PDA

View Full Version : I'm home. :-(

torsie24
10-17-2009, 05:48 AM
We got home yesterday morning. But I was no good for anything all day yesterday! Finally let ourselves go to bed at 8pm and we slept until 9.30 when our alarm went off. I still feel pretty wierd, but I'm going to keep myself busy today.

We had the most amazing trip ever!!!!!! And are both total WDW fans now (especially Jack who is as in love with it as I think a person can be! - we may be welcoming a new DISer soon I think!)

Best bits:

AKL and our amazing view! We'd certainly stay at AKL again, but having looked at all the other Deluxes during our trip GF is our top choice, but if we go for a quick wedding planning trip next year we'll stay at WL as we really loved it there too!

Mickey's Philharmagic!!! Words cannot describe my love for this attraction. It's just perfect!

Kilimanjaro Safari we both adored this attraction.

Hollywood Studios - a surprise favourite of both of us! It really is an amazing park, especially at night when it looks fabulous. I loved the feel of it there, fantasmic was just the best night time show by a million and TSM is SO much fun. I also fell in love with..

Tower of Terror - this was more of a personal victory of mine, as I was flat out terrified both time I rode the Paris version, and we didn't go onn the WDW one until day 10 of our trip as I kept avoiding it. I loved it though, and by Wednesday night I was riding it two times in a row and keeping my hands in the air! SO much fun, and the ride I'll be most excited about re-riding when we return.

MNSSHP just amazing! So much fun and the parade was awesome!

Dinosaur - Jack's favourite ride ever, he loves this, and I have to agree that it is possibly one of hte best dark rides out there! Along with the Spiderman ride which is awesome!

Cast members and the Disney magic There wasnt a day went by where we didn;t meet super friendly CMs and had great talks with them. They truly make WDW the amazing place it is.

Not so best bits:

(And please remember something that isn't "best" at WDW is still better than 99% of things in the real world)

World Showcase and F&W - I was expecting to adore WS, and F&W gets so much hype. We were both a bit underwhelmed. Obviously the Pavillions are very impressive, and I adored the Japan pavillion and also Morocco is pretty cool. Also loved Reflections of China! I can't fault the imagineering and architecture etc. But I just didn't find it somewhere we wanted to return to over and over. Also the F&W offerings most of the time were nothing special.

The American Adventure - I think it's probably a british thing, but this was just a bit long. Hall of Presidents on the other hand was very interesting and educational and we both really enjoyed HoP.

Indiana Jones - I think it needs a bit of a revamp.

PotC - Still a great ride, and I loved the Capt Jack additions, but having rode the paris version a LOT, this version certainly shows it was a predecessor. Something obviously that you can;t fault it for, being 20 years DLRPs senior, so it is more of an observation that we prefer the newer version, as it just seems to follow more of a story.

Kali - I love rapids, but found Kali to be a bit short and lacking.

I can't wait to do my TR, and can;t wait to plan our return!

mandymouse
10-17-2009, 06:16 AM
:wave: Welcome home Victoria, glad you had a great time. I love PhilharMagic too, I always get a tear in my eye at the Aladdin part, and I've seen it loads of times :)

I look forward to reading your trip report :thumbsup2

Neoshoegal
10-17-2009, 06:22 AM
Welcome back!
Congrats on riding Tower of Terror. We love this ride, but it certainly is all about the build-up!

I agree about the Kali river rapids, only did this once, found it too short and not much to it, but still got soaked

howlongtillsummer?
10-17-2009, 07:14 AM
WELCOME HOME!!

So glad to hear you loved WDW. Looking forward to reading all about it.
Best wishes.

joolz1910
10-17-2009, 07:55 AM
Welcome back! I bet that was over all too quickly.

Ashleylvsgoofy
10-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Welcome Home

Cant wait to read your trip report x

Cyrano
10-17-2009, 09:07 AM
Welcome home Victoria :wave2:

natalielongstaff
10-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Welcome home :thumbsup2

marcus.ka
10-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Mickey's Philharmagic!!! Words cannot describe my love for this attraction. It's just perfect!

Hollywood Studios - a surprise favourite of both of us! It really is an amazing park, especially at night when it looks fabulous. I loved the feel of it there, fantasmic was just the best night time show by a million and TSM is SO much fun. I also fell in love with..

Cast members and the Disney magic There wasnt a day went by where we didn;t meet super friendly CMs and had great talks with them. They truly make WDW the amazing place it is.

Not so best bits:

(And please remember something that isn't "best" at WDW is still better than 99% of things in the real world)

World Showcase and F&W - I was expecting to adore WS, and F&W gets so much hype. We were both a bit underwhelmed. Obviously the Pavillions are very impressive, and I adored the Japan pavillion and also Morocco is pretty cool. Also loved Reflections of China! I can't fault the imagineering and architecture etc. But I just didn't find it somewhere we wanted to return to over and over. Also the F&W offerings most of the time were nothing special.

Indiana Jones - I think it needs a bit of a revamp.

PotC - Still a great ride, and I loved the Capt Jack additions, but having rode the paris version a LOT, this version certainly shows it was a predecessor. Something obviously that you can;t fault it for, being 20 years DLRPs senior, so it is more of an observation that we prefer the newer version, as it just seems to follow more of a story.

We also returned form our first trip to WDW this week and I can sign many of your statments.
We also loved the Studios and together with the MK they would be the two best parks in the resort. Followed by Epcot and AK.

Where can I sign for "Get Philharmagic to DLRP"? ;)

gemmybear83
10-17-2009, 01:07 PM
I love Philarmagic too it makes me cry! I know what you mean about F&W too be honest I would try and avoid in future as it made WS so congested and I didnt like the drunken atmosphere on a weekend (we didnt even go to Epcot on a weekend but there were drunk people on the monorail :scared1:). I love WS when its nice and quiet and you can wander around.

The American Adventure makes Henry angry he hates it that much :rotfl: Unfortuently Hall of Presidents fell into that bracket too for us, we both really enjoyed the first half but the second half :sick:

You will love Wilderness Lodge, I think the rooms are meant to be similar to AKL but obviously a different theme. Its beautiful :love:

gemmybear83
10-17-2009, 01:09 PM
We also returned form our first trip to WDW this week and I can sign many of your statments.
We also loved the Studios and together with the MK they would be the two best parks in the resort. Followed by Epcot and AK.

Where can I sign for "Get Philharmagic to DLRP"? ;)

I think it was meant to go to DLRP it was the first show to be designed for all the parks (thats why there is very little speech). Tokyo Disney are just getting it now and I don't think its in Hong Kong so they are slow on the uptake!

torsie24
10-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Wow, if Philharmagic comes to DLRP I would make a trip just for it!!!!

Although, Jack and I both feel we'll be patrons of WDW more frequently than DLRP in future. We looove DLRP, but there just isn't nearly as much magic there sadly.

scottish mum
10-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Glad you had a great trip, looking forward to the trippie

jjk
10-18-2009, 02:57 AM
welcome back :goodvibes

eeyorefanuk
10-18-2009, 07:14 AM
Sounds like you had a great time :goodvibes Can you let us know on this side of DIS when you start your trip report please :goodvibes

Chilly
10-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Welcome home. Looking forward to your TR.

Ware Bears
10-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Welcome back :wave2:

tinks_1989
10-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Hi

glad you had such a lovely time me and Dave have huge disney blues today every thing makes me think of our great trip shame you didnt think much of FW me and Dave love it there

I am in planning for our next trip hoping for sept next year :D

oh yeah the smell on philar magic yummy

torsie24
10-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Glad to see you back sweetie! I can't wait to hear all about your trip too!! :)