PDA

View Full Version : Just Back!!

gschmerl
07-12-2002, 09:21 PM
Just got back tonight from four nights HRH( July 3-7)and five nights Dolphin at WDW(July 7-12).
HRH was great once again, but noisier than I remembered. I don't mean the music, it just seemed we heard everything going on in the rooms around us. We booked a garden view room, but were given a pool view (didn't ask for it). I really don't see the big deal about pool view. We really didn't have a great view of the pool, and could always hear the bass from the music. All that aside, we had a great time.
My nephew and his family drove up from Westin, FL and got a room at the RP. The rooms at the RP are definitely smaller, only have one sink, but have a really cute back scratcher hanging from the bathroom door. The little bit of the RP we saw was very nice. Beautifully done.
Again, can't say enough about those magic room keys. Express access was priceless. Stand by for Spider Man 90 min, we were on in about eight minutes. It's just so wonderful to not have to do parks commando style.
WONDERFUL meals at Mythos. Had the Corvina which was out of this world. Of course I couldn't resisit the warm gooey chocolate banana cake. Also did lunch there which was great.
I'll try to write a full trip report once I get fully unpacked and settled in here.

Sherrilatte
07-12-2002, 10:53 PM
Welcome back! Can't wait to read your report!

CPM
07-13-2002, 12:35 AM
Welcome back!!
I had the same problem at HRH when we had a pool view, all you hear is the bass from the music. I make sure we have a garden view now. It's nice & quiet.

Robinrs
07-13-2002, 12:42 PM
:wave: Welcome back, gschmerl!! :wave:

I totally agree with the card key access... gotta love running past that LOOOOOOONG line of angry people!! :bounce:

Didja see my ex, Spidey??? :p

gschmerl
07-13-2002, 04:56 PM
Robin,
Spidey was out several times. Also saw the Super Hero parade.
One of our Spidey rides had a malfunction and there was no projection during the final drop--just black. I didn't like missing one of the best parts of the ride and told the CM and he sent us right through a short hall and back on again. Even FASTER than the express!! Gotta love it!

Kitty 34
07-15-2002, 09:17 AM
Same thing happned to us on the Spidey ride......screens went black, sat there for 40 minutes. But they walked us thru the same little hallway and right back on the ride!!!

We enjoyed our stay at HRH, too, but am glad we had the real garden view because it was so-o-o peaceful!!:D

gschmerl
07-15-2002, 09:41 AM
Kitty 34,
You are right about the garden view. It was very quiet when we had that room. No more pool view for me!

DVC Daisy
07-15-2002, 11:12 AM
Kitty 34,

Oh My, are you saying that you were STUCK on the ride for 40 minutes? Like, just sitting there? I am totally claustrophopic (sp?) and that would kill me! It is a challenge for me to get INTO the cars. They did not unload the cars when the ride broke down?

I may have to rethink this riding Spidey over again...

Deb

CPM
07-15-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by DVC Daisy
Kitty 34,

Oh My, are you saying that you were STUCK on the ride for 40 minutes? Like, just sitting there? I am totally claustrophopic (sp?) and that would kill me!

sounds familiar!:rolleyes: