so hard to make the final choices. Too many good places left to try. I'm on the fence about Coral Reef (not a big seafood fan) but Joe would love it. I will probably end up making the sacrifice though.

Do you get out on the Tuesday before? School is out Wed-Fri here. Lucky lucky. I have to work on Weds. and so does Joe.

We actually get the whole week off over here. My last day before the holidays is next Friday.

leamom2princesses
11-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Speaking of Thanksgiving, what are you doing to celebrate?

We are going to be really busy that weekend. Joe has to work from Noon to 12:30 am and then we are leaving at 4:30am on Thursday morning to make it to Columbus, OH for Thanksgiving dinner at noon. Needless to say, I will be doing the driving while he sleeps. We will then come home on Friday (after I do some shopping of course :lmao:) so that we can have dinner at noon on Saturday with Joe's family. I will then crack the whip and get Joe to put up our outdoor decorations while I put up the tree and decorate the inside on Sunday. We look like the Griswalds around here..:rotfl2: I love the holidays! :santa:

leamom2princesses
11-11-2009, 10:43 PM
We actually get the whole week off over here. My last day before the holidays is next Friday. Okay that's just not nice....I'm so jealous! :laughing:

MaryAz
11-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Still working on a few details on the ADR front. I can tell you that we are thinking the following:

Definitely:
Ohana
Teppan Edo
1900 Park Fare

Maybe:
Tony's
Tutto Italia
Yak and Yeti
Coral Reef
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Les Chefs de France

Possible Breakfasts:
Crystal Palace
Cape May Cafe
Tusker House

We're considering doing a breakfast or two OOP so that's why Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and Cape May are on the list. So what do you think?

On our beach day I'm going to surprise Joe and take him to Texas de Brazil. My brother is going to join us on this meal. Supposed to be the best!

We are still not sure how we are going to do the trip. I am going to make ressies like we are doing the dining plan. Going to send you a pm about a dinner idea.

leamom2princesses
11-12-2009, 10:07 AM
We are still not sure how we are going to do the trip. I am going to make ressies like we are doing the dining plan. Going to send you a pm about a dinner idea. Got your PM and responded. What a great idea! :yay::woohoo:

mickeystoontown
11-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I am loving all the ideas that you've been given. I was about to suggest a photoalbum too ending with blank pages to put their "new" wedding pictures.

I love reading all the Disney restaurant menus and deciding where to eat. The hubby, on the other hand, hates helping me make the decision. I always print out a bunch of menus and hand them to him. He just says, you know what I like to eat, just make the reservations. No help at all!

leamom2princesses
11-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I am loving all the ideas that you've been given. I was about to suggest a photoalbum too ending with blank pages to put their "new" wedding pictures.

I love reading all the Disney restaurant menus and deciding where to eat. The hubby, on the other hand, hates helping me make the decision. I always print out a bunch of menus and hand them to him. He just says, you know what I like to eat, just make the reservations. No help at all! All of the ideas are so awesome that I'm trying to find a way to take a piece of each and create something really unique and fun.

My hubby only tells me what he DOES NOT want to eat and do so the rest is left up to me. He gets a little more interested each year we go though.

OT: He surprised me this morning. He downloaded some Disney Apps to his I-Phone last night. There's trivia, games, and cool craft stuff. :love: It looks really cool.

leamom2princesses
11-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Hi readers! What a busy weekend we have a ahead. Tonight we're going to see A Christmas Carol and tomorrow morning we're taking the girls to spend the night with my folks. From there Joe and I are heading to Tennessee to search out some new clothes for Joe. Should be fun hanging out with just the two of us. On Sunday we are going to see the Titans play the Bills in Nashville. Sometime through all this I have to start working on float ideas for the Christmas Parade that my brownie/junior troop is entering this year. The Theme is "The Gift of Christmas". I'm searching the internet looking for ideas. I'm pasting them into a word document to share with the girls on Tuesday. They will pick what they want to do. If you have some ideas, feel free to pass them along.

