PDA

View Full Version : Chillin' at the Contemporary-PTR+ All-Star quick trip TR - Completed

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

PopArtGal
10-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey guys!

Yup, I'm back once again.

A new trip is starting to be planned.

My travel partner will only be my mom this time.

I will soon start telling you all about my plans, but for those who don't know me, here are links to my last PTR and lastly, my TR.

PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2084607

TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2247741

NikkiLovesWDW!
10-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Hey Christy!!

I can't believe it's time for your PTR already!! Have you picked your dates? Have you booked? I want all the info already! Especially so I can know if our trips coincide again this year! AND that we might stay at the same resort! :cool1:

Can't wait to hear more about it!

Lifelong_Dreamer
10-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Hurray for another trip! I'm in!

PopArtGal
10-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey Christy!!

I can't believe it's time for your PTR already!! Have you picked your dates? Have you booked? I want all the info already! Especially so I can know if our trips coincide again this year! AND that we might stay at the same resort! :cool1:

Can't wait to hear more about it!

We are almost sure that the dates will be July 4 to July 18.

We haven't booked yet.

We are wondering if we'll pick a TA or book through Disney. The good thing with a TA is that we can normally pay at par.

disneybarbie
10-18-2009, 03:38 AM
popcorn::

Subscribing! Looking forward to reading another of your PTRs.. and some time next year the TR!

Emma princess: x x

PopArtGal
10-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Hurray for another trip! I'm in!

popcorn::

Subscribing! Looking forward to reading another of your PTRs.. and some time next year the TR!

Thanks guys for joining me!

Our only dilemma is that last time we stayed at POR we were disturbed by a brazillian tour group who stayed beside our room, and it was insane.

But if we get a water view, there are less chances of that happening, right?

PopArtGal
10-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Wow I haven't posted here in a while.

I will do so today,and as a bonus, add pics and a story about the funny dinner I had last night.

PopArtGal
10-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Ok, so here's the game plan so far!

Dates: July 4, 2010 to July 18, 2010.

Resort: Port Orleans Riverside- Water view in Magnolia Bend

The cast:

Mom- Likes shopping at WDW. Likes Ghirardelli (I also do). Favorite store: Mk Emporium. Comes to WDW to humor me.

Me- 26 y/o high school art teacher. Been to WDW for the first time at the age of 2. Been dreaming of it ever since. I want to move to Florida to be closer to it.

Adrs we are considering: Toni's for lunch, Chef Mickey's for dinner, Crystal Palace for breakfast, The Plaza for lunch and Les chefs de France for lunch.

Favorite parks order: MK, Epcot, AK, and DHS. WE love love love DD. We have never been to water parks.

PopArtGal
10-27-2009, 07:42 PM
ok guys. For people who have been following me for a while, you know that I've been working on a Snow White costume for over a year. Well not literally. I got sick and stopped for months. And did not celebrate last Halloween.

But guess what. I finally finished it today. It is far from perfect, but my first costume ever. I am kinda happy about it.

Here's a pic of it.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/PopArtGal/IMG_2125.jpg

I'll post pics of me wearing it later on.

By the way, I was reading a TR, and that person had a pic of Snow White with her eyes closed. I had saved it to help me do my make up but can't find it anymore. If this person reads this, can you please post it here??? Pretty please! :)

Lifelong_Dreamer
10-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Congrats on finishing the dress! Can't wait to see you all done up for Halloween!

PopArtGal
10-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Congrats on finishing the dress! Can't wait to see you all done up for Halloween!

Thanks!

I am kind of excited to be Snow White for a day lol

PopArtGal
10-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Hey guys.

Here's a pic of me today. We were celebrating Halloween at school.

Here's the pic. It's a pic a student took. She even coached me on my smile lol

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/PopArtGal/IMG_2129.jpg

And yes, in the unit I am linked to, we were 2 Snow Whites. And we always sit side by side. Everytime my friend (who was sitting on the other side of the classroom during our morning meeting) would look at us, she'd laugh. The principal was not amused lol

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/PopArtGal/14642_324717165081_848650081_960388.jpg

PopArtGal
11-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Where are you guys??

I know my face in the first picture isn't the best. But still! hehe

Lifelong_Dreamer
11-06-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm still here, I didn't comment on the costume since I had already commented on Facebook. ;)

PopArtGal
11-08-2009, 10:45 AM
A little update.

For those of you who have known me for a while, you know that I want to move to Florida and work there.

Well I have taken the first step towards it. I have sent my schooling documents to an organization that helps Canadian (and out of country people) get certified in the state they desire.

I have talked to the Florida schoolboard and they are very happy of my interest and are helping me. They are providing me all the information I need.

I now have to look how to get a working visa for me, and another type of visa (yeah I have no clue what I am looking for) that would allow my mom tov visit for months at a time.

disneybarbie
11-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Congratulations! :goodvibes

First step in the right direction - you must be feeling really positive and excited!

Like they say in WDW... "If you can dream it, you can do it!" :cloud9:

Emma princess: x

PopArtGal
11-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Congratulations! :goodvibes

First step in the right direction - you must be feeling really positive and excited!

Like they say in WDW... "If you can dream it, you can do it!" :cloud9:

Yeah. I feel good about it. Well I have my moments when I get really anxious and nervous. It would be a huge change you know. But my mom's willing to help me out. So it helps :)

NikkiLovesWDW!
11-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Wow Christy! That's awesome! I knew you were looking into it but it really seems like you might do it! I talk about stuff I want to do all the time...I can't tell you how many times I've looked at apartments in Orlando...but I don't think I'll ever really have the guts to actually do it! Keep us posted. :thumbsup2

PopArtGal
11-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Wow Christy! That's awesome! I knew you were looking into it but it really seems like you might do it! I talk about stuff I want to do all the time...I can't tell you how many times I've looked at apartments in Orlando...but I don't think I'll ever really have the guts to actually do it! Keep us posted. :thumbsup2

Sure will keep you updated.

What is kind of helping me is that I don't feel the schoolboard and the school I am at are really helping me. They are taking me for granted, and sometimes taking advantage of me.

I am not even on my way for tenure. So what's holding me back?

And if I don't like it after a year, I can still come back.

PopArtGal
11-11-2009, 07:37 PM
We might end up doing the Tea at the Grand Floridian. I've been wanting to do it for a while, and my mom might come with me. woohoo!

brookelizabeth
11-13-2009, 12:26 AM
I'm here! I have had your TR saved in my list for a while now, but am finally getting fully caught up with them all - or at least trying to. :goodvibes

Your plans are looking good so far! Are you planning on watching the July 4 fireworks?

LOVE YOUR COSTUME! You look GREAT!!! Wow! Hilarious that there were 2 Snow Whites too! :thumbsup2

And Congratulations on taking the first steps on the move! Years ago, before I was married, I wanted to move to NYC for years and years, I always said "someday", and finally I just realized - "What is stopping me?" And exactly-you can always move back. I moved, and it was the BEST. While I am happy I moved back for my hubby, I miss it sooooooooo very much. Go for it!!!!!

And I also have to say :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 on the GF Tea! I had wanted to do that with my MIL and SIL on our upcoming December trip, but blanked on it during my ADR day and I'm sure there is nothing now....I still might try for kicks, it would be so much fun with them! The food is so good, and it's a relaxing time.

PopArtGal
11-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Welcome back Brooke!

I am very excited about the move. And anxious at the same time hehe I sent my documents to the IERF 1 week and a half ago. And it feels like it's taking soooooooooo long. But I know it will take arond 2 weeks for the documents to get to California (where they are) and I will have to let it take a bit more time for them to examine my file.

PopArtGal
11-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Wow guys I'm so dizzy!!

I woke up this morning to my parents talking about the trip.

My dad got jealous that we were going to do the tea that he decided to come.

So now he's onboard.

We talked about hotels and all. And we are now aiming for Old Key West. And we'll be ordering food from Garde Grocer.

So I will be calling Disney this afternoon or tomorow.

We then talked about restaurants. Wow. It was a lot to take in.

I'm so exhausted lol

I'll let you know how it goes later on.

Oh yeah, at Old Key West we want a 1 bedroom villa.

Did anyone use Garden Grocer? Are they good?

PopArtGal
11-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Looks like our dates will be similar to last year's.

July 18 to August 1

Lifelong_Dreamer
11-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Looks like our dates will be similar to last year's.

July 18 to August 1

:thumbsup2

PopArtGal
11-14-2009, 07:08 PM
We just booked online!! woohoo!!

Old Key West- 1 Bedroom villa
3 Adults
July 18 to August 1

And we booked our flight with Air Canada.

We leave at 8:05am and get to MCO at 11:19

And we come back at 12:05 and get to Montreal at 3:19pm

Let's hope that the flight won't keep changing this time!

NikkiLovesWDW!
11-15-2009, 01:15 AM
:(

No Dis meets for us this summer, then!

That's great that your dad decided to go. What made you change your dates?

Maybe if all goes well with your documents and getting certified, you can schedule some interviews while your in FL!!

PopArtGal
11-15-2009, 09:16 AM
:(

No Dis meets for us this summer, then!

That's great that your dad decided to go. What made you change your dates?

Maybe if all goes well with your documents and getting certified, you can schedule some interviews while your in FL!!

I'm sorry cutie. But we'll def. meet again in the future.

We changed our dates because after the 18, we save 50$ a night. It is less expensive.

Lynn5700
11-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Hey girl!! Glad you booked your trip! YAY.

Good luck with getting a job in FL!

PopArtGal
11-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Nikki. You rented a car at the Swan right?

How does that work?

NikkiLovesWDW!
11-15-2009, 01:36 PM

How does that work?

Oh lord! Do you remember my rental car craziness from my TR?? :lmao:

No, we rented from Avis from the DTD Hilton. We took the bus to DTD, then walked to the Hilton. It would have worked out just fine....if the office wasn't closed by the time we go there! Woops!

PopArtGal
11-15-2009, 01:58 PM
So is that the only place other than the airport where we can rent?

disneybarbie
11-15-2009, 02:08 PM
So is that the only place other than the airport where we can rent?

Hi!

You can rent cars from the swan/dolphin - I'm not sure which companies it is, sure it's easy to find out on the hotel websites :)

Soo excited for you that you've booked your next trip! :cheer2:
DBF and I are going to go next December to NYC and WDW but we can't book flights or DVC until January.. it's so frustrating not being able to even look at flights prices online ;) lol.

Really cute that your Dad is coming too.. guess he's got the Disney bug too! :cutie:

PopArtGal
11-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi!

You can rent cars from the swan/dolphin - I'm not sure which companies it is, sure it's easy to find out on the hotel websites :)

Soo excited for you that you've booked your next trip! :cheer2:
DBF and I are going to go next December to NYC and WDW but we can't book flights or DVC until January.. it's so frustrating not being able to even look at flights prices online ;) lol.

Really cute that your Dad is coming too.. guess he's got the Disney bug too! :cutie:

Yup. I was contagious apparently lol

HeatherBelle614
11-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Hey!

I'm here! I don't know how much I'll be able to comment until after our trip! The next couple of weeks are going to be nuts (and, we've got Thanksgiving coming up, too!)

YAY for booking!!!

NikkiLovesWDW!
11-15-2009, 03:23 PM
I think there are a few places. Check mousesavers.

PopArtGal
11-15-2009, 03:57 PM
I saw that Alamo does at the Dolphin. We might not do it. Too expensive for a week.

PopArtGal
11-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Hey!

I'm here! I don't know how much I'll be able to comment until after our trip! The next couple of weeks are going to be nuts (and, we've got Thanksgiving coming up, too!)

YAY for booking!!!

Yay!!!! :goodvibes

disneybarbie
11-15-2009, 04:08 PM
I saw that Alamo does at the Dolphin. We might not do it. Too expensive for a week.

unless you need to leave WDW alot I wouldn't say you need a rental car (IMO) even if you want to go to those other Orlando parks ;) you can hire a taxi.

I've stayed at OKW and the buses to the Disney parks were really punctual - there's a lot of stops around the resort too :wizard:

happy planning!

PopArtGal
11-15-2009, 04:15 PM
It was mostly to go to the Florida mall and intl drive.

Lifelong_Dreamer
11-15-2009, 05:25 PM
I have found that they really jack up the prices of rental cars at the WDW locations. The airport prices are always MUCH cheaper. We love having a car, no crowded buses, no lines and it is so much faster to get around. We like to go off property to eat from time to time and also we like to go to the grocery store.

NikkiLovesWDW!
11-15-2009, 05:32 PM
You might want to try just a day rental! Also, did you look at mousesavers?? they have different codes you can put in for the different companies. Ours was supposed to be only around $35 or something for the day. Also, if you book it just a few days before, the prices go down. :thumbsup2

PopArtGal
11-16-2009, 06:23 PM
I have found that they really jack up the prices of rental cars at the WDW locations. The airport prices are always MUCH cheaper. We love having a car, no crowded buses, no lines and it is so much faster to get around. We like to go off property to eat from time to time and also we like to go to the grocery store.

You might want to try just a day rental! Also, did you look at mousesavers?? they have different codes you can put in for the different companies. Ours was supposed to be only around $35 or something for the day. Also, if you book it just a few days before, the prices go down. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the tips guys.

We'll see. It is still a possibility in my mind.

PopArtGal
11-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey guys.

Just a quick word to say I'm still here.

Haven't really been planning lately since I have a second job.

I am exhausted, but oh well. I need to earn a living.

I am working for tourism (I used to work there when I was a student, and when they have special events they ask me back) and it's long hours when you add that to a teaching job.

I can't wait for Christmas break.

PopArtGal
12-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Hey guys.

I got my "school" pictures this week.

When I scanned it, there was a lot of dust on it. It appears the glass is in need of cleaning lol

So I had fun with it and added a filter.

Enjoy! lol

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/PopArtGal/ScannedImage.jpg

PopArtGal
12-06-2009, 02:34 PM
I am dreaming of a picture with Alice and the Madhatter. Both in the same picture with me. However, I have only seen Alice by herself at the teacups.

Any tricks?

Lifelong_Dreamer
12-06-2009, 06:00 PM
No tricks, just luck. We had our picture taken with the two of them together back in 07. It was great fun.

PopArtGal
12-09-2009, 06:28 PM
I can't find an "Old Key West" thread. Did anyone stumble upon one?

brookelizabeth
12-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Wow, your dates are chosen, and your room and flight are booked! :yay: I didn't feel like I was that far behind, but I was! :eek: Congratulations on everything-it really sounds like a nice LONG trip. :thumbsup2 Looking forward to hearing the ADR info and all that.

Great school pic-I like the filter!

Did anyone use Garden Grocer? Are they good?

We have used them once for some basic needs for the room, it worked out great. There was one problem where the GG delivery person did not sign in with the hotel, so they didn't have it on record that our items were there, but the Bellmen went and hunted and found it all without a problem.

How does that work?

We did a one day rental from the Swan this past January. It worked really well - I just bussed it over to the Swan and then drove back to my resort. The valet goes and gets your car for you, then when you bring it back you drop it off again with the valet (thus, a tip is a bit expected...). The rental desk is in a room just off the lobby, it was a quick process. I found a code on Mousesavers too that got the one day down to about $30 or so.

I can't find an "Old Key West" thread. Did anyone stumble upon one?

I know I have seen one...here it is: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1375743

PopArtGal
12-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks Brooke! You rock!

I was just thinking that I need to changed the title to the PTR but I have no idea what to change it to.

PopArtGal
12-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Hey everyone!

Nothing new to report here.

I have assigned my parents a little task.

They need to finish the ADR wish list. And they need to tell me which buildings to request. I don't care which building we are in, so they have to tell me what their preferences are.

I am not so patiently waiting for January 19. My ADR date. Well for haf our vacation.

Oh and by the way, Merry Christmas!!

I just bought myself "Toy Story Mania" for my Wii, and gonna go try it out.

See ya!

disneybarbie
12-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi.. happy holidays!!

Beware of Toystorymania-Wii-arm-ache... we've all been suffering from it this xmas!!

PopArtGal
12-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Hi.. happy holidays!!

Beware of Toystorymania-Wii-arm-ache... we've all been suffering from it this xmas!!

hahah Thanks for the warning.

Now I shall warn you about the Toy Story Mania headache lol:lmao:

PopArtGal
01-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Happy New Year!!

Still working on getting my equivalence.

And for those of you who haven't read my last trips reports, I just want to warn you that I am cleaning my photobucket account in a few days :)

PopArtGal
01-04-2010, 11:46 AM
I was going through boxes, and labeling them.

And I found 9 WDW mugs.

So let's see.

How many do you guys have?

PopArtGal
01-04-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm having a bad case of WDW blues here.

All my friends and colleagues are going on trips during spring break. I'm staying home.

I wanna go to WDW but no one wants to come with me. And I'm not going by myself.

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-04-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm having a bad case of WDW blues here.

All my friends and colleagues are going on trips during spring break. I'm staying home.

I wanna go to WDW but no one wants to come with me. And I'm not going by myself.

You can't be that upset! You're going not that much more after Spring Break!

Tom and I went out to dinner and made some plans for our next trip because we were starting to get the blues BAD!! We think we ARE going to go over July 4th. :scared:

PopArtGal
01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Like I said. July 4 is not that bad. We usually just hung out around the hotel and Downtown Disney.

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-04-2010, 08:55 PM
I appreciate that. I feel like we're pretty seasoned WDW visitors. I would NEVER recommend going over a holiday to an inexperienced WDW goer but I think we can handle it. The plan is to do MK fireworks on the 3rd and Epcot on the 4th. The only problem is, the 3rd is a Saturday so I'm not sure it will be much less crowded than the 4th. If worse comes to worst, we might just go to the Poly beach to watch the fireworks. I'm MUCH too into patriotic music not miss these fireworks! I've seen them on youtube and couldn't hold back the tears!:thumbsup2

PopArtGal
01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
I guess I didn't mind missing them since we weren't American. I hear they are beautiful. Like you said, seasoned visitors can do it. There's not much that can stop me at WDW anymore lol

PopArtGal
01-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Waiting until January 19 for my ADRs is tooooooooooooorture! hehe

I can't wait to be done.

It seems my planning is slower than usual. My binder is not getting filled as fast.

I still have to print envelopes for mousekeeping and everything.

Maybe I can wait to do all that during spring break?

I am also looking into planning something for my dad. He's been wanting to visit the Kennedy Space Center for a while.

But then again, my mom wants to visit Sea World.

I don't want to be unfair to either. Maybe I should wait until they are snowbirds lol They want to rent a house or appartment there for months at a time when my dad retires this year.

We'll see. Still 6 months ahead of us.

I tried to convince my mom to come with me to WDW(yet again) for a quick trip in March, but no luck.

PopArtGal
01-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Oh and I forgot to say that for Christmas I got a Winners gift card (our Marshall's). So I decided it would go towards trip clothes/summer clothes. If I can wait that long to use it hehe

And I also got a set of 8 books of the Sookie series. So you know what I'll be reading during the trip. Yep, I always read an entire book during the trip. I read on the plane and at the airport. During relaxing time at the hotel (in the room, by the pool, etc) and on the way home. I don't know which book it will be yet. It will depend where I am at in the series.

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-09-2010, 09:49 AM
And I also got a set of 8 books of the Sookie series.

Are those the books that True Blood was based off of?? I am a fan of the show and my friend was just telling me it was based on a series of books. Let me know if they are any good! :thumbsup2

PopArtGal
01-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Are those the books that True Blood was based off of?? I am a fan of the show and my friend was just telling me it was based on a series of books. Let me know if they are any good! :thumbsup2

Yup. They are exactly those books.

I will make sure and let you know.

BTW, I thought about you the other day hehe I put the postcard you sent on my desk at school. I cleared my desk from all the stuff I put there before x-mas break, and it came into vision. I was like: awe, my happy place" lol

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Waiting until January 19 for my ADRs is tooooooooooooorture! hehe

Oh no! You just remined me...if we are going over the 4th of July, I think my ADR time past already!! OH NO! So much to do this weekend. Narrow down the dates, book and make those ADRS!!

Yup. They are exactly those books.

I will make sure and let you know.

BTW, I thought about you the other day hehe I put the postcard you sent on my desk at school. I cleared my desk from all the stuff I put there before x-mas break, and it came into vision. I was like: awe, my happy place" lol

Aww, so glad I could help you get there!

Lifelong_Dreamer
01-09-2010, 12:25 PM
You will love the books, they are SO much better than the tv show and I enjoy the show. The show is only loosely based off the books as they changed A LOT for the show.

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-09-2010, 12:46 PM
OMG Christy! Thanks to you, I just spent my whole morning SCRAMBLING to get this trip and ADRs together! I booked POR for July 1-8 and already made an ADR for Tony's on the 3rd and Beirgarten on the 4th! Nothing like German food to celebrate being American!

Looks like I will be starting that PTR soon!!

PopArtGal
01-09-2010, 01:04 PM
OMG Christy! Thanks to you, I just spent my whole morning SCRAMBLING to get this trip and ADRs together! I booked POR for July 1-8 and already made an ADR for Tony's on the 3rd and Beirgarten on the 4th! Nothing like German food to celebrate being American!

Looks like I will be starting that PTR soon!!

hehe

Is it a good thank you, or a bad thank you? lol

PopArtGal
01-09-2010, 01:06 PM
You will love the books, they are SO much better than the tv show and I enjoy the show. The show is only loosely based off the books as they changed A LOT for the show.

Thanks. I'm trying to get through a book I got last Christmas (x-mas 2008), and seeing these books lie on the book shelf is really a big temptation ;)

PopArtGal
01-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Nikki, have you ever been to Tony's?

PopArtGal
01-09-2010, 02:17 PM
I stumbled across a few cool websites when I googled mousekeeping enveloppes.

So let me ask you. What are yout favorite websites where you can download some cool stuff for your planning binder?

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Nikki, have you ever been to Tony's?

No is it good? We want to be in the MK that day for sure and there aren't too many restaurants so we thought we'd try it.

I stumbled across a few cool websites when I googled mousekeeping enveloppes.

So let me ask you. What are yout favorite websites where you can download some cool stuff for your planning binder?

I think I got my Mousekeeping envelopes from TheMouseForLess but I tweaked them a little.

PopArtGal
01-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Tony's good.

I recommend the Tiramisu for dessert. My mom and I looooooooved it!

But my dad had a pistachio creme brulee and loved it.

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Tony's good.

I recommend the Tiramisu for dessert. My mom and I looooooooved it!

But my dad had a pistachio creme brulee and loved it.

Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2

I have now booked 7 ADRs total!

disneybarbie
01-09-2010, 02:37 PM
I used MouseforLess website for July & December trips... I think the Mousekeeper really appreciated them.. we got soo many towels & extra toiletries in July especially!!

brookelizabeth
01-09-2010, 03:00 PM
We did Kennedy Space Center during our January 2009 trip, we had a great time there! There is a lot to see and do and is all very interesting. We plan to go back again.

Did you parents select a building to be in?

Oh, and btw, I started my TR! Link in the siggy. :goodvibes:

jordanyosh
01-09-2010, 04:08 PM
okay....here, but got to go back and read.

PopArtGal
01-09-2010, 04:49 PM
I used MouseforLess website for July & December trips... I think the Mousekeeper really appreciated them.. we got soo many towels & extra toiletries in July especially!!

I normally did Mouseforless, but I'm getting bored with those. Here are the 2 sites I found.

http://disney-kingdom.com/category/disney-downloads/
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/mousekeeping-envelopes.php

PopArtGal
01-09-2010, 04:59 PM
We did Kennedy Space Center during our January 2009 trip, we had a great time there! There is a lot to see and do and is all very interesting. We plan to go back again.

Did you parents select a building to be in?

Oh, and btw, I started my TR! Link in the siggy. :goodvibes:

I know what buildings they don't want hehe

They don't want to be too far and secluded. So nothing between 45 and 55.

jordanyosh
01-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Hey guys.

I got my "school" pictures this week.

When I scanned it, there was a lot of dust on it. It appears the glass is in need of cleaning lol

So I had fun with it and added a filter.

Enjoy! lol

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/PopArtGal/ScannedImage.jpg

Great pic

PopArtGal
01-09-2010, 05:00 PM
okay....here, but got to go back and read.

Welcome! :)

PopArtGal
01-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Great pic

Thanks

jordanyosh
01-09-2010, 05:02 PM
We've used Garden Grocer and had no issue. We got everything.

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-09-2010, 05:06 PM
I normally did Mouseforless, but I'm getting bored with those. Here are the 2 sites I found.

http://disney-kingdom.com/category/disney-downloads/
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/mousekeeping-envelopes.php

Ooooh, I wish I would have found the second one before my honeymoon! There is a wedding one! :mad: Oh well, I'm sure we care WAY more than they do! They are just happy with the money inside!!

PopArtGal
01-09-2010, 05:22 PM
We've used Garden Grocer and had no issue. We got everything.

Thanks for reassuring me :) Do you have to go get the bags in the lobby, or do they deliver to your room?

Ooooh, I wish I would have found the second one before my honeymoon! There is a wedding one! :mad: Oh well, I'm sure we care WAY more than they do! They are just happy with the money inside!!

I know most of them open them, take the money, and throw them away lol

jordanyosh
01-09-2010, 05:24 PM
the order goes to Bell services. they will then deliver to your room.

PopArtGal
01-09-2010, 05:36 PM
the order goes to Bell services. they will then deliver to your room.

