PDA

View Full Version : Arrived today for 14 days - any questions?

popsynic
10-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Well here we are.

We arrived at 2:30pm in Orlando from Manchester - and basically had no more time other than to get hire car, find and check into resort, little swim in pool, groceries at publix, a family dinner here at resort, drink on balcony, and kids are out for like a light - its 10pm - but i suppose in reality its 3am!!!

Anyway we are up early tommorow as its our first real day - its rope drop for magic kingdom (we hope) - alarm is set for 7am, and need to be out by 7:30am ish.

Looking to do half a day, back to the pool in afternoon, and we have ressies at T Rex for dinner. Any questions fire away.

natalielongstaff
10-18-2009, 03:50 AM
We are arriving tomorrow afternoon :cool1: have a great trip !

DISWolves
10-18-2009, 04:35 AM
Where are you all staying at ?

strawberry blonde
10-18-2009, 04:58 AM
Sounds like a good start to your holiday. Have a great time. :)

RDP
10-18-2009, 05:21 AM
How busy are the parks?

DCLMan
10-18-2009, 06:33 AM
How busy are the parks?

I'm at WDW at the moment and the parks aren't very busy at all.

The longest line we've been in was TSM at park opening. That was 25 minutes.

Splash and BTM were 5/10 minutes.

Soarin was about 20 minutes.

Test Track was about 30 so we fastpassed it, queued, got to the front of the line and then a thunder storm hit, so they closed it. They did give out fastpasses for the people who had queued.

So it's not very busy at the moment.

martinrmn
10-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Enjoy your holidays. If you do visit I-Drive can you look at the old site of the Mercado to see if they have built anything yet? Enjoy T-Rex but again only if you have the time can you let me know what its like?

One last thing....

ENJOY EVERY MINUTE!!:thumbsup2:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Cyrano
10-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Have a great trip everyone :thumbsup2

gilld
10-18-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm arriving on Thursday - is it nice and warm daytime and evening?

yummymummywales
10-19-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm flying on Thursday too - any updates on the weather would be fab! (Do I need to take a cardigan yet?!)

Thanks

londondude
10-19-2009, 10:16 PM

We arrived in on sunday morning from a very cold Newyork... As we landed in orlando, the sky were blue we thought mmmm florida sun :cool1: But then the over the Plane P.A we were told the temp outside 40f :scared1::mad: Gutted ive been coming to orlando for the past 14yrs , never have i worn a jumper in orlando:@(, even thou the sun was out, the Air temp was cold very cold, we woke up this morning feeling cold, :sick: But thats the bad news....Now good News today we been able to wear shorts :woohoo: its starting to warm up a bit......But next cold front is due Sat :scared1: fingers crossed it will miss us

popsynic
10-19-2009, 11:16 PM
How busy are the parks?

Sunday - Magic Kingdom
Very low crowds - walked on (literally) to Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Small World (all at various times of the day)

Before 10am we waited 10 mins Dumbo , and maybe 5 mins each for Snow White, Pooh Ride - Peter Pan was closed in the morning, not sure if it re-opened.

lots of spaces and places to watch parade - no crowds for that

Monday - Animal Kingdom
This was and Early Morning Hours day, and we also had a breakfast at Tusker House, so this would have affected our our experience of crowds.

However it did seem quite crowded overall. We had Birthday Fastpasses for EE and KS, but if we had waited standby, then EE was 45 minutes and EE was 20 minutes.

We only had a short day here, so can't say how crowds compare.

popsynic
10-19-2009, 11:32 PM

Sunday - Sun was out and it was dry - but it was not hot, in fact certain family members had cardigans on all day- We were only people in hotel pool in the afternoon. It felt cold

Monday - colder to begin, but after lunch it was glorious. Evening was breezy and cool.

popsynic
10-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Here is a general update about first full day (Sun Oct 17)

So we did make it for rope drop. In fact this is an understatement. Kids body clocks must be haywire, as they were up at 5am!!!