Let's get this weekend started off right with an old pic from the past....this is a pic of Josie with her first Mickey bar....she looks really serious about it. :lmao:

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/leamom2princesses/old%20trips/IMG_0222.jpg

longing2Batdisney
11-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Have a great weekend! sounds like a full & fun one!!
cute picture!

ladybugmom
11-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Hi Leanne!! Checking in since I haven't been online the past few days!! I was wondering what days you were thinking of for your ADR choices? I think I'm pretty set on what you saw on my post on FB. Can't wait for them to be booked!!

Congrats on your Masters!! I did mine before Ally was born (Masters in Education). It was an accelerated program and I completed it in 18 months. We had classes all day on Saturday throughout the school year and then several times a week during summer break. It was insane but I'm glad I did it!! I'm sure you'll be quite successful in your program!! :goodvibes Did you say what your getting your Masters in? Sorry if I missed it!!

Have fun in Nashville this weekend!! And go Titans!! :cheer2:

leamom2princesses
11-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Have a great weekend! sounds like a full & fun one!!
cute picture! Thanks Connie! We had a wonderful weekend. Hope you did too! :goodvibes

Hi Leanne!! Checking in since I haven't been online the past few days!! I was wondering what days you were thinking of for your ADR choices? I think I'm pretty set on what you saw on my post on FB. Can't wait for them to be booked!!

Congrats on your Masters!! I did mine before Ally was born (Masters in Education). It was an accelerated program and I completed it in 18 months. We had classes all day on Saturday throughout the school year and then several times a week during summer break. It was insane but I'm glad I did it!! I'm sure you'll be quite successful in your program!! :goodvibes Did you say what your getting your Masters in? Sorry if I missed it!!

Have fun in Nashville this weekend!! And go Titans!! :cheer2: Hi Becky! I haven't locked in on my days yet. I do think we're doing Ohana on Tuesday. I need to spend a little more time on checking EMH and touring plans. :surfweb: Only 7 days to go before we make our ADR's!

I will be working on a Masters of Science in Technology Management (cross between an MBA and MSE). If I take two classes every semester I should be done by June 2011. Hopefully I can handle the work load and get it done that quickly.

We had a great time at the Titans game. They won 41-17! :cheer2::cheer2:

bouncycat
11-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Hope you had a great weekend....even if it was to go see the dang Titans...sorry, Jags fan here, you know the bad blood between Jax and the Titans!!! LOL Ah well, it's all in good fun, right? I do hope you had fun, Chris was at the dolphins game doing the pre-game military appreciation stuff...I was jealous!! AH how I love football!!! ANyways....I think I missed the idears part...have to go back and get caught up!! I'm so lost, Chris was home up until this morning, and I never get on the computer when he's home...so sorry I neglected my online friends!! LOL I didn't mean to!

Brave teacher
11-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Love the Mickey bar picture. She certainly looks like it needs to be taken seriously.

I'm glad to hear you had a great time at the game, plus a win. Sorry, we are LSU and Saints fans here.

How was shopping?

ladybugmom
11-16-2009, 12:54 AM
Hi Becky! I haven't locked in on my days yet. I do think we're doing Ohana on Tuesday. I need to spend a little more time on checking EMH and touring plans. :surfweb: Only 7 days to go before we make our ADR's!

I will be working on a Masters of Science in Technology Management (cross between an MBA and MSE). If I take two classes every semester I should be done by June 2011. Hopefully I can handle the work load and get it done that quickly.

We had a great time at the Titans game. They won 41-17! :cheer2::cheer2:

Glad you had such a great weekend!! Go Titans!!! :cheer2:

So do you go to the parks that have EMH or do you steer clear of them? Which touring plans site do you use? Just curious. I'm pretty much going by what our TA suggested. :goodvibes

englishrose47
11-16-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm in and wishing for a rain free trip for you this year. :thumbsup2

Me too!!! This May was WET!!!!

racefanof88
11-16-2009, 11:11 PM
I hope your week is going well. I work the next two days so I may not get on much. I have been very busy decorating and cleaning, but it is fun. After Christmas we had Dale's birthday, then my birthday and then Amanda and Tylers birthdays so I am hoping the next 6 months go by really fast.

leamom2princesses
11-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Hope you had a great weekend....even if it was to go see the dang Titans...sorry, Jags fan here, you know the bad blood between Jax and the Titans!!! LOL Ah well, it's all in good fun, right? I do hope you had fun, Chris was at the dolphins game doing the pre-game military appreciation stuff...I was jealous!! AH how I love football!!! ANyways....I think I missed the idears part...have to go back and get caught up!! I'm so lost, Chris was home up until this morning, and I never get on the computer when he's home...so sorry I neglected my online friends!! LOL I didn't mean to! They had a lot of Military Appreciation activities at the Titans game. It was really cool. I understand not being on as much when the hubby is around. No problem. Glad you back Christie! :woohoo:

Love the Mickey bar picture. She certainly looks like it needs to be taken seriously.

I'm glad to hear you had a great time at the game, plus a win. Sorry, we are LSU and Saints fans here.

How was shopping? Shopping was fun. We are pretty much done with the girls if you can believe that. I will be going out on BF but it will be for fun only. No pressure this year! Yippee! I have to pick up a few things for the ladies at Josie's daycare but that's pretty much it. Oh yeah, gotta get Joe ANOTHER wedding band. #1 had to be cut off because his hand got smashed, #2 didn't fit after he got his finger crushed at work, and he let Josie play with #3 for about 5 minutes and POOOOOF it was gone. For Christmas he asked for another wedding band. I can do that....it will be a cheap one though given his track record...:lmao: Have you started your Christmas shopping?

Glad you had such a great weekend!! Go Titans!!! :cheer2:

So do you go to the parks that have EMH or do you steer clear of them? Which touring plans site do you use? Just curious. I'm pretty much going by what our TA suggested. :goodvibesThanks Becky! I usually steer clear of morning EMH and try to schedule a different park than that one each day. We do like the evening EMH though and we will try to go to that park later in the evening. I use touringplans.com when I'm picking park days. I've used it that last three years and we haven't had any issues.
Me too!!! This May was WET!!!! Thanks Rosie! :thumbsup2

I hope your week is going well. I work the next two days so I may not get on much. I have been very busy decorating and cleaning, but it is fun. After Christmas we had Dale's birthday, then my birthday and then Amanda and Tylers birthdays so I am hoping the next 6 months go by really fast. Hi Dana! I started my classes tonight....I have 4 chapters to read, a quiz, two forum posts 3-6 paragraphs, 2 responses to other forum posts, and a 5 page paper due by Sunday. Right now I'm wondering if I can do this or not. Decorating for Christmas is a bunch of fun. It's one of my favorite things to do. I hope the next few months sail by too. We have less than a week to make ADR's!! :dance3:

racefanof88
11-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi Dana! I started my classes tonight....I have 4 chapters to read, a quiz, two forum posts 3-6 paragraphs, 2 responses to other forum posts, and a 5 page paper due by Sunday. Right now I'm wondering if I can do this or not. Decorating for Christmas is a bunch of fun. It's one of my favorite things to do. I hope the next few months sail by too. We have less than a week to make ADR's!! :dance3:

You are busy :eek:. At work last week we were discussing returning to school, but the thought of adding more to my plate and I just don't think I can do it. If it were just reading and taking tests I would be fine, but I HATE writing papers. I have been having a good time decorating, it isn't nearly as much fun taking it all down. I can't wait to make ADRs. I love the online system. I hope you have a good week and try to get some Leanne time.

longing2Batdisney
11-17-2009, 06:25 PM
OK! I was talking to Danny about me going to get my LPN when Ashton starts Kindergarten (18 mo course) and now you scared me! At 43 why would I want to do that!to my brain :eek: maybe I'll just sub at the school for the rest of my life :laughing:

Good luck! I know you can do it!!! just need to do your homework and have the girls do their's at the same time(I found the cutest workbooks for Ashton and chloe at the Dollar General--bet Josie would love them-Disney themes abc, numbers,colors,sight words,etc) and again when they are taking a bath, and when they are sleeping...