Thanks.

jordanyosh
01-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks.

you are most welcome

PopArtGal
01-09-2010, 06:47 PM
I know this will never happen, but I dream of receiving a code for free dining plan hehe

PopArtGal
01-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Can you believe that after all these months I'm finally ordering prints of my July vacation to start my scrapbook? haha

brookelizabeth
01-11-2010, 11:39 PM
I still haven't ordered prints of our November 2008 trip. :rolleyes1

PopArtGal
01-17-2010, 10:14 AM
I keep watching the "Celebrate a dream come ture parade". I love it. The music and all.

Anyone know where I can get the music?

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-17-2010, 10:39 AM
The Share a Dream Come True Parade music (is that the same thing?) is on the Magic in the Streets cd. They sell it in the parks, I'm not sure if they still do but that's where I got mine. I can send you a copy if you like! :thumbsup2

By the way.....there is a July 2010 thread! You must join!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2247684

PopArtGal
01-17-2010, 11:10 AM
The Share a Dream Come True Parade music (is that the same thing?) is on the Magic in the Streets cd. They sell it in the parks, I'm not sure if they still do but that's where I got mine. I can send you a copy if you like! :thumbsup2

By the way.....there is a July 2010 thread! You must join!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2247684

I guess that I'll buy it lol

Like I almost don't have them all lol

I'm joining, I'm joining lol

PopArtGal
01-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Hey guys.

Just a quick update.

I might put my move to Florida on hold.

My dad said that if I want to do my Masters in Art Education, he'll pay for it.

So, why not take him up on his offer?

Lifelong_Dreamer
01-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Hey guys.

Just a quick update.

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Hey guys.

Just a quick update.

Awesome! That will be even better to have that on your resume when you DO make the move!

jordanyosh
01-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Hey guys.

Just a quick update.

Well that takes care of the issue of finding a job, transferring, etc....

PopArtGal
01-17-2010, 06:42 PM
I have a job at the moment.

Just part-time though.

Moving was never about finding a better job.

I just wanted a change in my life. Had tough years, and wanted to put them behind.

I would only putting my plan on hold.

jordanyosh
01-17-2010, 06:55 PM
I have a job at the moment.

Just part-time though.

Moving was never about finding a better job.

I just wanted a change in my life. Had tough years, and wanted to put them behind.

I would only putting my plan on hold.

oh, okay....

without looking back at your posts, i think I remember now.

good luck if you go back to school:thumbsup2 having pops pay helps!

PopArtGal
01-18-2010, 05:59 PM
According to the ADR calculator, tomorow's when I can do ADRs.

I'll see what I can do before work tomorow.:surfweb:

jordanyosh
01-18-2010, 06:05 PM
According to the ADR calculator, tomorow's when I can do ADRs.

I'll see what I can do before work tomorow.:surfweb:
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Oh good luck with the ADRs!!!

Lifelong_Dreamer
01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Good luck! Hopefully you will get everything that you want. :goodvibes

PopArtGal
01-19-2010, 08:14 AM
I have most of my ADRs. Only need to call to make a reservation for the tea at the Grand Floridian. And Tony's on July 30.

July 19: Crystal Palace 10:05am

July 21: Les Chefs de France 1:00pm

July 23: Tony's Town Square 12:25pm

July 25: Chef Mickey's 5:15pm

jordanyosh
01-19-2010, 01:22 PM
I have most of my ADRs. Only need to call to make a reservation for the tea at the Grand Floridian. And Tony's on July 30.

Nice ADRs.

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-19-2010, 04:40 PM
ADRs look good Christy! Glad you were able to get what you wanted!

Do you want me to post them on the July board?

brookelizabeth
01-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Hey guys.

Just a quick update.

Niiiiiiiiiiice! :thumbsup2

And again, niiiiiiiiiiiiice!! I am thinkin' we'll do Tony's on our next trip. DH loves him some pasta and I think Tutto wouldn't be quite what he would want.

Maybe I should have him look at the menu and pick instead of me guessing, eh?! :laughing:

I love Crystal Palace breakfast. I crave it!

PopArtGal
01-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Nice ADRs.

Thanks

ADRs look good Christy! Glad you were able to get what you wanted!

Do you want me to post them on the July board?

Sure, why not.

Niiiiiiiiiiice! :thumbsup2

And again, niiiiiiiiiiiiice!! I am thinkin' we'll do Tony's on our next trip. DH loves him some pasta and I think Tutto wouldn't be quite what he would want.

Maybe I should have him look at the menu and pick instead of me guessing, eh?! :laughing:

I love Crystal Palace breakfast. I crave it!

Thanks. Yeah, I think doing my Master's will be fun and rewarding.

We liked Tony so much, my dad wants to do it twice. But I have to wait a week to go and make that reservation since it's for our 2nd week.

We've never done Crystal Palace. Well not recently. We might have eaten there in 1991, but we are not sure. It was not a buffet, if that was the place.

brookelizabeth
01-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I think doing my Master's will be fun and rewarding.

We liked Tony so much, my dad wants to do it twice. But I have to wait a week to go and make that reservation since it's for our 2nd week.

We've never done Crystal Palace. Well not recently. We might have eaten there in 1991, but we are not sure. It was not a buffet, if that was the place.

That is great to hear about Tony's! Once we actually have our dates set and all that I will suggest it to Joe. CP Breakfast is a "must" for me on the next trip! I love it!

I think CP used to be a signature type restaurant from some history I have read and pieced together.

PopArtGal
01-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Let's add another reservation for Tony's.

July 30, at 6pm

brookelizabeth
01-22-2010, 10:33 AM
:thumbsup2 Glad you got it!

PopArtGal
01-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Hey guys!

Yesterday, I did something that was sooooooooooo much fun. A once in a lifetime opportunity.

My friend, who teaches dance, has a cousin who dances with a known choreographer here.

Well. There was a telethon for Haiti here. And that choreographer decided to create a mass choreography.

My 2 dance colleagues and I, were given the chance to be part of it.

We got there around 5:30pm, we rehearsed, and we were on live at 9pm.

It was amazing!

So great. Even though it was cold, and we were freezing.

It was worth it.

Here's an amateur video. I'm trying to find the real thing, but can't find it yet.

I'm in the first group. First line. Navy blue coat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96gDPyqTjC0#

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-23-2010, 11:04 AM
I see you, I see you!!! That's so cool!

But who was taping that? A squirrel?!

PopArtGal
01-23-2010, 11:09 AM
I see you, I see you!!! That's so cool!

But who was taping that? A squirrel?!

hahah Someone in an appartment.

5.5 millions were raised!!!

brookelizabeth
01-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Wow! VERY cool! It had to be moving to be part of something like that! :thumbsup2

PopArtGal
01-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Wow! VERY cool! It had to be moving to be part of something like that! :thumbsup2

I was an unforgettable experience.

But I am sick now.

Wether it was due to the cold or what, I have no idea.

But it was worth it.

jordanyosh
01-25-2010, 11:03 PM
I see you too!

How cool!

Sorry you're under the weather.

PopArtGal
01-26-2010, 06:16 AM
I see you too!

How cool!

Sorry you're under the weather.

Thanks.

I guess that my body is telling me I need to take a day off?

Anywayz, it makes the students miss me. And make them realize how they don't hate me that much hehehe

brookelizabeth
01-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! Kinda nice to know that the students love ya, huh? :goodvibes

PopArtGal
01-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! Kinda nice to know that the students love ya, huh? :goodvibes

They don't say it often. So when they say it, I treasure it hehe

Some students came running into the room and said they saw me on tv. They seemed proud to have noticed me. I hadn't told them I was gonna be there hehe

PopArtGal
01-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Hey guys, I found the real video that was on tv. Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfP36coLV4s

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Very cool! :thumbsup2

PopArtGal
01-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Very cool! :thumbsup2

Though we think they gave a bit too much exposure to the host. But oh well.

PopArtGal
01-27-2010, 08:22 PM
My cold is blah. Not feeling good. I was supposed to have 4 periods today. 2 of mine, and substitute for my friend who was leaving for Riviera Maya today. I called and asked them to find someone else for my friend's periods. I also had recuperation. Don't know how you call it in English. Where the kids come to pick up the slack, or when they are behind during lunch.

Good things though is that tomorow and friday are pedogigal days. You know, where teachers work, but the kids are home.

So my days will be busy, but I can pace myself. Something that is hard to do with kids surrounding you.

So tomorow morning is a full day of meeting. Yuck.

Then lunch with my friends(colleagues) that I don't see enough. (It's a huge school. 2nd biggest in Quebec).

Then gonna go buy supplies for my lessons. Yup, art teachers have to go themselves most of the time.

Then Friday, I have a meeting with my drama colleague (well there's 2, but I am working with one) to work on the texts for our year end gala.