The up side to this meant that we were out the door very early. The downside was that we were all cream crackered by 3pm

When we got to MK, we were parked so close to the TTC hat we were directed to walk to the monorail or ferryboat (it really was that close). The TTC was like a ghost town, almost no one there. This was at about 8:15am

We went to the ferry boat, but was told by CM this wouldn't leave until there were more passengers, so we took monorail instead. By the way the seven seas lagoon lake looked stunning, as it had a veil of mist floating over it. It really looked amazing.

We got through turnstiles at about 8:40am. Moderate crowd here to watch the opening ceremony. However once park opened I am not sure were the crowd went as it felt very quiet inside.

We did the following in this order
Main Street (including pics in front of castle) - very quiet
Dumbo - 5 minute wait
Pooh - 5 minute wait
Pan - closed?
Snow White - 5 min wait
Carousel- no wait
Small World-no wait
toontown- quiet
railroad-luckily no wait as it was in station
splash mountain - no wait
thunder mountain- 5 min wait
pirates - no wait
lunch at Pecos Bill - suprisingly busy but not mad busy - easily got a table
show in front of castle - low crowds - very close to front
Phillarmagic- theatre felt full, but only waited the time for next show to be called
Shops on main street - felt busy
Parade - it was easy to get a spot anyhere on main street

Back at resort - pool was empty!!

Evening at Downtown Disney - very busy. Lego shop and World Of Disney were packed!!!!

General observations
Not many characters wandering the parks (we are used to seeing loads and disneland Paris)
Maintenace hoardings up at Mrs Potts cupboard and Rear of castle
Castmembers are pleasant, but nowhere near as friendly as they used to be
T Rex - excellent in our opinion, if not a tad too expensive.

We did AK toady, so will update you soon

eeyorefanuk
10-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Thanks for your updates :goodvibes How lovely you can just walk on alot of the rides, do not think that is going to happen to me in August :lmao:

gilld
10-20-2009, 02:10 AM
How very disappointing that it isn't as warm as the weather sites woud suggest.
Hmm, will have to rethink my packing!

As I'm only popping over for 5 days, an approaching cold front will pretty much ruin what was supposed to be a relaxing, poolside break!

DCLMan
10-22-2009, 09:51 AM
85 Degrees today and getting warmer as the week progresses.

suzybear6
10-22-2009, 10:04 AM
85 Degrees today and getting warmer as the week progresses.

That's what I like to hear :love: Although don't let it get too hot! If all goes to plan we should be there this time next year and while the children and I love hot weather, DP should have been a penguin as he hates it when it's too hot :sad2:

How are the crowds now? Still light?

Luv Suzy

Lizzybear
10-22-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm flying on Thursday too - any updates on the weather would be fab! (Do I need to take a cardigan yet?!)

Thanks

It was in the 90s when we first arrived but turned a bit chilly this past weekend... Still shorts and T-shirt weather in the day (for non Floridians at least..! ;) but at night not so much. I had to wear a longsleeve top under my costume at MNSSHP on 18th and I was still cold! We got home yesterday and before we left it seemed to be getting warmer again but not humid which was nice :)

DCLMan
10-23-2009, 07:57 PM
How are the crowds now? Still light?

Luv Suzy

We went to MNSSHP on Thursday and tickets were still available when we went in at 4.30pm.

We went to EPCOT today and World Showcase was quite busy but Future World wasn't to bad, 30 minutes for Soarin' and 40 for Test Track.

88 degrees today! According to Channel 13 News 90 degrees is the the record for October, so we are close to it.

suzybear6
10-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks Guys :thanks:

Now I wonder what the parks will be like this week seeing as it's UK half term from now onwards?

Anyone care to keep me updated? :worship:

Luv Suzy

DCLMan
10-24-2009, 08:10 PM
We went to Blizzard Beach today and there were a lot of Brits.

popsynic
10-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Epcot World Showcase was PACKED tonight, and i mean shoulder to shoulder - but the atmosphere was electric.

We arrived at about 3pm (we were allowed to park car at Beach Club)- it was very hot and humid today. We had dinner at Le Cellier, browse through Canada, UK, France and Morroco pavillons abd then went for a 8:30pm Illuminations Cruise. Finished off with a stroll around the boardwalk and then took boat back to beach club.