:wave2:Connie

leamom2princesses
11-17-2009, 09:11 PM
You are busy :eek:. At work last week we were discussing returning to school, but the thought of adding more to my plate and I just don't think I can do it. If it were just reading and taking tests I would be fine, but I HATE writing papers. I have been having a good time decorating, it isn't nearly as much fun taking it all down. I can't wait to make ADRs. I love the online system. I hope you have a good week and try to get some Leanne time. I can't wait to start decorating! Tonight my troop decided on the theme for the parade float. There's one thing off the list to worry about. :cool1: I will be sure to post pics when we do the parade.

I found someone I know in one of my classes. I called her up and her first impression was the same as mine (she's in the tough class). I feel much better about it now. At first I thought maybe I was just out of the swing but she confirmed that this work load is a lot for the first week. I'll get through it. My major complaint is that the prof, has horrible English skills and I have a hard time understanding what he is trying to communicate sometimes. All of the questions to answer are written in run-on sentences.

As for going back to school, you and I both know that you can do anything you put your mind to! You are a really smart lady. Don't sell yourself short. :goodvibes

leamom2princesses
11-17-2009, 09:15 PM
OK! I was talking to Danny about me going to get my LPN when Ashton starts Kindergarten (18 mo course) and now you scared me! At 43 why would I want to do that!to my brain :eek: maybe I'll just sub at the school for the rest of my life :laughing:

Good luck! I know you can do it!!! just need to do your homework and have the girls do their's at the same time(I found the cutest workbooks for Ashton and chloe at the Dollar General--bet Josie would love them-Disney themes abc, numbers,colors,sight words,etc) and again when they are taking a bath, and when they are sleeping...

:wave2:Connie I'm sorry Connie! I didn't mean to scare you. I just couldn't believe the workload for the one class. The other one is average. Same goes for you, if you want it go for it girl! You are a smart cookie too! No pain no gain right? :confused3

I need to go to Dollar General and see what they have. Josie loves counting, saying her abc's etc. Disney theming would be great. Hey did you see that leapfrog.com was running some specials on Leapsters? You can also use WENDYLF9 and save $5 on any system or game. I think they're running 20% off on the website though. Pretty good deals to be had! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the encouragement! :hug: Have a good night!

longing2Batdisney
11-17-2009, 09:39 PM
I was just kidding...but, really I think my brain is too old to start over...I had planned to go to SELU with Gwendolyn when I found out I was PG :eek: and face it why start a career now! :lmao: once the older two are out of the house (very soon now--the house will be paid for in another 10 yrs--who needs to work! :rotfl2: sshh! don't tell Danny I said that out loud! )

we went to Wendy's today and I just happened to buy a kids meal today (we usually buy a baked potato)...

thanks! for the leap frog info...just showed Danny the leapster2 and the bike version this past Sunday and he seen a commercial today about it...:idea:

englishrose47
11-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Evening All !!!!

leamom2princesses
11-17-2009, 09:51 PM
I was just kidding...but, really I think my brain is too old to start over...I had planned to go to SELU with Gwendolyn when I found out I was PG :eek: and face it why start a career now! :lmao: once the older two are out of the house (very soon now--the house will be paid for in another 10 yrs--who needs to work! :rotfl2: sshh! don't tell Danny I said that out loud! )

we went to Wendy's today and I just happened to buy a kids meal today (we usually buy a baked potato)...

thanks! for the leap frog info...just showed Danny the leapster2 and the bike version this past Sunday and he seen a commercial today about it...:idea:

:wave2: I won't tell Danny your super top secret plan! :lmao: I have at least another 20-30 years to go so I figure I might as well build my resume a little. We have about 10 years left on our house too but I don't think we will make it that long. We're itching to move to a bigger place.