And through all that, I want to write my letter of intention for my masters.

Oh and I forgot, report cards lol Well I'm already done with 3 groups. So 3 left. And I have until February 8.

So will I get to do all that? I hope so.

Wow. That was a long update.

Hopefully I can do all that during the next 2 days. I really want to rest this week end, and print out my mousekeeping envelopes and organize some paper work in my binder that have not been classified yet.

So, how are you all doing? hehe

jordanyosh
01-27-2010, 08:33 PM
WOW. you have a lot to do!!!!! you said it yourself--pace yourself.

PopArtGal
01-27-2010, 08:41 PM
WOW. you have a lot to do!!!!! you said it yourself--pace yourself.

I have to.

I'm a bit hyperactive lol

And I have to remind myself I'm sick.:headache:

My room is a bit messy. But I tried cleaning and got woozy. So yeah, gotta relax a bit. But it's hard when you :teacher:

jordanyosh
01-27-2010, 08:42 PM
I have to.

I'm a bit hyperactive lol

And I have to remind myself I'm sick.:headache:

My room is a bit messy. But I tried cleaning and got woozy. So yeah, gotta relax a bit. But it's hard when you :teacher:

Please take it easy....
:worship::worship::worship:to all who teach.

PopArtGal
01-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Please take it easy....
:worship::worship::worship:to all who teach.

Thanks.

My coworker keeps telling me to show the school what they are missing out. I'm only part-time this year. (Some weird stuff went done, not gonna discuss it though). So I have 6 groups, but I'm only paid 50% of what I normally am.

So she keeps telling me, work for 50% not a 100%. I'm used to doing so much :)

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-27-2010, 08:53 PM
I hear ya, girl! We call those "professional development day." I had one of those this morning. A 2nd grade rep from each school in teh disctrict met to develop a site-based objective for writing science observations. It was nice to be somewhere different for a change but it's not fun to write sub plans. We have a district wide prof. dev. day the 12th with the kids off so no plans for that day!

Glad you have the chance to catchup with some old friends that you don't get to see that often. That's always fun!

Oh god, and report cards!!! I totally have to do those!

PopArtGal
01-28-2010, 06:52 AM
ok, off for my first day without kids. But with a unit meeting.

Let's see what ends up getting done.

tinkgurl
01-28-2010, 11:28 AM
We just booked online!! woohoo!!

Old Key West- 1 Bedroom villa
3 Adults
July 18 to August 1

We'll be at OKW July 24-31!! :banana:

PopArtGal
01-28-2010, 03:45 PM
We'll be at OKW July 24-31!! :banana:

Welcome neighboor :)

PopArtGal
01-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Taking a breather from trying to put together everything I need for my Master's application.

Wow, it's taking so long. I'm looking for an essay I wrote while doing my B.F.A. Can't find the stupid file.

Anywayz.

So I printed all my mousekeeping envelopes.

Got 10. Not printing any for the day we get there or leave. Plus we always have at least 2 days where we don't ask for mousekeeping.

All I need to do is write our names on them. You know, to personalize them.

So today there was the meeting. Useless, as usual. People arguing and nothing really getting done.

I had dinner with my friend.

Then shopped for work.

Printed out some things for lessons.

Printed out the applications that I still need to print.

Brainstormed ideas for my letter of intent.

And... what else. I guess this is it.

See ya soon!

brookelizabeth
01-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Wow, you have a lot going on! Sounds like you got a few things done today though, so that's good. I hope you are able to rest and feel better to tackle everything.

That STINKS about only being part-time yet pretty much working full-time! :sad2:

jordanyosh
01-28-2010, 11:59 PM
You sound uber organized. I couldn't multi-task like you do. Great job getting some stuff done today.:thumbsup2

PopArtGal
01-29-2010, 07:32 AM
Wow, you have a lot going on! Sounds like you got a few things done today though, so that's good. I hope you are able to rest and feel better to tackle everything.

That STINKS about only being part-time yet pretty much working full-time! :sad2:

Sadly, schools are becoming like businesses.

If I have 2 full-time jobs (following one another that is) they have to give me tenure. Giving me tenure means having to find me a job in the schoolboard all the time. And these years, the #of kids in high school is decreasing. They are all in elementary school right now.

So they don't want to be stuck with people when they don't have jobs to give them I guess.

So they did some bad things (getting me really mad, I know they did me wrong, but I don't want to get the union mixed in and all. Seems to emotional for me, plus the year is halfway underway.) and I only have half the periods I should have. So half of my normal salary.

But I'm not used to not giving it my all. So I do all I can.

PopArtGal
01-29-2010, 07:33 AM

You sound uber organized. I couldn't multi-task like you do. Great job getting some stuff done today.:thumbsup2

I think that's part of being a teacher.

Right Nikki? Multitasking becomes part of the job description. Or is it gender related?:rotfl:

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-29-2010, 08:04 AM
I think that's part of being a teacher.

Right Nikki? Multitasking becomes part of the job description. Or is it gender related?:rotfl:

You are so right...I don't know if one because super organized because they are a teacher OR if one becomes a teacher because they are super organized! Either way, they go hand in hand!

brookelizabeth
01-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Sadly, schools are becoming like businesses.

If I have 2 full-time jobs (following one another that is) they have to give me tenure. Giving me tenure means having to find me a job in the schoolboard all the time. And these years, the #of kids in high school is decreasing. They are all in elementary school right now.

So they don't want to be stuck with people when they don't have jobs to give them I guess.

So they did some bad things (getting me really mad, I know they did me wrong, but I don't want to get the union mixed in and all. Seems to emotional for me, plus the year is halfway underway.) and I only have half the periods I should have. So half of my normal salary.

But I'm not used to not giving it my all. So I do all I can.

Wow. That is just awful. I can see why it would get you upset and emotional. I think it would to anyone!

PopArtGal
01-29-2010, 03:54 PM
OMG guys!

Guess who just got the best b-day wish and gift ever!!

1 week with my mom at All-Star music!!!!!

Feb 26 to March 5

PopArtGal
01-29-2010, 04:28 PM
what to wear!!!! I so want to take out my suitcase now.

I wonder if they'll have time to send us our documents!

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Oh my god, that is insane!! There's no time to plan!!!!! What an awesome birthday gift!!

Lifelong_Dreamer
01-29-2010, 05:59 PM
:woohoo: That's awesome!

PopArtGal
01-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Oh my god, that is insane!! There's no time to plan!!!!! What an awesome birthday gift!!

:woohoo: That's awesome!

I'm so happy I wanna cry!!

Ok, we got layovers in Toronto. But who cares! lol

PopArtGal
01-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Got my 2 ressies.

1900 parkfare to celebrate my b-day on feb 27. My actual b-day is feb 20. At 10:45am

And The Plaza on March 2, at 12:35pm

PopArtGal
01-29-2010, 08:20 PM
With all the work I did today, plus planning the trip, and the excitement, well I'm exhausted.

Going to bed if I don't want to be sick in March.

PopArtGal
01-30-2010, 07:25 PM
I keep thinking about WDW.

And this stupid thing keeps popping in my head.... a button. You know, like the Staples button. It was Scar, and it said"I am surrounded by idiots". Let's face it, I work with teens (and adults) and sometimes, I do feel some are idiots or acting like idiots at the moment lol

tinkerbell60
01-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Got my 2 ressies.

1900 parkfare to celebrate my b-day on feb 27. My actual b-day is feb 20. At 10:45am

And The Plaza on March 2, at 12:35pm

Sounds like great plans so far!! The one thing about March that is uncertain is the weather. I was once there and absolutely froze. You probably should pack a variety, but especially since it is early March - I would have a jacket and long pants for sure. Hopefully, the crowds will be light at that time. I would think so since Easter is not until early April.

PopArtGal
01-31-2010, 08:57 AM
Clothing is my biggest concern.

I was thinking of mostly bringing pants, and one pair of capris.

And sweaters and t-shirts to put under them.

Maybe small gloves and a scarf too.

tinkerbell60
01-31-2010, 10:05 AM
That sounds like a plan. I would also recommend checking Accuweather.com a few weeks before you go (which is soon!!). They give a forecast 15 days ahead. It is not 100%, but it is usually very close. At least you will get an idea of what to expect.

Just be prepared. Last year we were there the first week of April, mid-stay a cold front came through. It was sooooooooo cold. We had to buy the kids jackets and even then, it was chilly.

PopArtGal
01-31-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm still filling papers and copying documents they are asking for my application to my masters. That alone, should be the masters lol It's so long.

dvc at last !
01-31-2010, 10:18 AM
I am subscribing to read later ...

I love OKW, too !

:cool1:

PopArtGal
01-31-2010, 01:35 PM
So part 1 of the application is done.

And I just sent it.

Now taking a break and trip planning lol

Forgot to say that I had to go to Wal Mart because I ran out of ink. So I grabbed some stuff at the same time.

I was looking at the WDW website. Does anyone know about the gift card? Dunno if we'll get it.

PopArtGal
01-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Started packing.

I put the ponchos in. We bought small gloves.

Do you guys think I'd be ok with a sweater and a jean jacket on top?

PopArtGal
01-31-2010, 06:34 PM
I really wonder if they'll be able to send us our documents before we leave. Esp. Magical Express.

tinkgurl
01-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Wow, your trip is coming soon! We will be there March 14-19! :banana:

tinkerbell60
01-31-2010, 07:16 PM
I really wonder if they'll be able to send us our documents before we leave. Esp. Magical Express.

If you already booked, I would think they would just mail the documents soon. You should probably get them in the next week.

PopArtGal
01-31-2010, 08:26 PM
If you already booked, I would think they would just mail the documents soon. You should probably get them in the next week.

We booked on Friday

tinkerbell60
01-31-2010, 08:53 PM
Started packing.

I put the ponchos in. We bought small gloves.

Do you guys think I'd be ok with a sweater and a jean jacket on top?

I think you would be ok - but, I would still check the weather before you leave.

We booked on Friday

brookelizabeth
01-31-2010, 09:25 PM
Ahhh! Just got caught up from the last couple days! HOW AWESOME! That is a fannnnnnnnnnnntastic birthday gift. :yay::yay::yay: I'm so excited for you!!

As far as clothing, I've never gone in March, but we have been there in "iffy" weather. Usually long sleeved shirts to layer with short sleeved, along with a sweatshirt and/or jacket does work pretty well. Gloves are good for nighttime. If it gets really cold you can just layer, layer, layer! :goodvibes

Never ate at either of your ADR choices, but I've heard wonderful reviews of both. 1900 Parkfare for your birthday meal is a great choice, I'm sure it will be a blast!

I think for the gift card you have to be there on your actual birthday. Not 100% certain though.

You should get your documents in time, I've heard of Disney over-nighting them even.

Congrats on getting part of your application done!!!! :thumbsup2

that's nice
01-31-2010, 10:24 PM
HEY! :wave2:

Now I have to go back to check everything out!:)

PopArtGal
02-01-2010, 07:12 AM
I was thinking of the gift card they announce when you book a package

PopArtGal
02-02-2010, 06:10 PM
We received our DME tags today! Although we have 2 tags and 3 suitcases. But we'll do like last time and give them the number of the extra suitcase.

They must have done them quickly since it says in the booklet that they don't have my flight info. But I entered it the same day.

So glad that is here. Must mean the rest is on the way.

I'm now doing a bit of packing, and going to bed after.

Yup, it's early but I'm exhausted. Thank goodness I have thursday off.

tinkerbell60
02-02-2010, 07:52 PM
We received our DME tags today! Although we have 2 tags and 3 suitcases. But we'll do like last time and give them the number of the extra suitcase.

They must have done them quickly since it says in the booklet that they don't have my flight info. But I entered it the same day.

So glad that is here. Must mean the rest is on the way.

I'm now doing a bit of packing, and going to bed after.

Yup, it's early but I'm exhausted. Thank goodness I have thursday off.

WOW!! That is great news. I am surprised they only sent two tags though - usually we get more than we need. Maybe cause it was a rush....

I know one time my flight info on the packet was wrong, but when I called it was correct in their computer, they said, the most important thing is that they have your return flight info correct.

That is so exciting!!!

Pleasant dreams!!!

brookelizabeth
02-04-2010, 11:48 PM
I was thinking of the gift card they announce when you book a package

Oooooh, I forgot about that deal! I imagine you would get it when you check-in....:confused:

Yay for Mickey mail!!!! :yay: Our flight info was missing from the packet last time we did it too, we just called and made sure they had it right. It was no problem.

PopArtGal
02-05-2010, 06:51 AM
3 Weeks!!!

I'll be back later for an update. Have to go teach how life works to these kids lol

PopArtGal
02-05-2010, 06:33 PM
I wanted to update today, but I don't really have anything new to add for now.

Still waiting on the rest of the Mickey mail.

Had a bad day at work. Another fight in class.

And I started watching "Lost". So I'm not really making sentences that make sense lol

I'll be back later with a better post.

PopArtGal
02-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Ok, I am now taking a break from writing my letter of intent.

I'm putting down all my ideas. Hopefully, they can make a text lol

I am not done with a full page yet. Yikes! It's been so long since I've had to do this lol Plus none of my reference letters are ready yet. Even though I asked to get them by Friday. Which was yesterday.

So well, the packing is underway. Almost everything has been bought.

Still waiting on the other Mickey mail.

It looks like we'll have to change planes in Toronto. So we'll pass customs in Toronto, and not Montreal.

Sookie Stackhouse #2 is waiting for me in my carry-on.

The kids at school (well my work) are being impossible. I had a hard week. 2 fights in one week is hard on my stress level. They were not in the same class thankfully.

But some kids had to be suspended, and calls had to be made. Apparently the kids that teased the first hates me, and wants to kill us all. We'll see how that goes. He has some problems, so apparently he doesn't mean it.

Oh well, that's it for now.

How are you guys going?

disneybarbie
02-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi! sorry i have been reading but not written for a while lol.
What an amazing bday present from your mom.. two trips to Disney to look forward to is the best feeling!! :cool1:

PopArtGal
02-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi! sorry i have been reading but not written for a while lol.
What an amazing bday present from your mom.. two trips to Disney to look forward to is the best feeling!! :cool1:

My dad participated money wise a lot hehehe

But my mom is my favorite travel companion.

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Hey Christy! Ugh, I totally feel you on that letter of intent. Really, applying was such a pain but here I am, with my binder and papers sprawled all over the couch trying to do a paper on brain research as it's related to education. :sad2: Not fun! I bet having that trip so close definitely helps you!!

Tom bought me the first Sookie book but I haven't gotten around to it yet. How was it? I guess it must have been good if you are ready for the second one!

So....LOST! What did you think? We are super excited for the final season!

PopArtGal
02-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Hey Christy! Ugh, I totally feel you on that letter of intent. Really, applying was such a pain but here I am, with my binder and papers sprawled all over the couch trying to do a paper on brain research as it's related to education. :sad2: Not fun! I bet having that trip so close definitely helps you!!

Tom bought me the first Sookie book but I haven't gotten around to it yet. How was it? I guess it must have been good if you are ready for the second one!

So....LOST! What did you think? We are super excited for the final season!

Yep, that letter is a pain. But I think the research can be fun. I want to look at how animation affects or influences the teaching of the arts.

I loved the first book. And people said the books were disapointing compared to the tv series. I LOVED it! Smaller than I'm used to read. So it only took me like 3 days hehe I'm so glad I got books 1 to 8 for Christmas. I was taking a chance, but it was worth it.

As for LOST. I am lost lol I loved the episode. But I'm a bit confused. It feels like when they were showing bits of past seasons, I had missed some lol I need to buy season 5 and have a marathon lol

Well, I'm off to take a nap now hehe

Lifelong_Dreamer
02-06-2010, 05:02 PM
I loved the first book. And people said the books were disapointing compared to the tv series. I LOVED it! Smaller than I'm used to read. So it only took me like 3 days hehe I'm so glad I got books 1 to 8 for Christmas. I was taking a chance, but it was worth it.

Really? I found the books to be so much better than the tv show. :confused3

PopArtGal
02-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Really? I found the books to be so much better than the tv show. :confused3

Me too! You can see that by how fast I read it hehe

PopArtGal
02-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I am now finishing my second page. So I dunno how long my last page will be. They do say 2-3 pages, so I don't want to go overboard.

PopArtGal
02-07-2010, 07:42 AM
I just saw they are making a sequel to "Enchanted". I am disapointed. I love the movie. but I think it's perfect as it is. No sequel should be made. Stop making sequel for the fun of it!

that's nice
02-07-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm all caught up (finally!) :lmao:

A little update.

For those of you who have known me for a while, you know that I want to move to Florida and work there.

Well I have taken the first step towards it. I have sent my schooling documents to an organization that helps Canadian (and out of country people) get certified in the state they desire.

I have talked to the Florida schoolboard and they are very happy of my interest and are helping me. They are providing me all the information I need.

I now have to look how to get a working visa for me, and another type of visa (yeah I have no clue what I am looking for) that would allow my mom tov visit for months at a time.

This is major! Hurray for dad putting up the loot for your masters.

I am dreaming of a picture with Alice and the Madhatter. Both in the same picture with me. However, I have only seen Alice by herself at the teacups.

Any tricks?

1900PF breakfast.... you can get them both in a pic. I saw you have 1900PF booked but is it dinner?

OMG guys!

Guess who just got the best b-day wish and gift ever!!

1 week with my mom at All-Star music!!!!!

Feb 26 to March 5

We'll be missing you by 2 days. :sad2:

But that is the best gift eva!

Lifelong_Dreamer
02-07-2010, 08:55 AM
I agree, that is a sequel I definitely will not be watching.

PopArtGal
02-07-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm all caught up (finally!) :lmao:

This is major! Hurray for dad putting up the loot for your masters.

1900PF breakfast.... you can get them both in a pic. I saw you have 1900PF booked but is it dinner?

We'll be missing you by 2 days. :sad2:

But that is the best gift eva!

Yeah, my dad really is excited I think lol

Too bad, I would have loved to meet you after all this time. If your schedule changes, let me know.

I agree, that is a sequel I definitely will not be watching.

Believe me, I'll be watching. But doesn't mean I approve :)

PopArtGal
02-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Update

We may be cancelling 1900 parkfare to have an early morning at the Magic Kingdom.

I think I'd rather have a relaxing stroll down main street and eat at the bakery.

PopArtGal
02-08-2010, 02:59 PM
So since we'll be doing Quick Service mostly, I would like to know your fave places (including snacks) in each park.

Go

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-08-2010, 04:42 PM
So since we'll be doing Quick Service mostly, I would like to know your fave places (including snacks) in each park.

Go

"Chips" in England! Yum!!!

Also love Yak and Yeti counter service and Flame Tree. World Showcase has a lot of good counter service too.

PopArtGal
02-08-2010, 04:46 PM
"Chips" in England! Yum!!!

Also love Yak and Yeti counter service and Flame Tree. World Showcase has a lot of good counter service too.

Oh Flame Tree. Forgot about that one.

PopArtGal
02-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Why are some students so mean.

I need a break :)

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-09-2010, 07:55 PM

:sad2:

:hug:

that's nice
02-09-2010, 07:56 PM

How about a trip to WDW in 2 weeks??? :confused3 :rotfl2:

Got any wine? A glass right now might hit the spot! ;)

PopArtGal
02-09-2010, 07:58 PM
How about a trip to WDW in 2 weeks??? :confused3 :rotfl2:

Got any wine? A glass right now might hit the spot! ;)

I think I am going to bed early. I got these awards tomorow. I'm part of a comittee. So I'm spending a lot of time (8am to 12:55am) arranging the room and entertaining the good kids.

brookelizabeth
02-10-2010, 03:09 PM
The kids at school (well my work) are being impossible. I had a hard week. 2 fights in one week is hard on my stress level. They were not in the same class thankfully.

But some kids had to be suspended, and calls had to be made. Apparently the kids that teased the first hates me, and wants to kill us all. We'll see how that goes. He has some problems, so apparently he doesn't mean it.

Eeek. That's NOT fun. Sorry about the cruddy week!

Update

We may be cancelling 1900 parkfare to have an early morning at the Magic Kingdom.

I think I'd rather have a relaxing stroll down main street and eat at the bakery.

Ahhhhh, love it! The Bakery. :cloud9:

Go

Here are some of my favorites.

Anywhere Snacks
Itzakadoozie!

Epcot Snacks
Germany - Pretzel
Norway - Almond Pretzel
Sunshine Seasons - Strawberry Shortcake

Epcot Meal
Morocco - tons of food and so stinkin' good

MK Snacks
Adventureland - Dole Whip
Main Street - Bakery...anything! :laughing:
Tomorrowland Lunching Pad - Cream Cheese Pretzel, I haven't tried it yet, but have heard rave reviews.

MK Food
Casey's - Corn Dog Nuggets. :teeth:

AK Snacks
Asia - Tea stand, yummy chai

AK Food
Discovery Island - Pizzafari. I like it.
Discovery Island - Flame Tree. Haven't tried it myself, but as you know, good reviews - minus the beans which people seem to dislike.

DHS Snacks
Starring Rolls - Butterfinger Cupcake. Drool.

DHS Food
We had a great meal of chicken, rice and beans at the Studio Catering Company. I also like Pizza Planet.

:sad1: sorry to hear that....:hug: Disney in 2 weeks, Disney in 2 weeks - repeat!

Lifelong_Dreamer
02-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Here's a snack you should try: Cloudberry Horn, Norway bakery. TO DIE FOR!

PopArtGal
02-10-2010, 05:56 PM
:sad2:

:hug:
Thanks honey :goodvibes
Eeek. That's NOT fun. Sorry about the cruddy week!

Ahhhhh, love it! The Bakery. :cloud9:

Here are some of my favorites.

Anywhere Snacks
Itzakadoozie!

Epcot Snacks
Germany - Pretzel
Norway - Almond Pretzel
Sunshine Seasons - Strawberry Shortcake

Epcot Meal
Morocco - tons of food and so stinkin' good

MK Snacks
Adventureland - Dole Whip
Main Street - Bakery...anything! :laughing:
Tomorrowland Lunching Pad - Cream Cheese Pretzel, I haven't tried it yet, but have heard rave reviews.

MK Food
Casey's - Corn Dog Nuggets. :teeth:

AK Snacks
Asia - Tea stand, yummy chai

AK Food
Discovery Island - Pizzafari. I like it.
Discovery Island - Flame Tree. Haven't tried it myself, but as you know, good reviews - minus the beans which people seem to dislike.

DHS Snacks
Starring Rolls - Butterfinger Cupcake. Drool.

DHS Food
We had a great meal of chicken, rice and beans at the Studio Catering Company. I also like Pizza Planet.

:sad1: sorry to hear that....:hug: Disney in 2 weeks, Disney in 2 weeks - repeat!

Thank you for all the yummy suggestions. If I get corndog nuggets, I'll be dedicating them to you :) :cool2:
Here's a snack you should try: Cloudberry Horn, Norway bakery. TO DIE FOR!

I am dreaming of the school bread. And I heard they have Baileys coffees :) So if we go more than once, I'll try that :)

PopArtGal
02-11-2010, 07:53 PM
1900 Parkfare will be cancelled, but we added a Tony's lunch on the thursday.

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-11-2010, 07:58 PM
1900 Parkfare will be cancelled, but we added a Tony's lunch on the thursday.

Yay! You really wanted to work Tony's into this trip, didn't you?

PopArtGal
02-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Yup lol

Oh and no other Mickey mail yet.

PopArtGal
02-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Still no Mickey mail.

I am also thinking about our July trip. I wonder how much a bus ride, or a taxi ride would cost to US. I want to see the new Harry Potter section!

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-13-2010, 03:15 PM
I can't believe you are leaving in less than 2 weeks!!! Crazy!

PopArtGal
02-13-2010, 03:19 PM
I can't believe you are leaving in less than 2 weeks!!! Crazy!

I know. I still cannot believe it! :eek:

PopArtGal
02-13-2010, 06:11 PM
I just learned "Ugly Betty" has been cancelled. So there are only 8 episodes left. Even though the last season, and this present season have been a bit disapointing, I'm still sad.

PopArtGal
02-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Guess who's doing laundry for the trip hehe

I decided that my jean jacket needed to be washed :)

And other stuff.

PopArtGal
02-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Should I make a little sign to put in my window? To say it's my b-day? I dunno what to make though.

Anyone have good designs?

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Guess who's doing laundry for the trip hehe

I decided that my jean jacket needed to be washed :)

And other stuff.

Ooooh laundry and packing!! Soooo exciting getting things together. That's how you KNOW it's so soon!

Should I make a little sign to put in my window? To say it's my b-day? I dunno what to make though.

Anyone have good designs?

I don't know about making signs but I would definitely at least get a pin!

PopArtGal
02-14-2010, 11:34 AM
BElieve me. I'm so exited to have a trip that close to my b-day, I'll be wearing that pin every day!(of the trip, not at home hehe)

brookelizabeth
02-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Thank you for all the yummy suggestions. If I get corndog nuggets, I'll be dedicating them to you :) :cool2:

Woot! :yay:

Still no Mickey mail.

Eeek....!

I just learned "Ugly Betty" has been cancelled. So there are only 8 episodes left. Even though the last season, and this present season have been a bit disapointing, I'm still sad.

I haven't ever watched the whole show, but I know quite a few people that have really liked it! It seems like something I would like, but I just never caught it on time.

As for a sign, go for it! I wonder if the DISigns board has anything? :confused:

PopArtGal
02-15-2010, 06:48 PM
I just have to say I'm so happy I wanna cry.