Very nice day

popsynic
10-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Friday 23 went to Epcot. Very Hot. Arrived for rope drop, and rode Soarin (5 min wait), Turtle Talk (no wait), Nemo & Friends (Walked On), Imagination with Figment (Walked On), Honey I Shrunk (10 min wait), Did Kim Possible Adventure (In Mexico) and toured Mexico (Grand Fiesta Ride Walk On), Norway - (got fastpass for Maelstrom as it would have been a 20 minute standby wait), and had ice creams in African Oupost and explored rest of Norway. We then rode Maelstrom with fast passes, skipped the film.

We then rode Test Track (used Fast Passes that I had got earlier in morning) - but still was a 15 mnute wait - standby was 90 minutes), Rode Spaceship Earth (walked on). Left park about 4pm

For dinner we picked up pizza from FLIPPERS at Crossroads Shoppng Area nr Downtown Disney

General thoughts:
Test Track - was okay, but not as good as the hype - you don't go as fast as you think you will go.
Spaceship Earth - great, and the end bit everyone seems to hate (when you see your future) we loved, and kids enjoyed emailing it to friends.
Figmet ride and Maelstrom - both okay, just weird!!!!
Honey I Shrunk - looked very dated, but still good fun
Food & Wine - very expensive for very small portions. Plus the lines at each koisk were very long. Didn't seem worth it to us.

Thursday Oct 22 did Blizzard Beach. It was very quiet with less than 5 minute waits for all slides.

Arrived at 10am and left about 2:30pm

Had dinner at Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney. Browsed shops (Team mickey, Under $10, Xmas Shop, Art Of Disney, Haynes Design A Tee).

Busy and warm.

General Thoughts

The new design a Tee shop is not very impressive in my opinion - seemed overpriced.

Family Raft Ride at BB- great fun
Run Off Rapids - The twin tube slides great fun
Lazy River - not as well themed as the one at Typhoon Lagoon

popsynic
10-24-2009, 11:36 PM
TUESDAY: Typhoon Lagoon
This place wa pratically Empty. We pretty much walked onto everything with no wait - the longest wait being 5 mins for Crush N Gusher (and that was just waiting for tube really - once we got to top of stairs we were straight on) Son and I did all three Crush N Gusher slides in about 20 mins

Weather was cool, cloudy and breezy though, so this may have helped

General Observations - this park closes for rehab next week for 3 months, but it looked immaculate. Excelent water park, themeing fab.

Dissapointed that we did not see any photopass photographers

WEDS: Hollywood Studios. Ariived at Rope Drop. Seemed like hundreds were also waiting at rope drop. We marched with everyone else to Toy Story Mania, overtook many people, and managed to get to Fat Pass Machines - we then rode TSM standby (20 mnute wait was posted, but it was more like 5 minutes) .

We then did first Mermaid show of the day (great attraction this), Animation Tour & Academy (no wait), Watched High School Musical Show, Rode Star Tours (No Wait), Watched Cars Motor Action Show (the arena was packed), We did Toy Story again using fast passes and then Tower Of terror (Walk On at about 2:15pm) and then watched Block Party Bash = super view, and kids danced with characters

Observations: Phew it was hot. Something nent wrong in Motors Action, which forced them to skip the radio control car sequence - they got a kid up, but then just sent him back to his seat.

We had Fast Passes for Rock N Roller, but never used them, so I gave them away

Shazzie B
10-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the updates:goodvibes; we're going 16th-31st Oct next year so crowd & weather info really appreciated.

Sounds like you're having a great time (not that we're jealous or anything on a dark Chilly Sunday evening:rolleyes:)

popsynic
10-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the updates:goodvibes; we're going 16th-31st Oct next year so crowd & weather info really appreciated.

Sounds like you're having a great time (not that we're jealous or anything on a dark Chilly Sunday evening:rolleyes:)

yep - strating to think about the return to dull wather - and 7 weeks to xmas

however today was boiling hot, and tonght so warm and humid the whole family went for a swim at 10:45pm, and the pool was busy at this time too!!!!