I saw the Leapster stuff and thought of you. I made the girls give me their little coupons and I put them in my purse to send out to you. I realized when I got home that I just needed the code. :rolleyes1

leamom2princesses
11-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Evening All !!!!

Good Evening Rosie! How are you?

longing2Batdisney
11-17-2009, 10:02 PM
I won't tell Danny your super top secret plan! :lmao: I have at least another 20-30 years to go so I figure I might as well build my resume a little. We have about 10 years left on our house too but I don't think we will make it that long. We're itching to move to a bigger place.

WE NEEDED A BIGGER HOUSE THREE YEARS AGO! Gwendolyn and Joe made it worse when they moved in back in June but hopefully by June it gets much better...

I told Danny we needed to sell in May when Dayne's graduates...the money we would get for out house; we could build a little bigger or more property for cash! and be finished with the mortgage now!
we really could have done that right after Katrinia but now there are alot of new homes in the area;so, we may end up with half of the mortgage we have now if we built again!--but, he does not want to go anywhere:confused:

I saw the Leapster stuff and thought of you. I made the girls give me their little coupons and I put them in my purse to send out to you. I realized when I got home that I just needed the code. :rolleyes1
Thanks! I saved the code today when I opened their toys today (it was a special day they got toys with their food--Ashton does not get that too often--he rarely eats the food:rotfl2:

racefanof88
11-17-2009, 10:31 PM
I can't wait to start decorating! Tonight my troop decided on the theme for the parade float. There's one thing off the list to worry about. :cool1: I will be sure to post pics when we do the parade.

I found someone I know in one of my classes. I called her up and her first impression was the same as mine (she's in the tough class). I feel much better about it now. At first I thought maybe I was just out of the swing but she confirmed that this work load is a lot for the first week. I'll get through it. My major complaint is that the prof, has horrible English skills and I have a hard time understanding what he is trying to communicate sometimes. All of the questions to answer are written in run-on sentences.

As for going back to school, you and I both know that you can do anything you put your mind to! You are a really smart lady. Don't sell yourself short. :goodvibes

I love it when things can be marked off a list. It just seems like seeing progress being made, that maybe there is an end to everything I have to do after all :banana:.

When I was in college, I had several people in my classes that I knew. It made it better at first, but in nursing school you usually stay with the same group of people for all of your classes, so by the time we graduated we all wanted to kill each other :lmao:. My prof in microbiology was from India, Mrs. Sharma, and it was almost impossible to understand her and in my algebra II class the prof was from Africa, again I caught about 1/2 of what he was saying......:confused3.

That is very nice of you Leanne, but I just don't know if my tired ole body could deal with 12 hour work days and classes at night. If I went back to college I would want to change professions all together. Nursing is hard on the mind, body and soul.

longing2Batdisney
11-17-2009, 10:45 PM
I can't wait to start decorating! Tonight my troop decided on the theme for the parade float. There's one thing off the list to worry about. :cool1: I will be sure to post pics when we do the parade.

Can't wait!! sounds fun...I remember doing stuff like that with Dayne (but boy stuff--yes I was the troop leader not Danny)

My major complaint is that the prof, has horrible English skills and I have a hard time understanding what he is trying to communicate sometimes. All of the questions to answer are written in run-on sentences.
All the classes Gwendolyn has stuggled with she has had the same complaint; about the professor...so, it must be universal!

I agree,Dana, continuing is moving ahead!!!...its when you're like me and just kept putting off starting from the start...I'm one of those people that will be graduating at 65 and the national media is covering it cause I finally fulfilled my dreams!:cutie:

MaryAz
11-18-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm back from my moving hiatus. Just a quick note to say hi!

leamom2princesses
11-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks! I saved the code today when I opened their toys today (it was a special day they got toys with their food--Ashton does not get that too often--he rarely eats the food:rotfl2: Josie rarely eats hers either but if big sis gets one and she doesn't....well I don't want to go there. NOT Pleasant at all. It's worth $3 not to listen to it. :lmao:

I love it when things can be marked off a list. It just seems like seeing progress being made, that maybe there is an end to everything I have to do after all :banana:.

When I was in college, I had several people in my classes that I knew. It made it better at first, but in nursing school you usually stay with the same group of people for all of your classes, so by the time we graduated we all wanted to kill each other :lmao:. My prof in microbiology was from India, Mrs. Sharma, and it was almost impossible to understand her and in my algebra II class the prof was from Africa, again I caught about 1/2 of what he was saying......:confused3.

That is very nice of you Leanne, but I just don't know if my tired ole body could deal with 12 hour work days and classes at night. If I went back to college I would want to change professions all together. Nursing is hard on the mind, body and soul. There are so many great online/distance learning programs out there now that make things significantly easier to continue your education. University of Alabama has a ton of programs. :goodvibes You could take one course at a time. Just a thought...if it's something your're really interested in. :goodvibes

I agree,Dana, continuing is moving ahead!!!...its when you're like me and just kept putting off starting from the start...I'm one of those people that will be graduating at 65 and the national media is covering it cause I finally fulfilled my dreams!:cutie::lmao: you are too funny. Like I just wrote to Dana...you can pace yourself now much easier than you could in the past...plus you don't have to be surrounded by 18 year olds with no clue about the real world anymore....AHH the internet....what great things it has brought to my life. :goodvibes (That includes the DIS and my DIS buddies) :)

I'm back from my moving hiatus. Just a quick note to say hi! Hi Mary! I've missed you girl! :hug:

leamom2princesses
11-19-2009, 11:07 AM
As our ADR's are approaching very quickly, :scared1: I've been doing a lot of thinking about the upcoming trip....I think, we May 2010 folks need to schedule another meet like we had last year. It was a lot of fun to assemble together as a large group and put faces to names. It was also neat to see everyone walking by look at us like we were crazy. :lmao: What do think?

mickeystoontown
11-19-2009, 11:43 AM
As our ADR's are approaching very quickly, :scared1: I've been doing a lot of thinking about the upcoming trip....I think, we May 2010 folks need to schedule another meet like we had last year. It was a lot of fun to assemble together as a large group and put faces to names. It was also neat to see everyone walking by look at us like we were crazy. :lmao: What do think?

I realized yesterday that we'll be out of town when I hit my 180 ADR mark. Lordy mercy!

I'd love to do a meet but we don't arrive until May 27th.

MaryAz
11-19-2009, 07:10 PM

We totally should! Would be awesome! Lets figure out a day that works for everyone!

MaryAz
11-19-2009, 07:11 PM
I realized yesterday that we'll be out of town when I hit my 180 ADR mark. Lordy mercy!

I'd love to do a meet but we don't arrive until May 27th.

Most of us are still there then so hopefully we can meet!

englishrose47
11-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Good Evening Rosie! How are you?

I'm fine thank you ! Tired , busy, but fine !!!:worship::thumbsup2:cool1:

ladybugmom
11-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Just checking in to say "hi"!!! ADRs on Monday!!! Whoo hoo!!!! :dance3:

leamom2princesses
11-20-2009, 02:33 PM

I'd love to do a meet but we don't arrive until May 27th.What are your plans for the 28th and 29th?

We totally should! Would be awesome! Lets figure out a day that works for everyone! I agree! :thumbsup2

Most of us are still there then so hopefully we can meet!Yep....worst case we can do two meets!

I'm fine thank you ! Tired , busy, but fine !!!:worship::thumbsup2:cool1: Try to get some rest Rosie! Have a great weekend. :goodvibes

Just checking in to say "hi"!!! ADRs on Monday!!! Whoo hoo!!!! :dance3: Hi Becky! I know I have so much to figure out between now and Monday morning! Have you finalized your plans? Feel free to share. :goodvibes

MaryAz
11-20-2009, 06:32 PM
The more meets the better I say! Are you going to post ur final ADR list on here??? I need help.

racefanof88
11-20-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm all for a meet. I loved the meet in May and would really like to do one again. We are going to be there May 24th thru 30th. The 27th, 28th or 29th would be fine with me. I have 6 days before I can make my ADRs. Dallas wants to eat at Chef Mickey's,and Kona and I want Grand Floridian Cafe. He said he wanted to try 'Ohanas for dinner.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b130/racefanof88/DISBOARD%20STUFF/Christmas-Minnie-Mickey-Claus.jpgTHANKS CONNIE

MaryAz
11-21-2009, 08:32 PM
You around tonight??

ladybugmom
11-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi Becky! I know I have so much to figure out between now and Monday morning! Have you finalized your plans? Feel free to share. :goodvibes

This is what I have:

*Sunday, May 23: Hollywood Studios (Fantasmic dinner package at Mama Melrose)
*Monday, May 24: Magic Kingdom (BBB appt. for Ally & 1900 Park Fare dinner)
*Tuesday, May 25: Animal Kingdom (O'hana dinner)
*Wednesday, May 26: Epcot (Akershus breakfast)
*Thursday, May 27: Magic Kingdom (Crystal Palace dinner)
*Friday, May 28: Epcot (Le Cellier dinner)
*Saturday, May 29: Magic Kingdom (O'hana breakfast)

MaryAz
11-21-2009, 10:28 PM
This is what I have:

*Sunday, May 23: Hollywood Studios (Fantasmic dinner package at Mama Melrose)
*Monday, May 24: Magic Kingdom (BBB appt. for Ally & 1900 Park Fare dinner)
*Tuesday, May 25: Animal Kingdom (O'hana dinner)
*Wednesday, May 26: Epcot (Akershus breakfast)
*Thursday, May 27: Magic Kingdom (Crystal Palace dinner)
*Friday, May 28: Epcot (Le Cellier dinner)
*Saturday, May 29: Magic Kingdom (O'hana breakfast)

I'm hijacking. Becky, Leanne and I will be at BBB on Mon hopefully too. An O'Hana for dinner on tues!!

ladybugmom
11-21-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm hijacking. Becky, Leanne and I will be at BBB on Mon hopefully too. An O'Hana for dinner on tues!!

YAY!!! Glad we're overlapping on our choices!!! :goodvibes What times are you looking at for the BBB and O'hana?

leamom2princesses
11-21-2009, 10:47 PM
The more meets the better I say! Are you going to post ur final ADR list on here??? I need help. yay!!! I am in just a minute....I think this is the final plan.

I'm all for a meet. I loved the meet in May and would really like to do one again. We are going to be there May 24th thru 30th. The 27th, 28th or 29th would be fine with me. I have 6 days before I can make my ADRs. Dallas wants to eat at Chef Mickey's,and Kona and I want Grand Floridian Cafe. He said he wanted to try 'Ohanas for dinner.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b130/racefanof88/DISBOARD%20STUFF/Christmas-Minnie-Mickey-Claus.jpgTHANKS CONNIE

We love Ohana for dinner. I looked at the menu for the GF Cafe. It does look good. You should give Ohana dinner a try...might want to consider Tuesday night the 25th... :rolleyes1

leamom2princesses
11-21-2009, 10:48 PM
You around tonight?? Yes Ma'am I am!