A student from 5 years ago found me on facebook.

He's still in Arts.

He told me how I inspired him, and how he often thinks about me.

I can't believe I actually did that!

I feel great. So good. I can't believe he thinks so highly of me!

Lifelong_Dreamer
02-15-2010, 07:14 PM

He's still in Arts.

That's great! I can only imagine how great it must feel to know that you made an impression as a teacher.

brookelizabeth
02-16-2010, 12:45 PM

He's still in Arts.

That is incredible! Makes all those cruddy days worth it, doesn't it? :goodvibes

tinkgurl
02-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Wow, your trip is REALLY close. Have fun! I need to start packing soon. :banana:

PopArtGal
02-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Online check-in has been done!

tinkerbell60
02-16-2010, 07:54 PM
Lucky you!! That is so exciting!!!!

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-16-2010, 07:57 PM

He's still in Arts.

That is AWESOME! You need to print that and put in your portfolio for when you start interviewing in Florida! ;)

Online check-in has been done!

UNbelievable! Soooo soon!

PopArtGal
02-17-2010, 05:11 PM
We received a printed invoice today. I guess we are going to get the rest of our package upon check-in.

PopArtGal
02-17-2010, 06:29 PM
By the way guys, check out men dowhill skiing on feb 27-28. A guy named "Julien Cousineau" is from my hometown ;) And he's competing in the winter Olympics. Woot!

PopArtGal
02-17-2010, 06:32 PM
I meant Alpine Skiing

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-alpine-skiing/athletes/julien-cousineau_ath1009873Zx.html

brookelizabeth
02-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Happy Single Digit Dancing!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

By the way guys, check out men dowhill skiing on feb 27-28. A guy named "Julien Cousineau" is from my hometown ;) And he's competing in the winter Olympics. Woot!

That's very cool!!

PopArtGal
02-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks!!!

PopArtGal
02-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Today I got 2 gift cards in the mail.

1 gift card to HMV, a music and DVD store. I'm excited since all the Michael Jackson cds are cheap and some for 2/20$. So i'll be able to complete my collection. So sad he had to die for me to complete my collection cheaply. The cds were too expensive before. My grandpa sent me this one.

And a Sephora gift card. Who has too much make-up? Not me! lol That one's from one of my aunts.

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-18-2010, 04:22 PM
That's awesome! I've been obsessed with the Olympics this year! Whenever I see someone from Quebec, I think of you! My class and I are even keeping track of all the medals won. We've got a giant bulletin board on the outside wall with all the events running across the top and the dates along the side. Each day, we check the website and put the names of the countries on medals that they've covered and put them on the board. It's so fun and it looks awesome!

When are you leaving!??! So soon!!

PopArtGal
02-18-2010, 04:26 PM
That's awesome! I've been obsessed with the Olympics this year! Whenever I see someone from Quebec, I think of you! My class and I are even keeping track of all the medals won. We've got a giant bulletin board on the outside wall with all the events running across the top and the dates along the side. Each day, we check the website and put the names of the countries on medals that they've covered and put them on the board. It's so fun and it looks awesome!

When are you leaving!??! So soon!!

We're leaving feb 26

tinkerbell60
02-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Only 1 week from tomorrow!!!:banana: Sounds like your birthday celebration is already underway - enjoy!!!!

PopArtGal
02-18-2010, 05:06 PM
It is!! hehe

I am having dinner with friends this saturday. I'll try to post some pics.

brookelizabeth
02-18-2010, 11:43 PM
Love gift cards! Sephora...:love:

PopArtGal
02-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Love gift cards! Sephora...:love:

I'm such a Sephora addict. I spent so much money there lol

that's nice
02-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Getting that Mickey Mail is exciting isn't it? I'm waiting for my customized PP card. :rolleyes1

One week!!!!!!! 7 days to go!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

PopArtGal
02-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Getting that Mickey Mail is exciting isn't it? I'm waiting for my customized PP card. :rolleyes1

One week!!!!!!! 7 days to go!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

PP card?

that's nice
02-19-2010, 06:28 PM
PP card?

Sorry, photopass card. I pre-ordered the CD and they include a photopass card that you can customize.:goodvibes

PopArtGal
02-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Sorry, photopass card. I pre-ordered the CD and they include a photopass card that you can customize.:goodvibes

OH! Why did I never receive the code to pre-order? grr

PopArtGal
02-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Hey guys!

My b-day dinner was awesome!!

5 of my friends came. It was delicious.

and my ex-boyfriend (Who I recently started talking to again, and who is hoping we might get back together) dropped by with flowers.

My 27th year is starting with a blast!

Woohoo!

Disney here I come!

PopArtGal
02-21-2010, 09:54 AM
For all of Timon's admirers, here are pics taken yesterday.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/PopArtGal/IMG_2785.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/PopArtGal/IMG_2786.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/PopArtGal/IMG_2791.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/PopArtGal/IMG_2796.jpg

And here are 2 pics taken from my b-day dinner. I look AWEFUL! Must be the lighting. But they are the only 2 taken. So I'll keep them. We were too busy enjoying our dinner, and talking to take pics. I have this weird double chin. One the second pic, none of us were ready lol

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/PopArtGal/IMG_2801.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/PopArtGal/IMG_2802.jpg

And finally, the card my parents gave me! It's awesome. On the front it says: a birthday is like a cat. And the inside says: one morning you wake-up, and it's in your face lol

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/PopArtGal/IMG_2798.jpg

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Oh my god, I got Tom the EXACT same card for his birthday last year!!! (Except it was in English!)

Sounds like a fun day. Is that the ex in the second picture with you?!

Timon is soooo cute! He's still so tiny!

PopArtGal
02-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Yup it is the ex :)

PopArtGal
02-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Did you guys see this hat??

It's so cool. I wonder how expensive it is!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Television_and_Film/New_Disney_ear_hats_Alice_In_Wonderland.htm

PopArtGal
02-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Did everyone else leave me, except my beloved Nikki??

Lifelong_Dreamer
02-21-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm still here! Just busy. :goodvibes

PopArtGal
02-21-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm still here! Just busy. :goodvibes

Ok! Good! :) :goodvibes

disneybarbie
02-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Sorry.. I'm still here!! :goodvibes Your bday meal looked like fun.. I'm soooo jealous you're heading back to WDW soon! :yay:

I've just emailed my travel agent about booking a cruise on the Disney Dream to start our honeymoon next year... getting very excited! lol :goodvibes

PopArtGal
02-21-2010, 06:03 PM
I just received an e-mail from the ex. And he will stay the ex. Jerk.

Lifelong_Dreamer
02-21-2010, 06:04 PM

I'm sorry. :guilty:

PopArtGal
02-21-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm sorry. :guilty:

:guilty::sad2::sad1:

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-21-2010, 06:11 PM

Ugh! Forget him! You'll find someone new!

PopArtGal
02-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Ugh! Forget him! You'll find someone new!

Trying

PopArtGal
02-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Thing is. Last year I vowed never to cry over him again. And I'm not crying. Just mad and disapointed. It was THE very last time I talk to him.

Someone better has to come along, right? Please!

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Thing is. Last year I vowed never to cry over him again. And I'm not crying. Just mad and disapointed. It was THE very last time I talk to him.

Someone better has to come along, right? Please!

Yeah, it's best not to even TRY to be friends because it will never turns out well. There are always still feelings there and someone's bound to get hurt. Just cut him out of your life and someone better WILL come along! :hug:

PopArtGal
02-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Yeah, it's best not to even TRY to be friends because it will never turns out well. There are always still feelings there and someone's bound to get hurt. Just cut him out of your life and someone better WILL come along! :hug:

Thanks sweetie.

But as you get older, believing someone else will come along is getting harder :hug:

jordanyosh
02-22-2010, 01:36 AM
I apologize for the entire male population.

PopArtGal
02-22-2010, 06:56 AM

hahaha Thanks :hug:

that's nice
02-22-2010, 07:40 AM

You are on a roll my friend!!!!!

that's nice
02-22-2010, 07:41 AM
Thanks sweetie.

But as you get older, believing someone else will come along is getting harder :hug:

If you are looking for someone you won't find anyone... you will meet someone special at the most unexpected time. :)

Oh yea... 4 more days!!!!!!

PopArtGal
02-22-2010, 04:35 PM
We finally received the last of our Mickey mail! Including our photopass card.

In extremis?

tinkgurl
02-22-2010, 07:52 PM
We finally received the last of our Mickey mail! Including our photopass card.

We got ours last week! :banana:

jordanyosh
02-22-2010, 09:19 PM
hahaha Thanks :hug:

I'm glad I got a chuckle out of you....:hug: